PDA

View Full Version : Rally Italia Sardinia 2017

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Duvel
7th February 2017, 16:21
Looking forward to my first of 3 WRC events of 2017.

Anyone know how the intenary wil look like.
Service in Alghero as it was past years, wich is good. But where (regions) will the stages be on Friday saturday and sunday?
When we can see a rally guide for this one?

http://www.rallyitaliasardegna.com/ site still in 2016 mode... wile Germany has intenary in place.

Al info welcome!

AL14
7th February 2017, 17:51
Actually there hasn't been any official announcement about the rally being held...

ACI's president was mad against the region institution because of money... (region has always paid 1million, and ACI started asking 1,5 because they need 4 to organize everything).
ACI's president some month ago, after being refused to get 1,5 millions, clearly said at press that the event would never be run in Sardinia again. That he would have find an agreement with 2-3 other regions in the mainland.
Nothing of this has happened so the rally should be held in Sardinia again 90%, but actually no official announcement has been released.

I've bought the flight by the way (because it was only 20€, a nice offer), I think they will do it at the end.

Anyway ACI has less money also because it has paid a lot to keep Monza GP in F1. Damn F1.

Duvel
7th February 2017, 19:37
Actually there hasn't been any official announcement about the rally being held...

ACI's president was mad against the region institution because of money... (region has always paid 1million, and ACI started asking 1,5 because they need 4 to organize everything).
ACI's president some month ago, after being refused to get 1,5 millions, clearly said at press that the event would never be run in Sardinia again. That he would have find an agreement with 2-3 other regions in the mainland.
Nothing of this has happened so the rally should be held in Sardinia again 90%, but actually no official announcement has been released.

I've bought the flight by the way (because it was only 20€, a nice offer), I think they will do it at the end.

Anyway ACI has less money also because it has paid a lot to keep Monza GP in F1. Damn F1.

What? Would be very unplesant if the rally wouldnt take place. Flights, car, hotel, everything booked...
Keep us updated please.

Now i think about it, one hotel send me back they were fully booked due to the rally, that must mean teams think its ok, i hope

AL14
7th February 2017, 20:01
If you look for it you won't find any Press release. At least as far as I know.
Anyway I would not be worried about it. Me too I've bought flight tickets. :)

Mintexmemory
7th February 2017, 23:08
I have my flight tickets too!! I need my filu e ferru fix!!

AL14
7th February 2017, 23:42
I have my flight tickets too!! I need my filu e ferru fix!!

I have to offer you mirto since 2015 :D I will have it this year as well! :beer:

Mintexmemory
8th February 2017, 11:28
Yes we must do it - Service Park after shakedown. Just wonder if we were close on the stages in 2015?
My locations are in the following flickr albums:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/74mex/albums/72157654564100876
https://www.flickr.com/photos/74mex/albums/72157654568050200
https://www.flickr.com/photos/74mex/albums/72157660227187430

AL14
8th February 2017, 23:04
Yes we must do it - Service Park after shakedown. Just wonder if we were close on the stages in 2015?
My locations are in the following flickr albums:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/74mex/albums/72157654564100876
https://www.flickr.com/photos/74mex/albums/72157654568050200
https://www.flickr.com/photos/74mex/albums/72157660227187430

Wasn't in those specific places but maybe the same stages. I've been at SS7 Is Arenas I hope you were there as well. In my opinion one of the best stages of WRC that year. Pity they didn't repeat it.

AL14
9th February 2017, 08:44
Rumours about a come back to Terranova and Monte Olia on friday. Same area as day1 2014 (and I guess other previous years as well).

Mintexmemory
9th February 2017, 10:24
Yes lots of photos from the first set at SS7 - beautiful backdrop of the sea where we were standing. Would recommend that as a great stage. Coiluna is my favourite place, though. Good news that Terranova might be back, was there in 2011.

AL14
9th February 2017, 11:46
http://www.rallyitaliasardegna.com/en/news/rally-itutm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

There we are.
On thursday night, service park at Olbia (and I will be there :) ). On friday, as I anticipated, Gallura's stages Terranova and Monte Olia will be back!
On saturday "classical" stages like monte di ala and monte lerno (only 29km this year) and Coiluna Loelle (only 14km and will be live in TV).
Sunday like last year.

Total 19 stages for 320 competitive kms

Mintexmemory
9th February 2017, 16:15
I'll be there 6-13 June (on the beach some of the time)

AL14
9th February 2017, 16:50
I'll be there 6-13 June (on the beach MOST* of the time)

Fixed for you :D

Mintexmemory
9th February 2017, 19:40
Fixed for you :D

Sunbathing on the stages too!! ... and admiring the scenery!

OzoneVibe
5th March 2017, 21:21
So - can someone explain these "new" (to me, at least) "Gold Passes"?
http://www.rallyitaliasardegna.com/en/gold-pass/
I was at Rally Sardegna in 2012 and 2014, and I don't recall any ticketing.
Are they "worth it" ... a very subjective thing, I realise - but, if they existed in 2016, or 2015, does anyone have any experience of using them?
Thanks!

Franky
5th March 2017, 21:34
Think of it as a VIP pass.

Mintexmemory
24th April 2017, 12:42
Does anyone want to join me and 1 other friend for the Rally d'Italia - 6th - 13th June. We're flying in to Olbia so could rendezvous there or pick up from Alghero and take back there Wednesday - Monday. Sharing cost of apartment, car and meals. PM me if interested

cmac
26th April 2017, 16:30
Does anyone know if there is any onboards from the terranova stage from previous runs of this stage?

Mirek
26th April 2017, 17:14
This is one from 2010 edition. Sadly I'm not able to tell You how much different the 2017 is except that 2017 is obviously longer. Maybe You can find maps from 2010 and compare them to see if the onboard is useful.

https://www.mediasport.cz/rally/ceske-rally/onboardy/978.html

Mintexmemory
29th April 2017, 09:09
Does anyone want to join me and 1 other friend for the Rally d'Italia - 6th - 13th June. We're flying in to Olbia so could rendezvous there or pick up from Alghero and take back there Wednesday - Monday. Sharing cost of apartment, car and meals. PM me if interested

Bump

AL14
29th April 2017, 09:11
Does anyone know if there is any onboards from the terranova stage from previous runs of this stage?

There should be one of Kubuica of 2014 but I didn't check if the road is actually the same.

Duvel
30th April 2017, 11:12
Will there be a guide to the stage's online, as it used to be?

jbmarcus21
10th May 2017, 09:11
Google Earth Map Wrc Sardegna 2017 is online → http://bit.ly/2kw2E24

Mintexmemory
10th May 2017, 14:57
Very hard to fit more than 2 stages per day given the geography and the position of good spectating areas. Might try 2/5/6/9 on the Friday!

Mintexmemory
15th May 2017, 13:12
Ok -my provisional itinerary is:
Thursday: Shakedown, Service Park seeing cars out and back from SSS1 (Ittiri Arena is just too overcrowded with locals)
Friday: Attempt to do Terranova/Tergu-Osilo both morning and afternoon
Saturday: Coiluna (stage end) / Monti di Ala / Coiluna (jump)
Sunday: Cala Flumini 1 & 2 then off to service
Monday: Beach!

AL14
15th May 2017, 16:43
Ok -my provisional itinerary is:
Thursday: Shakedown, Service Park seeing cars out and back from SSS1 (Ittiri Arena is just too overcrowded with locals)
Friday: Attempt to do Terranova/Tergu-Osilo both morning and afternoon
Saturday: Coiluna (stage end) / Monti di Ala / Coiluna (jump)
Sunday: Cala Flumini 1 & 2 then off to service
Monday: Beach!

Monday: Bitch* :D

I think I will take it easy: service park at Olbia on thursday night, then only Terranova on friday where, if phone will take signal I will go live on Facebook with rally.it (so follow that page on FB!)
On Saturday I have to chose... Isn't it possible to see monti di ala/monte lerno twice each?
I have to watch the maps yet...

cmac
15th May 2017, 17:30
I see they have put up videos of the stages but are password protected, does anyone know the password?

AnttiL
15th May 2017, 17:49
The rally website says entry list should be ready by Thursday, if FIA is done approving it.

tommeke_B
16th May 2017, 09:11
Monday: Bitch* :D

I think I will take it easy: service park at Olbia on thursday night, then only Terranova on friday where, if phone will take signal I will go live on Facebook with rally.it (so follow that page on FB!)
On Saturday I have to chose... Isn't it possible to see monti di ala/monte lerno twice each?
I have to watch the maps yet...
Finding decent phone signal on Terranova... Good luck! :D

AL14
16th May 2017, 13:42
Finding decent phone signal on Terranova... Good luck! :D

I didn't see the itinerary, if it is like 2014 I agree it's nearly impossible

AnttiL
19th May 2017, 09:18
http://www.rallyitaliasardegna.com/en/news/55-equipaggi-al-via-del-rally-italia-sardegna-2017/

Again I'm using computer translating, but it seems we have all the 3 basic entries from all WRC teams and then Østberg. Mikkelsen drives a Skoda R5 again, other notable WRC2 entries are Kopecy, Veiby, Loubet and Andolfi, so it should not be that difficult for Andreas to take another 25 points. In WRC Trophy, Prokop and Al-Rajhi with Fiestas and Raoux with DS3.

tolis
19th May 2017, 18:50
Entry list is out: https://ewrc-results.com/startlist.php?e=36018&t=rally-italia-sardegna-2017

AnttiL
19th May 2017, 21:42
82 Liceri Paolo Ford Fiesta RS WRC

hari
23rd May 2017, 08:55
Mikkelsen in C3 WRC - replacing Lefebrve!

drive
23rd May 2017, 08:55
Citroën Racing‏ @CitroenRacing 1m1 minute ago
More
📣 @AMikkelsenRally will drive a @Citroen #C3WRC at @Rally_d_Italia! More news ➡️ http://bit.ly/2qK9Yub #WRC #RallyItalia

GigiGalliNo1
23rd May 2017, 08:56
https://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=no&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.parcferme.no%2Fnyheter%2Fandrea s-setter-franskmann-p-sidelinjen-hos-citron

GigiGalliNo1
23rd May 2017, 08:57
Yves Matton, Citroën Racing Team Principal
"After the first six rounds of the season, it would appear that the Citroën Total Abu Dhabi WRT's results have fallen a little short of the targets set at the start of the year. At the same time, Andreas Mikkelsen has been actively looking for a drive in the WRC's top category. We have therefore come to an agreement for him to compete at Rally Italia Sardegna in one of our C3 WRCs. I think I can say that we are all delighted with this opportunity! Andreas has a fair amount of experience at this rally, which is not the case for us since the Abu Dhabi Total WRT didn't compete in Sardinia last year. Given his limited preparation, Andreas won't have a specific target for the rally. We'll be just looking for him to drive at a pace that is consistent with how comfortable he feels in the car. We would like to thank the FIA and Skoda Motorsport for agreeing to this change and Stéphane Lefebvre, who is giving up his place on this rally.

This is not a sanction of any kind, nor does it call into question our investment in the young drivers. The decision is merely intended to maximise Citroën's chances. Stéphane accepted that it was necessary to put the team first in this case; he will still be in Sardinia to take part in recce and will then be competing at Rally Poland." Andreas Mikkelsen "It's an open secret that I have been looking for a solution to keep competing in the top category of the WRC since the end of the 2016 season. I'm therefore very happy to be joining the Citroën Total Abu Dhabi WRT at Rally Italia Sardegna. Citroën has an impressive competitive record in the WRC and I'm delighted to be able to work with a team like this.

In winning the season's opening gravel rally, the Citroën C3 WRC has shown it has potential and it seems to be making regular progress. I can't wait to get my bearings in testing and then start working on preparing for the rally. I'll no doubt be short of running time in the car at the start, but the main thing for me is to be back racing in the leading category in a strong team. I would like to thank everyone who has worked to make this opportunity possible."

AnttiL
23rd May 2017, 08:58
Awesome news, great to see how his pace is in a WRC2017 car

Andre Oliveira
23rd May 2017, 09:09
Meeke will be with tremendous pressure

KKS
23rd May 2017, 09:36
Meeke will be with tremendous pressure
Look at his face at SSS1 at Portugal! He already knew that Mikkelsen will be on C3. And I guess that something decided more behind closed doors and Meeke knew that too.

AnttiL
23rd May 2017, 09:40
Look at his face at SSS1 at Portugal! He already knew that Mikkelsen will be on C3. And I guess that something decided more behind closed doors and Meeke knew that too.

I'm pretty sure they decided it after the disastrous Rally Portugal of Lefebvre. He was the slowest works WRC on every forest stage (not counting technical problems, punctures, crashes of others etc) and still the first to crash his car. At least Meeke was leading the rally before crashing out.

Mintexmemory
23rd May 2017, 09:49
Well this will make the trip extra interesting - has there ever been as many possible winners of a WRC event since before GP B?
1 space still available with our gang - 6-13 June, staying at Porto Torres.
I think this could finally be the Tanak win location!

jacko
23rd May 2017, 10:04
Yves Matton, Citroën Racing Team Principal
This is not a sanction of any kind, nor does it call into question our investment in the young drivers. The decision is merely intended to maximise Citroën's chances. Stéphane accepted that it was necessary to put the team first in this case; he will still be in Sardinia to take part in recce and will then be competing at Rally Poland." Andreas Mikkelsen "It's an open secret that I have been looking for a solution to keep competing in the top category of the WRC since the end of the 2016 season. I'm therefore very happy to be joining the Citroën Total Abu Dhabi WRT at Rally Italia Sardegna. Citroën has an impressive competitive record in the WRC and I'm delighted to be able to work with a team like this.

Well, a bit suprise (or is it a sign) there's not even a DS3 WRC or a R5 for Lefebvre in Sardinia. I think with Poland and Finland comming up Mikkelsen will stay with Citroën. Or he must have a big accident in the first stage, than there's a escape for Citroën to hire him for more rallies this year. But in the end i think, for sure with a eye on 2018, Mikkelsen is the best option besides Meeke and Breen, than they have a very competitive team.

Simmi
23rd May 2017, 10:32
1 space still available with our gang - 6-13 June, staying at Porto Torres.

Aaargh I'd really love to do Sardinia. It just falls too close to Le Mans and it's a stretch to book it off work.

Mintexmemory
23rd May 2017, 10:56
Aaargh I'd really love to do Sardinia. It just falls too close to Le Mans and it's a stretch to book it off work.
Never mind I'll post lots of pics (mwaa ha ha).
Nothing next year for me as getting married so spare cash will be honeymoon allocated!

dimviii
23rd May 2017, 12:07
interesting (nice) news!!
Lets see how Mikkelsen will drive.

AL14
24th May 2017, 11:17
first stages are at 7:30 I'm not more in the age to sleep that few time!

Jesus christ... First passes will not be anyone :(

Mintexmemory
24th May 2017, 11:47
Only way to see Monte Di Ala and Monte Lerno is to take the road from Budduso to near the wind farm and walk about 5km into M Di A stage where the 2 stages are 500 metres apart - should be able to see the first 12 cars on SS 11 /14 then all the field at SS 12 /15. Does mean missing Coiluna though. At least we won't be on the stages until 2100 hrs this year!

MartijnS
24th May 2017, 11:51
I think we did that a few years ago, was not a bad day but not the best part of stages around that area. Some nice cateringstand of a local guy with cold drinks and nice food though.

Mintexmemory
24th May 2017, 12:07
I think we did that a few years ago, was not a bad day but not the best part of stages around that area. Some nice cateringstand of a local guy with cold drinks and nice food though.

Cheers for that - we enjoyed the catering at the big jump on Coiluna in 2015 so maybe morning on the mountain then Coiluna in the afternoon.

RS
24th May 2017, 14:25
Well, a bit suprise (or is it a sign) there's not even a DS3 WRC or a R5 for Lefebvre in Sardinia.

It looks like it was very last minute as Mikkelsen was already on the entry list for Skoda.

I wonder whether they will upgrade Veiby to the works team or whether Tidemand will drive instead?

AL14
24th May 2017, 15:42
Only way to see Monte Di Ala and Monte Lerno is to take the road from Budduso to near the wind farm and walk about 5km into M Di A stage where the 2 stages are 500 metres apart.

I did that in 2015. At the end of the day I counted 27km walked, half of them among brushes, brambles and thorns. It really put my rally passion to test :) . Still it was totally worth it because I saw 4 passes in one day and they are still the best I've never seen in all the rallys I've been at.

Anyway, I wanted to avoid all that effort this year, I could go to Loiluna for the first time and just stay there for the second pass. I have to decide yet. The fact that I have to get up at 5:30 the day before is going to be a factor.

Myrvold
24th May 2017, 22:00
I wonder whether they will upgrade Veiby to the works team or whether Tidemand will drive instead?

If any upgrades are made, that will be Veiby I guess. Even though it would be an easy win for Tidemand, I it already being decided that the last non obligatory event for him will be Australia.

er88
25th May 2017, 05:29
Never mind I'll post lots of pics (mwaa ha ha).
Nothing next year for me as getting married so spare cash will be honeymoon allocated!
Congratulations / commiserations ;)

Mintexmemory
25th May 2017, 18:20
Congratulations / commiserations ;)

Ha ha - second time around for me! As Dr Johnson said 'the triumph of hope over experience!'

itix
25th May 2017, 23:18
Ha ha - second time around for me! As Dr Johnson said 'the triumph of hope over experience!'

Your footer is a bit ironic these days... Don't get me wrong, I like Meeke a lot but he is not exactly on fire, now is he?

Mintexmemory
26th May 2017, 10:48
Your footer is a bit ironic these days... Don't get me wrong, I like Meeke a lot but he is not exactly on fire, now is he?

Indeed - a remainder from Finland last year. If you look hard at the service park arrival you'll see where I grafittied the slogan on the Citroen fence banner. Japanese video maker didn't get the reference (Euro 16 Irish chant).
However, I wouldn't be surprised if Kris puts Mikkelsen in his place!

AnttiL
26th May 2017, 11:45
I'd love to see Paddon or Tänak finally get rid of their bad luck and get a win or at least a podium. Ogier and Neuville will be strong but they will lose some time on the opening day. Latvala's pace should be correct by what we saw in Portugal. How does DMack work in Sardinia, what's the pace of Evans and Østberg? Will Sordo make another steady run and pick a podium many enough before him fails? Mikkelsen and Lappi have still learning the car and Breen learning the event. Meeke is a total question mark and Hänninen will probably continue his own steady sunday drive pace.

Florin
28th May 2017, 10:38
Hello,i search for good stage for pictures ,any recomandation for Friday?saturday,sunday?watersplash ?any recomandation?thank you

KiwiWRCfan
28th May 2017, 21:49
Hello,i search for good stage for pictures ,any recomandation for Friday?saturday,sunday?watersplash ?any recomandation?thank you
Have a read of this https://motorsport.hyundai.com/mcklein-rally-tips-rally-italia-sardegna-2017/

Florin
29th May 2017, 17:29
Have a read of this https://motorsport.hyundai.com/mcklein-rally-tips-rally-italia-sardegna-2017/

Thank you!!!

AL14
30th May 2017, 17:43
I heard that Ogier is eating tipical sardinian food with local these days (I assume it's there for testing purposes).
I really like his attitude with fans and people.

AnttiL
2nd June 2017, 11:22
https://toyotagazooracing.com/release/2017/wrc/rd07-preview.html

Toyota Gazoo Racing's preview press release.

Luijbregts
2nd June 2017, 14:38
After Andreas Mikkelsen's tests I do believe he will be a front runner in
italy from day 1 considering his starting position. Damn he looked quick in that car!

Watson
2nd June 2017, 19:16
With the start of the rally one week away, does anyone care to do some guesswork with me?

This tough and tricky event probably favours the guys who can hold their horses. I assume Ogier, Neuville and Sordo will be very strong. I also expect strong results from Latvala, Breen and Evans if nothing goes wrong for them.

I have my doubts about Tanak because he favours faster rallies. Paddon could be quick but he still has the devil on his back, not to mention Meeke and Hanninen.

Lappi and Mikkelsen could be dark horses if others mess up, yet I think they won't go too hard too early.

Østberg has been showing glimpses of good speed but the lack of factory support clearly always hampers him.

Edit: Could I be any more vague? Probably not but it is so hard to call anything this season :D

AnttiL
2nd June 2017, 20:25
With the start of the rally one week away, does anyone care to do some guesswork with me?

This tough and tricky event probably favours the guys who can hold their horses. I assume Ogier, Neuville and Sordo will be very strong. I also expect strong results from Latvala, Breen and Evans if nothing goes wrong for them.

I have my doubts about Tanak because he favours faster rallies. Paddon could be quick but he still has the devil on his back, not to mention Meeke and Hanninen.

Lappi and Mikkelsen could be dark horses if others mess up, yet I think they won't go too hard too early.

Østberg has been showing glimpses of good speed but the lack of factory support clearly always hampers him.

Edit: Could I be any more vague? Probably not but it is so hard to call anything this season :D

I already did my speculations last week:

I'd love to see Paddon or Tänak finally get rid of their bad luck and get a win or at least a podium. Ogier and Neuville will be strong but they will lose some time on the opening day. Latvala's pace should be correct by what we saw in Portugal. How does DMack work in Sardinia, what's the pace of Evans and Østberg? Will Sordo make another steady run and pick a podium many enough before him fails? Mikkelsen and Lappi have still learning the car and Breen learning the event. Meeke is a total question mark and Hänninen will probably continue his own steady sunday drive pace.

stefanvv
2nd June 2017, 21:14
Meeke will win this... if he doesn't meet a rock.

mknight
2nd June 2017, 21:21
Meeke will win this... if he doesn't meet a rock.

Given that he has met a rock in 4 out of 6 rallies.... this makes his win chance 33%.

So you actually wanted to say that won't win?

stefanvv
2nd June 2017, 21:35
Given that he has met a rock in 4 out of 6 rallies.... this makes his win chance 33%.

So you actually wanted to say that won't win?

I'm just expecting good and enjoying rally.

BigWorm
2nd June 2017, 22:21
Time for the rise of Tänak I think. 4th on the road should give him opportunities to push. Meeke will crash... Paddon's power steering will fail...while Tänak will be there to cruise home.

Mintexmemory
2nd June 2017, 23:32
Tanak was hugely quick in S2000 in 2011 but Ogier is always quick in Sarde - DS3, Skoda or Polo. Jari Matti has always looked slower in this rally as he always has set up problems. Expect Evans to go well. Flight in 3 days time wooo hoo!

EstWRC
3rd June 2017, 00:08
yeah for a slower rally Tänak has a great record here, 7th with S2000 in 2011, got his first WRC podium, 3rd in 2015 before gearbox failure and 5th last year with Dmacks, even got an stage win.

This season is so unpredictable that i cant think what will happen other than the back starters will have a huge advantage on day one. So i think Mikkelsen, Meeke and Paddon will be in TOP3 after day one. Dmack have said that this rally is their best chance for a win again. We will see, they were brought back to earth a little in portugal. Ogier, Neuville, Latvala and Tänak will be fast anyway.

But who wins and who are in the TOP3 on final day? no idea and i like it.

Watson
3rd June 2017, 00:53
Basically Tanak has got three rallies in front of him that he could win with the sheer speed he has in the bag. It sounds so easy when you say it... he just has to keep his nerve and stay at 95% attack and edge away from Ogier and Neuville at a steady pace and see it out (I can't see Meeke not messing it up).

But he really has to stay on top of it and and keep his calm.

EstWRC
3rd June 2017, 01:00
heh, like you say, it sounds easy but it isnt.

er88
3rd June 2017, 01:37
IMO Tanak needs to win one of the next 3 events, which are rallies that he's either gone well on in the past or that suit him. About time he won a rally and backs up the talent he has. He can't go into 2018 and have a realistic pop at the championship if he still hasn't been able to get over the line in a single rally. I hope he can do it, once he gets the first win in the bag a lot more should follow, despite how competitive the WRC has quickly become again.

On most rallies in the championship, you'd now say any one of Seb, Neuville, Meeke, Jari and Andreas (obviously if he's in a 2017 car) can realistically win. Tanak should be in that bracket as well and Paddon was, but has to work to regain his mojo like Thierry did last year. We even have Evans progressing a lot now and he was seconds away from becoming a wrc winner too, so it's great to see the strength in depth we have in the WRC field again

steve.mandzij
3rd June 2017, 01:47
My pick for the win is either Latvala, Neuville or Tanak, Paddon trailing in second.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mintexmemory
3rd June 2017, 04:37
My pick for the win is either Latvala, Neuville or Tanak, Paddon trailing in second.

So despite the evidence to the contrary you don't see Ogier on the podium. I don't see Latvala beating him if they both avoid trouble.

steve.mandzij
3rd June 2017, 05:04
So despite the evidence to the contrary you don't see Ogier on the podium. I don't see Latvala beating him if they both avoid trouble.

I only down to second. However, now that your tell me, I think I'll add Ogier to the win prediction. With how things are going a four way, a three manufacturer, four driver battle for first seems completely logical to predict.

Rallyper
3rd June 2017, 09:31
I think Latvala is the man. With Tanak, Neuville, Paddon and Mikkelsen also in the top five. Ogier hits his first DNF. Must come sooner or later.

spiderem
3rd June 2017, 13:29
is anyone else wondering what is happening with the pickems results of the last 2 rally? or am i just the only one?

very hard to predict top 5 of each rallys now :)

My faith is on Tanak still, as said above he really needs to get a win soon otherwise...

Mintexmemory
3rd June 2017, 14:15
is anyone else wondering what is happening with the pickems results of the last 2 rally? or am i just the only one?

very hard to predict top 5 of each rallys now :)

My faith is on Tanak still, as said above he really needs to get a win soon otherwise...

Dupanton will come through but as I know keeping on top of Pickems is hard. Just keep going and wait for the summer break!

mknight
3rd June 2017, 16:35
I'll start by listing those that I don't think will win:

Meeke - didn't drive last year, bad record from previous years, has relatively careless driving which is a problem on these kind of roads
Ogier - road cleaning likely to cost him too much on first day
Mikkelsen - too little time in car, bad record in Sardinia
Paddon - bit off the pace this year after Monte, still didn't have a consistent run

Neutral:
Tanak - good record in Sardinia and good road position, however, likely disadvantaged by diff/setup (ref. comments to est. media)

That leaves Neuville and Latvala as win candidates.

Off course with this tight season almost anything can happen. Kept out DMACK cause Portugal worked as a reality check, Argentina was quite cold gravel rally.

AnttiL
3rd June 2017, 19:42
I'd say wait for the following faster rallies for possible Tänak or Paddon win, Sardinia is a technical rally which will be taken by the leading trio, who have a lot of experience from the rally, and who know when to watch out and when to go flat out.

Mintexmemory
3rd June 2017, 22:33
Does anyone get the feeling that marshals will try to prevent anyone accessing any opart of a stage that isn't a spectator zone?

Rallyper
4th June 2017, 10:12
Yes. For sure. It happens in Sweden and in Finland all the time. But I use to keep walking, in Finland saying "Ei Suomalainen" ... :)

AnttiL
4th June 2017, 10:19
ATM the weather forecast is all dry and quite hot for the weekend

tommeke_B
4th June 2017, 10:33
Does anyone get the feeling that marshals will try to prevent anyone accessing any opart of a stage that isn't a spectator zone?
Are you talking about one event in particular? Personally I haven't seen safety measures becoming much more strict during the last 10 years, sometimes it's even the opposite. On some events like Sweden and Sardinia marshalls seem to trust that people have some common sense. On other events like Finland, you must "get off the road" even nearly an hour before the stage starts. In Germany (and the almost forgotten France-Alsace) it's true that pretty much every place apart from public areas is forbidden to be, that's the main reason why I'm not visiting the German round anymore, despite it's only a 3-and-a-half hour drive.

Mintexmemory
4th June 2017, 11:53
Are you talking about one event in particular? Personally I haven't seen safety measures becoming much more strict during the last 10 years, sometimes it's even the opposite. On some events like Sweden and Sardinia marshalls seem to trust that people have some common sense. On other events like Finland, you must "get off the road" even nearly an hour before the stage starts. In Germany (and the almost forgotten France-Alsace) it's true that pretty much every place apart from public areas is forbidden to be, that's the main reason why I'm not visiting the German round anymore, despite it's only a 3-and-a-half hour drive.

Sorry guys I mistakenly posted this query in Crystal Ball Time when it should have been in the Rally d'Italia thread.
Movement to Sardinia thread at Synday 1306 CET!!!

AnttiL
4th June 2017, 13:24
CITROËN DRIVERS KRIS MEEKE AND CRAIG BREEN HAVE WELCOMED THE ARRIVAL OF ANDREAS MIKKELSEN AS THE MANUFACTURER SEEKS TO GET ITS CHAMPIONSHIP CHALLENGE BACK ON TRACK.
The former Volkswagen star has been drafted into the Citroën Total Abu Dhabi squad for Rally Italia Sardegna (8-11 June) in a bid to turn around a miserable first half of the season.

Team-leader Meeke won the WRC's third round in Mexico, but has failed to score any points from the last three rallies. The Northern Irishman said he was "fully focused on getting back onto the positive trend" in Sardinia and had high hopes for Mikkelsen's arrival.

"I think it's a good thing to have Andreas in the team. He brings valuable experience and he has the potential to win rallies. We'll work together to ensure Citroën wins," he said.

Seventh in the drivers' standings, Breen is the team's highest ranked driver. "I'd like to say welcome to Andreas; we don't know each other very well at the moment, but I'm looking forward to working with him!" he said.

The arrival of Mikkelsen and co-driver Anders Jæger in the team has been one the most talked-about developments ahead of the rally.

But team boss Yves Matton warned against expecting too much from his new recruit, who drove the C3 WRC for one day in the south of France last week.

"Obviously, the fact that Andreas is competing at this event for us has caused a lot of excitement and expectation. But after just one day of testing, it is impossible for him to know the C3 WRC inside out. He will therefore be free to race according to his feeling in the car and adapt his pace accordingly," Matton explained.

"We have decided to keep the same modest goals for this rally: we have asked our crews to ensure two cars to finish in the top five."

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/may-2017/citroen-welcomes-mikkelsen/page/4583--12-12-.html

cmac
4th June 2017, 21:55
Is there an historic or national rally running after the wrc as last year?

RS
5th June 2017, 05:48
So who gets the spare Skoda or will they just run one car?

Scandola would have been a good choice.

tommeke_B
5th June 2017, 07:27
So who gets the spare Skoda or will they just run one car?

Scandola would have been a good choice.

Well, nobody else was entered, so nobody will get the spare Skoda... ;)

Mintexmemory
5th June 2017, 09:00
No sign of any other event running alongside WRC. There is the Bugatti gathering in Alghero.
The shakedown route shown on Rally Maps site (and referred to in the McKlein tips on Hyundai's site) is substantially different to that published on the Official site. I presume that's correct, if so it make access easier round the side of the bauxite quarry.

tommeke_B
5th June 2017, 10:16
The shakedown has been changed indeed. You can find it in one of the bulletins on the website of the rally (http://www.rallyitaliasardegna.com/en/?download_file=13447), the spectator map on their site is also correct.

Mintexmemory
5th June 2017, 11:22
The shakedown has been changed indeed. You can find it in one of the bulletins on the website of the rally (http://www.rallyitaliasardegna.com/en/?download_file=13447), the spectator map on their site is also correct.

Thanks - flying tomorrow!

AL14
5th June 2017, 11:23
This year it is not allowed to walk in the stage 30 minutes before the start of the stage.

EstWRC
5th June 2017, 11:42
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBiiEnvXgAAj_OI.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBiiFPaXkAEdh8c.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBfCIA9XoAApMUx.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBdQjYzXcAARMny.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBaUtLOW0AEZNBN.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBaUtKKXgAE5nHh.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBaUtKKXoAAiJ0h.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBaQtkEXsAAl5d1.jpg

EstWRC
5th June 2017, 12:04
doesnt look good for dmack

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBjKtzrXkAAGB-e.jpg

Fitz
5th June 2017, 13:11
We're here just now eating out in the old town but it's been raining earlier & still overcast.
Thinking about shakedown & Ss1 on Thursday but as first timers to here in Sardinia not sure of Friday's best plan ?

We're within 500m of the service park which is sort of cool.

dimviii
5th June 2017, 13:55
Waiting for you at Rome flight to Sardinia! Begins the week of rally! Let's go!! @krismeeke @MarcMartiWRC

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBjxq1zXYAAJyCi.jpg

EstWRC
5th June 2017, 14:26
does Sordo ever age?

dimviii
5th June 2017, 14:42
he is 34 years old

Franky
5th June 2017, 15:31
does Sordo ever age?

Here you go - https://worldrallyfever.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/sordosainz1.jpg

Mintexmemory
5th June 2017, 16:55
We're here just now eating out in the old town but it's been raining earlier & still overcast.
Thinking about shakedown & Ss1 on Thursday but as first timers to here in Sardinia not sure of Friday's best plan ?

We're within 500m of the service park which is sort of cool.
Friday you have 2 options - select a stage and change your position between the 2 loops or try the stage 2/5 /6/ 9 dash back and forth. Beginning to think that quality is better than quantity as walking along from access points may be difficult

Fast Eddie WRC
5th June 2017, 19:35
Østberg is back on Michelin tyres for Sardinia.

AnttiL
5th June 2017, 20:42
So will there soon be a rule to forbid private teams to change tyre brand mid-season? :p

EstWRC
5th June 2017, 20:46
Here you go - https://worldrallyfever.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/sordosainz1.jpg

he looks older here actually :p

Franky
5th June 2017, 21:42
he looks older here actually :p

That's Carlos! :D

Fitz
6th June 2017, 09:16
Friday you have 2 options - select a stage and change your position between the 2 loops or try the stage 2/5 /6/ 9 dash back and forth. Beginning to think that quality is better than quantity as walking along from access points may be difficult

Thanks.
I think it'll be shakedown & Itirri ss1.
Friday ss5 then 7 & back for service in.
Might be different if it was me & I had a bike but the chances of getting my other half up any earlier will be non existent.
Saturday we fly but I think I'll head along for parc ferme out at 5am.

Mintexmemory
6th June 2017, 10:10
Thanks.
I think it'll be shakedown & Itirri ss1.
Friday ss5 then 7 & back for service in.
Might be different if it was me & I had a bike but the chances of getting my other half up any earlier will be non existent.
Saturday we fly but I think I'll head along for parc ferme out at 5am.

If going to Ittiri and you want a decent viewpoint go at least 2 hours early. It's right next to the town so all the locals come out as it's a free show - we're probably going to give it a miss this year.

Fast Eddie WRC
6th June 2017, 12:02
Ogier & Neuville comments...

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/june-2017/ogier-neuville-italy/page/4587--12-12-.html

OzoneVibe
6th June 2017, 12:29
Are there any stage, and stage access, kml/kmz/gpx ... as there have been in previous years?
Thanks!

dimviii
6th June 2017, 14:46
hahaha

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBoQSOHXkAAQdnJ.jpg

AL14
6th June 2017, 16:50
End of Terranova (Ss2-6).
Not so good to spectate, not so easy to drive, fast and flowing but really narrow and tight, and slippery I guess.
Also the end of Monte Olia is not wonderful, I will go to the start of that stage but I think Tula and Tergu Osilo should be the stages to watch on Friday. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170606/3bd4e27e636d301b0f4a60be4ec5ade2.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170606/6f0e668cd165bd79a910eb2912464bf8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170606/40d40bf8897f596aec87b0a7110be133.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170606/20b050445acd1012e820682c6ef210ec.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170606/973695727e27ab45985f70ec0934e129.jpg

Fitz
6th June 2017, 18:45
Thanks for the Itirri advice.
Shakedown, SS1&SS5.
Likely go somewhere between after Ss5 to keep gf happy & hope to return for Ss9.
Just need to figure out when shakedown runs ?

CWJ
6th June 2017, 18:55
Are there any stage, and stage access, kml/kmz/gpx ... as there have been in previous years?
Thanks!

https://www.rallyekarte.de/Rally-d-Italia-Sardegna-2017

dimviii
6th June 2017, 19:27
Traxx - WR is Free‏*@Traxx_WiF

In Sardinia, Esapekka Lappi will test new parts on the Yaris WRC and will collect data for the http://bit.ly/2qTE5Ng* team

dimviii
7th June 2017, 17:27
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBu0-oKW0AAYoQ0.jpg

ExtremeShox for Hyundai

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBtKohoXcAAmro2.jpg

AnttiL
7th June 2017, 19:04
So, this time the super special's not televised?

dimviii
7th June 2017, 19:28
http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_06_2017/post-0-0-21523200-1496854610.jpg

EstWRC
7th June 2017, 20:00
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18922572_778200415684637_8761414073095946557_o.jpg ?oh=7f19049165d35cf5d6c39d52f7a46191&oe=59E1F55A
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/19025120_778200685684610_7227424678628411288_o.jpg ?oh=3c7ad14e472186530e357e70901b7190&oe=599E070A
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18891868_778201505684528_6192020601041323693_o.jpg ?oh=9f11c06ced28b5f171f4d33ea111ed6f&oe=59D96E32
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18953451_778203009017711_7073570162029804224_o.jpg ?oh=6f0eadcdd46ef6c54f812a9ccc224571&oe=59A9E7C3
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18954996_778203119017700_5940712105173691393_o.jpg ?oh=b8a43c4e66dfc0c19e1dcbfa11b87e61&oe=59A7F5C2
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18880210_778203142351031_7516590035845864157_o.jpg ?oh=af99f5fc182d980ea98c69fc96dea233&oe=599F2A0C

sonnybobiche
8th June 2017, 00:33
http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_06_2017/post-0-0-21523200-1496854610.jpg

https://i.imgflip.com/na4n1.jpg

HarriK
8th June 2017, 06:36
SD soon to be start.
Looks like all three Toyotas are ready at start line as first cars.

EstWRC
8th June 2017, 06:40
Interesting if we will see some pushing on SD because Tänak just posted in his blog that they knew that they will have 32 tyres for this event but yesterday they were told that they will have just 28 tyres. He says he is so obsessed with the tyre choice for this event that he even saw the tyres in his dreams last night :p

liposh
8th June 2017, 07:11
One thing that could be interesting for someone is, that Toyota guys have personal sponsors on the right side of their shirts. Latvala has 1 personal sponsor, Hanninen 2 and Lappi 3.

AnttiL
8th June 2017, 07:29
One thing that could be interesting for someone is, that Toyota guys have personal sponsors on the right side of their shirts. Latvala has 1 personal sponsor, Hanninen 2 and Lappi 3.

Probably in line with their salaries. Gotta love the tucked shirt and shorts combination on Latvala, makes him look like a little kid

EstWRC
8th June 2017, 07:36
first pass

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBx5I_FXgAA3xQz.jpg

Medved
8th June 2017, 07:38
Shakedown times online - https://ewrc-results.com/shake/36018-rally-italia-sardegna-2017/

EstWRC
8th June 2017, 07:57
just a shakedown and i dont know how much Mikkelsen is pushing but doesnt look that good at the moment

rage82
8th June 2017, 07:57
Prokop in the shakedown: https://ewrc-results.com/quickp/36018_img_0581.jpg

AnttiL
8th June 2017, 08:07
just a shakedown and i dont know how much Mikkelsen is pushing but doesnt look that good at the moment

He's fourth at the moment, faster than Evans for example

Anyway he's learning the car and hasn't even got his own setup yet.

And this rally is anyways more about survival than brutal speed.

Fast Eddie WRC
8th June 2017, 08:08
Mikkelsen now 4th fastest after 3 runs. Many drivers only done one run though...

EstWRC
8th June 2017, 08:11
He's fourth at the moment, faster than Evans for example

Anyway he's learning the car and hasn't even got his own setup yet.

And this rally is anyways more about survival than brutal speed.

he has done 3 runs already while most of the fastest guys only 1 or 2. but like i said, just a shakedown

im the one who doesnt expect him to fight for the win here like many here, podium would be good but i think he will be 5th or 6th.

AnttiL
8th June 2017, 08:15
he has done 3 runs already while most of the fastest guys only 1 or 2. but like i said, just a shakedown

Yeh, for example Evans was the slowest works WRC in Argentina, and he even did four runs.

mousti
8th June 2017, 08:20
Prokop in the shakedown: https://ewrc-results.com/quickp/36018_img_0581.jpg

Credits to Tommeke_b for the Picture!

EstWRC
8th June 2017, 08:26
Prokops car moving now, they should restart shortly

pantealex
8th June 2017, 08:31
In Sardinia, Esapekka Lappi will test new parts on the Yaris WRC and will collect data for the http://bit.ly/2qTE5Ng* team

They should put those new parts to other cars ASAP, Lappi is flying in Shakedown.

PLuto
8th June 2017, 08:33
Prokops car moving now, they should restart shortly

I dont understand why they have stopped the shakedown. It looks like nobody was injured and car was not blocking the road.

mknight
8th June 2017, 08:35
Lol now we are making conclusions after 1-2 runs in shakedown. Reminds me of Monte shakedown hype.

If anything on shake comparing 2nd and 3rd pass times makes most sense.

Anyway lets stay with the hype:
Obviously Lappi is pushing and doing good.
Breen has clear influx of motivation.
Mikkelsen as expected or better. Similar times to other top drivers (though the comparison is limited for now), faster than Evans on 3 runs). Off course he has most motivation to drive as many times as possible. Also note that last year he was around 7-8th place in 2nd and 3rd run on Sardinia shakedown.

dodge33cymru
8th June 2017, 08:39
Oops, thought this was next weekend!

eib1
8th June 2017, 08:53
http://rallifoorum.ee/foorum/download/file.php?id=511

AnttiL
8th June 2017, 08:58
Now that all WRC drivers have done two rounds, Hänninen is the fastest :D

sollitt
8th June 2017, 09:00
im the one who doesnt expect him to fight for the win here like many here, podium would be good but i think he will be 5th or 6th.Not the only one.

AnttiL
8th June 2017, 09:06
Not the only one.

+1

EstWRC
8th June 2017, 09:15
Tänak with engine problem on third run, didnt sound healthy

AnttiL
8th June 2017, 09:22

:( Why does he get all the M-Sport engine problems?

Watson
8th June 2017, 10:12
Can they still change the engine without a time penalty?

If so, let's hope they can fix it some other way.

PLuto
8th June 2017, 10:17
Can they still change the engine without a time penalty?

no

Fast Eddie WRC
8th June 2017, 10:26
5 runs by Mikkelsen and he's faster than team-mate Breen.

Hyundai's of Sordo & Neuville now quickest.

KiwiWRCfan
8th June 2017, 10:39
Rally Italia will be doing some live video streaming on their Facebook page. First one due to start in 10 minutes "meet the drivers" likely to be top 3 drivers from Shakedown https://www.facebook.com/RallyItaliaSardegna/

KKS
8th June 2017, 10:40
5 runs by Mikkelsen and he's faster than team-mate Breen.

Hyundai's of Sordo & Neuville now quickest.
Just compare 3rd run. 5th run quickest just only of track knowladge

AnttiL
8th June 2017, 11:05
Now that Mikkelsen fought his way back to WRC, he's not stepping out of that car. Seven rounds on the shakedown and now fifth place. Latvala also pushed to third on his fourth round

Fast Eddie WRC
8th June 2017, 11:08

How about Mikkelsen's lack of knowledge of the car compared to Breen...

mknight
8th June 2017, 11:11
There is always the problem with over-analyzing shakedown. Then again that's the only results we have so far so why not...

As already mentioned I totally agree that 2-3rd runs are best to compare.

Then again Mikkelsen is by far the driver with least driving time in the car out of all the WRC drivers, with the only test being on French gravel. So he should be expected to improve not only by memorizing the road.

Watson
8th June 2017, 11:21
There's really almost nothing you can tell from a shakedown. Some guys really push to see what the conditions allow, some take it easy not to take any risks, some save tyres, some just experiment with setups. Everybody uses it for different purposes.

Mintexmemory
8th June 2017, 11:41
Great morning at shakedown even if it was one of the worst choices of route, ever! Neuville and Sordo were really throwing the Hyundai around - such driving can only end in tears before bedtime!

GravelBen
8th June 2017, 11:42
There's really almost nothing you can tell from a shakedown. Some guys really push to see what the conditions allow, some take it easy not to take any risks, some save tyres, some just experiment with setups. Everybody uses it for different purposes.

Absolutely. For example Hayden said he was checking a different setup on each run, which related to different types of stages later in the rally.

With that many runs you have to think Mikkelsen is just getting as much seat time in the car as possible.

Prokop was apparently... exploring the scenery.

dimviii
8th June 2017, 11:55
Marc Martí Moreno‏*@MarcMartiWRC
Maybe my kiss will make @DaniSordo become the prince of @Rally_d_Italia we gonna fight for it...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBylKWvWsAAizcf.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBylKWuWsAAG5d8.jpg

dimviii
8th June 2017, 12:07
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DByFz8-XYAAJDd2.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkudQVtWYAAKXlf.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBy4tQBW0AQpbgu.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBy4saKXUAANyWA.jpg

some clips from shake with various drivers,Paddon spectacular jump
https://twitter.com/cicles7/status/872730979156320257

dimviii
8th June 2017, 12:12
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBy4mVgXoAIS1Qo.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBy4nbRXsAADClL.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBy4oNRXYAI2bix.jpg

KKS
8th June 2017, 12:35
How about Mikkelsen's lack of knowledge of the car compared to Breen...
Yep, but that lack car knowledge can't be fulfilled by only at shakedown.
We compare fast Mikkelsen with new car for himself and less fast Breen with good car knowledge. And Breen, IMHO, win in this battle

EstWRC
8th June 2017, 12:37
weird, Tänak says nothing about that engine issue (it was reported from a fan who is at the rally the the engine didnt sound normal), he says there were some small problems with the power steering on the first pass and then he just saved the tyres on 2nd and 3rd pass.

AnttiL
8th June 2017, 12:58
weird, Tänak says nothing about that engine issue (it was reported from a fan who is at the rally the the engine didnt sound normal)

Maybe something else caused the weird sound

dimviii
8th June 2017, 13:00
https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/19055237_1170324116405044_6645000693437753300_o.jp g?oh=67e816a77f380372fc181eda3b8d6217&oe=599B781C
https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18922585_1236953349764640_1693925345571597208_o.jp g?oh=b2c25572904a8c5645a749b384db7105&oe=59E80BB3

https://www.facebook.com/pg/rallypixels/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1236951206431521

https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18921886_1385764734811021_6114672906372705178_n.jp g?oh=2f45da9db0795e2e29dcd87943fc3a1b&oe=59A2A93F
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBzLgNvXkAEgpHZ.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bestofrallylive/albums/72157684772599445/page2

EstWRC
8th June 2017, 13:12
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18954665_1529115003798213_5994228119251690903_o.jp g?oh=a321dcd21276dea27972cc9c5f1d6ee8&oe=59AC1F3E
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/19023635_1375987759147789_3346808800723446063_o.jp g?oh=75eec448130ea0989f028e87b66907d7&oe=59AAA807
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18953463_1375987765814455_1379588912263387602_o.jp g?oh=4fe85bdc6c762f1a87d98174652d89ae&oe=59E9A67B
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18953246_1529116830464697_3799274622991323911_o.jp g?oh=c520dcee1e7d262aed32937182afa857&oe=59ADA541
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18922596_1375987702481128_182363480382191426_o.jpg ?oh=362370624b7519e92eda01e8483a2985&oe=599DADFD

AnttiL
8th June 2017, 13:21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJvUhBxnVBA

steve.mandzij
8th June 2017, 13:51
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJvUhBxnVBA
Why the new narrator? He sounds like he's struggling to breathe.

Fast Eddie WRC
8th June 2017, 13:59
Yep, but that lack car knowledge can't be fulfilled by only at shakedown.
We compare fast Mikkelsen with new car for himself and less fast Breen with good car knowledge. And Breen, IMHO, win in this battle

I'll go with Mikkelsen.

dimviii
8th June 2017, 14:13
Rallyelange video
https://youtu.be/MuIvYmjEpJQ

dimviii
8th June 2017, 14:53
https://www.ewrc.cz/foto/36018-rally-italia-sardegna-2017/37/

just found what color difference have the 3 Toyota drivers at their yaris.
Black side mirrors for Lappi
black mirrors with red stripe for Latvala
and black mirrors with white stripe for Juho

Watson
8th June 2017, 15:11
weird, Tänak says nothing about that engine issue (it was reported from a fan who is at the rally the the engine didnt sound normal), he says there were some small problems with the power steering on the first pass and then he just saved the tyres on 2nd and 3rd pass.

Could be really minor stuff like a dent in the exhaust or something like that.

Fredrik
8th June 2017, 15:49
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3QSc5l9YMU

For those of you who dont understand Norwegian. On this Inboard with Mikkelsen from shakedown, he and the codriver agrees that the car is very nervous under breaking. The rear of the car comes out on the smallest breaking.

Fast Eddie WRC
8th June 2017, 16:18
Any live stream of the SSS ?

KKS
8th June 2017, 16:19
And even MIKKELSEN can't setup it?

dimviii
8th June 2017, 16:38
Asked whether the Norwegian had ever performed well in Sardinia compared to Poland or Finland, the Citroën team manager first wanted to justify his choice.
"I asked myself this question, then I looked more closely at Andreas's race last year. Before taking the stone, it was in the times of Ogier and Ostberg which also were dropped compared to Neuville and Latvala. It must also be taken into account that he has never really benefited from a good position on the road so he is potentially performing here, "analyzed the Belgian.
"In a sense, at the earliest we could finalize something with Andreas, at best it was. The opportunity of Sardinia came up and was seized. It would certainly have been very successful in Poland and Finland but it can not be said that it was never fast in Sardinia, it just did not materialize. "

More than a simple one-shot, the collaboration with the former Volkswagen driver is a perfect opportunity for the whole team to move forward in the right direction.
"The presence of Andreas in the team this weekend has a double interest. On the one hand, thanks to his experience with two other WRC 2017, he brings an additional opinion on our car. On the other hand, we will have a second reference on the competitiveness of the C3, "Matton confessed. "Indeed, Kris never really had any references in relation to young people (Breen and Lefebvre) to know on what rhythm he was driving with the car. Here, the reference will be more precise, even if the knowledge of the car will not be equal. Craig will also be able to gauge against another top driver with experience. "
"He has a different piloting from Kris that opens up new avenues of exploration. We also had confirmations concerning the work done at the beginning of the year, which was quite similar to the competition. It's encouraging and it saves us from wasting time asking questions. Without revolutionizing the car, you save time. "

The director of the red then addressed the case of Stéphane Lefebvre forced to give up his place in the C3 WRC for this event.
"Stéphane made this decision in a constructive way. He understood that this choice was in the interest of the team. He also attended Andreas's tests to take advantage of his experience. "
The Belgian director of Citroën Racing then concluded by discussing the future which Mikkelsen's result in Sardinia could inevitably follow.
"He has no pressure, things have been done quickly and the objectives are not fixed to medium and long term. The collaboration and integration with the team went well and the return it makes is very interesting. If we can work together again, I think both sides will be winners, but to date, nothing has yet been done. "

http://www.rallye-sport.fr/matton-on-a-saisi-lopportunite/

PLuto
8th June 2017, 16:39
Starting order to today super special stage - https://rally-base.com/2017/rally-italia-sardegna-2017/start-list/?startTimeTypeId=789

dimviii
8th June 2017, 16:39
#tyre info: All @OfficialWRC Michelin Drivers with 5 MICHELIN LTX Force S5 except @CitroenRacing with 4S5 +1H4
#WRC #RallyItalia

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/18953084_10212986761253054_4476055504455274281_n.j pg?oh=86ae547faa3bc8e7191a26dc29346b77&oe=599CCEA0

EstWRC
8th June 2017, 16:43
any italian tv channel broadcasting the first stage?

Fast Eddie WRC
8th June 2017, 16:45
And even MIKKELSEN can't setup it?

Andreas Mikkelsen‏ @AMikkelsenRally
#Shakedown - The priority this morning was to get a good feeling in the Citroën C3 WRC, and we did !

dimviii
8th June 2017, 16:48
watch Meeke at 0,35 sec,also compare with other cars
https://youtu.be/AEJZP3gdaWI

mknight
8th June 2017, 16:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3QSc5l9YMU

For those of you who dont understand Norwegian. On this Inboard with Mikkelsen from shakedown, he and the codriver agrees that the car is very nervous under breaking. The rear of the car comes out on the smallest breaking.

Yes he says that, but doesn't say anything about car or setup.

Given that no other drivers have said anything like that before about the C3 I'd say it's more likely due to setup. Not like he could set it up for dry Sardinia gravel by testing on damp gravel in France.

Fast Eddie WRC
8th June 2017, 16:52
any italian tv channel broadcasting the first stage?

Plenty of time to find one... ;)

Ott Tänak‏ @OttTanak
Ready for action! We're out of service and start tonight's Super Special at 18h55.

mknight
8th June 2017, 16:54
watch Meeke at 0,35 sec,also compare with other cars
https://youtu.be/AEJZP3gdaWI

Ogier does about exactly the same at 0:58, just different view.

Don't you people think that you are starting to overblow stuff a bit?

EDIT: Mikkelsen does also similar thing just after Meeke. But when you watch the onboard which clearly is from a different run the car is dead stable (it's on 1:40). Just a question of how you enter the corner/jump.

dimviii
8th June 2017, 16:57
Sud rallye
https://youtu.be/_j4Y17VMzgc

Eli
8th June 2017, 16:58
@dupanton could you please open back the pickems thread??? I thought it would close in the next hour or so. please it would be much appreciated!!

Watson
8th June 2017, 16:59
Yes he says that, but doesn't say anything about car or setup.

Given that no other drivers have said anything like that before about the C3 I'd say it's more likely due to setup. Not like he could set it up for dry Sardinia gravel by testing on damp gravel in France.

Meeke was always complaining that the car was very nervous and twichty which can be derived from oversteer under braking.

The trouble is that it can be anything from weight distribution, break bias, anything related with suspension and chassis to diffs and their settings; or the combination of any of the above.

KKS
8th June 2017, 17:01
Meeke was always complaining that the car was very nervous and twichty which can be derived from oversteer under braking.
And Sweden as clear example of it

Fast Eddie WRC
8th June 2017, 17:05
FB live: https://www.facebook.com/motorsportisland/

dimviii
8th June 2017, 17:21
Ogier does about exactly the same at 0:58, just different view.

Don't you people think that you are starting to overblow stuff a bit?

EDIT: Mikkelsen does also similar thing just after Meeke. But when you watch the onboard which clearly is from a different run the car is dead stable (it's on 1:40). Just a question of how you enter the corner/jump.

at every onboard cars looks more stable than from outside view.
Clearly there is a problem,we don't know what causes it.

Arai with no wipers

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBz9SskXcAAydRE.jpg

SubaruNorway
8th June 2017, 17:25
https://www.ewrc.cz/foto/36018-rally-italia-sardegna-2017/37/

just found what color difference have the 3 Toyota drivers at their yaris.
Black side mirrors for Lappi
black mirrors with red stripe for Latvala
and black mirrors with white stripe for Juho

Nice, no more complainig about people not being able to tell what car it is in my video's ;)

dimviii
8th June 2017, 17:30
Nice, no more complainig about people not being able to tell what car it is in my video's ;)
if you zoom very close,still there is a problem to recognize which car it is,like I show at your video.

SubaruNorway
8th June 2017, 17:34
if you zoom very close,still there is a problem to recognize which car it is,like I show at your video.

I never zoom so close that you can't see the mirrors

KKS
@MadsOstberg (https://twitter.com/MadsOstberg)
SS1 2:02.8 "It feels good. Tricky stage, never been quick here before, but I think I was faster than someone"

Ahhhaaa! Mads :D

EstWRC
MIkklsen the fastest Citroen after this stage.

mknight
8th June 2017, 17:47
Yaris doesn't like slow-speed stages?

EstWRC
8th June 2017, 17:47
always a problem with Tänak, now the whipers didnt work

EstWRC
8th June 2017, 17:51
damn Neuville! TOP7 cars Fords and Hyundais

KKS
8th June 2017, 17:55
Not good one for Toyotas, hope they can bring gears for tomorrow stages.

BigWorm
8th June 2017, 17:55
Get in Neuville, keep it up

AnttiL
8th June 2017, 17:59
damn Neuville! TOP7 cars Fords and Hyundais

Then the three Citroens, then the Toyotas.

EstWRC
8th June 2017, 18:00
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DB0JEiRXgAAh8P_.jpg

BigWorm
8th June 2017, 19:00
Found no broadcast of today's stage. Hasn't this stage been aired before?

Rallyper
8th June 2017, 19:13
What does this MM stage say about the rest of the rally? Answer: None.

stefanvv
8th June 2017, 19:15
What does this MM stage say about the rest of the rally? Answer: None.

We can tell the Hyundai car is good for the rally.

Watson
8th June 2017, 19:59
We can tell the Hyundai car is good for the rally.

We can speculate on that on the basis of the last few rounds, not however on this way too short and specific spectator stage.

stefanvv
8th June 2017, 20:22
We can speculate on that on the basis of the last few rounds, not however on this way too short and specific spectator stage.

That's what I was referring to. They didn't lose form though on this stage.

dimviii
8th June 2017, 20:34
John Kennard‏*@JKCoDriver
Gone but not forgotten..start list for section 1..thanks @Rally_d_Italia @OfficialWRC

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBz-Zo0WsAATsHP.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DB0szLTXoAQqBi-.jpg

PLuto
8th June 2017, 20:39
John Kennard‏*@JKCoDriver
Gone but not forgotten..start list for section 1..thanks @Rally_d_Italia @OfficialWRC

Unfortunatelly, there is much more mistakes in the lists. Wrong codrivers, wrong cars. And wrong letters, like Elfin Evans...

EstWRC
8th June 2017, 21:09
Good night guys, see you in the morning!

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18922892_778907382280607_9111937334710837914_o.jpg ?oh=d8a5062f1784615683013634c0930d07&oe=59E1A58F

AnttiL
8th June 2017, 21:19
That's what I was referring to. They didn't lose form though on this stage.

This type of super special stage could be on any rally in the world. We have to wait until tomorrow to tell what cars and drivers suit this these roads

stefanvv
8th June 2017, 23:20
This type of super special stage could be on any rally in the world. We have to wait until tomorrow to tell what cars and drivers suit this these roads

May the Force be with the Jedi!

EstWRC
9th June 2017, 05:59
Guuuuuddd moooorning, Ogier starting in 5 minutes!

EstWRC
9th June 2017, 06:09
Ogier and Tänak with softs only

Michelin Motorsport‏Verified account @Michelin_Sport 3m3 minutes ago
More
#tyre info - Day 1 morming 1/2
Ogier: 5 Michelin LTX Force S5
Tanak: 6S
Meeke/Breen/Paddon: 3H+2S

Michelin Motorsport‏Verified account @Michelin_Sport 2m2 minutes ago
More
#Tyre Info Day 1 Morning loop 2/2
Mikkelsen/Neuville/Sordo/Latvala/Hanninen/Lappi: 3S+2H
Ostberg: 4H+2S

EightGear
9th June 2017, 06:14
It's so early, I'm still on my way to university and the first stage has started already.

No complaning though!

AnttiL
9th June 2017, 06:15
Its so early, I'm still on my way to university and the first stage has started already.

You're lucky, there was a slight delay and the stage started only some minutes ago

AnttiL
9th June 2017, 06:23
Tyre choice

News from Michelin on the numbers and compounds (hard or soft) their drivers have chosen for the morning loop. Ogier: 5S. Tanak: 6S. Meeke / Breen / Paddon: 3H+2S. Mikkelsen / Neuville / Sordo / Latvala / Hanninen / Lappi: 3S+2H. Ostberg: 4H+2S.

Fast Eddie WRC
9th June 2017, 06:25
You guys are lucky, its only 6.38 in the UK !

KKS
9th June 2017, 06:28
Wow! what a road position advantage so far. Sordo 6.3 faster on 1st split.

AnttiL
9th June 2017, 06:29
Wow! what a road position advantage so far. Sordo 6.3 faster on 1st split.
I wonder if the road will start to get worse by the time the last WRC cars run? or will it be super grippy for Mikkelsen and Østberg?

Fast Eddie WRC
9th June 2017, 06:33
Dust causing problems said Neuville.

KKS
9th June 2017, 06:33
I don't expect that. At least for WRC cars.

KKS
9th June 2017, 06:35
Dust causing problems said Neuville.
Or just huge ego, Neuville in same situation as Latvala... or maybe better.

AnttiL
9th June 2017, 06:35
Interesting to see what kind of a time Paddon will make, expecting him to do really well

BigWorm
9th June 2017, 06:37
Interesting to see what kind of a time Paddon will make, expecting him to do really well

Not the fastest 1st split for him

AnttiL
9th June 2017, 06:38
Not the fastest 1st split for him

Yeh. Meanwhile, Breen going really well.

Fast Eddie WRC
9th June 2017, 06:40
Breen wow !

KKS
9th June 2017, 06:41
Every car down the order post quicker and quicker time.... REAL gravel rally! :)
Breen fastest, but Paddon comming

Fast Eddie WRC
9th June 2017, 06:41
Paddon quick at last split now...

EstWRC
9th June 2017, 06:42
huuuuuge cleaning effect, i even feel sorry for Ogier

KKS
9th June 2017, 06:43
Meeke dot freeze at hairpin with 21kph marker..... glitch orrrrr?

KKS
9th June 2017, 06:45
Paddon destroyed Ogier time. )

KKS
9th June 2017, 06:45
And Meeke even faster!
I love that rally! :D

AnttiL
9th June 2017, 06:48
Oh shit, it's hard to follow two stages at the same time

KKS
9th June 2017, 06:49
UUUUh and Hanninen fast. Just +0.5 to Meeke
I SO excited!!!

KKS
9th June 2017, 06:51
Oh shit, it's hard to follow two stages at the same time
wait another 10min and it's will be three stages at same time :D

EDIT: or not... I lost in timezones :(

Fast Eddie WRC
9th June 2017, 06:54
Andreas slow ...

KKS
9th June 2017, 06:56
Latvala on SS3 - massive 10sec faster than Ogier and Neuville!

EstWRC
9th June 2017, 07:03
Paddon will win this

bearclaw
9th June 2017, 07:05
meeke not moving on wrc+?

Allez Andruet
9th June 2017, 07:06
meeke not moving on wrc+?

It was the same on SS2.

Fast Eddie WRC
9th June 2017, 07:07
Breen car problem .. :(

abxyz
9th June 2017, 07:07
Problem for Breen, oil smoke

bearclaw
9th June 2017, 07:08
It was the same on SS2.

ah ok. thanks. i missed that

KKS
9th June 2017, 07:08
Shitroen have another oil problem :(. When they build NORMAL car?

EstWRC
9th June 2017, 07:10
the front runners dont even have a chance unless the others bin it

CoyoteVillagra
9th June 2017, 07:10
GO Paddon!!

PD: First message on the forum:D

BigWorm
9th June 2017, 07:11
Andreas slow ...

How is that possible...

KKS