PDA

View Full Version : ...and Capito is off too!

Zico
19th December 2016, 21:54
McLaren are set to part company with their new Formula 1 boss Jost Capito less than four months after the German joined the company....

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38371269

Wasn't expecting it but I guess being Ron's man it was inevitable..

Quite a merry-go-round this year!

N4D13
20th December 2016, 10:42
It's funny to see that Autosport seems to have just copied BBC's text, or the other way around. I wonder if they have any sort of agreement or this is just plain old piracy.

As for the news themselves, well, that looks rather classless from a team of McLaren's stature. Kicking Dennis out was not particularly nice and now it seems that they're purging those close to him. I wonder whether this will result on an improvement for McLaren or if they will start digging their own graves even deeper.

Nitrodaze
20th December 2016, 21:51
It looks like the Mclaren 2017 season is going to be in tatters. These disruptions are bound to be causing distractions and loss of focus as everyone is watching their backs. It is looking like the start of a downward spiral for this great team.

Jag_Warrior
31st December 2016, 16:50
If Ron manages to take over Manor (and has some money to develop the team and the car), I'll be interested to see whether he can move them up the grid. I'm pulling for Zak Brown to turn McLaren around. But as a member of the old guard, I'd also like to see Ron find some redemption.

Nitrodaze
31st December 2016, 20:36
If Ron manages to take over Manor (and has some money to develop the team and the car), I'll be interested to see whether he can move them up the grid. I'm pulling for Zak Brown to turn McLaren around. But as a member of the old guard, I'd also like to see Ron find some redemption.

Ron Dennis plus Manor, that is an interesting combination. I bet ya, Ron Dennis can make a worthy team out of Manor.