PDA

View Full Version : This is how you make good looking cars(realistically priced ones)

Stuartf12007
2nd May 2007, 22:33
http://www.techepics.com/files/1_1-2007-honda-civic-type-r.jpg

As the owner of the previous Type R and having test driven this new one.
I will be buying this new Type R.

janneppi
3rd May 2007, 06:42
I can't say for the hatchback but the sedan looks pretty hideous inside, havent seen as much gray plastic since the visit to Gray plastic factory. Type Rä is on the outside a nice looking ride though.

GridGirl
3rd May 2007, 08:32
It does look better than the normal civic I guess. There are other cars I'd rather buy before a type R though.

Daniel
3rd May 2007, 10:45
As Daphne and Celeste would say.....

U G L Y that thing's got no alibi it's UGLY.

wedge
3rd May 2007, 12:25
It does look better than the normal civic I guess. There are other cars I'd rather buy before a type R though.

Corsa VXR???

:D

GridGirl
3rd May 2007, 13:14
Just googled a Corsa VXR, a triangle exhaust, how odd looking.

I'd never buy a Vauxhall, I see them as old people's car, and I dont think I've reached that stage in my life, even if it was a VXR version :p Bust seriously no I wouldnt buy one if the boot is anything like in the normal Corsa. Its practically no existant, you couldn't take it on a decent shopping trip at all.

Erki
3rd May 2007, 13:52
I like it. The Type-R this is.

luvracin
3rd May 2007, 16:28
http://www.techepics.com/files/1_1-2007-honda-civic-type-r.jpg

As the owner of the previous Type R and having test driven this new one.
I will be buying this new Type R.

Most people who buy that car will disagree with you and feel the need to cover it with stupid big wings, spoilers and skirts.

Stuartf12007
3rd May 2007, 18:23
Most people who buy that car will disagree with you and feel the need to cover it with stupid big wings, spoilers and skirts.

The Type R is intended to be left as it is, its not meant to be modded out like those people you see in those horrid tin can saxo's.

And why would you want to mod out a car that looks like that anyway.

The comment about grey plastic, what colour plastic would you prefer?

schmenke
3rd May 2007, 18:46
Decent looking car, but I honestly don't see anything original about the styling.
Looks like a cross between a Golf GTi and a Totyota Celica...

janneppi
3rd May 2007, 19:10
The Type R is intended to be left as it is, its not meant to be modded out like those people you see in those horrid tin can saxo's.

And why would you want to mod out a car that looks like that anyway.

The comment about grey plastic, what colour plastic would you prefer?
I'd rather have a interior on a modern car that doesn't look more outdated as my old 84 Opel Rekord. :)
Single shade gray with large surfaces isn't very attractive, at least not to me.

Zico
3rd May 2007, 19:40
Not really a fan of the new Civic Type-R, bigger and heavier than the old one.. the engines had to be tuned for more torque to compensate.

Im contemplating an Integra Type-R as my next car,might not be the prettiest car in the world but its prob the best handling FWD you can buy..

Stuartf12007
3rd May 2007, 21:37
I'd rather have a interior on a modern car that doesn't look more outdated as my old 84 Opel Rekord. :)
Single shade gray with large surfaces isn't very attractive, at least not to me.

you obviously have'nt seen inside it.

janneppi
4th May 2007, 07:06
I actually sat inside a Civic sedan two-three weeks ago in a show room, it was propably a base model because it was so dullishly gray, but compared it to a 2002 Civic sedan i can't help to think the space ship interior of the new one isn't working , at least not in gray for me.

I also just had sat in a new Accord with lot's of bells and whistles, so that probably affected a bit. :)
I'm sure the Type R has more of that "something" inside to make it look better.

GridGirl
4th May 2007, 08:51
As with the old Type R you dont get anything for you money!!!

Air con still doesnt appear to be as standard, it doesnt even look to be an option. You have to pay extra for sun shades and decent carpet. Its £225 for an Ipod adapter!!! It was only £20 for that in the car I currently have. It only has what seems to be a single cd stereo. £35 for mats, £350 for fog lights, £425 for parking sensors.

I only added metalic paint to my build your own car on the honda website and it was £18,002. Thats without adding all the things that are I currently have on my current car. Its almost like you have to downgrade to get one, but for more money.

Daniel
4th May 2007, 09:07
I paid £220 for a Pioneer stereo with built in bluetooth as well as an iPod adaptor. 225 is a ripoff......

Dave B
4th May 2007, 12:34
The new Civic is almost in the same league as the Fiat Multipla for making small children cry with it's fugly looks :(

Erki
4th May 2007, 12:47
Can't beat the new Focus though. :)

Motor_maniac
4th May 2007, 19:07
indeed i must agree, the new type R is a great looking car, i have a type R lookalike of the previous model (insurance reasons) and when my loan's paid off i shall be getting one of the above. Prpoer typr R this time, pending insurance.#

Lovely car to drive!

cobre
4th May 2007, 19:19
Oink-oink!

Stuartf12007
4th May 2007, 20:00
indeed i must agree, the new type R is a great looking car, i have a type R lookalike of the previous model (insurance reasons) and when my loan's paid off i shall be getting one of the above. Prpoer typr R this time, pending insurance.#

Lovely car to drive!

you will love it.

speedy king
28th May 2007, 23:45
As with the old Type R you dont get anything for you money!!!

Air con still doesnt appear to be as standard, it doesnt even look to be an option. You have to pay extra for sun shades and decent carpet. Its £225 for an Ipod adapter!!! It was only £20 for that in the car I currently have. It only has what seems to be a single cd stereo. £35 for mats, £350 for fog lights, £425 for parking sensors.

I only added metalic paint to my build your own car on the honda website and it was £18,002. Thats without adding all the things that are I currently have on my current car. Its almost like you have to downgrade to get one, but for more money.

Thats what i'm finding witht he Type S :( Most things are options, expensive ones at that!! :( Best choice is to go to local garages at the end of registration periods and catch some 07's before the 57 change over that they need to clear that have been demos with the goodies :)

ST205GT4
31st May 2007, 05:16
Looks like a UFO to me and it's not any better on the inside with its Star Trek cockpit. Warp speed Mr.Sulu...oh we don't have any speed? Bugger..

4th June 2007, 01:46
it seems marvellous!!
so, how is the price? is it also marvellous?
wow gold (http://www.wowgoldvip.com/news_list.asp)
wow gold (http://www.mygamesale.com)
wow gold (http://www.gamegoldvip.com)
welcom and you'll find something!

Cole_Trickle
5th August 2007, 10:54
old topic I know,

I don't like the hatch at all, it looks like an ugly triangle

however, the sedan looks pretty hot!
http://www.wheelsmag.com.au/News/Type+R+sedan+enters+the+frame.html

Brown, Jon Brow
5th August 2007, 18:35
It looks like fridge or a washing machine with a self attached. :down:

Iain
5th August 2007, 21:05
Even worse than the hatch. :mark: The hatch has a few cool design touches, but as a whole, it's not very attractive and no matter how bold it looks, old people still drive them. :p :

LotusElise
6th August 2007, 11:09
I preferred the old Civic Type-R shape. This one is too "overweight"-looking.
When I test-drove an ordinary Civic a couple of years ago, it was the dullest, most unresponsive, cloggiest thing ever. The Honda sales people had a proper attitude problem as well.
The much older Civics look more fun.

Brown, Jon Brow
6th August 2007, 12:26
http://news.windingroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/grande-punto-abarth-010-sm.jpg

Robinho
6th August 2007, 12:41
at least the Sedan (Saloon) Civic Tyoe R is the proper car, not the half arsed compromise that we get in the UK (the hatchback)

the Japanese spec type R Saloon has more power, a better chassis and to be honest i think it looks better than the shoe (sorry, Hatch) - there should be a ack to back review on http://www.evo.co.uk soon, it was in this months mag, and the JDM (japanese donestic model) is far superior in every area, apart from not lloking like a plastic space ship ;)

i wonder why Honda Japan is neglecting us in Britain/Eurpoe, especially as this tyoe of car sells so well here, even the previous model Integra Type R sold a lot here despite only being available through "grey" import, why can't we have the full fat version of the new Civic Mr Honda, why boast about your engineering and technical ability and pushing the boundaries and then suplpy us with a compromise car?

on the other hand, that Fiat looks the business, in fact there is a company who seems to be heading in the right direcion, some great sporty cars appearing, from the Fiat 500 Abarth and Panda 100hp up to the Punto's and Bravo's :up: Fiat (thats something i never thought i'd say!)

TangoR34
9th August 2007, 07:12
I've got to say both looks fine. but the UK one has an ugly arse!
My housemaster got one and always park the back against the wall!
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w103/TangoR34/cars/SD530282.jpg

Iain
9th August 2007, 16:34
Or in that case, parked next to a tank. Which could do a lot of improvement to it. :p :