PDA

View Full Version : 2018 WRX Teams

Abarth
12th November 2017, 20:10
Who will drive in what car in 2018?

ESTR
13th November 2017, 17:36
Officially it's not confirmed anything at the moment.

My predictions:

Peugeot Sport (Peugeot 208)
-Sebastien Loeb

PSRX VW (VW Polo)
-Johan Kristoffersson
-Petter Solberg

EKS (???):
-Mattias Ekstrom

BMW??? (???)
-Timo Scheider

Hyundai??? (???)
-Niclas Gronholm???

Prodrive Renault (Renault Megane)
-Guerlain Chicherit

Then there is Hansen family (I think that they will still be with Peugeot). Bakkerud is without a seat at the moment. As I said we don't know much only Loeb and Peugeot are talking and Megane is in the works.

Sulland
13th November 2017, 20:43
PsRx:
Solberg Petter
Kristofferson
Solberg Oliver (some races)

EKS:
Ekstrøm
Bakkerud

Peugeot:
Loeb + Citroen in WRC
T Hansen

Renault:
Chicherit
Button

KIA:
ChiChi
Grønholm

Adapta: (Ford)
Østberg
Henning/Pontus

BMW/ Mercedes
Scheider
A Rental

Lada:
Timur

Fast Eddie WRC
14th November 2017, 11:19
A new team led by a multiple champion skier will run Renault Clios in @FIAWorldRX next year https://t.co/tmkMZEzZni https://t.co/wijSh44WMM

Sub_Skoda
14th November 2017, 13:09
A new team led by a multiple champion skier will run Renault Clios in @FIAWorldRX next year https://t.co/tmkMZEzZni https://t.co/wijSh44WMM

Just a "Junior Team" for ERX, FranceRX and some WRX races : http://www.lemagsportauto.com/rallycross-guerlain-chicherit-annonce-g-fors-rx-team/27907/

giu canbera
15th November 2017, 00:02
I'm guessing something like

Johan/Petter - VW Polo
Loeb/Bakku - Peugeot
Timmy/Kevin - Peugeot
Ekstrom/Nitiss - Audi
Marklund/Janis - VW Polo
>>(OR Eki and Marklund with VW Polo)
Scheider/Hirvonen - Mini
>> OR Riku Tahku, OR Liam Doran
Niclas/Eriksson - Hyundai l OR Niclas and Sordo/Paddon
Chicherit - Renault
>>(As far as I understood, Kalliokoski and a second driver will compete in EuroRX with that team/car. Chicherit and maybe a 2nd driver will compete in World,Euro and French series. Is that right?)
I think OMSE, STARD and MPJ will be around too

Updated guesses!

JUF
15th November 2017, 07:18
There might be some truth in there. But being backed by RedBull I don't see why Topi Heikkinen should leave EKS RX. And I think that Andreas Bakkerud is still a Monster Energy Athlete. This would make it impossible for him to join Peugeot.
STARD and MJP will be seperated teams again. The relationship between Stohl and Pucher is rather difficult after last year...
So here is my guess:

VW PSRX - Kristoffersson / Solberg
Peugeot Sport - Loeb / Jeanney?
EKS - Ekström / Heikkinen
Hansen / GRX - T. Hansen / Grönholm / selected rounds K. Hansen
OMSE - Eriksson / Eriksson
GCK - Chichérit / Bakkerud
MJP - Scheider / Nitiss?
STARD - Baumanis / Timerzyanov

Simmi
22nd November 2017, 09:55
Big cover story in Motorsport News today is that Marcus Gronholm is closing in on that much rumoured two-car Hyundai team.

Not works backed at this point, but he's hoping to get factory support in the future. I think a web link to the story will go up today at some point.

Simmi
22nd November 2017, 11:44
And here is the story in full: https://www.autosport.com/wrx/news/133202/gronholm-in-talks-with-hyundai-for-world-rx

giu canbera
22nd November 2017, 20:16
Hirvonen and Scheider racing the BMW Minis would be pretty cool

About the Hyundai, maybe Kev Eriksson could be the second driver. Marcus and Andreas are great friends and OMSE gave Niclas/Kev a Fiesta 2 years ago. Maybe its payback time haha

I saw people saying Bakkerud would be on the Hyundai, but I dont believe that. I think he will race with Loeb and Peugeot.
I can see Hyundai fitting Sordo and Paddon in WorldRX too.

giu canbera
22nd November 2017, 20:35
I saw this tweet from September 27

Huttunen, el seleccionado por Hyundai, pertenece a la empresa de representación de Marcus Grönholm (GRX), junto a Niclas y Joni Wiman

I was thinking Joni was not even alive anymore haha

pantealex
23rd November 2017, 09:29
I saw this tweet from September 27

Huttunen, el seleccionado por Hyundai, pertenece a la empresa de representación de Marcus Grönholm (GRX), junto a Niclas y Joni Wiman

I was thinking Joni was not even alive anymore haha

Wiman is one of three GRX drivers and has been since GRX started. That does´t mean he is Hyundai driver 2018.

I don´t believe that Bakkerud will end to bad team or new team, he is one of Top5 drivers and will race in Top team 2018 (Audi, PSA or VW)

ESTR
24th November 2017, 18:27
Looks like DA Racing switch from Peugeot 208 to Renault Captur.. Nice one. Maybe will be in World RX too if the cars are made for superar regulations.

Arnold Triyudho Wardono
25th November 2017, 03:57
That's for Andros Trophy only, I think..

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

ESTR
25th November 2017, 05:25
That's for Andros Trophy only, I think..

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

yes true but this andros trophee is sceduled from now to feb next year, world rx starts in april, it would be awesome if they have a go there too

SubaruNorway
25th November 2017, 17:26
Looks like DA Racing switch from Peugeot 208 to Renault Captur.. Nice one. Maybe will be in World RX too if the cars are made for superar regulations.

Far from it, space frame, engine in the back and rear wheel steer.

giu canbera
28th November 2017, 14:34
Scheider and BMW in talks
https://www.autosport.com/wrx/news/133322/scheider-discussing-bmw-world-rx-programme

Eki hoping for a Factory Backed team
https://www.autosport.com/wrx/news/133176/ekstrom-hopes-of-staying-in-rx-with-audi-rising

The interesting part is that BMW is also interested in the Electric Class.

giu canbera
28th November 2017, 14:48
Audi will compete in FormulaE as a factory team now and they are producing TCR cars. Now Eki is saying he needs factory support and I kinda believe Audi WILL join WRX. And its no secret VW/AUDI WANTS to race the e-RX class.

BMW will enter FormulaE (via Andretti, in 2019) and WEC (next year - GT class) with factory support.
THey want to make TCR cars... especially now that WTCC will run TCR machines...
And now this RX/Scheider talk... and the e-RX thing for 2020.

Hmmmm IDK, eh? Maybe DTM is in real danger.

ESTR
28th November 2017, 15:16
Eki says he think that S1 is great for the sport, but not for sales. Maybe they want to enter with A3/S3, TT, or Q3 (my guess)

Tarmop
28th November 2017, 15:54
Q3 :rolleyes:

skarderud
28th November 2017, 16:49
If bakkerud not get a seat in wrx next year, he is in talks with several teams, a season in WRC 2 is a possibility.

Sent fra min XP7700 via Tapatalk

electroliquid
28th November 2017, 16:53
He done only 2 rallies with Fiesta R2, he's talented driver, but WRC2 with that amount of experience?..

skarderud
28th November 2017, 18:56
https://parcferme.no/nyheter/derfor-vurderer-andreas-sterkt-a-melde-overgang-rally/

Here is the link!

He want to show that rx is not only for retired rallydrivers, and he knows that it's going to be lots of work to be "up there" before he can do Wrc2, ut could also be necessary to move from Bergen to east Norway...;)

Sent fra min XP7700 via Tapatalk

Essaj
28th November 2017, 19:00
Would be nice seeing both Bakkerud and Nitiss doing some more rallying. Private entry WRX is so freaking expensive that move to rally would kinda make sense.

MrJan
10th December 2017, 18:30
Bakkerud racing for DA Racing in the Andros Trophy, possible sign of where he's going?

ESTR
10th December 2017, 18:58
Bakkerud racing for DA Racing in the Andros Trophy, possible sign of where he's going?

I didn't see that coming

pantealex
11th December 2017, 08:43

Hope not, he deserves much better team/car.

Sub_Skoda
11th December 2017, 11:49

I don't think so. Bakkerud wants a winning team not a private team like DA. It's just for fun or for testing a Renault car.

mArvAlcao17
11th December 2017, 12:54
I don't think so. Bakkerud wants a winning team not a private team like DA. It's just for fun or for testing a Renault car.

better than no drive at all

MrJan
11th December 2017, 13:41

My thoughts too...but there probably aren't a huge number of decent seats (assuming that Peugeot don't split from Hansen and EKS continue with 3 cars) so I'm not sure that he'll be able to pick and choose too much if he wants to stay in RX.

Time will tell, my gut feel is that he will be at one of the bigger teams or will race elsewhere (maybe GRC with Block).

tomhlord
11th December 2017, 13:46
(maybe GRC with Block).

Is he doing GRC in 2018? Thought it was promo films and stage rally on the agenda?

ESTR
11th December 2017, 14:39
Is he doing GRC in 2018? Thought it was promo films and stage rally on the agenda?

Maybe will be in Renault Megane and this is just for his training??

giu canbera
11th December 2017, 17:40
BTW... No big news on GRC 2018 yet
Nobody knows if RedBull will continue. Honda may not return.
Subaru said it will sell cars for privateers. VW will be there.
The Fiestas are kinda OLD. They need MSport (or OMSE?) to build new cars to be more competitive.
No news on new brands. And there was a talk about a schedule with only 7 tracks - All doubleheaders (like the short course off road series in America - TORC and LOORRS)

However, Casey Mears seems to be looking into GRC and Stadium Super Trucks for next year.
Polaris Razor will have a new category in GRC (Kinda Like Stadium Super Trucks had this year.. Something almost like that TerraCross championship, but with less dirt on the tracks)
TOTAL signed a big partnership for next season.

pantealex
20th December 2017, 17:03
Topi Heikkinen is out from EKS Audi

He just announced it himself, will tell in January what is going on for him.