PDA

View Full Version : kris meeke

wia5958
11th December 2015, 22:03
Ok so if you were kris meeke. Where would you sign. Toyota long term commitment from a team who obviously want him or citroen where at the end of wales rally gb your boss wasnt even talking to you about renewing a contract?

EstWRC
11th December 2015, 22:05
Theres a thread about meeke already...

itix
11th December 2015, 22:13
Der order-führer (me) approves above message!

EstWRC
11th December 2015, 22:26
aaand its here http://www.motorsportforums.com/showthread.php?31053-Kris-meeke-the-fastest-driver-with-no-seat

AL14
11th December 2015, 23:25
aaand its here http://www.motorsportforums.com/showthread.php?31053-Kris-meeke-the-fastest-driver-with-no-seat

It's funny to read that thread. It shows how most of the time we have no idea about drivers.

N.O.T
11th December 2015, 23:48
At his age he should sign with the one that gives him the most money.

wia5958
11th December 2015, 23:50
I actually searched to see if could find a meeke thread before starting it must of over looked sorry

306 Cosworth
12th December 2015, 12:49
Don't be sorry, no one has posted on the old one since august so this thread is more relevant.

AndyRAC
12th December 2015, 13:27
It's a tough one; but go with what you know: Citroen. Spend next year testing & developing the new car, whilst hopefully getting some outings.

Theres too many ifs, buts & maybes with Toyota/ Makinen. The VW Polo first ran in November 2011, and tested thoroughly throughout 2012, in addition to running a team in 2012 with the S2000 Fabia. To take on and beat VW Toyota should be doing the same.

Neither situation is perfect, especially at this stage in his career - that's why it's a tough one.

GigiGalliNo1
12th December 2015, 13:38
Delete thread

wia5958
12th December 2015, 18:14
Thanks andy. Plus theres the fact the old thread is titled fastest driver without a seat bit ironic considering he now has 2 on offer

Rally Power
12th December 2015, 19:00
At his age he should sign with the one that gives him the most money.

I'll have to agree with you on this one...

Meeke is needed by Citro or Toy because there's no other fast and experienced driver available for a full testing season in 2016.

Probably in 2017 both makes will have new number one drivers in their lineup (Neuville and Latvala) and it will be difficult for Meeke to have world title aspirations.

So what really matters is to get a well paid contract that assures a WRC seat for many years.

dimviii
12th December 2015, 19:04
i really cant think which one will be the best choice for Meeke.Difficult situation for him,with many pros and cons for both sides.
I tend to agree with NOT at this one.
Who is going to design the new Toyota? have we got any info so far?

Simmi
12th December 2015, 19:17
Hard to say what is best when none of us know what exactly is on the table in terms of length of contract, wage, 2016 programme etc.

I think Citroen (or rather Matton) has mismanaged the situation and appears to have gone from a stand-offish position with Meeke to really wanting to sign him. If Meeke wants to feel loved he might appreciate the moves Makinen is making. But he also has to factor in the likelihood that Latvala probably arrives in that Finnish-based team in 12 months and that will massively shift the dynamic.

You'd imagine Citroen's new car will be quicker out of the box. Kris would likely be able to have more say in the development. Would Makinen give him as much of a say, particularly if he already has Hirvonen/Hanninen there to do testing. There are vastly fewer unknowns then there are with Toyota. People say the Toyota will be good in a few years - but Citroen now have the budget to go out and improve their cars again too. Plus if they can give him a decent chunk of rallies next year then that's a huge plus.

I'd like to see Meeke re-sign with Citroen.

Nornbugger
12th December 2015, 19:31
I'll have to agree with you on this one...

Meeke is needed by Citro or Toy because there's no other fast and experienced driver available for a full testing season in 2016.

Probably in 2017 both makes will have new number one drivers in their lineup (Neuville and Latvala) and it will be difficult for Meeke to have world title aspirations.

So what really matters is to get a well paid contract that assures a WRC seat for many years.

I think with equal equipment Meeke would be a match for Latvala or Neuville.

I hope he goes with Toyota and hopefully R5 outings in '16 as outlined by Lundefaret in another thread. I don't think Citroen have any understanding or appreciation about drivers, they lucked in with Loeb and Ogier.

Rally Power
13th December 2015, 20:21
I think with equal equipment Meeke would be a match for Latvala or Neuville.

Agree, but would Meeke be allowed to match Latvala or Neuville if they get 1st driver status at VW or Citro?