PDA

View Full Version : We will be driving Chevolets... sez Jr.

trumperZ06
5th May 2007, 15:04
;) Spped TV today quotes Dale jr. laughing...

"Nah"... when asked if it was really possible that he would drive a Ford next year !!!

:dozey: IMO... The Yates talk looks like an attempt by his step-mother to force Jr. out of DEI !!!

blakebeatty
5th May 2007, 15:19
yeah, i agree, Jr. will be driving chevy...

in a richard childress chevy

Jag_Warrior
6th May 2007, 07:17
yeah, i agree, Jr. will be driving chevy...

in a richard childress chevy

I haven't been following the blow by blow, but I thought he and DEI were really close to a deal.

But I'd really like to see him go to RCR. I think he needs a team with a better structure than what DEI can provide.

R. Mears
6th May 2007, 12:27
True champions will always drive a chevy. :D

Mark in Oshawa
7th May 2007, 03:43
I will just say that Teresa may have played her last card. She either wants to be bought out by Junior or force him out, and I don't know if we know which is which. He is a Chevy guy, but this Ford rumour didn't come out of the ether....so Teresa or her management team must have been in on this dance with Ford.

Jr. becomes a free agent, god only knows where he ends up, but right now, Hendrick's are cleaning up......maybe they will dump the Shrub to put Jr. in the 5....

BenRoethig
7th May 2007, 12:42
Jr. eventually wants ownership and I don't think he can get that with Hendrick. Richard, on the other hand, would probably be more than willing his operation to Jr in a couple years.

tstran17_88
10th May 2007, 03:20
June Bug will be in a MWR Toyota next year! :laugh:

trumperZ06
10th May 2007, 16:42
;) Well Dale Jr. announced today that he is leaving DEI.

So far... nothing from the press conference about Jr's plans for next year.

We can expect to see him behind the wheel of a Chevy... possibly with Joe Gibb's racing team. Gibb's has a spot open (max 4 teams allowed)... and Jr. has worked well with Tony Stewart and helped Hamlin when he started cup racing.

Cindy_AL
10th May 2007, 19:11
June Bug will be in a MWR Toyota next year! :laugh:

:eek: :rotflmao:

Cindy_AL
10th May 2007, 19:42
Jr. eventually wants ownership and I don't think he can get that with Hendrick. Richard, on the other hand, would probably be more than willing his operation to Jr in a couple years.

Jr is already an owner. He has said in the past that he wouldnt want to be owner & driver of his Cup team. I think the only reason he pushed Teresa into a corner about ownership was that she was doing a poor job making the right decisions to improve performance and he thought he could do a better job.

Sparky1329
10th May 2007, 21:19
Jr is already an owner. He has said in the past that he wouldnt want to be owner & driver of his Cup team. I think the only reason he pushed Teresa into a corner about ownership was that she was doing a poor job making the right decisions to improve performance and he thought he could do a better job.

I'll second that with a bullet.

call_me_andrew
11th May 2007, 07:09
True champions will always drive a chevy. :D

Even after GM is bought out by Toyota.

Jag_Warrior
13th May 2007, 19:15
Even after GM is bought out by Toyota.

Come one now, you know President Hillary won't let that happen. :p :