PDA

View Full Version : Ross Brawn takes the reins !

Bagwan
1st November 2016, 00:49
It looks like Ross will be heading F1 for Liberty Media , taking over from Bernie .
This is like a dream , to get a guy so experienced , and one who has made things happen everywhere he's appeared , yet seems to have made no real enemies in the paddock .

I am so excited , when lately I've been so disheartened about the state of the sport I've spent so much of my life following , to see this appointment .

This is the best news we could have hoped for !

Starter
1st November 2016, 02:45
It looks like Ross will be heading F1 for Liberty Media , taking over from Bernie .
This is like a dream , to get a guy so experienced , and one who has made things happen everywhere he's appeared , yet seems to have made no real enemies in the paddock .

I am so excited , when lately I've been so disheartened about the state of the sport I've spent so much of my life following , to see this appointment .

This is the best news we could have hoped for !
That's going to last till the first controversy. Hope he's got a thick skin. The honeymoon never lasts long enough.

The Black Knight
1st November 2016, 07:15
This has been in the works for a long time. Ross has always been cited as a potential successor. I couldn't think of anyone better. He's a pretty honest and straight forward guy and is well respected throughout the sport. Bernie has another two years left in the sport and after that I think he'll be kicked out which is long over due. He has made a complete mess of so many things, I can't believe he has lasted this long.

AndyL
1st November 2016, 08:43
Auto Bild magazine is cited as the source of this... is anyone familiar with it, is it a reliable source?

Bagwan
1st November 2016, 12:41
JA is clarifying the issue to some degree , saying he will not replace Bernie , but rather , head the sporting side of things , as Mr. E carries on for a while on the commercial side .

Phoenix
1st November 2016, 13:25
I rather suspect Ross' skin is thicker than most - after all. he's been round the F1 block several times, and succeeded at Ferrari where many other good people (Dominicali is a good example) have failed.

AndyL
2nd November 2016, 09:14
I rather suspect Ross' skin is thicker than most - after all. he's been round the F1 block several times, and succeeded at Ferrari where many other good people (Dominicali is a good example) have failed.

Indeed, one of the keys to his success at Ferrari was the ability to absorb the flak from the higher-ups and shield the rest of the team from it.

Phoenix
2nd November 2016, 15:13
Just to throw in a curve ball.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/37847748

Jag_Warrior
2nd November 2016, 15:31
Based on what Chase Carey has said in the recent past, I'm still expecting a triumvirate style leadership team, with Ross Brawn and Zak Brown occupying two of the three top spots. Brawn's experience is on the sporting/technical side. Brown's experience is more on the commercial/sponsorship side. We'll see.

I just realized... Brawn and Brown. Now all we need is someone named (insert your submission here) ______.

AndyL
2nd November 2016, 16:31
I just realized... Brawn and Brown. Now all we need is someone named (insert your submission here) ______.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/thunderbirds/images/6/6f/Brains_(portrait).png

Nitrodaze
2nd November 2016, 22:59
It is not official yet. Just a rumour at the moment. Though it would be great if he was appointed. He was top of my list in my Liberty media posts recently.