PDA

View Full Version : Rally Wrc Mexico 2017

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

jbmarcus21
21st December 2016, 22:33
Timetable and itinerary Wrc Mexico 2017 ➡ bit.ly/2h3a6wG

rayh_mx
26th December 2016, 16:55
Timetable and itinerary Wrc Mexico 2017 on Rally Mexico Site http://www.rallymexico.com/competitors/documents

rayh_mx
24th January 2017, 00:19
Rally Guanajuato Corona is here to stay!

It confirms street stage in Guanajuato on Friday.

The Start will be in CDMX Capital of the country.

http://www.rallymexico.com/news/comment/rally-guanajuato-corona-is-here-to-stay

GigiGalliNo1
25th January 2017, 01:20
News on stage in Mexico City?

EstWRC
25th January 2017, 11:15
here you go https://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127875/rally-mexico-adds-stage-in-bond-film-location

rayh_mx
25th January 2017, 14:56
News on stage in Mexico City?
There will be a stage on Thursday in the Capital of the country (CDMX) and another street in the tunnels in Guanajuato like starts as previous years, such as SS2

CDMX
http://d1vmfp3l3lxrif.cloudfront.net/entretenimiento/cine/Mexico-filmacion-James-Bond-Spectre_MEDIMA20150328_0062_3.jpg

I'm still not sure it's just there, however there are 46,800 m² (195 m x 240 m) to create a new track

rayh_mx
27th January 2017, 16:23
A new time table
http://www.rallymexico.com/files/rep/ItineraryMx17-V3.pdf

Maps in PDF format.
http://www.rallymexico.com/files/rep/MapasRutaMx17-V3.pdf

rayh_mx
30th January 2017, 14:49
http://cdn-9.motorsport.com/images/mgl/2dy1RgLY/s8/wrc-rally-de-mexico-2017-mapa-ruta-etapa-1-cdmx.jpg

Sulland
12th February 2017, 11:00
Henning is working on a deal to try to get the Fiesta of Mads for Mexico. Lets see if he succeeds!
would be cool!

Andre Oliveira
12th February 2017, 14:23
Fiesta R5?

WRC17
12th February 2017, 14:27
Henning is working on a deal to try to get the Fiesta of Mads for Mexico. Lets see if he succeeds!
would be cool!

Henning Solberg is a has been driver now as is Ostberg as he had the last 4 years to prove himself and he never won.

Franky
12th February 2017, 14:47
Henning Solberg is a has been driver now as is Ostberg as he had the last 4 years to prove himself and he never won.

How long have you been following WRC?

Myrvold
12th February 2017, 14:47

The more drivers the better, and as long as they don't take a spot from someone more talented, there is no issue in it. It's not like they are keeping Mikkelsen, Tidemand, Suuninen or anyone else out of a WRC seat.

WRC17
12th February 2017, 14:48
The more drivers the better, and as long as they don't take a spot from someone more talented, there is no issue in it. It's not like they are keeping Mikkelsen, Tidemand, Suuninen or anyone else out of a WRC seat.

All I was saying is that Ostberg had his chance, and never won on pace alone.

Sulland
12th February 2017, 15:20
Fiesta R5?

No, wrc17 since neither Mads or Prokop are going.
just at a planning phase, nothing decided yet.
Maybe Mikkelsen is keen as well?

jparker
12th February 2017, 15:47
http://cdn-9.motorsport.com/images/mgl/2dy1RgLY/s8/wrc-rally-de-mexico-2017-mapa-ruta-etapa-1-cdmx.jpg

Wow, this looks like nightmare for Neuville.

Eli
12th February 2017, 15:52
"At Rally Mexico (9-12 March), Citroën Total Abu Dhabi WRT will be entering two C3 WRCs for Kris Meeke/Paul Nagle and Stéphane Lefebvre/Gabin Moreau"
That's from Citroën's Racing site.. Honestly they aren't real...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Simmi
12th February 2017, 16:12
I guess these early year C3 drives were all decided prior to the season. You could look at it in hindsight and say that maybe they should have done a round each and then gone with the guy who was in the best position. I guess they probably had to get the entry sent off before. I think it's clear who should be in the car. Probably to Matton too if he's honest.

Andre Oliveira
12th February 2017, 16:25
No, wrc17 since neither Mads or Prokop are going.
just at a planning phase, nothing decided yet.
Maybe Mikkelsen is keen as well?

Prokop news about no go to Mexico was cause no car available, so why they will rent that car?

I only see one option, M-Sport test car

RS
12th February 2017, 16:33
Tidemand is going to Mexico.

pantealex
13th February 2017, 14:15
Entries have closed week ago...
so nobody is planning anymore...

Bertelli will be there with WRC17

BigWorm
13th February 2017, 15:32
http://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/bertelli-to-drive-2017-spec-m-sport-ford-in-mexico-873394/

Power of that Prada-money.

Or is it Gucci?

steve.mandzij
13th February 2017, 17:23
How could Matton be so dumb? Lefebvre is clearly inferior to Breen, ESPECIALLY on gravel.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

N.O.T
13th February 2017, 17:38
How could Matton be so dumb? Lefebvre is clearly inferior to Breen, ESPECIALLY on gravel.

I think it has to do more with who has better backing than choices within a team, I would like to see the citroen team be part of the cancer Abu Dhabi is as a sponsor. I doubt they are even a manufacturer.

Myrvold
13th February 2017, 18:55
http://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/bertelli-to-drive-2017-spec-m-sport-ford-in-mexico-873394/

Power of that Prada-money.

Or is it Gucci?

It's Prada ;P

Rotating them every other rally. Fair deal tbh.

EstWRC
13th February 2017, 19:53
this rally is Neuville's or Meeke's to loose with their starting positions for day 1.

pantealex
14th February 2017, 10:10
this rally is Neuville's or Meeke's to loose with their starting positions for day 1.

Those 2 + Ogier = TOP3

BigWorm
14th February 2017, 14:23

Both needs to win it. Podium the least acceptable.

rayh_mx
14th February 2017, 19:39
Benito Guerra on a Skoda Fabia R5, Ricardo Triviño will use a DS3 R5... My bet over Benito

steve.mandzij
14th February 2017, 19:46
Has Benito ever been a worthy competitor on any rally? Don't know much about him but he gets quite a bit of coverage when he competed.

rayh_mx
14th February 2017, 20:33
From my perspective Benito lacks sponsorship. In 2012 leading the PWRC almost does not compete in Spain. Telmex, which only sponsored Formula cars, was able to support it

As far as I know, in Spain, speak very well of him

GigiGalliNo1
15th February 2017, 03:02
He screwed Citroen over back in the day with them offering him a positive campaign for a year but he said no, chopped and changed and suffered.

Francis44
15th February 2017, 13:23
I think we might be in for a treat with Ogier comments on this rally since M-Sport engines are not famous for their performance on these high altitude stages.

jparker
15th February 2017, 14:00
Why Rally Mexico Tweets are in Spanish?

rallyfiend
15th February 2017, 14:06

You are shitting us, aren't you?

jparker
15th February 2017, 14:20
You are shitting us, aren't you?

You think I'm the US President? Nooooo, Just a relevant question.

tomhlord
15th February 2017, 14:46

You can hit the 'Translate from Spanish' button on Twitter.

Mintexmemory
15th February 2017, 14:47
I think we might be in for a treat with Ogier comments on this rally since M-Sport engines are not famous for their performance on these high altitude stages.
Don't think so - he will drive within the limitations, probably lower engine performance than the Hyundai team but capable of being quicker than Sordo and probably the Toyotas. I think he will let Neuville, Paddon, Meeke and Tanak bite chunks out of each other and look to conserve his car / tyres for the last day. Top 3 finish definitely

tomhlord
15th February 2017, 14:48
Don't think so - he will drive within the limitations, probably lower engine performance than the Hyundai team but capable of being quicker than Sordo and probably the Toyotas. I think he will let Neuville, Paddon, Meeke and Tanak bite chunks out of each other and look to conserve his car / tyres for the last day. Top 3 finish definitely

Sounds like a plan!

rayh_mx
15th February 2017, 15:58

May be because in Mexico we speak in spanish...

jparker
15th February 2017, 16:24
May be because in Mexico we speak in spanish...

I guess you don't want non-Mexicans to read it. Fine with me.

steve.mandzij
15th February 2017, 16:41
You know that every rally does this, right?

jparker
15th February 2017, 17:25
You know that every rally does this, right?

Rally Sweden tweets were in English, or at least most of them.

the sniper
15th February 2017, 18:18
Rally Sweden tweets were in English, or at least most of them.

Many people in Sweden speak English, I don't imagine this is so much the case in Mexico. Most rallies tweet in their local language.

jparker
15th February 2017, 18:32
Many people in Sweden speak English, I don't imagine this is so much the case in Mexico. Most rallies tweet in their local language.
It's about the official tweets only.
Anyway, I didn't know about the translation option, so no big deal.

Allez Andruet
15th February 2017, 18:41
When the entry list is published?

jbmarcus21
15th February 2017, 20:16
Hayden Paddon in preparation for Mexico
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUxtX__oufM&feature=youtu.be

@allez Andruet => Tomorrow entrylist ;)

rayh_mx
16th February 2017, 14:36
Don't take things personally ;)

rayh_mx
16th February 2017, 21:20
Hayden Paddon in preparation for Mexico
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUxtX__oufM&feature=youtu.be

@allez Andruet => Tomorrow entrylist ;)

I don't know if thomorow will be published, but there are 28 cars in the list

bluuford
16th February 2017, 21:31
I don't know if thomorow will be published, but there are 28 cars in the list
Last year, there was also 28 cars

Andre Oliveira
16th February 2017, 22:01
Regs say february 16th, so today :)

N.O.T
16th February 2017, 22:20

I guess they think that in 2017 a non-basic person that can use twitter could also use a translator to translate small sentences on the interwebs

AL14
17th February 2017, 00:40
2 pages arguing about this spanish tweets thing.

What's wrong with the forum lately?

jparker
17th February 2017, 09:17
2 pages arguing about this spanish tweets thing.

What's wrong with the forum lately?

It’s the desire of one self-proclaimed, self-loving, leader to make all others look stupid, so he can shine, but with the wrong assumption that this is actually working.

PLuto
17th February 2017, 11:28
There is nothing else to talk about Mexico, so readers are "spending free time" with this nonimportant issues :)

AL14
17th February 2017, 12:34
There is nothing else to talk about Mexico, so readers are "spending free time" with this nonimportant issues :)

Actually, as every year, there should be talking about the engine loss of power, with all the technies arguing about it for at least 4-5 pages. But there's still time for that. :)

rayh_mx
17th February 2017, 15:07
Last year, there was also 28 cars

I heard it at the press conference with the Head of Government of the CDMX, there he said that there were approximately 28 cars.

GigiGalliNo1
17th February 2017, 15:08
Anyone from the forums also attending the rally?

rayh_mx
17th February 2017, 15:28
Anyone from the forums also attending the rally?
Besides me?

jparker
17th February 2017, 18:01
For those who didn't read the full article: http://www.rallymexico.com/news/comment/james-bond-venue-hosts-wrc the interesting part is at the end:

It means Thursday morning’s shakedown will be brought forward to Wednesday afternoon. Rally cars will be transported to Mexico City by road on Thursday for the stage, which begins shortly before 19.30, after which they will make the return journey to León.

Crews and teams will fly to and from the capital city before a delayed 10.00 restart on Friday in León for three days of gravel action in the Sierra de Lobos and Sierra de Guanajuato mountains

jbmarcus21
17th February 2017, 19:52
2017 Rally Mexico Google Earth Map is online ➡ http://bit.ly/2h3a6wG

rayh_mx
17th February 2017, 20:03
For those who didn't read the full article: http://www.rallymexico.com/news/comment/james-bond-venue-hosts-wrc the interesting part is at the end:

Just a little bit change. Acording to the last rally intinerary, Street Stage CDMX starts at 18:05 (GMT-6)

rayh_mx
20th February 2017, 22:04
Mexico Entry List (http://www.rallymexico.com/files/rep/EntryListMx17.pdf)

steve.mandzij
20th February 2017, 22:07
Mexico Entry List (http://www.rallymexico.com/files/rep/EntryListMx17.pdf)
How come Prokop isn't on the list replacing Ostberg?

rayh_mx
20th February 2017, 22:11
Otberg isn't in the list, either

steve.mandzij
20th February 2017, 22:13
Otberg isn't in the list, either
I know, but it was says Prokop would replace Ostberg in Mexico.

Franky
20th February 2017, 22:16
I know, but it was says Prokop would replace Ostberg in Mexico.

You've got old news

Fast Eddie WRC
20th February 2017, 22:22
No run for Breen in the DS3 here ... shame given his results so far this year for Citroen.

Andre Oliveira
20th February 2017, 22:31
Citroën what a loosers. No 3rd car, no Breen in Mexico, crap results,...

rayh_mx
20th February 2017, 22:57
Street Stage CDMX (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBeYcdBrBgQ))

I work two blocks from where this stage will be ... but I think I will not be able to be there to travel to Leon :(

Simmi
20th February 2017, 23:13
Ahh that's sh*t form from Citroen. You'd think they had no money...

Breen has never even done Mexico before. How is he supposed to learn? They've clearly thrown the towel in this year on winning the manufacturers - but do they not have any long-term ambition? Give the guy a chance. Not letting him go and pick up points in the DS3 is ridiculous.

WUff1
21st February 2017, 07:03
Lefebvre will always be mummy´s boy, because he is French.

pantealex
21st February 2017, 09:36
Breen´s deal was full season, gone...

AL14
21st February 2017, 09:52
What I don't get is that they got a sabbatic year last year to save resources for the future. I thought it was an intelligent move but if they keep being miser then it doesn't make sense.
As Simmi said it would have been much useful for Breen to participate in a new rally and gather some points maybe.
They should not be that surprised when results won't come if they act like this.

Grant_RSA
21st February 2017, 10:56
They probably dont want Breen to outshine Lefebvre again.

rp
21st February 2017, 11:19
Must be that Breen is driving Rally Argentina. If Lefebvre is also there it will be unfair!

I think that three C3 WRC in Tour de Corse, but only two in Argentina...

Fast Eddie WRC
21st February 2017, 11:39
Just the fact Citroen dont even have three C3's for 2017 is ridiculous.

Having used 2016 to prepare and still they dont have a full compliment of new cars... even poor little M-Sport have got 4 cars running already !!

EstWRC
21st February 2017, 11:55
m-sport are showing real class arent they? the last team to introduce and get the hands on the new car...now they have more cars than others and are also leading the championship!

dimviii
21st February 2017, 12:09
m-sport are showing real class arent they?

always they were real class.

pantealex
21st February 2017, 12:18
Must be that Breen is driving Rally Argentina. If Lefebvre is also there it will be unfair!

I think that three C3 WRC in Tour de Corse, but only two in Argentina...

I think teams will use same cars in Argentina and Mexico, so 2 C3 for Citroen.

rallyfiend
21st February 2017, 12:47
Just the fact Citroen dont even have three C3's for 2017 is ridiculous.

Having used 2016 to prepare and still they dont have a full compliment of new cars... even poor little M-Sport have got 4 cars running already !!

Actually, they have 5.

They have a dedicated test car.

rallyfiend
21st February 2017, 12:48
I think teams will use same cars in Argentina and Mexico, so 2 C3 for Citroen.

The cars always fly back and forth, so there's no reason not to add a new car to the freight to Argentina...

MAybe they're waiting on the third car to see if there's some problems with the current 2...

Vahula
21st February 2017, 13:03
http://www.ewrc-results.com/cars.php?csct=1&t=WRC
Car stats

If they said that they will have 3 cars in Portugal then it will be Portugal

er88
21st February 2017, 14:45
What a joke a one of the best teams in the history of the WRC is looking like right now.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rallyper
21st February 2017, 15:53
What a joke a one of the best teams in the history of the WRC is looking like right now.

Respect them for their efforts as for now for sure are massive. Wait and see.

Fast Eddie WRC
21st February 2017, 16:04
always they were real class.

Hope you are being ironic after all the stick you have given them over the years !

dimviii
21st February 2017, 18:06
Hope you are being ironic after all the stick you have given them over the years !

its not ironic at all.
given stick for other reasons,not because they don't know how to build a good car.
I was from these few people here that I said plenty of times that fiesta was a good car,when everybody was talking for ''less budget'' from manufacturers,that cause to cant build a top car.

Fast Eddie WRC
21st February 2017, 18:55
its not ironic at all.
given stick for other reasons,not because they don't know how to build a good car.
I was from these few people here that I said plenty of times that fiesta was a good car,when everybody was talking for ''less budget'' from manufacturers,that cause to cant build a top car.

The M-Sport 'class' EstWRC & I were talking about was their ability to produce several 2017 cars when they were the last to develop one. This is again showing their expertise as an overall operation run by Malcolm Wilson. It has nothing to do with whether their cars are good or not.

mknight
21st February 2017, 19:01

One really has to wonder how seriously ( in terms of money) are they taking it. Speed and handling issues are one thing, but then there are the other things.

Meeke crashed at the pre-monte test and destroyed the diffuser, as a result they did consequent (4?) testing days without it because they did not have an extra spare. In some article it said that they "saved" them for monte and now they don't even enter 3rd car in Mexico (even old one). Add the "interesting" choice of drivers after all 3 VW drivers.
Surely with this kind of effort they have 0 hope of fighting for manu. title and with this kind of speed/driver reliability drivers title is also close to impossible.

dimviii
21st February 2017, 19:54
It has nothing to do with whether their cars are good or not.

of course it has.

Fast Eddie WRC
21st February 2017, 21:15
of course it has.

Their cars are good but that wasnt what we were talking about. It was the fact they have produced them when factory-team Citroen hasnt...

dimviii
21st February 2017, 21:49
Their cars are good but that wasnt what we were talking about. It was the fact they have produced them when factory-team Citroen hasnt...

cant understand what do you want to say.
factory citroen has 17 world championships at last 14 years. That after 2 rallies they are not at their high level prooves what?

GravelBen
21st February 2017, 22:12
M-Sport probably have a lot more practice churning out extra customer cars than the factory teams when you think about it, especially when some of those customers have needed cars rebuilt pretty frequently.

er88
22nd February 2017, 00:00
It's a bit of a joke that Citroen back as a full manufacturer can't have 3 cars available for the start of 2017. Nevermind after taking a whole year out to build and develop these cars.

It is a joke that they've decided to put Lefebvre in the c3 based on nationality, when it was clear even before Monte that Breen was by far the better driver currently. It's an even bigger joke that they've not learned their lesson from Monte and still have Lefebvre in the c3 for Mexico.

However it's not a joke that Breen isn't getting to go to Mexico whatsover, even in an old Ds3. That guys, is a fucking disgrace. Especially considering that Breen has very little knowledge of Mexico and could get a very decent pts haul for the drivers championship, due to the nature of the event.

This is not the same Citroen that was once the model of how to run a wrc team. Matton needs to sort it out

Franky
22nd February 2017, 06:59
Guys, tell me when did Citroen publish their plan for the year, which included how many cars they'll enter at each event.

EightGear
22nd February 2017, 09:12
Guys, tell me when did Citroen publish their plan for the year, which included how many cars they'll enter at each event.
3 cars in Corsica and from Portugal onwards. And some events a 4th car for Al Qassimi but I don't think anyone cares about that.

Franky
22nd February 2017, 10:52
3 cars in Corsica and from Portugal onwards. And some events a 4th car for Al Qassimi but I don't think anyone cares about that.

It was more to point out that all these rants about Citroen are, well, politely said late.

Andre Oliveira
22nd February 2017, 11:47
Portugal 4 cars

Fast Eddie WRC
22nd February 2017, 16:05
cant understand what do you want to say.
factory citroen has 17 world championships at last 14 years. That after 2 rallies they are not at their high level prooves what?

You are the one confusing people by suddenly agreeing that M-Sport are 'class' after years of slagging off Malcolm Wilson & his drivers.

Or are you jumping on the M-Sport bandwagon now they have Ogier ?

And as for Citroen, you cant deny their poor start and even worse that they dont even have 3 cars available... when a private team already has 4.

Anyway, enough off-topic.. back to Rally Mexico.

dimviii
22nd February 2017, 16:35
You are the one confusing people by suddenly agreeing that M-Sport are 'class' after years of slagging off Malcolm Wilson & his drivers..

complaining about Malcolm choices not to spend money at drivers, its not ''slagging M sport'', or they are not ''class''
Suddenly when he choosed to pay a first class driver,we see that fiesta and M sport are up to the job. That's exactly what I said million times.
I know its hard for you to understand the difference.

Or are you jumping on the M-Sport bandwagon now they have Ogier ?..
I don't have to have to jump at bandwagons,thats what your little brain understand.
I was very clear what I have said plenty of times.

And as for Citroen, you cant deny their poor start and even worse that they dont even have 3 cars available... when a private team already has 4.

show me where I denied that they hadn't a bad start.

Rally Power
22nd February 2017, 17:22
Sweet mother of Jesus, these ‘Citroen sucks’ fever it’s totally nuts! I really can’t get why so many rally fans are always eager to condemn some of the sport best teams and drivers. Didn’t the mega critic’s learn anything from the pre season demoralizing campaign on Toyota? Let Citroen guys do their job, eventually they’ll fix the issues and fight for victories, hopefully already in Mexico.

Btw, people also tend to forget that unlike the manu teams, MSport has to make as many cars as they can, once their main funding comes from private sells. Yep, they’ve done a fantastic job making the double of new cars than the others, but don’t they have extra manpower for it? Besides, if we see it properly, MSport WRC team it’s a 2 cars team like Toyota or Citroen; Evans is only there because a private partner, DMack, is paying for it.

electroliquid
22nd February 2017, 19:17
Sweet mother of Jesus, these ‘Citroen sucks’ fever it’s totally nuts! I really can’t get why so many rally fans are always eager to condemn some of the sport best teams and drivers. Didn’t the mega critic’s learn anything from the pre season demoralizing campaign on Toyota? Let Citroen guys do their job, eventually they’ll fix the issues and fight for victories, hopefully already in Mexico.

Btw, people also tend to forget that unlike the manu teams, MSport has to make as many cars as they can, once their main funding comes from private sells. Yep, they’ve done a fantastic job making the double of new cars than the others, but don’t they have extra manpower for it? Besides, if we see it properly, MSport WRC team it’s a 2 cars team like Toyota or Citroen; Evans is only there because a private partner, DMack, is paying for it.

Nobody say that "Citroen sucks", but they not compete full season last year due to preparations to this season. But they are not prepared, at least not good as others. So basically they lied us. If team say - we skip season but next year we'll be back strong as possible, so we expect to be it, if team feel, that they can't manage it - they should shut up, compete full 2016 season and hope for the best this year.
Of course we will see how rest of the season goes for Citroen, I hope it will be all rigth.

mknight
22nd February 2017, 23:11
Nobody say that "Citroen sucks", but they not compete full season last year due to preparations to this season. But they are not prepared, at least not good as others.

Precisely. Remember that last time they did this in 2006/2007, the C4 was the fastest car at once.

It's now 32 stages into the new season. Citroen has won a single stage when Lefebre was the only one with different tires, so basically 0. Either
a) Citroen have done a bad job during all their preparations.
or
b) They weren't actually trying that much (in terms of money/people).

Starts to smell a lot like b) to me. Let's hope it won't be the same story as with Subaru in 08.

steve.mandzij
23rd February 2017, 05:44
Precisely. Remember that last time they did this in 2006/2007, the C4 was the fastest car at once.

It's now 32 stages into the new season. Citroen has won a single stage when Lefebre was the only one with different tires, so basically 0. Either
a) Citroen have done a bad job during all their preparations.
or
b) They weren't actually trying that much (in terms of money/people).

Starts to smell a lot like b) to me. Let's hope it won't be the same story as with Subaru in 08.
What happened to Subaru in 08? I'd'nt followed the WRC between 2004-2010 pretty much.

jparker
23rd February 2017, 09:23
What happened to Subaru in 08? I'd'nt followed the WRC between 2004-2010 pretty much.

Subaru stopped their WRC program, and cooperation with Prodrive ended.
It's funny because Citroen's domination was probably the main reason for thar.

PLuto
23rd February 2017, 11:18
Subaru stopped their WRC program, and cooperation with Prodrive ended.
It's funny because Citroen's domination was probably the main reason for thar.

The main reason was that japan people from Subaru were not satisfied with Prodrive...

jacko
23rd February 2017, 12:10
The main reason was that japan people from Subaru were not satisfied with Prodrive...
Nope, Subaru just leave the WRC like all the other manufacturers because they didn't gain that much anymore and there was really no big point to be there anymore. Also, maybe the main point, the financial crisis played a big role in here (Suzuki stopped also).
So winning or not, they had to go sometime and this was the moment. Subaru were involved in the WRC for more than 15 years, that's a really long time compare most of the other competitors.

rallyfiend
23rd February 2017, 12:18
Nope, Subaru just leave the WRC like all the other manufacturers because they didn't gain that much anymore and there was really no big point to be there anymore. Also, maybe the main point, the financial crisis played a big role in here (Suzuki stopped also).
So winning or not, they had to go sometime and this was the moment. Subaru were involved in the WRC for more than 15 years, that's a really long time compare most of the other competitors.

That's what they said - a value proposition - but for those involved, it was well-known that the Subaru / Prodrive relationship had broken down so badly, and the cost was out of proportion to what even other teams / manufacturers were paying.

jacko
23rd February 2017, 12:24
About Citroën, like all that bullshit-crap talk about Toyota/ Tommi Makinen (before the season), now the boys here have a new target to bash Citroën.
And for once i'm in. Not for the results so far, that's part of the game in rally but i think they had gone for three cars from MC in combination they had to pick-up a second-driver like the ones of a Ostberg, Lappi, Kubica or Evans and when Latvala and Mikkelsen (and Ogier) even became free, they had to pick-up for sure one of them.
With only Meeke now in the bag it's a big question what he can do in the top because from Levebre and Breen you can't expect normally a top three finish this season. So, that's a big missed chance and that's were it gone wrong i think for this season already.
And the decision to take Lefebvre instead of Breen (2x 5th place, best classified Citroën driver) for Mexico is really strange, really weird and that's simply wrong even Lefebvre did a okay job in Sweden.They had to choose Breen here and for Lefebvre there was again the old DS3 car (or R5 car).

And about my friend Adreas Mikkelsen: he has to be patient, he will be there again in a good car in 2018 (if not already sometimes this season in a privat-car or as a temporary replacement-driver), it will be in a Hyundai (for Sordo), Toyota (for Hanninen) or in a Citroën (as a second driver next to Meeke). @Ford i think they have with Ogier and Tanak two drivers (i guess they will continu with M-Sport in 2018) who can battle every round for the win.

bluuford
23rd February 2017, 12:34
Mexicoooooooooooooo!!!!!!

EstWRC
23rd February 2017, 12:36
Arribaaaaaaa

rayh_mx
23rd February 2017, 14:25
Mexicoooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Lindo y querido!!!

rayh_mx
23rd February 2017, 14:27
Arribaaaaaaa
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/6955/940134-flash_vs_speedy_zoomed.jpg

Rally Power
23rd February 2017, 15:52
Nobody say that "Citroen sucks"

Really? So words like joke, ridiculous or disgrace that were used in previous posts probably should be taken as compliments…
Yep, so far Citroen didn’t show the competitiveness most of us expected, but it’s too soon to say they’ve failed with the new car or that their season is ruined.
Take Neuville case last season: after 4 terrible events many here said he was finished, still he managed to get back and become ’16 vice champion.

rayh_mx
23rd February 2017, 16:10
Mexico Epic Moments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqqslPpowjM

mknight
23rd February 2017, 19:31

Subaru did not have a competitive car since end of 2005. The 2006 and 2007 cars were mediocre-ish. Then in June 2008 a brand new car debuted and after a somewhat lucky 2nd place in first rally it was only good for 4.-5. places, lacking behind both C4 and Focus.

Sure, financial crisis was very important part of the decision, but introducing a brand new car that lacked pace was imo at least as important. If the car won most of the rallies it entered I am quite sure they wouldn't have pulled out.

The lackluster effort by Citroen after a "year off" is worrisome.

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd February 2017, 21:48
I know its hard for you to understand the difference.

thats what your little brain understands.

I know what you have said and your attitude to M-Sport, I have read them often enough.

When you have to resort to personal insults like NOT I know you have lost the argument.

Sorry people, please resume Mexico talk.

dimviii
23rd February 2017, 22:42
I know what you have said and your attitude to M-Sport, I have read them often enough.

When you have to resort to personal insults like NOT I know you have lost the argument.

what your brain is imaging that I ve told, is totally different from what I have said.
Its not the first time that you cant understand simple things.

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd February 2017, 23:45
You want to insult my intelligence then I will your ridiculous arguing no matter how much it takes to try to twist the facts your way...

"With all this leisure time, the Greeks had time to argue with each other. Wherever they went, they caused chaos by arguing with fellow villagers. It was said it only needed one Greek to start an argument. "

I rest my case. Your further insults will only prove my point.

danon
24th February 2017, 00:38
http://oi47.tinypic.com/flldp3.jpg

steve.mandzij
24th February 2017, 00:43
So... Who thinks Latvala might struggle on day one? As a massive fanboy I really hope he'll maintain a steady pace through his road sweeping day and then bounce back.

danon
24th February 2017, 01:22
My sixth sense tells me that this year Ogier is going to have a hard time making it five in a row...
Latvala is the real menace.
Ogier knows why!

Gregor-y
24th February 2017, 01:40
Prodrive hit some kind of wall incompetence in 2006 and the Impreza could never compete. I'm surprised Subaru took so long to stop the program and allowed them to build a new car for 2008. As for why I suspect it was Prodrive's branching out - particularly a plan for an F1 team - that took away resources from the WRC program.

It sounds like Suzuki's WRC program was dead before the season started and it was like a zombie out there, literally and figuratively.

janvanvurpa
24th February 2017, 04:00
Prodrive hit some kind of wall incompetence in 2006 and the Impreza could never compete. I'm surprised Subaru took so long to stop the program and allowed them to build a new car for 2008. As for why I suspect it was Prodrive's branching out - particularly a plan for an F1 team - that took away resources from the WRC program.

It sounds like Suzuki's WRC program was dead before the season started and it was like a zombie out there, literally and figuratively.

I think considering what they had to work with, they worked miracles..
Look
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4062/4617863134_955c063fe1.jpg

You know what sits in front of that bellhousing?

ALL of this:
http://m.blog.hu/to/tommy-autosport/image/subaru-impreza-wrc2007_6.jpg

When was the last time a car hanging the entire engine waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out 100% in front of the front wheel centerline did anything in WRC?

15-16 years prior.

And everybody else was leaning theirs back so the weight was directly over the spindles, much closer in, reducing polar moment by a metric shit-ton..

The other thing was the engine itself.. You know what the bore was?
And what EVERYBODY else had for bore?
Does the words "flame front propagation" make you raise one eyebrow??

I think there is the problem and there was no way around those 2 huge problems...

A little late but you know what their new FJ or whatever they call the new thing has for bore?

Gregor-y
24th February 2017, 04:45
That doesn't explain what happened to the program in 06, though. Plus it's not a terribly large motor to hang ahead of the front axle.

GravelBen
24th February 2017, 05:15
I always got the impression they found it increasingly hard to be competitive as WRC moved further away from production base - like the aspects fo the car that were positives for production based rallying became limitations under the WRC rules, while other platforms (Citroen etc) were able to make better use of the freedom in WRC rules.

It seemed like Subaru as a company were less interested in non-production based rallying too, but maybe that was a result of not being so competitive there while still being a dominant force in Group-N.

janvanvurpa
24th February 2017, 06:27
That doesn't explain what happened to the program in 06, though. Plus it's not a terribly large motor to hang ahead of the front axle.

I'm suggesting that everybody else just had everything else nailed. You know in WRC we see speed differences often less than 0,5% between winner and 2-3-4th...If everybody else has their weight and F?R balance more of less the same---you look for anomalies.. That engine--and they aren't that light---relative to what the others are using---for example Ford's 2,0 Duratec is lighter-- and its bore size---you din't even respond to those questions (sniff)----are 2 things which are WAY different...and I don't think it takes a lot of imagination to sorta zero in on what is drastically different and at least wonder what role those anomalies have in the demise.

Additionally I believe Prodrive internally was getting awfully big head and I've read interviews where their chief engineer was saying in essence "The cars are far to complex now for mere bumpkin drivers are able to understand anything..I know what is needed so they must just shut up and drive because they don't understand"

What do you think happened?

Rallyper
24th February 2017, 10:19
I'm suggesting that everybody else just had everything else nailed. You know in WRC we see speed differences often less than 0,5% between winner and 2-3-4th...If everybody else has their weight and F?R balance more of less the same---you look for anomalies.. That engine--and they aren't that light---relative to what the others are using---for example Ford's 2,0 Duratec is lighter-- and its bore size---you din't even respond to those questions (sniff)----are 2 things which are WAY different...and I don't think it takes a lot of imagination to sorta zero in on what is drastically different and at least wonder what role those anomalies have in the demise.

Additionally i belive Prodrive internally was getting awfully big heada nd I've read interviews where their cheif engineer was saying in essence "The cars are far to complex now for mere bumpkin drivers are able to understand anything..I know what is needed so they must just shut up and drive because they don't understand"

That´s what could happen to big companys as well. Making themselves best in class, just stops developing and the longterm backwards movement starts ending up in disaster for whatever company or brand.
Understand what I mean?

Mirek
24th February 2017, 11:48

Every engine hanging complete ahead of front axle is a fundamentally bad idea. Success in motorsport is about being better than others in details because every professional is able to solve major things. When You start with non-solvable handicap You can hardly expect success.

To Jan's point. Boxer engine always has to have short stroke and large bore because it would be simply too big. Also there are two heads, two sets of cams, long intake and exhaust pipes (with one turbo I guess it's a lot more problematic than with two). The boxer conception itself isn't weight effective at all.

dimviii
24th February 2017, 14:06
You want to insult my intelligence.

no intelligence,its just plain stupidity.

Gregor-y
24th February 2017, 15:15

As for why I suspect it was Prodrive's branching out - particularly a plan for an F1 team - that took away resources from the WRC program..
The 06 Focus was new, and the Xsara was still a proven winner so yes, designs improve. But the Impreza specifically got worse, and that was relative to its own earlier performance. Rather than blame a consistent factor like the motor why not consider what changed? And now we've both mentioned Prodrive's operations as being a cause.

Sorry this thread seems to be getting walled off from Mexico by a couple of Americans...

rayh_mx
24th February 2017, 16:26
Sorry this thread seems to be getting walled off from Mexico by a couple of Americans...

Jajaja...

OldF
24th February 2017, 19:35
I had a memory that the problems for Subaru started when the cars width was increased from 1770 mm to 1800 mm but that was already from the beginning of 2005 (http://juwra.com/rules_2005.html). But the Subaru 2006 season is documented so just watch and judge yourselves what was the reason.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Engineering+The+World+Rally+-+Part+

Lundefaret
26th February 2017, 13:08
I always got the impression they found it increasingly hard to be competitive as WRC moved further away from production base - like the aspects fo the car that were positives for production based rallying became limitations under the WRC rules, while other platforms (Citroen etc) were able to make better use of the freedom in WRC rules.

It seemed like Subaru as a company were less interested in non-production based rallying too, but maybe that was a result of not being so competitive there while still being a dominant force in Group-N.

Regarding the Prodrive Subaru lack of performance, it has been discussed here before, but its multilayered:

At the introduction of the WRC rules, Prodrive was definitely the company that pushed the boundaries. And from the start they had to work around the fact that the engine hung in front of the front axle.
But Prodrive Engineers - lead by David Lapworth - was a clever bunch, and they where in front of the other rally teams in most areas.
As an example, in 2003 Prodrive launched an active suspension, this was an answer to Peugeots active roll bar.
But as the WRC class progressed, there was introduced a larger number of limitations in the regulations, and Prodrive struggled to out-engineer the deficits in regards to car size, engine placing, bore etc. And the others got better.
On top of that there was a tire war.
Michelin introduced their "super tire", I think in 2005? And Pirelli was left for dead.
But Prodrive also made som tactical mistakes. David Richards dreamt of F1, and hired a lot of circuit engineers. In 2005 Prodrive introduced a car that had the rear wing fall of because the mounts wasnt "fit for rally." They had to slow down in water splashes because the car wasnt "fit for rally", and they had to run som extreme rake to get the car to steer, prob because of failing geometry. The BOS suspension was also a prob, but here I have heard unconfirmed rumours that the failing development was because they wern´t paid sufficiently by Prodrive.
On top of that the active front and rear diff was banned. And then came the S14....
The S14 has some major design flaws, both in geometry, but also around braking. Some one with better engineering capabilities than me can explain this better, but I think the Pedal box also was a structural integral part. Anyway, there was no feeling with the brakes (I remember talking to Petter after he first tested the S14, and he was would I would describe as in a state of panic, this was mainly because there was big problems in braking with no feeling.)
Had Prodrive/Subaru been competitive Subaru would never have pulled out, but their failing performance and their struggling star that was once "Mr. Hollywood", but became more and more negative, lead to them using the financial crisis of 2008 as an excuse.

Prodrive then countered with what I would say was an effort to cleance them selves of all charges (and maybe sell of the rest of the cars) by entering Marcus Grönholm in the 2009 Rally Portugal - on Öhlins suspension. He set some competitive times, but could not match his earlier stage winning speed, (second and third, second, 4th, 5th, 10th) and crashed out on SS8.

Prodrive/Subaru was a great chapter in the history of the WRC, but unfortunately it would all come to a bitter end.

GravelBen
26th February 2017, 19:37
With regards to engine location though - the production versions of the Xsara and Focus etc also had the engine hung out in front of the front axle, but the rules obviously permitted the engine to be moved in a way that was possible with their transverse engine but not the Subarus longitudinal engine?

Mirek
26th February 2017, 20:15
I think that in WRC it was only angled backwards. Anyway with the transverse I4 engines it's a lot better because the engines are way shorter in X vehicle axis (in X dimension it's two cylinders with very large bore for boxer instead of just one with small bore for I4) and are placed partially upon the front axle while the boxer is long and sits all in front of the axle. The center of gravity of the transversal I4 is a lot closer to the front axle than of the boxer. With regards to the overall inertia of the vehicle it's good to remind that it grows with the square of distance from the rotation point therefore the distance is more important than the weight itself.

mknight
26th February 2017, 21:30
The reason I mentioned Subaru in the first place was the clear parallel to where Citroen seems to be atm (yes, based on only 2 rounds). Got quite a déjà vu feeling over the whole thing.

- top team slowly getting worse (Subaru with titles in 2001 and 2003, Citroen with titles up to 2012). First being slower than one car then the other (Subaru slower than Citroen, then slower than Ford; Citroen slower than VW then slower than Hyundai?)

- main driver inconsistent possible due to overdriving the car (Solberg / Meek)

- introduce a new car for catching up and that car does not deliver (S14 /C3 (so far))

=> Leave WRC when first "excuse" is available?

EstWRC
26th February 2017, 21:43
so, rally mexico? yeah.....

Gregor-y
26th February 2017, 23:05
It's coming, don't worry.

GravelBen
26th February 2017, 23:07
so, rally mexico? yeah.....

This is what happens the thread is started so long before the rally and there is nothing else to talk about!

:vader:

GravelBen
26th February 2017, 23:20
I think that in WRC it was only angled backwards.

I thought it was something like that - angled backwards from a fixed point at the bottom (or from the crank maybe)? A rule that obviously gave the transverse platform a big advantage over the longitudinal boxer layout, letting them not only move the engine mass much further back but also much lower (where the boxer probably had an advantage in production format).

I guess we'll never know how competitive they could have been if all cars had to keep the production engine position.

Grundo Farb
27th February 2017, 04:42
Additionally i belive Prodrive internally was getting awfully big heada nd I've read interviews where their cheif engineer was saying in essence "The cars are far to complex now for mere bumpkin drivers are able to understand anything..I know what is needed so they must just shut up and drive because they don't understand"

I think this video explains why they were saying the cars were so complicated. Also explains where their attention was at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=469mi4UOVK0

Rallyper
27th February 2017, 14:08
So back to topic then. So guys, who do you think wins RMx? To me Neuville is hot candidate.

AL14
27th February 2017, 14:20
So back to topic then. So guys, who do you think wins RMx? To me Neuville is hot candidate.

It's very difficult.
Neuville and Meeke will have huge advantage the first day but this is one of Ogier's favourite and he is not opening the road this time. Anyway it's going to be tough even in second position with those two guys behind.
Also Paddon is in a good position if I'm not mistaken.
I think there is no hope for Latvala, I'm quite sure he will go off as happens everytime he is very happy and "confident" before starting. (I hope not of course).
I'm very curious to see what Tanak will do. If he manages to have another mature drive and grab a podium again it would be a strong confirmation about his late improvements.

stefanvv
27th February 2017, 14:52
It's very difficult.
Neuville and Meeke will have huge advantage the first day but this is one of Ogier's favourite and he is not opening the road this time. Anyway it's going to be tough even in second position with those two guys behind.
Also Paddon is in a good position if I'm not mistaken.
I think there is no hope for Latvala, I'm quite sure he will go off as happens everytime he is very happy and "confident" before starting. (I hope not of course).
I'm very curious to see what Tanak will do. If he manages to have another mature drive and grab a podium again it would be a strong confirmation about his late improvements.

You summed it up very well. However there is also technical side and it's curious who's engine "breathes" more proper.
Neuville has to tidy his driving though, there is lot of concrete in Mexico.

Gregor-y
27th February 2017, 15:36
I think the Toyota will turn out to be very fast but none of the drivers will be consistent enough to win. I'm most worried that with the speed and grip losing a bit of areo makes cars so unstable they're effectively out of contention and retire for the day to get fixed.

jparker
27th February 2017, 15:46
I'm very curious what Nandan will tell Neuville, "Just go and drive", or "I wan't you to finish this rally".
If the second case, I don't expect Neuville to win.

AL14
27th February 2017, 16:04
You summed it up very well. However there is also technical side and it's curious who's engine "breathes" more proper.
Neuville has to tidy his driving though, there is lot of concrete in Mexico.

Yes right, I'm curious too, maybe we will finally see the C3 shine :)

EstWRC
27th February 2017, 16:28
like i said on the first pages, this rally is Neuville's to lose (like the two first rallies:D) or Meeke's if they get their issues sorted ..the fight for second and third will be great between, Latvala, Ogier, Tänak, Meeke, Paddon...this is my gut feeling.

but i hope Tänak's trend continues to climb up the in the results and this time it is time for number one :p

stefanvv
27th February 2017, 17:40
Yes right, I'm curious too, maybe we will finally see the C3 shine :)

May be, we know they have good engine development process. What we don't is whether they have simulated Mexico conditions.

BigWorm
27th February 2017, 18:31
Should be a even more spicy Mexico this season, the rallies in the past have been all Ogier's (except Latvala last year). Neuville has done alright there in the past, 2x podiums and crashing out of 2nd in 2015 (surprise surprise). Meeke also needs the win and with his road position he really needs to set the pace. Paddon could produce some surprises.

jbmarcus21
5th March 2017, 16:21
Preview Wrc Rally Mexico 2017 ➡ http://bit.ly/2mbnGE5

satukata
5th March 2017, 19:26
So... Who thinks Latvala might struggle on day one? As a massive fanboy I really hope he'll maintain a steady pace through his road sweeping day and then bounce back.

i hope same !

danon
5th March 2017, 19:31
https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16939471_10154633985418952_9158308320134877221_n.j pg?oh=995d6b11fa89f08ce2b417d3cb556830&oe=593773EF
https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17098376_10154633985438952_5260071115975181515_n.j pg?oh=00a7001eec09bd4aa8b9453efb920c97&oe=5928574D
https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17098467_10154633985458952_4043632039279010359_n.j pg?oh=f6894d216c03e90ab100e5c56c026497&oe=593456AB
https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16939490_10154633985533952_7796825690343481237_n.j pg?oh=2646ece4401742c0491d8c22c1920285&oe=593B0181

mozesii
6th March 2017, 14:43
Village team my foot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPQjWxxzF74
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFL0KPCR7bM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm7m0JZegLg

dimviii
6th March 2017, 19:35
c3 transport wheels

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6MzfDfUsAAQmc8.jpg

EstWRC
7th March 2017, 08:12
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6RDQJXUsAEMyD0.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6Q_U6tVUAAs6Y0.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6Q_XCOUsAEX0NQ.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6QdjXNVUAEnzjU.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6P0ERSVAAEqYDI.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6RPUWMXQAAfWLT.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6TT0LQWYAA2vDh.jpg

A FONDO
7th March 2017, 11:08
Can someone check who is registered as owner of Ogier's recce car?

AL14
7th March 2017, 11:22
Can someone check who is registered as owner of Ogier's recce car?

Why the hell do you want to know?

Lundefaret
7th March 2017, 11:30
Why the hell do you want to know?

Why not?

Could be interesting to know if its Ford Motor Company?

WUff1
7th March 2017, 11:52
KA is Karlsruhe, Germany.

Andre Oliveira
7th March 2017, 12:06
He used TUI 8725 plate at MC. GB plate.
And KA R 3472 at Sweden. D plate.

AL14
7th March 2017, 12:12
Why not?

Could be interesting to know if its Ford Motor Company?

Right!
Also, I didn't want to use a bad tone of voice. Was just pure curiosity :)

Andre Oliveira
7th March 2017, 12:16
Plate border says Autohaus Wolf Weingarten

dimviii
7th March 2017, 13:44
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6StqghWAAArSm0.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6StqgaWQAAC-4_.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6R3nD5UsAE0018.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6R3kg-U4AEjz9X.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6TZWDvVUAACSwm.jpg

Karukera
7th March 2017, 14:16
Stunning piece of carbon, design and attention to details.

Looks like the mirror also offers some mini wing like aero effect (?)

rayh_mx
7th March 2017, 14:23
Irapuato Monday Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX3SV0IC9XQ
Test for non-priority teams, prior to the Mexico 2017 Rally, held in Irapuato, Guanajuato.

rayh_mx
7th March 2017, 14:30
Another
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaLh0CyWx7c

EstWRC
7th March 2017, 17:15
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6VIr4DVAAA1wfX.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6VIsiOUoAAQOae.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6VIHsgUsAAKvXD.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6VIJjjU8AA_7Ol.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6VNpnMUYAAlaaP.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6VJiVlU0AIQ2iy.jpg

danon
7th March 2017, 20:29
Finally the season is about to start...

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oKIP5XyCy8CPTE9mU/giphy.gif

rayh_mx
7th March 2017, 20:40
https://cdn.oem.com.mx/eloccidental/3906634.jpg

https://i1.wp.com/deportedigital.mx/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/testirapuato.jpg

PLuto
7th March 2017, 21:32
Citroen has made an important upgrade for Mexico. Now they must win for sure...

https://scontent.fprg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17159094_10154640275618952_8258586811616733368_o.j pg?oh=55aad7148825cdb46f27481ab3dcd13c&oe=593265D5

EstWRC
7th March 2017, 21:34
dunno who but someone from m-sport camp had a crash on recce

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6V6yvfWQAAABsg.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6VpEpVXMAA5PKz.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6VpHdgWYAEgYBj.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6VpIr4XEAYHN0Q.jpg

danon
7th March 2017, 22:13
^
Ott Tanak

Andre Oliveira
7th March 2017, 22:16
Mechanical problems to champ

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17191097_1651727108190043_6126097140291713984_n.jp g?oh=0a722e611596e0bbb61f4fdc31c9160e&oe=59286701

Pic by Memo Fonseca

danon
7th March 2017, 22:19
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/06/f6/87/06f6879b79cb25ddafc9a167d2edc105.jpg

EstWRC
7th March 2017, 22:40
So it was Tänak who binned it and ogier having also problems with his machine.

How are the rules? You can take a new machine or if you crashed it's your own fault and you can't continue?

rallyfiend
7th March 2017, 22:50
So it was Tänak who binned it and ogier having also problems with his machine.

How are the rules? You can take a new machine or if you crashed it's your own fault and you can't continue?

all the big teams have a spare recce car.

Or at the very least in the case of Citroen (Breen's), Toyota (Lappi) etc etc.

SubaruNorway
7th March 2017, 22:57
As long as you have the right stickers you can ride a moped if you wish to, almost

dimviii
7th March 2017, 23:32
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6WH2QqVUAAPsL9.jpg

bluuford
7th March 2017, 23:34
Seems that he wants new recce car as well :P

Mirek
7th March 2017, 23:59
As long as you have the right stickers you can ride a moped if you wish to, almost

Some years a go one Czech gentleman driver did recce of Rally Deutschland with a motorhome after his recce car broke down :D

Zeakiwi
8th March 2017, 04:33
Has Tanak's version of the recce incident been confirmed with the Fia's recce tracking log?

Rally Hokkaido
8th March 2017, 05:08
Has Tanak's version of the recce incident been confirmed with the Fia's recce tracking log?

Yes, it was definitely the tree's fault ;-)

er88
8th March 2017, 05:19
Big pressure on Neuville, Paddon and Meeke to score big pts considering their poor starts to the season, and the favourable road positions they'll have on day 1.

dupanton
8th March 2017, 06:52

What is his version?

eib1
8th March 2017, 07:00
http://rallifoorum.ee/foorum/download/file.php?id=475

swanny
8th March 2017, 07:42
Geez, that is a decent hit. Damage in two corners - incident with another car?

Arwel Davies
8th March 2017, 07:46
He's definitely killed the Volvo just so he can have an RS Focus like Seb

Sulland
8th March 2017, 08:05
Todays bet: How many WRC 17 cars will reach the finish line this year.

"Rough conditions"

EstWRC
8th March 2017, 08:31
Geez, that is a decent hit. Damage in two corners - incident with another car?

yes, local farmer was middle of the road with his truck and Tänak had nowhere to go. But all okay with him and Martin, they took new car and continued.

NickRally
8th March 2017, 09:26
Citroen has made an important upgrade for Mexico. Now they must win for sure...

https://scontent.fprg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17159094_10154640275618952_8258586811616733368_o.j pg?oh=55aad7148825cdb46f27481ab3dcd13c&oe=593265D5

I love the (I assume) travel tyres.

drive
8th March 2017, 10:13
I love the (I assume) travel tyres. you're right and agree also :) its for aircargo, keep everything small as possible..

Gregor-y
8th March 2017, 13:19
That poor Volvo. It survived so many rallies...

danon
8th March 2017, 14:57
https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16938688_10154642071608952_92138599806106658_n.jpg ?oh=bde1dcbf2a4bfb01a3e346df4864be5c&oe=59390827

EstWRC
8th March 2017, 14:58
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6ZuQBdUoAAxZI-.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6ZuQBaU4AIjzAg.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6Y_kHUWQAImyHr.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6YCYpCUYAAnR16.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6YCZ-mVUAAlWWi.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6YCbQzVUAAZOZ_.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6X-5AfVAAA9IGE.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6WQ2gxUoAAS3k8.jpg

EstWRC
8th March 2017, 14:59
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6WPCTzU4AA1_jo.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6WOk0eU8AAJKr0.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6WOmJiU4AAEjzk.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6WNejlVMAAgebn.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6WNfoCU4AAy7Su.jpg

EightGear
8th March 2017, 15:58
...or what a difference the rear wings make!

dimviii
8th March 2017, 19:09
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6azCiuU8AAFELg.jpg

Munkvy
8th March 2017, 19:11
Gotta feel sorry for Bertelli's mechanic's, all that time preparing the car and now that wait to find out at which point of the rally they will have to start again.

jparker
8th March 2017, 19:52
Shakedown starts in 2h.

EstWRC
8th March 2017, 20:40
i'd rather call it "tyre saving session"

satukata
8th March 2017, 20:48
i'd rather call it "tyre saving session"

They have to change this rule. Extra tyres to shakedown!

J_n_z
8th March 2017, 21:08
They have to change this rule. Extra tyres to shakedown!

Just copy the F1 free practice rule. Some tyres must be returned after free practice, used or not.

dimviii
8th March 2017, 21:45
http://ewrc-results.com/shake.php?e=36014

Andre Oliveira
8th March 2017, 22:02
Ott "issue" doesn't affect his performance :)

EstWRC
8th March 2017, 22:05
he has never been affected by his crashes, he goes even faster next time, lol-...anyway this is just a shakedown

EstWRC
8th March 2017, 22:15
Evans goes second fastest, little bit surprising...i expect a hard weekend for dmack, they brought new tyres for WRC2 but just upgraded their main tyre and i think it isnt enough for this new car....Tänak was suffering a lot here last year.

stefanvv
8th March 2017, 22:17
Evans goes second fastest, little bit surprising...i expect a hard weekend for dmack, they brought new tyres for WRC2 but just upgraded their main tyre and i think it isnt enough for this new car....Tänak was suffering a lot here last year.

But that was because of overheating on longer stages I think

EstWRC
8th March 2017, 22:19
yeah and the first stage is 54km long el chocolate on friday....

dimviii
8th March 2017, 22:20

first pass,probably there is a clean effect,lets wait for the next passes where everybody will have a clean road.

dimviii
8th March 2017, 22:21
RallyingUK *

More
RALLY MÉXICO: The rain starts to fall on Shakedown for @RallyMexico 2017! @OfficialWRC #WRC @glopez64996500

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6bffsbWQAAajkK.jpg

satukata
8th March 2017, 22:21
toyota pretty slow.. JM first on the road..

EstWRC
8th March 2017, 22:22
Meeke with third quickest time, if Lefebvre doesnt surprise then the first round goes to Tänak...second round please!

EstWRC
8th March 2017, 22:24
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6bgUlJUwAE1JEM.jpg

dimviii
8th March 2017, 22:26
Evans

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6bg-7oWcAMYc_h.jpg

EstWRC
8th March 2017, 22:29
Ogier went mad and goes fastest by 3.4 seconds

dimviii
8th March 2017, 22:29
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6bhcLmWAAALg6w.jpg

EstWRC
8th March 2017, 22:41
Neuville and Tänak exactly sharing second fastest time, 3.50.3

EstWRC
8th March 2017, 22:49
aaannndddd Evans goes fastest

dimviii
8th March 2017, 22:49
Evans again faster.Lets see tomorrow if his tyres can cope at the 55km stage also.

dimviii
8th March 2017, 22:57
we have to mention that Yaris at Mexico have sorted the rear suspension homologation ''problem'' they had.Now with 1,5cm less distance from rear upper suspension point to bottom.

mknight
8th March 2017, 22:59
Looks like the 3 cars are very close in terms of speed, good. C3 still a bit behind.

EstWRC
8th March 2017, 23:03
Sordo fastest now, it seems the cleaning effect starts to come in now

dimviii
8th March 2017, 23:28
https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17192331_1589537024407960_5347639055868802442_o.jp g?oh=a61e8b350c70d6f86f9761a9b7ce7762&oe=592D3F0E

dimviii
8th March 2017, 23:33
after 2 runs

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6bvp-9UoAAyl6F.jpg

abxyz
8th March 2017, 23:40
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6bgUlJUwAE1JEM.jpg

Hi, can you tell me where to find this timing site

Thanks

EstWRC
9th March 2017, 00:23
Tänak fastest on first run, Evans on second and Ogier on third...Fords going well, what a nightmare for jparker.

N.O.T
9th March 2017, 00:29
Has the rally started or your autism levels reached the stage where you count shakedown as a "win" ????

EstWRC
9th March 2017, 00:30
haha i missed you...no one didnt win and Neuville smashes everyone on his final run

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6b8K43WcAACCIH.jpg

Rally Hokkaido
9th March 2017, 01:14
Some here say we have to close our eyes at shakedown. My opinion is that knowing five drivers in three car makes recorded their best time within a second of one another over a 5km stage is significant and builds up the excitement level of the event.

WUff1
9th March 2017, 05:09
haha i missed you...no one didnt win and Neuville smashes everyone on his final run

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6b8K43WcAACCIH.jpg

Citroen not impressing.

Kalevipoeg
9th March 2017, 05:51
Citroen not impressing.

I'm more than sure that they can go faster.

dimviii
9th March 2017, 06:04
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6c8izpU8AE3hjG.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6cWSR9UwAAfR7a.jpg

EstWRC
9th March 2017, 07:38
Citroen guys did fourth run too, i guess they still arent prepared:p

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6cC7eJUoAAyfUy.jpg

EstWRC
9th March 2017, 07:53
shakedown https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ludOlXRH4Ic&list=PLVyRAt2cxbxtmwXRhdD__v3V7QyHGBCek&index=2

AL14
9th March 2017, 09:01
Has the rally started or your autism levels reached the stage where you count shakedown as a "win" ????

Hello dear leader we have missed you.

Please stay here to comment and don't go launching missiles to japan sea because you are mad at Toyota :D

A FONDO
9th March 2017, 11:24
TN onboard https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNwC5JEN0C0

Fast Eddie WRC
9th March 2017, 12:30
@Dmack: Great to see Elfyn Evans showing some proper speed on shakedown yesterday, hopefully it's a good sign for our 2017 gravel tyres.. https://t.co/XmOHcz49C1

EstWRC
9th March 2017, 12:36
shakedown https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8X_65V5HNU

dimviii
9th March 2017, 12:42
shake photos
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bestofrallylive/sets/72157679264319651

dimviii
9th March 2017, 12:52
https://youtu.be/PzLfXnx03hg

AL14
9th March 2017, 12:53
Bertelli mistake...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkTgScWS-Xw

dimviii
9th March 2017, 13:03
Like Thierry Neuville, Sébastien Ogier was present at the "Meet the Crews" on Wednesday evening after his performance of the shakedown (2nd time).

For the quadruple champion of the French world, the rally of Mexico will remain forever in his memories, this event having marked the beginning of his career in WRC in 2008.
"As always, I'm looking forward to riding here. It's one of my favorite moments of the season. In 2008, it was my first appearance in the World Rally Championship and I have some great memories. It's nice to be back on the ground, I think it's my favorite surface. I love to fly on this field and I hope to get a good result again. "
Questioned on the possibility of winning this weekend, the M-Sport driver clearly designated Thierry Neuville and Kris Meeke as the main favorites this rally. For him, the important thing will be to do better than his closest opponents to the championship.
"Yes I think it's possible, but I also think Thierry has a better car now, and also Kris. My goal is always to focus on the guys who are close to me at the championship. That means I'll try to beat Jari-Matti and Ott. These are the two types that I will focus on.
It is a long ordeal, there will be difficult situations to face. First, if you want to win, you must survive all this. We never know. We'll see on Sunday. "

Julien R.

http://www.rallye-sport.fr/ogier-thierry-a-meilleure-voiture/

dimviii
9th March 2017, 14:54
http://www.ewrc.cz/images/2017/photos/rally_guanajuato_mexico_2017/dwi_2017r03mexico-service0047a.jpg

http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/fotogalery.php?events=36014&fotograf=335

really cant understand whatthey like at these photos at a splash with 4cm of water.

Mintexmemory
9th March 2017, 15:17
Like Thierry Neuville, Sébastien Ogier was present at the "Meet the Crews" on Wednesday evening after his performance of the shakedown (2nd time).

For the quadruple champion of the French world, the rally of Mexico will remain forever in his memories, this event having marked the beginning of his career in WRC in 2008.
"As always, I'm looking forward to riding here. It's one of my favorite moments of the season. In 2008, it was my first appearance in the World Rally Championship and I have some great memories. It's nice to be back on the ground, I think it's my favorite surface. I love to fly on this field and I hope to get a good result again. "
Questioned on the possibility of winning this weekend, the M-Sport driver clearly designated Thierry Neuville and Kris Meeke as the main favorites this rally. For him, the important thing will be to do better than his closest opponents to the championship.
"Yes I think it's possible, but I also think Thierry has a better car now, and also Kris. My goal is always to focus on the guys who are close to me at the championship. That means I'll try to beat Jari-Matti and Ott. These are the two types that I will focus on.
It is a long ordeal, there will be difficult situations to face. First, if you want to win, you must survive all this. We never know. We'll see on Sunday. "

Julien R.

http://www.rallye-sport.fr/ogier-thierry-a-meilleure-voiture/

Please, please, please do not just post a Googlish translation - I know enough about translating from French to English to get severe bleeding from my ears when I see the loss in translation of the sense of the statements.
Just a link in future would be great.

rayh_mx
9th March 2017, 15:58
Please, please, please do not just post a Googlish translation - I know enough about translating from French to English to get severe bleeding from my ears when I see the loss in translation of the sense of the statements.
Just a link in future would be great.

http://www.rallymexico.com/news/comment/meet-the-crews-shakedown2

There you go... :)

Mintexmemory
9th March 2017, 16:08
http://www.rallymexico.com/news/comment/meet-the-crews-shakedown2

There you go... :)
Muchos gracias amigo. So much better - a competent translator is so much better that an algorithm!

rayh_mx
9th March 2017, 16:16
Well i use tranlator for some words when i have doubts

Coach 2
9th March 2017, 19:00
E.Evans have got a 5 min penalty.
WRC SR 63.1.1 What is that?