PDA

View Full Version : Turkey 2018

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

mk1
11th October 2017, 14:16
Hi guys, just new here so hello to all

Just wondering if any of you guys know which location will be used for the above rally next year, i think it was antalya last time in 2010 but i cant find any info on next years.

Many thanks

tc10a
11th October 2017, 14:32
It will be based around Marmaris:

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/september-2017/compact-turkey/page/4876--12-12-.html

CWJ
11th October 2017, 14:58
Candidate event will be next week with stages close to SVP

http://www.marmarisrallyturkey.com/en/

AL14
11th October 2017, 15:57
I'm curious to see how it will be. Is it the same rally as some years ago? It was very tough and rough. Would be nice to have a rally like that even if we will miss fast and narrow roads from Poland.

tommeke_B
11th October 2017, 16:14
I'm curious to see how it will be. Is it the same rally as some years ago? It was very tough and rough. Would be nice to have a rally like that even if we will miss fast and narrow roads from Poland.

The stages of the 2nd leg this year have been mostly used last year. Some time ago I watched some onboard and they looked rather slow, twisty and blind. Not very interesting to spectate I think, a bit like Cyprus when it used to be in WRC. I hope the new stages (first leg now) will be a bit more interesting, but watching them on Google Earth doesn't look very promising. I hope they find some interesting roads for next year. The organizers have one big advantage, there will be almost no spectators, so normally also few or no spectator safety issues. :)

mk1
11th October 2017, 18:02
The organizers have one big advantage, there will be almost no spectators, so normally also few or no spectator safety issues. :)

Thats kinda put a dampner on it then, i was looking at booking a holiday over there next year and hoped to see some of the action,i take it you mean its because its mountains spectators wont get to is it.

Anyway i have a year to plan it so could always look at spain.

tommeke_B
11th October 2017, 18:08
Sure you will be able to get to the stages, don't worry. But try to get a 4wd car. ;) It's probably even easier than most other events, simply because there aren't much spectators on such remote (and new) events, so little traffic, close for parking etc.

racerx1979
11th October 2017, 18:18
If you hold an American passport you won't be able to spectate since Americans are now banned to enter Turkey LOL!!

https://www.pri.org/stories/2017-10-11/tit-tat-visa-bans-leave-turks-and-americans-heartbroken

jparker
12th October 2017, 07:11
Well, the main reason to bin Poland was spectators issues. Now this has been taken care of.

GigiGalliNo1
14th October 2017, 17:12
A few media are not going to attend and a lot of talk about safety for the WRC crew in regards to where they reside and personal safety (opinions and feelings) so will see how Turkey goes... from my chats in Spain.

I’ll be booking s refundable ticket just in case the round gets cancelled last minute.

Franky
14th October 2017, 21:17
Matt, be more optimistic. Still a long time to go till the event is supposed to run next year.

nafpaktos
14th October 2017, 21:18
Yes there is no stability in Turkey this moment,but i dont think there will be any problem to that area.as far as i know the coastal cities are safe.

GigiGalliNo1
15th October 2017, 09:39
I’m optimistic!

I’m going! Haha

I have no issues with going :)

CWJ
15th October 2017, 18:55
Will be there from Wednesday, who else? PN

Zeakiwi
15th October 2017, 21:10
Yes there is no stability in Turkey this moment,but i dont think there will be any problem to that area.as far as i know the coastal cities are safe.

There was a bus bombing in Izmir of prison guards back in August. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-turkey-security-blast/several-wounded-after-blast-hits-bus-in-turkeys-izmir-idUSKCN1BB0HU
Izmir is 260 km from Marmaris where the world rally is to be held.
The reality in travelling to most countries is you are more likely to be involved in a traffic accident, or local everyday thugs, camera/ thieves, pick pockets etc than a terrorist incident.

steve.mandzij
22nd October 2017, 01:51
Wow, I'm super disappointed. I was one of Rally Turkey's biggest defenders, but a recent article on WRC.com just stated that after a Friday ceremonial start only 13 stages would be run on days two and day three. What kind of shit Corsican rally is this?!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

JUF
22nd October 2017, 07:40
There was a bus bombing in Izmir of prison guards back in August. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-turkey-security-blast/several-wounded-after-blast-hits-bus-in-turkeys-izmir-idUSKCN1BB0HU
The reality in travelling to most countries is you are more likely to be involved in a traffic accident, or local everyday thugs, camera/ thieves, pick pockets etc than a terrorist incident.
This is absolutely true. If I would travel to Turkey I wouldn't fear a terrorist attack. These happen very rarely. But what I would fear is that I get imprisoned arbitrarily. You never know which reason they find to arrest you. Moreover, the question arises if a country should get a WRC round when its president acts like a dictator and doesn't care about human rights (same question with China last year).

CWJ
22nd October 2017, 11:10
Wow, I'm super disappointed. I was one of Rally Turkey's biggest defenders, but a recent article on WRC.com just stated that after a Friday ceremonial start only 13 stages would be run on days two and day three.

Its FIA Balkan Trophy and national champ by this year 200km stages and 600km total. They will have a WRC event next year, that doesnt mean they have to have all ready now. But plans and planned stages are wonderful, you might even get a jeep safari or boat trip to the spectator points near the beaches. We are here since 4 days and feel very welcome and safe :)

AnttiL
22nd October 2017, 13:29
exactly. WRC rallies have a minimum length of 300 kms, but rallies of national level or other international series are rarely that long.

CWJ
22nd October 2017, 14:53
http://www.marmarisrallyturkey.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Orhan-Avcio%C4%9Flu-1024x683.jpg

More to come
http://www.marmarisrallyturkey.com/en/medya/galeri/

steve.mandzij
22nd October 2017, 15:37
Its FIA Balkan Trophy and national champ by this year 200km stages and 600km total. They will have a WRC event next year, that doesnt mean they have to have all ready now. But plans and planned stages are wonderful, you might even get a jeep safari or boat trip to the spectator points near the beaches. We are here since 4 days and feel very welcome and safe :)Oh, I must have misinterpreted the wording in the article. I thought it referred to next year's event's structure.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mirek
23rd October 2017, 12:38

A Turkish military unit only attempted to kill Erdogan directly in Marmaris one year a go (a friend of mine was there shortly after the attempted coup and there were still bullets in the some hotel walls and windows at that time) but let's say this thread from own military is probably already nothing more than past.

hype
11th June 2018, 20:35
Hey guys, any new info on Rally Turkey 2018?
Very quiet here :D

N.O.T
11th June 2018, 21:05
Hey guys, any new info on Rally Turkey 2018?
Very quiet here :D

its too far away still.

AnttiL
11th June 2018, 21:06
Route maps https://www.rally-maps.com/Rally-Turkey-2018

rallyfiend
11th June 2018, 21:22
Rally Guide 1 has been published: http://www.rallyturkey.com/competitors/

GigiGalliNo1
13th June 2018, 07:38
Rally Turkey has only signed a one year deal.

2019 will consist of Chile and Argentina after one another in the calendar.

Eli
13th June 2018, 07:47

Source?

Tarmop
13th June 2018, 08:52
The same which told him that Sordo will compete in Sardinia probably.

Franky
13th June 2018, 08:57

I was told it's a 2+1 deal.

N.O.T
13th June 2018, 09:13

you need help... it was funny the first 100 times, now you just look like an idiot.

Franky
13th June 2018, 09:32
you need help... it was funny the first 100 times, now you just look like an idiot.

Sometimes it feels like you're writing about yourself

bomber21
13th June 2018, 10:44
Any instructions how to visit Rally Turkey? It is the closest WRC rally to my country and I would like to visit. Any turkish members could help about hotels, transport etc?

rallyfiend
13th June 2018, 10:46

You're making that up.

At the press conference held a couple of weeks ago with the minister of sport, they talked a 3-year deal.

AnttiL
18th June 2018, 07:38
The 2017 power stage will be the power stage this year as well. Acceleration on tarmac, quite twisty and rough road and then faster and flowing at the end https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9TD1Z3Aeuo

Not many onboards available from 2017 but this will be run in reverse this year as İçmeler https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGGWlY286FU seems like a lot smoother road, kind of like in Rally Mexico.

GigiGalliNo1
20th June 2018, 15:27
You're making that up.

At the press conference held a couple of weeks ago with the minister of sport, they talked a 3-year deal.

OK.

Thanks NOT.

bomber21
19th July 2018, 13:44
Any instructions how to visit Rally Turkey? It is the closest WRC rally to my country and I would like to visit. Any turkish members could help about hotels, transport etc?
Any help?

Franky
19th July 2018, 14:39
Any help?

Book flights, book a car, book a place to stay, study the available info for spectators.

Without any details from your side, no one can recommend you anything besides the obvious. Hence my first sentence.

bomber21
19th July 2018, 16:54
Book flights, book a car, book a place to stay, study the available info for spectators.

Without any details from your side, no one can recommend you anything besides the obvious. Hence my first sentence.

I will find a way to be there on time. I would like to know in which area I should book a room in order to be close to some SS and SSS in the city. Any busses from the organization for spectators? This is the info I am looking for.

Franky
19th July 2018, 17:20
Here's a map - https://www.rally-maps.com/Rally-Turkey-2018

Rally Turkey's page for spectator info and also answers your question about shuttles - http://www.rallyturkey.com/spectator-zones/

AnttiL
19th July 2018, 17:34
I think the city and holiday resort of Marmaris is the centre of the rally. The power stage is quite near and all stages relatively near.

janvanvurpa
19th July 2018, 20:20

We don't know where you are starting from, so difficult to give you directions. Where are you exactly?

bomber21
20th July 2018, 06:41
We don't know where you are starting from, so difficult to give you directions. Where are you exactly?

I live in Greece and I am planning to be there during that weekend. So I need to be close to the weekend stages.

rallyfiend
20th July 2018, 09:56
Anywhere in Marmaris or Icmeler would be fine to stay at.

bomber21
20th July 2018, 11:23
Anywhere in Marmaris or Icmeler would be fine to stay at.
Thank you!

jbmarcus21
19th August 2018, 14:38
Google Earth Map Turkey Rally is online ► http://bit.ly/2GnE2BV

AnttiL
19th August 2018, 18:20
So far we know that both Kopecky and Tidemand will drive this rally. I was also expecting Skoda to send Nordgren here, since he has done Cyprus and Acropolis this year...

AnttiL
21st August 2018, 06:41
https://itgetsfasternow.wordpress.com/2018/08/21/route-preview-rally-turkey-2018/

Route preview. I dug up the maps of the 2016 and 2017 rallies and watched their onboards. Seems like the slowest rally of the season, although parts of the roads seem wide, smooth and fast. The condition of the road is still a mystery, as it can change yearly.

N.O.T
21st August 2018, 07:39
looks like sweeping is going to be a big issue here...

mknight
21st August 2018, 09:39
I didn't watch all vids, but from what I have seen it's often slow but relatively wide roads.
IMO good to have a slow rally in the calender again, just hope the roads are not too rough.

AnttiL
21st August 2018, 10:25
I didn't watch all vids, but from what I have seen it's often slow but relatively wide roads.
IMO good to have a slow rally in the calender again, just hope the roads are not too rough.

I would say there are all combinations of technical and fast-flowing, wide and narrow, rough and smooth. And the actual surface of the roads is yet unknown, because it could be now different than on the videos from 2016 and 2017.

Definitely a big road sweeping ahead, no chance for Neuville to win here.

Andre Oliveira
22nd August 2018, 16:44
Entry list: https://www.ewrc-results.com/entries/44264-rally-turkey-marmaris-2018/

AnttiL
22nd August 2018, 17:27
No surprises. Except for Henning with R5

Fast Eddie WRC
22nd August 2018, 18:00
Ingram entry confirmed in WRC2 for Rally Turkey. :)

Fast Eddie WRC
22nd August 2018, 18:02
Chris Ingram has his first WRC2 entry in the Toksport Fabia R5. Great work getting the funding for this as well as his ERC events.

pantealex
22nd August 2018, 18:16
No surprises. Except for Henning with R5

What!

I see about 20 names which I was not expecting

Did you really know about Yazeed ? and all those WRC2 entries ?

AnttiL
22nd August 2018, 18:21
What!

I see about 20 names which I was not expecting

Did you really know about Yazeed ? and all those WRC2 entries ?

I didn’t mean surprising on a level of knowing who would enter this rally, surprising on a level of who would enter a rally this year ;)

But you know this stuff better than I :)

Jarek Z
22nd August 2018, 19:11
Ingram entry confirmed in WRC2 for Rally Turkey. :)

Kajto too ;)

Mirek
22nd August 2018, 20:21
Why is that an ERC news?

pantealex
23rd August 2018, 07:48
Entry list: https://www.ewrc-results.com/entries/44264-rally-turkey-marmaris-2018/

also national cars
http://www.rallyturkey.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Entry-List-_-National-Cars.pdf
S2000, R2 + very interesting oldies

jbmarcus21
27th August 2018, 17:14
M-Sport debuts today testing for Turkey in Greece road ► http://bit.ly/2NqK2N7

mknight
27th August 2018, 21:24
Old aero. Sure if turkey is the slowest rally it wont matter much.

Andre Oliveira
27th August 2018, 22:03
Not Ogier testing ;)

pantealex
28th August 2018, 09:59
They also did use new aero and tried even newer one.

JUF
28th August 2018, 10:27
I still think that it´s wrong to let a WRC round take place in Turkey, but I'm still looking forward to the rally.

Fast Eddie WRC
28th August 2018, 12:11
They also did use new aero and tried even newer one.

With Ford Performance on board M-Sport should have the parts for testing and all three cars by now. Progress is needed NOW to compete with Toyota.

ESTR
28th August 2018, 12:23
With Ford Performance on board M-Sport should have the parts for testing and all three cars by now. Progress is needed NOW to compete with Toyota.

That's why Tanak leave because everything circles around frenchie. He is practically only one out there..

rallyfiend
28th August 2018, 13:47

I thought they remained unsure as to whether the new aero was of benefit?

Why do you think it's not deliberate to run two different versions? Ogier is stuck with it now that he's used it on a chassis.....

Tarmop
28th August 2018, 14:26
I believe so also. They said, that all the cars will have it in Germany, but after a bad rally in Finland it seemed like they still need testing and don`t want to ruin 2 other chassis`s.

racerx1979
28th August 2018, 17:37
I still think that it´s wrong to let a WRC round take place in Turkey, but I'm still looking forward to the rally.

Why do you feel it's wrong besides issues with Turkey's economy etc. No different than having a rally in the US. I speak as someone who grew up in the states...

Fast Eddie WRC
28th August 2018, 20:53
He is practically only one out there..

Evans has had a two-day test, the same as Ogier will have.

SubaruNorway
28th August 2018, 22:21
Why do you feel it's wrong besides issues with Turkey's economy etc. No different than having a rally in the US. I speak as someone who grew up in the states...

The state coup in 2016 i guess. I know Marmaris is far away but if you step on a landmine or got hurt in some way within 10km of the Syrian border your travel insurance won't count. For us coming from pretty peaceful countries It feels a bit strange going there.

skarderud
29th August 2018, 05:59
Why do you feel it's wrong besides issues with Turkey's economy etc. No different than having a rally in the US. I speak as someone who grew up in the states...Also because of the political situation in turkey, it's a land that put everyone they feel is against the dictator into jail without a trail or judgment.
I'm really don't understand people that travel to turkey to vacation either, nor by an Apartment there. But money counts......

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

JUF
29th August 2018, 08:17
Also because of the political situation in turkey, it's a land that put everyone they feel is against the dictator into jail without a trail or judgment.
I'm really don't understand people that travel to turkey to vacation either, nor by an Apartment there. But money counts......

That's my point. I don't believe that it´s really a security risk, but I think you shouldn't "support" undemocratic countries like this (same for China 2016). It has nothing to do with the country itself or the people (my girlfriend even has Turkish roots), it´s only the political situation with Erdogan (imprisonment of journalists, opposition members etc.).

N.O.T
29th August 2018, 13:56
That's my point. I don't believe that it´s really a security risk, but I think you shouldn't "support" undemocratic countries like this (same for China 2016). It has nothing to do with the country itself or the people (my girlfriend even has Turkish roots), it´s only the political situation with Erdogan (imprisonment of journalists, opposition members etc.).

well someone votes for erdogan you know...

so spare us the bullshit " i have nothing against the people only with the situation"...

grow a pair and accept the truth.

JUF
29th August 2018, 14:31
well someone votes for erdogan you know...

so spare us the bullshit " i have nothing against the people only with the situation"...

grow a pair and accept the truth.

Well, there are reasons why people vote(d) for him, although it might be difficult for someone from a democratic European country to understand that. No apologize, but an explanation. What I want to say is that I don't reproach anyone from Turkey who voted for him. So yes, I do not have anything against the people themselves.

But now let's move on and discuss about the rally, not the political situation in Turkey.

cali
29th August 2018, 15:30
This current so called democracy is too overrated. So I tend to agree with N. O. T. No more OT from me.
Let's see how Turkey handles the WRC then we can judge and throw politics aside.

GigiGalliNo1
30th August 2018, 07:21
Which stage is 10kms from the Syrian border? None...

We have nothing to worry about.

N.O.T
30th August 2018, 11:13
Which stage is 10kms from the Syrian border? None...

We have nothing to worry about.

go shill somewhere else..

you are the laughing stock of the wrc.

racerx1979
31st August 2018, 00:17
I will be in Turkey. I've traveled to over 100 countries some of which are pretty sh!tty. Turkey is pretty mundane if you ask me.
I will report back, but I will be Gazoo VIP, so it would be a privileged first world view of the rally, but I'll try my best to see it through the lens of a regular spectator while sipping champagne at the stages lol.

bomber21
31st August 2018, 07:11
I will also finally be there! Expect some live reporting! :D

pantealex
31st August 2018, 08:29
Beware, internet access is probably not free in Turkey, could cost you some money...

dnb
31st August 2018, 13:07
Beware, internet access is probably not free in Turkey, could cost you some money...

and the internet is free in...?

Tarmop
31st August 2018, 14:12
Where there`s normal free-wifi coverage...

AnttiL
31st August 2018, 15:29
At least my operator allows (limited) free roaming in EU/ETA countries

spiderem
31st August 2018, 16:52
At least my operator allows (limited) free roaming in EU/ETA countries

yup i was there in June, and within my french mobile plan i could roam unlimited, FYI for those lucky ones travelling to see the rally.

Oliverk
31st August 2018, 16:52
and the internet is free in...?

All EU countries should have limited free roaming now. At least that was Eu-s plan some time ago.

KKS
31st August 2018, 20:17
With current situation in Turkey this will be "1 rally comeback" for they. I expect no Rally Turkey for 2019

JUF
31st August 2018, 20:40
All EU countries should have limited free roaming now. At least that was Eu-s plan some time ago.

"Roaming like at home" is reality in the EU since June 2017. Norway and Switzerland are mostly included as well, Turkey normally not. But a prepaid SIM card in Turkey should be rather cheap (something like 7€ for 4 GB).

KKS
1st September 2018, 22:10
Need WRC event here in Ukraine, we have unlimited 3G/4G prepaid just for 5€ ))

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd September 2018, 13:51
Toyota will be forced to revert to its old-specification #WRC engine for Rally Turkey later this month...

https://t.co/w99sOqYGm2

pantealex
3rd September 2018, 14:36
Pairing is same for every team, so all are using Sardinia spec cars.
-old aero for Ogier
-Citroen without some of those Rally Finland parts.

mknight
3rd September 2018, 16:15
Tommi: "I don't know where this rule is coming from, it's very, very complicated regulation which is not really helping anybody."

This rules obviously comes from the desire to keep costs down, so that the components last longer and to keep team from homologating super-tuned parts for each rally (this is obviously also regulated by number of jokers).

Call me Toyota hater but this is Tommi talking from the position of having too much money. Similar to Toyota saying earlier that there was no need to limit the amount of testing.

Raini
3rd September 2018, 22:09
Need WRC event here in Ukraine, we have unlimited 3G/4G prepaid just for 5€ ))

Ukraine WRC sounds good anyway regardless what Gs You have. Question is what region have the best (maybe unique) roads?

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd September 2018, 22:45
Pairing is same for every team, so all are using Sardinia spec cars.
-old aero for Ogier
-Citroen without some of those Rally Finland parts.

I know but the Toyota engine Joker has been the most significant looking at their speed on the previous events.

Not to mention the engine cooling issue which was also addressed... and Turkey will be hot.

mknight
3rd September 2018, 23:00
Not to mention the engine cooling issue which was also addressed... and Turkey will be hot.

They also said it was addressed before this years Mexico.

Tarmop
4th September 2018, 11:20
Cooling issues were mostly causing concerns in the altitudes. There`s a big difference, wether it is just hot, or wether it is hot high above.

And with that old engine Toyota climbed from P9 to P1 in just a few stages, taking a comfortable lead by the end of day 1 in Argentina.

Fast Eddie WRC
4th September 2018, 14:03
Let's hope the Toyota is strong enough in Turkey, especially if Tanak drives it over big rocks like in Sardinia..

AnttiL
4th September 2018, 14:08
Tanak drives it over big rocks like in Sardinia..

That was Portugal.

GigiGalliNo1
4th September 2018, 16:18
Ukraine WRC sounds good anyway regardless what Gs You have. Question is what region have the best (maybe unique) roads?

Russia. Simple.

EstWRC
4th September 2018, 16:42
Please go away from this forum.

what a stupid answer again

bomber21
4th September 2018, 18:02
Does anyone know if the 100 euro VIP pass worth it? Or any of the other stage passes?

racerx1979
6th September 2018, 00:06
Does anyone know if the 100 euro VIP pass worth it? Or any of the other stage passes?

At $100 the value seems good, but nobody knows since this is the first time the rally is being hosted in Marmaris. The Daca boat stage seems to be a cool idea if it pans out well. They also say free alcohol for VIP members. Not sure what this means. The description is a little vague, but when you compare to Finland where the VIP packages are well over $100 just for one stage, the Turkey deal seems great.

Fast Eddie WRC
6th September 2018, 16:25
That was Portugal.

Ah yes, Sardinia was where just a heavy landing damaged the cooling.

KKS
6th September 2018, 18:27
Historically the best rally road located at west in Karpaty mountains. Most of national rally events located there. Before well-known situation, we have a rally to be candidate-rally for WRC in plans - Aleksandrov rally (https://www.ewrc-results.com/results/7948-aleksandrov-rally-2013/) . Only now championship start to grow again, and hopefully in some years we will have another candidate event for ERC/WRC

JUF
7th September 2018, 15:04
I also liked Yalta Rally back in the IRC days. But unfortunately Russia had to annex Crimea... :(

waltran
10th September 2018, 08:28
I have never spectated a rally event before. I really wanted to go in Poland back in 2016 but i was scared, didn't know what to do, then again a few times in local rallies in Turkey but now WRC is in Turkey since i am Turkish and in Turkey i already bought plane tickets and accomodation for Marmaris but i don't own a car, so i still don't know how am i supposed to go rally stages. They are really far away from each other. Can someone with the experience give tips? How do you go to rally stages, rent a car? I don't really know how to drive a car either...

Simmi
10th September 2018, 08:53
I have never spectated a rally event before. I really wanted to go in Poland back in 2016 but i was scared, didn't know what to do, then again a few times in local rallies in Turkey but now WRC is in Turkey since i am Turkish and in Turkey i already bought plane tickets and accomodation for Marmaris but i don't own a car, so i still don't know how am i supposed to go rally stages. They are really far away from each other. Can someone with the experience give tips? How do you go to rally stages, rent a car? I don't really know how to drive a car either...

I've never tried it before but I think some rallies do have a shuttle bus service out to stages from service. I had a quick look on the website but couldn't see anything sadly. But worth double checking. If you have a driving license and you've already paid to head over then I think you're going to need to rent a car. Just look at the maps on the website, pick a stage and then find where that is on an actual map. I drop a pin on my phone which can get you exactly where you need to be, versus a postcode on a satnav. Some events are well signposted, for others it's not existent. Don't know how busy it will be in Turkey but aim to get there 90mins early possibly.

I can't think of any other sport that is as hard or demands as much of its spectators than rallying. But it's worth it.

AnttiL
10th September 2018, 09:00
In addition to a car, motorbike or in some cases bicycle could also work, or be even better. Be prepared to also walk a relatively long distance from the parking place to the spot where you spectate the rally. And some of that walking might be outside a proper road, so have good shoes with you. And also pack some food and drink to go, because there might not be anything available at the particular place.

bluuford
10th September 2018, 19:06

Actually, here you can see several stages very close to icmeler, there is very good and cheap taxi connection between Icmeler and Marmaris, or you can even walk.
So, minimum programme is that there is city stage in Marmaris, Powerstage (14_17), Shakedown, Service and SS10_13 are all biking or even hiking distance from Marmaris. For other stages (SS2, 5, 16), you can use small taxis that travel between towns (Gökce town) and again, you can actually walk to the stages with some effort. But be aware of very hot weather, everybody, take a lot of drink, +35 is note a joke.

racerx1979
10th September 2018, 19:15
Actually, here you can see several stages very close to icmeler, there is very good and cheap taxi connection between Icmeler and Marmaris, or you can even walk.
So, minimum programme is that there is city stage in Marmaris, Powerstage (14_17), Shakedown, Service and SS10_13 are all biking or even hiking distance from Marmaris. For other stages (SS2, 5, 16), you can use small taxis that travel between towns (Gökce town) and again, you can actually walk to the stages with some effort. But be aware of very hot weather, everybody, take a lot of drink, +35 is note a joke.

It's almost 8km to service from Marmaris. I'm here now and it was hot today, but only for 2-4 hour window. The evenings are pleasant.

The area is full of British and a mix of Germans, Lebanese and Ukrainians. Every restaurant serves English and Scottish breakfast. It's a complete tourist trap. We walked into a restaurant while a couple was leaving and they said it was the best meal they've had. I looked at my wife, laughed and then told her 5 star food in most parts of Britannia is about 2.2 in the rest of the world besides America where it's probably a 2.5. I've lived on both countries FYI.

I would never come here to vacation, but I sure hope the rally is fun. I have no clue how they are going to organize the city stage. It was crowded as f@ck when we arrived and very very tight. I think the viewing for non VIP spectators will be pure crap. Besides horrible western food and crowded streets with fat drunken tourists, it should be fun.

Oh and we got some showers in the evening yesterday for a good 30-40 mins even though the weather gods said it was completely sunny with zero change of rain...

Bluuford you must be miserable eating here. Estonia has some amazing cuisine..

EstWRC
10th September 2018, 19:18
so, finally a rallying week, FINALLY!

if anyone else besides the championship TOP3 this season wants to win, then this is their only chance IMO. Reading AnttiL's blog and watching the videos from last year, it seems the first guys will suffer like hell. But in the same time big rocks will be carried onto the road for the back starters.

Quite imposible to predict the outcome this time.

racerx1979
10th September 2018, 19:29
I spoke to a few guys who did the rally in 2017 and there are a few water splashes which have been swept, but the first 3-4 cars will drag rocks into those splashes which can cause serious problems for the guys later in the road. A lot of unknowns which makes this a very interesting event.

AnttiL
10th September 2018, 19:31
I think Mikkelsen and Paddon could be strong here. It could also be a chance for Evans to showcase his speed with some road position advantage. The Toyotas are a bit of an enigma. Tänak has been unbeatable on gravel this year and Latvala has experience from Turkey, but will the car stand the roughness? Lappi and Suninen could also struggle with their little experience from this type of rallies. Neuville and Ogier will lose a lot of time on the first day. This rally could also give good points to someone who takes it easy but just makes it through safely without punctures or other encounters with bigger rocks.

mknight
10th September 2018, 20:08
We walked into a restaurant while a couple was leaving and they said it was the best meal they've had. I looked at my wife, laughed and then told her 5 star food in most parts of Britannia is about 2.2 in the rest of the world besides America where it's probably a 2.5. I've lived on both countries FYI.

Quoted for truth. That said some of the best formal event/conference meals I had were in the UK, but thats a different category than walk-in restaurants. (not necessarilly better though).

racerx1979
10th September 2018, 22:28
I think Mikkelsen and Paddon could be strong here. It could also be a chance for Evans to showcase his speed with some road position advantage. The Toyotas are a bit of an enigma. Tänak has been unbeatable on gravel this year and Latvala has experience from Turkey, but will the car stand the roughness? Lappi and Suninen could also struggle with their little experience from this type of rallies. Neuville and Ogier will lose a lot of time on the first day. This rally could also give good points to someone who takes it easy but just makes it through safely without punctures or other encounters with bigger rocks.

Everyone is confused about Toyota's expectations for this event. How will the engines hold up? We all know they've suffered from front lower impact in the past. Have these issues been taken care of?

We could see a big surprise in this event. It will be slow and technical.

EstWRC
11th September 2018, 08:36
Martin Holmes preview https://rallysportmag.com/wrc-preview-rally-turkey/

Jarek Z
11th September 2018, 08:38
How do you like the new team Burcu Çetinkaya and Inessa Tushkanova in Fiesta R5 from Ford Motorsport Turkey?

http://www.autoklub.pl/media/201809/125724-burcu.jpg

bomber21
11th September 2018, 09:24
I will be on:

SSS
Cicekli 1
Ula 2
Datca 1
Icmeler 2
PS

Can’t wait! I have not watched a WRC event from close since Rallye Deutschland 2017!

T16
11th September 2018, 10:33
I looked at my wife, laughed and then told her 5 star food in most parts of Britannia is about 2.2 in the rest of the world besides America where it's probably a 2.5. I've lived on both countries FYI.

What utter crap.

N.O.T
11th September 2018, 10:54
I looked at my wife, laughed and then told her 5 star food in most parts of Britannia is about 2.2 in the rest of the world besides America where it's probably a 2.5. I've lived on both countries FYI.

What utter crap.

its the same with many things in the UK.

T16
11th September 2018, 12:41
its the same with many things in the UK.

where would you prefer to live and why not live there? (I am assuming you're not held captive here and you choose to live here).

bluuford
11th September 2018, 15:35
It's almost 8km to service from Marmaris. I'm here now and it was hot today, but only for 2-4 hour window. The evenings are pleasant.

The area is full of British and a mix of Germans, Lebanese and Ukrainians. Every restaurant serves English and Scottish breakfast. It's a complete tourist trap. We walked into a restaurant while a couple was leaving and they said it was the best meal they've had. I looked at my wife, laughed and then told her 5 star food in most parts of Britannia is about 2.2 in the rest of the world besides America where it's probably a 2.5. I've lived on both countries FYI.

I would never come here to vacation, but I sure hope the rally is fun. I have no clue how they are going to organize the city stage. It was crowded as f@ck when we arrived and very very tight. I think the viewing for non VIP spectators will be pure crap. Besides horrible western food and crowded streets with fat drunken tourists, it should be fun.

Oh and we got some showers in the evening yesterday for a good 30-40 mins even though the weather gods said it was completely sunny with zero change of rain...

Bluuford you must be miserable eating here. Estonia has some amazing cuisine..

No worries, we are in Icmeler, more quiet place and hotel has some OK food as well. And we get food 3 times /day in service ;)
There are no wtaresplashes on stages, it has not rained on the stages for a month, nearby, yes. Some roads are really good, some look good but I assume that slow sections cut-up like hell as they are soft like pancake. SS2 is a proper-proper challange. There is everything... apart from watersplashes :P

I would say that tyres are key factor here ;)

Antonis9
11th September 2018, 16:21
I will be on:

SSS
Cicekli 1
Ula 2
Datca 1
Icmeler 2
PS

Can’t wait! I have not watched a WRC event from close since Rallye Deutschland 2017!

I guess you will go with travel sports . We will travel together !! Right????

bomber21
11th September 2018, 17:38
Right!!
See you in the airport at 07.00!

:)

mknight
11th September 2018, 17:45
Really need to get out more in the UK. We have world class cuisine all over the country most of which isn't produced by imported talent. True there is a certain percentage of our population as in other countries that are prepared to eat shite however please don't tar us all with the same brush..

Don't get me wrong it is easily possible to get very good food in almost every mid-sized town in the UK. It's just that lot of the food considered "good" ( meaning decent), does not qualify s such in other countries.
This is most visible in reviews of restaurants outside of UK written by britisk ppl.

AnttiL
11th September 2018, 17:48
Food critics, move over to the bar please, there is a rally about to start

racerx1979
11th September 2018, 18:23
No worries, we are in Icmeler, more quiet place and hotel has some OK food as well. And we get food 3 times /day in service ;)
There are no wtaresplashes on stages, it has not rained on the stages for a month, nearby, yes. Some roads are really good, some look good but I assume that slow sections cut-up like hell as they are soft like pancake. SS2 is a proper-proper challange. There is everything... apart from watersplashes :P

I would say that tyres are key factor here ;)

Actually Toyota team told me today tires are the easiest as far as choice goes, but tire maintenance will be key. Everyone will be on hard compounds ;):D

Yes the water splashes are completely dry and have been swept. What I meant was due to the fact that the water splashes areas are paved and lower they will collect rocks and stones naturally.

N.O.T
11th September 2018, 18:44
where would you prefer to live and why not live there? (I am assuming you're not held captive here and you choose to live here).

I do not live in the UK anymore, spend more than 10 years there... i cannot say why i do not want to live there because i am going to be banned.

I would like to live in Alaska if i had the choice or Mississippi. From European places Poland or Czech Republic.

T16
11th September 2018, 19:18
I do not live in the UK anymore, spend more than 10 years there... i cannot say why i do not want to live there because i am going to be banned.

I would like to live in Alaska if i had the choice or Mississippi. From European places Poland or Czech Republic.

Fair enough NOT. Sounds like you did something naughty.
Also sounds like you’re into frozen seal.

racerx1979
11th September 2018, 21:01
Don't blame you. Everyone in UK wants to leave... I've met several residing here in Turkey who are living the dream here. They're all shriveled up from overexposure by the sun after years of being under dosed with vitamin D.

Now let's move on to the rally and less of this utter crap. Pictures to follow!

bluuford
11th September 2018, 21:11
Actually Toyota team told me today tires are the easiest as far as choice goes, but tire maintenance will be key. Everyone will be on hard compounds ;):D

Yes, I tried to say it so that I do not say it out directly, but you came to the right conclusion ;)

racerx1979
11th September 2018, 21:23
Some pics from the service park. M-Sport cars were all covered and seemed to be ready to go. A lot of work going on in the Toyota and Hyundai areas. Hyundai's service area was completely sealed and they had air conditioning units installed in their service areas. Was by far the largest service area of all the teams. Toyota was fiddling with Tanak's restrictor for quite some time on his spare turbo which was interesting, but I was not able to get any pics of it.
Tempestini's C3 R5 set up was similar to that of a local team which was odd. Maybe they were not fully set-up.

Look at the length of those TGR dampers!

And some cool local rides too. The Mini WRC, an EVO 9 and a cool 2002.

http://i68.tinypic.com/28sror5.jpg
http://i66.tinypic.com/s1tfo8.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/2q8dquh.jpg
http://i68.tinypic.com/2diel2p.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/16bmwsx.jpg
http://i63.tinypic.com/qojg5y.jpg
http://i64.tinypic.com/34nsl5y.jpg

KKS
11th September 2018, 21:40
How do you like the new team Burcu Çetinkaya and Inessa Tushkanova in Fiesta R5 from Ford Motorsport Turkey?

http://www.autoklub.pl/media/201809/125724-burcu.jpg

Inessa is "perfect luck" co-driver :) just look it
https://www.ewrc-results.com/coprofile/30905-inessa-tushkanova/
)))

aykutbilir
12th September 2018, 12:50
Inessa is "perfect luck" co-driver :) just look it
https://www.ewrc-results.com/coprofile/30905-inessa-tushkanova/
)))

Just unnecessary entry really.

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone araclyla gönderildi

AnttiL
12th September 2018, 13:03
Looking at the pictures on twitter, it will be very rough. I hear especially SS2 is super rocky. According to Kristian Sohlberg, some of the roads have been repaired but so late that the new gravel is just very loose and not blended into the base of the road like it should be.

Here's a bit from the power stage https://twitter.com/RallyingUK/status/1039849028807274496

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dmzs9GMUYAErXHo.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm05Zr_XsAU8jmE.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm4PF7iXgAAeMgM.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm4PF7jW0AA7vFU.jpg

EDIT: one more pic

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm4zL_rW0AADrG-.jpg

Jarek Z
12th September 2018, 15:02
Jesus, who needs another car-killer event?

racerx1979
12th September 2018, 15:04
I noticed the Turkish R2 guys have ride height set a lot higher than everyone else in JWRC. I'm sure theyve destroyed their cars one too many times in the past.

AnttiL
12th September 2018, 15:06
Jesus, who needs another car-killer event?

Isn’t everyone longing after Safari all the time, a proper long Safari ;)

er88
12th September 2018, 15:12
Jesus, who needs another car-killer event?Another??

We don't really have one currently. Gone are the days of Greece, Cyprus and Safari. Arguably we need one, but I don't envisage Turkey as being as rough.

Jarek Z
12th September 2018, 16:06
Another??

We don't really have one currently. Gone are the days of Greece, Cyprus and Safari.

Yes, another. I mean rallying in general, not only WRC. Greece and Cyprus are not gone. They are still destroying cars in ERC. Have a look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI0G5iqgLKk

er88
12th September 2018, 16:42
Yes, another. I mean rallying in general, not only WRC. Greece and Cyprus are not gone. They are still destroying cars in ERC. Have a look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI0G5iqgLKkRallying isn't just about driving on smooth gravel roads. There's a skill to being able to survive these tough events. McRae used to excel at it despite his crash prone ways in other events.

Some of these current drivers might have a thing or two to learn. Rallying should always be diverse. We have one pure snow event on the calendar, so why not one very tough car breaker as well? Mixed in with slower and faster tarmac/ gravel events. It's what rallying is all about, diversity. The world championship still needs that.

dimviii
12th September 2018, 17:25
not new aero for Ogier?
https://twitter.com/yukarin1017/status/1039780595369431040

Hennings car
https://twitter.com/rallyplus/status/1039875838206992384

EstWRC
12th September 2018, 17:45
yes Ogier with old aero and Toyotas with old engine

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm6HKXSW0AAP5e0.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm6HKXSXcAEbVJL.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm6HKXgX0AcatBQ.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm6HKXUW4AAMmJg.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm6E9VgX0AEt5Fr.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm6E-pGWwAEXalD.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm6E_lrXsAAdg5Q.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm6FAh5XoAA-Xz_.jpg

AnttiL
12th September 2018, 17:52
The cars are linked between Turkey and Sardegna, thus the upgrades introduced in the summer (Ford aero, Toyota engine etc) cannot be used.

tommeke_B
12th September 2018, 17:59
Maybe I've missed something, but for me it doesn't look that extremely rough. At least not more rough than Portugal-Algarve, or Sardinia (mainly the stages closer to Olbia)...

atsiotras79
12th September 2018, 18:19
Seeing at the photos, the roads look almost the same as the ones Ford tested in Greece!

Let’s see if it pays up...

EstWRC
12th September 2018, 18:37
NEU: "I will have hard time being first on the road again"
OGI, TAN: "Not again this story..."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm5--H-WwAE_MYb.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
12th September 2018, 18:51
Gus Greensmith

After Rally Turkey recce:
“I’ve never seen anywhere as rough as here. Strategy will play a big part of determining your outcome this weekend. It’ll certainly be a big challenge”.
https://t.co/jYpVCSn1NB

rallyfiend
12th September 2018, 19:10
Gus Greensmith

After Rally Turkey recce:
“I’ve never seen anywhere as rough as here. Strategy will play a big part of determining your outcome this weekend. It’ll certainly be a big challenge”.
https://t.co/jYpVCSn1NB

Good. About time.

The WRC shouldn't always be about outright speed.

With completely new notes for everyone, plus some need to use the brain rather than the balls, this could be a really interesting event. And it's happening at precisely the perfect moment in the championship year....

racerx1979
12th September 2018, 19:14
Does anyone know why Cicekly SS4 and SS7 do not show up in the program? Are we even allowed to spectate this stage?

racerx1979
12th September 2018, 19:18
I will be on:

SSS
Cicekli 1
Ula 2
Datca 1
Icmeler 2
PS

@bomber how did you get info for Cicekli 1? I was unable to find info in the official program. Thanks!

Rallyper
12th September 2018, 19:28
Rallying isn't just about driving on smooth gravel roads. There's a skill to being able to survive these tough events. McRae used to excel at it despite his crash prone ways in other events.

Some of these current drivers might have a thing or two to learn. Rallying should always be diverse. We have one pure snow event on the calendar, so why not one very tough car breaker as well? Mixed in with slower and faster tarmac/ gravel events. It's what rallying is all about, diversity. The world championship still needs that.

Surviving competitions are hold in soap operas. You know, like Robinson Island or something.

Proper rallys are hold on proper stages, not on surfaces killing rallycars.

Simmi
12th September 2018, 19:36
Nah I'm looking forward to a proper rough gravel event. Throttle pedal works both ways.

bluuford
12th September 2018, 19:41
I would say that I have seen much worse roads, some sections are bad, some are good, some very good, variability is huge.

waltran
12th September 2018, 19:46
i still have no ways of travelling between stages :( does anyone knows will there be services, tours or something? or have an extra space :D
looks it will be very rough rally. i really want to see what local wrc2 drivers fight against jan kopecky

edit: there seems to be there is a lot of local minibusses they might be very useful

racerx1979
12th September 2018, 19:56
Get to the rally headquarters and buy a program. Some stages offer shuttles.

er88
12th September 2018, 19:58
Surviving competitions are hold in soap operas. You know, like Robinson Island or something.

Proper rallys are hold on proper stages, not on surfaces killing rallycars.The driver who wrecked his Skoda in that ERC vid posted above, could've just slowed down. You always drive to the conditions of the road. He was too fast for the conditions it seemed.

I find it hilarious, the first mildly rough event in the WRC for years and people are complaining. Would you really rather have identikit events run on smooth gravel?

The pictures from Turkey don't even look that bad anyway. If the drivers have half a brain they'll slow down and protect the cars in the really rough sections, and push on the smoother sections

MartijnS
12th September 2018, 20:01
i still have no ways of travelling between stages :( does anyone knows will there be services, tours or something? or have an extra space :D
looks it will be very rough rally. i really want to see what local wrc2 drivers fight against jan kopecky

Why not rent a car?

Jarek Z
12th September 2018, 20:23
why not one very tough car breaker as well?

Because it makes an already too expensive sport even more expensive. Do you think that it is normal when there are only 30-40 crews on the start line of a WRC event?

waltran
12th September 2018, 21:00
don't know how to drive properly :D but i think it'll be ok. i'll see when i get there

mknight
12th September 2018, 21:19
Rallying isn't just about driving on smooth gravel roads. There's a skill to being able to survive these tough events. McRae used to excel at it despite his crash prone ways in other events.

On monte you can have ice while drivers mostly have wrong tires for the conditions so the skill is in driving sensibly.

Pretty much the same on rough gravel rallies. Managing the speed vs the conditions. That's an element that's mostly missing now.

KKS
12th September 2018, 21:58
The driver who wrecked his Skoda in that ERC vid posted above, could've just slowed down. You always drive to the conditions of the road. He was too fast for the conditions it seemed.

Or he just could get higher ride height
Or drove on Dakar-spec reid-truck
Or sit at service-park and watch a TV
Or play some game-shooter back at home
There are many choices, but no-one about classic rally what we should have. Want car-breaking event? - Go for reid or baja. A lot of swamps or dunes is guaranteed. But rally it's about who are faster, but no who has higher or better protected cars.

mknight
12th September 2018, 22:02
There are many choices, but no-one about classic rally what we should have. Want car-breaking event? - Go for reid or baja. A lot of swamps or dunes is guaranteed. But rally it's about who are faster, but no who has higher or better protected cars.

In Finland you can break the car on quite a lot of jumps if you go flat out over them => Ban Finland cause it's car-breaking event?

KKS
12th September 2018, 22:20
In Finland you can break the car on quite a lot of jumps if you go flat out over them => Ban Finland cause it's car-breaking event?
JML just went for a pee at smooth German road and break a car → ban German? or smooth roads? or JML?

Answer is simple - you must don't use raid roads for a rally.

Perfect road for WRC'17 spec car. Is't it?
http://www.volynpost.com/img/modules/news/f/e0/b3817c0bd5ec04c86b0f74fa162b1e0f/cb-6606441402631.jpg
Not Turkey, just Ukraine logging-road just for example.

mknight
12th September 2018, 22:24
JML just went for a pee at smooth German road and break a car → ban German? or smooth roads? or JML?

Make the car out of something else than (carbon) paper ;) This is not F1.

Fast Eddie WRC
12th September 2018, 22:32
Any rally is a potential car-breaker, thats why rally cars are specifically built to cope with extremes. Only If a rally had totally different roads on the same day would it be a problem.

But, just like here, they they dont.

All the stages on this rally are rough. So the cars and driver's have to be set-up and driven accordingly.

There are plenty of high-speed events and its good to have another tough, slower one.

N.O.T
12th September 2018, 22:43
there should be a forum just for brits... exchanging their basic thoughts to each other so they do not get confused...

speed has nothing to do with breaking the car on those stupid roads... in cyprus the average speed was 60kms and more than 2/3 of the entries retired.

Plus there are other classes in the event apart from the WRCs.

basic humans...

Jarek Z
12th September 2018, 22:55
Exactly, WRC cars are actually a minority, some 20% of the entry list or even less.

GravelBen
13th September 2018, 01:14
NEU: "I will have hard time being first on the road again"
OGI, TAN: "Not again this story..."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm5--H-WwAE_MYb.jpg

OGI: "That's meant to be my line, now I have to think of something else to complain about"

TAN: "Can't we stop talking and just drive already?"

EstWRC
13th September 2018, 07:07
shakedown underway guys...Neuville just started

times here like always https://www.ewrc-results.com/shake/44264-rally-turkey-marmaris-2018/

AnttiL
13th September 2018, 07:16
Tänak lost a lot of time

EstWRC
13th September 2018, 07:17
i suspect a spin or smth...and straight into the service he went

KKS
13th September 2018, 07:31
https://www.facebook.com/Rallye.Sport.fr/videos/239585373394174/ -shake live

EstWRC
13th September 2018, 07:36
Mads really liking the C3 on the gravel

KKS
13th September 2018, 07:43
clear road pays off ))

EstWRC
13th September 2018, 07:45
Ogier bettered his time nearly by 10 secs...thats a lot

EstWRC
13th September 2018, 07:46
Mikkelsen stopped on the stage

�� Matt Jelonek ��

@MattJelonek
1m1 minute ago
More
Mikkelsen stopped with Engine problem #WRC #RallyTurkey

Eric
13th September 2018, 08:09
Mikkelsen stopped on the stage

�� Matt Jelonek ��

@MattJelonek
1m1 minute ago
More
Mikkelsen stopped with Engine problem #WRC #RallyTurkey

WTF again??? Mikkelsens car is a joke.

EstWRC
13th September 2018, 08:21
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm9VT5UX0AA0HrO.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm9Vav1XgAAWpWi.jpg

mknight
13th September 2018, 08:31
Doesn't look like there is external damage. Could be anything from completely destroyed engine to a sensor giving wrong info. (in shakedown obviously one stops on first warning).

Probably first news of the start possibilities will come late in the afternoon after the car gets to service and inspected.

EstWRC
13th September 2018, 08:39
Neuville went bananas on the third run

mknight
13th September 2018, 09:37
Hyundai says Mikkelsen had "transmission problem".

Interesting since it's same car as in Sardinia.

EstWRC
13th September 2018, 09:52
Mikkelsen on his way to the stage now...Citroens, Paddon and Tänak have been waiting there like forever already...

and just as i wrote Tänak and Ostberg are coming down from the stage :confused:...weird...Paddon too

pantealex
13th September 2018, 10:29
Are these modern R2 and R5 really weaker cars than those 1980s/1990s cars. Acropolis was part of WRC, I can´t remember much complaining about roads conditions.

Turkey is good and if you don´t like it, you can skip it in WRC2/3, simple!

Fast Eddie WRC
13th September 2018, 10:30
Storm clouds gathering... huge thunder claps above the skies ⁦@rallyturkey⁩ https://t.co/C3ZVndkLZ9

AnttiL
13th September 2018, 10:31
Are these modern R2 and R5 really weaker cars than those 1980s/1990s cars. Acropolis was part of WRC, I can´t remember much complaining about roads conditions.

In 1990's they had service and tyre change between each stage, mousse tyres and they were allowed to three-wheel into service. With less suspension travel and tyres with less grip they probably drove slower even when going flat out. Now, basically the tyres and suspension allow faster driving on rough roads, but that can also lead into bigger damage when hitting a bigger rock than expected. Also these cars are probably more expensive to service and certain parts are regulated more than in the 1990s.

N.O.T
13th September 2018, 10:31
I can´t remember much complaining about roads conditions.

you have a very weak memory then... you should check it out...

Fast Eddie WRC
13th September 2018, 10:33
Mikkelsen's car fixed and returning to SD.

PLuto
13th September 2018, 10:34

Yes, they are waker. Comparing to 80s/90s cars, nowadays speed is more important than reliability...

T16
13th September 2018, 10:40
speed has nothing to do with breaking the car on those stupid roads...

Yet I reckon the Safari would be even rougher, but most would love to see that return. The championship rounds are too similar. It's a good thing that the drivers have to drive to the conditions a little more, makes it more interesting.

flykas
13th September 2018, 10:42

Yet I reckon the Safari would be even rougher, but most would love to see that return. The championship rounds are too similar. It's a good thing that the drivers have to drive to the conditions a little more, makes it more interesting.

Yes! This is one of the important aspects of rally for me.

AndyRAC
13th September 2018, 11:08

Modern WRC = sprint events and flat out speed....then when we get an event which is a bit different, things can happen.

T16
13th September 2018, 11:10
Modern WRC = sprint events and flat out speed....then when we get an event which is a bit different, things can happen.

That's my point... It's about time we had it mixed up a bit.

I was just wondering why N.O.T. was complaining about the roads and I maybe assumed, probably wrongly, that he would welcome the Safari back...

N.O.T
13th September 2018, 11:25
I would welcome a safari like rally back because its a totally different event and the cars are also modified to an extent...

but to have a modern rally format event with just rough roads is stupid... its just a matter of luck who retires and who wins when there are stones everywhere.

T16
13th September 2018, 11:32
I would welcome a safari like rally back because its a totally different event and the cars are also modified to an extent...

but to have a modern rally format event with just rough roads is stupid... its just a matter of luck who retires and who wins when there are stones everywhere.

NOT, you've been around to know this isn't going to come down to luck. I really don't think they are going to just go flat out at it. It will add an element of skill and endurance that we've been waiting a long time for. Yeah, I get the cars aren't modified, but the drivers will just have to deal with it.

Oliverk
13th September 2018, 11:41
NOT, you've been around to know this isn't going to come down to luck. I really don't think they are going to just go flat out at it. It will add an element of skill and endurance that we've been waiting a long time for. Yeah, I get the cars aren't modified, but the drivers will just have to deal with it.

If you have loose rocks on road, then it will always be a luck. Whatever speed you drive or careful are. And no one waits for endurance events. There are different series for that.

EstWRC
13th September 2018, 11:50
@SaariJarno
Following Following @SaariJarno
More
In #RallyTurkey you really need good luck to avoid punctures!
Marked tyre on left is from @TeemuSuninenRac after puncture on SD. Tyre on right is from @SebOgier's Fiesta with no puncture

https://twitter.com/SaariJarno/status/1040192347080937472

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm-BVtoX0AIxaB8.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm-BVtqX0AEiTP7.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm-B4O0W4AMf303.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm-B4xfW4AAX8a9.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm-B5WFXgAIksO1.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm-B56qW0AEki9N.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm96ygQXoAAT8WN.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
13th September 2018, 11:50
If you dont like Rally Turkey, tough. You can always go and find something else to do and let the rest of us enjoy it.

But it will be exciting and dramatic so I bet none of you will...

PLuto
13th September 2018, 11:55
I was in Turkey two times, on Bosphorus Rally near Istanbul. And I must say I liked the stages a lot. I dont think it was so rough like this ones...

EstWRC
13th September 2018, 11:59
shakedown vid with just the engine sound!, im not sure if it will play outside estonia

includes Tänak stalling on the first run and Mikkelsens problems https://sport.postimees.ee/6404417/postimehe-video-vaata-kuidas-tanak-turgis-auto-valja-suretas

AnttiL
13th September 2018, 12:07
I was in Turkey two times, on Bosphorus Rally near Istanbul. And I must say I liked the stages a lot. I dont think it was so rough like this ones...

That's the same area as the 2010 WRC event? Very different.

Rallyper
13th September 2018, 12:18

For Safari, even nowadays, needs massive protection building. No way any car any year would have finished Safari without having a car suited for just that rally.

aykutbilir
13th September 2018, 12:18
That's the same area as the 2010 WRC event? Very different.

Yes Marmaris compared to Istanbul they are two different worlds. Stages are more look like as Kemer.

Too bad i cannot watch home town event cos of the bussiness commitments :(

Rallyper
13th September 2018, 12:21
Let´s discuss stagecondition more after the rally. Let´s hope breaking cars will not destroy the numbers of drivers reaching finish...

racerx1979
13th September 2018, 12:21
I saw the Yota's come in after SD. The lower sill aero and fender wells were completely destroyed after just 12 km of SD. Imagine how much of a beating these cars are going to take over the weekend.

The ford guys were adding new underbody protection and new wheel well guards as they were pretty much destroyed also. One thing I noticed during SD was pretty much every time increased ride height :). I guess they start out low and move up in increments...

I also met a gentlemen who is one of the organizers of Safari Rally and he was out here scoping things out to see how the rally is run. He mentioned that they are looking at current standards in order to be better prepared for next years candidate event.

So far service was not all that great, but maybe tomorrow will be better?? No food at service for spectators and very few drink options besides red bull bar. Service park was pretty lame compared to Finland/Germany/Mexico where you have music, tons of places to sit and plenty to eat.

N.O.T
13th September 2018, 12:24

it has nothing to do with speed at which you go through rocks, and that is the problem...

PLuto
13th September 2018, 12:28
And we will see how many cars will survive first extra long stage tomorrow morning...

aykutbilir
13th September 2018, 12:30
And we will see how many cars will survive first extra long stage tomorrow morning...

That will be fun to watch :)

JAM
13th September 2018, 13:09
So far service was not all that great, but maybe tomorrow will be better?? No food at service for spectators and very few drink options besides red bull bar. Service park was pretty lame compared to Finland/Germany/Mexico where you have music, tons of places to sit and plenty to eat.

What you expected?

You are in Turkey, not in a free minded country. Not to mention the religious question...

aykutbilir
13th September 2018, 13:11
What you expected?

You are in Turkey, not in a free minded country. Not to mention the religious question...

I really wonder what you mean? If you are caring about political issues that is not define people.

Fast Eddie WRC
13th September 2018, 13:16
Shakedown for @RallyTurkey complete and it's going to be a rough one, but our EcoBoost-powered Ford Fiesta WRC is #BuiltFordTough 💪 #WRC #FordPerformance #RallyTurkey https://t.co/L8s1hanpTw

Fast Eddie WRC
13th September 2018, 13:22
Post-Shakedown:

Breen stated he took time to adapt to gravel again as he had no PET.

Latvala said the Yaris was running maximum ride-height.

Neuville claimed the i20 felt strong and well-set-up for the rough roads.

Suninen said tyre management was going to be the key to a good rally.

N.O.T
13th September 2018, 13:32
I really wonder what you mean? If you are caring about political issues that is not define people.

that is the biggest joke ever... the people vote for politicians that create the problems... so yes the politicians of a country very much show the nature of the people.

aykutbilir
13th September 2018, 13:36
that is the biggest joke ever... the people vote for politicians that create the problems... so yes the politicians of a country very much show the nature of the people.

NOT as you told other this bar talk :)
And the service parks needs about here so.

Asparan is a little middle of nowhere but cmeler is very close. If you dont have your supplies you dont have any options to have free Redbull :))

JAM
13th September 2018, 13:37

You know what i mean, but i understand that you can't write it, othewise you'll have someone not very pleasent knocking at your door in a matter of hours...

Let's talk abou the rally itself!

Wjth so many rocks, it would be a trully casino in matter of punctures... it could decide the rally.

aykutbilir
13th September 2018, 13:43
You know what i mean, but i understand that you can't write it, othewise you'll have someone not very pleasent knocking at your door in a matter of hours...

Let's talk abou the rally itself!

Wjth so many rocks, it would be a trully casino in matter of punctures... it could decide the rally.

Man really i wonder what you imagine about here Nobody knock your foor if you dont break any law here as the most of the world. And yes back to rally..

racerx1979
13th September 2018, 13:52
The rally and atmosphere have been very pleasant. The coast line is riddled with tourists (mainly Brits and Germans). I don't see anyone scared or acting bizarre. The locals are very kind especially outside of Marmaris and the organizers have been extremely friendly. Even the stage workers introduced themselves and told us to have a blast. People are drinking beer everywhere so its pretty laid back. Actually, in Finland or Germany you are not allowed to drink on the stages right? I'm not sure about the drinking laws here, but we saw plenty of people drinking and none of them were arrested. My only complaint was that the service park was quiet without many food options. That might change as today was shakedown.

Lets try to be positive and enjoy the rally.

dimviii
13th September 2018, 13:54
michelin video
https://youtu.be/zp48kPlf6ho

dimviii
13th September 2018, 14:02
watch what size of stone they found at Sunninens arch
https://twitter.com/MSportLtd/status/1040218448029265920

EstWRC
13th September 2018, 14:03
Actually, in Finland you are not allowed to drink on the stages right?.

Lets try to be positive and enjoy the rally.

what? The finns are drunk as f@ck always on the stages and having a 24 pack estonian gin or beer with them on every stage.

Tauri_J
13th September 2018, 14:07
Never been on a rally where drinking is not allowed. of course, you have to behave yourself.

N.O.T
13th September 2018, 14:07
all countries are shit on different levels and things...

be cool and enjoy the rally...

dimviii
13th September 2018, 14:20
https://scontent.fbru3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/41725347_10156620391153728_5089464197683609600_o.j pg?_nc_cat=0&oh=7ab42a433386b17ea6a0d783f0af4778&oe=5C18CA38
http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_09_2018/post-3242-0-02407100-1536845445.jpg
http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_09_2018/post-3242-0-68375900-1536845459.jpg
https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/41669941_1739185359541434_4243275023835463680_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=14f0711a04d17a789e77c00d838ebf7d&oe=5C29AD3D
https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/41611847_1739184666208170_7146840797613129728_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=fad37db30a7351321969d58128ec84ab&oe=5C23B26E
https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/41650115_1739185406208096_5909998518260465664_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=665da7a512631729ecfcd7d9ec1c54c4&oe=5C3B8921
https://www.facebook.com/rallypixels/photos/a.1737882983005005/1739185349541435/?type=3&theater

bomber21
13th September 2018, 14:26
Amazing photos! I will be in Marmaris in an hour.

dimviii
13th September 2018, 14:36
https://www.ewrc-results.com/image/432795/

https://www.ewrc-results.com/photo/44264-rally-turkey-marmaris-2018/

dimviii
13th September 2018, 14:48
video
https://www.ewrc-results.com/video/26903-shakedown-rally-turkey-2018-jr-rallye/

Jarek Z
13th September 2018, 15:27
Look at those stones!
https://www.ewrc-results.com/image/432771/
https://www.ewrc-results.com/image/432764/
https://www.ewrc-results.com/image/432792/

aykutbilir
13th September 2018, 15:34
Look at those stones!
https://www.ewrc-results.com/image/432771/
https://www.ewrc-results.com/image/432764/
https://www.ewrc-results.com/image/432792/

Probably crews right too many “dont cut” guys make me laugh.

And i have to say 2016 event is worst than this

Jarek Z
13th September 2018, 15:37
video
https://www.ewrc-results.com/video/26903-shakedown-rally-turkey-2018-jr-rallye/

Look at 1:25 and 3:33. The front left part of Ostberg's car destroyed by the stones!

Jarek Z
13th September 2018, 15:38
On the other hand... some very cool historic cars :)
https://www.ewrc-results.com/image/432762/

aykutbilir
13th September 2018, 15:39
On the other hand... some very cool historic cars :)
https://www.ewrc-results.com/image/432762/

All owned and driven by Ford Motorsport Turkey manager Serdar Bostanci

Jarek Z
13th September 2018, 15:43
All owned and driven by Ford Motorsport Turkey manager Serdar Bostanci

The father of Murat :)
https://www.ewrc-results.com/image/432779/

aykutbilir
13th September 2018, 15:45
The father of Murat :)

Exactly You can say Murat has a big legacy from his father.

mknight
13th September 2018, 16:41
Look at 1:25 and 3:33. The front left part of Ostberg's car destroyed by the stones!

And yet he still massively cuts that corner almost bottoming out.... is that really necessary? Even more on shakedown?

AnttiL
13th September 2018, 16:42
Latvala shakedown onboard https://youtu.be/GkczBo5bHas

aykutbilir
13th September 2018, 16:49
And the rain started!
This means holy freak!
Hope it will not continue to rain because if it rains at Marmaris it pours like hell.. (proven by me)

EstWRC
13th September 2018, 16:49
"There are so many big rocks out there," he said. "You're going to have to hold your tongue in the right way and drive over them. If it's your lucky weekend, it's your lucky weekend.

"It's definitely going to be a lottery this one.

"We will get a bit of a gain with the sweeping, but what we gain there we'll lose with the rocks being pulled out that we have to dodge - and some of those are going to be so big that you do have to drive around them. We're definitely talking about football-sized rocks.

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/138677/crews-braced-for-roughest-event-at-rally-turkey

satukata
13th September 2018, 17:26
alllive not working?

KKS
13th September 2018, 17:27
Any livestream link?

salamaja
13th September 2018, 17:38
alllive not working?
Working. Logout/Login.

EstWRC
13th September 2018, 17:44
lol what a useless stage again

salamaja
13th September 2018, 17:45
Any livestream link?

http://cdn.livetvcdn.net/webplayer.php?t=ifr&c=1006680&lang=en&eid=703933&lid=1006680&ci=547&si=7

Tauri_J
13th September 2018, 17:46
What a shit of a stage

EstWRC
13th September 2018, 17:46
no grip at all for Paddon, two mistakes already

E: make it three now

Simmi
13th September 2018, 17:47
Nice little battle between events to see who can put on the worst super special.

BigWorm
13th September 2018, 17:51
Nice little battle between events to see who can put on the worst super special.

We've gone from a bad one in Germany to this!

EstWRC
13th September 2018, 17:54
very very nice drive by Breen, so clean

KKS
13th September 2018, 17:54
http://cdn.livetvcdn.net/webplayer.php?t=ifr&c=1006680&lang=en&eid=703933&lid=1006680&ci=547&si=7
didn't work for me

PLuto
13th September 2018, 17:58
didn't work for me

You missed nothing...