PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

AndyL
25th November 2017, 12:53
Half way through Q1 and no race weekend thread yet... with the championships settled and a circuit that's been referred to as "Abu Dullbi" I guess this is not the most hotly anticipated race of the year :)

truefan72
25th November 2017, 13:47
bottas takes pole.
All this means is that either vettel or hamilton or both will pass him in the first few corners
:)

AndyL
25th November 2017, 16:17
bottas takes pole.
All this means is that either vettel or hamilton or both will pass him in the first few corners
:)

Place bets now! You know actually I have a little hunch Bottas will win this one.

steveaki13
26th November 2017, 12:32
So here we are guys. The last race of another season. Wow they rock around don't they?

I have been watching old seasons the last few weeks in spare time as I cook, relax or work. Been following 1997-1999. Great fun to see the sport I really loved back then. Different to now no doubt.

Nitrodaze
26th November 2017, 12:51
Place bets now! You know actually I have a little hunch Bottas will win this one.

Hamilton didn't wanrt to take that place really did he?

Nitrodaze
26th November 2017, 12:55
If Bottas wins the race and Vettel stays third, Vettel shall still be second in the driver championship l think.

Nitrodaze
26th November 2017, 13:03
Really great scrap between Grosjean and Stroll. But experience wins out.

steveaki13
26th November 2017, 13:09
The Haas manager moaning at Stroll for wasting time defending 13th. Then drivers moaning.

I think this is why I never love F1 as much anymore.

gm99
26th November 2017, 13:42
Renault pit crew pretty useless today.

steveaki13
26th November 2017, 14:01
Pretty awful race again here. Just cannot love this place

The Black Knight
26th November 2017, 14:37
Awful race. Shame they don’t scrap this race as it has never been entertaining. Top job by Bottas. DOTD

N4D13
26th November 2017, 14:42
I missed the first 15 or 20 laps of the race as I was late and then I couldn't find a stream to watch. I wouldn't have minded missing the rest of the race, anyway.

Nitrodaze
26th November 2017, 15:52
I think the fight for the championship not going down to the wire made this race very mundane. There was really not much being faught for. Bottas was a bit disappointing that he did not win in Brazil which would have made the fight for the runnerup the subject of this race. He won it but did not really have any impact at all.

N. Jones
26th November 2017, 17:27
I hatethis track and always will. Mercedes and Hamilton let Bottas win, that\s my belief.
Anyway, this is over and a new logo, a new safety, device, new streaming service, and new broadcasters for the US is not going to change anything for me unless they find a way to increase overtaking, or a least promote battles for position, getting rid of DRS, and going to countries where people actually want to watch the race. China, Bahrain, and UAE might look nice but with empty stands (China) or very few stands (Bahrain), or because of money (UAE, which means this will never go away) these tracks need to go far, far, away.

zako85
26th November 2017, 21:36
This race wasn't horrible because when you start watching a final race in a lame duck season on a race track that's famous for processional driving, you already have very low expectations to begin with. I prepared my breakfast and ate it while watching the race. This can't be worse than anything else on TV on a Sunday morning.

Warriwa
27th November 2017, 01:52
God I hate Red Bull.

Nitrodaze
28th November 2017, 10:43
God I hate Red Bull.

They are odd balls but very exciting racers as a team. I can do without their incessant whining about engine though!

N4D13
28th November 2017, 20:18
They are odd balls but very exciting racers as a team. I can do without their incessant whining about engine though!
They should hire Alonso for that. :p

Nitrodaze
9th December 2017, 17:30
I have to say the air display at Abu dhabi was the best l have seen.

Bagwan
11th December 2017, 15:32
I have to say the air display at Abu dhabi was the best l have seen.

Totally agree with you on that one .
It was amazing .......highlight of the race !