PDA

View Full Version : Trulli optimistic before Spain...

pino
8th May 2007, 14:09
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/58623

Can he finish on podium ? It would be great for him, the Team and me :D

ArrowsFA1
8th May 2007, 16:28
Sorry pino, but somehow I doubt it :dozey: To do that he's going to have to beat the Ferraris & McLarens...

CarlMetro
8th May 2007, 20:42
Sorry pino but Jarno has as much chance of making the podium in Barcelona as DC has of making 2007 'his year' :p :

pino
8th May 2007, 22:34
You guys think what you want but I am sure very soon Jarno will bring Toyota on podium :p :

Kevincal
9th May 2007, 00:04
I think Trulli will be lucky to make the points. :)

Valve Bounce
9th May 2007, 00:40
Sorry pino, but somehow I doubt it :dozey: To do that he's going to have to beat the Ferraris & McLarens...

He will also have to go faster :p :

pino
9th May 2007, 06:31
I think Trulli will be lucky to make the points. :)

Already did that twice in 3 races :p :

Kevincal
9th May 2007, 06:45
Yes...but barely. ;)

pino
9th May 2007, 07:03
In Baharain Jarno did a great race and deserved those points :up:

ArrowsFA1
9th May 2007, 08:32
He will also have to go faster :p :
Or join Williams :D

aryan
9th May 2007, 09:39
With all respect pino, i don't think any of the Toyotas are going to score any points in Spain.

pino
9th May 2007, 09:57
Whats the matter with you Guys ? :crazy: life is beautifull and we all must think positive :D

CarlMetro
9th May 2007, 10:12
Positive is one thing, I prefer realistic ;)

Valve Bounce
9th May 2007, 10:23
With luck, and maybe if Toyota gets their setup right, who knows. maybe Jarno will score again - let's hope so.

janneppi
9th May 2007, 10:24
He's been taking too many test samples from his vineyard. :)

Garry Walker
9th May 2007, 12:14
You guys think what you want but I am sure very soon Jarno will bring Toyota on podium :p :

Only if the 4 out of the BMW, Ferrari and McLaren guys retire or have big problems. Red Bull will overtake/has overtaken toyota aswell, I believe.

Cant forget Williams and Renault either.

Ed
9th May 2007, 13:20
doubt it. he'll have to get passed the bemmers first!

Roamy
9th May 2007, 16:26
Pino

Big shunt or you must punt !!!!!!!!!!!

ClarkFan
9th May 2007, 16:54
Whats the matter with you Guys ? :crazy: life is beautifull and we all must think positive :D

But Pino, I have been rooting for Honda, which makes positive thinking pretty difficult. :\

Also, my positive (Honda moves up the ranks) becomes your negative (Honda goes by Toyota and Trulli), unless there is one of those massive first-corner mash-ups that takes out a bunch of other teams. :s

ClarkFan

pino
10th May 2007, 09:12
No doubts about both Honda and Toyota (once again) have failed to build a competitive car, but they might make some progress who knows ? Personally I am still confident about Jarno, he has the skills to bring Toyota on podium already in the next race :D You should think the same Clark ;)

ioan
10th May 2007, 09:35
No doubts about both Honda and Toyota (once again) have failed to build a competitive car, but they might make some progress who knows ? Personally I am still confident about Jarno, he has the skills to bring Toyota on podium already in the next race :D You should think the same Clark ;)

At least half the grid has the skills to put a car on the top of the podium and almost all of them can get a podium in the right car!

jens
10th May 2007, 10:40
Toyota seems to be one of the most underrated teams. For example there has been talks about about Red Bull's, Honda's, Williams's, BMW's, whoever's, rise and on the contrary, you are ignoring Toyota? You are talking about everyone that they can do better and are on a rise. And the only one you are downplaying is Toyota. Most of you thought before the start of the season that they even won't finish even in Constructors Top6, but what is the reality? Strong 5th position with good chances of attacking fourth. Yeah sure, they have their structural problems, which prevent them to rise to the top, BUT I'm also convinced that people make to look Toyota worse than they actually are.

I tend to second to pino (we are the only Toyota supporters on this forum, so no surprise that others are trying to make anti-Toyota propaganda and wish to see them dropping backwards :p :) as it looks as though as Toyota has been consistently moving forward. I'm not expecting a podium, but I'm looking forward to see them as fourth best at Barcelona behind Ferraris, McLarens and BMWs - therefore finishing 7th and 8th. But unlike you I'm also trying not to underestimate rivals and expect Renault, Red Bull and maybe even Williams giving a good fight for them for those last point positions.

But... where I'm expecting a podium, is of course Monaco, Trulli's favourite circuit. With a couple of retirements only five damn laps separated him from podium last year. Who knows, maybe this will happen again?

pino
10th May 2007, 11:45
I tend to second to pino (we are the only Toyota supporters on this forum, so no surprise that others are trying to make anti-Toyota propaganda and wish to see them dropping backwards :p :)

Sorry but I am a Trulli fan...not a Toyota's :p :

jens
10th May 2007, 11:51
Sorry but I am a Trulli fan...not a Toyota's :p :

True, but it should automatically mean that you have to support Toyota as well.

CarlMetro
10th May 2007, 13:06
it looks as though as Toyota has been consistently moving forward.

We must be watching a different Toyota :confused:

All I have seen over the past few seasons is a full manufaturer-based team, with by far the largest workforce and by far the largest budget, with the most high-tech facilities of any team consistanly performing midfield or worse.

They had one of the best designers of his generation and because he didn't pull magic out of the hat within the first year, they sacked him. They have had more managers/chief engineers in their short history than I've had jobs, and I've had a lot of jobs.

If it wasn't for the sheer bloody-mindedness and desire to beat Honda then Toyota would have pulled the plug a long time ago and I doubt whether we will see them fund the F1 project for much longer either.

jens
10th May 2007, 16:05
By "moving forward" I meant their progress during this season.

In Australia they had no chance against Renault and also Williams slightly managed to beat them.
In Malaysia they gap between them and Williams didn't get smaller, but at the same time they were already only a couple of seconds behind Renault.
In Bahrain Toyota already managed to beat Renault and Williams. So so far Toyota has developed forward faster than for example those two teams. Also in Australia Toyota was lapped, but wasn't lapped at Sepang and Sakhir.

Anything else ununderstandable?

CarlMetro
10th May 2007, 16:37
By "moving forward" I meant their progress during this season.

In Australia they had no chance against Renault and also Williams slightly managed to beat them.
In Malaysia they gap between them and Williams didn't get smaller, but at the same time they were already only a couple of seconds behind Renault.
In Bahrain Toyota already managed to beat Renault and Williams. So so far Toyota has developed forward faster than for example those two teams. Also in Australia Toyota was lapped, but wasn't lapped at Sepang and Sakhir.

Anything else ununderstandable?

And you call that progress? Wow, not much needed to impress you, is there? Personally I see very little, if any, improvement over the past few seasons, let alone the last three races. But I'd wait until at least half way through this season to say whether they've made any advancements on their previous poor record.

I hope Jarno, or Ralph for that matter, prove me wrong, and they both finish on the podium and maybe even start winning races, it would be good for the sport to have another title contender. But until they do many people, myself included, will see Toyota F1 as under-achievers.

jens
10th May 2007, 17:48
And you call that progress? Wow, not much needed to impress you, is there?

The name of that attitude is to find positive even in small things. :) Things can always be worse than they actually are... and even if there isn't a way to fall deeper, then the consolation is that it can't get more worse. :p :