PDA

View Full Version : Testing 2017

AndyL
27th February 2017, 09:23
Winter is over, F1 cars are on track :D
At this early stage, Mercedes have pretty much doubled everyone else's lap counts, as predicted by Tazio... except for Ferrari, who are matching the Mercs for laps and even leading the time sheets. Could it be a sign of a good year for Ferrari? Possibly. Could I be reading too much into 1 hour of testing? Probably.

Koz
27th February 2017, 09:32
Could it be a sign of a good year for Ferrari?

Merc will keep sandbagging till Q3 in Australia then pull a 2.73 second gap over the Red Bull :(

Koz
27th February 2017, 09:42
http://www.skysports.com/f1/live-blog/30125/10770252/f1-testing-day-one-8211-live

Problems for McLaren.

We've only had a single lap for Fernando Alonso so far - the fewest by any driver - and we're hearing that there is an oil leak preventing the team from getting back on track.

Why am I not surprised?

Tazio
28th February 2017, 01:19
:stareup: Déjà vu all over again!

Big Ben
28th February 2017, 12:54
I wonder if Alonso is going to finish this season

Klinsman
28th February 2017, 13:17
Found myself looking for Jenson on the driver lineup yesterday, dammit!

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

AndyL
28th February 2017, 13:40
I wonder if Alonso is going to finish this season

They're changing the power unit for the second time already, and more or less propping up the timesheets. It could be a frustrating year for Fernando. Especially as this year they'll start taking penalties after 4 PU components rather than 5.

AndyL
28th February 2017, 17:00
Another good day for Ferrari, Kimi topping the timesheets and completing a ton of laps.
Mercedes are getting through a phenomenal amount of laps. Interestingly they're only mid-table on the speed trap figures. I wonder how much that engine is turned down.
Bad day for Williams, only 12 laps and an early bath due to lack of spare parts.

steveaki13
28th February 2017, 22:32
I imagine Mercedes and Ferrari are both pretty happy with how this first test is going. Engines turned down, lots of laps and fastest.

Mclaren are looking in the doldrums again

Storm
28th February 2017, 23:12
:(

Tazio
1st March 2017, 01:37
Mclaren are looking in the doldrums again McLaren are off the freakin' hook!!
They need to turn things around pronto, or I will b e very angry, because they are wasting my time, :angryfire

CNR
1st March 2017, 11:03
Force India testing a radical new clothes-hanger...
http://www.espn.com.au/f1/story/_/id/18794419/live-barcelona-test-day-three

BigWorm
1st March 2017, 13:47
What tyres did Kimi use for the fastest lap yesterday?

AndyL
1st March 2017, 14:18
What tyres did Kimi use for the fastest lap yesterday?

Softs

BigWorm
1st March 2017, 15:15
Softs

Cheers.

Now Bottas has set the fastest lap of testing on ultra-softs

Bagwan
1st March 2017, 15:20
I read a note from someone who sat at the final corner for a while who noticed Massa wasn't using DRS at all , so , while looking pretty good from a distance , was maybe looking far better from up close .

This is early testing , but , with the new formula , almost anything could happen .

Hell , Taz man , Honda could be experiencing the only problems they'll have for the whole year .

Ok , that was a stretch , but at least they are partly orange now .
That's good , isn't it ?

AndyL
1st March 2017, 15:49
Day 2 and crash 2 for young Lance Stroll. He ran off and damaged the front wing of his Williams yesterday (terminally since no replacement was available), and now he's hit the wall.

easy rider
1st March 2017, 21:56
I imagine Mercedes and Ferrari are both pretty happy with how this first test is going. Engines turned down, lots of laps and fastest.

Mclaren are looking in the doldrums again

Especially Ferrari when consideration is given to last year, during the beginning of testing for them. Gary Anderson is very complimentary towards Ferrari, especially how well planted the car seems, on entry and cornering in turns.

Owain
1st March 2017, 21:58
McLaren are off the freakin' hook!!
They need to turn things around pronto, or I will b e very angry, because they are wasting my time, :angryfire

Worst of all, they're wasting Alonso's time.

Tazio
2nd March 2017, 01:53
Worst of all, they're wasting Alonso's time.
Yep, but look at the bright side, Fred is pocketing $40,00O,000.00 a year to drive that POS!:(
Still a huge waste of talent. :angryfire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZWzWp5yPkk&feature=youtu.be

:laugh:

Tazio
2nd March 2017, 03:48
I read a note from someone who sat at the final corner for a while who noticed Massa wasn't using DRS at all , so , while looking pretty good from a distance , was maybe looking far better from up close .

This is early testing , but , with the new formula , almost anything could happen .

Hell , Taz man , Honda could be experiencing the only problems they'll have for the whole year .

Ok , that was a stretch , but at least they are partly orange now .
That's good , isn't it ?Your boy has really crashed into F1!:evil:
Felipe baby!
Cheers mate!

`

Bagwan
2nd March 2017, 22:48
Your boy has really crashed into F1!:evil:
Felipe baby!
Cheers mate!

`

Yeah , Taz , dat Canuck is a little hard on equipment .
But , ol' Hammy came out to defend him , saying these things are not easy to drive , and any rookie would be likely to struggle .

That said , though , even daddy's money can't buy him another when there's only one front wing .

Of course , though , what were they doing with only one ?
You'd think they'd maybe be either prepared for at least a minor wobble over the curbs with an extra the same , or have another configuration of it to test during the session .
It seems like a pretty primary , and often busted piece , so likely a smart one to have on hand for replacement .

You think Lonso gonna Hondo Lanco , or will he get Willied ?

Starter
3rd March 2017, 00:45
Yeah , Taz , dat Canuck is a little hard on equipment .
But , ol' Hammy came out to defend him , saying these things are not easy to drive , and any rookie would be likely to struggle .

That said , though , even daddy's money can't buy him another when there's only one front wing .

Of course , though , what were they doing with only one ?
You'd think they'd maybe be either prepared for at least a minor wobble over the curbs with an extra the same , or have another configuration of it to test during the session .
It seems like a pretty primary , and often busted piece , so likely a smart one to have on hand for replacement .

When you go to pre season testing with a new car you always have to "wing" it.

Bagwan
4th March 2017, 14:32
When you go to pre season testing with a new car you always have to "wing" it.

Ew , that was bad , Starter .

Either spells confidence in a number of ways , or speaks loudly that they are behind .
Only one configuration does say they are happy with the design , but only if there aren't four more back at the factory unfinished .

Having only one could be looked at as more embarrassing than having your rookie bust it up , especially when they kinda knew they would be running a rookie out there .

Tazio
4th March 2017, 15:33
Yeah , Taz ,
Hard to say bro, but I think that the Willie will be ahead of McLaren going to Australia, but will be overtaken with development during the season:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfqCn9AjDtk ;)

airshifter
5th March 2017, 13:23
I'm going to wait and see just how much Mercedes are sandbagging. I'd really like to see 3 or 4 cars in the running for the WDC and manufacturers titles for a change. I suspect that might not happen this year, but I remain hopeful!

AndyL
7th March 2017, 14:16
Another power unit change for McLaren. Good job there are no engine penalties in testing!

Zico
7th March 2017, 18:19
I think this year will be closer but have Ferrari really made a possible Merc challenging leap forward? I still think Merc will have a fair bit in reserve and we haven't really seen the best of Red Bull either.

A 3 team battle for the championship would be nice but when was the last time that happened?

easy rider
7th March 2017, 21:58
A two or three way battle for the championship, and looks as it there is a possibility of that happening in 2017. Hamilton already is saying so far that Ferrari is ahead during testing.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/128400/hamilton-ferrari-is-favourite-for-f1-2017

AndyL
8th March 2017, 09:16
Massa clocked up 168 laps yesterday, including the fastest lap of the day. I guess the old guy is not quite ready to draw his pension yet.

Tazio
9th March 2017, 01:53
Felipe baby! :angel:

Storm
9th March 2017, 18:28
Vettel did 150+ laps and fastest lap too. I still take this pace with a ton of salt.
We'll only find out in AUS qualifying if Ferrari have finally got their s**t together

On the other hand, McLaren are truly stuffed. 40 odd laps and another engine issue I think

easy rider
9th March 2017, 22:14
Vettel clearly identified as sandbagging, which had some wondering what he would have done, if he had unleashed the SF70H today.

A FONDO
10th March 2017, 11:21
https://hasmclarenbrokendown.com/

zako85
10th March 2017, 12:49
Now that Rosberg has retired, I was looking very skeptically at the 2017 season. But since the early testing data suggests that Ferrari could take the fight to Mercedes-Hamilton, I think there is still a hope for having an interesting season.