PDA

View Full Version : Wrc Deutschland 2017

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

jbmarcus21
7th February 2017, 13:55
BIG Change and move for new Deutschland Rallye 2017 ..
Service Park to Bostalsee, Ceremonial start + super special stage to Sarrebruck
New itinerary 2017 => http://bit.ly/2ljvNuP

Franky
7th February 2017, 14:03
Doesn't look very interesting

GigiGalliNo1
7th February 2017, 15:25
Why not?

jparker
7th February 2017, 15:35
I guess the winemakers had enough

Simmi
7th February 2017, 16:21
Nice to see events changing it up. Shame to lose Trier as that was a great location. Think I'll be heading back this year.

Duvel
7th February 2017, 16:40
Still 2 vineyeard stages, so not completly gone. Also interesting to see a "rundrurs" in a wrc rally, has that happend ever before in recent years?
I have always liked the Bostalsee service park better than the viemarkt in Trier.
For me it looks ok as it is now, only thing i keep saying is that there are to few stages, little value for money this way.

Franky
7th February 2017, 17:49
Why not?

Friday has two repeated proper stages. Saturday is still 50% Panzerplatte. And Sunday is a joke everywhere.

So not much value for a 80 euro rally pass.

tc10a
7th February 2017, 18:14
Quite suprised in a positive way about the itinerary.
A lot of changes to previous year, still two very nice vineyard stages included as well as the Panzerplatte.
Shakedown location should be ok too. Will be easy to watch quite a lot of stages.

Hartusvuori
8th February 2017, 06:27
Friday has two repeated proper stages. Saturday is still 50% Panzerplatte. And Sunday is a joke everywhere.

So not much value for a 80 euro rally pass.

You'll see shakedown, super special stage on Thursday, at least two runs of vineyard stages and possibly rundkurs stage on Friday, possibly four stages on Saturday and at least two stages on Sunday before you head home. 10-11 stages. I think the problem is that you are just too lazy to move around. Saying that - the route is also on relatively small area.

Depending on the running directions, this could be the biggest change of route in recent years. Last year Ollmuth ran as a rundkurs and I liked it. Much better fun than normal spectator super special stages.

Just booked an apartment yesterday. Can't stay away.

Jasper
8th February 2017, 07:08
Also interesting to see a "rundrurs" in a wrc rally, has that happend ever before in recent years?

Yes, Ollmuth last year.

MartijnS
8th February 2017, 07:45
I like the changes too!
New shakedown is a good start, Thursday night stage also nice extra. Friday and Saturday good too! Better than last year.

Hartusvuori
8th February 2017, 07:55
I like the changes too!
New shakedown is a good start, Thursday night stage also nice extra. Friday and Saturday good too! Better than last year.

Does anyone know yet how is Thursday night stage?

dodge33cymru
8th February 2017, 08:57
Not done Germany before but got a hotel booked and looking forward to this year's. Can I ask which are the vineyard stages please?

hari
8th February 2017, 09:31
Not done Germany before but got a hotel booked and looking forward to this year's. Can I ask which are the vineyard stages please?

Veldenz and Kluesserath (last year called Mittelmosel)

Jasper
8th February 2017, 09:32

Klusserath & Veldenz

dodge33cymru
8th February 2017, 09:36
Great, thanks. Damn, now to make a choice between a stage with three passes and the vineyards!

Hartusvuori
9th February 2017, 08:41
Great, thanks. Damn, now to make a choice between a stage with three passes and the vineyards!

There's no choice - vineyards and once the schedule is out, you'll know could you see the 3rd pass on the "rundkurs".

Mintexmemory
9th February 2017, 10:31
https://flic.kr/p/8z66bU
That's a shot from Klusserath (v.famous hairpin) when I went in 2010 (stayed at the campsite in Klusserath). Better if they run this down hill but still a fun place to spectate.

Hartusvuori
9th February 2017, 17:19
https://flic.kr/p/8z66bU
That's a shot from Klusserath (v.famous hairpin) when I went in 2010 (stayed at the campsite in Klusserath). Better if they run this down hill but still a fun place to spectate.

Very nice area in general with several good spectating points. This hairpin I remember the best from an odd crash 2-3 years ago. One of the Adam Cup drivers stopped to change flat tyre. It was ran uphill. When they continued, 30 metres on he clips the curb and roll the car on its side ��

Hartusvuori
27th March 2017, 18:34
Any word when Rallye Deutschland organizers will inform us more about the route and schedule, meaning when is RG1 due?

Last week we got the basic map, but no directions nor times.

Also, any incars of new stages are much appreciated. They must've been used in smaller events.

+++Streckenführung ADAC Rallye Deutschland 2017+++

Der geplante Ablauf im Überblick:

Donnerstag, 17. August 2017
Shakedown Eiweiler
Show-Start Saarbrücken
WP 1 "Super Special Stage Saarbrücken"

Freitag, 18. August 2017
WP 2 "Super Special Stage Wadern-Weiskirchen 1"
WP 3 "Mittelmosel 1"
WP 4 "Grafschaft 1"
WP 5 "Super Special Stage Wadern-Weiskirchen 2"
WP 6 "Mittelmosel 2"
WP 7 "Grafschaft 2"
WP 8 "Super Special Stage Wadern-Weiskirchen 3"

Samstag, 19. August 2017
WP 9 "Super Special Stage Arena Panzerplatte1"
WP 10 "Panzerplatte 1"
WP 11 "Freisen 1"
WP 12 "Römerstraße 1"
WP 13 "Super Special Stage Arena Panzerplatte 2"
WP 14 "Super Special Stage Arena Panzerplatte 3"
WP 15 "Panzerplatte 2"
WP 16 "Freisen 2"
WP 17 "Römerstraße 2"

Sonntag, 20. August 2017
WP 18 "Losheim am See 1"
WP 19 "St. Wendeler Land 1"
WP 20 "Losheim am See 2"
WP 21 "St. Wendeler Land 2(Power Stage-Finish im Service Park)"

#adacrallyehub #rallyedeutschland

tc10a
27th March 2017, 19:09
Any word when Rallye Deutschland organizers will inform us more about the route and schedule, meaning when is RG1 due?

No stress, in the last 5 years RG1 was presented between end of March and 19th of April. So it will be ready in next weeks for sure.

swanny
28th March 2017, 09:07
I'm going, booked my hotel a few months ago, can't wait. Shame I'll miss the Thursday action as will be driving there.

tc10a
14th April 2017, 09:34
Rallye Guide 1 is now available:
https://www.adac-rallye-deutschland.de/de/teilnehmer/static/

Simmi
14th April 2017, 20:23
Have to assume that opening super special is going to be reverse order running. P1 guys still in an autograph session 25mins before it kicks off.

shag1636
13th June 2017, 19:34
I'm going to try to make Rally Deutschland this year, only the second I've been to (Rally Sweden 2014 the other). I would like to see as many stages as possible; Sweden was difficult because of the icy roads between stages, but I managed to see 8 over the 4 days. Very nerve-wracking without studded tires. Can you give me an idea how difficult it would be to try to move between good vantage points on several stages in a day (will be renting a car)? Also, will it be tough to find accommodations this late?

tc10a
13th June 2017, 19:49
I'm going to try to make Rally Deutschland this year, only the second I've been to (Rally Sweden 2014 the other). I would like to see as many stages as possible; Sweden was difficult because of the icy roads between stages, but I managed to see 8 over the 4 days. Very nerve-wracking without studded tires. Can you give me an idea how difficult it would be to try to move between good vantage points on several stages in a day (will be renting a car)? Also, will it be tough to find accommodations this late?

If you dont mind a lot of driving and some stress 10-11 stages should be possible.
Shouldnt be a problem to get accomodation. Lots of tourist accomodation especially in Mosel region.
Despite the new location, no problem with being located up there.

shag1636
13th June 2017, 19:49
Rallye Guide 1 is now available:
https://www.adac-rallye-deutschland.de/de/teilnehmer/static/

Is it available in English?

Franky
13th June 2017, 20:18
https://www.adac-rallye-deutschland.de/uk/teilnehmer/static/

Here's the English one

shag1636
13th June 2017, 22:33
If you dont mind a lot of driving and some stress 10-11 stages should be possible.
Shouldnt be a problem to get accomodation. Lots of tourist accomodation especially in Mosel region.
Despite the new location, no problem with being located up there.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to locate the stage roads now based on ADAC's day maps; kind of tricky figuring out the paths they will be taking thru the vineyards. Will there be single-stage maps eventually? Starting to get excited about this!

shag1636
13th June 2017, 22:34
https://www.adac-rallye-deutschland.de/uk/teilnehmer/static/

Here's the English one
Thanks. My German's a bit rusty.

Hartusvuori
14th June 2017, 07:18
Thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to locate the stage roads now based on ADAC's day maps; kind of tricky figuring out the paths they will be taking thru the vineyards. Will there be single-stage maps eventually? Starting to get excited about this!

You can get a closer look from this unofficial site: https://www.rally-maps.com/Rallye-Deutschland-2017

sindroms
14th June 2017, 07:19

It might help you (zoom in) - https://www.rally-maps.com/Rallye-Deutschland-2017

Jinu13
14th June 2017, 13:01
There's no choice - vineyards and once the schedule is out, you'll know could you see the 3rd pass on the "rundkurs".

Sounds like a plan to me!

shag1636
16th June 2017, 18:01
You can get a closer look from this unofficial site: https://www.rally-maps.com/Rallye-Deutschland-2017

Thanks. Great resource!

Watson
20th June 2017, 19:00
https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wrc/artikel/d/2017/06/20/rallye-deutschland-kremer-im-fiesta-wrc-2017/

German driver Armin Kremer (38) who has been working with Ford in the early noughties will start at the German WRC round in an M-Sport prepared '17 Fiesta WRC.

This is a little odd and therefore interesting. Wilson says it's great for the team to have Kremer's experience (he is a three times German champ). But I doubt that alone is the reason. It's probably mostly to showcase a German in a Ford in Germany.

Edit: Sorry guys I just noticed it's already in the News thread.

AnttiL
21st June 2017, 08:25
https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wrc/artikel/d/2017/06/20/rallye-deutschland-kremer-im-fiesta-wrc-2017/

German driver Armin Kremer (38) who has been working with Ford in the early noughties will start at the German WRC round in an M-Sport prepared '17 Fiesta WRC.

This is a little odd and therefore interesting. Wilson says it's great for the team to have Kremer's experience (he is a three times German champ). But I doubt that alone is the reason. It's probably mostly to showcase a German in a Ford in Germany.

Kremer is actually 48, born the same year as Marcus Grönholm. Kremer's best WRC result was 8th place in Monte Carlo 1998(!) and after that a couple of 10th places and some WRC2 podiums. I'm expecting him at best to match the times of the WRC Trophy guys. But of course Malcolm has to rent a car if someone offers money and of course it's an attraction to the German audience.

Mintexmemory
21st June 2017, 08:56
Can't think that Kremer would be that much of an attraction to a German audience, unlike the number of extra Belgians that would turn out to see Loix, say.

AnttiL
21st June 2017, 09:18
Can't think that Kremer would be that much of an attraction to a German audience, unlike the number of extra Belgians that would turn out to see Loix, say.

Hard to say for me as a Finnish person because I'm used to seeing Finnish drivers on WRC cars all the time but when was the last time we saw a top level German driver? Has there been anyone after Schwarz?

[WRCRR]
21st June 2017, 11:40
Hard to say for me as a Finnish person because I'm used to seeing Finnish drivers on WRC cars all the time but when was the last time we saw a top level German driver? Has there been anyone after Schwarz?

The last time a German had a start in WRC car was Aaron Burkart in a one off for M-Sport in Germany 2011...

Mintexmemory
21st June 2017, 22:09
;1143025']The last time a German had a start in WRC car was Aaron Burkart in a one off for M-Sport in Germany 2011...
You may recall the Skoda development team where VW were trying to find a German to parachute into the A team - Sepp Wiegand got closest IIRC.

KiwiWRCfan
22nd June 2017, 07:52
Armin Schwarz and Antony Warmbold both did 15 out of 16 events in 2005 season using WRC cars

Watson
22nd June 2017, 10:35
In a way it's a bit strange. The French, the British and the Finnish all bring forward a lot of good to very good track and rally drivers. The Germans have crazy good track drivers in many disciplines but in rallying they haven't really had somebody super fast since Walter Röhrl.

AnttiL
22nd June 2017, 11:09
In a way it's a bit strange. The French, the British and the Finnish all bring forward a lot of good to very good track and rally drivers. The Germans have crazy good track drivers in many disciplines but in rallying they haven't really had somebody super fast since Walter Röhrl.

And what happened to all the Swedes after Stig Blomqvist? Kenneth Eriksson, Micael Ericsson and Thomas Rådström had some pace in the 90's but not really world champion level (yes I know Eriksson won group A championship in 1986) but since then, what, P-G Andersson stuck in a Suzuki going nowhere? At least they have now a future star with Tidemand.

Jinu13
28th June 2017, 13:12
Need some advice please. Having seen posts for other rallys on tickets with different levels of access, is this also the case for Rallye Deutschland? I bought a 4 day ticket - does that get me into all stages (and car parks) or do I need a special pass? My German is not good enough for the small print!

Hartusvuori
28th June 2017, 13:49
Need some advice please. Having seen posts for other rallys on tickets with different levels of access, is this also the case for Rallye Deutschland? I bought a 4 day ticket - does that get me into all stages (and car parks) or do I need a special pass? My German is not good enough for the small print!

There used to be different level rally passes for Rally Germany, but now it's just one rally pass that covers access to all. For parking you have to pay extra each time accessing the parking area, but it's traditionally only one euro for each time.

tc10a
28th June 2017, 13:54

There are just daily passes for single days and the 4-day pass for all the event. All have the same access to everywhere.

Jinu13
28th June 2017, 17:37
There used to be different level rally passes for Rally Germany, but now it's just one rally pass that covers access to all. For parking you have to pay extra each time accessing the parking area, but it's traditionally only one euro for each time.

Will remember to get some extra Euros out then. Thanks for the tip!

AnttiL
28th June 2017, 19:09
https://twitter.com/AMikkelsenRally/status/880121401688170498

Many questions to answer tonight, one being what's after #RallyPoland for us with @CitroenRacing.... That would be #RallyGermany! #WRC

shag1636
7th July 2017, 21:06
The ADAC really did a nice job on the spectator viewing points map (https://www.adac-rallye-deutschland.de/docs/wrc/2017/static/185/Spectator20170620_web.pdf). Does anybody know if the areas not designated as official spectator sites are off-limits? Most of the sites seem very good, but there are one or two where I'd like to do something different.

EstWRC
11th July 2017, 17:27
Ostberg with R5 in germany https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wrc/artikel/d/2017/07/11/oestberg-misst-sich-in-deutschland-mit-wrc2-spitze/

AnttiL
11th July 2017, 18:55
Ostberg with R5 in germany https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wrc/artikel/d/2017/07/11/oestberg-misst-sich-in-deutschland-mit-wrc2-spitze/

He skipped Corsica because he could not get tarmac suspension nor test it in time. Also Prokop's mention of difficulties running the 2017 car come to mind...

Simmi
11th July 2017, 19:03
Would be cool to see Prokop get a crack in the '17 car I guess. Not sure whether it will happen though.

Whinlatter
11th July 2017, 22:11
The ADAC really did a nice job on the spectator viewing points map (https://www.adac-rallye-deutschland.de/docs/wrc/2017/static/185/Spectator20170620_web.pdf). Does anybody know if the areas not designated as official spectator sites are off-limits? Most of the sites seem very good, but there are one or two where I'd like to do something different.
I've only been once before, but from my limited experience it's definitely possible to find alternative access routes or move out of the official spectator areas in the vineyard stages - but not possible in the Panzerplatte I don't think, because it is military land (although I'd be interested in hearing otherwise!).

Franky
11th July 2017, 22:17
Moving out of the spectator zones might be difficult on Panzerplatte. My experiences are quite outdated by now. Think the most I've been at the non-official spectating area there was in 2008, when I moved inwards from the stage start.

Also in 2010 or 2012 went to a non-listed area. Wanted to be near the start but the big paper map started about mid-stage for some reason. The walk to the stage was quite a long one.

Munkvy
11th July 2017, 22:31

I struggled with the google translate and my high school German isn't upto the job. What was his justification for doing a surface that he is somewhat average on, at a round that is compulsory for WRC2 competitors, so he will be up against the fastest WRC2 drivers of the year...? I feel this might be an opportunity to get beaten badly by some Skoda drivers and I can't see how he can gain from that? Especially if he gets beaten by Camilli too?

MartijnS
11th July 2017, 22:32
More than enough possibilities to go to non-official spots at the Panzerplatte. If you look at the stage around the area of Idar-Oberstein on Google Maps you'll find the roads easily.

Andre Oliveira
12th July 2017, 00:50
If Østberg wants prepare 2018 for real, he needs tarmac competition. Hope he start with the beast.

EstWRC
12th July 2017, 08:03
in english about Mads, it isnt 100% sure yet http://www.rallysportmag.com.au/home/wrc/11604-ostberg-considers-wrc2-entry-for-rallye-deutschland

Whinlatter
12th July 2017, 21:07
More than enough possibilities to go to non-official spots at the Panzerplatte. If you look at the stage around the area of Idar-Oberstein on Google Maps you'll find the roads easily.
Thanks Martijn - had spotted several promising looking access points but with it being military land I expected these would be blocked by locked gates or soldiers. I might make some more explorations!

Hartusvuori
13th July 2017, 04:39
Thanks Martijn - had spotted several promising looking access points but with it being military land I expected these would be blocked by locked gates or soldiers. I might make some more explorations!

Are they blocked or not is down to luck. Last year we had to walk 45 minutes to stages as it was blocked with military people guarding the gate. When we returned in the afternoon, gate was open, no one was there and we drove up all the way to the stage side. We approached from Idar-Oberstein.

JUF
20th July 2017, 05:04
Both Marijan Griebel and Fabian Kreim are going to participate in Škoda Fabia R5's in WRC2. Will be interesting to see who is faster and if they can challenge Tidemand and Kopecky.

jbmarcus21
20th July 2017, 19:29
Google Earth Map Wrc Deutschland Rallye 2017 is online → http://bit.ly/2kn6avq

BigWorm
20th July 2017, 19:55
Both Marijan Griebel and Fabian Kreim are going to participate in Škoda Fabia R5's in WRC2. Will be interesting to see who is faster and if they can challenge Tidemand and Kopecky.
Last year Kreim was pretty anonymous, let's see if he has developed.

pantealex
21st July 2017, 08:26

2 M-Sport Fiesta drivers + Skoda factory drivers will be faster than those German "superstars"

dimviii
21st July 2017, 19:44
Berqvist with Floene according to ewrc.cz

https://www.ewrc.cz/clanek/30829-ola-floene-s-emilem-bergkvistem-v-nemecku/

shag1636
21st July 2017, 20:01
Does anyone know when information about the gap between start times on a stage will be available? I would like to get video of the first twenty on as many stages as possible, which will make the travel time between stages critical. If the cars go off at 2 min. intervals, that would be great; if at 3 min. intervals, might have to miss some.

Simmi
25th July 2017, 17:28
Has anyone ordered tickets online for the rally from the webshop? None of the postage options talked about delivering to the UK but I figured it would be okay as it worked great back in 2015. Sort of figured I'd have had them by now.

Whinlatter
25th July 2017, 18:56
Yes, I've ordered off the website and also checked with etix that they would definitely be mailed to the UK (the ADAC site says something about print at home tickets) - and they confirmed that the tickets would be posted. Just got to cross fingers that they arrive on time now!

hari
25th July 2017, 21:02
Does anyone know when information about the gap between start times on a stage will be available? I would like to get video of the first twenty on as many stages as possible, which will make the travel time between stages critical. If the cars go off at 2 min. intervals, that would be great; if at 3 min. intervals, might have to miss some.

2 minutes for WRCs, 1 minute for the rest

Andre Oliveira
29th July 2017, 19:41
Entry list when?

Andre Oliveira
30th July 2017, 16:42
Suninen with R5 according him.

GigiGalliNo1
30th July 2017, 17:40
Hold me to it, Hyundai to win in Germany

AnttiL
30th July 2017, 18:24
Suninen with R5 according him.

He had it in his program all along, as it's a mandatory round in WRC2.

BigWorm
30th July 2017, 18:25
Hold me to it, Hyundai to win in Germany

Step up, Dani Sordo..

Andre Oliveira
30th July 2017, 20:55
Ogier will debut new car... so like the others 2 times...

Jinu13
30th July 2017, 20:56
Finland was awesome. So close and so exciting! I'm totally hyped up for Rallye Deutschland now!! Championship battles on the tarmac and me in the vinyards. Its going to be perfect :)

Whinlatter
30th July 2017, 21:07
Has anyone ordered tickets online for the rally from the webshop? None of the postage options talked about delivering to the UK but I figured it would be okay as it worked great back in 2015. Sort of figured I'd have had them by now.
You received your rally pass yet, Simmi? Mine arrived on Saturday.

Simmi
31st July 2017, 07:43
You received your rally pass yet, Simmi? Mine arrived on Saturday.

Yep exactly the same for me thanks. Enjoy buddy!

We just need an entry list now. Surely it'll drop in the first half of this week...?

hari
31st July 2017, 09:07
entry list:
https://www.adac-rallye-deutschland.de/docs/wrc/2017/static/115/List%20of%20Entries_170726.pdf

entry list national:
https://www.adac-rallye-deutschland.de/docs/wrc/2017/static/190/Nennliste_National.pdf

mknight
31st July 2017, 09:15
I don't see any big surprises.

Huttunen in Opel Adam, same for T. Molinaro (Breen's girlfriend ).

Will be quite interesting duel in R5s with Østberg, Camilli and Suninen in same cars.

Mirek
31st July 2017, 09:21
Will be quite interesting duel in R5s with Østberg, Camilli and Suninen in same cars.

IMHO normally Kopecký shall be the fastest of the entered R5 drivers.

mknight
31st July 2017, 09:23
IMHO normally Kopecký shall be the fastest of the entered R5 drivers.

Yes he should, that's not the point. Point was that those 3 are former/current WRC "teammates" and will drive same cars.

Mirek
31st July 2017, 09:52
ok, understand now.

BigWorm
31st July 2017, 10:06
The WRC Trophy battle is going to be intense between Serderidis and Raoux

Duvel
31st July 2017, 19:49
Anyone know if the Saarbrücken special wil be shown on big screen at the serviceparc? Or can we go and watch it in a teams fan area

Jinu13
31st July 2017, 22:50
Anyone know if the Saarbrücken special wil be shown on big screen at the serviceparc? Or can we go and watch it in a teams fan area

I'm staying at Bostalsee and planning to drive down to Saarbrucken, if you're brave enough you can have a lift.

Ross99
31st July 2017, 23:41
The WRC Trophy battle is going to be intense between Serderidis and Raoux

I think one of the 2 will win this.

Duvel
1st August 2017, 06:28
I'm staying at Bostalsee and planning to drive down to Saarbrucken, if you're brave enough you can have a lift.
Thans for the invite, but i think we wil stay on the camping (next to service) whit the family.

BigWorm
1st August 2017, 08:17
I think one of the 2 will win this.

There won't be much separating those two.

Like 2 snails dragracing.

AnttiL
1st August 2017, 08:23
There won't be much separating those two.

Like 2 snails dragracing.

Actually in Poland, at the start of the last day, Raoux was 11 minutes behind Gorban and Serderidis was 11 minutes behind Raoux. It sure is an interesting class.

EstWRC
3rd August 2017, 12:25
Gary Boyd‏ @KiwiWRCfan 49m49 minutes ago
More
10 #WRC winners to start Rallye Deutschland
1 Ogier
2 Tanak
4 Paddon
5 Neuville
6 Sordo
7 Meeke
9 Mikkelsen
10 Latvala
12 Lappi
35 Ostberg

https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan/status/893061284857389057

electroliquid
3rd August 2017, 12:44
12 manufacturers seats, and 10 active rally winners - clearly we need more teams. When last time there was 10 WRC winners on one WRC event? Few years ago we could see only 3-4 winners in every event.

mknight
3rd August 2017, 13:54
Gary Boyd‏ @KiwiWRCfan 49m49 minutes ago
More
10 #WRC winners to start Rallye Deutschland
1 Ogier
2 Tanak
4 Paddon
5 Neuville
6 Sordo
7 Meeke
9 Mikkelsen
10 Latvala
12 Lappi
35 Ostberg

https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan/status/893061284857389057

Nitpicking here but when did Østberg actually win a WRC rally?

AnttiL
3rd August 2017, 13:57
Nitpicking here but when did Østberg actually win a WRC rally?

Portugal 2012

ruesluporp
3rd August 2017, 17:26
I got a Rally Guide 2 User name and Password (there are onboard videos of all stages...). Only by private message!

Arnold Triyudho Wardono
3rd August 2017, 20:28
I got a Rally Guide 2 User name and Password (there are onboard videos of all stages...). Only by private message!
What's that..?

And yes please..

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

shag1636
3rd August 2017, 22:03

Any idea how parking will be in Saarbrucken?

shag1636
3rd August 2017, 22:07
Wow. Can you share that?

ruesluporp
5th August 2017, 15:32
Maps of special stages 2 to 8: https://app.box.com/s/esvqzaprallc4soif95el4vqe651xgdy
Maps of special stages 9 to 21: https://app.box.com/s/2j06q3tv1pd70qarrm30inuc6g5sjzyl

Jinu13
7th August 2017, 14:03
Any idea how parking will be in Saarbrucken?

Thats a good question!
The ADAC Rallye Deutschland site has really bad maps so I checked out www.saarbruecken.de/en/tourism/saarbruecken/getting_here which has a list of car parks and www.q-park.de/ (select Saarbrücken from the drop down and hit Suche) which shows about 10 on a map.

shag1636
9th August 2017, 00:53
Thats a good question!
The ADAC Rallye Deutschland site has really bad maps so I checked out www.saarbruecken.de/en/tourism/saarbruecken/getting_here which has a list of car parks and www.q-park.de/ (select Saarbrücken from the drop down and hit Suche) which shows about 10 on a map.

Thanks. The q-park website is a good one. It looks like maneuvering on the north side of the Saar could be a mini-nightmare; lots of one-way streets with few going they way I want them to. I'll have to recce that as early as I can. Thanks again for the input.

Simmi
9th August 2017, 20:17
Forumers going to Germany - have you got your stage itinerary in place yet?

I'm trying to work out whether to bother making the fairly hefty round trip down to the Friday super special between the morning and afternoon runs. I've looked at the onboards and I have to say it looks very uninspiring.

I've only ever done the Arena sections, but if anyone has any good experience/knowledge of accessing Panzerplatte away from the crowds maybe we can chat in DMs...?

Whinlatter
9th August 2017, 20:36
Bit of a compromise as I can only take 2 days off work and not all my group are as enthusiastic about the rallying as I am! Not flying out til Thursday AM so will miss Shakedown. Will pop down to the Service park and possibly Saarbrucken in the evening.

Friday, probably two runs at the super special and back to Grafschaft for the second run through there.

Saturday, thinking Panzerplatte away from the arena, possibly Maiwald - might end up staying there til the second run, might go exploring for a backroad in, or might go down to service between runs. If it's not raining I will hopefully persuade the others to do Freisen or Romerstrasse on the way back to the pub...

Won't be doing anything Sunday as we're flying home in the afternoon and the other lads fancy a few hours sightseeing/drinking in Dusseldorf before we go to the airport.

MartijnS
9th August 2017, 21:12
I think we will do:

Shakedown. SS1
SS2 / 4 / 6 / 8
SS 10, than 11 or 12 , 15 and again 16 or 17.

Going home saturdaynight.

Hartusvuori
10th August 2017, 06:06
Won't be doing anything Sunday as we're flying home in the afternoon and the other lads fancy a few hours sightseeing/drinking in Dusseldorf before we go to the airport.

I would suggest you stop at Köln for sightseeing and drinks and then move to Düsseldorf airport. They just next to each other and Köln is far more interesting with the cathedral and all.

We will fly in to Frankfurt on Tuesday morning. We will have time to recce the stages for two days, and also catch up with drivers while they recce. As for the event, shakedown and service park on Thursday naturally and the evening in Saarbrücken. Friday, two times either Mittelmosel and Graftschaft and if timing allows, third run of the arena stage on the way back. Saturday would allow four stages if keeping it busy, but depending on what we find in our recce, we might settle for 2 or 3 stages. Sunday, well two stages at least, but three is possible. Then soon after power stage we head back to airport. Sixth consecutive time on the event. Perfect medicine for post-Rally Finland hangover.

dimviii
10th August 2017, 16:22
with google translate from rallye magazine.de

At the thought of the departure on the fourth Finland test, Julien Ingrassia still runs her back coldly. "This accident is among the three most violent accidents in our rally carriages with the departures at the 'Monte' 2012 and the Rallye Deutschland 2014," describes the co-driver of Sebastien Ogier.
The world champion had previously injured the shock absorber in the rear right in a huge leap and was, according to his own statement, thinking about this problem as he drove the medium-fast link curve a bit too fast. Ingrassia immediately realized that it was going to be tricky: "I knew we would get a hard hit and was very worried that we could catch the tree at the height of my passenger side. Fortunately, we struck a little further back. "

Ingrassia continued: "We were not so fast, maybe 70 km / h, but the energy that was affecting us was huge. Neither the tree nor the car have absorbed any forces, so it has gotten my body. For a few seconds I was knocked out. "
At first there was the slight hope that Ogier could start again on Sunday to get valuable World Cup points on the final power stage. But after the doctors at Ingrassia diagnosed a brain crash and recommended a competition break of 15 days, the matter had gone. At home arrived the 37-year-old knitted rest. "No television, hardly mails, or telephone," says Ingrassia, who feels better now.
Restricted preparation
Before the rally Germany is in its hot phase and on Tuesday with the road inspection (Recce) is begun, Ingrassia wants to be medically re-examined. Also a few kilometers next to Ogier during the last preparatory tests are planned, the whole Pensum will not however unwind.
He has no fear or concern when he goes back to the Fiesta WRC. "I know the risks and dangers in this sport. If something goes wrong, it hurts. Pain, stress, anxiety, these feelings are normal after an accident and I have decided to accept them and not to hide them. That's why I'm ready to fight with Seb and win the world title. "

stefanvv
10th August 2017, 16:31
Gotta love those automated German translations.

Simmi
10th August 2017, 16:50
Really hope Ingrassia is well enough to be on the start in Germany. There's another world title up for grabs for him too.

Would it be 1993 the last time a different driver/co-driver combination won the title?

AnttiL
12th August 2017, 06:19
http://www.m-sport.co.uk/m-sport-news/fiesta-rs-wrc/fierce-fight-awaits-at-rallye-deutschland

Pre-event press release from M-Sport. Deutchland is the only rally they have yet to win

AnttiL
12th August 2017, 06:25
No speculations yet...Of course the trio of Neuville, Ogier and Sordo are the favourites, but I'm expecting Latvala to be fast as well, with his good record of tarmac results in the recent years and TDC Power Stage win. Meeke was fast in TDC, Breen is good on tarmac and Mikkelsen has been fast in Deutchland, but as a car Citroen is a question mark. Lappi won WRC2 last year but then again doesn't have tarmac experience with a WRC car yet. Hänninen could surprise but there's lots of road side obstacles to hit. Evans can have pace if the tyres work. Tänak and Paddon probably a bit off the pace. Not expecting Kremer to make stage times faster than the factory drivers.

In WRC2, of course holding thumbs up for Suninen, but it will be a tight battle between him, Østberg, Camilli, Tidemand and Kopecky.

mknight
12th August 2017, 08:52
That's mostly just stating facts ;)

To add two more: Breen has very little experience in Germany. Meeke has never finished at a decent place in germany (2x crash, 1 technical from 6th place).

--------------
Now to speculation:

Neuville will be faster than Ogier in vineyards, Ogier faster on Panzerplatte. In total Neuville prbly first.
Sordo 3rd fighting with Latvala, if it's wet Latvala will even challenge the first 2.
I'd place Tanak right behind these 4, likely the top citroens will be around this pace if it doesn't rain.
Lappi and Evans here, Paddon and Hanninen last. Kremer is not even worth mentioning.

WRC2
Kopecky should be fastest on speed by far but he tends to catch punctures in WRC a lot. Both Camilli and Tidemand were faster than Sunninen on tarmac recently, same should be Østberg. So if the others don't have punctures/crashes Sunninen could end even 5th.

mknight
12th August 2017, 11:10
This is what people that make money on speculating say:

For win:
Ogier 3.75
Neuville 4.00

Latvala, Sordo 6.25

Meeke, Mikkelsen, Tanak 9.00

Lappi 15.00
Breen 25.00
Evans 40.00
Hänninen, Paddon 85.00

Basically the same what I wrote before, except favoring Ogier over Neuville.

WRC2:
Kopecký 3.25
Suninen 3.85
Camilli 4.05
Tidemand 4.05
(Østberg not listed)

tommeke_B
12th August 2017, 12:00
https://scontent.fbru1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/20690415_10155595080614793_4967825354052658535_o.j pg?oh=68d65d936589a031f19c9069cb16c5e0&oe=5A2CEAD4

https://scontent.fbru1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/20728677_10155595080939793_5535529486167360809_o.j pg?oh=6c1fa1dbf0aea3fb523afa0809ae116d&oe=59F59990

The service park will be a mess if it rains.

pantealex
12th August 2017, 12:59

Looks lot worse than 2-weeks ago in Jyväskylä, gravel rally has tarmac service park, but tarmac rally not even gravel...

Mirek
12th August 2017, 14:16
Here service park on dirt is usually followed by a shitstorm towards the organizers even on amateur events.

rallyfiend
12th August 2017, 15:38
And for sure rain is coming....

Simmi
12th August 2017, 15:54
As soon as Bostalsee was announced I remember people saying it was bad for the service park. Let's see. I haven't dared look at the rally forecast yet...

By the way does anyone have any gravel crew info for Germany?

Jinu13
12th August 2017, 15:58
I'm trying to plan my itinerary for Saturday. Can someone please advise which is better, Friesen or Römerstrasse, from an access and spectator point of view?

Hartusvuori
12th August 2017, 16:27

Forecast has showed some rain for the duration of the event so it will most likely be a mud fest in service park. And it have rained quite a bit before the event too.

Henkie H.
12th August 2017, 17:41
Withdrawal Ostberg?

kirungi okwogera
12th August 2017, 17:45
This is what people that make money on speculating say:

For win:
Ogier 3.75
Neuville 4.00

Latvala, Sordo 6.25

Meeke, Mikkelsen, Tanak 9.00

Lappi 15.00
Breen 25.00
Evans 40.00
Hänninen, Paddon 85.00

Basically the same what I wrote before, except favoring Ogier over Neuville.

WRC2:
Kopecký 3.25
Suninen 3.85
Camilli 4.05
Tidemand 4.05
(Østberg not listed)

Who are these people so sure that Lappi will be faster than Paddon, who came 5th in Deutschland last year? And for that matter, Lappi over Breen and Evans? He wins in Finland and now he's a tarmac ace?

AnttiL
12th August 2017, 17:46
Who are these people so sure that Lappi will be faster than Paddon, who came 5th in Deutschland last year? And for that matter, Lappi over Breen and Evans? He wins in Finland and now he's a tarmac ace?

Lappi won WRC2 in Deutchland last year, that's something...

kirungi okwogera
12th August 2017, 17:54
Lappi won WRC2 in Deutchland last year, that's something...

Kind of... but not much. He beat Jan Kopecky, on tarmac that isn't nothing, but then what? Jose Suarez, Armin Kremer, Yoann Bonato?

EstWRC
12th August 2017, 18:01
thats doesnt mean much...Tänak won in PWRC class back in the day too... and looking back at the results you have to admit the competition wasnt great with only Kopecky being real contender who had a puncture already on the second stage, after first day Lappi was second, 28 secs behind Kremer.

im not saying he wont do good but i wouldnt get my hopes that up.

mknight
12th August 2017, 18:18

The odds are from onebet. Posted them just for fun cause as I wrote they make money on speculation.

Paddon was 5th last year yes, second last WRC only slower one was Østberg, he was also 3 mins behind everyone else, based on this list I'd give him some 1:50. I agree Lappi might be slightly over-estimated in that list, something like 1:25 is what he would get from me.

AnttiL
12th August 2017, 18:28
We must also consider that Paddon hasn't even finished many events this year while Lappi has only had one retirement out of four rallies and one win.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting a podium from Lappi, it's his first tarmac event on a WRC car.

Racelover33
13th August 2017, 00:00
Can anybody recommend some places to see some cuts and fast slidings?

racerx1979
13th August 2017, 08:02
Same as above. First time at rally Germany. Any good reccomendations for a first time spectator. Also thinking of skipping Sunday to give the wife a day for her haha. Any good places to visit near the rally. Willing to drive 2-3 hours.

JUF
13th August 2017, 09:21
Same as above. First time at rally Germany. Any good reccomendations for a first time spectator. Also thinking of skipping Sunday to give the wife a day for her haha. Any good places to visit near the rally. Willing to drive 2-3 hours. Can´t help you with spectator points as I didn´t attend the rally for ages now. But if you look for places your wife may also like there are many possibilities: bigger cities like Heidelberg or Metz, smaller cities like Idar-Oberstein or Bernkastel-Kues, the Alsace region...

dimviii
13th August 2017, 09:27
http://www.madsostberg.no/Home/PressArticle/1151

tommeke_B
13th August 2017, 09:30
Can´t help you with spectator points as I didn´t attend the rally for ages now. But if you look for places your wife may also like there are many possibilities: bigger cities like Heidelberg or Metz, smaller cities like Idar-Oberstein or Bernkastel-Kues, the Alsace region...

How about Trier? ;) I've been to both Heidelberg and Bernkastel-Kues. Both are nice but very crowded, especially Heidelberg as it attracts many Asian tourists.

JUF
13th August 2017, 09:44
How about Trier? ;) I've been to both Heidelberg and Bernkastel-Kues. Both are nice but very crowded, especially Heidelberg as it attracts many Asian tourists.
Totally forgot about Trier ;). By the way, Mads Ostberg confirmed that he drops Germany: http://www.madsostberg.no/Home/PressArticle/1151

AnttiL
13th August 2017, 09:55
http://www.madsostberg.no/Home/PressArticle/1151

Østberg skips Deutschland after all because of the problems in Rzezow

Simmi
13th August 2017, 10:03
Ostberg has come back down to earth with a bump this season. Privateer budget but factory expectations.

I hope he can push through a get a programme going into next year. He's looking long-term with co-drivers but you have to wonder how long he'll keep it up.

Slazwierder
13th August 2017, 10:27
Any good places to visit near the rally. Willing to drive 2-3 hours.
Nürburgring is a 2h drive. There's a touristenfahrten session from 8AM till 19PM

seb_sh
13th August 2017, 10:28
It's not looking good for Ostberg tbh. There are enough highly rated young drivers coming in that he probably can't get a works drive again, at least not without bringing money. I think he's done with top level WRC and will just appear as a privateer occasionally.

AnttiL
13th August 2017, 11:18
It's not looking good for Ostberg tbh. There are enough highly rated young drivers coming in that he probably can't get a works drive again, at least not without bringing money. I think he's done with top level WRC and will just appear as a privateer occasionally.

I thought he prefers his own team to the works teams

rallye-vid
13th August 2017, 11:55
I guess he could get another car (Skoda i.e) if he really wanted to drive.

Maybe the money is running out... ��

EightGear
13th August 2017, 13:29
I guess he could get another car (Skoda i.e) if he really wanted to drive.

Maybe the money is running out... I get the impression it is more likely his motivation is running out.

AnttiL
13th August 2017, 15:50
Citroen's press release http://int-media.citroen.com/en/return-tarmac-citro%C3%ABn-c3-wrcs/Citro%C3%ABn%20Racing

dimviii
13th August 2017, 17:47
Teemu / Rallirinki‏*@HartusvuoriWRC
#RallyeDeutschland new service park in #Bostalsee is not looking massively tempting at the moment. More rain forecasted for the event.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHH_XRPXsAAqIE1.jpg

mknight
13th August 2017, 17:52
Citroen's press release http://int-media.citroen.com/en/return-tarmac-citro%C3%ABn-c3-wrcs/Citro%C3%ABn%20Racing

After doing much worse than their pre-event goals for half a year and issuing self-contradicting goals for Finland they now entered the next stage... not saying anything about their target.

The only mention is for Breen in top 5 which imo is quite optimistic seeing his minimal Germany experience (2x only and 0 times in WRC).

Apart from that and the list of previous best germany results from the drivers, the single interesting statement is Mikkelsen saying this was first time he did any testing on Baumholder in his career.

mknight
13th August 2017, 17:53
#RallyeDeutschland new service park in #Bostalsee is not looking massively tempting at the moment. More rain forecasted for the event.

It will look epic when rally cars will get pulled by tractors around the servicepark to avoid getting stuck in mud on slicks.

Andre Oliveira
13th August 2017, 18:20
M-Sport have worst problem... inside too

https://scontent.fopo2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20728069_1835479686481450_1018733807888350173_n.jp g?oh=d7aa96080ec891b72629009ece54ab46&oe=5A280D35
https://scontent.fopo2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20729221_1835479806481438_7413991542594790049_n.jp g?oh=bc08916d3eaa7ab216b507115c54aa79&oe=5A2EB8B4

Rallyper
13th August 2017, 19:10
No rally then. Can´t believe they manage this without building new proper gravel roads in the SP.

Andre Oliveira
13th August 2017, 19:35
Maybe some gravel will solve it

mknight
13th August 2017, 21:43
Well they have at least 3 days with little activity to solve it. Some plastic mats and/or some gravel goes a long way and the top teams can afford some (small) expense. Doesn't change the fact that the service park placement is epic and will be terrible for teams with lower budget.

Andre Oliveira
13th August 2017, 22:18
https://scontent.fopo2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20840898_1835556386473780_5918568179938609751_n.jp g?oh=d4a692d680c1fc716743f2bfacae74e1&oe=59EB1E9B

Roy
13th August 2017, 22:34

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHH_XRPXsAAqIE1.jpg

What a mess. I can't remember that is was so terrible at Bostalsee when it rains. I was there in, I guess, 2005.
What they need now is iron plates, so the cars can drive safe. Like this, they used it for construction work or other events normally:

http://www.madebyyou.be/janhandel/img/Image/Proximus%20mast%20F%201.JPG

racerx1979
13th August 2017, 23:06
Can´t help you with spectator points as I didn´t attend the rally for ages now. But if you look for places your wife may also like there are many possibilities: bigger cities like Heidelberg or Metz, smaller cities like Idar-Oberstein or Bernkastel-Kues, the Alsace region...

Great suggestions. We will look at all options, thanks!

N.O.T
14th August 2017, 03:29
you have to wonder how long he'll keep it up.

until he realises that being 30 and having a job depending on daddys pockets is a disgrace....

Andre Oliveira
14th August 2017, 12:04
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHL6hfzXcAAr2U-?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHL6hf3XkAATH1D?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHL6hf0XkAAPP4l?format=jpg&name=large

Andre Oliveira
14th August 2017, 12:19
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHL-FvZXYAIyZQL?format=jpg&name=large

AnttiL
14th August 2017, 13:45
https://toyotagazooracing.com/release/2017/wrc/rd10-preview.html

Toyota's press release. Not setting too high targets, Lappi and Latvala satisfied with top 5, main objective is to develop the car on tarmac.

racerx1979
14th August 2017, 14:12
Toyota's outlook seems realistic to me.

EstWRC
14th August 2017, 14:39
weather forecast now showing rain only on friday, at first it showed on thursday too...if it rains on friday then i predict that Neuville and Ogier will just run away from others, not that it would be that much different when it is dry but this season and every rally surprises so my predictions are often wrong.

Curious to see how dmack has developed within a year, they were quite good for their standards last year. i have stopped expecting much from Paddon, it just seems to me he will never get grips with tarmac.

Simmi
14th August 2017, 14:59
Forecast is certainly evolving it seems. I really doubt the entire rally will go rain-free.

I've planned out a few potential spots. Flying out Weds morning. Really looking forward to it.

dimviii
14th August 2017, 15:08
Brendan Reeves‏*@BrendoRally 2h
2 hours ago
Looking good @HMSGOfficial now the sun is out @OfficialWRC Germany.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHMJ_08VwAEmA8B.jpg

Teemu / Rallirinki‏*@HartusvuoriWRC 26m
#WRC2 driver Gus Greensmith is reported to have a minor crash on today's pre-event test. All should be okey for #RallyeDeutschland.

wrc2 testing

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHMMXP1W0AMp4uK.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHMMYBYWAAAaRcN.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHMMZFvXkAAMkdJ.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHMMZv7XkAESFW-.jpg

mknight
14th August 2017, 15:11
weather forecast now showing rain only on friday, at first it showed on thursday too...if it rains on friday then i predict that Neuville and Ogier will just run away from others, not that it would be that much different when it is dry but this season and every rally surprises so my predictions are often wrong.

Curious to see how dmack has developed within a year, they were quite good for their standards last year. i have stopped expecting much from Paddon, it just seems to me he will never get grips with tarmac.

Rain on Friday will be a bit of a letdown. As you say Ogier and Neuville will likely pull away both due to experience/speed but also due to dirt making the road very slippery for late starters and due to C3 issues on low grip surfaces.

Best from a rallyfan perspective would be dry on Friday (so we get some nice comparison and not many retirements) and rain on Saturday afternoon or Sunday to introduce some late-drama once positions are settled.

nafpaktos
14th August 2017, 15:21
not quite convincing argument for the withdrawal.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/131239/ostberg-withdraws-from-rally-germany

Jinu13
14th August 2017, 17:26
Same as above. First time at rally Germany. Any good reccomendations for a first time spectator. Also thinking of skipping Sunday to give the wife a day for her haha. Any good places to visit near the rally. Willing to drive 2-3 hours.

Don't forget the Mosel valley - beautiful scenery and German's wine making region. I'm hoping to check out some of the vinyards between stages on Friday :)

Ucci
14th August 2017, 18:21
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHL-FvZXYAIyZQL?format=jpg&name=large
Makes this entry Mr.Kremer the oldest guy driving the new WRC car?

Hartusvuori
14th August 2017, 18:39
Makes this entry Mr.Kremer the oldest guy driving the new WRC car?

Competetively yes. Mr. Grönholm might fix that stat at some point.

Simmi
14th August 2017, 19:34
Monday test footage from the WRC2 boys plus a couple of others: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bei9372Rho

Anyone know who that was in the R2?

racerx1979
14th August 2017, 19:38
Don't forget the Mosel valley - beautiful scenery and German's wine making region. I'm hoping to check out some of the vinyards between stages on Friday :)

Sounds like a great idea. So many places to see and not enough time ;)

Andre Oliveira
14th August 2017, 19:46
Nicolas Ciamin in Fiesta R2T, Astier in 208 R2

Andre Oliveira
14th August 2017, 19:49
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Damien-Saulnier-Photographie-192393940920598/photos/?tab=album&album_id=845580388935280

https://scontent.fopo2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20799132_845580705601915_824487209628404403_n.jpg? oh=0931eeb22563c98ff206c4ac1b4c7bc7&oe=5A31F448
https://scontent.fopo2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20770239_845580648935254_6716998518451520780_n.jpg ?oh=5c9bffb6e6f39332db8b49efd79f490f&oe=5A35B033
https://scontent.fopo2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20770360_845580578935261_8175390680869747721_n.jpg ?oh=0e37fd79b08e3605bbf0d2e421c4879f&oe=5A34659B

EstWRC
14th August 2017, 22:01
It looks like Meeke has just found that Ogier is coming to Citroen

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/s960x960/20861981_1569466176407870_4477311684199438182_o.jp g?oh=e04fd86f2597f21352ba8796e0c15854&oe=5A338D49

Whinlatter
14th August 2017, 22:07

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/s960x960/20861981_1569466176407870_4477311684199438182_o.jp g?oh=e04fd86f2597f21352ba8796e0c15854&oe=5A338D49

Not sure Seb would be smiling if he knew he was going to be driving the C3 though...

mknight
14th August 2017, 22:25

Not sure Seb would be smiling if he knew he was going to be driving the C3 though...

Winlatter just got you!

Anyway why this setup of people? No driver from Toyota

EstWRC
14th August 2017, 22:30
but maybe Ogier was promised something good ;)

mknight
14th August 2017, 22:32
but maybe Ogier was promised something good ;)

Promised they don't let Loeb test the car any more, will remove all his pictures from official Citroen history and arrange a ceremony crowning Ogier the one true Seb/king?

seb_sh
15th August 2017, 10:20
I wonder if this will be another "crazy 2017" style rally or a bit more straightforward. The "normal" way would be some kind of fight between Neuville, Ogier and Sordo, maybe Meeke too. The "2017" way would start like normal but then in the end some fight between Lappi, Evans and Breen for the win.

tomhlord
15th August 2017, 12:11
I wonder if this will be another "crazy 2017" style rally or a bit more straightforward. The "normal" way would be some kind of fight between Neuville, Ogier and Sordo, maybe Meeke too. The "2017" way would start like normal but then in the end some fight between Lappi, Evans and Breen for the win.

Ha, yeh!

Think perhaps only in the dry will the Citroen challenge, but Breen is quick on tarmac so looking forward to the latter!

Seriously though, it's simply unpredictable and that's brilliant.

Andre Oliveira
15th August 2017, 12:23
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHPUWI6UwAEEbig?format=jpg&name=large

racerx1979
15th August 2017, 12:54
I think this will be another weird rally where Juho is leading at the end of day 2 :p

stefanvv
15th August 2017, 13:55
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHPUWI6UwAEEbig?format=jpg&name=large

There is some tendency over there with Ogier's chassis.

Fast Eddie WRC
15th August 2017, 14:36
Evans could be the surprise if the weather plays ball with the new DMacks...

mknight
15th August 2017, 15:36
..but Breen is quick on tarmac so looking forward to the latter!

Breen has done Deutschland 2 times:
- 2011 with Fiesta R2 (fastest in the class)
- 2015 with 208 R5 (minutes behind Kopecky but just ahead of Camilli before puncture on Saturday afternoon)

With this little experience if he manages top 5 without major retirements it will be a very good result.

skarderud
15th August 2017, 16:08
Yr.no is predicting quite dry om friday, and all weekend.
I have the feeling that the Citröen's can suprise us if it's dry, and probably lost if it's wet:)

Sent fra min XP7700 via Tapatalk

er88
15th August 2017, 16:47
The C3s won't be on the pace in slippy conditions, that's a given now surely.

In the dry i would expect some good times from Andreas as he has had some good pace on this event in the past (3rd, 3rd and 4th in the last 3yrs), and Meeke too depending on how his confidence is. Breen could surprise a few by being among the leaders, but I reckon around 5th/6th is more likely unless there's a lot of retirements.

If it's a bit damp and slippy on friday I agree with previous comments, that we will probably see Neuville and Seb run away with it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Eli
15th August 2017, 18:32
The C3s won't be on the pace in slippy conditions, that's a given now surely.

In the dry i would expect some good times from Andreas as he has had some good pace on this event in the past (3rd, 3rd and 4th in the last 3yrs), and Meeke too depending on how his confidence is. Breen could surprise a few by being among the leaders, but I reckon around 5th/6th is more likely unless there's a lot of retirements.

If it's a bit damp and slippy on friday I agree with previous comments, that we will probably see Neuville and Seb run away with it.

& Perhaps Sordo will be there among the leaders & maybe Jari will take us by surprise.

EstWRC
15th August 2017, 20:28
there will be definitely suprises, dont worry ;)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHSC6kYXUAAjqse.jpg

racerx1979
15th August 2017, 22:05
there will be definitely suprises, dont worry ;)

I think Kremer will be way off the pace, but I hope I'm wrong.

EstWRC
15th August 2017, 22:17
That was just a nice picture. I didn't mean him particularly

Andre Oliveira
16th August 2017, 00:02
He did 170km of test at least ;)

AnttiL
16th August 2017, 06:30
As much as I'd want Neuville to win and someone else than Ogier lead the championship this late to season, I still have a gut feeling that Ogier will handle this one...

Grant_RSA
16th August 2017, 07:49
As much as I'd want Neuville to win and someone else than Ogier lead the championship this late to season, I still have a gut feeling that Ogier will handle this one...

Would love someone else to take the title for a change, but seeing as its not a VW walkover again, I dont mind Ogier taking the title for Msport, will show how good he really is and of course a fantastic story for a "Privateer" team.

pantealex
16th August 2017, 08:08
1st thing to do for Ogier is fastest stage time...

His dry season has been very long...

MartijnS
16th August 2017, 15:13
Looking forward to the rally! Last minutes at work, driving to Germany tonight.

dimviii
16th August 2017, 17:12
Hayden Paddon‏*@HaydenPaddon
The team wanted to change our roof vent colour for a change of luck. I couldn't give up 'green' so the compromise was 'chrome green'

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHXP5lpXcAEAG0x.jpg

mknight
16th August 2017, 18:46
Going to take more than a bit of superstition to restore his season...

At this point last year he had 94 points, now he has 51 with a car that seems much more competitive relative others.

KKS
16th August 2017, 19:36
nanotech from Hyundai

EstWRC
16th August 2017, 20:08
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20841713_709736445891362_8448283309217066854_n.jpg ?oh=68ac760f3f83615a9ea582273a38db8d&oe=5A3844A5
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20799170_709736455891361_2939461946254094509_n.jpg ?oh=831067069fe282efc3672bd055c56e11&oe=5A271F3B
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20799255_709736452558028_7802180406924937762_n.jpg ?oh=210592de87fd1f27dea118e875fee264&oe=5A293865
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20799896_709736449224695_4087873326625770233_n.jpg ?oh=015e07cc6d15d1d7412a446b32b75487&oe=59EC59C4
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20799543_709736499224690_7234308680071855662_n.jpg ?oh=275d3c998d45278977fe984bd21e89ae&oe=5A2E947C
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHXWHVUWAAEzQWT.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHXUdadW0AAc3J9.jpg

Ucci
16th August 2017, 20:53
I hope this time Ogier will win.....he needs it.

Simmi
16th August 2017, 20:54
All set for Shakedown in the morning. The stage really looks crap from the onboard I've seen. Hoping it's better in person.

Hartusvuori
16th August 2017, 21:59
All set for Shakedown in the morning. The stage really looks crap from the onboard I've seen. Hoping it's better in person.

There is runki potential. Though, if that happens, hopefully marshalls are more polite than the last time.

dimviii
16th August 2017, 22:37
Daniel Elena‏*@DanosElena
Hey #SebOgier and Julio, we need to follow up scratches to fill the hole ������ #WRC https://twitter.com/ewrcresults/status/897899580293099520*… @ttps://t.co/cCRu2bodeN

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHX60ZlXsAAyLp-.jpg

KKS
16th August 2017, 23:05
So what weather for rally? Full dry on some chance of dampness or rain?

stefanvv
16th August 2017, 23:25
Daniel Elena‏*@DanosElena
Hey #SebOgier and Julio, we need to follow up scratches to fill the hole ������ #WRC https://twitter.com/ewrcresults/status/897899580293099520*… @ttps://t.co/cCRu2bodeN

I didn't know Loeb has something to prove against Ogier, weird.

EstWRC
17th August 2017, 06:27
So what weather for rally? Full dry on some chance of dampness or rain?

still shows rain for tomorrow but dry for all the other days.

AnttiL
17th August 2017, 06:30
still shows rain for tomorrow but dry for all the other days.

And especially for afternoon. It could be that the first loop is dry and the second is damp/wet and it could also start raining during a loop or even during a stage.

EstWRC
17th August 2017, 06:34
yr.no is showing rain already starting 6 in the morning on friday.

AnttiL
17th August 2017, 06:50
yr.no is showing rain already starting 6 in the morning on friday.

Actually so does Accuweather, I didn't realize I should look at the forecast before 8 am. So most likely damp roads for all day.

KKS
17th August 2017, 06:52
Pretty challenging. So it looks like race will decided at Friday afternoon

KKS
17th August 2017, 06:53
shakedown road conditions:

Teemu / Rallirinki‏ @HartusvuoriWRC (https://twitter.com/HartusvuoriWRC) 6m6 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/HartusvuoriWRC/status/898062520182878208)More

Road condition in the forest is dry in the middle, but edges of the road are wet with mud.

AnttiL
17th August 2017, 06:56
First shakedown runs by Ogier and Neuville completed, Neuville 1.2 seconds faster.

KKS
17th August 2017, 07:01
First shakedown runs by Ogier and Neuville completed, Neuville 1.2 seconds faster.
Looks like cutting mud everywhere now. This kind of stage nature more familiar to Saturday stages?

KKS
17th August 2017, 07:09
too much cutting here. https://twitter.com/HartusvuoriWRC/status/898067569558552576 Every next car get a slower time

AnttiL
17th August 2017, 07:12
All Citroens in top 5 on the first round

mknight
17th August 2017, 07:16
too much cutting here. https://twitter.com/HartusvuoriWRC/status/898067569558552576 Every next car get a slower time

Now imagine this with wet conditions, 4-5th car on the road will be like on ice.

All Citroens in top 5 on the first round

See above, road position + slippery conditions on friday and they won't be near the top.

Breen 7th on road, Meeke 11, Mikkelsen 12.

EstWRC
17th August 2017, 07:16
Second passes massively slower already . I don't get the decision from Ott to start so last on first run

KKS
17th August 2017, 07:20
Meeke already have a moment on SD

dimviii
17th August 2017, 07:24
Ogier also with some moment

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHaW7M0WAAA1gtP.jpg

KKS
17th August 2017, 07:29
So actually SD is over now. Real SD will be for WRC2 cars. Now they will try real rally conditions for laterunners

EstWRC
17th August 2017, 07:34
Tänak second pass exactly the same time as first

dimviii
17th August 2017, 07:59
Teemu / Rallirinki‏*@HartusvuoriWRC 1m
1 minute ago
Ogier stalled his car. Lost maybe 2 seconds.

AnttiL
17th August 2017, 08:07
But the big news is that Serderidis is faster than Raoux!

Fast Eddie WRC
17th August 2017, 08:25
Second passes massively slower already . I don't get the decision from Ott to start so last on first run

Maybe wanting to get some practice of the bad road conditions they could face on the second runs of the stages ?

EstWRC
17th August 2017, 08:30
Maybe. Third and fourth run quite similar for all drivers timing wise

KKS
17th August 2017, 08:42
It a bit strange for Ott. His 3rd road position shouldn't be so bad, as for example for Meeke.

EstWRC
17th August 2017, 08:44
He came as a 8th car on first run, that's why the bad time. 3rd and 4th run quite similar to leaders.

mknight
17th August 2017, 08:53
Looking carefully through the results there are no big surprises, some points:

- Hanninen is just behind Latvala, but it's only on the first pass, other passes are slow
- Tanak and Sordo are low but again it's only the first pass, others are fast (3-5 place)
- Citroens fast on the first pass, then in mud they drop a bit but still around Latvala
- reality check on tarmac for "Finland heroes" Lappi and Suninen

KKS
17th August 2017, 08:54
I'm about road position at rally. Two car before him didn't get road tricky as hell, why he should practicing "dirty" runs from the beginning?

EstWRC
17th August 2017, 08:57
I'm about road position at rally. Two car before him didn't get road tricky as hell, why he should practicing "dirty" runs from the beginning?

Only he knows. I don't get it too

AnttiL
17th August 2017, 09:04
Camilli is miles ahead of everyone else in WRC2

EDIT: And just as I posted, Kopecky got a time almost as good

dimviii
17th August 2017, 09:07
https://www.ewrc-results.com/video/23507-wrc-rallye-deutschland-2017-shakedown-almost-ogier-crash/

EstWRC
17th August 2017, 09:29
Ford getting better when more slippy? on 3rd run Tänak and Ogier 3rd and 4th and on 4th run Ogier 1st and Tänak 2nd. of course Ogiers runs are very good on every pass if you look.

racerx1979
17th August 2017, 09:30
Almost like click bait

RS
17th August 2017, 09:41
Where do you guys get shakedown times from?

AnttiL
17th August 2017, 09:46
Where do you guys get shakedown times from?

eWRC https://www.ewrc-results.com/shake/36020-adac-rallye-deutschland-2017/

racerx1979
17th August 2017, 10:19
Mikkelsen second overall in shakedown. Is he driving the same car which Loeb tested or did Loeb test a different chassis?

mknight
17th August 2017, 10:22
Mikkelsen second overall in shakedown. Is he driving the same car which Loeb tested or did Loeb test a different chassis?

You trying to imply that it's a special "faster" car? For real?

Mikkelsen won the shakedown in Germany last year, being the fastest in every run in same car as Ogier and Latvala. His result in the first run is no big surprise, specially considering he ran it as 3rd on the road.

racerx1979
17th August 2017, 10:24

Mikkelsen won the shakedown in Germany last year, being the fastest in every run in same car as Ogier and Latvala. His result in the first run is no big surprise, specially considering he ran it as 3rd on the road.

No, but I am asking a for real question? Has no difference on how well he does or did, just curious. I'm not a fanboy or hater of anyone, but thanks for your contribution. For real!

That being said you never know what kind of input Loeb had on the car. Could or could not make a huge difference for Citroen. I can think of many examples as a rally car driver at a lower level where small changes can completely change the car and increase confidence of the driver. So yeah, the car can be special, but I was not implying that...

KKS
17th August 2017, 10:26
Looking carefully through the results there are no big surprises, some points:

- Hanninen is just behind Latvala, but it's only on the first pass, other passes are slow
- Tanak and Sordo are low but again it's only the first pass, others are fast (3-5 place)
- Citroens fast on the first pass, then in mud they drop a bit but still around Latvala
- reality check on tarmac for "Finland heroes" Lappi and Suninen
Sordo's first pass was nearly a latest of all others... 8 or 9. He could more if he start ahead

racerx1979
17th August 2017, 10:33
Tomorrow will be the real test. Some sections in SD were muddy and you can see the drivers taking it easier as conditions got worse. Road position will play a huge role at this rally. Nueville in good position to do extremely well.

AnttiL
17th August 2017, 10:41
Nueville in good position to do extremely well.

But the stages are run twice and Ogier seemed to be on the pace on the latter runs of the shakedown. Also, the road order is different on Saturday and Sunday.

I'm also considering that Ogier has more experience of winning and thus better handling of pressure. All season, Neuville has been chasing Ogier, but now it's the first time he's also being chased (as much as he's chasing Ogier), it's psyhologically a new situation for him, but nothing new for Ogier.

But in any case, an exciting rally ahead, again.

tomhlord
17th August 2017, 11:40
Usual post-Shakedown ifs, buts and maybes. Shows we are chomping at the bit for the rally to start. Hoping for an unpredictable corker of an event.

jparker
17th August 2017, 11:47
But the stages are run twice and Ogier seemed to be on the pace on the latter runs of the shakedown. Also, the road order is different on Saturday and Sunday.

I'm also considering that Ogier has more experience of winning and thus better handling of pressure. All season, Neuville has been chasing Ogier, but now it's the first time he's also being chased (as much as he's chasing Ogier), it's psyhologically a new situation for him, but nothing new for Ogier.

But in any case, an exciting rally ahead, again.

They are going to chase each other only. I don't expect them to fight for the win. The stakes are too high now for both of them.
Since Portugal, Neuville is driving conservatively, and that seams to pays off.

EstWRC
17th August 2017, 11:53
WRC crews say new Rally Germany route 'really boring'

The revised Rally Germany route has been labelled "dull" and "boring" by World Rally Championship crews.

The event was moved south after Saarbrucken outbid the rally's traditional host city Trier, but the move has forced revisions to the route that have proved unpopular.

Rally Germany retains its format of using three distinct road types in the vineyards, plus the Baumholder military roads and the Saarland country lanes.

It is the country lane sections that have caused disquiet.

"They have changed the whole nature of this event," said one leading WRC driver.

"It was really one of the greats before, but this time it's really boring.

"It's just straight all of the time, straight and then a nearly straight corner.

"What's the point in this? It's, for me, quite dull."

Hayden Paddon's co-driver Seb Marshall reckons the rally will be decided after the second run of the Baumholder stages on Saturday given the nature of the rest of the route.

"We have the vineyards on Friday, and, love them or loathe them, they have a real character to them," said Marshall.

"On Saturday, obviously it's Panzerplatte and we all know what a huge challenge that is.

"But the stages after that on Saturday and Sunday are all quite quick; certainly it's going to be hard to make a lot of time in those stages.

"The difference could come from the car, with a strong engine and good aero working really well - then it comes down to whose car sticks the best and gives enough confidence to keep the speed through the corners with a 'flat maybe' attached to them."

Citroen driver Craig Breen's main concern was with the six-mile Wadern-Weiskirchen superspecial, used three three times on Friday.

"I understand why the organisers have included the stage, it makes sense to bring the people in, but we're doing a couple of laps of this stage and we're doing it three times during the day," Breen told Autosport.

"In between us going in there, the organisers are going to be doing VIP runs on that road - by the time it's finished there could have been as many as 600 cars passing.

"If it rains, it'll be a nightmare - you can cut so, so much."

Rain is forecast for the opening day on Friday and Breen said wet weather will make a real difference.

"It would give [Thierry] Neuville a real advantage, a huge advantage [for running first on the road," he said.

"There's so much scope to cut corners, it'll be a real mess the further down the field you go.

"It's fair to say it's not the best route this time around.

"Once we get away from the vineyards and Baumholder and into the country roads, it's not so interesting.

"We've lost a lot of character of the rally."

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/131275/wrc-crews-call-new-germany-route-boring

Eli
17th August 2017, 11:55
https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/131275/wrc-crews-call-new-germany-route-boring

LoL, can't say I disagree...very short also...perhaps the organizers are afraid of the new cars so they make the rallies shorter this year...but back to the matter in hand, shame they took out so much of the vineyards stages.

Eli
17th August 2017, 11:55
WRC crews say new Rally Germany route 'really boring'

The revised Rally Germany route has been labelled "dull" and "boring" by World Rally Championship crews.

The event was moved south after Saarbrucken outbid the rally's traditional host city Trier, but the move has forced revisions to the route that have proved unpopular.

Rally Germany retains its format of using three distinct road types in the vineyards, plus the Baumholder military roads and the Saarland country lanes.

It is the country lane sections that have caused disquiet.

"They have changed the whole nature of this event," said one leading WRC driver.

"It was really one of the greats before, but this time it's really boring.

"It's just straight all of the time, straight and then a nearly straight corner.

"What's the point in this? It's, for me, quite dull."

Hayden Paddon's co-driver Seb Marshall reckons the rally will be decided after the second run of the Baumholder stages on Saturday given the nature of the rest of the route.

"We have the vineyards on Friday, and, love them or loathe them, they have a real character to them," said Marshall.

"On Saturday, obviously it's Panzerplatte and we all know what a huge challenge that is.

"But the stages after that on Saturday and Sunday are all quite quick; certainly it's going to be hard to make a lot of time in those stages.

"The difference could come from the car, with a strong engine and good aero working really well - then it comes down to whose car sticks the best and gives enough confidence to keep the speed through the corners with a 'flat maybe' attached to them."

Citroen driver Craig Breen's main concern was with the six-mile Wadern-Weiskirchen superspecial, used three three times on Friday.

"I understand why the organisers have included the stage, it makes sense to bring the people in, but we're doing a couple of laps of this stage and we're doing it three times during the day," Breen told Autosport.

"In between us going in there, the organisers are going to be doing VIP runs on that road - by the time it's finished there could have been as many as 600 cars passing.

"If it rains, it'll be a nightmare - you can cut so, so much."

Rain is forecast for the opening day on Friday and Breen said wet weather will make a real difference.

"It would give [Thierry] Neuville a real advantage, a huge advantage [for running first on the road," he said.

"There's so much scope to cut corners, it'll be a real mess the further down the field you go.

"It's fair to say it's not the best route this time around.

"Once we get away from the vineyards and Baumholder and into the country roads, it's not so interesting.

"We've lost a lot of character of the rally."

Sorry for the double post.

Fast Eddie WRC
17th August 2017, 12:08
This is how they fixed the muddy SP:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHa4y3XXoAABfA-.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
17th August 2017, 12:15

It was only a guess, we dont know unless he tells us. Maybe he was just late out of service so behind the other cars.

But as the road order changes after Friday the roads could well be very dirty for the leaders on Sat & Sun...

dimviii
17th August 2017, 12:22
https://web.facebook.com/pg/timoanisphotography/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1443161012430463

https://www.ewrc-results.com/video/23508-wrc-adac-rallye-deutschland-2017-shakedown-hd/

swanny
17th August 2017, 12:24
This is how they fixed the muddy SP:

Well, they don't muck around (insert stereotype German efficiency comment). Looks like more than a truckload or two of gravel. Wonder if they have to scrape it all off afterwards...

dimviii
17th August 2017, 12:27
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHbKlExXsAA_60e.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHbYn8cXgAECCRy.jpg

JUF
17th August 2017, 12:49

LoL, can't say I disagree...very short also...perhaps the organizers are afraid of the new cars so they make the rallies shorter this year...but back to the matter in hand, shame they took out so much of the vineyards stages. Yes, some truth in there. The Saarland country lanes look really boring indeed. It could be almost everywhere in Europe: in France, Belgium, Denmark, Poland... Nothing unique which can create spectacular pictures. But maybe "@world", Janus Ree etc. are able to suprise us :D. I don't want to critise the organizers before the actual rally takes place.

er88
17th August 2017, 12:49

Mikkelsen won the shakedown in Germany last year, being the fastest in every run in same car as Ogier and Latvala. His result in the first run is no big surprise, specially considering he ran it as 3rd on the road.Hopefully the conditions arent too bad and we can see Andreas fight at the front here for Citroen. He's got the experience and form in Germany to fight for a podium or higher, but if it rains again that C3 could quickly become a nightmare

dimviii
17th August 2017, 12:54
Andreas Mikkelsen‏*@AMikkelsenRally
These two legends will be my safety-crew for #RallyDeutschland - meet Bernt Kollevold and Cato Menkerud! #WRC #Citroen

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHbdFykXkAAQX52.jpg