PDA

View Full Version : Pit Stops

muggle not
5th May 2007, 03:54
From TBO.com

PIT STOPS

WHO'S HOT: Jeff Gordon's victory Sunday at Talladega was the sixth in the 9-race-old season for red-hot Hendrick Motorsports. Hendrick cars might have finished first through fourth in the Aaron's 499 if one hadn't taken out another and still another hadn't wrecked. Gordon and Jimmie Johnson finished 1-2, but fellow Hendrick drivers Casey Mears and Kyle Busch also were strong. Johnson took out Mears after Mears, who led a race for the first time this year, failed to signal that he was slowing to enter pit road. Busch crashed out a few laps later. ... A Joe Gibbs Racing news release this week actually compares 16-year-old Joey Logano with Richard Petty. The release points out Petty won a record 200 races and suggests Logano, 2-0 in his NASCAR regional races after a Busch East victory Saturday at Greensville-Pickens (S.C.), could eventually "shatter" Petty's record. There's no denying that Logano, a Mark Martin protege, is one of stock-car racing's best young prospects.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHO'S NOT: At least Toyota has an excuse for struggling mightily in Nextel Cup; this is the Japanese manufacturer's first season in NASCAR's top division. Dodge has no excuse for its terrible showing so far. There's only one Dodge driver in the top 12 - 10th-place Kurt Busch - and Dodge's only top-five finishes of the year were rookie Juan Pablo Montoya's fifth at Atlanta in March and Busch's third Sunday at Talladega. ... When Ken Schrader failed to qualify the No. 21 Ford for the Aaron's 499, Wood Brothers Racing found itself outside the lineup for the first time in seven years. The Woods had a streak of 249 consecutive starts, dating to the spring Talladega race in 2000.

harvick#1
5th May 2007, 03:59
I think its time for Nascar to crack down on Hendrick Motorsports, they have 9 teams in the field (yes HASS racing is the Hendrick "R&D" team, and MB2 is Hendrick's "B" teams) its gettin out of hand.

and now that HASS is gettin a rolling Wind Tunnel, thats just gonna make Hendrick all the stronger while they still get R&D from HASS and MB2

RaceFanStan
5th May 2007, 04:13
Just so you know, MB2 is no more as they sold out to Ginn.
I see what you are saying but it can't be done.
Look at the pact between Roush/Yates/Wood Bros .....
a few years ago RCR, DEI & APR made a similar pact .....
teams can combine to share information, engines, equipment, etc & it CAN'T be stopped !
People can lament all they want but it isn't against any rules. http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

harvick#1
5th May 2007, 04:20
the whole RCR, DEi, APR thing was only for plate package, I think all chevy teams were all together in the package that is now the current Busch Package

RaceFanStan
5th May 2007, 04:33
The RCR, DEI, APR pact that I am speaking of was for all tracks.
Do you remember Andy Petree Racing ?

Mark in Oshawa
5th May 2007, 05:32
I remember Petree racing...I know they are gone now too.

The teams will swap ideas back and forth and although they may not have the same owner, there isn't going to be any rules between teams swapping information and technology. It just is too hard to police, and god knows the NASCAR inspectors have a tough enough job.....

djarumdudley
5th May 2007, 08:28
Petree Racing does still exist, though not as a competitive racing team. there was a blurb earlier this week on Jayski about Petree entering into a technical partnership for shop equipment.

Hendrick is doing what it needs. all the major teams do. Roushand Gibbs have their own alliances, just with different specifications. until Nascar goes to proper franchises with tighter restrictions there's little to stop this. with manufacturer identity decreasing, it's only a matter of time until 4 or 5 "ownership figures" dominate the sport.

muggle not
5th May 2007, 15:31
From Pit Stops. Your fascination with HMS has caused you to overlook this great gem. :)

A Joe Gibbs Racing news release this week actually compares 16-year-old Joey Logano with Richard Petty. The release points out Petty won a record 200 races and suggests Logano, 2-0 in his NASCAR regional races after a Busch East victory Saturday at Greensville-Pickens (S.C.), could eventually "shatter" Petty's record. There's no denying that Logano, a Mark Martin protege, is one of stock-car racing's best young prospects.

Aside from Gibbs news release the rumors that I am hearing are that this kid is some kind of good. I am anxious to follow his career.