PDA

View Full Version : Ocon Replaces Haryanto at Manor

Jag_Warrior
10th August 2016, 17:00
I have to admit, I feel kind of bad for Rio Haryanto. Against the highly (or over) rated Wehrlein, I think he was respectable. It's just hard to judge someone in a Manor. But he wasn't a clown or dangerous on the track. I hope that things work out for him. Now, on to Ocon vs. Wehrlein. Pascal needs to pull ahead, if he's to retain the title of "Toto's Little Prince" - which sounds creepy as hell to me, by the way.

Manor Racing has signed Esteban Ocon to race alongside Pascal Wehrlein for the remaining nine rounds of the 2016 FIA Formula 1 World Championship. He will make his Formula 1 racing debut in the Belgian Grand Prix on 28 August. (http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/08/10/ocon-replaces-haryanto-at-manor/)

andyone
11th August 2016, 15:33
maybe its about money and not talent i think if you have good sponsors you get a better chance for the poor teams.

inimitablestoo
12th August 2016, 10:24
Useless stat department: Ocon becomes the first Formula 1 driver with a surname beginning with O since Danny Ongais last appeared in 1978. Feel free to use that stat yourself, on the off-chance anyone finds it interesting

driveace
12th August 2016, 17:31
Its all about the cash And Haryanto or his sponsors money was not forthcoming
A pity as I though he kept his nose clean and was not shown up by his team mate ,who is supposed to be the next big thing after sliced bread
Just how many pay to race 8 or 9?

zako85
13th August 2016, 12:24
I won't lose my sleep or shed any my tears over this.

Jag_Warrior
13th August 2016, 19:30
Sounds like Manor has offered him the reserve driver role, which I suppose takes Rossi out of the picture at Manor now.

Now let's see how Ocon does against Wehrlein. If he dusts Wehrlein off, then I'd say that Pascal is overrated and he and Haryanto were more equal than not. But if Ocon is evenly matched to Wehrlein by the end of the season, then that makes me think that Haryanto is in the same league as both Pascal and Esteban.

steveaki13
20th August 2016, 22:20
Sorry I am late to the party guys.

I feel for Haryanto. I felt he had done a decent job against Wehrlein who despite what anyone thinks of his ability has scored a point this season.

I saw Ocon at the Silverstone test recently though and he seems a talent of sorts. Look forward to seeing how he does. Its always a challenge making your debut at Spa.

Jag_Warrior
27th August 2016, 20:35
It seems that Ocon's arrival provided the kick in the pants that Wehrlein needed.

Or... or... or... would Haryanto have kept the gap to Wehrlein closer than Ocon? Hmm. :D

I know. It's very early days. But still, it's fun to ponder.

N. Jones
28th August 2016, 16:18
Good. I hope Ocon can do better than Rio.

Jag_Warrior
7th September 2016, 16:21
I'm just pulling for Manor to hold on to 10th. If they could score at least 1 more point, I think that would be fantastic. I'd really like to see Wehrlein and Ocon each score a point by the end of the season, but I know that's a big ask.