PDA

View Full Version : Will you watch F1 in 2016?

steveaki13
29th November 2015, 19:31
So with the season over I can without doubt say I have not enjoyed a season less in my time watching.

Typified by commentators trying to conjure a battle between Mercedes up all race that was never there and Mercedes turning Rosbergs engine up because Lewis didn't turn his down or something towards the end.

F1 where it proves Mercedes could just script every race.

I have never felt such apathy to a sport I once loved. Even 2014 I enjoyed a fair bit.

However I miss a sport where its more about the drivers racing cars and we have epic championship battles and races. Where the teams don't seem to run every aspect of the sport.

I found myself almost switching off an F1 race for the first time ever through boredom today. I seriously wonder whether I will watch F1 in 2016. Un imaginable to me a few years ago.

What do you guys think now the season is over?

Stan Reid
29th November 2015, 21:35
I won't watch much of it because I have cut the apron strings and gone OTA but I see where you're coming from. This is supposed to be a sport not a social statement. If you don't want to run real racing cars and go green then there is already a racing series for you-bicycle racing.

N. Jones
29th November 2015, 22:52
I thought about not watching next year but I know I will be looking at the websites to find out when the first race begins. It's a habit now and while a lot of racing was boring that is what the DVR is for.

Rollo
29th November 2015, 23:08
RUPERT ****ING MURDOCH :angryfire:

Ten Network Holdings (which is 15% owned by Foxtel) haven't yet comfirmed that they will be showing any races at all in 2016, let alone the one hour highlights package. We were bombarded with adverts towards the end of the GP in Abu Dhabi for Foxtel.
For me to watch F1 in 2016, Foxtel will demand $761 from me; which is up from $0 in 2014.

F1 is already teetering on the brink. I hope that the troll and the mad uncle find lots of Chinese and Indian people to hold to ransom because repeatedly kicking Europe in the face and knifing America, Canada Australia, Japan and Korea in the head, isn't securing the future of the sport as far as I can tell.

Lotus weren't sure what they would do in '16, Toro Rosso and Red Bull couldn't secure engines and Marussia and Sauber were kind of close to closing the doors; all of which are likely due to the same root cause of Bernie squeezing the pennies so hard, that they're screaming.

Grundo Farb
30th November 2015, 03:20
A friend in Singapore normally hires a hotel room with a bunch of Finnish and Scandinavian friends as the hotel is directly on the track, looks down on 13 corners and you can watch from the balcony, TV highlights on and have the comforts of a hotel room. I went and watched it from there live 5 years ago and it was fantastic, the noise was amazing, things were happening in the race - it was a great experience.

This was their last year, he told me on the weekend they aren't doing it again as it is so boring. He said half the guys didn't turn up on the Sunday night as they found even the qualifying experience boring. The cars sound terrible, the racing is dull and he felt it has become no longer about the pinnacle of Motorsport but is now about an all encompassing entertainment - watch some cars then go to a concert.

My biggest problem with it is I don't believe the best drivers are in F1 anymore. I also find the reliance on technology terrible, when Martin Brundle is explaining that the small grains of rubber that get stuck in the gaps in the wings can have a dramatic effect on handling then the sport has lost the plot.

I now follow other motorsport much more closely as it is exciting. MotoGP, WRC two examples - spectacular to watch and things happen.

henners88
30th November 2015, 07:28
I only watched 4 full races this year so my commitment has already dropped lower than it has in over 25 years. I will probably watch the same next season and make do with reading about it mostly. It's a mix of the racing being dull and half of the coverage going to Sky. I do have sky coverage at home but only to watch live and that is something I can rarely do with a young family. It's generally made me lose interest.

Storm
30th November 2015, 07:47
I really wanted to get back into F1 after the disappointment of last year with the stupid new engines and rules but the racing this year has just been worse. Add a huge timezone jump for me and it may not be possible to watch a lot of races. Unless something drastically different happens in Melbourne there is no point being glued to the screen for 2 hours every alternate Sunday (at odd times!). Still I will most likely watch a GP in person next year though :)

Mia 01
30th November 2015, 11:57
I will Watch Everything as Always.

Starter
30th November 2015, 14:35
(Most of) the races are on at eight in the morning here in the eastern US. I'll watch some of them if I remember, but probably not even half. F1 doesn't get me excited any longer and the same can be said for IndyCar. Both have been dumbed down to where they don't resemble the sports I used to love. There's not a lot of real competition anymore where what car you are in determines where you will finish. The exact opposite is true of IndyCar, all the cars are the same which takes the technical aspect of the sport away. While some of the drivers are quite good, the cars in both series almost drive themselves these days. Where's the fun in that?

zako85
30th November 2015, 16:43
Note this pattern:

2010: good
2011: boring
2012: good
2013: boring
2014: good (barely)
2015: boring
2016: ..?

As long as Formula 1 continues alternating consistently between "good" and "boring" seasons, I am willing to watch the season that follows a "boring" one hoping that there will be a change. Granted, right now the writing on the wall is saying that the next season will be very similar to 2015.

Having said that, I gotta say that I look forward to watching MotoGP and Formula E racing too. This year, MotoGP was epic, as usual. The MotoGP races last only one hour and are true sprint races, always with good battles. The first Formula E season was also surprisingly good. IndyCar.. well that's something I watch recorded on my tablet while working out on a cardio machine, after all it's less boring than not watching anything during a workout. IndyCar is actually usually pretty fun to watch, but you have to accept relatively amateurish (Maldonadoesque) nature of most of its drivers, bizarre season schedule, and an endless succession of mediocre street races.

Nitrodaze
30th November 2015, 21:00
I would bet my trousers that you guys are going to watch F1 in 2016. Ok at least one race. Tell you why, You would want to see if Ferrari has closed the gap to Mercedes, at least enough to consistently win races. You would want to see if Honda can bring a better engine in 2016 and watch Alonso or Button put the Mclaren on the podium for the first time in three years or even longer. You would also want to see if the Haas team can live up to its promise of mixing it in the midfield in their first year. Also you would want to see what 2016 holds for Redbull, do they drift further back due to engine issues.

A more curious prospect is whether Rosberg can carry his current form into 2016 to reproduce the tense battle of 2014.

2015 has been boring because Rosberg did not turn up until after Hamilton had sealed the drivers title. Also because Ferrari are still too far behind to give Mercedes something to think about. But more so because Mercedes were running one strategy on both cars, hence a driver that did not qualify in front is stuck behind for the whole race. Then there is the crap regulations that has crippled Honda and Renault, consequently Redbull and Mclaren.

That said, there were some great moments; Vettel winning a few races for Ferrari. Young Verstapenn overtakes. Kimi and Bottas rivalry

Zico
30th November 2015, 21:51
Yep^..

Other than Spa and Monaco I've really not been bothered if I watched the races live or even if I hadn't remembered to record them this season... but if its a lot closer in 2016 (which I think it will be) then I definately will.

Storm
30th November 2015, 21:56
^^I think more than Rosberg finally turning up, Hamilton was on vacation mode after the title.
For all his so-called greatness,professionalism and work ethic, I doubt this would have happened to Schumacher or Alonso.

The Black Knight
1st December 2015, 09:02
^^I think more than Rosberg finally turning up, Hamilton was on vacation mode after the title.
For all his so-called greatness,professionalism and work ethic, I doubt this would have happened to Schumacher or Alonso.

Agreed. Whether he wants to admit it or not, partying like he does is going to negatively affect his on track performance and no more proof of that than the last couple of weeks. While I still count him as one of the fastest ever, I don't know if I'll ever be able to count Hamilton as one of the true all time greats but time will tell.

I'll always watch F1 no matter.

jens
1st December 2015, 17:14
Well...

I counted, how many races I watched this year (2015), and realized I still watched more than half. So not too bad.

Anyway. It dawned me in late 2013, when Vettel was winning race-after-race, that I was sort-of worn out by F1. It was then, when I took the decision - hey, I do not need to watch every single race. If I don't feel like watching I can skip them. And sure enough, in both 2014 and 2015 I have missed races. The downside is that you can obviously miss an odd good race as well.

So... probably I will watch F1 in 2016. But I will miss races, probably even more races than this year. So a gradual downscaling.:) But I don't think I will completely abandon F1 either. I still feel way too much connection to it to keep following. While I have almost completely abandoned following quite a number of other sports I for instance followed 10-15 years ago.

Starter
1st December 2015, 17:35
Agreed. Whether he wants to admit it or not, partying like he does is going to negatively affect his on track performance and no more proof of that than the last couple of weeks. While I still count him as one of the fastest ever, I don't know if I'll ever be able to count Hamilton as one of the true all time greats but time will tell.

There's another way to look at it though. Having clinched the championship, Hamilton may have eased off a little in the interest of harmony in the team, not to mention getting a 1-2 for Mercedes.

Jag_Warrior
1st December 2015, 18:48

Yes, I think that Lewis talked himself into believing that he was a racing god, and that he could drink, dance & play all night... at the same time that Nico felt that his manhood was at stake. So while Lewis was wandering the streets of Monaco at 3AM, Nico was shaking his fists and screaming to the sky, "I ain't no punk! I ain't no punk!" I've been a Lewis fan since his junior formula days. And this late season iteration of the lad has been fairly pathetic, IMO. If he wants to be like Senna, then don't act a fool, like some empty-headed, s### talking rapper.

As for watching F1 next season, unless I die before the season starts, I will watch every single race - just like always. I'm unable to watch them live these days, but my DVR sessions are treated like live events. Even if there's only one good pass all of next season, I want to see that one good pass.

The Black Knight
1st December 2015, 20:06
There's another way to look at it though. Having clinched the championship, Hamilton may have eased off a little in the interest of harmony in the team, not to mention getting a 1-2 for Mercedes.

Sorry, but that's a load of rubbish. No driver is going to do that.

Yes, I think that Lewis talked himself into believing that he was a racing god, and that he could drink, dance & play all night... at the same time that Nico felt that his manhood was at stake. So while Lewis was wandering the streets of Monaco at 3AM, Nico was shaking his fists and screaming to the sky, "I ain't no punk! I ain't no punk!" I've been a Lewis fan since his junior formula days. And this late season iteration of the lad has been fairly pathetic, IMO. If he wants to be like Senna, then don't act a fool, like some empty-headed, s### talking rapper.

As for watching F1 next season, unless I die before the season starts, I will watch every single race - just like always. I'm unable to watch them live these days, but my DVR sessions are treated like live events. Even if there's only one good pass all of next season, I want to see that one good pass.

Yeah, he might have 3 championships and, to be frank, I think he'd beat Senna over the course of a season as I've always felt Senna was over-rated anyway and that people's objectivity was lost just because of how he died. I don't count him among the all-time greats of the sport (as in top 5), personally. As for Lewis I don't count him there yet. The only one on the current grid I class as being an all time great is Alonso.

Starter
2nd December 2015, 03:47
Sorry, but that's a load of rubbish. No driver is going to do that.
Don't be too sure about that. The driver in question may not on his own, but the team may have other ideas.

Rollo
2nd December 2015, 04:16
As for Lewis I don't count him there yet. The only one on the current grid I class as being an all time great is Alonso.

Schumacher
Fangio
Prost
Vettel

The only four drivers to have won four or more.

Javi013
2nd December 2015, 08:08
I will always be watching F1 full races

Yeah it sucks this year, and probably will be the same in 2016... But I won't stop following this

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

The Black Knight
2nd December 2015, 08:11
Schumacher
Fangio
Prost
Vettel

The only four drivers to have won four or more.

Schumacher, Fangio, Alonso and Prost I count among the all time greats. I can't say the same about Vettel, unfortunately, given his whipping from Danny Boy last year. People can excuse it all they want but it was a whipping. I can't think of any other "great" driver in his prime that got whipped like that. And there's no doubting Vettel is a great driver but is he amongst the all time greats? Maybe! I guess we'll see in time.

The Black Knight
2nd December 2015, 08:29
Don't be too sure about that. The driver in question may not on his own, but the team may have other ideas.

These kind of rubbish stories do break my balls and have absolutely no foundation other than some desperate reporter trying to make a headline out of nothing. Moreover, it's worse that such an experienced F1 follower might actually take note of them.

Nitrodaze
2nd December 2015, 09:05
As for Lewis I don't count him there yet. The only one on the current grid I class as being an all time great is Alonso.

The greatness of a driver comes from the number of titles they have won. Alonso is an exciting driver but not a great driver. Great drivers not only know how to win, they know how to ensure they are winning titles consistently and doing better than their last best achievement. Schumacher is the ultimate example. Vettel is demonstrating that trait. Hamilton has demonstrated that trait.

History seldom remembers the excuses but remembers reverently the successes and the titles won. Hence the top echelon of great drivers is as listed by Rollo.

jens
2nd December 2015, 11:02
Alonso is great and possibly has a claim to get rated inside top 10 of any all-time lists, even though there are lots of contenders for such positions (out of current grid Hamilton, Vettel and Alonso can all have a claim to get included there, let alone the many drivers from the past).

But there is no way I'd take Alonso above Senna. Alonso reminds me more of someone like Lauda. A fast, smart and consistent driver, who can maximize point scores. And of course Niki was a triple champ, and also benchmark of the field for a while.

zako85
2nd December 2015, 12:10
Schumacher, Fangio, Alonso and Prost I count among the all time greats. I can't say the same about Vettel, unfortunately, given his whipping from Danny Boy last year. People can excuse it all they want but it was a whipping. I can't think of any other "great" driver in his prime that got whipped like that. And there's no doubting Vettel is a great driver but is he amongst the all time greats? Maybe! I guess we'll see in time.

There are several examples of very fine drivers having one bad season.

Senna in 1992: Highly inconsistent. While driving arguably the second best car on the grid and with three victories, he finished WDC only in 4th spot, allowing Schumacher with just one win to clinch 3rd and Patrese also with one win to clinch 2nd, and finishing only one point ahead of his teammate, Berger.

Hamilton in 2011: Got embarrassed by Button, who managed to finish second in WDC.

I think the main problem Vettel had in 2014 is that he lost the fancy aero toolkit he was used to race with since 2009. Ricciardo came in with a Toro Rosso background, whose car probably was not so reliant on the aero diffuser effects the previous year. Confused and with car having incredibly bad reliability since the very testing part of the season and with significantly less hunger than Ricciardo, Vettel had probably subconsciously written the season off specially with his Ferrari plans already in place.

jens
2nd December 2015, 12:32
I found myself almost switching off an F1 race for the first time ever through boredom today. I seriously wonder whether I will watch F1 in 2016. Un imaginable to me a few years ago.

I remember I indeed did switch F1 off due to boredom during the 2004 Hungarian Grand Prix.:p: IIRC there was another sporting event going on at that moment too though.

yodasarmpit
2nd December 2015, 12:51
As with this year and past, i'll be watching it on Sky.

The Black Knight
2nd December 2015, 13:10
There are several examples of very fine drivers having one bad season.

Senna in 1992: Highly inconsistent. While driving arguably the second best car on the grid and with three victories, he finished WDC only in 4th spot, allowing Schumacher with just one win to clinch 3rd and Patrese also with one win to clinch 2nd, and finishing only one point ahead of his teammate, Berger.

Hamilton in 2011: Got embarrassed by Button, who managed to finish second in WDC.

I think the main problem Vettel had in 2014 is that he lost the fancy aero toolkit he was used to race with since 2009. Ricciardo came in with a Toro Rosso background, whose car probably was not so reliant on the aero diffuser effects the previous year. Confused and with car having incredibly bad reliability since the very testing part of the season and with significantly less hunger than Ricciardo, Vettel had probably subconsciously written the season off specially with his Ferrari plans already in place.

Both Hamilton and Button scored 3 wins in the 2011 season. Did Vettel score any last year? Yeah it was a bit of an off season for Hammy but it was one that was also blight with issues in the car and some silly errors towards the end of the season, yet he still won the 3 GP that year even though it was far from a top season for him. It was still nowhere near the humiliation Seb suffered at the hands of Danny. Besides, Danny was a relative new kid on the block compared to Button. Hamilton was able to prove that season a one off by beating Button again the next season. Seb, unfortunately, ran when the going got tough to a team with a driver no longer at his peak which, in all probability, is making him look better than he is in reality.

Losing the fancy aero toolkit is not an excuse. He's a 4 time WDC and making excuses for him like that is just desperation from people that don't want to admit they overhyped the guy to begin. There's no doubting he's a great driver but he has yet to show he's an all-time great. If he was an all-time great last year wouldn’t have been such an embarrassment for him.

Bezza
2nd December 2015, 15:52
I will still watch... its a habit! But...

Mercedes have been so far ahead they manufacture a 1-2 as much as possible, trying to keep both drivers happy. We want to see them unhappy!! We want to see Hamilton undercutting Rosberg and upsetting him. We want to see them fighting. And vice versa. We don't want to see endless Mercedes 1-2's were they have not allowed their drivers to race. Considering how far they are ahead in performance, I cannot see how they haven't allowed this. It would be great TV.

I also find it convenient how Williams get a Mercedes engine but never attempt to beat Mercedes when they get a chance to - see Austria 2014, Abu Dhabi 2014, Britain 2015.

Mercedes for me are manipulating the whole of F1. It was clear in Abu Dhabi that Hamilton was made an example of to make a point to him that Mercedes know best when it comes to strategy. He could've potentially made those tyres last until the end. As it happened, they made him pit from a no mans land position and gave him the slower tyres to finish with.

And then there is farcical DRS - I hate it. Slower cars - they need to be faster. Stupid tyres - they need to last longer at full whack.

The argument that keeps coming up is that by getting rid of DRS / increasing speed of cars / having refuelling - we will see LESS overtaking.

I don't care. For me, F1 is not about how much overtaking there is in any given race. Overtaking should NOT be easy. If you want overtaking, go watch NASCAR. DRS falsifies overtaking.

I want to see strategic battles on track, drivers free to race for themselves and not bound by their race engineers. The drivers are what the public want to see. They should make their own decisions. And... the occassional brilliant overtaking manoeuvre - not assisted by DRS, or shoddy Pirelli tyres.

There is much that could be done. It is so frustrating to watch my favourite sport in these circumstances.

Tazio
2nd December 2015, 16:59
I remember I indeed did switch F1 off due to boredom during the 2004 Hungarian Grand Prix.:p: IIRC there was another sporting event going on at that moment too though.
I actually didn't even bother turning this race on. That is something I have not done in many years. However I will be watching next year, although F1 has dropped interest wise below other sports that I follow.

steveaki13
2nd December 2015, 19:04
Bezza you are not around much, but you have come online and its almost as though I have your brain.....

I will still watch... its a habit! But...

Mercedes have been so far ahead they manufacture a 1-2 as much as possible, trying to keep both drivers happy. We want to see them unhappy!! We want to see Hamilton undercutting Rosberg and upsetting him. We want to see them fighting. And vice versa. We don't want to see endless Mercedes 1-2's were they have not allowed their drivers to race. Considering how far they are ahead in performance, I cannot see how they haven't allowed this. It would be great TV.

I agree totally. Mercedes are ruining F1. I know they have the right to collect 1-2s but although they claim
"letting the race" Its only a partial situation. Its almost like Ferrari early 2000s this season only Rosberg can challenge Hamlton and beat him occasionally.

I also find it convenient how Williams get a Mercedes engine but never attempt to beat Mercedes when they get a chance to - see Austria 2014, Abu Dhabi 2014, Britain 2015.

Mercedes for me are manipulating the whole of F1. It was clear in Abu Dhabi that Hamilton was made an example of to make a point to him that Mercedes know best when it comes to strategy. He could've potentially made those tyres last until the end. As it happened, they made him pit from a no mans land position and gave him the slower tyres to finish with. .

Same again. I agree. Mercedes want the 1-2. Hamilton would have been happy to chance making them last at the risk of pitting and ending up 4th. Instead Mercedes crush creative thinking.

And then there is farcical DRS - I hate it. Slower cars - they need to be faster. Stupid tyres - they need to last longer at full whack.

The argument that keeps coming up is that by getting rid of DRS / increasing speed of cars / having refuelling - we will see LESS overtaking.

I don't care. For me, F1 is not about how much overtaking there is in any given race. Overtaking should NOT be easy. If you want overtaking, go watch NASCAR. DRS falsifies overtaking. .

I wont start on DRS because I have ranted on it for a long time in the past and bored people here :p but you are right. I cant stand the "Hey we have seen 47 cars breeze past on a straight so its an exciting race" by the commentators and maybe some fans.

I would rather have a train getting held up battling for 20 laps and maybe 1 or 2 overtakes or even just brave attempts than a race of DRS passes.

I want to see strategic battles on track, drivers free to race for themselves and not bound by their race engineers. The drivers are what the public want to see. They should make their own decisions. And... the occassional brilliant overtaking manoeuvre - not assisted by DRS, or shoddy Pirelli tyres.

There is much that could be done. It is so frustrating to watch my favourite sport in these circumstances.

Engineers and Teams are having to much say. They tell the drivers what to press and how to drive and then crush them when a driver expresses an idea. They optimise the teams performance but make the sport terrible.

When it comes to it I will get excited for 2016 as ever, but in nearly every way in my mind F1 is heading or has already headed down the wrong path.

steveaki13
2nd December 2015, 19:06
I actually didn't even bother turning this race on. That is something I have not done in many years. However I will be watching next year, although F1 has dropped interest wise below other sports that I follow.

Mind you who cares about F1, we need to find out if the Pickems season exists and if so who is Champion.

Tazio
2nd December 2015, 21:27
Mind you who cares about F1, we need to find out if the Pickems season exists and if so who is Champion. Word dawg!!
I'm tired of wearing the crown so freakin' long! :champion: :p:

AndyL
3rd December 2015, 10:25

I don't care. For me, F1 is not about how much overtaking there is in any given race. Overtaking should NOT be easy. If you want overtaking, go watch NASCAR. DRS falsifies overtaking.

DRS is a bad solution to a problem, but it would be a mistake to get rid of it without addressing that problem in a better way. And it seems the teams are set against the right solution to the problem, i.e. single-plane front and rear wings of minimal size.

The problem isn't simply lack of overtaking. If overtaking doesn't interest you, you may find it easier to come to terms with DRS if you ignore the DRS overtakes. Just close your eyes when it happens :D and instead focus on the result, namely that the faster driver can drive faster, instead of spending half the race dawdling along and admiring the scenery from the caboose of the Trulli Train.

steveaki13
3rd December 2015, 21:11
DRS is a bad solution to a problem, but it would be a mistake to get rid of it without addressing that problem in a better way. And it seems the teams are set against the right solution to the problem, i.e. single-plane front and rear wings of minimal size.

The problem isn't simply lack of overtaking. If overtaking doesn't interest you, you may find it easier to come to terms with DRS if you ignore the DRS overtakes. Just close your eyes when it happens :D and instead focus on the result, namely that the faster driver can drive faster, instead of spending half the race dawdling along and admiring the scenery from the caboose of the Trulli Train.

But what about the art of defensive driving? That is an interesting aspect of racing?

As you say we could get rid of it if someone addressed the issue.

Starter
3rd December 2015, 21:36
But what about the art of defensive driving? That is an interesting aspect of racing?

As you say we could get rid of it if someone addressed the issue.
There is a very fine line between defensive driving and blocking. Often it's in the eye of the beholder.

Part of the problem with F1 is that the cars and tires have have become so good that the braking areas have dramatically shortened, thereby making overtaking extremely difficult unless your car is much faster on the straights or unless your driving is so superior you can go deeper into the corner without hitting the other car or going off course. That's part of the reason that one make of car can dominate a season. Look at the past World Champions on the grid who can't compete for wins. Are they suddenly journeyman drivers or worse? Hardly. And that's part of my personal problem with the current state of F1.

Bagwan
3rd December 2015, 21:37
I've been watching since all we could get was Monaco , back in the 60s somewhere .

And , now , the dawn of a new era of watching , with this cool android box thingy my son just stuck on the TV , it seems like I may now get more F1 than I have ever had before .
I can get it in numerous languages if I want .
All kinds of extras , movies , and docs .

Yeah , I'll be watching . I'm pretty sure .

OK , that's the watching part of it fixed .
Now , to fix F1 .

AndyL
4th December 2015, 10:20

It is, but there was a period before DRS where defensive driving was almost superfluous. The infamous Trulli trains that I mentioned weren't a result of forceful defense by Jarno, it was just nigh on impossible to even attempt a pass in those days.

Nitrodaze
4th December 2015, 10:37
There is a very fine line between defensive driving and blocking. Often it's in the eye of the beholder.

Defensive driving, l think is limited to one change of track position, blocking is more than one change of track position when the car behind is trying to pass. And is punishable by the stewards.

Overtaking is not harder now than the pre-KERS era. If anything it is much easier with DRS etc. Overtaking is at least 15% up on the KERS era and easily up to 30% up on pre-KERS era. The easily flat-spotted Pirelli tyres, penalizes overzealous late braking as witnessed with Verstapenn at Abu Dhabi. However, cars with great chassis such as the Mercedes and Redbull/Toro rosso chassis have better stability under breaking and cornering, hence can carry more speed through the corners. Thus they overtake more easily than cars with weaker chassis. This is my observation.

Storm
4th December 2015, 19:59
It is, but there was a period before DRS where defensive driving was almost superfluous. The infamous Trulli trains that I mentioned weren't a result of forceful defense by Jarno,...

whatever the case you are on thin ice here..enough talk about Trulli :D

(pino isn't online thesedays is it? ;) )

Matt Phelps
9th December 2015, 20:31
Bearing in mind I was born post-Hakkinen's double, I have watched F1 since 2006 and love it. I seek a future in the motorsport business and will continue to watch it throughout my life. Yes, 2015 was poor but it can only get better, especially with 22 cars.

odykas
11th January 2016, 19:14
Eyeing Silverstone and Suzuka :dozey:

Any views?

Rollo
24th January 2016, 12:42
If the news I heard on the radio tonight is any indication - NO. Channel 10 ain't gonna show anything. Foxtel finally did kick them in the face.

Stan Reid
24th January 2016, 14:37
It looks like three races will be OTA here in the US so those will be all I'll see unless something is on my internet. I will guess that the three will be Monaco, Canada and Austin.

RS
24th January 2016, 18:57
I've cancelled my Sky so will be watching on Channel 4 this year. Sky did a good job with the coverage but the racing was too boring. I'll be satisfied with what C4 are offering and it'll save me some money.

I think and hope it will be a bit better this year with Ferrari hopefully further closing the gap, McLaren and Red Bull hopefully improving and the new tyre rules might help (although again it is an artificial way of improving the racing)

JakefromWRC
22nd April 2016, 16:11
Yes actually. In fact this is my first year watching the sport... If I don't sleep in and miss the race.