PDA

View Full Version : Vodafone Rally de Portugal 2017 [May 18-21]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Andre Oliveira
15th January 2017, 19:49
Rally Guide 1 out -> http://www.rallydeportugal.pt/ResourcesUser/Documentos/Rally_Guide_1/2017/Rally_Guide1_VRP2017_GB.pdf

Maps: http://www.rallydeportugal.pt/ResourcesUser/Documentos/Rally_Guide_1/2017/Rally_Guide1_VRP2017_Appendixes2.pdf

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2PG7ucXcAEyuHt?format=jpg&name=large

Montim is monday test stage of past years. Comeback of the "destroyer" stage Luílhas

Simmi
15th January 2017, 20:48
Time to get some flights booked!

rogef
15th January 2017, 21:09
I'll be there from 15 to 21

jparker
16th March 2017, 20:02
Working on my budget tonight, so I have few questions.
day pass is €90, and full pass is €210
How is that compared to other events?
Are the designated spectators areas the only place to whatch the rally? If no, is pass still required for the rest?
Thanks

EstWRC
16th March 2017, 20:07
in finland full pass is 65 (last year) ... 210 is a lot man but i dont know maybe finlands pas sis very cheap? in spain they dont have a pass at all as far as i know

jparker
16th March 2017, 20:19
in finland full pass is 65 (last year) ... 210 is a lot man but i dont know maybe finlands pas sis very cheap? in spain they dont have a pass at all as far as i know

pass is comming with parking, food, access to service area, but still looks very expensive
https://rallydeportugal.facestore.pt/rally-pass-sabado

Mirek
16th March 2017, 20:19
I was told by Tommeke that it's some VIP pass. Normal entry is free.

tommeke_B
16th March 2017, 20:20
As far as I know no passes are needed to watch the rally. I think these are comparable to for example the Gold pass in Sardinia, or VIP pass in Poland. They'll give you some extra access (for example tribunes) on certain places, but definitely not a must have. ;)

jparker
16th March 2017, 20:25
I was told by Tommeke that it's some VIP pass. Normal entry is free.
No, just regular one. Gold pass is €990
https://rallydeportugal.facestore.pt/rally-pass-gold-single

NickRally
16th March 2017, 20:34
Hi guys, I was considering visiting an European round of the WRC this year and after thinking about Corsica, my opinion was swayed to consider another one and naturally my choice fell on Portugal. So now plane tickets and hotel booked, but as you may know from the Corsican thread, I am more interested in the technical matters than watching the whole event, so I am planning to be there for only two days, arriving on 17th May in the morning and staying for the shakedown on 18th May. My question following the discussion above is, do I need to buy a pass or is the access to the service park and the shakedown stage free? Any help and advice will be genuinely appreciated.

Franky
16th March 2017, 20:34
No, just regular one. Gold pass is €990
https://rallydeportugal.facestore.pt/rally-pass-gold-single

Forget the rally pass unless you want the extra costly luxuries.

NickRally
16th March 2017, 20:39
After looking at the above links, I think I will only need a ticket for the shakedown, but please correct me if I am wrong.

jparker
16th March 2017, 20:40
Hi guys, I was considering visiting an European round of the WRC this year and after thinking about Corsica, my opinion was swayed to consider another one and naturally my choice fell on Portugal. So now plane tickets and hotel booked, but as you may know from the Corsican thread, I am more interested in the technical matters than watching the whole event, so I am planning to be there for only two days, arriving on 17th May in the morning and staying for the shakedown on 18th May. My question following the discussion above is, do I need to buy a pass or is the access to the service park and the shakedown stage free? Any help and advice will be genuinely appreciated.

check the link i posted. If I read correctly, only one day pass gives you access to service area for all 3 days.

jparker
16th March 2017, 20:42
After looking at the above links, I think I will only need a ticket for the shakedown, but please correct me if I am wrong.

yes, just one day pass or SD pass and you are covered

NickRally
16th March 2017, 20:43
Thanks

Andre Oliveira
16th March 2017, 20:49
Only shakedown, Lousada SSS and the seats of Braga City Stage need ticket. All the rest is free.

Andre Oliveira
16th March 2017, 20:49
Service Park is closed to public unless you get the VIP Pass

NickRally
16th March 2017, 21:06
So I wouldn't be able to visit the service park on 17th?

NickRally
16th March 2017, 21:07
In the link above I can't see any tickets or passes or any reference to 17th May

Andre Oliveira
16th March 2017, 21:11
It is the VIP pass.

Security guys didn't allow a friend take photos in last year. If you want those tech pics i don't invite you to came. If you want see a proper gravel rally, then yes :) come here, great event.

Meekefan
16th March 2017, 21:15
Working on my budget tonight, so I have few questions.
day pass is €90, and full pass is €210
How is that compared to other events?
Are the designated spectators areas the only place to whatch the rally? If no, is pass still required for the rest?
Thanks

You do not need the pass, unless you want to save some km's in your legs. You wont be so close of the cars on service park, and the "vip's" could be a prague in the busiest times because they will be ahead of you. The will take the attention of the drivers for themselves. But do not worry, with some patience you could manage the situations very well and save some money.

NickRally
16th March 2017, 21:27
It is the VIP pass.

Security guys didn't allow a friend take photos in last year. If you want those tech pics i don't invite you to came. If you want see a proper gravel rally, then yes :) come here, great event.

Thanks Andre,
According to this link: https://rallydeportugal.facestore.pt/rally-pass-quinta-feira you have access to the service park - am I reading this correctly?

Andre Oliveira
16th March 2017, 21:32
Yes, thats it.

NickRally
16th March 2017, 21:48
Thanks, well if I have to buy one of these, then so be it, still a lot cheaper (at 75 euro) than getting to Corsica for example. Do you have to buy it in advance or can you get it at the "gate"?

Andre Oliveira
16th March 2017, 21:57
I don't know. Never bought that. But allready bought shakedown and Lousada to this year too.

NickRally
16th March 2017, 21:59
Thanks Andre, that's OK, I e-mailed them, let's see what they say, if they respond of course :)

Simmi
17th March 2017, 10:15
Portugal is the next event for me. After the Algarve in 2014 I'm really looking forward to my first Rally Portugal in the north. Tickets for SD and Lousada booked by friends in Portugal. No idea what stages we will do apart from Fafe. Travelling very light so I would not want to be sat next to me on the flight home haha!

Rallyper
17th March 2017, 11:25
Portugal for me too. Travelling with company Rallytravels and Per Carlsson. First proper gravelrally this year with "all" 2017 cars. Will be nice visiting north part since I was in Albufeira in 2011.

NickRally
17th March 2017, 11:34
Just got a response from the Rally Portugal organisers and it said that the service park is free on 17th May.

Rally Power
17th March 2017, 15:10
Just got a response from the Rally Portugal organisers and it said that the service park is free on 17th May.

Great to know! In 2015 service park was also free all days but because there was a huge affluence they’ve decided to restrict the entrance last year. Besides André and Meekefan indications a few more: shakedown has 2 free spectators zones (ZE’s) outside the karting complex but the inside worth the money. The ticket costs 10€ (20€ for a seat on the stand, but the view is great on both spots). Lousada is always an entretaining experience and Braga street stage, like Porto last year, is a must go SSS. One of the new stages, Cabeceiras de Basto, has an amazing fast section wit a large sight, that will probably be a ZE also. A few ZE’s are exclusive to Rally Pass buyers but overall there’s no need to pay for it, as this is still a mainly free rally for spectators.

Btw, with so many of you here it’d be nice to make a forum reunion!

Link to shakedown sight, Braga SSS 3d map and last year ZE’s (some are new or different this year).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOkIO0gjJ_k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc8IJruhTwI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJKKvCMKay0&list=PLuWiT5dEgAxTszxC44xpTKQTHevdd6g6y

NickRally
17th March 2017, 18:57
Thanks for this additional insight Rally Power, it all helps.

NickRally
19th March 2017, 23:56
When I asked my question about the access to the service park on 17th May, I sent it to all of the e-mail addresses listed on the webstore site and the first answer that came (from Loja ACP) was as posted above.
Today though (on Sunday at 20:37 Portuguese time!), I received a second response (sender "rallypass") saying there is no public access to the service park on 17th May and that this access opens up to the public on 18th May with no requirement for a ticket. I really struggle to believe this second response as it not only contradicts the first answer, but also the official webstore, which claims that one of the advantages of obtaining a rally pass is the access to the service park.
I am posting this as I don't want to mislead anybody with the first answer above. Having said that, anybody is free to decide who they wish to believe and who not to.

Sardalense
20th March 2017, 13:39
When I asked my question about the access to the service park on 17th May, I sent it to all of the e-mail addresses listed on the webstore site and the first answer that came (from Loja ACP) was as posted above.
Today though (on Sunday at 20:37 Portuguese time!), I received a second response (sender "rallypass") saying there is no public access to the service park on 17th May and that this access opens up to the public on 18th May with no requirement for a ticket. I really struggle to believe this second response as it not only contradicts the first answer, but also the official webstore, which claims that one of the advantages of obtaining a rally pass is the access to the service park.
I am posting this as I don't want to mislead anybody with the first answer above. Having said that, anybody is free to decide who they wish to believe and who not to.

Last year I was not allowed to enter the service park with a rally pass during wednesday afternoon. I was there during the morning, and then left to watch the scrutineering nearby Exponor and when I came back I had to call someone from the inside to pick me up by car at the entrance of Exponor because the security guy didn't let me pass.

NickRally
20th March 2017, 15:45
In that case I need to make sure I sneak in in the morning and don't leave till the evening :)

rodrigonm
21st March 2017, 12:14
Hi Guys,
My name is Rodrigo Neto Marques and I am the Rally Pass manager for the Vodafone Rally of Portugal.
Yesterday I wrote here a post where I explained and answered to all your doubts and questions on this thread.
Unfortunately, my post his not visible yet. probably because i´m new here.
I´ll wait until tomorrow and if nothing happens, I will post again in order to help you decide the best way to follow our rally.
Thanks to everyone for the interest.

Andre Oliveira
21st March 2017, 12:20
Obrigado Rodrigo :)

NickRally
21st March 2017, 13:02
Hi Rodrigo, your insight will be hugely appreciated, thank you for choosing to step in.

Rally Power
21st March 2017, 13:15
Obrigado Rodrigo :)

Obrigado se for para dar umas dicas porreiras de sítios, acessos, etc. Se for para impingir Rally Passes que fiquem lá com eles. Aos impostos, taxas e taxinhas que pagamos e sendo o rali acertada e altamente financiado pelas Câmaras e o Estado (Turismo), bem que merecemos vê-lo de borla...

rodrigonm
22nd March 2017, 05:04
Hi to all,

I have took notice of this thread and decided to step in to answer some of your doubts.

My name is Rodrigo and i am the Rally Pass manager. I am not here to sell rally passes, but it looks like that a explanation of the services could be helpfull for you to decide how to follow this event.

Most important thing. The Vodafone Rally of Portugal is a free really to follow live. Like other rallies on the South of Europe, like Spain, France, Italy, stage access is completely free.

For security reasons the organization of the rally, defines several ZE on each stage. ZE stands for Zona Espectaculo which means Spectator Zone. So, the only thing you need to do is to find the information about the ZE´s available in 2017. This type of information will be available on the official website of the Rally of Portugal, but also on magazines one week before the event (Autosport or Autohoje are a couple of those).

It is up to you to decide where is best for you to go, depending on what you like most.

Access to the Service Park is also completely free. Last year the Service Park was closed until Thursday, but this year it will opens on Wednesday (17th May), and you can see live the technical inspections if you wish.

Now, about Rally Pass, it is important to understand what it really is on the Portuguese event.

Rally Pass is a term for tickets to stages. That´s exactly what happens in rallies of the North of Europe, like Sweden, Finland or Poland for example.

On these countries you must buy a Rally Pass to enter the spectator zones on each stage. Parking is not included on most cases.

Then on specific stages there is an hospitality facility where you can buy also the access. So for example in Finland you buy a Rally Pass for 65€ and then if you want more comfort and go inside the hospitality tent, you must pay up to 175€ more or something like that. And only for that specific day.

In Portugal, we developed the Rally Pass concept to a wider set of services. As our rally is free, we decided to create one exclusive spectator zone per day, on one stage only to accomodate corporate clients and organized groups that needed a place not so crowded to bring their guests.

This concept became so popular, specially because our rally brings thousands of people to the stages and it´s hard to reach those ZE, that we started to have also individual guests that prefer to spend some money to benefit from Rally Pass advantages.

Those advantages are; Exclusive road access to avoid traffic jams, parking guaranteed at no more than 200meters away from the zone, giant screen, tribunes for better viewings, bathrooms and restaurant option. Besides that it includes tickets for Thursday Shakedown and SS1 Lousada. And at the service park you can get exclusive parking and the right to walk closer to the teams.

So Rally Pass in Portugal must be seen as an Hospitality option. It´s wrong to think that you are obliged to get it. Not at all.

I hope this explanation helps you to decide the way to follow our rally. I will be around if someone has further questions or doubts.

Cheers,

NickRally
22nd March 2017, 05:21
Thanks for the detailed explanation Rodrigo. You mentioned the pass gives "the right to walk closer to the teams" at the service park - what do you mean by this?

rodrigonm
22nd March 2017, 05:21
Obrigado se for para dar umas dicas porreiras de sítios, acessos, etc. Se for para impingir Rally Passes que fiquem lá com eles. Aos impostos, taxas e taxinhas que pagamos e sendo o rali acertada e altamente financiado pelas Câmaras e o Estado (Turismo), bem que merecemos vê-lo de borla...

Caro Rally Power,

A minha primeira intenção neste tópico foi ajudar especialmente quem é de fora a perceber as diferentes formas que tem para ver o rally.

Sobre a localização das ZE e dos acessos creio que inda não há informação oficial, mas a seu tempo será pública. Nessa altura caso queira saber algo mais, tentarei obter respostas internamente, pois confesso que não domino a totalidade dos troços, já que estou mais focado naqueles onde temos as zonas Rally Pass (Caminha, Amarante e Fafe).

De resto, tal como disse no post que coloquei acima, é errado pensar-se que o Rally Pass é uma ameaça às zonas de público. É simplesmente uma opção que até é mais usada para receber empresas, grupos organizados, e pessoas que se não existisse Rally Pass se calhar nem se deslocavam para ver a prova.

Há espaço para tudo e para todos. Especialmente num rali em que o seu DNA é o fantástico público que o segue nos troços.

Espero poder ter ajudado.

rodrigonm
22nd March 2017, 05:26
Thanks for the detailed explanation Rodrigo. You mentioned the pass gives "the right to walk closer to the teams" at the service park - what do you mean by this?

Hi Nick.

Actually it was me that replied your email last week about the Service Park dates. Sorry for the wrong information, but since last year, it only opened on Thursday, I thought this year was the same. But now i can confirm that on the 17th you can go in.

About your question. Rally Pass holders gain access to walk in front of the teams, and stand on the side of the safety belts they use to protect their work area and motorhome. Normal public must stay 3 or 4 meters behind as they cannot go through the public barriers. So if you are looking for photgraphs or autographs, it´s quite an advantage.

NickRally
22nd March 2017, 05:43
Thanks Rodrigo, this info is very helpful.
Presumably the rally pass can be bought at the gate or does it have to be bought in advance?

rodrigonm
22nd March 2017, 12:09
Thanks Rodrigo, this info is very helpful.
Presumably the rally pass can be bought at the gate or does it have to be bought in advance?

When you are completely sure you want to buy it, just do it, because Rally Pass always sells out. Last year on the last week there were only 17 left and they were sold in a day.
On the web you can find it on the official event website or on the official hospitality agent website. Send me a private message or email (the one you used last time) and I will send you the links.

if you decide to buy onsite, you also have two options. The official merchandising shop or at the Rally Pass Help Desk, located inside the Hotel Tryp Expo Porto, just 200 meters away from the Service Park main entrance.

NickRally
22nd March 2017, 13:40
Thanks again Rodrigo, I will keep this in mind.

NickRally
22nd March 2017, 14:25
I went through all the passes in the webstore and as far as I can see they all start from 18th May, i.e. nothing for 17th.

Rally Power
22nd March 2017, 15:14
Há espaço para tudo e para todos. Especialmente num rali em que o seu DNA é o fantástico público que o segue nos troços.

Ámen. Sucintamente, porque quebrei, e fi-lo quebrar, a regra de aqui comunicar apenas em inglês: entendo o interesse que o Rally Pass desperta em quem nos visita, daí o meu desabafo ter sido em português, mas lamento a crescente dificuldade que os não portadores do passe enfrentam para acompanhar o Rali, sobretudo nos acessos aos troços e às assistências. As restrições à circulação em prol da segurança devem ser apoiadas por todos, mas as que ocorrem por motivações comerciais tornam-se difíceis de aceitar. Por isso, mas também por reconhecer o elevado profissionalismo de todos quantos no ACP se dedicam ao Rali de Portugal, vos peço: façam os possíveis para que a festa nacional dos ralis não se transforme num evento elitista, evitando segregar o público em espectadores de 1ª e de 2ª. Bem hajam. Sigo na língua obrigatória.

So, best wishes to this year event. Hope it’ll be, once again, a success and the new stages, especially Braga SSS, will please everybody. Keep up the good work. See you in May!

rodrigonm
24th March 2017, 12:56
I went through all the passes in the webstore and as far as I can see they all start from 18th May, i.e. nothing for 17th.

Yes Nick. That´s because no one needs a pass on the 17th. You can visit the Service Park and specially the technical inspections that this year will occur inside the Service Park (past 2 years they happened at the VW dealership right next to the SP)

NickRally
24th March 2017, 13:17
Thanks Rodrigo, just wanted to confirm this, very informative.

rodrigonm
4th April 2017, 10:43
Hey guys,

Just an important info if someone wants to buy Rally Pass because of one of the benefits that I wrote on previous posts.

Apparently the Service Park layout is going to change in 2017, meaning that there will be no corridor near the teams. This was one of the Rally Pass holders advantages, but it seems that it´s no more.

So, now everyone can access the same spaces at Service Park freely.

rodrigonm
4th April 2017, 10:47
Another info:

Information about the free ZE´s should be available online at the event´s webpage, one month before the rally. Stay tuned.

There will also be available 2 Fun Zones on Friday and 2 on Saturday.
Fun zones are areas where the organization invites people to concentrate and wait until the opening of road access to the ZE´s of some stages.
This info will also be available in the next weeks.

Andre Oliveira
9th April 2017, 16:11
Dream list (?)

1 Ogier
2 Tänak
3 Evans
4 Paddon
5 Neuville
6 Sordo
7 Meeke
8 Breen
9 Lefebvre
10 Latvala
11 Hänninen
12 Lappi
14 Østberg
15 Gorban
Prokop
Al-Qassimi
Solberg
Al-Rahji

R5

Al-Attyiah
Al-Kuwari
Al-Suwadi
Alves
Andolfi
Barbosa
Bergkvist
Bestard
Bonato
Bouffier
Brynildsen
Camilli
Castro
Fontes
Fuchs
Gilbert
Giordano
Grøndal
Guerra
Heller
Koči
Kołtun
Kopecký
Loubet
Meireles
Mikkelsen
Pedder
Pellier
Pieniążek
Ptaszek
Ramos
Rossel
Salvi
Sosa
Suninen
Tempestini
Vatanen
Veiby

pantealex
11th April 2017, 14:32
WRC2
Toyota Gazoo juniors:
Hiroki Arai and
Takamoto Katsuta
will do Portugal with Fiesta R5

Simmi
11th April 2017, 15:08
Should be a nice list for sure. Can't wait.

No Bertelli for Portugal?

jparker
13th April 2017, 22:33
Only shakedown, Lousada SSS and the seats of Braga City Stage need ticket. All the rest is free.

Hi Andre, all,
It's pretty clearly explained, but just to confirm once again. No free access to shakedown and Lousada SSS, but free access in Braga City Stage is possible?
Are the tickets for Lousada SSS limited, or OK to buy at the gates?
Thank you

Andre Oliveira
13th April 2017, 23:13
Hi. Yes, no free view space to Shakedown (big part, you only can see the first meters before entering in Baltar "Arena" without ticket) and Lousada (All paid).

I don't take risks. Huge crowd. Tickets could not rest to last minute guys ;)

pantealex
18th April 2017, 14:56
Finally 3 Yaris WRC
-Latvala
-Hänninen
-Lappi
Confirmed by TGR.

Simmi
18th April 2017, 18:38
Does anyone know whether Al-Qassimi is still going to do Portugal in a C3? I believe there was a list published a while ago that had Citroen down for four cars on this event.

Andre Oliveira
18th April 2017, 20:13
That's the plan

Fast Eddie WRC
18th April 2017, 21:28
Finally 3 Yaris WRC
-Latvala
-Hänninen
-Lappi
Confirmed by TGR.

Esapekka Lappi Rally‏: 'This is the moment I have been waiting and working for all of my life! Proud and happy!'

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9sFZCtW0AEJZJo.jpg

https://twitter.com/EsapekkaLappi/status/854247243683160064

Andre Oliveira
19th April 2017, 10:12
https://youtu.be/-awxlY-qNnI

dimviii
19th April 2017, 13:14
formula1 video speed.

rodrigonm
21st April 2017, 10:58
Hi Guys,
The rally will be officially presented on the 27th April at Matosinhos. After that all info about stages and spectators zones should start to come out.
Stay tuned.

AnttiL
21st April 2017, 11:04
Hi Guys,
The rally will be officially presented on the 27th April at Matosinhos. After that all info about stages and spectators zones should start to come out.
Stay tuned.

Entry list as well?

NickRally
24th April 2017, 10:28
Hi all, I hope I am not breaking any forum rules with the post below, but if I do apologies. Just to let you know that I have a Rallypass for 18th May, Thursday, which I can only make use of till around 15:00 hours in the afternoon, after which I am flying home, so I will not be able to use it for the Lousada special stage – if anybody is interested in getting it so that they can watch the Lousada stage, while I am still in the service park on Thursday afternoon before going back to the airport, please pm me.

rodrigonm
24th April 2017, 17:35
Entry list as well?

The entry list will also be known in the following days. This year we do not have the WRC3 and Junior classes, so the total number of participants has dropped to almost 65 cars.

Andre Oliveira
24th April 2017, 22:20
Miguel Campos / António Costa in AR Vidal Skoda Fabia R5

pantealex
25th April 2017, 07:17
The entry list will also be known in the following days. This year we do not have the WRC3 and Junior classes, so the total number of participants has dropped to almost 65 cars.

Every event has WRC3 ;)

rodrigonm
27th April 2017, 09:45
Every event has WRC3 ;)

You are totally right. I really don´t know why I said that. It´s only the Junior WRC that we miss in Portugal this year.

AnttiL
27th April 2017, 17:25
http://www.rallydeportugal.pt/content.aspx?menuid=2&eid=2420&bl=1

Al-Qassimi and Lappi make their debuts in 2017 cars, Østberg is in as well. WRC Trophy class has Prokop, Gorban and Jean-Michel Raoux (on Citroen).

PLuto
27th April 2017, 19:49
You are totally right. I really don´t know why I said that. It´s only the Junior WRC that we miss in Portugal this year.

I know why you said it. Because nobody is interested in WRC3 ;)

jbmarcus21
27th April 2017, 21:58
17 WRC include 3 ex-WRC entry to Portugal without Mikkelsen behind the wheel of WRC Car → http://bit.ly/2qkbPCI

N.O.T
30th April 2017, 21:13
Could you guys provide me with GPS coordinates of the spot shown in this video (SS12/15 Amarante):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe6suUouWRM

why ?

jparker
30th April 2017, 21:32
why ?

I like it and I'm planning to go there. Why?

N.O.T
30th April 2017, 21:48
I like it and I'm planning to go there.

what is it that you like kid ? does your loved ones know of your bad taste ? there is a cure you know...

jparker
30th April 2017, 22:04
what is it that you like kid ? does your loved ones know of your bad taste ? there is a cure you know...
Well, there is no cure for you, that's for sure.

AL14
30th April 2017, 22:48
Ouch, that was very good!
He out-trolled him. Nice one

N.O.T
30th April 2017, 23:41
Ouch, that was very good!
He out-trolled him. Nice one

Et tu, Brute?

Simmi
1st May 2017, 09:07
Surely we'll have an entry list by what, Wednesday this week?

jparker
1st May 2017, 10:22
Something is not right with the mobile version of the forum. Every time I try to edit my post, it gets deleted.
Anyway, just wanted to post the GPS coordinates I asked about: 41.305880,-7.947388
I hope someone can confirm.

Rally Power
1st May 2017, 14:12
Something is not right with the mobile version of the forum. Every time I try to edit my post, it gets deleted.
Anyway, just wanted to post the GPS coordinates I asked about: 41.305880,-7.947388

Not totally sure but that spot seems to be last year spectators zone (ZE) 26 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyITUkm_gDM. That ZE is not on this year ZE’s list, so probably it's not permitted to go there.

2017 ZE’s are online here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuWiT5dEgAxTsBUTRJph8ByjZYV-Muuw_

steve.mandzij
1st May 2017, 14:32
http://www.rallydeportugal.pt/content.aspx?menuid=2&eid=2420&bl=1

Al-Qassimi and Lappi make their debuts in 2017 cars, Østberg is in as well. WRC Trophy class has Prokop, Gorban and Jean-Michel Raoux (on Citroen).
Wasn't Prokop supposed to be driving together with Ostberg in WRC?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

pantealex
1st May 2017, 14:55
Wasn't Prokop supposed to be driving together with Ostberg in WRC?

He is. But he is still driving 2016 version.

jparker
1st May 2017, 18:27
Not totally sure but that spot seems to be last year spectators zone (ZE) 26 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyITUkm_gDM. That ZE is not on this year ZE’s list, so probably it's not permitted to go there.

2017 ZE’s are online here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuWiT5dEgAxTsBUTRJph8ByjZYV-Muuw_

Thank you RP, very helpful. I was't aware access outside the ZEs is not allowed.

Watson
1st May 2017, 19:43
So what are you guys expectations considering Lappi? I have to admit I don't know very much about him.

steve.mandzij
1st May 2017, 20:56
So what are you guys expectations considering Lappi? I have to admit I don't know very much about him.
Honestly, I have high expectations. What's for sure is that he has two possible outcomes: become a Breen or become a Lefebvre.

EstWRC
1st May 2017, 21:09
i dont have that high expectations because it is his first outing in a WRC car. Finishing without mistakes and maybe some pushing on some stages would be good, its all about gaining experience for him.

Its up to Meeke if he is gonna win it or bin it...and a great battle for remaining podium places or for a win (If Meeke crashes) between, Ogier, Neuville and Tänak.

Thousandlakes
1st May 2017, 21:21
Lappi is super talent and his natural speed especially in gravel is high level.

He hasnt test yaris much so he has lack of experience about this car. He will start in Portugal carefully and I dont expect him to do good stages times first day. I am disapponted if he not beating Latvala in some stages.

If we go back in time and year 2012 when he became well known in rally scene. Lappi drove fiesta s2000 in rally Finland and doing superb stages times. Beating in many stages Ogier, P-G Andersson, Breen and Mikkelsen. He won challenging Ouninpohja stage Ogier more than 10 seconds.

Last years rally Finland he lost many stages under 1 sec/km top wrc drivers. Some stages lost only 0,5 sec/km. Tells a lot of natural speed.

In tarmac I am not sure his top speed. His motorsport backround comes from karting and He is finnish champion in karting. Tells a lot also.

He seems to be nice character and sense of humour is there. Many funny comments in past. Wrc world need personalities.

He belong in wrc level definitely. Wait and see...

bugwrx
1st May 2017, 21:22
wondering if these crashes might get into Meekes head .. I mean, like 6 crashes in 5 events ?

Im afraid hes gonna crash again, even if takes it a little slower.

macebig
1st May 2017, 21:28
Meeke's and Lappi's target should be the same.A clean rally first and foremost.Anything more is a plus.

Mirek
1st May 2017, 21:55
Lappi is super talent and his natural speed especially in gravel is high level.

Lappi hasn't been exactly impressive in last several years, one Rally Finland 4 years a go hardly counts. He failed to win full gravel APRC with only one competitor, he nearly failed in taking ERC against Wiegand who is described as nobody by many in here (Wiegand lost the title himself with an accident on Corsica) and he managed to succeed only at the second attempt in WRC2 while he was driving a works car against mainly privateer competitors. Besides that he managed to crash in majority of asphalt events which he did. He saved his reputation in 2016 but the two years before 2014-2015 can be described only as rather bad.

Beware that drivers who are not called super talents managed to win the named championships rather easily - Hänninen, or Kopecký.

Watson
1st May 2017, 21:58
Thanks for the insight guys.

I want to quickly explain my ignorance. I started getting into the WRC at 2000ish. I liked it because of the big competition between Subaru, Peugeot and Ford and also the other brands involved back then (Hyundai, Skoda and Mitsubishi). I am a Ford fan cause people in my family drive them, some enthusiasts because they were big in supplying engines in F1 (yeah that's a long time ago), but I always found F1 a too sterile. So the peak for me was seeing the rise of Märtin and Duval, eventhough they didn't really work out for very different reasons as well as Grönholm and Hirvonen getting the manufacturers title for Ford. So when Peugeot, Subaru and finally (kinda) Ford left the sport, Loeb was just winning everything and they started downgrading the cars I found it kinda boring. VW just coming in and throwing a ton of money at their project made it worse. So all I did the last few years was checking results but not really going in depth. Now things have changed and the number of manufacturers and the more exciting cars got me hooked again. And as I said i like a young talent coming up so it's good to see people like Lappi, Tidemand and Suninen.

But enough of me.

Its up to Meeke if he is gonna win it or bin it...and a great battle for remaining podium places or for a win (If Meeke crashes) between, Ogier, Neuville and Tänak.

True, though now I am unsure what I should expect of Sordo (showed good speed until it went all wrong for him) and Evans. Was it just Argentina or have they had a revelation in testing and can repeat that sort of pace?

Thousandlakes
1st May 2017, 23:45
Good points Mirek. Last years not good for Lappi. My point is to show that he has the natural speed there like forexample last year rally Finland ss5. Amazing stage there for him.

That kind of stage times not came from coincidence. What we dont know is his mental capabilities in high level. Can he drive whole weekend same speed without mistakes? I expect him to take some good stage times in Portugal. Prove me wrong later.

EstWRC
2nd May 2017, 06:17
True, though now I am unsure what I should expect of Sordo (showed good speed until it went all wrong for him) and Evans. Was it just Argentina or have they had a revelation in testing and can repeat that sort of pace?

oh, totally forgot Sordo and Evans, dmack tyres should work very well in portugal too and of course Paddon. thats the great thing this year in championship, so many drivers can fight for a win and especially for a podium places this season.

AnttiL
2nd May 2017, 06:23
I'm expecting Lappi to do well, but I'm also willing to give him time to set in. It's not just him that's new to the WRC, the car and team are also relatively new and there's no target to win rallies this year. I'm happy if Lappi shows signs of speed, good stage times and/or decent points positions. Not yet in Portugal, but if it hasn't happened yet in Rally Finland, I'm a bit disappointed. At least he can't be slower than Hänninen and Lefevbre, instead I'd compare his times more with Breen, Evans, Paddon and Østberg. And I gotta agree with Thousandlakes that Lappi is a witty guy whose post-stage comments will be entertaining.

Simmi
2nd May 2017, 10:25
Six months without a competitive rally for Lappi too so it's fair to just let him settle in. If he can set some top-five stage times that would really be fantastic.

Rally Power
2nd May 2017, 13:09
Lappi hasn't been exactly impressive in last several years, (…) he managed to succeed only at the second attempt in WRC2 while he was driving a works car against mainly privateer competitors. Besides that he managed to crash in majority of asphalt events which he did (…)
Really?!? So, Evans, Tideman and Kopecky were privateers…mate, the only privateer that was fighting for WRC2 ’16 title with Skoda and MSport guys was Suninen, and even he was paid by a manu (TMG). Lappi beat fair and square all of them and his SS’s wins record speaks for himself: 66 wins all season long, against 37 for Suninen, 35 for Evans, 34 for Tideman and 29 for Kopecky. Besides wining 3 gravel rallies he also won Germany and his only serious mistake was being stuck on a ditch in Sweden (he still finished 3rd). Without Italy and Poland mechanical problems he would have become champion much sooner.

Lappi has been repeatedly diminished on this forum and honestly I can’t understand why. He’s clearly one of the most talented drivers of his generation and he totally deserves a WRC seat. I won’t say (yet) that he’s a future WRC champ (I’m also concerned about EstWRC bleeding eyes condition…) but no one can seriously doubt that he’s fast on gravel and on tarmac (not so common on a Finn) and that last year he hugely improved his reliability.

Honestly, I have high expectations. What's for sure is that he has two possible outcomes: become a Breen or become a Lefebvre.

Like the others have said, it’ll be a learning season for him (straight from a R5 to a WRC’17 car) and I hope he can make a sensible and steady progression, even if I wouldn’t be surprised to see him getting close to the top 5 in some events. Best luck to him!

Mirek
2nd May 2017, 13:25
Really?!? So, Evans, Tideman and Kopecky were privateers…

You're twisting my words, man.

First I said clearly mainly privateers competitors and I stand my ground. Evans and Tidemand were works drivers but there was around 30 privateer ones in the fight. I don't count Kopecký and his three starts per year. He has never been more than a curiosity in the championship thanks to his very limited program.

I also clearly said that Lappi did well in 2016. I said he had rather bad 2014 and 2015 years and that is true. Don't You agree? He was the only one from Škoda who did full seven events in 2015 and he finished only 4th behind Al Attiyah, Al Kuwari and Protasov! All of them are privateers and can be easily called gentleman drivers. By point/start ratio Lappi finished 2015 even worse because only there those like Kopecký and Tidemand come into the equation (they didn't do enough events otherwise).

Rally Power
2nd May 2017, 13:27
Thank you RP, very helpful. I was't aware access outside the ZEs is not allowed.

ZE’s are the authorized spectator’s areas but if you manage to get to a different spot on a stage they won’t seriously bother you, unless you’re in a dangerous place or with a large group of people. The catch is that most of accesses to non ZE’s areas are blocked, even in remote locations. In previous years there were a few other allowed sports (ZP’s); I’ll try to know if the one you’ve asked is between them.

Btw, most of Friday and Sunday ZE’s are great, Saturday’s ZE21 also.

Rally Power
2nd May 2017, 13:35
You're twisting my words, man.

No, I'm straighten out the facts.

Watson
2nd May 2017, 14:43
What will be interesting to see is the comparison between Hanninen and Lappi. If Hanninen gets clearly beaten by a young kid on a consistant basis it does look dire for him. At the moment it could just be that the Yaris is actually not very competitive and Latvala is doing a hell of a job and is basically over achieving.

RICARDO75
2nd May 2017, 15:01
Entry list

[WRCRR]
2nd May 2017, 15:23
Very good entry, as expected. Quite many WRC2 crews have dropped out already though, looks like we have 20 crews max for the rest of the season.

Simmi
2nd May 2017, 15:39
Yep very happy with that list. Even after the hype/let-down of the Mikkelsen situation it is still extremely strong.

I guess the big WRC2 guy missing is Kopecky. Was hoping to see Veiby too but nevermind. I can't wait to fly out there!

Mirek
2nd May 2017, 16:05
I guess the big WRC2 guy missing is Kopecky.

It only confirms that Kopecký is not doing WRC2 (Portugal is mandatory). Third year in a row they send him only for three or four events per season which in my eyes is quite pathetic.

liposh
2nd May 2017, 16:29
BTW. Am I blind or is Martin Koci really missing?

Allez Andruet
2nd May 2017, 17:23
Tänak with Raigo Mölder? :confused:
Have I missed something?

EstWRC
2nd May 2017, 17:25
They made copy/paste from last years list :p ...no Raigo for sure.

Allez Andruet
2nd May 2017, 17:32
What will be interesting to see is the comparison between Hanninen and Lappi. If Hanninen gets clearly beaten by a young kid on a consistant basis it does look dire for him. At the moment it could just be that the Yaris is actually not very competitive and Latvala is doing a hell of a job and is basically over achieving.
Good point, will be really interesting to see. And let's just keep in mind that it's Lappi's first rally in a World Rally Car. The competition is so incredibly tight nowadays that's quite unrealistic to expect him to set top 3 or even top 5 times from the get-go (although I really hope he proves me wrong), but the comparison vs. Hänninen should be valid.

Andre Oliveira
2nd May 2017, 18:09
Evans' codriver wrong too.

AnttiL
2nd May 2017, 18:33
Citroen can have four cars for manufacturer points?

rage82
2nd May 2017, 19:30
Citroen can have four cars for manufacturer points?
No, they can enter 4 cars, but only top 2 placed will score for many points.

Sent from my X17 using Tapatalk

Tarmop
2nd May 2017, 19:41
They can enter how many they want /can but they can nominate only 3 of them to score manufacturer points (and only the 2 best of them collect those) before each event. M-sport so far for example has nominated Evans, Tänak and Ogier a, Bertelli and Ostberg use the name ( because only manufacturer teams can register 2017 cars). Until Corsica Tänak and Ogier collected manu. points, but in Argentina Evans was second and Tänak third, so no 4th place manu. points from Ogier, Latvala collected those.

RS
2nd May 2017, 20:27
Yep very happy with that list. Even after the hype/let-down of the Mikkelsen situation it is still extremely strong.

I guess the big WRC2 guy missing is Kopecky. Was hoping to see Veiby too but nevermind. I can't wait to fly out there!

Mikelssen's availability for Skoda seems to have put the spanner in the works for Kopecky and Veiby this year, but hey it's good for the sport to have Andreas still driving, even if in an R5, and nice for us Skoda fans to have one of the top guys in a Fabia.

Curious to see how he will do on gravel in that car.

AnttiL
2nd May 2017, 20:34
They can enter how many they want /can but they can nominate only 3 of them to score manufacturer points (and only the 2 best of them collect those) before each event.

I know. I was just trying to point out an error in the list, it had all the four Citroens nominated for manufacturer points. EWRC lists Al-Qassimi as not nominated and that's how I thought it should be anyway.

Rally Power
2nd May 2017, 21:14
Fantastic list. Amazing WRC entry, great WRC2 field and even WRC3 looks interesting! National crews also helping to the show and only two small weeks left to start “o melhor Rali do Mundo”*! Viva o WRC, Viva Portugal!

*“The best Rally in the World”

Rally Power
2nd May 2017, 21:17
It only confirms that Kopecký is not doing WRC2 (Portugal is mandatory). Third year in a row they send him only for three or four events per season which in my eyes is quite pathetic.

Kopecky did 6 WRC 2 events (the same number than Tideman) with Skoda last year and ended in 4th. He’s far from being unbeatable on tarmac (lost to Lappi in Germany and Evans in Corsica) and with so many gravel events probably it won’t be easy for him to do better. https://www.ewrc-results.com/profile/67-Jan-Kopecky/

Obviously he’s a Czech driver and it must be a bit sad for Czech fans to see his seat being taken by Mikkelsen, but what’s a bit more surprising is to see Skoda being unable to bet on new, young and talented Czech drivers (for sure there should be a few that deserve it), giving them chances to become future champs, just like they’re doing with Veiby and have done with all the other Even drivers in the past. (Or maybe I’m wrong and they’re already doing it; if so who’s the driver?)

Andre Oliveira
2nd May 2017, 21:47
Fantastic list. Amazing WRC entry, great WRC2 field and even WRC3 looks interesting! National crews also helping to the show and only two small weeks left to start “o melhor Rali do Mundo”*! Viva o WRC, Viva Portugal!

*“The best Rally in the World”

Pity Portuguese championship contenders only do 1.5 leg

Myrvold
2nd May 2017, 22:10

Mikelssen's availability for Skoda seems to have put the spanner in the works for Kopecky and Veiby this year, but hey it's good for the sport to have Andreas still driving, even if in an R5, and nice for us Skoda fans to have one of the top guys in a Fabia.

Curious to see how he will do on gravel in that car.

Veiby is Skoda's European driver in APRC this year - just like the two previous EVEN Management drivers (Lappi, Tidemand) he will do a season in APRC.

Simmi
2nd May 2017, 22:19
Veiby is Skoda's European driver in APRC this year - just like the two previous EVEN Management drivers (Lappi, Tidemand) he will do a season in APRC.

Both those guys dovetailed APRC with other programmes (ERC/WRC2). I think like RS said, his progress has been halted slightly by Mikkelsen. But there is a APRC round the next weekend after Portugal so maybe it's better to acclimatise before.

rodrigonm
3rd May 2017, 00:16
Where to follow the rally
https://issuu.com/rallydeportugal/docs/ondever2017

Mirek
3rd May 2017, 09:24
Kopecky did 6 WRC 2 events (the same number than Tideman) with Skoda last year and ended in 4th. He’s far from being unbeatable on tarmac (lost to Lappi in Germany and Evans in Corsica) and with so many gravel events probably it won’t be easy for him to do better. https://www.ewrc-results.com/profile/67-Jan-Kopecky/

Fair enough, I forgot he did more events last year. Yes, he lost with Evans fair and square in Corsica (let's not forget Evans was second overall in Corsica a year before) however in Germany he lost because he had to change tyre on SS2 (+1:42 in SS2, +1:07 in finish). But ok, it's part of the game.

Obviously he’s a Czech driver and it must be a bit sad for Czech fans to see his seat being taken by Mikkelsen

I don't think Mikkelsen took anyone's place. IMHO they never planned to send Kopecký for full WRC2 in 2016 anyway.

but what’s a bit more surprising is to see Skoda being unable to bet on new, young and talented Czech drivers (for sure there should be a few that deserve it), giving them chances to become future champs, just like they’re doing with Veiby and have done with all the other Even drivers in the past. (Or maybe I’m wrong and they’re already doing it; if so who’s the driver?)

Here I agree with You. On the other hand it's difficult to bet on someone from young Czech drivers now. I have a problem myself to point a finger on someone. I would probably try Kamenec but so far he only did Adam Cup with half-stock small cars...

liposh
3rd May 2017, 10:12
Here I agree with You. On the other hand it's difficult to bet on someone from young Czech drivers now. I have a problem myself to point a finger on someone. I would probably try Kamenec but so far he only did Adam Cup with half-stock small cars...
I personally would try to make some kind of semi-factory team for Koci. Considering his age and experience with 4wd car it can pay off in near future. My personal opinion.

Munkvy
3rd May 2017, 10:12
Will this event be the nail in the coffin for either Lefebvre or Hanninen? And will it also be the beginning of the end for Camilli if he gets humiliated in WRC2 again?

It's good to see Prokop is in a 2016 car, he I would hope is capable of comfortably taking out the trophy award if he turns up regularly for the rest of they year, which is only fair for him as he hasn't really had any opportunity to win anything in many years of being a loyal privateer.

AnttiL
3rd May 2017, 10:16
Will this event be the nail in the coffin for either Lefebvre or Hanninen?

I'm confident both will keep their seats for the remainer of the season. 2018 is a different story though.

Nelly
3rd May 2017, 10:19
This is excellent. Cheers

Mirek
3rd May 2017, 11:11
I personally would try to make some kind of semi-factory team for Koci. Considering his age and experience with 4wd car it can pay off in near future. My personal opinion.

So when asked which young Czech driver could be chosen by Škoda You come with Slovak guy.

liposh
3rd May 2017, 12:17
We are brothers, don´t you remember? :D OK, well, there isn´t anybody young and experienced in Czech republic, you are right. Maybe Cerny, but even I am not sure with him. (like yes, one day after Pech´s and Kopecky´s retirement he may very possibly be czech champion but can he achieve even something more? ) Maybe Filip Mares but first of all we have to see how is he doing in 4WD. Plus Kamenec, I have exactly the same thoughts as you do.

Mintexmemory
3rd May 2017, 12:23
Well it now looks as though all the crystal balls that saw Mikkelsen in a WRC car (particuarly a VW) for Portugal were defective and should be returned to the manufacturer for re-calibration - as soon as they have the WRC+ job completed!

AnttiL
3rd May 2017, 12:46
Well it now looks as though all the crystal balls that saw Mikkelsen in a WRC car (particuarly a VW) for Portugal were defective and should be returned to the manufacturer for re-calibration - as soon as they have the WRC+ job completed!

What about the Hyundai ones? ;)

Watson
3rd May 2017, 14:14
What about the Hyundai ones? ;)

I just can't see it happen this year either. Sordo is a very reliable point scorer for the manufacturers and you can't write off Paddon, he's got the speed and his current bad patch I suspect is just lack of confidence. The Monte incident is a bigger deal than people think it is. If you are involved in someone's death it messes you up, no matter how clearly it is not your own fault. Even if it is not directly related to that anymore, it surely played a big part in getting his downward spiral started and the only way for him to gather pace again is to drive on until it clicks.

Anyway my point is you can't justify firing either of them and preparing a fourth car is hugely expensive and gives you no advantage as you can only nominate three cars for manufacturer points.

The only seat that Mikkelsen rightfully could take is Lefebvres. That guy would be doing better to get some lower pressure action in WRC2. But I guess Citroen would rathet have a French driver wasting time and money than a competent driver from anywhere else helping them out of their misery.

Well Hanninens too I guess but analog to Citroen's nationalistic recruiting system Toyota is having a Finnish/Japanese circlejerk.

AnttiL
3rd May 2017, 14:23
I just can't see it happen this year

Just to make sure: I didn't mean it would happen, I agree with all your points. Just said that a lot of crystal balls showed a Hyundai contract starting ASAP :)

Watson
3rd May 2017, 14:42
Just to make sure: I didn't mean it would happen, I agree with all your points. Just said that a lot of crystal balls showed a Hyundai contract starting ASAP :)
Oh I see :D

Rally Power
3rd May 2017, 15:16

JParker: apparently the spot you’ve mentioned is still a ZE but only open to Rally Pass buyers. You can go there if you get Saturday’s RP or the full rally RP (there’s 1 exclusive RP ZE per day), but ZE21 is a good alternative and it’s free.

jparker
6th May 2017, 20:58
JParker: apparently the spot you’ve mentioned is still a ZE but only open to Rally Pass buyers. You can go there if you get Saturday’s RP or the full rally RP (there’s 1 exclusive RP ZE per day), but ZE21 is a good alternative and it’s free.

Thank you RP, once again very helpful.
Is the video introduction of spectators spots unique for Rally Portugal? If yes, I think other events should consider it as well. It helps a lot for first timers like me.

4fun
9th May 2017, 02:33
Hi all,

I'm going to Portugal from 17th until 22nd. 1st Time WRC Portugal. From your experience, can you see a lot of stages per day? Meaning, easy connection between the stages? CHecking out the WRC cars and maybe the first WRC2 cars, then going towards the next stage. I'm currently planning bit more in details what to see, where, ... Would be nice to hear from people who went last year.

Meekefan
9th May 2017, 06:52
Hi,
see more than 1 stage per day (double run) is difficult. In friday, maybe wiil be possible to see Viana do Castelo until the first WRC2 cars and then go to Braga street stage. Be aware that Braga roads will be congestioned that day. Go to the stages at least 2 hours before the first car, and be aware that see the rally on spots not recommended by organizers will be very difficult, unless you know other roads to get there. Police and marshalls are very restrictives.

NickRally
9th May 2017, 08:44
Hi All, what would be the best spot/spots to watch the shakedown, any advice will be genuinely appreciated, thanks.

Andre Oliveira
9th May 2017, 08:49
The best spot are in payed area. Excellent view with jump and all the inside track action.

Andre Oliveira
9th May 2017, 08:49
Hi all,

I'm going to Portugal from 17th until 22nd. 1st Time WRC Portugal. From your experience, can you see a lot of stages per day? Meaning, easy connection between the stages? CHecking out the WRC cars and maybe the first WRC2 cars, then going towards the next stage. I'm currently planning bit more in details what to see, where, ... Would be nice to hear from people who went last year.

An advice from a Portuguese: forget it! Pick a place and stay there and appreciate all the action.

jparker
9th May 2017, 08:57
Hi all,

I was planning to do what you are asking, but soon found it impossible. With such short gaps between stages, many spectators, narrow and congested access roads, finding your way in and out of spectator zone will be time consuming.

rogef
9th May 2017, 09:19
Hi,

I am Portuguese, last year I always saw four specials a day.

I see the first and third in the morning, and the same in the afternoon. In order to be able to do this, it is necessary to know our lands and to study previously the roads that are cut and to find alternative ways. Another important point is to always leave the car in places that is easy to leave at any time, so you have to stay away from the especial. It is necessary to make a few kilometres on foot, and also some running.

This year we will do likewise. I believe that for those who do not know the terrain and will be the first time in Portugal to watch the WRC is best not to try to do it this way, it takes some experience.

Now, without any problem it will be possible to see in a place in the morning and in another place in the afternoon.

NickRally
9th May 2017, 10:05
The best spot are in payed area. Excellent view with jump and all the inside track action.

Thanks Andre, that's great. I assume this is in the sort of stadium section accessed from the neighboring town (hope it makes sense what I am saying, all my info is from Google Maps and youtube).

4fun
9th May 2017, 11:26
Hi,

I am Portuguese, last year I always saw four specials a day.

I see the first and third in the morning, and the same in the afternoon. In order to be able to do this, it is necessary to know our lands and to study previously the roads that are cut and to find alternative ways. Another important point is to always leave the car in places that is easy to leave at any time, so you have to stay away from the especial. It is necessary to make a few kilometres on foot, and also some running.

This year we will do likewise. I believe that for those who do not know the terrain and will be the first time in Portugal to watch the WRC is best not to try to do it this way, it takes some experience.

Now, without any problem it will be possible to see in a place in the morning and in another place in the afternoon.

Thx Rogef ... In the past I went to WRC Sardegna, WRC Germany and WRC Finland. Here I managed to see more SS per section. But indeed I don't have experience with Portugal. I always try to find some spots were I can go pretty fast from 1 SS towards another one. E.g. going to the end of a stage and next one more at the start. Maybe I could join you? :-)

rogef
9th May 2017, 11:56
There's not much i can do to help. The only way is to go to the page of the rally dowload the maps, check the roads with restricted access, and through Google Earth look for alternatives. Or try to follow me on the days of the rally. :)

rogef
9th May 2017, 11:59
Can anyone confirm me as written on page 3 of this topic if access to the service park is possible on Wednesday for free?

NickRally
9th May 2017, 14:22
Can anyone confirm me as written on page 3 of this topic if access to the service park is possible on Wednesday for free?

I was told by the organizers that this is the case.

4fun
9th May 2017, 21:24
There's not much i can do to help. The only way is to go to the page of the rally dowload the maps, check the roads with restricted access, and through Google Earth look for alternatives. Or try to follow me on the days of the rally. :)

Rogef ... I could follow you ... if I knew where you would be :-)

4fun
10th May 2017, 10:11
Well, I will be checking possibilities to visit 3 stages per day. 1st stage and 2rd stage during first loop and then go for 2nd stage in the 2nd loop. Try to avoid overcrowded places. Tips are always welcome. I arrive on Wednesday. Don't need to see all the spectacular places. More interested in nice shots as photographer. Service park is for free as I understood. Would always be nice to meet some people overthere!

rogef
10th May 2017, 12:09
Rogef ... I could follow you ... if I knew where you would be :-)

You can try to follow me but it's always very complicated. It may happen that i pass on a STOP and you do not, you will not be able to see me anymore. From there it is lost, and runs the risk of not seeing on either side as it has already happened. You could try to follow but I do not advise. In any case if you want to talk more use the DM to not create off-topic.

Andre Oliveira
10th May 2017, 21:19
Raoux

https://scontent.fopo2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18403588_121014291800362_6915374686073204568_n.jpg ?oh=13c20fa52ca3d1cffe8de37f4fe05383&oe=59BE20C8

Andre Oliveira
10th May 2017, 21:20
Armindo Araújo will be course car :) first rally since 2012. Codriver: Pedro Leal.

Andre Oliveira
10th May 2017, 21:22
Lappi car getting ready

https://scontent.fopo2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18342133_793726214116016_2927138604311388699_n.jpg ?oh=5302a937809efc23b2877abb3fc2f334&oe=5981EE21
https://scontent.fopo2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18342447_795797887242182_5084424061532045359_n.jpg ?oh=feacc715ce03dc8cfa976b4d15fa6ae3&oe=59823F8E

Andre Oliveira
10th May 2017, 21:23
Crazy fans here :)

https://scontent.fopo2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18446613_1728063760556377_4575859439408137056_n.jp g?oh=0fbe4d3a7569da2d5478a3c512bfbfb8&oe=59B3727D
https://scontent.fopo2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18403334_1728063763889710_3107748500843573342_n.jp g?oh=c177eb15a961f92c3a476eb88dd5a62d&oe=59B49BE9
https://scontent.fopo2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18033894_1728063767223043_2473545937377474679_n.jp g?oh=5aecef009db07b1a14cd3b29b4bbe233&oe=59769FE0

Andre Oliveira
10th May 2017, 21:25
João Fernando Ramos, RMC Ford Fiesta R5 livery

https://scontent.fopo2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18301740_1798088943839433_3074066583841989259_n.jp g?oh=2ed664c73690781c4170c03101030486&oe=5983A553

stefanvv
10th May 2017, 21:29
Crazy fans here :)

"Sick dog on the rescue":D

AnttiL
15th May 2017, 09:02
So, any speculations?

I'm expecting Meeke and Neuville to be the fastest ones, but either of them can have good or bad luck, and that will decide the winner. Ogier will suffer on the first day to be first on the road and has had problems with the car. Tänak will be fast but not enough for a win. Evans could be fast here like he was in Argentina. Latvala said in an interview that he learned from Argentina that he needs to be quicker on the first day, to me that sounds like he's going to have an accident. Paddon and Østberg could throw in some good stage times and Sordo should be on a good position with steady performance if he doesn't have bad luck, but none of these three will finish on the podium. All I expect from Lappi is to be quicker than Hänninen and to finish.

Andre Oliveira
15th May 2017, 09:49
Loubet

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_2w6wNW0AAQAff?format=jpg&name=large

Greensmith

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_2xDMDWAAEC41p?format=jpg&name=large

Zeakiwi
15th May 2017, 09:51
'New parts on WRC cars'. Is there are notice board where new parts are disclosed after events so the other teams can do a post event analysis of how their competition went with new parts? Or do the teams know in advance what new parts the other teams will be running on a specific event?

steve.mandzij
15th May 2017, 13:25
So, any speculations?

I'm expecting Meeke and Neuville to be the fastest ones, but either of them can have good or bad luck, and that will decide the winner. Ogier will suffer on the first day to be first on the road and has had problems with the car. Tänak will be fast but not enough for a win. Evans could be fast here like he was in Argentina. Latvala said in an interview that he learned from Argentina that he needs to be quicker on the first day, to me that sounds like he's going to have an accident. Paddon and Østberg could throw in some good stage times and Sordo should be on a good position with steady performance if he doesn't have bad luck, but none of these three will finish on the podium. All I expect from Lappi is to be quicker than Hänninen and to finish.
Link to the interview?

I expect Neuville and Ogier to battle for the win, with Latvala trailing in third (possibly jumping them if he gets the car quick enough). Meeke will have a slow and steady weekend or go too fast and crash.

dimviii
15th May 2017, 13:30
http://www.rallysportmag.com.au/home/wrc/11429-preview-rally-of-portugal-wrc-6

Watson
15th May 2017, 16:28
Link to the interview?

I expect Neuville and Ogier to battle for the win, with Latvala trailing in third (possibly jumping them if he gets the car quick enough). Meeke will have a slow and steady weekend or go too fast and crash.

I agree with Neuville/Ogier/Meeke but unless they get struck with issues I'd expect Tanak, Evans and Sordo all to be quite a bit faster than Latvala.

steve.mandzij
15th May 2017, 16:36
Really? Latvala is definitely better than Sordo and Evans, and on par with Tanak when he's crazy. The only reason he'd fall behind is his Yaris acting up or just not being up to the competition.

AnttiL
15th May 2017, 17:44
Link to the interview?

http://www.ts.fi/urheilu/moottoriurheilu/ralli/3508991/Makisen+Toyota+kolmella+autolla+Portugaliin

Here in Finnish

Opin Argentiinassa, että ensimmäinen päivä on hyvin tärkeä. Silloin on yritettävä, ja oltava kärkiviisikossa, jotta saa hyvät lähtöasemat seuraavaan päivään. Se on tavoite Portugalissa, ja jos keli on kehno avauspäivänä, lähtöpaikkani kakkosena voi itse asiassa auttaakin minua, kun tie menee takana huonompaan kuntoon

which translates about to:

I learned in Argentina that the first day is very important. You have to try then and to be in the top five to get a good starting position for the following day. That's the target in Portugal, and if the weather is bad on the opening day, my starting position as the second car may actually be an advance, as the road gets in worse condition behind me.

Not sure if that interview is some days old, but right now it seems that the weather is dry for the whole weekend, so Ogier and Latvala have probably some sweeping to do on the first day.

Watson
15th May 2017, 17:53
Really? Latvala is definitely better than Sordo and Evans, and on par with Tanak when he's crazy. The only reason he'd fall behind is his Yaris acting up or just not being up to the competition.

Well Latvala is also pretty inconsistent. No doubt he is a top notch driver but then he is very dependent on his confidence. The win in Sweden was impressive given that the Yaris does not seem very competitive but then it has always been a strong rally for him. I think Tanak is finding his feet, making less mistakes and not taking unreasonable risks. If the Fiesta doesn't act up I always have him high on my podium contender list. Evans is a bit of an unknown quantity but his drive in Argentina was very impressive and before his speed wasn't bad either, on top of that the DMack tyre should also work well on the next run of events. Sordo is also up there most of the time. He may not be the very fastest but usually you can expect him in the top 5 just because he hardly puts a foot wrong.

Anyway those four are always a tough call, but I do see Latvala on the back foot because he still seems pretty insecure and it does look like the Toyota is not as fast as the Hyundai and the Ford.

steve.mandzij
15th May 2017, 17:58
Well Latvala is also pretty inconsistent. No doubt he is a top notch driver but then he is very dependent on his confidence. The win in Sweden was impressive given that the Yaris does not seem very competitive but then it has always been a strong rally for him. I think Tanak is finding his feet, making less mistakes and not taking unreasonable risks. If the Fiesta doesn't act up I always have him high on my podium contender list. Evans is a bit of an unknown quantity but his drive in Argentina was very impressive and before his speed wasn't bad either, on top of that the DMack tyre should also work well on the next run of events. Sordo is also up there most of the time. He may not be the very fastest but most of the time you can expect him in the top 5 just because he hardly puts a foot wrong.

Anyway those four are always a tough call, but I do see Latvala on the back foot because he still seems pretty insecure and it does look like the Toyota is not as fast as the Hyundai and the Ford.
His inconsistency is a valid point, but based only on this year's results he's been very smart: pushing when he needs to, conserving the car and scoring points when he can't win. He's shown really important maturity and, thanks to his new team, he seems constantly confident.

AnttiL
15th May 2017, 18:04
His inconsistency is a valid point, but based only on this year's results he's been very smart: pushing when he needs to, conserving the car and scoring points when he can't win. He's shown really important maturity and, thanks to his new team, he seems constantly confident.

Seems like Latvala learned this year that the points are given at the end of the rally, and it's better to get little points than to crash and get none.

bugwrx
15th May 2017, 18:28
without any problems with the car, i expect Tänak to win this.

Mintexmemory
15th May 2017, 19:10
without any problems with the car, i expect Tänak to win this.

Only if others have car trouble - Ogier knows how to win in Portugal - he beat Loeb there twice! Also it would be foolish to discount last year's winner who has an ideal road position!

jparker
15th May 2017, 19:19
If Hänninen manage to stay on the road, I expect him to win in Portugal.

Watson
15th May 2017, 19:26

With all due respect, how can you say that while calling out everybody who has a bias towards Ford without it being evident to yourself that you are applying double standards?

jparker
15th May 2017, 19:38
With all due respect, how can you say that while calling out everybody who has a bias towards Ford without it being evident to yourself that you are applying double standards?

Did you expect Evans to fight for the win in Argentina? I guess not. Having that in mind, what's wrong with my prediction?

N.O.T
15th May 2017, 19:39

http://i.imgur.com/8bSUsLr.gif

N.O.T
15th May 2017, 19:40
Did you expect Evans to fight for the win in Argentina? I guess not. Having that in mind, what's wrong with my prediction?

is real life hard with your condition ??

jparker
15th May 2017, 19:45
is real life hard with your condition ??
I believe you know how it is.

Fast Eddie WRC
15th May 2017, 20:08
Østberg on Portugal:

http://www.madsostberg.no/Home/PressArticle/1112

EightGear
15th May 2017, 20:55
If others are running into a little trouble, I expect Bertelli to win.

Rally Power
15th May 2017, 20:57
Not sure if that interview is some days old, but right now it seems that the weather is dry for the whole weekend, so Ogier and Latvala have probably some sweeping to do on the first day.

Yep, last week rain cleaned up a bit the stages but there’s still enough loose gravel to make starting order the most relevant aspect of this rally. In ’15 Latvala started beyond and managed to defeat Ogier, despite the French efforts; last year Meeke dominated from the start and this year he’s the clear favourite; it’s all about seeing if he stays in control of the C3 till the end, or not.

If he fails we’ll probably have another frantic rally, with second level guys trying to keep the advantage of the starting order and top drivers giving the most to recover first day lost time. My money is on Meeke, but honestly I woudn’t mind to have the second scenario and the rally win decided on last stage, between two or three drivers!

Andre Oliveira
15th May 2017, 20:57
Bertelli not here.

EightGear
15th May 2017, 20:58
Bertelli not here.
It's Bertelli. He will win.

stefanvv
15th May 2017, 21:06
Bertelli always wins..... when not competing.

steve.mandzij
15th May 2017, 21:06
If it rains, I expect Latvala to win. If it's dry, I'll go with either Neuville or Meeke, as long as he doesn't fuck it up again.

Rally Power
15th May 2017, 21:26
If it rains, I expect Latvala to win. If it's dry, I'll go with either Neuville or Meeke, as long as he doesn't fuck it up again.

A forecast from bluuford would be great! Local weather services are predicting a dry rally.

AL14
15th May 2017, 21:52
It's Bertelli. He will win.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0IyluzywCfID6dCo/giphy.gif

Watson
15th May 2017, 22:29

If you have to ask, you'll never know.

Andre Oliveira
15th May 2017, 22:31
Monday test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVRzh1-4wO0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxGh8MPFUxg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9b_iAKCMGg

Andre Oliveira
15th May 2017, 23:09
https://www.facebook.com/pg/formularali/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1282001711868311

https://scontent.fopo2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18446501_1282001791868303_4311852265892976231_n.jp g?oh=e72d1c024803ff5d850d30d005d40054&oe=59B1CC2D
https://scontent.fopo2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18447172_1282002481868234_2263196661464308790_n.jp g?oh=68fdeb168c7dd70ef19576b9142d8294&oe=59B769B3
https://scontent.fopo2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18527836_1282001958534953_8462611042033259975_n.jp g?oh=f4386131a35b8d7ec1dda673b4ec8cf5&oe=597E0471

EstWRC
16th May 2017, 08:55
http://www.rallysportmag.com.au/home/wrc/11429-preview-rally-of-portugal-wrc-6

so a new chassis for the champ and new-spec dampers for main m-sport drivers. lets see if the "weird" feeling has gone now for Ogier.

Rallyper
16th May 2017, 10:00
So here we go again. Factory team gets updated parts. What about Evans, Ostberg and Prokop then?

Simmi
16th May 2017, 10:05
So here we go again. Factory team gets updated parts. What about Evans, Ostberg and Prokop then?

Evans is a factory driver. Ostberg just bought a car and is fending for himself to a large extent.

Fast Eddie WRC
16th May 2017, 11:11

And Prokop is driving his '16 car.

Tarmop
16th May 2017, 13:31
Evans is one of the three M-Sport main drivers, with the exception that DMack pays for it and uses its tyres. So there`s no way he doesn`t get the upgrades asap.

But when talking about real privateers then Ostberg has shown us how it feels. No spare difusors, no tarmac suspension on time etc.

EstWRC
16th May 2017, 13:49
Ott Tänak‏ @OttTanak 2h2 hours ago
More
Ready for @rallydeportugal, flat out! #WRC #Delfi

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_8W9zSVoAAOPo8.jpg

bluuford
16th May 2017, 13:58
Weather might be dry, but it is very, very tricky to say more than 4-6 hours in advance right now.

AnttiL
16th May 2017, 15:39
Actually the Latvala quote I posted previously was from a TGR press release. So I took Latvala's quote translated to Finnish and then re-translated it back to English ...

http://toyotagazooracing.com/release/2017/wrc/rd06-preview.html

also it says that Toyota did most of their testing on wet conditions and now it seems the rally is totally dry...

Rally Power
16th May 2017, 22:19
Ott Tänak‏ @OttTanak 2h2 hours ago
More
Ready for @rallydeportugal, flat out! #WRC #Delfi

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_8W9zSVoAAOPo8.jpg

Full pic: McRae never forgot!

https://scontent.fopo1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18555909_889792514494832_7131005061389264947_n.jpg ?oh=ac11acaa540d936d5df0d7f6d92ddfee&oe=59751161
Photo: https://www.facebook.com/Motores-617164098424343/?fref=nf

Micke_VOC
16th May 2017, 22:21
Less than 12 hours before i go to Portugal. Hope to maybe meet some others forum-members there.
Mess me on Twitter, se link in my signature.

Rally Power
16th May 2017, 22:23
TV Schedule (GMT time)

Quinta-feira, 18 maio
SSS 1 Lousada – 19h00 – RTP 3, WRC Plus

Sexta-feira, 19 maio
SS 8 / 9 Braga Street Stage – 19h00 – RTP 1, WRC Plus

Sábado, 20 maio
SS 12 Amarante 1 – 11h10 – RTP 1
SS 13 Vieira do Minho 2 – 15h00 – WRC Plus, Red Bull TV
SS 15 Amarante 2 – 17h10 – RTP 3

Domingo, 21 maio
SS 16 Fafe 1 – 09h10 – RTP 1
SS 19 Fafe 2 (Power Stage) – 12h10 – RTP 1, WRC Plus

Source: autosport.pt

Fast Eddie WRC
16th May 2017, 23:04
Nice extra live coverage via RTP ! :cool:

NickRally
17th May 2017, 13:20
Service park only opens at around 2-3pm :(

EstWRC
17th May 2017, 14:30
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAB-69_XcAIiee0.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAB3xKaWAAEwcq7.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAByFk_XUAEMpzo.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DABte6kXoAEiRjp.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DABFKbDXsAAJWv5.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DABVRrwWsAAJMCW.jpg

dimviii
17th May 2017, 15:37
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DACJOOwXgAAl4Ih.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DACJOLeXoAEDiGB.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DABqCBUW0AAD-ft.jpg

dimviii
17th May 2017, 15:48
recce day 2

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAAmEjjXsAAw2tP.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
17th May 2017, 16:18
Full details re Ogier's new Fiesta for Portugal, including MW quotes:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129569

satukata
17th May 2017, 17:05
TV Schedule (GMT time)

Quinta-feira, 18 maio

Sexta-feira, 19 maio

Sábado, 20 maio

Domingo, 21 maio

hope to have RTP stream!!

satukata
17th May 2017, 17:18
what C Sainz is doing in portugal?

satukata
17th May 2017, 17:19
Can you give latest local weather forecast for friday? Cleaning for Ogier or is it raining?

AnttiL
17th May 2017, 17:24
Can you give latest local weather forecast for friday? Cleaning for Ogier or is it raining?

Sunny, cloudy, warm, no rain

dimviii
17th May 2017, 17:35
what C Sainz is doing in portugal?

Michelin Motorsport

More
.@CSainz_oficial and Moya reunited tomorrow for a filming session in Fafe stage #wrc #RallyPortugal

NickRally
17th May 2017, 17:40
Great to see all those images, unfortunately no entry for me - as it transpired what the organisers told me about the service park being free to enter today, was a lie. What was free to enter was the technical inspection of the cars below the WRC category from 3pm onwards. Ah well, you live and learn...

Andre Oliveira
17th May 2017, 19:44
I entered by 16pm without credential :)

NickRally
17th May 2017, 21:19
Lucky you

Fast Eddie WRC
17th May 2017, 21:51
Ostberg's car in preparation (with DMack sticker just visible).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DACUu65XcAEyc9P.jpg:large

KKS
17th May 2017, 22:06
TV Schedule (GMT time)

Quinta-feira, 18 maio

Sexta-feira, 19 maio

Sábado, 20 maio

Domingo, 21 maio

WRC+ with MickyMouse stages, when local TV broadcast real 4 stages.... pff

Fast Eddie WRC
17th May 2017, 23:03
WRC+ with MickyMouse stages, when local TV broadcast real 4 stages.... pff

At least the local TV (RTP) coverage is easy to stream.

AnttiL
18th May 2017, 07:25
OK, Ogier has completed first run of shakedown, here we go again! https://www.ewrc-results.com/shake/36017-vodafone-rally-de-portugal-2017/

Watson
18th May 2017, 07:42
Can somebody tell me why I always frantically await the shakedown times eventhough deep down I know they are not really anything to go by?

AnttiL
18th May 2017, 07:44
Can somebody tell me why I always frantically await the shakedown times eventhough deep down I know they are not really anything to go by?

Yeah, same here! :D If you look at Argentina shakedown results, Evans was the slowest works WRC and Latvala was the quickest. And in Sweden, Østberg had the quickest Shakedown time whereas Latvala was slower than Lefevbre in a DS3. So maybe we should see who's the slowest on shakedown and bet on that guy?

rage82
18th May 2017, 07:44

Same with me, maybe because it's the first sign for the upcoming incredible rally week-end.

EstWRC
18th May 2017, 07:48
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAFzUDEUAAA4lau.jpg:large

er88
18th May 2017, 08:12
Meeke is no doubt going to ruin everyone pace wise this weekend, up untill he ruins his car or his car ruins him. Hopefully he gets a decent pts haul though. Would also be nice to see Tanak finding that next step and joining the list of wrc event winners. Would've been a real shock seeing Evans get there before him

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

KiwiWRCfan
18th May 2017, 08:14
HELP request.
Two Kiwi rally fans made a last minute decision to fly from NZ to Portugal to support Hayden Paddon & Seb Marshall. They have made it to Porto but all organised tour groups are full with no cancellations. They are struggling to get out to stages. If anyone knows of 2 spare seats in a car, truck or van they would love to get in contact. They are very happy to share fuel and vehicle costs. Please email me KiwiWRCfan@vodafone.co.nz if you can assist them

rage82
18th May 2017, 08:15
Live stream from the shakedown: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7k0s-bEZ-o

Francis44
18th May 2017, 08:15
Shakedown love stream with awesome quality:

https://youtu.be/d7k0s-bEZ-o

EstWRC
18th May 2017, 08:19
Incredibly tight times at the moment.

HarriK
18th May 2017, 08:57
Pontus some problems during SD, drives slowly.

EstWRC
18th May 2017, 08:58
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAGDip0UQAAk4vb?format=jpg&name=large

Lundefaret
18th May 2017, 09:24
Anybody knows if Latvala was tactical on his second pass - or if prob?

KiwiWRCfan
18th May 2017, 09:30
Latvala on SD stage again now. In 3 minutes we will know

KiwiWRCfan
18th May 2017, 09:43

Edit: JML sets 3rd fastest time, guess he had a problem during his second pass.

AnttiL
18th May 2017, 09:43

And now he's third.

Duvel
18th May 2017, 11:29
Mikkelsen faster than wrc16 cars..

Fast Eddie WRC
18th May 2017, 12:00
Even faster than one 17 WRC !

rage82
18th May 2017, 12:22
Shakedown video from WRCantabria: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4GShQ96k0k

AnttiL
18th May 2017, 12:28
Meeke did finally a fifth round and got up to fourth place. Now there's four different car makes in the top four, all one tenth of a second from the next. Also all works drivers are within 2,6 seconds. Very interesting rally coming up.

Watson
18th May 2017, 13:09
Mikkelsen faster than wrc16 cars..

So was Camilli. Tidemand and Suninen came awfully close too.

dimviii
18th May 2017, 16:40
https://youtu.be/f9Xu0ksgMDU

Fast Eddie WRC
18th May 2017, 16:43
Transcript of the pre-event press conference here:
http://www.fia.com/news/wrc-kris-meeke-feeling-good-what-can-i-say-it-has-been-really-difficult-start-year

Present
Kris Meeke, Citroen Total Abu Dhabi World Rally Team
Dani Sordo, Hyundai Motorsport
Ott Tanak, M-Sport World Rally Team
Esapekka Lappi, Toyota GAZOO Racing World Rally Team

dimviii
18th May 2017, 16:49
rallytravel.com‏*@rallytravel
Two and a half hours before the #WRC arrives and the crowd is building here at Lousada!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAHnGJ9WsAAJk0n.jpg

SubaruNorway
18th May 2017, 17:31
Transcript of the pre-event press conference here:
http://www.fia.com/news/wrc-kris-meeke-feeling-good-what-can-i-say-it-has-been-really-difficult-start-year

Present
Kris Meeke, Citroen Total Abu Dhabi World Rally Team
Dani Sordo, Hyundai Motorsport
Ott Tanak, M-Sport World Rally Team
Esapekka Lappi, Toyota GAZOO Racing World Rally Team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uto62mCQ2w

dimviii
18th May 2017, 18:10
http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/may-2017/sordo-pants/page/4537--12-12-.html

satukata
18th May 2017, 18:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEsr6q8m9RI

dimviii
18th May 2017, 18:43
ss1 start list

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAIHdq0XgAAi3Nk.jpg

mknight
18th May 2017, 19:41
Meeke looked seriously pissed there.

Check out the lines of Neuville and Sordo in the long tarmac turn. Touching the inside all the way. Even Ogier was 1m out.

EstWRC
18th May 2017, 20:20
here we go, LOL

MEEKE: Slight damage to the front wing of @krismeeke’s Citroën after SS1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAIfbAwWsAAgpFk.jpg

Munkvy
18th May 2017, 20:45
Meeke knows how to get in early and make the English worry!

Mintexmemory
18th May 2017, 20:58
Meeke knows how to get in early and make the English worry!
The English don't give a gnat's crap! He's a man from Dungannon (which is NOT in England). However, he is a Brit and therefore, GO KRIS

Fast Eddie WRC
18th May 2017, 21:19
Meeke's expression and body language is what was worrying...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/EddieFocus/meekee_zpsmenibeew.jpg

KKS
18th May 2017, 21:53
Maybe just stupid question from WRC TV crew?

Fast Eddie WRC
18th May 2017, 21:59
Maybe just stupid question from WRC TV crew?

No, I think he is really under pressure to produce. Matton has probably told him in no uncertain terms, as he has done in the past.