PDA

View Full Version : Zakoh's Top 5 list of contenders for Niko's Mercedes seat

zako85
3rd December 2016, 10:01
The insider sources have already reported that the following people have sent in their resumes:

1. Jacques Villeneuve
2. Vitaly Petrov
3. Pastor Maldonado
4. Esteban Gutierrez
5. Nick Heidfeld

yodasarmpit
3rd December 2016, 10:05
You can add Jarno Trulli to the list.

Rollo
3rd December 2016, 11:08
The insider sources have already reported that the following people have sent in their resumes:

1. Jacques Villeneuve
2. Vitaly Petrov
3. Pastor Maldonado
4. Esteban Gutierrez
5. Nick Heidfeld

6. Bottas
7. Ocon
8. Bono
9. Sainz
10. Wehrlein

pantealex
3rd December 2016, 11:49
6. Bottas
7. Ocon
8. Bono
9. Sainz
10. Wehrlein

11.Kovalainen
12.Kubica
13.Webber
14.Prost
15.Mick Schumacher

driveace
3rd December 2016, 12:06
Have not seen a name yet that I would have in my team ! Verstappen would be 1st choice Followed by these
Werhlien
Vettel
Alonso
Ocon
BUT Lewis said he is not bothered about WHO his team mate is like Vettel and Alonso who insist on clauses about their team mates (which I believe is correct) ALL he is bothered about is that he gets equal treatment ,and he will race with whoever Merc appoint He has NO imput into who is selected.
We will now see if Lewis misses the feedback and setup imfo from Rosberg as loads on here sugested he relied on !Guys give Hamilton credit ,as he hasnt had to wait 18 years for his world championship You might not like him,his antics ,the way he leads his life BUT Bernie does !

Franky
3rd December 2016, 12:41
11.Kovalainen
12.Kubica
13.Webber
14.Prost
15.Mick Schumacher

Guys, you've lost the plot completely. Merc already has a driver, a multiple world champion sitting on the sidelines in the team. Niki just needs to go to the gym and get fit again.

Greasy
3rd December 2016, 13:26
Guys, you've lost the plot completely. Merc already has a driver, a multiple world champion sitting on the sidelines in the team. Niki just needs to go to the gym and get fit again.

Just what Mercedes need... A second driver telling them the car is shit.

Morte66
3rd December 2016, 13:41
I gather Sebastian Ogier is in need of work...

Koz
4th December 2016, 04:14
It will be Lauda. He'll lose some weight over the winter and if he can fit if he'll win the WDC next year. He's still got it.

If for some reason he can't fit in the car Susie will be driving.

Rollo
4th December 2016, 09:36
It will be Lauda. He'll lose some weight over the winter and if he can fit if he'll win the WDC next year. He's still got it.

Niki Lauda and Martin Skrtel had a fight. Nobody knows who won but let's just say that the Grand Canyon, wasn't there before their fight.

gm99
4th December 2016, 12:27

If for some reason he can't fit in the car Susie will be driving.

Looking good ;)

gm99
6th December 2016, 11:42
Surely Hülkenberg must be kicking himself for signing with Renault. He would have been the ideal stop-gap solution for a season and Mercedes wouldn't even have had to change their campaign - it had still been Lewis & Nico ;)

zako85
6th December 2016, 13:24
Surely Hülkenberg must be kicking himself for signing with Renault. He would have been the ideal stop-gap solution for a season and Mercedes wouldn't even have had to change their campaign - it had still been Lewis & Nico ;)

Let him kick himself. I still don't believe he could possibly deserve that seat.

driveace
6th December 2016, 19:35
There are some odd names being put forward for the Mercedes seat vacated by Rosberg
Why would Mercedes need a stop gap driver,or a lame driver, or a driver past his sell by date ? Like Button , di Resta, Surprised no one came up with Anthony Davidson either or Mark Webber !
Lets look at the young drivers who its possible could be released
These teams that have drivers that are interesting to Mercedes will try and screw Mercedes to the wall to see just how much they can get too
The Finns think its one of their own Bottas

N. Jones
7th December 2016, 02:09
I cant see Seb/Kimi/Fred/Dan/Max going to Merc. Everyone else, sure.

I've heard if you are a bettor to put your money on Bottas. Merc would pay big bucks, give Williams Wherlien, and go from there.

Klinsman
7th December 2016, 08:35
I cant see Seb/Kimi/Fred/Dan/Max going to Merc. Everyone else, sure.

I've heard if you are a bettor to put your money on Bottas. Merc would pay big bucks, give Williams Wherlien, and go from there.

I was kind of thinking the same moves with Botas to Mercedes and Wherein to Williams, but a bit of a kick in the balls for Williams loosing two experienced drivers especially when it comes to circuit and car set up knowledge and future research and development.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

N. Jones
7th December 2016, 14:36
Yes, but according to Joe Saward the money they would get would be a huge boost, plus they would get more help from Merc. Also, Pascal is no slouch and I think Williams would be a good place for him to further develop.