PDA

View Full Version : [WRC] News & Rumours (part V) 2017

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Eli
1st January 2017, 13:00
As the new season's approaching, I thought it's time for a new thread for the new year. May we have a great year (& without VW & new regulations) even more interesting than the last.

pantealex
1st January 2017, 14:50
2016 we had 6 different event winners, if number stays same I´m happy.

It´s possible that we could see over 10 different WRC cars in same rally.

Arnold Triyudho Wardono
2nd January 2017, 02:54
Part V: M-Sport Strikes Back.
Part VI: Return of the Ford.

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

Duvel
2nd January 2017, 07:45
2016 we had 6 different event winners, if number stays same I´m happy.

It´s possible that we could see over 10 different WRC cars in same rally.

If the cars are all at the same level, there are 4 or 5 drivers capable of winning i think (whitout a big portion of luck) At Hyundai that's Paddon and Neuville, Citroen has Meeke, M-sport Ogier and Possible Tanak.
Mikkelsen would also be in that list, but for now thats it i think. I hope Latvalla has a boost and the Yaris goes better than expected.

EstWRC
2nd January 2017, 09:40
I agree that if there are 5-6 different winners then it would be a good season. Dont know what to expect because everything is new but i expect Ogier not to be so dominant in the beginning of the season. He has had very little time in the car and everything is new for him and i think it will take couple of rallies for him to settle in.

I think Meeke and Neuville (if he continues like that) will give him hard time in the beginning of the season, especially in Monte, these three will fight for the win there in my eyes....In Sweden i also expect Paddon and Tänak to join for the fight.

and Happy New Year everyone!

AL14
2nd January 2017, 10:51
I have high expectations from Tanak this year. He has no more the tyre excuse and has built the car around him. Given the progress he has made last year I think he will do very good. I will not believe to bad luck one more year.

Also Meeke will have no more "I have no experience" excuse. He has developed the car and Citroen seems to be competitive. as long as he stays in the road we will have fun.

Another guy who will impress us in my opinion is Breen but let's see. The new cars are a question mark now.

Ogier is no more in the best machinery and in a car built around him. Of course he will not be the same of recent years but at the end I think he will dominate the championship in a way or another.

Barreis
2nd January 2017, 11:21
Ogier and M-Sport...
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127605

Lousada
2nd January 2017, 12:08
I agree that if there are 5-6 different winners then it would be a good season. Dont know what to expect because everything is new but i expect Ogier not to be so dominant in the beginning of the season. He has had very little time in the car and everything is new for him and i think it will take couple of rallies for him to settle in.

I think Meeke and Neuville (if he continues like that) will give him hard time in the beginning of the season, especially in Monte, these three will fight for the win there in my eyes....In Sweden i also expect Paddon and Tänak to join for the fight.

and Happy New Year everyone!

I expect actually the opposite of you ;) Neuville has always been very bad at Monte Carlo and Sweden, I do not see that changing this year. The other Hyundai drivers are also never that good in the opening rallies. I expect the Korean cars to cruise for points these two rallies before challenging Ogier later in the season. I expect Ogier to dominate the first rallies to give him some breathing space in the rest of the year.

tommeke_B
2nd January 2017, 12:20
Neuville always bad in Sweden? Did you forget 2015 where he was fighting for the win until the very last stage? Last year he had bad luck with the car (transmission problems),

Ricardo Filipe Matos
2nd January 2017, 12:23
In addition to the 4 WRCs and the 124 R-GT, are there more cars launching this year?

dimviii
2nd January 2017, 12:49
http://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/qatar-volkswagen-wrc-project-delayed-to-2018-862446/

Andre Oliveira
2nd January 2017, 13:23
For sure not competitive like in begin of 2017 season. All the others will develop and will have thousands of KM.

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd January 2017, 13:39
No news or rumours, just people guessing the new season ?

So anyone know when the final M-Sport / DMack Fiesta seats will be announced.... Autosport Show 12-15 January perhaps.

pantealex
2nd January 2017, 14:02
No news or rumours, just people guessing the new season ?

So anyone know when the final M-Sport / DMack Fiesta seats will be announced.... Autosport Show 12-15 January perhaps.

Monte entry list is out this friday (6.1), that should give some clues...

Simmi
2nd January 2017, 15:02
In addition to the 4 WRCs and the 124 R-GT, are there more cars launching this year?

We should see the Polo R5, and maybe the Yaris R5? later in the year.

Gregor-y
2nd January 2017, 15:16
Part V: M-Sport Strikes Back.
Part VI: Return of the Ford.

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

More like Revenge of the Sith-troen depending on how the C3 comes together.

Ricardo Filipe Matos
2nd January 2017, 15:34
And news R1, R2, R3T?
And news of the R4 Kits?

markpcym
2nd January 2017, 16:09
Qatar running "new"polo delayed till 2018, shame...

sete
2nd January 2017, 17:03
So now we knows that Mikkelsen wont drive POLO WRC at Sweden.
Quessing what he will do now - D-mack or season with Skoda?

rallyfiend
2nd January 2017, 17:19

The 2016 VW Polo's are still an option for anyone who wants one.

Simmi
2nd January 2017, 17:26

Didn't the rumour shift to money from Ostberg/Mikkelsen for this programme. I think it was pretty obvious that Qatar weren't stumping up the cash without Ogier.

Can't see it happening to be honest - not even next year :(

dimviii
2nd January 2017, 20:18
John Kennard looks to the future of his racing career

http://www.velocitynews.co.nz/features.php?id=1101

Nelly
2nd January 2017, 22:27
Is there any more on the story of Rally Germany leaving Trier. I'm just looking at booking accommodation. Cheers

pucky54
3rd January 2017, 00:21
Is there any more on the story of Rally Germany leaving Trier. I'm just looking at booking accommodation. Cheers

Yes, HQ will be at the Bostalsee again, no Trier anymore

Duvel
3rd January 2017, 06:18
Yes, HQ will be at the Bostalsee again, no Trier anymore

Personaly i think thats a good thing, Always liked the Botalsee area and its stage's.
Still the vineyeards arent that far away, so good call.

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd January 2017, 11:19
Monte entry list is out this friday (6.1), that should give some clues...

Entry out today confirming Evans in 3rd M-Sport car.

dupanton
3rd January 2017, 12:11
AutoHebdo (French Magazine) says that Camilli will do all 13 rallies this year. First 4 with the R5 car and then later with a 2017 WRC (depending on results and number of cars available).

EstWRC
3rd January 2017, 12:16
Good for him, i want to see if he develops or not but i doubt it. I think putting him into a WRC car in 16 has been Wilson's one of the biggest mistakes but he makes it good with getting Ogier for this year.

tomhlord
3rd January 2017, 12:18
AutoHebdo (French Magazine) says that Camilli will do all 13 rallies this year. First 4 with the R5 car and then later with a 2017 WRC (depending on results and number of cars available).

Nice, thank you for the update.

I do find it odd that there is no official PR about Evans and Camilli at this point.

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd January 2017, 12:23
Nice, thank you for the update.

I do find it odd that there is no official PR about Evans and Camilli at this point.

Re Evans - perhaps waiting for the official reveal at the Autosport Show at the end of next week...

rallyfiend
3rd January 2017, 12:24
I wonder if maybe there are problems with the financing of the DMACK deal.

There have been whispers about this for a while.

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd January 2017, 13:51
@davidevansrally just tweeted:
Very interesting chat with @DMACK_Tyres this morning. Stay tuned to @MNRally and @Autosport_Show next week...

sete
3rd January 2017, 14:50
expecting two cars team of D-mack as was rumoured already before,with Evans and Mikkelsen.

rallyfiend
3rd January 2017, 14:53
expecting two cars team of D-mack as was rumoured already before,with Evans and Mikkelsen.

No chance.

tobbe3
3rd January 2017, 15:11
Emil Bergkvist will drive WRC2 this season + he will be official test driver for Citroen Racing according to his Facebook page

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd January 2017, 15:39
Monte entry confirms Evans' WRC return - https://t.co/D0IX26xi6I https://t.co/Z7UOlKk5n8 :D

Gregor-y
3rd January 2017, 16:19
It's nice to see him get another chance but on DMACKs I don't know how much of an impact he could make. Then again maybe it's designed to be an intermediate step between R5 and WRC.

Mikklesen on the other hand needs WRC, not WRC-D. ;)

That said I really do want DMACK to become an equal of Michelin for competition and admire their effort. At the moment they are not at that level.

dimviii
3rd January 2017, 18:06
Marcus ‏@Meikkki

U never know, what u can find in a snowy Jyväskylä. #wrc #rallymc #

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1QPxzZW8AAIzaQ.jpg

Ross99
3rd January 2017, 18:20
Any news on Ostberg/Suninen?

TWRC
3rd January 2017, 20:04
Emil Bergkvist will drive WRC2 this season + he will be official test driver for Citroen Racing according to his Facebook page
Happy for him, stays close to the fire and no offence to Bengué, but Bergkvist is a bit more up to date than he was so to speak.

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd January 2017, 20:15
Any news on Ostberg?

He confirmed a 2017 WRC drive a few weeks ago. Expect him in Sweden.

dimviii
3rd January 2017, 21:17
Any news on Ostberg/Suninen?

Mads Østberg ‏@MadsOstberg 3m
3 minutes ago

My first @OfficialWRC event will be @RallySweden in a -17 car. But first Rally Sigdal and Finnskog! 2 winterrallies in the Norwegian Cship

Andre Oliveira
3rd January 2017, 21:18
Mads Østberg
11 min ·

A little update; No need to worry friends. I will drive the WRC in a -17 spec car. My first rally in the Championship will be Rally Sweden.
Until then I will drive Rally Sigdal and Rally Finnskog, two winterrallies in the Norwegian Championship, in the Adapta Motorsport Fiesta R5.
I will get back to you with further info regarding my WRC programme when all details are in place.
#WRC #2motor

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd January 2017, 21:36
MartinH ‏@WRC46 19m19 minutes ago
@MadsOstberg What manufacturer Mads?

Mads Østberg ‏@MadsOstberg 17m17 minutes ago
@WRC46 ... to be continued. ;)

Andre Oliveira
3rd January 2017, 21:45
Only M-Sport can provide Private cars. Expect more privateers soon. As i said in WRC Trophy, that trophy is a farce. Prokop, Bertelli,...

EstWRC
4th January 2017, 09:19
Can M-sport change the third driver rally to rally?

mousti
4th January 2017, 09:30
Can M-sport change the third driver rally to rally?

Yes even second driver can be changed. Only first driver is nominated for 10 or all 13 events?

BigWorm
4th January 2017, 12:37
That's nice to hear. It would be harsh to not let him compete in a car he has tested and helped develop.

Simmi
4th January 2017, 15:17
Ostberg/Prokop to form two-car privateer team with M-Sport from Sweden -

https://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127630/ostberg-secures-independent-wrc-deal-for-2017

EstWRC
4th January 2017, 15:23
i dont even know what to say about it, i really doubt he will be on the podium this year.

dupanton
4th January 2017, 15:26
i dont even know what to say about it, i really doubt he will be on the podium this year.

I hope he doesn't get beaten by Prokop :p

BigWorm
4th January 2017, 15:28
Only surprise here for me is that he forms a team with Prokop, Fiesta surely was the only option.

A pay driver-team?

Andre Oliveira
4th January 2017, 15:35
As i said, WRC Trophy is a farse ;)

dimviii
4th January 2017, 15:44
why not? he will be wrc trophy CHAMPION.

rallyfiend
4th January 2017, 15:49
You've all missed the point that they'll be in '17 cars.

They're not in the WRC Trophy.

EstWRC
4th January 2017, 15:52
i got it right away and he still wont be on the podium.

Fast Eddie WRC
4th January 2017, 15:58
Change the record re Ostberg... just be glad there'll be another 2017 WRC car running.

EstWRC
4th January 2017, 16:00
yes but i would prefer good drivers instead of them in those cars, like Mikkelsen for example.

JUST MY OPINION.

EightGear
4th January 2017, 16:07
Well Ostberg isn't occupying a seat which could have gone to someone else so I'm fine with this, good news.

Andre Oliveira
4th January 2017, 16:18
You've all missed the point that they'll be in '17 cars.

They're not in the WRC Trophy.

Thats why i say, WRC Trophy is a farse ;)

SubaruNorway
4th January 2017, 17:25
According to Mads himself dad Morten has been a bit of a loose canon regarding this, nothing is 100% ready. http://www.parcferme.no/nyheter/stberg-nei-nei-nei-ingenting-er-bekreftet

Fast Eddie WRC
4th January 2017, 18:38
Well Ostberg isn't occupying a seat which could have gone to someone else so I'm fine with this, good news.

Exactly. Ostberg is entitled to drive privately.

Mikkelsen must sort himself a 2017 car, its not Mads fault.

Fast Eddie WRC
4th January 2017, 18:40
just my opinion.

repeated ad nauseum.

EstWRC
4th January 2017, 19:08
According to Manager Timo Jouhki @TeemuSuninenRac will drive R5 car in #RallySweden & it´s still possible that #WRC car during the #WRC2017

Rallyper
4th January 2017, 19:27
yes but i would prefer good drivers instead of them in those cars, like Mikkelsen for example.

JUST MY OPINION.

You could name more drivers then. Better than Ostberg. Not having seats. Just tell me. That´s all. Mads is a good driver.

cali
4th January 2017, 19:32
You could name more drivers then. Better than Ostberg. Not having seats. Just tell me. That´s all. Mads is a good driver.
Yeah, he is OK. Consistent.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

pantealex
4th January 2017, 19:33
According to Manager Timo Jouhki @TeemuSuninenRac will drive R5 car in #RallySweden & it´s still possible that #WRC car during the #WRC2017

Story:
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/ralli/art-2000005032888.html (in Finnish)

Jouhki didn´t say he will drive R5 in Sweden, he only said not WRC. But yes, it will probably be R5...

They will probably have press conference next week about rest of the season, it could be 2016 or 2017, depends of "3rd party", so probably they have financial packing sorted but don´t know about car...

Baig2507
5th January 2017, 07:04
I expect actually the opposite of you ;) Neuville has always been very bad at Monte Carlo and Sweden, I do not see that changing this year. The other Hyundai drivers are also never that good in the opening rallies. I expect the Korean cars to cruise for points these two rallies before challenging Ogier later in the season. I expect Ogier to dominate the first rallies to give him some breathing space in the rest of the year.

Not sure on your logic there. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Paddon has finished 3rd in 2015 & 2nd in 2016 in Sweden, so to suggest the Hyundai drivers don't do well in Sweden just seems illogical to me.

In my view the first few events of 2017 are just too hard to call. Ogier may marginally be favourite for MC solely on past form and experience but nobody has any idea on how the different new cars compare and there will no doubt be some reliability issues to begin the season with the new cars. Whichever way you look it should be the most exciting WRC campaign in years.

As a kiwi the addition of Rally NZ in 2018 would be the icing on the cake. Us diehards at the other end of the world dream of once again seeing the world's elite competing on our fantastic roads and having a local with a realistic chance of winning our own world class event is mouth watering. We love watching the action in Europe but believe the addition of NZ would add to the championship.

Happy new year.

dupanton
5th January 2017, 07:26
Not sure on your logic there. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Paddon has finished 3rd in 2015 & 2nd in 2016 in Sweden, so to suggest the Hyundai drivers don't do well in Sweden just seems illogical to me.

Paddon was 5th in 2015 ;)
Neuville was 2nd that year, in a 3 drivers battle for the win untill the very last stage. For me, this is still one of his best rallies ever.

He is right about Monte Carlo though, only Sordo had some decent results there.

Baig2507
5th January 2017, 07:40
Neuville was 2nd that year, in a 3 drivers battle for the win untill the very last stage. For me, this is still one of his best rallies ever.

Thanks for the corrected data. I still think the first few events are too difficult to predict with all the unknowns.

Cheer

Jasper
5th January 2017, 07:46

No he's not right. Neuville third last year in MC.

dupanton
5th January 2017, 09:28
No he's not right. Neuville third last year in MC.

I don't expect much from his this year in MC. Last year was his first result in MC. All editions before, he had a lot of offs.

BigWorm
5th January 2017, 09:42
I don't expect much from his this year in MC. Last year was his first result in MC. All editions before, he had a lot of offs.

5th in 2015 and beating Sordo in a proper fight. He's good enough for Monte now, he has the experience now.

Jasper
5th January 2017, 09:43

I don't think he had an off in 2015 (5th, Sordo 6th).
2014 yes, 2013 not really, 2012 yes.
Based on the last two years he should do better than Dani. I hope to see top 3.

As a Belgian you disappoint me Dupanton ;).

dupanton
5th January 2017, 10:11
I always have the feeling that he is not confident in MC.

No need to be disappointed Jasper, I'm a big Neuville fan!

EstWRC
5th January 2017, 14:51
Opinion: WRC teams made a mistake by overlooking Mikkelsen

http://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/opinion-wrc-teams-made-a-mistake-by-overlooking-mikkelsen-862049/

Marcco
5th January 2017, 15:32
Opinion: WRC teams made a mistake by overlooking Mikkelsen

http://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/opinion-wrc-teams-made-a-mistake-by-overlooking-mikkelsen-862049/

I think this article puts things a bit out of perspective. I think Mikkelsen will get seat as soon one is available. At the mean time he just need to keep his form.

Andre Oliveira
5th January 2017, 16:07
THE WRC LOWDOWN:
2017 SPORTING REGULATIONS
EACH NEW WRC SEASON IS ACCOMPANIED BY UPDATES TO THE RULES AND REGULATIONS THAT GOVERN THE SPORT. THIS YEAR IS NO EXCEPTION, SO HERE'S OUR SUMMARY OF THE FIA-SANCTIONED CHANGES THAT WILL BE INTRODUCED IN 2017.
ADVERTISING
1) Start order reshuffle

Arguably the most important change concerns the order in which drivers will tackle stages in 2017.

In 2016, leading drivers started in championship order for days one and two before switching to a reverse event classification on day three.

This year, drivers will start in championship order for day one only.

On days two and three, P1 drivers [see below] will start in the reverse order of rally classification at the end of the previous day. This group will be followed by any P1 drivers re-starting under Rally 2 regulations, and then the rest of the field in straight classification order.

The day one start order of the season-opening Rallye Monte-Carlo will be based on the 2016 championship classification.

2) A more valuable Power Stage

First introduced in 2011, the Power Stage offers bonus championship points to the fastest drivers through Sunday lunchtime’s rally-closing live TV stage.

Up to now, the three fastest drivers have been awarded points on a 3-2-1 basis. This year there's more to play for. The stage winner will be rewarded with five points, with the five fastest drivers taking points on a 5-4-3-2-1 basis.

3) Manufacturer nominations

Manufacturers previously nominated two drivers per rally to score points. In 2017 they will instead nominate three, with the top two finishers scoring manufacturer points.

Also, manufacturers are no longer required to nominate one lead driver at the start of the season.

4) New driver definitions

The FIA has changed some of the priority class definitions that apply to championship drivers. You'll see these on every rally entry list. Here's what they mean in 2017:

P1: Drivers of World Rally Cars either entered by a manufacturer [i.e 2017-spec] or entered in the WRC Trophy [for earlier-spec cars]

P2: Drivers entered by a competitor eligible to score points in the WRC 2 Championship

P3: Drivers entered by a competitor eligible to score points in the WRC 3 and/or Junior WRC Championships

WRC.com

COD
5th January 2017, 22:19
Thanks for the corrected data. I still think the first few events are too difficult to predict with all the unknowns.

Cheer

Hope we still have pickems, will make it interesting :)

seb_sh
5th January 2017, 22:21
I think this article puts things a bit out of perspective. I think Mikkelsen will get seat as soon one is available. At the mean time he just need to keep his form.

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. Also it doesn't look likely for this year, probably just next year. Mikkelsen is one of the drivers that could potentially beat Ogier in the future and he didn't get a drive. In short, Toyota, Ford and Citroen could have maybe fit him in but they didn't, for various reasons. I think it's too bad as he was on a very good form and I think he would have been fighting for wins almost each rally this year.

Marcco
6th January 2017, 18:21
Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. Also it doesn't look likely for this year, probably just next year. Mikkelsen is one of the drivers that could potentially beat Ogier in the future and he didn't get a drive. In short, Toyota, Ford and Citroen could have maybe fit him in but they didn't, for various reasons. I think it's too bad as he was on a very good form and I think he would have been fighting for wins almost each rally this year.

I agree, Mikkelesen is brilliant driver, but he is still young (27), so couple rallies or, in worst case, whole season out of WRC won't hurt him much, as long he stays smart and keeps his form and builds experience (for example with Škoda).
Remember that VW'exit was quick and unexpected and it is naive to think that all VW drivers will find seats right away.

Simmi
6th January 2017, 19:21
Yeah realistically which teams actually overlooked Mikkelsen? Toyota and maybe Dmack. But who knows what is going on there with Dmack.

For everyone else it would have been a case of breaking existing driver contracts to get him. And M-Sport were never going to take him over Ogier. He's just a victim of circumstance and hopefully he'll be on the better side of the musical chairs next season.

Fair play to him/his management for keeping him in the show and not throwing toys out of the pram.

jbmarcus21
6th January 2017, 19:41
are you ready for next generation of WRC ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Neq_r9BcUTc&feature=youtu.be

Andre Oliveira
6th January 2017, 19:49
Bertelli: Missing us on the @rallyemontecarl #EntryList? No worries, you will see us at @RallySweden

Stay tuned...

❄️��❄️

seb_sh
6th January 2017, 19:57
aside from contract/money issues Mikkelsen would have been a superior choice to: Evans, Breen, Lefebvre, Tanak, Latvala, Sordo (in my opinion) and could be Meeke or Neuville's equal (again in my opinion). I'm sure there was a possible choice in at least 2-3 of those cases. But yeah this is all hypothethical. I agree he was ultimately a victim of circumstance and probably his lack of contract is one of the biggest drawbacks caused by VW retiring.

Allez Andruet
8th January 2017, 09:56
http://urheiluuutiset.com/teemu-suninen-toi-gaalayleisolle-ilouutisen-ruotsissa-aloitetaan/

Teemu Suninen confirmed he'll drive in WRC2, starting from Sweden.

pantealex
8th January 2017, 10:33
http://urheiluuutiset.com/teemu-suninen-toi-gaalayleisolle-ilouutisen-ruotsissa-aloitetaan/

Teemu Suninen confirmed he'll drive in WRC2, starting from Sweden.

He has made deal with MSport and will later switch to WRC. Press conference is next week.

tommeke_B
8th January 2017, 10:44
Great! For me it's still difficult to understand why Toyota took Lappi over Suninen as their third driver. Time will tell who is the best driver. :)

EstWRC
8th January 2017, 10:49
that is nice to hear but i didnt read the m-sport deal out of this article?

stefanvv
8th January 2017, 10:50
Great! For me it's still difficult to understand why Toyota took Lappi over Suninen as their third driver. Time will tell who is the best driver. :)

Same here. May be because Lappi is little faster atm and showed some consistency last year. But I think Suninen will develop better, we'll see.

Mirek
8th January 2017, 11:26
Lappi failed in taking three second/third tier championships before finally winning the WRC2 in 2016. APRC, ERC and WRC2 where especially in the first two he had very little competition and he lost them purely because of his own mistakes. One can ask if he finally got a consistency or if 2016 was an exception from the rule. We have to wait and see.

focus206
8th January 2017, 12:28
Lappi failed in taking three second/third tier championships before finally winning the WRC2 in 2016. APRC, ERC and WRC2 where especially in the first two he had very little competition and he lost them purely because of his own mistakes. One can ask if he finally got a consistency or if 2016 was an exception from the rule. We have to wait and see.

I agree with what you're saying, but he got the ERC. He almost lost it to Wiegand who, as far as I remember, couldn't start the last round.

Mirek
8th January 2017, 13:46
True, sorry, it was to be decided on Corsica but Wiegand crashed on shakedown and couldn't start into the rally.

jbmarcus21
8th January 2017, 13:49
Citroen in preparation for Sweden with new C3Wrc (photo & video) => http://bit.ly/2iRJiBQ

PLuto
8th January 2017, 15:13
True, sorry, it was to be decided on Corsica but Wiegand crashed on shakedown and couldn't start into the rally.

To say the truth, team decided that he will not start...

EstWRC
10th January 2017, 09:20
Suninen to m-sport then http://www.m-sport.co.uk/m-sport-news/fiesta-r5/camilli-and-suninen-go-head-to-head-with-fiesta-r5-in-wrc-2

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1zFd1pWIAAnKzO.jpg

Andre Oliveira
10th January 2017, 09:21
Great great news :) what a talent

Allez Andruet
10th January 2017, 09:49
http://urheiluuutiset.com/nyt-pamahti-teemu-suninen-m-sportin-tehdaskuskiksi-ja-myos-wrc-kisoja-luvassa/

I'm not sure if it was said in the M-Sport press release, but Suninen will drive 2017-spec Fiesta WRC in Poland and Finland.

EstWRC
10th January 2017, 09:51
Even better news!

pantealex
10th January 2017, 09:56
http://urheiluuutiset.com/nyt-pamahti-teemu-suninen-m-sportin-tehdaskuskiksi-ja-myos-wrc-kisoja-luvassa/

I'm not sure if it was said in the M-Sport press release, but Suninen will drive 2017-spec Fiesta WRC in Poland and Finland.

and maybe in Sardinia also with WRC17

Andre Oliveira
10th January 2017, 10:00
Joni Pakarinen: @voiceofrally there were already scheduled that he'll drive 2017 wrc in Finland and Poland mby Sardinia also per Finnish media

RS
10th January 2017, 10:09
Some real competition for Skoda in WRC2 this year then.

I expect Sunninen will beat Camilli convincingly.

Andre Oliveira
10th January 2017, 10:10
Sweden from 9 to 12.2. WRC2

France Corsica 6.-9.4. WRC2

Portugal from 18 to 21.5. WRC2

Italy Sardinia, from 8 to 11.6. WRC or WRC2

Poland 29.6.-2.7. WRC 2017

Finland 27. -30.7. WRC 2017

Germany 17.-20.8. WRC2

Spain 5.-8.10. WRC2 (WRC2 class, depending on the situation of the standings)

United Kingdom Wales from 26 to 29.10. WRC2

tomhlord
10th January 2017, 11:08
Joni Pakarinen: @voiceofrally there were already scheduled that he'll drive 2017 wrc in Finland and Poland mby Sardinia also per Finnish media

That would be brilliant to see!

I'm getting a little lost with all these drivers in 2017 spec Fiestas however.

Evans, Ostberg, Prokop and potentially Bertelli, Camili and Suninen.

Either someone is not going to be in 2017 spec cars or there will be a lot of part programmes and chassis sharing.

EstWRC
10th January 2017, 11:36
Wilson has said that the plan is to have 6 WRC17spec cars by the middle of the season.

Fast Eddie WRC
10th January 2017, 11:41

Neste backing... money talks.

Duvel
10th January 2017, 11:42
Wilson has said that the plan is to have 6 WRC17spec cars by the middle of the season.

I still find it a shame that the other manufacturers dont rent out cars to privateers.
Citroen could rent to privateers toghether whit ph sport fur instance.

BigWorm
10th January 2017, 11:55
Maybe the 3rd M-sport entered Fiesta will be rotated some between drivers. There is no evidence so far that Evans will do the full campaign.

AMSS
10th January 2017, 12:11
Now there is:
https://madmimi.com/p/5a8949?fe=1&pact=45588-136934617-2354285482-2adeee517e19fb23b0f6917d8690432c47734c75

BigWorm
10th January 2017, 12:13
Now there is:
https://madmimi.com/p/5a8949?fe=1&pact=45588-136934617-2354285482-2adeee517e19fb23b0f6917d8690432c47734c75

Speaking of the devil eh

Fast Eddie WRC
10th January 2017, 12:19
. @ElfynEvans and @danielbarritt will head the DMACK World Rally Team in a @MSportLtd 2017-spec Ford Fiesta WRC ! :) https://t.co/fBXuC2SXHg

Fast Eddie WRC
10th January 2017, 12:22
https://medium.com/@rallyinguk/evans-joins-dmack-in-2017-wrc-campaign-cfbe4a0b680f#.e4xpusb6k

Andre Oliveira
10th January 2017, 12:23
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1zycDiXcAAhqYj?format=jpg&name=large

EstWRC
10th January 2017, 13:33
i think it maybe the best looking car of the grid....after Tänak's one of course :p

EstWRC
10th January 2017, 13:43
India in talks to host WRC round by 2019

http://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/india-in-talks-to-host-wrc-round-by-2019-864300/

Fast Eddie WRC
10th January 2017, 15:11
Reading Mikkelsen hoped to do Sweden in a Polo but out of time...

VM-trean Andreas Mikkelsen missar Svenska Rallyt #svtsport via @svtsport
https://t.co/5M9ecA4WmW

Doon
10th January 2017, 15:22
Can a 2017 Polo be run at all in 2017? I was lead to believe that the car had to be entered on all rounds to get the FIA homologation stamp. So once it had missed the Monte Carlo deadline, that was game over. Or can it now enter selected rounds?

skarderud
10th January 2017, 15:31
Can a 2017 Polo be run at all in 2017? I was lead to believe that the car had to be entered on all rounds to get the FIA homologation stamp. So once it had missed the Monte Carlo deadline, that was game over. Or can it now enter selected rounds?
If FIA and the other teams agree, he can do it. FIA is wery interested to see Andreas in a polo -17 this season.

Sent fra min XP7700 via Tapatalk

giu canbera
10th January 2017, 16:04
1168 Talking about the 2017 Polo...

EstWRC
10th January 2017, 16:04
https://twitter.com/RallyeSport/status/818832880264769536

this site claiming that Ogier had an off today...i hope not too big and everything is ok and Tänak can test tomorrow.

Fast Eddie WRC
10th January 2017, 16:20
Funny I was only thinking yesterday watching the test vids that no-one has had a proper off in a 2017 car yet...

Fast Eddie WRC
10th January 2017, 16:23
Some on Twitter saying Ogier damaged the rear.

Fast Eddie WRC
10th January 2017, 16:35
Report of Ogier Fiesta with problems:

https://carlocanovarallye.org/2017/01/10/montecarlo-in-incognito-per-la-fiesta-di-ogier/

dimviii
10th January 2017, 16:46
^^interesting..

rallyfiend
10th January 2017, 16:54
Funny I was only thinking yesterday watching the test vids that no-one has had a proper off in a 2017 car yet...

Meeke ripped a corner off his car and left it not looking to clever.

Andre Oliveira
10th January 2017, 16:59
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C10zBRgXUAAmHEt?format=jpg&name=large

SubaruNorway
10th January 2017, 17:09
Rumors that it would take 15 mill euro to homologate the Polo were not surprisingly false according to Veiby.
http://www.parcferme.no/nyheter/gjr-alt-for-sette-andreas-i-en-17-spec-polo-wrc

FAlonso
10th January 2017, 17:09
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C10zBRgXUAAmHEt?format=jpg&name=large

Substancial damage. Similar to Meeke's incident, maybe a bit worse (as far as one can tell from one picture/angle).

Andre Oliveira
10th January 2017, 17:15
Better resolution

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C10wfDGWIAA1iN4?format=jpg&name=large

SubaruNorway
10th January 2017, 17:21
Could just be snapped wheel bolts, nothing to worry about

Andre Oliveira
10th January 2017, 17:25
I think not much damage.

FAlonso
10th January 2017, 17:39
Agreed. Seeing the zoomed picture maybe it's nothing too serious. Looked worse when I first saw it on my mobile.

Allyc85
10th January 2017, 17:45
Could just be snapped wheel bolts, nothing to worry about

Wouldn't have thought so given the angle of the suspension strut ;)

Fast Eddie WRC
10th January 2017, 18:31
Meeke ripped a corner off his car and left it not looking to clever.

That was very similar to Ogier's, not a big crash.

Of course the drivers will want to push hard but they must be under team advice to look after these new cars...

dupanton
10th January 2017, 19:10
Apparently, Ogier's off would have been caused by a broken suspension triangle?

EstWRC
10th January 2017, 19:29
ah doesnt seem to be serious, i understand he continued later on?

Andre Oliveira
10th January 2017, 19:37
Continued after 3h. Look video that i shared in WRC Testing thread ;)

EstWRC
10th January 2017, 19:53
Sebastien Ogier crashes on pre-Monte Carlo M-Sport WRC test

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127700/ogier-crashes-on-premonte-msport-test

dimviii
10th January 2017, 20:01
Sebastien Ogier crashes on pre-Monte Carlo M-Sport WRC test

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127700/ogier-crashes-on-premonte-msport-test

from Malcolm words seems they are not yet,at wanted level

Fast Eddie WRC
10th January 2017, 20:04
Mikkelsen: Sadly no Rally Sweden for us. Working hard to find a solution for selected rallies in a 2017WRC car, but nothing ready yet. #FightbackToWRC https://t.co/wkkYOvxZIe

AL14
10th January 2017, 23:44
Mikkelsen: Sadly no Rally Sweden for us. Working hard to find a solution for selected rallies in a 2017WRC car, but nothing ready yet. #FightbackToWRC https://t.co/wkkYOvxZIe

shame

Simmi
11th January 2017, 07:15
MN today has quotes from Sven Smeets saying that they are negotiating with the FIA about an "exceptional waiver for homologation". It hasn't been done before and it would need approval by the other manufacturers to allow it.

Still sounds like they are trying hard, and that both the FIA and WRC Promoter want to see the Polo in the championship. Car is ready to go apparently and all the infrastructure still remains.

GigiGalliNo1
11th January 2017, 14:48
Do the other WRC teams really want to be shun by VW again and they wouldn't even be official?! I don't think they'll sign any papers and let VE privately compete to win!

Barreis
11th January 2017, 14:50
Do the other WRC teams really want to be shun by VW again and they wouldn't even be official?! I don't think they'll sign any papers and let VE privately compete to win!

i would sign it, more teams-better competetion

rallyfiend
11th January 2017, 15:14
If I was a team boss, there's no way I would let a non-registered manufacturer compete with their cars that could potentially beat mine.

There is no upside to the other teams here.

Rallyper
11th January 2017, 16:22
If I was a team boss, there's no way I would let a non-registered manufacturer compete with their cars that could potentially beat mine.

There is no upside to the other teams here.

But hey, hey! They don´t have Ogier any more. Remember that.

macebig
11th January 2017, 16:23
I don't think VW really wants to see the 17 Polo race.If they were bent on running they could have used Red Bull/Qatar sponsorship theme and get the cars going for less than 10mil for the whole year.Mikkelsen/a slashed salary Ogier and Lappi/Al Attyah would have happily agreed with this.

Simmi
11th January 2017, 17:00
I don't think VW really wants to see the 17 Polo race.If they were bent on running they could have used Red Bull/Qatar sponsorship theme and get the cars going for less than 10mil for the whole year.Mikkelsen/a slashed salary Ogier and Lappi/Al Attyah would have happily agreed with this.

Maybe there's some stipulation that they need to make money or at the very least break even from the venture. That way it can be rationalised at board level.

Barreis
11th January 2017, 17:38
VW story on autosport...
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127714

wia5958
11th January 2017, 18:07
Theres a homologation deadline for a reason. I was sorry to see vw go but they could of homologated the car without using it. If vw get a special waiver for this season it really shows how much they have the fia/wrc promoter in their pocket. No other team would be allowed it why should vw be any different. This is just my opinion

PLuto
11th January 2017, 18:58
Theres a homologation deadline for a reason. I was sorry to see vw go but they could of homologated the car without using it. If vw get a special waiver for this season it really shows how much they have the fia/wrc promoter in their pocket. No other team would be allowed it why should vw be any different. This is just my opinion

To understand correctly, there are more dates for possible homologations. It is not necessary to homologate car only at 1.1.

dodge33cymru
11th January 2017, 20:58
If VW can get the car to run without the potential negative publicity of being seen spending money on that whilst making cutbacks, you'd better bet they'll take it.

Rally Power
11th January 2017, 21:31

Why blame the FIA for being supportive to the most important players of the sport, the manus? Besides, today a rules exception comes handy to VW, tomorrow it can be useful to any other make, like it happened several times in the past.

The Mini WRC case was one of those times. BMW was authorized to homologate the new car in 2011 even if Prodrive only planned to rally a limited number of events during the season. They didn’t score points and were obliged to enter a full season on ’12, otherwise the Mini homologation would be cancelled (eventually after Prodrive pull out a plan B using Araujo’s private team come in rescue of BMW and all Mini’s WRC owners).

It would be great to see the ’17 Polo rallying, but maybe it just won’t happen. For now it’s quite clear that VW’s board decision to pull out WRC was rush and probably not unanimous. Otherwise we wouldn’t be seeing a couple of members of the board alongside VW Motorsport top staff trying to sort out a solution to put the car on stages. Best luck for them!

Oppositelock
12th January 2017, 08:41
As I understand, it's not a question of homologation dates. The bureaucratic process concerning the car was finished in time. But there is no homologation without the manufacturer formally entering into WRC. That date has passed an that's the point, VW needs to sort out and needs the agreement from the other manus: How to realise an entry without Volkswagen doing it?

Andre Oliveira
12th January 2017, 09:29
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C19dyszWEAEhSyK?format=jpg&name=large

EstWRC
12th January 2017, 09:31
Looks good. Didn't like it at first but looks better here. Doesnt look so messy anymore.

Mirek
12th January 2017, 09:33
I don't like the livery at all but that's same case for me with nearly all RedBull ones.

Andre Oliveira
12th January 2017, 09:48
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C19Py96XEAE63Ir?format=jpg&name=large

tommeke_B
12th January 2017, 09:48
Looks like a DTM car now, not just the car but also the livery. These cars could look very strange on gravel or snow setup.

EstWRC
12th January 2017, 10:29
More angles of ogier car https://twitter.com/rallyinguk/status/819490598696734721

Andre Oliveira
12th January 2017, 10:33
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C19qVqkXUAEv6F-?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C19qVo7XUAAoOpn?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C19qVnKWEAAnExR?format=jpg&name=large

spyros
12th January 2017, 11:25
Dont like it at all.

Eli
12th January 2017, 11:26
Shame, it actually looked better beforehand and they managed to ruin it

Fast Eddie WRC
12th January 2017, 11:29
Shame, it actually looked better beforehand and they managed to ruin it

I think it looks better with the silver on the front wings instead of white.

Eli
12th January 2017, 11:33
Only the front... But they ruined everything else

Duvel
12th January 2017, 11:36
Only the front... But they ruined everything else

The silver front bothers me also, if they use silver rims maybe? The Tanak car looked better to me to

Eli
12th January 2017, 11:41
The silver front bothers me also, if they use silver rims maybe? The Tanak car looked better to me to
Black rims... Don't know why both them & Citroën dropped that idea.

Franky
12th January 2017, 11:54
Black rims... Don't know why both them & Citroën dropped that idea.

And I don't understand the fascination with black rims.

Eli
12th January 2017, 12:00
Look at the Polo, didn't it look better with the black rims?

tc10a
12th January 2017, 12:17
Look at the Polo, didn't it look better with the black rims?

Absolutely not.
Black Rims are a no-go!

Eli
12th January 2017, 12:18
Absolutely not.
Black Rims are a no go!
Well I guess it's a matter of taste...

Franky
12th January 2017, 12:20
Those weren't black.

Eli
12th January 2017, 12:21
Grey.. Dark colours

dimviii
12th January 2017, 12:32
its ugly.

edit plain white is way better

http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2017/post-1181-0-24047400-1484166520.jpg

smsgrafica
12th January 2017, 14:31
They made it worse. I don't like the silver and I don't understand why they took away the fragmentation on the dark blue...

Allyc85
12th January 2017, 14:33
Think I prefer the Dmack car, there's too much going on with Ogier's.

A FONDO
12th January 2017, 14:40
Absolutely agree mate.

Me neither, plus they make the whole wheel look like casual 15" with 65 profile tyre.

Ucci
12th January 2017, 16:39
Dont like it at all.

Once Fiesta will stand on the highest step at the winning ceremony (accompaniment by the French national anthem), the colour of the front wings & rims Will be the last issue for the fans.....

Rally Power
12th January 2017, 17:34
As I understand, it's not a question of homologation dates. The bureaucratic process concerning the car was finished in time. But there is no homologation without the manufacturer formally entering into WRC. That date has passed an that's the point, VW needs to sort out and needs the agreement from the other manus: How to realise an entry without Volkswagen doing it?

More than the rules obstacles, what’s probably making hard to get the Polo WRC project going on is the funding issue. The current approach from VW M seems to be: we’ll enter any form of motorsport, as long you pay for it!

Barreis
12th January 2017, 17:40
More than the rules obstacles, what’s probably making hard to get the Polo WRC project going on is the funding issue. The current approach from VW M seems to be: we’ll enter any form of motorsport, as long you pay for it!

with 15 mill.€

Fast Eddie WRC
12th January 2017, 18:01
At the Autosport Show - "Sebastien has driven the 2017 Volkswagen, his feedback has been valuable," Wilson says of Ogier's input with M-Sport's Fiesta from his limited testing programme.

It sounded like Ogier thought the new Fiesta compared quite well with the 2017 Polo. I think that's what is giving Wison some confidence until his car can compare with the others for real in Monte.

Andre Oliveira
12th January 2017, 18:47
According some sources, Ogier said that Fiesta have some things better than Polo. Some weaker too offcourse ;)

SubaruNorway
12th January 2017, 18:54
with 15 mill.€

Not correct, that would be more like the price of running a two car team for a season according to Veiby.
https://www.parcferme.no/nyheter/gjr-alt-for-sette-andreas-i-en-17-spec-polo-wrc

rallyfiend
12th January 2017, 19:28
Not correct, that would be more like the price of running a two car team for a season according to Veiby.
https://www.parcferme.no/nyheter/gjr-alt-for-sette-andreas-i-en-17-spec-polo-wrc

Exactly.

Homolgation costs would have to come on top of that.

Gregor-y
12th January 2017, 19:29
The best thing I can say is they'll look a lot cooler driving around with a wing torn off. But then rally cars have always looked cool continuing on after taking body damage that would stop a circuit racer.

The Red Bull livery is fairly consistent with all their other competition cars, so ugly or not at least the brand's on message.

Barreis
12th January 2017, 20:04

question is how many events FIA would ask them to compete to obligate homologation

macebig
12th January 2017, 20:45
I think the rule back in the day was at least 4 rallies(thats what Peugeot entered in 1999,Citroen in 2001,Mini in 2011).Don't know if it still applies..

nafpaktos
12th January 2017, 20:54
How big help is this?i mean for an experienced driver.

https://www.facebook.com/andreasmikkelsenrally/photos/a.191228430896418.45776.185806838105244/1384378774914705/?type=3&hc_ref=NEWSFEED

dimviii
12th January 2017, 21:08
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1_7sBIUcAA00fz.jpg:large

br21
12th January 2017, 22:32
I saw the Fiesta live today with that livery and it looks really OK

Andre Oliveira
12th January 2017, 22:44
It looks amazing for me ;)

Andre Oliveira
12th January 2017, 23:44
Mads on Sweden
Prokop on Mexico
Two car team after that

http://www.rallysportmag.com.au/home/wrc/11089-interview-mads-ostberg-on-his-new-wrc-team

the sniper
13th January 2017, 04:36
I saw the Fiesta live today with that livery and it looks really OK

Does it look better in person than in the various pictures that have been posted? I'm hoping that it's just the lighting that isn't doing it any favours in the pics posted on here.

Going by pictures alone, I much preferred the livery shown in the initial reveal, due to both the white front and where they stuck the Castrol stickers! :D

WUff1
13th January 2017, 05:20
Mads on Sweden
Prokop on Mexico
Two car team after that

http://www.rallysportmag.com.au/home/wrc/11089-interview-mads-ostberg-on-his-new-wrc-team

Ostberg has the best media team of all WRC drivers/teams. So far the most present driver in Media 2017 apart from Ogier, but much more present than all the other works team drivers.

rayh_mx
13th January 2017, 14:22
The organization of the Mexico rally plans to start in CDMX

"The main objective is to promote Guanajuato and the event in the anchor city of the country"

LEÓN, Gto.- The Mexico 2017 Rally would not start in Alhóndiga de Granaditas as it has been characterized during the dates of the World Rally Championship, but would move to Paseo de la Reforma in Mexico City to tour the first stage of Almost a mile. Contrary to the tradition that has been lived in Guanajuato during the last years, the organizing committee of the date in Aztec territory, commanded by RallyMex, has raised to the Government of Mexico City the idea of taking out in the first kilometers scoring since One of the most legendary avenues in the national territory, confirmed for Correo, the general director of communication of the event, Adrián Molina.
http://periodicocorreo.com.mx/proyectan-arrancar-el-rally-en-cdmx/

Would be nice, but i guess it would be very complicated

More Info:
http://laaficion.milenio.com/automovilismo/rally_mexico-ciudad_de_mexico-leon-milenio-la_aficion_0_883711624.html

Fast Eddie WRC
13th January 2017, 14:36
Ari Vatanen tells Le Dauphine he urged Malcolm Wilson to give Seb Ogier a test.

"As much as humanly sportingly, Sébastien is a really great man. He is friendly and has easy contact. And sportingly, what more can you ask for? He is gifted." summed up the Finn Ari Vatanen.

He does not skimp in superlatives to talk about the high alpine champion. Gifted, dominant, ultra-fast, ultra-regular. World champion for the fourth time in 2016, Sébastien Ogier has no equal. At least not yet. Recently, Volkswagen withdrew from the circuit and Ogier had to choose a new team.

He turned to M-Sport, run by Malcolm Wilson, a long time friend of Ari Vatanen. "I encouraged him to test Ogier, then take him. It was obviously a risk for the team, especially financially. It is a wise choice on the part of Sébastien. "

http://www.ledauphine.com/hautes-alpes/2017/01/13/ari-vatanen-ogier-c-est-un-surdoue

itix
13th January 2017, 16:44
Monte Carlo is soon upon us and I can't remember a year when it was so hard to predict the end of the year as this one.

The new regs and the demise of VW sure shook things up.

I predict unpredictability in this year's rallies given that Msport aren't really known for their durability and Meeke and Neuville aren't really known for their ability to always stay on the road.

Let's hope for another golden era with a lot of manufacturers to come in 2018 and 19.

dupanton
13th January 2017, 17:35
I predict unpredictability in this year's rallies given that Msport aren't really known for their durability and Meeke and Neuville aren't really known for their ability to always stay on the road.

Neuville crashed once in 2016, in Mexico. Last 8 rallies he never finished lower then 4th. If that isn't being regular, I don't know who is...

Fast Eddie WRC
13th January 2017, 22:49
Good to see BT Sport & MotorsTV now listing their WRC coverage for next week.

I wonder what the "Red Bull TV" coverage will be like on the Saturday...

itix
14th January 2017, 13:00
Neuville crashed once in 2016, in Mexico. Last 8 rallies he never finished lower then 4th. If that isn't being regular, I don't know who is...
Well, the year before that he crashed a few times and let's be realistic, Ogier has a neater track record than him.

There were plenty of touches and spins and small mistakes where he was lucky this year.

Compared to Ogier he is less neat for sure.

Fast Eddie WRC
14th January 2017, 17:58
I wonder what the "Red Bull TV" coverage will be like on the Saturday...

The RB coverage isnt an extra live Saturday stage as I'd thought... the other channels & WRC+ are also showing it.

But it is free on the RB website & app.

SubaruNorway
14th January 2017, 18:29
The RB coverage isnt an extra live Saturday stage as I'd thought... the other channels & WRC+ are also showing it.

But it is free on the RB website & app.

It's just the coverage in different wraping and extra insights, like the Dakar stuff on redbull.tv

Fast Eddie WRC
15th January 2017, 13:38
WRC+ http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/january-2017/more-live-stages-in-2017/page/4205--12-12-.html

dimviii
15th January 2017, 20:38
any news from this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwD2JZJ5KOU

dimviii
15th January 2017, 21:48
http://www.rallysportmag.com.au/home/wrc/11095-preview-2017-monte-carlo-rally-team-by-team

Rallyper
15th January 2017, 21:49

Should be when our finnish friends will translate. Paavo?

pantealex
16th January 2017, 09:32

Video inside Toyota "factory"

Tommi talks a lot, but nothing spectacular.

-10 trucks across the europe
-that 1 where they were inside comes back to Puuppola everytime between rallies with WRC´s + critical parts.
-most of others trucks stays in europe or goes straight to next event

-WRC contains over 2000 parts, most of them they make themselves
-tolerance in measurements is 0,5mm (X,Y,Z system)
-Monte cars have already been tested outside
-those (grey ones) which were under built were Sweden cars (is that possible? They don´t have to use same cars than in Monte?)
-container to Mexico leaves this week

-talked about safety of cars (lot of foam everywhere)

-tenth is over 50m wide
-open also for public, not only for VIP
-both end of tenth is place for audience, race cars are in middle

N.O.T
16th January 2017, 09:59
no posters of the mitsubishi days to remind us how fabricated champions are made ??? i am sad....

tomhlord
16th January 2017, 11:27
-tent is over 50m wide
-open also for public, not only for VIP
-both end of tent is place for audience, race cars are in middle

I like the sound of that.

A FONDO
16th January 2017, 13:00
no posters of the mitsubishi days to remind us how fabricated champions are made ??? i am sad....

There's only one fabricated champion and he ran away from WRC "to be more with his family" only to begin travelling to South America and Silk Way.

tommeke_B
16th January 2017, 13:21
-tolerance in measurements is 0,5mm (X,Y,Z system)
Tolerance of what? +-0,5mm is HUGE, unless it's for the rear wing...

dupanton
16th January 2017, 13:48

I hope they did not make their engine components with a tolerance of +-0,5mm :p

itix
16th January 2017, 13:49
I hope they did not make their engine components with a tolerance of +-0,5mm :p
They don't make the engine. TMG does.

dupanton
16th January 2017, 13:52
They don't make the engine. TMG does.

+-0,5mm is huge, also for suspension components etc. Try to fit a bearing when you have a hole with such a tolerance...

itix
16th January 2017, 13:58
+-0,5mm is huge, also for suspension components etc. Try to fit a bearing when you have a hole with such a tolerance...

I am an engineer so I am fully aware of that. I don't think he is talking about bearings because the car wouldn't run for the milage it has with those tolerances on suspension mountings, wheel hub bearings recesses, control arm mountings etc (which realistically are the only components they make in house... The suspension is made by external company).

You should not hang all of your perceptions on one comment take out of its context translated by a forum member...

Mirek
16th January 2017, 14:41
It was likely just a random number thrown for clueless audience.

Rallyper
16th January 2017, 14:50
However if you saw the clip it was about the rollcage mounting in bodyshell, I suppose. You don´t even have to be engineer to understand 0,5 mm is huge in other parts.

pantealex
16th January 2017, 15:17

actually there was still that one hanging...
you did´t see it ???

pantealex
16th January 2017, 15:21

Tolerance of bodywork welding, over 1000 different point, each +-0,5mm tolerance only.
You did´t notice that computer with X,Y,Z when they were making bodywork ?

Mirek
16th January 2017, 16:01
Bodywork +/-0,5 mm is on the other hand very very strict. I doubt it's feasible to achieve but maybe it is.

MartinMK
16th January 2017, 16:26
+-0,5 mm was about that frame he was standing about, there is 25 fixing points for car body with tolerance +-0.5mm.

Andre Oliveira
16th January 2017, 22:07
Cohete Suarez, excelent driver and hero

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2UyMPvXgAEs0ku?format=jpg&name=large

A FONDO
16th January 2017, 22:49
he saved them from intoxication, but how?

KiwiWRCfan
16th January 2017, 23:11
he saved them from intoxication, but how?
He saw a house that was on fire at night. Rang fire brigade. Broke into house to waken people sleeping inside. Everyone got out of house safely http://www.marca.com/motor/rallies/2017/01/16/587d22d3e5fdea537c8b4652.html

A FONDO
17th January 2017, 09:02
Great effort indeed. Most people would not bother, let the neighbours call, let the firemen evacuate etc.

Mintexmemory
17th January 2017, 09:53
Great effort indeed. Most people would not bother, let the neighbours call, let the firemen evacuate etc.

I hope his career goes from strength to strength - just so much fun to watch at WRGB last October!

dimviii
17th January 2017, 12:10
citroen c3 development

https://youtu.be/c4snrZvtlJo

Fast Eddie WRC
17th January 2017, 14:26
Seb Ogier:
New season! New team! New helmet! But still very proud and happy to remain in the #redbullfamily 😃👍💪 @MSportLtd @redbullmotors https://t.co/0HHzp4bqxh

jparker
17th January 2017, 15:13
Seb Ogier:
New season! New team! New helmet! But still very proud and happy to remain in the #redbullfamily ������ @MSportLtd @redbullmotors https://t.co/0HHzp4bqxh

Why "but"? Bad car just to keep the good sponsor, maybe?

EightGear
17th January 2017, 15:18
Why "but"? Bad car just to keep the good sponsor, maybe?
Translation:

'Lots of new things, lots of changes, but still part of the RB family.'

markpcym
17th January 2017, 15:20
hes just basically saying that he's another season with "redbull" and that's nothing new...

jparker
17th January 2017, 15:23
Translation:

'Lots of new things, lots of changes, but still part of the RB family.'

well, my traslation is:
It all went wrong, except the RedBull, which is more important for me.

EstWRC
17th January 2017, 15:26
why the hell are you trying to read something like that out of nowhere?

you have something against him or m-sport?

jparker
17th January 2017, 15:37

you have something against him or m-sport?

I have nothing against him, just trying to figure out why in the world he signed with M-Sport? It all looks like he had no other choice to me.
Nothing against M-Sport either, but I just don't like them. Am I not allowed the express that?

macebig
17th January 2017, 15:42
#FORDHating is real.Looks like we got ourselves a GM guy...

EstWRC
17th January 2017, 16:13
Hirvonen tips M-Sport and Ogier for WRC title attack

http://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/hirvonen-tips-m-sport-and-ogier-for-wrc-title-attack-865241/

er88
17th January 2017, 16:16
I have nothing against him, just trying to figure out why in the world he signed with M-Sport? It all looks like he had no other choice to me.
Nothing against M-Sport either, but I just don't like them. Am I not allowed the express that?
He didn't have another choice. Unless you count Toyota as a genuine option....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

stefanvv
17th January 2017, 16:20

Because his name is Ogier?!?

Fast Eddie WRC
17th January 2017, 21:36
Hirvonen - Toyota not competely ready:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127777/toyota-not-completely-ready-for-wrc-return

jparker
18th January 2017, 08:34
Hirvonen - Toyota not competely ready:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127777/toyota-not-completely-ready-for-wrc-return

Well, no need to be an expert to conclude the same, but Toyota is a match for Ford as we speak.
But yes, it will take some time to be on par with the rest.

EstWRC
18th January 2017, 08:45
Lol, funny man you

jparker
18th January 2017, 09:01
Lol, funny man you

So, you really believe your guy and Ogier can change something that has been established for more than 30 years?
Even Hirvonen is not convinced:
""I don't know for sure, but it is possible. I really hope they can get back to winning ways ....."

EightGear
Did Malcolm Wilson steal your marbles when you were kids or something?

A FONDO
indeed his last 10 posts are quite funny. but time could probably heal.

jparker
18th January 2017, 09:07
Well I'm here for the fun of it, so why not be funny?

Rallyper
18th January 2017, 10:17

Why he signed MSport? No other choices, but MSport did have an good option in the car as well.

AMSS
18th January 2017, 10:28
Why he signed MSport? No other choices, but MSport did have an good option in the car as well.

We`ll he had Toyota as a choice but chose M-sport over them even though the Toyota deal would probably have been financially a lot better, anyone can speculate freely what the reason for this was... :)

tomhlord
18th January 2017, 10:43
Toyota is a match for Ford as we speak.

No one really knows until the actually rallying starts. Keep calm and enjoy the WRC :)

bassist
18th January 2017, 10:43
We`ll he had Toyota as a choice but chose M-sport over them even though the Toyota deal would probably have been financially a lot better, anyone can speculate freely what the reason for this was... :)

He`s there, and starts the Monte tomorrow, so lets get over it. This could be one of the most interesting seasons we have had for many years. Thats why we follow the sport isnt it?

AMSS
18th January 2017, 10:57
He`s there, and starts the Monte tomorrow, so lets get over it. This could be one of the most interesting seasons we have had for many years. Thats why we follow the sport isnt it?

Agreed 100%