PDA

View Full Version : Mike Helton, still an idiot

SOD
3rd May 2007, 01:27
at the talladega pre-race, he was talking about bump-drafting. he didn't make any sense. "not bumpin', dat ayn't NASCAr! etc...I don't want to be hit by a beer can"

harvick#1
3rd May 2007, 02:03
Helton needs to leave, along with Brian, they've put Nascar in the toilet.

jslone
3rd May 2007, 04:24
Whats worse is that someone who has no clue on Nascar could end up running it,worse then these to idiots,so think about that.

SOD
3rd May 2007, 15:27
Whats worse is that someone who has no clue on Nascar could end up running it,worse then these to idiots,so think about that.

never thoughtof it that way.

just as well that Mike does not have to be consistent with his decisons.

Lee Roy
3rd May 2007, 15:43

Yep, look at other racing series in the US. The only one that isn't a complete embarrassment is the NHRA, and to a certain extent, ALMS.

call_me_andrew
4th May 2007, 05:50
Yep, look at other racing series in the US. The only one that isn't a complete embarrassment is the NHRA, and to a certain extent, ALMS.

No, the NHRA is getting pretty said. First, they adopted their own "chase". Now there are rumors that NASCAR is looking to buy them.

blakebeatty
4th May 2007, 14:40
I heard that Bruton Smith wanted to buy them, not NASCAR. plus install a drag strip at Lowe's Motor Speedway (which would be awesome!)

truly the saddest (and i hate to admit it - grew up in the midwest on dirt) is the World of Outlaws. Bankruptcy, National Sprint Tour, ownership coups, losing TV deal after TV deal, etc...

now that is mismanagement

Mark in Oshawa
4th May 2007, 17:40
Helton isn't doing a horrible job. NASCAR just has reached their maximum saturation point, and they cant really grow any more in the US of A. They are still flailing away to make more inroads, but I think they have hit the wall. There are other race fans out there, but they wont watch NASCAR, and while they may scoop more casual or non race fans, the changes needed to get their attention mean alienating the hard core fans. No, Helton isn't the worst guy to run a series, and he doesn't do anything or say anything that the France's have not rubberstamped first. You want to blame someone, dump it on France. IF he stops counting his money long enough to listen, you would be lucky...