PDA

View Full Version : What's the stupidest thing you've seen on the roads?

CharlieJ
4th May 2007, 09:07
On my way to work this morning, I saw a car with a sat-nav stuck to the winscreen at eye level right in front of the drivers face :eek:

That's about on par with the guy I saw a couple of years ago pouring a hot drink from a flask into a cup (flask in one hand - cup in other)... while actually approaching a roundabout, which usually requires some steering input. :eek:

luvracin
4th May 2007, 15:05
Interstate 94(between Chicago & Detroit).
- Guy driving a Ford work van(or similar), reading newspaper and eating a Big Mac while driving ..... at night. Was easy to see because his internal light was on(so he could see the paper).

CharlieJ
4th May 2007, 15:07
Yeah - I've seen White Van Man in Britain doing that too!

schmenke
4th May 2007, 15:20
The other day I say a lady driving up a busy boulevard (with many intersections, cross-walks, etc.) with her head tilted back as she was trying to put drops in her eyes :mark:

GridGirl
4th May 2007, 15:35
I was driving to work early one morning and saw a guy having a full wet shave. A dry shave I can can accept if your in a rush with an electric shaver, but the guy had all his face all foamed up and was using a razor.

CarlMetro
4th May 2007, 17:09
Probably the guy who cut me up in his BMW M5, only to be flashed by a speed camera which obviously made him jump because he swerved straight into a concrete bollard.

I think it's called Karma :D

Caroline
4th May 2007, 17:27
Me. Earlier this afternoon, large broken fence panels sticking way out the boot of a saloon car, all held together with bungee rope and luck. Did the job though!

schmenke
4th May 2007, 18:40
So is your neighbour now sans-fence? :mark:

Hazell B
4th May 2007, 20:41
Freelanders.

Zico
4th May 2007, 20:57
The stupid women who tried to keep going round the roundabout on the inside lane last week.... I very nearly wiped us both out. I was absolutely furious!

BeansBeansBeans
4th May 2007, 21:02
I got stuck behind some bloke in a Mazda this evening who was trying to film St James's Park on his mobile phone whilst driving. He was slow and all over the place.

Brown, Jon Brow
4th May 2007, 21:51
Freelanders. :up: laugh:
I was planning to say Hyundai Santa Fe or some else thats hideous.

I'll have to say the berk that held me up in a 60mph zone going 38'sh mph then didn't slow down going in a village 30mph zone and got flashed on a speed camera.

CharlieJ
4th May 2007, 23:11
:up: laugh:
I was planning to say Hyundai Santa Fe or some else thats hideous.
Well if you're going down that path........

Mitsubishi Outlander

or...

worst of all.......

Ssangyong Rodius! (or should that be odious? :eek: )

Daniel
5th May 2007, 02:41
So is your neighbour now sans-fence? :mark:
No. We are protected from her by a newer/sturdier fence now :D

Ian McC
5th May 2007, 09:18
This :s

http://www.whatcar.com/Car/Fiat/Multipla/283662834.jpg

pino
5th May 2007, 10:38
This :s

http://www.whatcar.com/Car/Fiat/Multipla/283662834.jpg

Hey stop bashing the Multipla, it's a great car and if wasn't for my wife I would buy one :p :

Daniel
5th May 2007, 11:16
I fail to see why people have issues with the Multipla. From what I've heard it's a great MPV. Who needs to impress members of the opposite sex when you've already got 3 kids anyway? :mark:

BeansBeansBeans
5th May 2007, 15:04
Aye, pound-for-pound there are few cars better than the Multipla. If I was forced to have an MPV, I'd choose one of them.

Ian McC
5th May 2007, 15:39
If it is great or not is not the issue, it's just the look of it :eek:

Easy Drifter
5th May 2007, 16:54
A few weeks ago, while doing 95k in an 80 I had a little Toy up my chuff. As we went into the little town of Fesserton, limit 60k, I slowed down to 70. Well into town with a double yellow no passing line she pulled out and passed me. Talking on the cell phone, other hand came off the wheel to give me a one fingered salute. Had to be doing a 100+ in a 60. Heck I was 10 over.
Retribution!!! A maroon Ford coming towards us lit up like a Christmas tree!
Headlights flashing, red lights in grill, red light on dash. One unmarked cruiser.
I am sure the (female) officer had an interesting dicussion with the Toy's driver. :devil:

pino
6th May 2007, 06:14
If it is great or not is not the issue, it's just the look of it :eek:

What's wrong with the look of it ? It's great :p :

Daniel
6th May 2007, 08:03
What's wrong with the look of it ? It's great :p :
Pino :p

The brits have no idea of how to make cars these days :p

http://www.ford.co.uk/ie/fusion/fusion/fus_intro_4col/-/-/-/-

A.F.F.
9th May 2007, 20:48
Hey stop bashing the Multipla, it's a great car and if wasn't for my wife I would buy one :p :

God for bid your wife. I've always think she was the bright one in your union ;) :p :

555-04Q2
18th May 2007, 15:33
I'd have to go for Paris Hilton, in her Bentley, with a champagne bottle betweem her legs ;)

luvracin
18th May 2007, 15:42
I'd have to go for Paris Hilton, in her Bentley, with a champagne bottle betweem her legs ;)

Wow. I know what you mean.... but it's not the EXACT mental image that came to mind...

scrappy
22nd May 2007, 09:49
cyclest pulling a wheelie goign downhill to a roundabout on a main road :eek: :rolleyes:

ShiftingGears
23rd May 2007, 14:02
I saw a woman driver once

donKey jote
23rd May 2007, 20:52
I had a little Toy up my chuff.
sounds like one of oily's best :p :
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

AndyRAC
24th May 2007, 09:07
White van drivers thinking they're in a Ferrari, absolute idiots.....

Woodeye
25th May 2007, 10:07
To answer the original headline:

Hummer.

That's just plain stupid.

Robinho
25th May 2007, 13:43
A few weeks ago, while doing 95k in an 80 I had a little Toy up my chuff. As we went into the little town of Fesserton, limit 60k, I slowed down to 70. Well into town with a double yellow no passing line she pulled out and passed me. Talking on the cell phone, other hand came off the wheel to give me a one fingered salute. Had to be doing a 100+ in a 60. Heck I was 10 over.
Retribution!!! A maroon Ford coming towards us lit up like a Christmas tree!
Headlights flashing, red lights in grill, red light on dash. One unmarked cruiser.
I am sure the (female) officer had an interesting dicussion with the Toy's driver. :devil:

in the UK, having a little Toy up one's chuff could mean something quite different, and certainly not a good idea when driving o would imagine! good story though
;)

4th June 2007, 01:52
when the traffic light turns red, the drive handed out a piece of newspaper and began to enjoy it!
it really shocks me! :confused:
wow gold (http://www.wowgoldvip.com/news_list.asp)
wow gold (http://www.mygamesale.com)
wow gold (http://www.gamegoldvip.com)

Drew
12th June 2007, 23:58
I never really pay attention to what other people are doing inside their cars. Except once in a traffic jam when the guy ahead of me was getting head from his girlfriend / wife / fiancé / lover whatever. I had to look everywhere else but infront, very hard to do :p :

CharlieJ
13th June 2007, 10:04
I never really pay attention to what other people are doing inside their cars. Except once in a traffic jam when the guy ahead of me was getting head from his girlfriend / wife / fiancé / lover whatever.
In a traffic jam? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I had to look everywhere else but infront, very hard to do
:dozey: ;)

Mark
13th June 2007, 10:12
in the UK, having a little Toy up one's chuff could mean something quite different, and certainly not a good idea when driving o would imagine! good story though
;)

Indeed :s . I was just about to delete the post and give Easy Drifter a permanent ban :crazy:

Drew
16th June 2007, 21:29
In a traffic jam? :eek: :eek: :eek:

:dozey: ;)

Oh yes, on a lovely warm easter day somewhere near Cheltenham (or abouts) on the M5 where the traffic jam was caused by a fatal crash and everybody was forced off the motorway without any diversions, lovely.

Don't worry, we were all at a standstill.

Brown, Jon Brow
16th June 2007, 22:42
Not strictly on a road but the other day I was in ASDA car park and we decided to practice some bay parks for my driving test. However, a guy in a florescent jacket said maneuvers aren't permitted on the car park!! :confused:

What was he going to do? Call the police because I was parking in a car park!

Captain VXR
17th June 2007, 11:29
Chav cars

Ian McC
17th June 2007, 22:12

Which way up was the bottle? :erm:

Stuartf12007
17th June 2007, 23:35
Citroen saxo's with stupid mods on them.

i laugh at how dumb they look.

Captain VXR
18th June 2007, 16:59
Citroen saxo's with stupid mods on them.

i laugh at how dumb they look.

Especially ones with gay offset on the wheels http://www.driftworks.com/forum/images/smilies/ghey.gif

Robinho
21st June 2007, 12:38
i think what i've seen today is the stupidest thing on the road, by far. Four words for you...

Porsche......

Cayenne.....

Turbo.........

Limousine!!!!!

i mean, seriously! :rolleyes:

CharlieJ
21st June 2007, 14:05
i think what i've seen today is the stupidest thing on the road, by far. Four words for you...

Porsche......

Cayenne.....

Turbo.........

Limousine!!!!!

i mean, seriously! :rolleyes:

Nooooooo..... there can't be two......... :eek: I saw one round here last week!

Looks better than a pink Hummer limo though (What doesn't? :p : )

Yes there's a pink Hummer limo..... and a pink Ford Explorer limo :laugh: