PDA

View Full Version : Hungaroring 2016 - Who shall triumph?

Nitrodaze
21st July 2016, 15:50
The Mercedes seem to have a tough time at this track, especially over the last two seasons. But Hamilton has won on this track 4 times in the past, equaling the great Michael Schumacher. Ricciado put in a stellar race to beat the very dominant Mercedes in 2014. And Vettel gave Ferrari one of their three wins in 2015 at this track.

Seeing how it is difficult to overtake on this track and bearing in mind that the Mercedes are poor starter of the line, the chances of a Redbull or Ferrari win is very much on the cards. But Force India has been knocking on the door in a few races this season. A surprise Force India win would be most delightful. A David and Goliath situation, if you like.

It would also be great for Ricciado to revive his aspirations to win a title by winning this race. Equally so for Vettel who has been bedeviled with reliability issues. A Ferrari win would diffuse the mounting pressure within Ferrari to deliver. If anyone needs a good result the most at Hungary. Ferrari's Arrivabene is that man.

Let the show begin.

Nathan Basil Hine
22nd July 2016, 14:53
Who's hyped for Budapest this weekend. The hungaroring is one of those tracks that just delivers. Check out my F1 preview for the Hungarian GP on https://hineinternationalmotorsport.wordpress.com and regular updates to my website on www.motorsportinfo.weebly.com

Stan Reid
22nd July 2016, 15:52
In practice, it looks like Honda has made some strides but, barring some catastrophe, whoever Merc decides to favor.

steveaki13
23rd July 2016, 13:19
hi guys.

after a delay its on.

steveaki13
23rd July 2016, 13:21
Its off

Tazio
23rd July 2016, 13:24
High Steve :wave:
It's really bucketing down! :dork:

Tazio
23rd July 2016, 13:36
Ok it's on again!

rjbetty
23rd July 2016, 13:36
Its off

Just tuned in since I'm up and doing some cleaning. What's this? Safety cars in then back out for a bit of rain? Back in my day we just got on with it!

Wish we could just not bother going to work if it rains too much.

#FrenchGP1999

Tazio
23rd July 2016, 13:40
Dog-blast it ;)

Tazio
23rd July 2016, 13:55
Felipe baby! ;)

steveaki13
23rd July 2016, 14:02
what a scrappy Q1 this is.............

Tazio
23rd July 2016, 14:11
Harry screwed Joly!

longisland
23rd July 2016, 14:22
God has answered the stewards prayer. Who needs zero tolerance policy when there's rain.

Tazio
23rd July 2016, 14:32
Kimi smoked!

AndyL
23rd July 2016, 14:34
Lewis only just squeaked through to Q3!

Tazio
23rd July 2016, 14:36
McLaren gets both lads through!

steveaki13
23rd July 2016, 14:53
Rosberg on Pole. Hamilton had to back off for Alonso's spun car. Bad luck for him.

Rosberg another pole.

N4D13
23rd July 2016, 14:54
That was a strange end to qualifying. Wonder whether Rosberg will get his Q3 time deleted? He improved his S2 time, but the question is whether he improved his time in the part of the track where Alonso spun.

Incidentally, it's not very nice of Alonso to screw Hamilton in Hungary again. Of all the possible tracks...

Edit: oh, actually the yellow flags had been cleared by the time Nico got there, at least according to Autosport Live.

The Black Knight
23rd July 2016, 16:13
That was a strange end to qualifying. Wonder whether Rosberg will get his Q3 time deleted? He improved his S2 time, but the question is whether he improved his time in the part of the track where Alonso spun.

Incidentally, it's not very nice of Alonso to screw Hamilton in Hungary again. Of all the possible tracks...

Edit: oh, actually the yellow flags had been cleared by the time Nico got there, at least according to Autosport Live.

It looked okay to me, I'd say he'll keep the time. It just shows once again though, once there is luck to be had, Nico will get it.

Mintexmemory
23rd July 2016, 18:46
Rosberg now under investigation for failing to slow for yellows! Someone musta complained (cough Red Bull cough)

Tazio
23rd July 2016, 22:49
Rosberg now under investigation for failing to slow for yellows! Someone musta complained (cough Red Bull cough) I believe that The Boss had some very bad luck. He was on for a very good lap. I think that Nico's exoneration is the correct ruling. The track was improving lap by lap, and I think without the little lift he would have been closer to 119.6. Once again bad luck for Lewis.

zako85
24th July 2016, 08:30
Hungaroring is the kind of race track that seems to deliver one of two kinds of races. First is the boring processional type of race. The second type of race is when you get lots of fireworks, bangs, and explosions. Let's hope it's going to be the later kind today.

Mintexmemory
24th July 2016, 08:59
Forecast is for sun all day, 32deg during the race. Ideal for LH to pressure Rosberg into tyre, brake and gear wear then jump him in the last couple of laps (or just get the jump on him at the start and drive off into the distance ;-))

andyone
24th July 2016, 09:14
Forecast is for sun all day, 32deg during the race. Ideal for LH to pressure Rosberg into tyre, brake and gear wear then jump him in the last couple of laps (or just get the jump on him at the start and drive off into the distance ;-))

or Rosberg can just push him off the Track and drive off to the distance and LH will have to start overtaking again. the merc one two

driveace
24th July 2016, 11:57
What we don't know yet is what was in Rosbergs new contract ,thet he signed this week.OK we know he is on less money than Lewis ,but it would have been foolish of Mercedes to not cover their backs and impress to Rosberg the importance of not driving his team mate off the track .What's important to Mercedes is that they win the "Team" prize ,the drivers championship is of slightly less importance to them

Tazio
24th July 2016, 12:56
Morning guys :wave:
Hoping for an exiting race!

steveaki13
24th July 2016, 12:56
afternoon.....

Turn 1 is key here

Koz
24th July 2016, 12:58
Hey guys!

Tazio
24th July 2016, 13:01
Great start by The Boss, Fred also picked up a spot!

gm99
24th July 2016, 13:02
Hamilton disappearing off in the distance already. I'm gonna have a nap...

steveaki13
24th July 2016, 13:02
Well recovered by Rosberg. Crucial he held second.

Hamilton screaming off on lap 1.

steveaki13
24th July 2016, 13:05
Dont have a nap. Hamilton not pulling away now. Red Bulls are very close.

steveaki13
24th July 2016, 13:11
OK have a nap..... dull now :p

steveaki13
24th July 2016, 13:13
Max says he is cruising around.... just what we want to hear.

Button getting screwed by having a legitimate issue as he now has a penalty. How silly is this

longisland
24th July 2016, 13:20
"Use the force, Jenson." Even a Jedi gets messages. What a farce.

Mintexmemory
24th July 2016, 13:20
Max says he is cruising around.... just what we want to hear.

Button getting screwed by having a legitimate issue as he now has a penalty. How silly is this

Pedal going to the floor is simple enough for Jenson to have worked out for himself!
Stop or try and handle the situation!
Looks like my second predicted scenario is panning out!

Nitrodaze
24th July 2016, 13:22
Now we see the radio rule imposed on Button, it shows clearly how bizarre it is. Surely a rule should be about curtailing unfair advantage. For a car that is already disadvantage by their problem, l really do not see the point of purnishing them further for radio chatter regarding the issue.

N4D13
24th July 2016, 13:23
Yay, Red Bull is screwing one of their drivers again. Anyone care to guess whom that was?

Edit: all right, time for me to make sure before I write, because this is getting embarrassing. For once, it was Verstappen who got the wrong part.

steveaki13
24th July 2016, 13:28
In before Mercedes collide;)

longisland
24th July 2016, 13:29
Max needs to cruise like his grandma because he is stuck behind an old man with old tires.

steveaki13
24th July 2016, 13:30
Will Hamilton move over for Rosberg if Ricciardo catches them? Like Nico did in Monaco? :vader:

Mintexmemory
24th July 2016, 13:30
BBC radio going ape shit about Hamilton's pace - they haven't considered tyre and brake conservation!

N4D13
24th July 2016, 13:34
BBC radio going ape shit about Hamilton's pace - they haven't considered tyre and brake conservation!
Well, considering that you expected him to drive off into the distance, I would say this should be rather worrying even for you. :p

Mintexmemory
24th July 2016, 13:37
Well, considering that you expected him to drive off into the distance, I would say this should be rather worrying even for you. :p
Ha ha - More than 1 second is 'the distance' as far as Hungaroring is concerned! Just as long as Merc don't screw him on the pitstop!

steveaki13
24th July 2016, 13:42
Bit of a bore fest so far

Nitrodaze
24th July 2016, 13:59
Those Renault gun men are wicked. Renault smokes Force India in a head to head pitstop shoot out. eeh haa

steveaki13
24th July 2016, 14:05
Someone said Hungary is either boring and processional or a classic these days. We know which category this falls into.

gm99
24th July 2016, 14:10
Palmer throwing away a possible points finish...The good job done by his pit crew gone to waste.

longisland
24th July 2016, 14:23
Verstappen moved twice. Thought?

Nitrodaze
24th July 2016, 14:29
Verstappen moved twice. Thought?

Max definitely changed direction twice. But race control do not seem interested.

Nitrodaze
24th July 2016, 14:37
And again, Verstapenn is going to cause an accident sooner or later with this kind of driving.

N4D13
24th July 2016, 14:38
And again, Verstapenn is going to cause an accident sooner or later with this kind of driving.
My thoughts exactly. He was really close to causing one for the second time in this race. I wish he was given a harsh punishment, but I'm afraid he'll only get a reprimand or a 5-second penalty at most.

AndyL
24th July 2016, 14:39
That complaint about Max's defending was the most words I've ever heard Kimi say.

Nitrodaze
24th July 2016, 14:41
What about the dancing marshals? :-) cool

Nitrodaze
24th July 2016, 14:49
Records made at this race:-

1. Hamilton wins it 5 times and becomes the most successful driver to ever raced at the hungaroring.

What others can you think about?

By the way Hamilton now leads the drivers championship by six points. Not much for Rosberg to worry too much, but enough to show the swing of momentum.

AndyL
24th July 2016, 23:29
Interesting little titbit from Ted Kravtiz's Notebook: Torro Rosso reckon the Honda in the McLaren that beat them today is now more powerful than Torro Rosso's 2015 Ferrari. So apparently Honda are only 1 year behind the second best engine manufacturer now :)

jens
26th July 2016, 11:59
I like Verstappen. He reminds me a bit of Schumacher in terms of being absolutely on the limit in terms of "rules interpretation". :) Genius defence. But one day he is going to pay the price with a puncture for it...