PDA

View Full Version : Emil Bergkvist

Sulland
16th July 2016, 19:53
Sweden need a WRC driver to cheer soon, and Mr Bergkvist I guess is one of the best options, together with Pontus.

maybe Sweden need to revive this campaign https://www.facebook.com/swedenworldrallyteam/
to help, but in WRC2 or ERC.

Maybe get Emil a Fabia or a Fiesta, that are good gravel cars, the DS3 is not.
Or maybe he need to swap management to EVEN?

itix
17th July 2016, 00:20
I don't mind if he stays in Citroen because I am a PSA-dophile ;)

He'll need to up his pace a bit though if he is to be noticed by the team. His current management seem to be talking to some wrc teams and I guess that Citroen is on the cards.

I'd be super happy anyway hahahaha.

Simmi
17th July 2016, 10:05
Obviously with Bergkvist his limitations are around budget not talent. It does make you question how good ERC Juniors is as a stepping stone with only a single R5 drive off the back of it, and no manufacturers in the ERC anymore to move into.

I'm not sure what the price difference is between doing that and Dmack Trophy, but it just shows how great that ladder system is over there.

For sure any talk of Bergkvist in a WRC car is extremely premature. He needs to hope there is some kind of manufacturer R5/development role - but those are few and far between.

tommeke_B
17th July 2016, 19:01
Or maybe he need to swap management to EVEN?

What are the benefits of having the same manager as some of your main rivals?

Hartusvuori
17th July 2016, 19:15
What are the benefits of having the same manager as some of your main rivals?

Benefit would be not having his current management.

tommeke_B
17th July 2016, 19:22

Probably, but I'm wondering what happens when one big chance shows up. That manager of 3 (or more) young very talented drivers can only choose one of those 3 drivers... Sure working with a certain manager could open many doors, but I'm afraid it will also shut many doors as some project will be already reserved for another driver by that same manager. There will never be a place in WRC for everyone...

Zeakiwi
19th July 2016, 02:16
EB is with V & V Management.
http://www.speedersmag.com/en/swedish-rally-ace-emil-bergkvist-vv-sport-management-concluded-management-deal/

Rallyper
19th July 2016, 15:27

So what do you know about them. Just asking, bcs I´m curious.
You could PM me. Need to talk other things as well. ;)