PDA

View Full Version : Pink F1 car - Force India 2017

Nitrodaze
14th March 2017, 19:55
Bring out your sunglasses guys, we get to see the first ever pink formula 1 livery on the 2017 Force India. I wonder what a pink blur would like but it looks fantastic stationary. The birds would definitely love it. I wonder what Perez thinks about it. I can tell you Hulkenburg is probably having a chuckle whereever he is right now.

http://e2.365dm.com/17/03/16-9/20/force-india-vjm10-pink-livery_3909332.jpg?20170314124411

Great livery

Mark
14th March 2017, 20:28
It's fantastic. Very Giro d'Italia style.

N. Jones
14th March 2017, 20:43
Here's a question:

Who cares?

inimitablestoo
14th March 2017, 22:04
At least it's a nice restrained pink. After seeing this story break earlier I did a Google Images search for "pink NASCAR", knowing they've done a few cancer awareness specials over the years. The results were perfectly SFW, but the page will damage your retinas if you look at it for too long...

COD
14th March 2017, 23:13
Brabham tried it. Not very succesful. But I like this better than the one Force India had before

Tazio
15th March 2017, 00:38
:stareup: That is more of a lavender.....thilly! :sailor:

AndyL
15th March 2017, 09:18
Looks good. The TV commentators should be taking a pay cut now that the liveries are all so distinctive :)

emporer_k
15th March 2017, 19:23
I think it's a big improvement on their previous livery.

Bagwan
16th March 2017, 14:19
It's the same colour as the "No Tell Motel" in Tucson , Az .

My wife and I drove by it about 20 years ago .
That's how startlingly memorable a colour can be .

It brings to mind the smell of bubble gum .
It reminds me of that aisle in the department store where "Barbie" and "Hello Kitty" live .
It makes me think about breast cancer .

But , now , it's gonna be burned into my memory on the F1 grid .
And , apparently , it cost under $20 million to make it happen .

In my very humble opinion , the best way for them to save this and make it a huge positive laugh , instead of one with a more pathetic tone , would be to play it up to a very high degree .
Have the drivers wear tutu skirts on the suits at least once and ham it up a little .
Perhaps a little toe standing and spinning would camp it up enough .

They've gotta do something , because standing beside that car with a menacing look on your face may look more than a little goofy .

Most of all , they've got to hope it doesn't drive like a pig .

A thought just occurred to me about this Aussie company that has inspired the pink - when I think "water" and "pink" and "Australia" at the same time , I think "shark infested" .
It was just an extra thought that made me smile .

Owain
16th March 2017, 18:27
Brabham tried it. Not very succesful. But I like this better than the one Force India had before

The 1992 Brabham was indeed a dreadful car, but I don't think its woeful performance was down to the pink paint job!

There's a picture somewhere of British GP winner Mansell on his victory lap with the pink Brabham that finished last in the background. Its driver was GP debutant Damon Hill.

Klinsman
16th March 2017, 22:09
The 1992 Brabham was indeed a dreadful car, but I don't think its woeful performance was down to the pink paint job!

There's a picture somewhere of British GP winner Mansell on his victory lap with the pink Brabham that finished last in the background. Its driver was GP debutant Damon Hill.
Those were the days!

That's around the time I started watching F1, when the cars were like starved caged animals and a driver finishing a GP looked like they had just sparred a few rounds with Mike Tyson.

Also you had to qualify to qualify, to which unfortunately Damon never managed to do on six occasions during that 1992 season.

Oh sorry I digress, what a lovely pink car!

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

A FONDO
19th March 2017, 09:44
Would have loved it if there were a blondie and a brunette in the cars. Now it's just inappropriate.

Klinsman
19th March 2017, 19:45
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170319/fe99785a6f02c6c3bdc80f33c52c4b79.jpg

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk