PDA

View Full Version : Buying WRC 2017 Fiesta, Yaris and Citroen Street Cars

heathen
1st February 2017, 04:06
Ok, after watching Monte Carlo, I now know what car I'm buying.

What options do I have? I want it to look at much like their cars as possible, those body kit is pure sex. Are they street legal? Obviously, I want a street version of the cars but I want it to look as much like them as possible :)

Even since my V6 Wrx STI, I haven't had this much of a hard on for a car!

Should I wait? Should I buy? I've heard ordinary things about the ford fiesta mechanically. If only Suburu had a WRC 2017 car, I'd insta buy it I think.

Anyway, I'd love to get some feedback.

Grundo Farb
1st February 2017, 06:49
Ok, after watching Monte Carlo, I now know what car I'm buying.

What options do I have? I want it to look at much like their cars as possible, those body kit is pure sex. Are they street legal? Obviously, I want a street version of the cars but I want it to look as much like them as possible :)

Even since my V6 Wrx STI, I haven't had this much of a hard on for a car!

Should I wait? Should I buy? I've heard ordinary things about the ford fiesta mechanically. If only Suburu had a WRC 2017 car, I'd insta buy it I think.

Anyway, I'd love to get some feedback.

Should you wait for what? Sorry but what are you actually asking?

Simmi
1st February 2017, 08:03
Just Google the name of the road car with 2016/2017 behind it and prepare to be disappointed.

The days of homologation specials are gone. So really are the days of actually referencing rallying in your road car range.

There are rumours a Fiesta RS is coming but even then it will look nothing all like these WRC cars.

Rallyper
1st February 2017, 08:53
Should you wait for what? Sorry but what are you actually asking?

Itīs obvious that many rallyfans want roadcars looking similar to the ones driven in WRC rallies.
Why should it be a problem for Ford to have a RS with wider body and 4WD and decent engine 250+ hp? Or Toyota having Yaris in same clothes as WRC car, no not exactly, but still...
Agree with heathen.

SubaruNorway
1st February 2017, 09:10
Itīs obvious that many rallyfans want roadcars looking similar to the ones driven in WRC rallies.
Why should it be a problem for Ford to have a RS with wider body and 4WD and decent engine 250+ hp? Or Toyota having Yaris in same clothes as WRC car, no not exactly, but still...
Agree with heathen.

The New Focus RS has 350hp and 4WD, but to be honest it felt really tame. I would keep the STI if i were you heathen, especailly if you have snow.

heathen
1st February 2017, 11:04
I actually had my V6 STI stolen by Lebanese here in Sydney and now I drive a GTP Falcon (Australian Mustang Equivalent) and I'm going to buy another car in the next year.

This whole WRC this year has got me hyped up, the new cars just look amazing. If someone had said a few weeks ago that I would be seriously considering getting a Yaris, I would have dead set laughed at them.

I'm selling my house at the end of the year and will have enough to buy two cars, one for me and one for the wife. Have a budget of about 100k. I assume that the WRC version of the Fiesta is wider? What about picking up a Focus RS and spending some cash to make it look similar?

I know it sounds a bit childish but I miss my STI and desperately want to go back to something as fun and I've been waiting for a few years now for something that really jumps out at me. The sounds as well, It's been so long now. Call me fussy but I got to have one. I'll probably have it for 10 years.

My mind is definitely made up between the Yaris or Fiesta, if I have to wait a couple of years till something comes out that looks like them, so be it.

Just hoping you guys might know more than me.

Fast Eddie WRC
1st February 2017, 16:45
Sadly none of the 2017 WRC cars are likely to have a road-car equivalent any time soon and certainly not in terms of performance.

Probably the nearest you could go for at present is the R5 bodykit for the Fiesta ST Mk7.

http://shop.topbodykit.co.uk/produkty/2014/10/5181/640/Ford-Fiesta-MK--R--C-U-wide-body-kit-a_102035.jpg

Rallyper
1st February 2017, 17:17
Sadly none of the 2017 WRC cars are likely to have a road-car equivalent any time soon and certainly not in terms of performance.

Probably the nearest you could go for at present is the R5 bodykit for the Fiesta ST Mk7.

http://shop.topbodykit.co.uk/produkty/2014/10/5181/640/Ford-Fiesta-MK--R--C-U-wide-body-kit-a_102035.jpg

That one is well good enough! Right?

peter_85
1st February 2017, 18:10
In Poland there is a tuner Stec Motosport which making road car version of Fiesta Proto based on Evo X parts. Cost of building: 40 000 EUR.

https://i.wpimg.pl/730x0/m.autokult.pl/ford-fiesta-proto-by-ste-cb0fb36.jpg

http://m.autokult.pl/ford-fiesta-proto-by-ste-d617590,910,500,0,0.jpg

https://i.wpimg.pl/730x0/m.autokult.pl/ford-fiesta-proto-by-ste-8a968a8.jpg

heathen
2nd February 2017, 05:49
Not really, but definitely looks better.

I want those ridiculous front, side to back spoilers and body kit. They just look amazing. I don't care if it costs me MPG, I have to have it.

The car company that is intelligent enough to sell this will make a killing. As soon as people see them in the real world, they will sell. Mark my words. I want to be one of the first :)

Tarmop
2nd February 2017, 11:08
I doubt it. To build a similar car that will meet all the directives and regulations and also be fun to drive will be quite expensive and therefore pointless. If it would be so profitable, then we would have them already.

A FONDO
2nd February 2017, 17:47
Can you simply delete yourself instead?!

SubaruNorway
2nd February 2017, 18:18
can the mods please delete this garbage thread about body kits ?

there are other places and forums where you can exercise your ricer autism, not in the WRC section.

What do you drive NOT? You can tell a lot about a man by his car you know :)

N.O.T
2nd February 2017, 18:37
What do you drive NOT? You can tell a lot about a man by his car you know :)

http://i.imgur.com/RJFxqGM.jpg

dimviii
2nd February 2017, 19:13
specs?

N.O.T
2nd February 2017, 19:16
http://www.aprilia.com/assets/aprilia-sites/master/models/moto/road/tuono-V4-1100-Factory/Tech/2017/scheda_tecnica_tuono_v4_1100_factory_2017_eng/original/scheda_tecnica_tuono_v4_1100_factory_2017_eng.pdf

these are the specs for the 2017 model, i have the 2015 one without the homo euro 4 compliance engine.

Grundo Farb
3rd February 2017, 01:21
So what can we tell from that?

Other than likes risks, getting wet, wearing leather and displaying (like a bird of paradise sort of thing).

Nice bike btw.

Grundo Farb
3rd February 2017, 01:23
Not really, but definitely looks better.

I want those ridiculous front, side to back spoilers and body kit. They just look amazing. I don't care if it costs me MPG, I have to have it.

The car company that is intelligent enough to sell this will make a killing. As soon as people see them in the real world, they will sell. Mark my words. I want to be one of the first :)

You are definitely Australian...

heathen
3rd February 2017, 03:55

This is my current baby but its time for her to be put out to pasture.

This was my baby before my GT

This was a love story, pure and simple till it got stolen. That car was a weapon, never had so much fun in a car before and this 2017 WRC car has finally given me the motivation to do it again. This time though, I have more money to play with and plan on keeping it for at least 10 years :)

Just want to get advice from people who know more, not sure why you are being a dick.

Franky
3rd February 2017, 08:12
Just want to get advice from people who know more, not sure why you are being a dick.

Because it's his hobby

N.O.T
3rd February 2017, 09:25
again this thread should have no place in wrc section, move this garbage fast and furious talk for 16 year olds to the bar talk thread.

A FONDO
3rd February 2017, 11:23
This thread is right where it should be. Motorbikes are not.

danon
3rd February 2017, 12:24
^
^
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qi-cVZRLiSU/VG2cvTaPp_I/AAAAAAAACnI/vCxnD9-DZNk/s1600/ROFL2.gif

Gregor-y
3rd February 2017, 21:55
Just get another old Impreza. They don't really rust over there, right? Everything new has crummy visibility, anyway.

tolx
4th February 2017, 01:24
There will be no homolation specials whatsoever in the future, because the rules has changed and basically, there are no need to make a 4wd road car for rallying any more. R5 are built from bare shell, N4 are dead and gone.
So, yeah, try and get the best possible impreza or evo from japan and keep it nice and tidy.

janvanvurpa
4th February 2017, 01:46
Just get another old Impreza. They don't really rust over there, right? Everything new has crummy visibility, anyway.

Agreed..It's a smart man who realises he CAN go back and re-do something he loves and make it better..

They made a trillion GC8s, so finding a RHD shell should be easy enough, then build an engine with a steel crank instead of the junk cast iron EJ20 thing, some decent rods instead of the noodle they come with, and some pistons with a real normal dish rather than the squre, straight sided junk they come with and a decent 6 speed for the strength...and you got the basis of a decent car...A few nice afternoons stitch welding the shell so it doesn't flex itself to death and a guy could have an excellent Subie..

Why not?

Norm75
4th February 2017, 17:02
Agreed..It's a smart man who realises he CAN go back and re-do something he loves and make it better..

They made a trillion GC8s, so finding a RHD shell should be easy enough, then build an engine with a steel crank instead of the junk cast iron EJ20 thing, some decent rods instead of the noodle they come with, and some pistons with a real normal dish rather than the squre, straight sided junk they come with and a decent 6 speed for the strength...and you got the basis of a decent car...A few nice afternoons stitch welding the shell so it doesn't flex itself to death and a guy could have an excellent Subie..

Why not?might you be getting confused with the pile of junk ej25?
Not a lot wrong with ej20, especially jdm spec with nitride crank etc.
Only reason I've had mine for the last 9 years is because ej20 is more reliable than the ej25 that suffers head gasket and piston ring land failure. Decent when fully forged though.

janvanvurpa
5th February 2017, 02:03
might you be getting confused with the pile of junk ej25?
Not a lot wrong with ej20, especially jdm spec with nitride crank etc.
Only reason I've had mine for the last 9 years is because ej20 is more reliable than the ej25 that suffers head gasket and piston ring land failure. Decent when fully forged though.

EEEErrrr, no.. I've been metal worker for 45+ years, built real competition motors since 1969---and car motors as work since '84.. I know what cast iron is and what it looks like when it is broken...it looks different from steel when steel is broken....seen that too..
EJ20 crank, which we found when my friend broke his JDM STI ver4 crankshaft , is the same part number as the EJ18 cranks..Cast iron...and broke just like cast iron..
Nitriding is a surface treatment for extended wear.
It can be done to any ferrous material. It does not make anything tougher or more resistant to breakage, it makes it slippier, more resistance to surface wear...

But that doesn't not stop the cracks from forming which is the eternal problem of cast iron..

That's why I make steel flywheels for Volvo and ford rally use..steel...not OEM iron.

Sorry, EJ20 can and sometimes DO go good, but just for a while....

Pretty hard to confuse a 92mm piston with a giant EJ25 flower pot.

Norm75
5th February 2017, 10:55
Oh I completely agree, die cast is crap. I have snapped a crank like a carrot on one of my bikes.
9 years and 135k down the road and my subaru is still fine, OK for a road car (what the thread is about) but yes for a race/rally car completely the wrong material to use.

Fast Eddie WRC
21st February 2017, 21:29
Not a 2017 WRC but you can buy a car with more power and crazy aero...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5OB_-qVYAApLoy.jpg:large

Gemballa has built a 911 Turbo with 809bhp called 'Avalanche' ;) http://www.tpgr.me/9o4A309dEFj