PDA

View Full Version : Impound races

Dick Blom
4th May 2007, 20:50
Am I the only one who hates the impound races? I think they are fine for the restrictor plate tracks, where the qualifying set up isn't very different from the race setup. But at all the other tracks I think it is terrible. Happy Hour is when everyone gets a short at the right set up for the race, and it also gives the fans information for Fantasy race picks, at least the ones that allow picking right up till race time. So I think the implund idea is another of NASCAR's hair brained ideas!
http://www.boomspeed.com/rockysmom/smileyrant.gif

Jonesi
5th May 2007, 00:04
I don't care for them. At some tracks there are real safety issues between qualifing & racing setups. I also think they help the bigger teams, esp if they all use the same setup. Roush teams would not have dominated 2005 like they did, without all the impound events.

Alexamateo
5th May 2007, 01:06
I agree with the first 2 posters and also do not care for the impound races.

Bring back morning warm-ups!

Oh wait! That's the IRL :eek: :erm:

harvick#1
5th May 2007, 04:30
I hate Impound races,

there should be three practice sessions for every race, (except for Talladega)

having one practice session is a joke

djarumdudley
5th May 2007, 09:17
impound races were an attempt to help the 'little guy' teams save a few bucks. the way the sport is now this of negligible purpose seeing how the little guy teams are virtually defunct. have a prequalifying session, qualifying, and happy hour. run the race and call it a weekend.

blakebeatty
5th May 2007, 15:06
no one liked impound races, that's why they were almost entirely done away with