PDA

View Full Version : Massa's character could change Ferrari's plans?

DimitraF1
24th April 2007, 23:57
Massa may become the tifosi's number 1!His hot character makes all ferrari funs love this guy.kimi on the other side, his podium and press conference behaviour,makes mika hakkinen looks a very sweet and with feelings guy.
we saw that ferrari hire kimi raikkonen because, as it is obvious they didn't count felipe massa as a champion material..now massa finds the car easier to drive,and as kimi have some problems in the car they may have plans to push massa to be the team leader after 2-3 races...whats your view?

Valve Bounce
25th April 2007, 01:46
While in Bologna, I got up at 4.45 am to watch the GP and I found out that the tifosi don't care who their driver is as long as Ferrari wins.

rlenis
25th April 2007, 01:47
this could very well be the case if Kimi keeps pushing the wrong buttons on the starts.

Valve Bounce
25th April 2007, 02:03
this could very well be the case if Kimi keeps pushing the wrong buttons on the starts.

Yeah!! the increase volume button on the radio doesn't help all that much. :p :

leopard
25th April 2007, 11:19
btw, change plans from what to what? ;)

My interpretation is, Kimi initially hired by Ferrari because he is an experienced driver and deserved #1 driver than their existing driver, Felippe Massa, that was only a nobody, isn't it?

Kimi is now tied with two Mc Larens leading the championship, and in the standing is still above Massa even though he claims that he has technical problem and isn't yet fully comfortable with the car.

The hot style of Massa might become point of interest and the Tiffosi might also infatuated by that style.

This means Ferrari would change from Kimi to Massa because he is hot to whom they rely the title on? time will tell.

But usually red car has strong relation with hot, chili, and pepper :)

ioan
25th April 2007, 13:56
Who says Felipe would be trailing Kimi if his car wouldn't have left him down in Oz? He out qualified Kimi in both races since then.

raphael123
25th April 2007, 15:03
Who says Felipe would be trailing Kimi if his car wouldn't have left him down in Oz? He out qualified Kimi in both races since then.

I agree :up:
I think Massa, but for his mechanical failure in Oz, and his mistake in Malaysia, would be leading the title.

ioan
25th April 2007, 15:30
I agree :up:
I think Massa, but for his mechanical failure in Oz, and his mistake in Malaysia, would be leading the title.

His mistake in Malaysia is simply not forgivable, he deserved what he got.
But in Oz it was not his mistake, and he might have won that race if allowed by the car to fight for a good qualifying position (all this of course based on his recent show of speed).

raphael123
25th April 2007, 15:38
His mistake in Malaysia is simply not forgivable, he deserved what he got.
But in Oz it was not his mistake, and he might have won that race if allowed by the car to fight for a good qualifying position (all this of course based on his recent show of speed).

True true :)

Still...we're all prone to 'desastrous' mistakes eh :D

ioan
25th April 2007, 15:41
True true :)

Still...we're all prone to 'desastrous' mistakes eh :D

Well I'm concentrating on finding pictures of the Leyton House CG901 at the moment (for a scale build) and could give less about spelling Ron's memory's attributes. ;)

Sleeper
25th April 2007, 19:23
I dont know, he got thouroughly out raced by Kimi at Sepang, andout raced Kim in Bahrain so I'd say their even at the moment, but it did look like Kimi had the edge on Massa, who looked rattled, in Melbourne.

Raikkonen says his problem is qualifying, if it is and he gets it sorted, I dont see Massa keeping up with him unless he puts in performances like that in Bahrain every time, and I dont think he can.

93VTEC
25th April 2007, 19:44
It's one thing to be fast over one lap, a whole other to consistently be fast, lap after lap in the race. Kimi as fast and consistent, something Massa can only dream of.

IMHO Kimi will show Massa the way this season.

Ian McC
25th April 2007, 20:53
I think whichever of their drivers has the most points at the end of the season will be considered their number 1 ;)

Valve Bounce
25th April 2007, 23:14
I think whichever of their drivers has the most points at the end of the season will be considered their number 1 ;)

Maybe Ferrari will consider having two #1's. :p :

Rollo
26th April 2007, 02:51
If Ferrari have a number one and a number two, will they remember to wipe?

I think that it's too early in the year to say anything. Remember that David Coulthard twice led the World Championship at the beginning of the year, and neither of those translated into anything.

The actual trends will emerge, it's just that there's not enough data yet.

akv89
26th April 2007, 03:22
Massa may become the tifosi's number 1!His hot character makes all ferrari funs love this guy.
Since when did Massa become a "hot character" :s . From what I can tell, he doesn't come out to the public anymore than any of the other drivers.

Valve Bounce
26th April 2007, 03:37
If Ferrari have a number one and a number two, will they remember to wipe?

I think that it's too early in the year to say anything. Remember that David Coulthard twice led the World Championship at the beginning of the year, and neither of those translated into anything.

The actual trends will emerge, it's just that there's not enough data yet.

When did DC drive for Ferrari? :confused: :p :

raphael123
26th April 2007, 08:24
I dont know, he got thouroughly out raced by Kimi at Sepang, andout raced Kim in Bahrain so I'd say their even at the moment, but it did look like Kimi had the edge on Massa, who looked rattled, in Melbourne.

Raikkonen says his problem is qualifying, if it is and he gets it sorted, I dont see Massa keeping up with him unless he puts in performances like that in Bahrain every time, and I dont think he can.

In fairness to Massa, he was completely blocked by Heidfeld, so he couldn't compete with Kimi.

If we look at the practice times, and qualifying though, Massa was quicker than Kimi in all the friday's practice sessions, as well as saturday, and in qualifying (Q1&2&3!). And he had the fastest lap - nearly 0.4s quicker than Kimi. On that evidence, I'd say Massa was the quicker of the two.

However, Kimi doesn't make mistakes like Massa does, and deservedly scored more points. But so far, I'd say Massa has shown to be the quickest driver this year, when you look at the practice sessions, the qualifying sessions, and the races :) Quickest doesn't always mean best though :p :

leopard
26th April 2007, 08:54
yeah agree, Massa is the quickest than everyone, and agree again that quickest doesn't mean the best, but it's more as a way to be the best :)

That is Massa, the quickest and the messiest man :D