PDA

View Full Version : First onboard lap from Baku

dj_bytedisaster
3rd June 2016, 11:49
They tested the Baku circuit with a GP3 car. That track looks properly quick and quite a bit bonkers, although most of that comes from the dodgy looking temporary walls, which are not what they will be like during the actual event.

https://youtu.be/EQgAET0KczI

zako85
3rd June 2016, 13:21
The first two thirds of the track look like a "stereotypical" street track. Lots of straights followed by 90 degree turns. Say hello to IndyCar racing. Those straights look long enough to allow cars with the best engines and the lower downforce to pass. My guess it will favor Mercedes.

dj_bytedisaster
3rd June 2016, 13:28
The first two thirds of the track look like a "stereotypical" street track. Lots of straights followed by 90 degree turns. Say hello to IndyCar racing. Those straights look long enough to allow cars with the best engines and the lower downforce to pass. My guess it will favor Mercedes.

In some ways it reminds me of Adelaide. That castle section T8-T11 will be an almost guaranteed red flag if someone Maldoadoes his car though. Properly bonkers section that.

Pretty much every track favours Mercedes except Monaco and Singapore.

AndyL
3rd June 2016, 13:55
Williams fancy their chances there too.

zako85
3rd June 2016, 15:09
Williams fancy their chances there too.

Considering how much Williams struggled against Force India recently... They need a reboot for the next season. I don't know what it means, but they need a change.

Nitrodaze
4th June 2016, 03:29
Baku looks like an engine track, the Mercedes would look good on this track. It does not look challenging like Monaco or Singapore, l doubt the drivers would be excited about it. But it definitely looks like racing there would be entertaining.