PDA

View Full Version : Austrian donkey

gm99
3rd July 2016, 14:48
Rosberg
Hülkenberg for fading away straight from the start.
Williams was also disappointing on a track they have done well at in the past.

yodasarmpit
3rd July 2016, 14:50
Only one person up this week, Rosberg.

Koz
3rd July 2016, 14:52
Rosberg, and not just a donkey, he did that intentionally. I don't buy a braking problem, he just didn't turn in. It was just disgraceful.

steveaki13
3rd July 2016, 15:01
Rosberg. (The Martin Brundle phrase from 1997 and Villeneuve v Schumi) "You hit the wrong part of him my friend"

Hulkenberg for that hopeless effort.

Williams for going slowly backwards again from a front runner in 2014 and heading back to their 2013 form

Garry Walker
3rd July 2016, 15:06
Both Nico's.
Rosberg tried to ram Hamilton out, Hulkenberg showed again why he doesn't belong in a top team.

Mintexmemory
3rd July 2016, 15:07
Rosberg, open and shut case of lacking moral fibre!

The Black Knight
3rd July 2016, 15:08
Rosberg and Hulkenberg.

Hulkenberg was absolutely awful. Bottas was rubbish too.

steveaki13
3rd July 2016, 15:10
Both Nico's.
Rosberg tried to ram Hamilton out, Hulkenberg showed again why he doesn't belong in a top team.

Showing why he barely belongs in F1 anymore.

steveaki13
3rd July 2016, 15:11
Wehrlein was nearly a donkey for being in the wrong place on the grid. Only to reverse into his correct place and then become driver of the day. Zero to Hero :p

truefan72
3rd July 2016, 15:22
TBF i think there was fundamentally a problem with Hulkenberg's car right from the start.
I won't be surprised if there was a power unit issue that manifested itself in the warm up lap.
It was highly unnatural for him to perform this way and the car finally gave up the ghost a few laps from the end.

Hulkenberg is absolutely deserving of a top seat and if he was in the 2nd ferrari seat, it would be well deserved.
You would immediately see him win races or challenge for podiums with ease.
I would sign him in that 2nd ferrari seat if i could.
not sure vettel wants the competition.

As to Donkey's
1. Rosberg
2. Mercedes race strategy
3. Williams, what happened? this was a track perfect for them.

Garry Walker
3rd July 2016, 15:26
TBF i think there was fundamentally a problem with Hulkenberg's car right from the start.
I won't be surprised if there was a power unit issue that manifested itself in the warm up lap.
It was highly unnatural for him to perform this way and the car finally gave up the ghost a few laps from the end.

Hulkenberg is absolutely deserving of a top seat and if he was in the 2nd ferrari seat, it would be well deserved.
You would immediately see him win races or challenge for podiums with ease.
I would sign him in that 2nd ferrari seat if i could.
not sure vettel wants the competition.

As to Donkey's
1. Rosberg
2. Mercedes race strategy
3. Williams, what happened? this was a track perfect for them.

Perez is much better than hulkenberg and has been for a long time. If you think Nico deserves a Ferrari seat, then Perez deserves it 15 times more.

N4D13
3rd July 2016, 15:36
I'm not sure about Rosberg and Hülkenberg. In the first case, I'm waiting to see what the stewards have to say - he's part donkey at the very least, but I'd want to see whether his supposed brake issues were a large factor in the crash. As for the other Nico, you'd have to wonder whether he was driving an ailing car; it certainly looked like it.

Rollo
4th July 2016, 01:29
Vettel's tyre, which decided that it didn't want to be a tyre any more. Before the race, it was sitting among all the other tyres and heard tales of its great great grandad who fought in the battle of Adelaide in 1986 and also died.

N. Jones
4th July 2016, 02:07
Who else?

Hulkenberg. He threw away a great starting position.

Tazio
4th July 2016, 03:20
I'm not sure about Rosberg and Hülkenberg. In the first case, I'm waiting to see what the stewards have to say - he's part donkey at the very least, but I'd want to see whether his supposed brake issues were a large factor in the crash. As for the other Nico, you'd have to wonder whether he was driving an ailing car; it certainly looked like it. I will have to say Rosberg's credibility is taking a big hit right now, and I'm really tired of the Toto- Lauda-speak. Dude just tried to take The Boss out! Hulk definitely had some tire issues, but Perez seems to be driving around the same. Both cars eventually retired so I'm not sure he deserved a donkey.

Jag_Warrior
4th July 2016, 08:32
I'm going with Truefan's 1 & 2.

The Mercedes strategy for Hamilton in the closing stages of this race would turn even the most rational fan into a conspiracy theorist.

Mia 01
4th July 2016, 15:44
Hamilton, steering into Nico R.

driveace
4th July 2016, 17:23
Which race did you watch Mia ?

steveaki13
4th July 2016, 18:45
Which race did you watch Mia ?

Doesn't matter. Lewis is wrong

Duncan
4th July 2016, 19:18
I'm going with Truefan's 1 & 2.

The Mercedes strategy for Hamilton in the closing stages of this race would turn even the most rational fan into a conspiracy theorist.

Indeed, and not just at the end. I'm still trying to figure out what the strategy was supposed to be from the start.

Hamilton stayed out for an extremely long time on the ultras for the first stint, and was giving up more than a second a lap for several laps before being called in. Combined with the botched pit stop, that handed the lead to Rosberg. Not that I'm suggesting that the slow pit stop was deliberate, because I really don't buy that, but by leaving Hamilton out for so long while his lead burned down perilously close to the pit stop delta, the strategists were counting on either

1. a perfect pit stop to give Hamilton any chance of staying in front (and it would have been close even with a record setting pit stop) or
2. a one fewer stop strategy so it wouldn't matter

so why would you burn the lead time necessary to do that if you're planning on stopping twice anyway? Not only that, but with softs for both other stints. If that was the plan, it would have been vastly more efficient in terms of time to increase the other two stints by a couple of laps each and decrease the initial ultra soft stint by four laps. I just can't see how their strategy made any sense at all...

henners88
4th July 2016, 19:57
Hamilton, steering into Nico R.

Mia for not being capable of watching a race with an objective point of view ;)

andyone
7th July 2016, 18:24
i think Mia watched this Race

driveace
8th July 2016, 08:23
But who got 2 points on his licence and a ten second penalty ?Sure that was not Hamilton !
Who tried to punt the other driver off after leaving him no room And then tried to prevent his team mate from rejoining the track .In the picture Hamilton is still steering ahead ,not into his team mate who he is ahead of !