PDA

View Full Version : No Rally Radio for Argentina

wrc_flipper
3rd May 2007, 11:44
No Rally Radio this weekend for Argentina - hope they are now going the same way as Rally World Magazine!

Message on wrc.com...

Unfortunately due to last-minute circumstances out of our control, World Rally Radio is regrettably not able to broadcast live 24/7 during round six of the 2007 FIA World Rally Championship, Rally Argentina. However, there will still be live commentary on the Superspecial stages which can be watched on WRC+ at the following times:
SS9 Friday 4 May 22:00-23:00hrs GMT
SS22 Sunday 6 May 16:00-17:00hrs GMT

The WRR team will be back to bring you all the action live from Rally Jordan, the seasonıs final WRC candidate rally, from Thursday 10 May.
Please note that as the WRR team will not be live throughout the event, we will not be able to deal with emails during this time. Thank you all for your understanding and we look forward to speaking to you all again from Jordan!

From all of us here at World Rally Radio - Becs, Colin, Chris and James.

Livewireshock
3rd May 2007, 12:15
That is a shame!

wrc_flipper
3rd May 2007, 12:27
Sorry first bit should have read as....

No Rally Radio this weekend for Argentina - hope they are not going the same way as Rally World Magazine!

No Rally Radio this weekend for Argentina - hope they are now going the same way as Rally World Magazine!

Bit of finger problems! :dozey:

JAM
3rd May 2007, 13:54
WRC falling in all these litle details. Is really a shame. Hey Mr Richards! Are you waked up or are you more worried in finding a partner to Prodrive F1 program?

1LM1
3rd May 2007, 14:10
Strange.

AndyRAC
3rd May 2007, 14:59
Shame, whilst it wasn't perfect it was the only way to keep up to date with WRC. What with RallyWorld closing, it's not looking too good for the championship. I really can't see what the 3 manufacturers get out of the championship. The coverage is hardly great, is it? Seriously, things have got to change in the whole WRC, it's dying on it's feet.

jonas_mcrae
3rd May 2007, 16:42
I really think this was a last-minute thing, because its too late to make an anouncement like this and stop everything, the guys of rally radio would have been in Argentina already, and set to broadcast, maybe technical problems, or something else... who knows

Will L
3rd May 2007, 17:38
WRC.com has really lost it's way.

There are so many better site nowadays unless you want to pay £50 a year.

COD
3rd May 2007, 17:51
Maybe Pirelli was not preapared to pay for it, as most of the broadcasts would be middle of the night in Europe?

GigiGalliNo1
3rd May 2007, 18:36
WRC.com has really lost it's way.

There are so many better site nowadays unless you want to pay £50 a year.

Yah ha.... I'm paying the £29.95 which is depending on exchange rate between AU$70-$130 and I've only used it 3 times in 5 rounds..... so... not much happening except the videos and the live feed which is actually pretty impressive but still wouldn't mind seeing some more content, shows in between the rally events like they use to have RallyXS Magazine TV Show or something a long the lines but then again........ I see and hear the WRC is going downhill. Like radio, i presume and before that rally mag.

Roy
3rd May 2007, 19:09
I don't understand all this bla bla. It is like the worlds gone. ;)
First is it only rallye. And second: That is not gone.

Where on WRC.com do you read that there is no rally radio?
And if is... last yaer was the same. I think it was Argentina too, but it could be another WRC rally. So quite now please.

Radio is still exist even Rally World Magazine, only the Norwegian not. WRC rally wouldn't appear. Ford is with many teams. Citroen and Subaru stay. Suzuki enters. It is a wonderfull rally year! And next year will be better. Enjoy! :D

wrc_flipper
3rd May 2007, 19:13
I really think this was a last-minute thing, because its too late to make an anouncement like this and stop everything, the guys of rally radio would have been in Argentina already, and set to broadcast, maybe technical problems, or something else... who knows

Would have thought it would be financial or personal reasons. Technical issues would be easy to fix as the two people at the rally talk though mobiles and a "skype type" feed via broadband/ISDN back to a studio any studio problems etc you just move to another studio etc.

Hope they will be back on for Itally and according to wrc.com they will be on for Jordan on 10May. Makes the live stage times and the light weight wrc.com bearable !

jonas_mcrae
3rd May 2007, 19:14

And if is... last yaer was the same. I think it was Argentina too, but it could be another WRC rally. So quite now please.

Radio is still exist even Rally World Magazine, only the Norwegian not. WRC rally wouldn't appear. Ford is with many teams. Citroen and Subaru stay. Suzuki enters. It is a wonderfull rally year! And next year will be better. Enjoy! :D

At last! some optimism

GigiGalliNo1
3rd May 2007, 19:15

Link for you: http://www.wrc.com/page/RallyRadio/0,,10111,00.html

wrc_flipper
3rd May 2007, 19:16

http://www.wrc.com/page/RallyRadio/0,,10111,00.html

GigiGalliNo1
3rd May 2007, 19:16
haha I beat you! :p

wrc_flipper
3rd May 2007, 19:21
0.025 sec - get you on the next stage!

GigiGalliNo1
11th May 2007, 13:19
Jordan rally is on....but its soooo boaring on the radio!!!! arggg

wrc_flipper
11th May 2007, 14:07
Jordan rally is on....but its soooo boaring on the radio!!!! arggg

Better than nothing! :) For me Rally Radio does make good listening over a WRC weekend. Where I if no radio I would just look at the results at the end of each day and get the ITV4 show at the end. ISC must have seen less people visit wrc.com over last weekend?!

Worth moaning about the stage times and no SSS audio - got a free month on wrc+!!! :)

And if you were listening, Greg Strage just got faided out at a very interesting part of the conversation with Nicky Grist! :confused:

flip

GigiGalliNo1
11th May 2007, 14:49
hahah yeh i saw that too well ok heard it lol

ok yes tru i'm bloody happy that wrc radio is back :D but still.....you get it a month free?! and i already payed for it..... for a whoooollleee season :D bleehhh lol

J4MIE
11th May 2007, 19:29
but still.....you get it a month free?! and i already payed for it..... for a whoooollleee season :D bleehhh lol

If you read his post you'll see that he moaned at them.