PDA

View Full Version : Driver of The Race

dj_bytedisaster
1st May 2016, 17:35
None of our traditional two threads?

Corrected.

For me : Alonso - sixth in that crapbox is amazing.

Honourary mentions:

Rosberg: First Grand Chelem - well done
Vettel: Best Team Radio since Juan Pablo Montoya :D

steveaki13
1st May 2016, 18:28
Driver of the Race for me is:

Fernando Alonso - Same as you Dj. He drove an amazing race in that car to stay way ahead of better cars.

Other mentions:
Nico Rosberg - Another dominant win and an amazing 8 in a row.
Lewis Hamilton - Good drive to come from 10th to 2nd and was catching Nico until his problem
Kevin Magnussen - Solid drive as well to get points for Renault.
Romain Grosjean - Same as. They had struggled lately but 8th and 4 points was good.
Sergio Perez - puncture on lap 1. Helped by SC I know but 9th was a good effort.

Tazio
1st May 2016, 18:31
Driver of the Race for me is:

Fernando Alonso - Same as you Dj. He drove an amazing race in that car to stay way ahead of better cars.

Other mentions:
Nico Rosberg - Another dominant win and an amazing 8 in a row.
Lewis Hamilton - Good drive to come from 10th to 2nd and was catching Nico until his problem
Kevin Magnussen - Solid drive as well to get points for Renault.
Romain Grosjean - Same as. They had struggled lately but 8th and 4 points was good.
Sergio Perez - puncture on lap 1. Helped by SC I know but 9th was a good effort.
I concur

gm99
1st May 2016, 18:39
Alonso and Magnussen.

dj_bytedisaster
1st May 2016, 20:48
Extra mention for Niki Lauda after his hilarious interview on Austrian TV. (He was asked about Kvyat)

"If I was Vettel, I would have killed him. Horrible. You can't just drive up the arse of everyone like an idiot. Vettel does everything right and he just rear-ends him. More idiotic and annoying is not possible."

LOL. Niki Nazionale at his best.

Mia 01
1st May 2016, 22:00
Kimi, he got a podium in that garbage.

N4D13
2nd May 2016, 00:15
Whoops, I sent the same thing twice!

N4D13
2nd May 2016, 00:16
I'm going to nominate Rosberg instead. Yes, he had a relatively easy race, but he got a bloody grand chelem. That's an automatic DoTR award in my book.

Hamilton and Alonso were fine, although to be honest, none of them did an outstanding job. The high attrition in the first few corners probably made their races look better than would have been the case otherwise, particularly in Nando's case. P6 with the Macca is always an achievement, but it's a lot easier if Vettel, Verstappen and the RBRs are out of your way.

Tazio
2nd May 2016, 00:50
but he got a bloody grand chelem. That's an automatic DoTR award in my book.p
I thought that the grand chelem included leading all three practices as well.

Edit:
f1.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Chelem
I stand corrected! :uhoh::grenade:

Rollo
2nd May 2016, 02:41
Vettel.

He and Kimi should just quit F1 and do a comedy podcast about politics, death, Mars and third tier English Football.

Koz
2nd May 2016, 03:11
Kimi, he got a podium in that garbage.

Kimi was asleep at when the safety car went in, if he hadn't been jumped by Bottas he may well have finished second. I say he's a donkey.

anfield5
2nd May 2016, 05:33
Don't normally pick the winner if he is in the best car, but can't look past Nico R, did everything right... again - can't fault him in any way.

Also mention to Alonso just as faultless as Nico and 6th for the horrible Honda was astonishingly good.

Also cudos to K Mag, Grosjean and Marcus Ericsson all drove well.

A FONDO
2nd May 2016, 08:55
Lewis recovered pretty well from the middle of the pack and was about to reach Rosberg when the team stopped him.

henners88
2nd May 2016, 10:05
Alonso and Hamilton in that order.

dj_bytedisaster
2nd May 2016, 11:31
Lewis recovered pretty well from the middle of the pack and was about to reach Rosberg when the team stopped him.

Not the team stopped him, a water leak did. Even when Merc told him the problem had stabilized, he was slower than Räikkönen for most of the rest of the race. I don't think he would have done that voluntarily. It's really annoying how little credit people are willing to give where it is due. Rosberg is simply better than in the last two years, not the least due to coming into the season with the confidence of having beaten Lewis fair and square three times in a row at the end of last year.

I think Toto Wolff made it abundantly clear yesterday what he thinks of those, who come out with conspiracy theories.

schmenke
2nd May 2016, 14:34
Not the team stopped him, a water leak did. Even when Merc told him the problem had stabilized, ....

I couldn't help but wonder how a water leak "stabilizes"? :s

dj_bytedisaster
2nd May 2016, 18:13
I couldn't help but wonder how a water leak "stabilizes"? :s

Turning down the engine even further than they do to begin with? Main cooling is still provided by air. would explain why HAM was suddenly slower than Räikkönen, and the latter was hopeless to begin with.

N. Jones
2nd May 2016, 19:49
Fernando!