Rain map
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ctr9fPJWAAEu91v.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
1st October 2016, 14:49
Day 2 morning video

https://youtu.be/RTbyF7oUnwI

Fast Eddie WRC
1st October 2016, 14:51
Heavy rain Cap Corse north of Bastia right now.

https://twitter.com/RallyingUK/status/782216811622326272

René
1st October 2016, 14:53
Good news for the Irish driver :)

dupanton
1st October 2016, 14:59
Not good for Sordo, Breen, Fords etc. Rain is starting on SS7

Fast Eddie WRC
1st October 2016, 15:00
Good news for the Irish driver :)

Not if it hits him on SS7 after being dry for the others...

René
1st October 2016, 15:02
Not if it hits him on SS7 after being dry for the others...

of course not :(

Fast Eddie WRC
1st October 2016, 15:06
Seems there could be some issues now with the later runners in the wet...

dimviii
1st October 2016, 15:07
is it real Abbrings 1st split?

edit

Sat 16:09 - SS7: WRC 2 Abbring –
We're hearing the man who was third in WRC 2 has stopped after the 32.4km mark in this stage. More as we get it...

Fast Eddie WRC
1st October 2016, 15:11
Evans pulling more time on Kopecky... rain wont bother the Welshman !

KKS
1st October 2016, 15:20
Evans pulling more time on Kopecky... rain wont bother the Welshman !
not match rain for earlyrunners as for backrunners

Mirek
1st October 2016, 15:36
Yes, everyone got slower and slower with more rain coming in. Kopecký was actually faster till the rain caught him.

Fast Eddie WRC
1st October 2016, 15:44
Abbring: Gutted :( Water leak issues, stopped on stage to avoid further damage... We were only just beginning to have fun ! https://t.co/bDlLn4Cf2Y

RS
1st October 2016, 15:46
No Sarrazin either?

bluuford
1st October 2016, 15:48
Rain has stopped now and every following crew is getting a bit dryer and dirtier conditions ;)

KKS
1st October 2016, 16:01
Rain has stopped now and every following crew is getting a bit dryer and dirtier conditions ;)
But just for 6-10 first cars, then road must be more equal?
It's make big difference for WRC2 crews?

René
1st October 2016, 16:04
still raining at the end of the stage 8

KKS
1st October 2016, 16:12
Neuville! Just keep it to the end. -15.0 to Ogier

Fast Eddie WRC
1st October 2016, 16:24
Nasty off and fire for Mutawaa & Loudon !

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtsLQF5WYAQrZfX.jpg:large

Stuart Loudon ‏@stu_loudon
Not a great weekend for us, finished off by a crash and fire. We both got out ok and thanks to the marshals and crews that assisted us.

EstWRC
1st October 2016, 16:30
nice time Tänak, it just shows how much he is losing because of the tires.

Fast Eddie WRC
1st October 2016, 16:32
SS8 Good times by the Hyundai's over the VW's but Ogier is just cruising.

Tanak getting a good run at last with the DMacks cooled by the rain.

Breen 3rd fastest !

Fast Eddie WRC
1st October 2016, 16:35
Evans well up on Kopecky in the wet.

Simmi
1st October 2016, 17:30
Nice time for Andolfi there at the end of the day.

bluuford
1st October 2016, 17:40
still raining at the end of the stage 8

Yes, at the finish.. and just a little longer on the last km-s also;)

GigiGalliNo1
1st October 2016, 17:47
There’s probably room for both Breen and Neuville.

FIA ANNOUNCES WORLD MOTOR SPORT COUNCIL DECISIONS 28.9.2016

“From 2017 a manufacturer may nominate a minimum of two and maximum of three cars for the purpose of scoring points in the Manufacturer’s Championship. Scores from the two best cars in the final classification will amass points in this Championship.”

http://www.fia.com/news/fia-announces-world-motor-sport-council-decisions-3

True

But Matton did say they will only have two cars in 2017!

VW 3

M-Sport ?

Hyundai 3

Toyota 2

bluuford
1st October 2016, 17:50
But just for 6-10 first cars, then road must be more equal?
It's make big difference for WRC2 crews?
Most of the drivers were on wrong tyres.. so, not too much difference for them at the back .P

Simmi
1st October 2016, 18:18
VW 3

M-Sport ?

Hyundai 3

Toyota 2

Wilson quoted on WRC radio today as saying they would need to have a pay driver in the third car. But sounded confident that it would happen. Nothing to stop them running Bertelli/Prokop etc I guess.

Seems Toyota will have three cars later in the season. Hopefully this rule has accelerated the third car.

dimviii
1st October 2016, 19:05
michelin day 2
https://youtu.be/ipWdc3HScYk

RAS007
1st October 2016, 20:18
M-Sport miles and miles off the pace, yet again.

dimviii
1st October 2016, 20:35
lol

Mads Østberg ‏@MadsOstberg

Ο χρήστης Mads Østberg έκανε Retweet M-Sport

“We’ve manged to get through the day without any big problems and when everything was working well I could focus on our strategy."

Franky
1st October 2016, 20:39
Mads has to get the best PR bullshitter title

KKS
1st October 2016, 21:09
That tree grow exactly at that place to cause end of Day2 for Meeke. 1meter before or after - and it was just a cosmetic damage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szm6chtci2U - Citroen vid Day2

Fast Eddie WRC
1st October 2016, 21:37
M-Sport miles and miles off the pace, yet again.

Tanak had a 4th place on the last stage and Evans is smashing it in WRC-2.

macebig
1st October 2016, 21:56
Ford needs a top driver.Ostberg has lost his vision.If they can't get Neuville,they should try to prise Suninen or Lappi out of Skoda's camp.Also hand a Fiesta R5 to Bergkvist and Sirmacis and see who sticks.

itix
1st October 2016, 22:00
Massively disappointing times from Camili. Østberg is beating him on most stages and not a single stage time above 7th. I was expecting more from him tbh given that he has been advertised as a tarmac expert.

Sure. The Fiesta isn't the fastest but one would still expect him to beat Østberg. Maybe he needs more time...

RS
1st October 2016, 22:25
Massively disappointing times from Camili. Østberg is beating him on most stages and not a single stage time above 7th. I was expecting more from him tbh given that he has been advertised as a tarmac expert.

Sure. The Fiesta isn't the fastest but one would still expect him to beat Østberg. Maybe he needs more time...

It's 4-4 on faster times and Camilli leads Ostberg by nearly one minute, but yes.. I would have expected more.

itix
1st October 2016, 22:49
It's 4-4 on faster times and Camilli leads Ostberg by nearly one minute, but yes.. I would have expected more.
I counted 5-3 to Østberg, but maybe I missed something... Østberg's time was lost on last stage yesterday and first stage today and the rest were just behind or in front. I can't say that's hugely impressive from a home rally... but then again, he was slow in Germany too before he went off.

dupanton
1st October 2016, 23:25
Camilli's pace isn't great. But it's not that bad neither. He is still a very inexperienced driver.
I hope he gets some more time. Next year he must show some signs of speed though!

GigiGalliNo1
2nd October 2016, 04:10
Comparing Camilli to Ostberg?

WUff1
2nd October 2016, 07:23
Both official WRC-drivers of M Sport are too weak for serious competition.

KKS
2nd October 2016, 08:30
All on Sunday driving mode except Meeke.
If Breen push like Meeke it maybe was more interesting :/

dupanton
2nd October 2016, 08:31
First cars clearly have an advantage with a clearer road. Certainly with the rain this night

EstWRC
2nd October 2016, 08:34
Meeke just crazy fast!

Simmi
2nd October 2016, 08:40
Great time from Meeke regardless of circumstance. Second biggest stage winning margin of the year. I'd forgotten about Andreas' tyre-choice aided -43.9 on the Monte.

Hayden sounds a bit lost with his tarmac driving.

itix
2nd October 2016, 08:56
30 seconds faster than anyone else? Holy crap!!

RS
2nd October 2016, 09:03
I hate it when everyone goes into cruise mode :(

WRC2 boys too, Kopecky has settled for 2nd.

Anyone know what happened to Sarrazin yesterday?

rallyfiend
2nd October 2016, 09:19
I hate it when everyone goes into cruise mode :(

Anyone know what happened to Sarrazin yesterday?

He drove a Hyundai.

dimviii
2nd October 2016, 09:33
lol

any French speaking mate care to translate Bonatos note at steering wheel?

http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_10_2016/post-53-0-53960900-1475390961.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd October 2016, 10:09
lol

http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_10_2016/post-53-0-53960900-1475390961.jpg

I assume its similar to what Mikkelsen said at stage end yesterday about needing big hairy balls ! :D

Mintexmemory
2nd October 2016, 10:13
lol

Literally - 'It's time for you to wear them' translation into English - 'Grow a pair!'

Rallyper
2nd October 2016, 10:28
Ford needs a top driver.Ostberg has lost his vision.If they can't get Neuville,they should try to prise Suninen or Lappi out of Skoda's camp.Also hand a Fiesta R5 to Bergkvist and Sirmacis and see who sticks.

However Suninen hasn´t shown any speed this time. Don´t know his experience from tarmac and Corsica though. But no excuses from his material.

Mirek
2nd October 2016, 11:08

There was no way how he could catch Evans on those two stages. The gap was too big.

Mirek
2nd October 2016, 11:09

I would like to remind again that Evans was 2nd overall last year here on Corsica with that so caled crappy Fiesta...

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd October 2016, 11:12
Tanak has shown the Fiesta's pace this season.

noel157
2nd October 2016, 11:14
Finally PS live broadcast is on..

dimviii
2nd October 2016, 11:22
Sun 12:26 - SS10: Østberg –
A strong finish from the M-Sport driver, he's only 7.3s down. "This rally's been really good practice for me. I haven't set any blinding times but I think we have some really good settings now."

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd October 2016, 11:28
Nice time by Paddon.

Rallyper
2nd October 2016, 11:41
Neuville: "We can continue like this ... yeah ... till the end of the year." Means to me he will stay at Hyundai.

Edit: That quote I read between the lines.

Eli
2nd October 2016, 11:43
Neuville: "We can continue like this ... yeah ... till the end of the year." Means to me he will stay at Hyundai.
I'm not sure, won't be surprised if he moves to Citroen next year. well done for Meeke winning the PS.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Doon
2nd October 2016, 11:45
Looks like another easy win do Ogier. It goes to show how much of a joke the running order debacle is. So were any of the wins, by other drivers, on gravel really justified? Probably not. This championship has become a bit of a farce, the excitement feels staged when someone wins because of road position.

EstWRC
2nd October 2016, 11:46
Nandan said they will reveal the third driver next week and m-sport is also revealing the drivers this coming week. i think Neuville will actually stay with Hyundai.

KKS
2nd October 2016, 11:46
Bouffier on trouble :(
or starting out the order?

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd October 2016, 11:48
Good results lately in the Hyundai may just have convinced Neuville to stay...

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd October 2016, 11:51
Sébastien Ogier ‏@SebOgier 1m1 minute ago
"This is great! We really wanted to win this rally. This is our 1st win in Corsica, it feels so good on such a historical rally!"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ctwd9D-WEAAQH4Y.jpg

Eli
2nd October 2016, 11:56
Congrats to Ogier, shame the misfortune for Meeke or else we could have seen a very intense battle for a win. Well done to Craig Breen, first rally on tarmac in a world rally car and managed to finish 5th. Really hope to see him join Meeke next season, guess we will see how the puzzle turns out by the time we get to RACC.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

cosmin_sb
2nd October 2016, 12:01
Simone Tempestini win the junior championship !!!

Ucci
2nd October 2016, 12:06
This championship has become a bit of a farce, the excitement feels staged when someone wins because of road position.

Discussion about road position at rally is endless one....somebody must do the sweeping on the gravel events. If this is the 1st in championship, it is a fact. Period.
The whining ones are always welcome at circuit racing.

Ucci
2nd October 2016, 12:07
Ogier : deserved victory. Congrars from my side.

RS
2nd October 2016, 12:12
Sun 12:26 - SS10: Østberg –
A strong finish from the M-Sport driver, he's only 7.3s down. "This rally's been really good practice for me. I haven't set any blinding times but I think we have some really good settings now."

Great, no excuses in Spain then ;)

EightGear
2nd October 2016, 12:37
Just quoting for future references.

dupanton
2nd October 2016, 13:11
I made an overview to see who is still in the running for the different titles:

Ogier, Mikkelsen and Neuville (needs to win all 3 rallies + PS without any points for Ogier) can still be champion:
Ogier is champion in Spain if:
He finishes 2nd or better with a victoy of Mikkelsen
He finishes 3th and takes 1 point on the powerstage with a victory of Mikkelsen
If Mikkelsen doesn't win, he needs to score 13 points more then Ogier to keep the fight open

Manufacturers: VW or Hyundai
VW champion in Spain if they take 20 points more then Hyundai

WRC2: this is complicated. Evans has his 7 results and leads. Suninen and Lappi have a good chance on the title too, but also Kopecky and Tidemand have still a small (theoretical) chance:
Suninen: needs 27 points (1st+9th, 2nd+5th or 3th+4th) to pass Evans, but also needs to stay a head of Lappi.
Lappi: needs 40 points (1st+3th) to pass Evans and 11 points more then Suninen.
Kopecky: needs 2 victories and a 2nd place in the 3 remaining rallies.
Tidemand: needs 3 victories in the 3 remaining rallies.

In WRC3 there are still 3 candidates: Tempestini, Fabre and Andolfi
Tempestini has got a healthy lead on Fabre (and I think he is not going to do any more rallies)
10 points are enough for Tempestini to stay ahead of Andolfi.

In JWRC, Tempestini is the champion already! 2nd place fight will be nice between Veiby, Folb and Koci

RS
2nd October 2016, 13:59
WRC2: this is complicated. Evans has his 7 results and leads. Suninen and Lappi have a good chance on the title too, but also Kopecky and Tidemand have still a small (theoretical) chance:
Suninen: needs 27 points (1st+9th, 2nd+5th or 3th+4th) to pass Evans, but also needs to stay a head of Lappi.
Lappi: needs 40 points (1st+3th) to pass Evans and 11 points more then Suninen.
Kopecky: needs 2 victories and a 2nd place in the 3 remaining rallies.
Tidemand: needs 3 victories in the 3 remaining rallies.

I don't think Kopecky and Tidemand will compete in all three remaining rallies, and it seems unlikely Lappi will do GB and OZ so in reality it will come down to Evans or Sunninen.

I think Sunninen is favourite unless he non-finishes in Spain or Wales.

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd October 2016, 14:10

And he was 4th there last year.

dimviii
2nd October 2016, 14:28
In JWRC, Tempestini is the champion already! 2nd place fight will be nice between Veiby, Folb and Koci

Yves Matton ‏@Yves_Matton 50 λεπτάΠριν από 50 λεπτά

Ο χρήστης Yves Matton έκανε Retweet Junior WRC

Congratulations to Simone Tempestini for the #JWRC title. Next year he’ll drive a @CitroenRacing DS3 R5 on six #WRC2 rounds

dimviii
2nd October 2016, 14:32
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtwsDsdXgAAb_t3.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtwsDsgWIAAOlRN.jpg

Rally Power
2nd October 2016, 15:07
Congratulations to Simone Tempestini for the #JWRC title. Next year he’ll drive a @CitroenRacing DS3 R5 on six #WRC2 rounds

Is that a prize or a punishment?...

Kidding, hope they’ll fix the car for ’17 and it’s a well deserved chance for Tempestini, although on this one the FFSA young drivers were unreachable.

Overall Ogier, Neuville, Breen and Evans did all a remarkable rally. Congrats.

Btw, it’s interesting to see that the market was waiting for Neuville’s decision. It says a lot on how highly the Belgium is valued inside WRC.

GigiGalliNo1
2nd October 2016, 15:11
Andreas makes his "Team" in third in the Manufacturers where M-Sport has two drivers scoring and in 4th!

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd October 2016, 15:11
Is that a prize or a punishment?...

Kidding, hope they’ll fix the car for ’17 and it’s a well deserved chance for Tempestini, although on this one the FFSA young drivers were unreachable.

Overall Ogier, Neuville, Breen and Evans did all a remarkable rally. Congrats.

Btw, it’s interesting to see that the market was waiting for Neuville’s decision. It says a lot on how highly the Belgium is valued inside WRC.

It's not that Neuville is so great, it's more because his contract is up.

Rally Power
2nd October 2016, 15:13

Sad but true.

Ostberg is having a crap year but on previous seasons he already showed he can do better, at least on gravel. The irritating thing is to have him saying he’s learning to drive on tarmac…after so many years why can he simply admit he’ll never be a fast asphalt driver?

Having in mind his short rally career, Camilli was an exciting, but risky, bet. The overall lack of experience didn’t help him to handle the pressure of being a WRC driver and he probably needs to go back on WRC2 to build up his confidence with some fine wins. Keep him in WRC, with the even more demanding ’17 cars, could be another risky bet.

bluuford
2nd October 2016, 15:17
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtwsDsdXgAAb_t3.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtwsDsgWIAAOlRN.jpg
Tänak has 53 points, France is not added yet.

Rally Power
2nd October 2016, 15:19
It's not that Neuville is so great, it's more because his contract is up.

Jesus Eddie…of course his contract is up, but if he wasn't considered the BEST available driver, all the teams (with VW's exception) and all the other available drivers wouldn't be waiting to know where he goes. Don’t you think so?

BigWorm
2nd October 2016, 15:45
Fantastic to see Neuville back in great form, I never doubted he would bounce back. Really hope he gets a Citroën seat, but Breen is also worthy of a drive next year - he has been really impressive this year.

Makes you wonder what will happen with Lefebvre, though? Highly rated two years ago but now he has been unlucky with the injury and he's probably going to miss the remaining drives he was meant to do this year. With Breen impressing, I don't think he will get a drive next year(at least not full time). Cruelty, but it could turn out like that, couldn't it.

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd October 2016, 16:07
Jesus Eddie…of course his contract is up, but if he wasn't considered the BEST available driver, all the teams (with VW's exception) and all the other available drivers wouldn't be waiting to know where he goes. Don’t you think so?

Highly valued, no. Best available, yes.

RS
2nd October 2016, 16:12
Nandan said they will reveal the third driver next week and m-sport is also revealing the drivers this coming week. i think Neuville will actually stay with Hyundai.

Regarding M-Sport, I think Ostberg and Camilli haven't rewarded Malcolm for the faith he showed in them.. and that Tanak and Evans have responded very well to their 'demotion'

I can see all staying in the M-Sport family though, so maybe Tanak-Evans-Ostberg for the main team and Camilli to DMack? Unless Malcolm has a wild card up his sleeve again?

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd October 2016, 16:12
So Meeke's PS 3 pts moves him up one place in the O/A Ch'ship. I think he should compete for points for the rest of 2016 and try to get a higher road position for Monte 2017 and a cleaner road.

BigWorm
2nd October 2016, 16:15
Regarding M-Sport, I think Ostberg and Camilli haven't rewarded Malcolm for the faith he showed in them.. and that Tanak and Evans have responded very well to their 'demotion'

I can see all staying in the M-Sport family though, so maybe Tanak-Evans-Ostberg for the main team and Camilli to DMack? Unless Malcolm has a wild card up his sleeve again?

Camilli has a two-year contract with the main M-Sport team I believe. He's also one of the first to have tested their '17 car so I think he's going to be with them the next year.

dimviii
2nd October 2016, 16:38
Mads Østberg ‏@MadsOstberg 49 λεπτάΠριν από 49 λεπτά

@OttTanak driving the team bus �� Getting to the hotel in super speed �� man I'm car sick haha �� �� �� #goteam ��#wrc

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtxVwaiW8AAsAXN.jpg

dimviii
2nd October 2016, 16:46
michelin video,Tour de Corse highlights
https://youtu.be/tEYShoy2yQ8

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/14446116_1279505642079654_228826802148281708_n.jpg ?oh=fcf8f727da694dee6dffb8ec332d5ed2&oe=5873A1C1&__gda__=1483282167_1a6406d4d5337fc98388e04d1bf17ac 7
https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14524424_1299960236703221_6252245194429325749_o.jp g

dupanton
2nd October 2016, 17:01
Highly valued, no. Best available, yes.

Not highly valued?? Who is better then Neuville at the moment? I bet you can't name 5 drivers!

dupanton
2nd October 2016, 17:02
Makes you wonder what will happen with Lefebvre, though? Highly rated two years ago but now he has been unlucky with the injury and he's probably going to miss the remaining drives he was meant to do this year.

Matton said on Belgian televesion during the Power Stage that he should be competing in Catalunya (or was it Wales, don't remember?)

itix
2nd October 2016, 17:08
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/14446116_1279505642079654_228826802148281708_n.jpg ?oh=fcf8f727da694dee6dffb8ec332d5ed2&oe=5873A1C1&__gda__=1483282167_1a6406d4d5337fc98388e04d1bf17ac 7
https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14524424_1299960236703221_6252245194429325749_o.jp g

Spectator safety doesn't apply to media people as it has been scientifically proven that they can take a direct impact from a rally car at speed, without injury.
...or?

stefanvv
2nd October 2016, 17:09
Not highly valued?? Who is better then Neuville at the moment? I bet you can't name 5 drivers!

If You reduce the number to 4 I'll tell who they are (not that agree with it though):)

N.O.T
2nd October 2016, 17:11
Pro hairpin photographers.

Plebs.

BigWorm
2nd October 2016, 17:25
Matton said on Belgian televesion during the Power Stage that he should be competing in Catalunya (or was it Wales, don't remember?)

Depending on if he recovers in time surely? I know he was scheduled for at least one more event, would be great to see.

His co-driver, Gabin Moreau, is out for the rest of the year I think

dupanton
2nd October 2016, 17:43
If You reduce the number to 4 I'll tell who they are (not that agree with it though):)

Ogier for sure
Meeke and Mikkelsen, I think they are on the same level. Although they've never been vice world champion...
Latvala? Better on some rallies, worst on other. Overall, not better then Neuville.

bowler
2nd October 2016, 17:49
Looks like another easy win do Ogier. It goes to show how much of a joke the running order debacle is. So were any of the wins, by other drivers, on gravel really justified? Probably not. This championship has become a bit of a farce, the excitement feels staged when someone wins because of road position.

I can't agree with your conclusion. No doubt that Ogier is a champion, and in this current day he is worthy of the title. Remember though that this running order argument has only been around for a few years relatively speaking. Until recent fiddling the start order was always as seeded by the Organiser, with the fastest drivers first. Champions like Kankkunen, Makinen, Sainz, Rohrl, Biasion, Burns, all had to start at the front on every rally. Burns won a championship without winning an event. I can't see that not putting the fastest driver in the position that advantages him most creates a situation where wins are staged. More likely that putting a champion in the position he chooses for his advantage will crate a farce.

Congratulations to Seb Ogier on his win. We all knew he would win because he had the best road position under the current start rules, but ,like the champion that he is, he won it well.

stefanvv
2nd October 2016, 18:14
Ogier for sure
Meeke and Mikkelsen, I think they are on the same level. Although they've never been vice world champion...
Latvala? Better on some rallies, worst on other. Overall, not better then Neuville.

I agree with You. Neuville is in constant progress after first bad rallies this year (let's not forget 2013 also). I would even rate him as N2 title contender next year according to the results last few rallies.
Meeke is undoubtedly the closest to the speed to Ogier, but I fear the mistakes will return next year when the fight is on.
Mikkelsen has little less speed, but shouldn't be underestimated. He is doing well
As for Latvala, ah well he seem just to have lost the motivation. I even wonder if he is about to compete in VW next year considering this.

EDIT: Forgot Tanak, but he needs to change the team to be serious threat, then let's see how it goes.

AL14
2nd October 2016, 18:29
Fantastic to see Neuville back in great form, I never doubted he would bounce back. Really hope he gets a Citroën seat, but Breen is also worthy of a drive next year - he has been really impressive this year.

Makes you wonder what will happen with Lefebvre, though? Highly rated two years ago but now he has been unlucky with the injury and he's probably going to miss the remaining drives he was meant to do this year. With Breen impressing, I don't think he will get a drive next year(at least not full time). Cruelty, but it could turn out like that, couldn't it.

Rally IS a cruel sport.

AL14
2nd October 2016, 18:32
I agree with You. Neuville is in constant progress after first bad rallies this year (let's not forget 2013 also). I would even rate him as N2 title contender next year according to the results last few rallies.
Meeke is undoubtedly the closest to the speed to Ogier, but I fear the mistakes will return next year when the fight is on.
Mikkelsen has little less speed, but shouldn't be underestimated. He is doing well
As for Latvala, ah well he seem just to have lost the motivation. I even wonder if he is about to compete in VW next year considering this.

EDIT: Forgot Tanak, but he needs to change the team to be serious threat, then let's see how it goes.

For once I agree with you in all you say stefan.
Latvala has understood his dream will never become true and paradoxically he is more relaxed now but also slower.
Meeke is very fast but as you say mistakes will come back. Agree about Mikkelsen, Tanak and Neuville as well.

Ogier will win until he will be there. Too much different level. Shame his mother got pregnant so later. Should have done it 10 years before.

stefanvv
2nd October 2016, 19:00
well 1 is more than 0:)

Latvala has understood his dream will never become true and paradoxically he is more relaxed now but also slower.

It's not only that for himself personally, he is not motivated for the team either. That should turn on some red light.

Should have done it 10 years before.

That's a difficult one, but then he is wrc since 2008 if I'm not mistaken, so 10 years is a bit too much time. And then the two french in 1 team couldn't agree with each other so that doesn't leave much other options with 2 teams the years before. But yeah, would be great Loeb in Citroen and Ogier in Ford.

denkimi
2nd October 2016, 19:03
Rally IS a cruel sport.
every sport where there are only a few top spots is a cruel sport.

KKS
2nd October 2016, 19:33
The irritating thing is to have him saying he’s learning to drive on tarmac…after so many years why can he simply admit he’ll never be a fast asphalt driver?

Ostberg now it's like JML some 5-6 years ago. Not good at all at asphalt, but then find good tarmac coach and things improved. So Mads need this kind of man and do some european taramac rally's for "building a confidence" and "learn the tarmac" more quickly

BigWorm
2nd October 2016, 19:36
https://twitter.com/EricCamilli/status/782619503184281601/photo/1

Östberg looks really happy with his weekend.

TWRC
2nd October 2016, 19:51
He is scheduled to drive in Wales, if he can't make it, al Quassimi will drive the 3rd car.

TWRC
2nd October 2016, 19:52
...Burns won a championship without winning an event...
He won once in his championship year, in New Zealand.

KKS
2nd October 2016, 20:12
Watch few Meeke onboards from TourdeCorse, and seems Paul calling pacenotes very very late and for next 100-150 meters. It's that tactick only for Corse or it's just normal Meeke pacenotes? If it's normal - he could be in big trouble with notes in future :(

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd October 2016, 20:44

He's done well in the last few months yes, but many of the other driver's have had bad spells at the same time, making him look even better.

My current Top 5 fastest
Ogier
Meeke
Mikkelsen
Tanak
Neuville (JML poor at the moment)

BigWorm
2nd October 2016, 21:38
He's done well in the last few months yes, but many of the other driver's have had bad spells at the same time, making him look even better.

My current Top 5 fastest
Ogier
Meeke
Mikkelsen
Tanak

Mikkelsen is quick, yes. But he has been very lucky to get the VW seat, I think Neuville would outperform him most of the time if they were in the same cars.

Jasper
2nd October 2016, 21:59

My current Top 5 fastest
Ogier
Meeke
Mikkelsen
Tanak

Tanak? Only in Poland and Finland i guess. Tanak isn't the all-round driver you want in your team.

denkimi
2nd October 2016, 22:02
Ostberg now it's like JML some 5-6 years ago. Not good at all at asphalt, but then find good tarmac coach and things improved. So Mads need this kind of man and do some european taramac rally's for "building a confidence" and "learn the tarmac" more quickly
ostberg is actually going backwards in terms of speed. last year he was in corsica nearly 2 minutes slower than winner latvala, this year he's almost 6 minutes slower than ogier.

in almost every rally this year, he is a lot slower compared to the rally winner. not just on asphalt, but also on gravel. one could say it's because the ford isn't as good, but tanak has proven otherwise.

COD
2nd October 2016, 22:08
Meeke is very fast but as you say mistakes will come back. Agree about Mikkelsen, Tanak and Neuville as well.

Ogier will win until he will be there. Too much different level. Shame his mother got pregnant so later. Should have done it 10 years before.

Latvala has a problem in the head and even proffesional gurus have not been able to cure that. He will always be fast but not champion

GigiGalliNo1
3rd October 2016, 00:09
Two questions,

Evans won this rally and could be WRC2 champ... but can he enter anymore rounds to get more points or is that it?

Second, at what point did it seem Ostbergs co-driver Ola walk out of the car at stage end? Did they have an argument or was it just a normal thing?

KKS
3rd October 2016, 02:37
Evans won this rally and could be WRC2 champ... but can he enter anymore rounds to get more points or is that it?
He could choose from this variants:
1. Enter only at RC2 category (get car number 50+)
2. Enter at WRC2 cat and RC2 and stole points from others WRC2 cars. But for his personaly championship points counts only 6 best results from first 7 rallies. So it doesn't effect to Evans points. He have at 2016 WRC2 = 120 points and it is final, no matter what happens next.

Suninen and Lappi can do two WRC2 rallies and must score 27 and 38 points to strike out Evans of the contenders for the championship

KKS
3rd October 2016, 02:40
And BTW, no spectators video from this event? :\ :confused:

Hartusvuori
3rd October 2016, 06:39
He could choose from this variants:
1. Enter only at RC2 category (get car number 50+)
2. Enter at WRC2 cat and RC2 and stole points from others WRC2 cars. But for his personaly championship points counts only 6 best results from first 7 rallies. So it doesn't effect to Evans points. He have at 2016 WRC2 = 120 points and it is final, no matter what happens next.

Suninen and Lappi can do two WRC2 rallies and must score 27 and 38 points to strike out Evans of the contenders for the championship

Once WRC2 competitor has entered seven WRC2 events in season, he/she can't drive points away from competitors in later events. See FIA WRC regulations articla 8.3.2 for reference.

http://www.fia.com/file/37948/download/9275?token=sO3VzQzM

pantealex
3rd October 2016, 08:17
Once WRC2 competitor has entered seven WRC2 events in season, he/she can't drive points away from competitors in later events. See FIA WRC regulations articla 8.3.2 for reference.

He can enter as co-driver, like Ptaszek is doing.

KKS
3rd October 2016, 08:19

hm. apologize, didn't know that

Simmi
3rd October 2016, 08:21
What did people think of the Corsica format this year?

With the weather issues last year I was prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt and see how it ran cleanly in 2016.

While it does feel strange only having 10 stages, it's the second longest event of the season and it is a unique challenge. And anything remotely unique in the WRC these days is good I think. There are pros and cons to all the long stages but I think it warrants a place on the calendar.

Simmi
3rd October 2016, 08:25

For Hubert it's no problem as he is just learning the events. But I would think as soon as you saw a title contender try this then the rule would get changed for the next season.

It is also worth remembering that next year the FIA will pick two events and make ALL WRC2 competitors go there.

Oliverk
3rd October 2016, 09:56

With the weather issues last year I was prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt and see how it ran cleanly in 2016.

While it does feel strange only having 10 stages, it's the second longest event of the season and it is a unique challenge. And anything remotely unique in the WRC these days is good I think. There are pros and cons to all the long stages but I think it warrants a place on the calendar.

Worst rally by miles. Absolutely nothing interesting about it.

EstWRC
3rd October 2016, 10:07
agreed. i wouldnt mind at all if it would be dropped.

Mirek
3rd October 2016, 10:44

For that he would have to be registered earlier, wouldn't he?

BigWorm
3rd October 2016, 11:04
I want it to stay, it's unique and it has got history.

I also think there are a little too few proper asphalt rallies on the calendar(I was very disappointed when China was dropped). We have 2 at the moment, drop it and we would only have Germany. 3 to 4 full on tarmac events is something I would like to see on the calendar.

N.O.T
3rd October 2016, 11:06
Crap rally, replace it with something new and exciting on tarmac.

tc10a
3rd October 2016, 11:21
Most boring rally of the season by far.

Simmi
3rd October 2016, 12:44
Was it the format that made it boring or just the lack of battles/incident? Or did the format ensure a lack of battles?

dimviii
3rd October 2016, 15:26
https://youtu.be/yifSveZSFXI

dimviii
3rd October 2016, 15:41
https://youtu.be/wSr6Jw1Dwa0

AndyRAC
3rd October 2016, 16:22

I'm fine with the format - though I think it could be improved (as all events could). The issue with having long stages is if something happens; then you lose loads of mileage. They need to mix up long stages with some shortish ones. The Sunday could be made longer; 2 shortish stages isn't great (but that is the same for most events).

The current format of events is what a lot of followers have become used to - and start moaning when something different from the norm happens. Remember midweek WRC events? How would modern fans cope with that? Probably not very good.

stefanvv
3rd October 2016, 16:31
The Sunday could be made longer; 2 shortish stages isn't great (but that is the same for most events).

The first was quite long I think which makes the 2 stages half of saturday ones, which is normal for current format 2 and half days.

SubaruNorway
3rd October 2016, 16:39
The first was quite long I think which makes the 2 stages half of saturday ones, which is normal for current format 2 and half days.

That's true but why spend a whole extra day at a rally when you're only able to watch 1 stage, 5 stages in total.

Simmi
3rd October 2016, 16:55
That's true but why spend a whole extra day at a rally when you're only able to watch 1 stage, 5 stages in total.

This is the only issue from a spectators point of view. Even with 10 stages, for the most part you're not seeing any less than you would at Rally GB for example. Two stages a day apart from the Sunday obviously.

I would love to go to Corsica but I always just wonder whether it's worth the hassle.

SubaruNorway
3rd October 2016, 17:30
This is the only issue from a spectators point of view. Even with 10 stages, for the most part you're not seeing any less than you would at Rally GB for example. Two stages a day apart from the Sunday obviously.

I would love to go to Corsica but I always just wonder whether it's worth the hassle.

I'm getting to 8 stages on GB, 4, 3 and 2 :)

Edit: 9 stages

stefanvv
3rd October 2016, 17:45

I agree there should be more stages. But anyway I wonder if it's worthy, because they all look the same actually - lot of corners and nothing else.

Mintexmemory
3rd October 2016, 18:01

4, 3 and 2 = 9!!
Good luck with 4 on Friday or do you have a helicopter arranged? 2,2 and 2 for me plus shakedown ( or you may not see the wild guys!).
3 on Saturday must mean Chalmondley is included - hope you have your rugrat repellent, they'll be swarming!

Franky
3rd October 2016, 18:10
Guys, in recent WRC history Corsica has never had too many stages. For years they had 12 stages in total. Think it was split 4-4-4. The most they've had in 20 years or so has been 18 stages but then the competition distance was close to 500km.

SubaruNorway
3rd October 2016, 18:47
4, 3 and 2 = 9!!
Good luck with 4 on Friday or do you have a helicopter arranged? 2,2 and 2 for me plus shakedown ( or you may not see the wild guys!).
3 on Saturday must mean Chalmondley is included - hope you have your rugrat repellent, they'll be swarming!

Never was any good in maths ;) Myherin and Dyfnant is about 1 hour apart right so that should work for Friday. Pantperthog twice to Aberhirnant which is about 45min away maybe works if you just stay for a few 2nd run on Pantperthog. Haven't seen Chalmondley Castle so don't know if it's worth going to, but probably not :)

pantealex
3rd October 2016, 20:08
For that he would have to be registered earlier, wouldn't he?

Registered for series? No

Before Wales entries closed? Yes

They enter rally by rally, just putting cross in "WRC2" box in entry paper. But I don´t believe M-Sport is playing that kind of game.

Munkvy
3rd October 2016, 20:17
Interesting how few WRC drivers actually failed to complete the whole route. When was the last time that happened?

I like the long stages, gives it another element. However I agree there should be more. Just because you have 2 long stages, doesn't stop you putting a couple of short ones in there too. Afterall there is long liason sections to next service/tyre stop. Why not have another stage along the way?

Also, I think that they didn't need so many tyre change opportunities. Push them a bit more to manage tyres and make them last more than one stage on Sunday for example.

I would still love to enter Corsica, one day. However only being able to afford to rent an R1 car would make it rather less enjoyable I suspect!

Simmi
3rd October 2016, 20:28

Edit: 9 stages

Good luck with that man. More power to you if you can pull that off.

dimviii
3rd October 2016, 20:42
https://youtu.be/oH8LK2Vss9E

itix
3rd October 2016, 21:58

My current Top 5 fastest
Ogier
Meeke
Mikkelsen
Tanak

A bit late, but I do wonder what Mikkelsen is doing on that list... In my eyes he is fast simply because he is in a VW. Ogier would still be fast in the Fiesta, Mikkelsen wouldn't.

Ogier 1.
Meeke is for sure no 2, mainly because he still has some inconsistency... in terms of raw speed he is faster than Ogier.
Then I'd put Neuville as 3rd since he is a fast all rounder.
Paddon as 4 because of his sheer determination... and he has shown some improved speed on asphalt.
5th probably breen as of now. (Although I'm not too sure about that one)

SubaruNorway
3rd October 2016, 22:24
Good luck with that man. More power to you if you can pull that off.
I'm not going, just had a quick glance at it. At least 8 no problem then :)

Simmi
3rd October 2016, 22:48
A bit late, but I do wonder what Mikkelsen is doing on that list... In my eyes he is fast simply because he is in a VW. Ogier would still be fast in the Fiesta, Mikkelsen wouldn't.

Ogier 1.
Meeke is for sure no 2, mainly because he still has some inconsistency... in terms of raw speed he is faster than Ogier.
Then I'd put Neuville as 3rd since he is a fast all rounder.
Paddon as 4 because of his sheer determination... and he has shown some improved speed on asphalt.
5th probably breen as of now. (Although I'm not too sure about that one)

Mikkelsen has almost quietly become one of the most impressive drivers in the WRC. He's showing up Latvala on all surfaces this year. He's constantly competitive and, unlike JML, he still has room to improve.

For what it's worth my list would be:
Ogier
Meeke (Certainly has an 'X-Factor' that can worry Ogier. Can he do it over a full season mano a mano?)
Mikkelsen/Neuville (too close to call - what a difference a few months makes for Thierry!)
Latvala (going backwards)
Paddon (still too inconsistent, and behind on tarmac compared to top guys)
Tanak (inconsistent flashes of real speed, but only on select events. Let's get him back on Michelins and see)
Sordo
Ostberg (regressed massively this season. Fire has gone out at M-Sport like it did for Mikko)

Breen (trending upwards - but not seen enough of him to accurately place yet. He's certainly not top-five though let's be honest!)

denkimi
3rd October 2016, 23:12
Mikkelsen has almost quietly become one of the most impressive drivers in the WRC. He's showing up Latvala on all surfaces this year. He's constantly competitive and, unlike JML, he still has room to improve.

i doubt mikkelsen has room to improve. people sometimes seem to forget that he has done in total more rally's than ogier or meeke.
it's his 4th season with vw for christ sake, he really isn't going to improve much. certainly not enough to become a real challenger for ogier.

itix
4th October 2016, 01:55

You can't compare to Latvala this year. He has had his worst season ever and a lot of it is down to bad luck (even if some of it is down to his own form).

Also like denkimi I wonder about his room for improvement

skarderud
4th October 2016, 06:24
I am not shure a driver like ostberg really has become slower, i think its more like he is on the same level as before, but the others has evolved. The same for latvala.

Sent fra min XP7700 via Tapatalk

PLuto
4th October 2016, 15:54
Bouffier on trouble :(
or starting out the order?

Unfortunatelly, he broke the rim on penultimate stage. He finished the stage and made provisional repair, but suspension was damaged. After stage there were no regular service, but that stupid tyre fitting zone. Mechanic was trying to repair it there, but no chance. Suspension finally broke on liaison to the last stage...

dimviii
4th October 2016, 19:14
http://www.ewrc.cz/images/2016/photos/tour_de_corse_2016/mn_065.jpg
http://www.ewrc.cz/images/2016/photos/tour_de_corse_2016/mn_018.jpg
http://www.ewrc.cz/images/2016/photos/tour_de_corse_2016/mn_063.jpg

http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/fotogalery.php?events=27497&fotograf=119

dimviii
4th October 2016, 19:47
Thierry Neuville credited new engineer Gerard Zyzik for persuading him to adopt major set-up changes that cemented second place at last weekend’s Che Guevara Energy Drink Tour de Corse.

Advertising

The Belgian was in the thick of a battle with Andreas Mikkelsen midway through Saturday’s second leg. Less than six seconds split the pair and although Neuville held sway, he was unhappy with the handling of his Hyundai i20 on the wider sections of the mountain speed tests.

After making changes during the mid-leg service in Bastia, Neuville increased his advantage to 21.5sec in the afternoon and that was enough to secure the runners-up spot at Sunday’s finish.

Zyzik has been responsible for much of the development work on Hyundai’s new 2017 challenger, but has stepped into engineer Neuville following the departure of Clement Mitchell.

“This weekend my engineer was very sound. He helped me to make some new bigger changes which he convinced me to do. He pushed hard to do the changes and finally all the changes we did were positive, so that was important,” Neuville told wrc.com.

“We changed the differential and we made many set-up changes on the dampers. It was good to get my confidence as well after the huge changes he was sure about. He convinced me, so when I was sure the changes were correct it was good for the confidence between us and good for the teamwork,” he added.

Zyzik is expected to remain alongside Neuville for the final three rounds of the season in Spain, Great Britain and Australia.

It is also looking increasingly likely that Neuville will stay at Hyundai in 2017. He has been linked with possible moves to Citroën and Toyota but said his future should be confirmed before the WRC’s next round in Spain next week.

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/october-2016/neuville-engineer/page/3946--12-12-.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

stefanvv
4th October 2016, 19:58
Interesting

sete
4th October 2016, 21:19
my photo gallery from Corsica
http://www.rally-mania.cz/photogallery.php?id=1485

spiderem
5th October 2016, 07:46
i don't know if it has been mentioned before, but could ostberg slow speed this season be due to change of co-driver too? (not saying Ola Floene is a bad co-driver at all, more the fact that the pair maybe doesn't really work well together).

noel157
5th October 2016, 08:02
i don't know if it has been mentioned before, but could ostberg slow speed this season be due to change of co-driver too? (not saying Ola Floene is a bad co-driver at all, more the fact that the pair maybe doesn't really work well together).

Hasn't up to speed for some time, sure it's possible co-driver is a factor but I suspect the issue is more about the driver.

Simmi
5th October 2016, 11:37
Hasn't up to speed for some time, sure it's possible co-driver is a factor but I suspect the issue is more about the driver.

Agreed. I think it's a right foot issue.

itix
6th October 2016, 20:06
I guess a portion of it is the car and the other half is Østberg not being so good a driver to begin with. Stack those two together and you have the results he is currently achieving.

Eric
7th October 2016, 14:53
You can't compare to Latvala this year. He has had his worst season ever and a lot of it is down to bad luck (even if some of it is down to his own form).

Also like denkimi I wonder about his room for improvement

Mikkelsen is the youngest driver in the WRC. Take a look at the standings in the championship and you will see that he is the worlds second best rally driver. Ofcourse he is a possible world champion within 2-3 years. His driving on tarmac is improving every season and his top speed is as good as (or as in Portugal, better then) Ogiers. I think we will see Neuville and Mikkelsen on the top when Ogier retires.
Meeke is crazy fast when things are good, but remember that he is driving with no pressure this season. Im looking forward to see how he will handle the pressure in 2017:) Hopefully he will be able to chase down the VWs!

nafpaktos
7th October 2016, 21:52
his top speed is as good as (or as in Portugal, better then) Ogiers.

Good one

denkimi
7th October 2016, 22:29
His driving on tarmac is improving every season and his top speed is as good as (or as in Portugal, better then) Ogiers.
i doubt that.

i believe ogier has evolved his driving this year. in his early years he was going for every second, for every stage win. therefore he regularly made a mistake.
nowadays, he drives like loeb. not at 100%, but a 98%. fast enough to win the rally and therefore the championship, but slow enough to avoid making mistakes.

in my opinion, if ogier wants and needs to, he can drive quite a bit faster than he is driving at the moment.

Eric
8th October 2016, 12:30
Good one

So Portugal, what was that...? Just a lie?
Ofcourse Ogier is a better driver then Mikkelsen in 90% of the rally , no doubt. But at that rally Mikkelsen showed that his top speed is just as good as (or in this case, better then) Ogiers. Give both Mikkelsen and Neuville 6 years and a lot of experience and we will see that their top speed is pretty good :D

dimviii
8th October 2016, 12:50
Ofcourse Ogier is a better driver then Mikkelsen in 90% of the rally , no doubt. But at that rally Mikkelsen showed that his top speed is just as good as (or in this case, better then) Ogiers. Give both Mikkelsen and Neuville 6 years and a lot of experience and we will see that their top speed is pretty good :D

thats not logic.
you cant choose one rally and make statements for any driver.

AL14
8th October 2016, 14:11
thats not logic.
you cant choose one rally and make statements for any driver.

It's not one rally, it's a couple of stages on sunday. :)

AndyRAC
8th October 2016, 14:50

Are you familiar with the saying "too small a sample size"? Because that is exactly that. Mikkelsen has to show that speed all year long.......not 1 or 2 stages..

nafpaktos
8th October 2016, 20:49
. Give both Mikkelsen and Neuville 6 years and a lot of experience and we will see that their top speed is pretty good :D

Ogier from the beginning of his carreer showed TOP TOP speed with minor experience and ability to win stages and rallies,against a top driver called LOEB.

A FONDO
9th October 2016, 17:20

i doubt mikkelsen has room to improve. people sometimes seem to forget that he has done in total more rally's than ogier or meeke.
it's his 4th season with vw for christ sake, he really isn't going to improve much. certainly not enough to become a real challenger for ogier.

Mikkelsen's problem is the experience from his first rallies as a rich privateer boy. He's still struggling to cure the bad habits of nervous/emotional car control. When you drive unclear, these "additional" moves slow you down even if you are pushing as hell. Ogier with the same car is precise like a train on rails, his every arm/foot move is considered and needed. At the end of the day he is faster and more relaxed. Meeke is also very precise this season.

kiil
9th October 2016, 21:48

You are aware that Mikkelsen has done around 60 WRC rallies in a WRC car by now? Ogier around 90, so about 2 years more should be sufficient to have the same WRC experience as Ogier. And then we're not taking into account that Mikkelsen has done around 20 rallies more than Ogier if we count all starts.