PDA

View Full Version : Wrc2 2016

Pages : [1] 2

Sulland
19th November 2015, 21:52
I hope we see a strong field in WRC2 in 16.
Hopefully some top notch privateers will fight for the championship. And for people like Kubica, Prokop, Breen, Nasser, Lappi, Tidemand, Brynildsen, Bouffier, Lukyanuk, ++, but also some Oldies and Youngsters.

Rallyper
19th November 2015, 21:56
Great new thread Sulland!
Veiby and Bergkvist would be nice to have in WRC2 in 2016. Let´s see what happens.

RS
19th November 2015, 22:06
I guess Skoda will do a full campaign for Lappi and Tidemand. The question is do they send Kopecky too?

Although the entry list looked ok at the start of the year, 2015 wasn't much good in the end and would have been rubbish without Skoda joining.

Simmi
20th November 2015, 00:27
Who is confirmed so far then? Al-Attiyah, Parn, Aasen, Gilbert...

skarderud
20th November 2015, 09:35
Eyvind Brynhildsen will do wrc2 as far as i know.

Sulland
20th November 2015, 12:38
I am guessing Veiby also will jump up to R5 in 16. But if he will do WRC2 or ERC is hard to say.

JUF
20th November 2015, 14:26
I'm sure that we will also see Simone Tempestini in WRC2 next year. There is no lack of money, so what else he should do?

Simmi
20th November 2015, 14:38
I am guessing Veiby also will jump up to R5 in 16. But if he will do WRC2 or ERC is hard to say.

Will be interesting to see. In theory he has a good chance to take the JWRC title next year with the benefit of his experience. Maybe that plus a couple of additional outings in an R5 car could be a nice programme?

GustavK
20th November 2015, 14:59
Kruuda has a plan to do at least 7 rounds next year in WRC2 category

GigiGalliNo1
20th November 2015, 15:36
Al-Kuwari will do WRC2 in 2016 in an R5 Fiesta.... no more RRC

Simmi
20th November 2015, 15:48
Suninen will also be back for 7 WRC2 rounds in an R5 - https://twitter.com/rallyparadise/status/667354008672182273

SubaruNorway
20th November 2015, 15:50
Will be interesting to see. In theory he has a good chance to take the JWRC title next year with the benefit of his experience. Maybe that plus a couple of additional outings in an R5 car could be a nice programme?

He said he will maybe do a couple in WRC2

PLuto
20th November 2015, 17:22
I'm sure that we will also see Simone Tempestini in WRC2 next year. There is no lack of money, so what else he should do?

Are you sure? :)

JUF
20th November 2015, 19:09
Are you sure? :)
Ok, I´m not sure, but it was my guess :).

vino_93
21st November 2015, 11:32
Camilli has a deal to do 7 rounds in a Fabia R5 from Oreca (more exactly from 2C, run by Oreca) ... but he is free to join WRC if he is welcome :) (Auto Hebdo says that Wilson is interesting by him, but I don't know where Camilli could find money to join M-Sport)

cosmin_sb
21st November 2015, 20:44
I know that Tempestini will continue in JWRC next year again. This is what he said in Octomber this year. This year he drive 4 different cars : Ford R5 in national championship, Subara Impreza + Citroen DS3 R3T in WRC and 1 rally with Ford Fiesta WRC

Andre Oliveira
21st November 2015, 22:56
And Mitsubishi on sardegna: http://ewrc-results.com/driver_info.php?e=19124&d=831769&t=Rally-Italia-Sardegna-2015

Simmi
23rd November 2015, 22:32
Bit more on Suninen. Confirms he is looking to do full WRC2: http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc-2/news/2015/november/suninen-2016/page/3015--51-51-.html

Will be interesting to see how close to the title he could be with a full programme.

Rallyper
24th November 2015, 02:34
Regarding Suninen he should have some fair competition from Sweden as well. Wishful thinking should be Tidemand and Bergkvist.

PLuto
24th November 2015, 12:37
Tidemand will continue in WRC2, that is sure. I think that also Emil will go to WRC2, despite I think that ERC with 4WD car should be better for him...

Rallyper
24th November 2015, 13:26
Well, that discussion is ongoing in the ERC stepping stone topic on EC. Examples from both sides. Starting in WRC2 when enough talent shouldn´t be a problem though.

PLuto
24th November 2015, 17:51
Well, that discussion is ongoing in the ERC stepping stone topic on EC. Examples from both sides. Starting in WRC2 when enough talent shouldn´t be a problem though.

Nobody told that starting in WRC2 is a problem. I am only telling, that competition in ERC is better for younger drivers than to compete in WRC2, which is more about reliability and endurance.

Rallyper
25th November 2015, 00:11
The best for young drivers is to be WDC as soon as possible. WRC2 is one out of two ways becoming it.

PLuto
25th November 2015, 00:51
The best for young drivers is to be WDC as soon as possible. WRC2 is one out of two ways becoming it.

If you mean in WRC instead of WRC, I dont agree with you.

Rallyper
25th November 2015, 14:45
If you mean in WRC instead of WRC, I dont agree with you.

To be Drivers Champion (WDC) best thing must be to participate in same series asap. In a WRC car or WRC2.

Simmi
25th November 2015, 15:53
In Motorsport News today Malcolm Wilson said M-Sport may well run a works Fiesta R5 in WRC2 next year to showcase the new developments and take the fight to Skoda. He said to do this they are looking at putting a 'frontline driver' in the car, as he acknowledges that in Lappi, Tidemand and Kopecky that Skoda have the best drivers.

So commence speculation. It could be Elfyn I guess if he is being demoted? Kubica looks more likely to stay at WRC level judging by the rumours but who knows. Would Craig Breen be considered 'frontline'?

vino_93
25th November 2015, 17:07
It could be Camilli ... AutoHebdo said Wilson is impressed by him, and very interesting by his profil (Rallye Jeune FFSA).
I can't see him going in WRC, but an official drive in WRC2, it could be better for his future than a drive offered by TMG with Oreca.

Mirek
25th November 2015, 17:13
I thought I read somewhere that Camilli stays with Oreca which meanwhile switches to Fabia of 2C team (which is logical for Oreca).

PLuto
25th November 2015, 18:04
To be Drivers Champion (WDC) best thing must be to participate in same series asap. In a WRC car or WRC2.

Ok, but I still dont agree with you :)

manthey
26th November 2015, 00:00
I thought I read somewhere that Camilli stays with Oreca which meanwhile switches to Fabia of 2C team (which is logical for Oreca).

2c team is run on wrc2 by Oreca or which is the connections between the two teams?thanks

Mirek
26th November 2015, 00:05
I don't know who is in charge of the Fiesta used by Oreca now but for next season Oreca shall switch to Fabias using cars from 2C (as far as I read somewhere). Since Oreca has been working closely with Škoda since 2008 it sounds very logical. Recently Oreca is responsible for building and maintenance of all customer Fabia R5 engines. 2C on the other hand has been also working closely with Michelin providing cars for their tyre testing. Unfortunately I don't know any more details about the actual relationship of Oreca and 2C.

vino_93
26th November 2015, 00:08

His first plan is to stay with Oreca, but he has a clause to leave for an official team. (according AutoHebdo)

@Manthey : 2C is a french team, who owes the Fabia R5 which will be runned by Oreca.
They runned Camilli at Monte too.

RS
26th November 2015, 10:41
Recently Oreca is responsible for building and maintenance of all customer Fabia R5 engines.

Customer engines only or works ones too?

WUff1
26th November 2015, 10:43
Baumschlager is said not to maintain his Fabia R5 engines at Oreca anymore.

Mirek
26th November 2015, 11:01
Customer engines only or works ones too?

Works ones are completed and serviced by the works team itself but they have very limited capacity to take care of the whole customer program.

manthey
26th November 2015, 14:16
I don't know who is in charge of the Fiesta used by Oreca now but for next season Oreca shall switch to Fabias using cars from 2C (as far as I read somewhere). Since Oreca has been working closely with Škoda since 2008 it sounds very logical. Recently Oreca is responsible for building and maintenance of all customer Fabia R5 engines. 2C on the other hand has been also working closely with Michelin providing cars for their tyre testing. Unfortunately I don't know any more details about the actual relationship of Oreca and 2C.

His first plan is to stay with Oreca, but he has a clause to leave for an official team. (according AutoHebdo)

@Manthey : 2C is a french team, who owes the Fabia R5 which will be runned by Oreca.
They runned Camilli at Monte too.

thanks. so can I say that Oreca doesn't have the Fabia but is in charge to run the cars given his knowhow about the engine? Do you know if the car's setup is provided by 2C or Oreca?

vino_93
26th November 2015, 15:53
I think 2C just "give" them the cars, and Oreca is doing what they want with the setup.

JUF
26th November 2015, 23:23
Nicolás Fuchs will take part in seven WRC2-rounds next year with the Wevers-Fabia R5.

Simmi
27th November 2015, 12:04
Okay so far this seems to be the list:

Nasser Al-Attiyah
Abdulaziz Al-Kuwari (we think)
Esapekka Lappi
Pontus Tidemand
Teemu Suninen
Eric Camilli
Armin Kremer
Nicolas Fuchs
Eyvind Brynildsen (we think)
Karl Kruuda (we think)
Sander Parn
Marius Aasen
Quentin Gilbert
M-Sport Factory entry TBC

Looks good to me, even at this early stage!

tc10a
27th November 2015, 12:37
Armin Kremer is also confirmend for 7 WRC2 rounds in the BRR Skoda Fabia R5, starting in Monte Carlo.

nafpaktos
27th November 2015, 17:04
My money to Pontus!

Simmi
27th November 2015, 17:22
My money to Pontus!

This will be really interesting for me. Lappi is the golden boy - but presumably with that VW #9 car seat vacant for 2017 there is going to be a shootout next year between him and Pontus. Okay he got out-paced a couple of times this year on fast gravel rallies but overall I'm not sure if actually Pontus might be the guy who does the best?

dimviii
12th December 2015, 11:45
Maurin changed from Fiesta to skoda fabia r5

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ptaszek Fuchs and R5 Fabia with the Dutch team

No doubt: the Skoda Fabia R5 will be the car to beat in the WRC-2 next year!

While the closing of entries in Monte Carlo approaching, many drivers are refining their plans for the coming season.

Living with Wevers Sport, the program seems to already heavy because the Dutch team has already reached agreement with two clients. Already committed to Wales (photo), the young Polish Ptaszek Hubert (22 years) and will be present from the Monte Carlo Rally on July 1 and will play program with one of R5 Fabia team.

Customer also the Dutch team, the Peruvian Nicolas Fuchs also play July 1 rally program with one of the Skoda Fabia R5 Markeloo of the team.

Naturally, these drivers may not play the first rows. This will happen against by Nasser Al-Attiyah, who finally defend his title in Skoda Fabia R5 after the Dakar. But also from Pontus Tidemand, which will start to attack the WRC-2 on a Fabia Skoda Motorsport R5 aligned with the support of its management structure.

Seen to advantage in 2015 as part of the WRC-2, Armin Kremer also will leave for a ride in Skoda Fabia R5. In Monte Carlo, besides that of Kremer, another Skoda will closely follow: that of Julien Maurin, who decided to swap his Fiesta to be present on one of the new Fabia R5 2C Competition team.

It's been some strong competitors for Quentin Gilbert and Renaud Jamoul DS3 R5 on the DG Sport team ..

http://www.autonews-magazine.com/blog/?p=44171

dupanton
12th December 2015, 12:39
I know he is not fast, but no WRC2 for Serderidis, only Monte Carlo and Germany.

itix
12th December 2015, 21:03
OK so new updated list (shamelessly stolen from Simmi, minor tweaks) should be:

Nasser Al-Attiyah
Abdulaziz Al-Kuwari (we think)
Esapekka Lappi
Pontus Tidemand
Teemu Suninen
Armin Kremer
Nicolas Fuchs
Eyvind Brynildsen (skaderud thinks)
Karl Kruuda (we think)
Sander Parn
Marius Aasen
Quentin Gilbert
M-Sport Factory entry TBC (maybe Evans)

Bergkvist has not made many updates other than simulator training at an event organised by swedish motorsport federation and talking to Bror Danielsson about the future... not sure how he can help him with the future but he was involved in Tidemand's career in some form of way I think. I'd doubt seeing him in WRC 2. He doesn't seem to have any financial means or backers of his own so any offer would have to come from some smart prominent team (*coughPeugeotpleasecontinuepeugeotademycough*) or backer that would like to see him do that. Shame really because he's been going like stink ever since he set foot in an official team.

Mirek
12th December 2015, 21:21
There is a rumor that Bergkvist may join Abbring with Hyndai R5.

itix
12th December 2015, 22:04
That would be very nice, hope you are right!

WUff1
13th December 2015, 09:44
There is a rumor that Bergkvist may join Abbring with Hyndai R5.

I don´t think that would be good now, as it probably means no active racing like Abbring.
He should do WRC2 this year.

Hubertos
13th December 2015, 13:52
Hubert Ptaszek will go Monte Carlo with Fabia R5, I think that he will make all WRC 2 campaign next year. There is a chance that ERC 2015 Kajetanowicz will do WRC 2.

seb_sh
13th December 2015, 14:14
Simone Tempestini will do selected WRC2 rounds in a Fiesta along with JWRC.

dimviii
13th December 2015, 18:36
Ricardo Trivino ar wrc 2

https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-0/p180x540/12341425_10153655594925733_3209086420526538445_n.j pg?oh=570b30744358e2a7b09db1f349d7244d&oe=571DEF94

https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-0/p180x540/12310508_10153655594820733_4308279473079644054_n.j pg?oh=8997636c81bf1d366491d5a7cd4a92c6&oe=5721ABA6

Rallyper
13th December 2015, 18:44
I don´t think that would be good now, as it probably means no active racing like Abbring.

I think Huyndai could be good. I´m not aware of what their program is for Abbring, but as money is no problems for Huyndai it should be WRC2 for both of them in the beginning with soem other brand.

(Haven´t heard anything myself about Bergkvist. Funding that amount of money in Sweden alone is not possible, even though I think he´s raised some already. The future star from sweden needs help from a team involved in motorsport I guess.)

AL14
13th December 2015, 18:51

I think it would be one of the best thing that can happen to him. A factory support for a rising star is the best he could aim. If he has to pay one year let's do it. Better than doing some selected round now and then get lost again the year later. With Hyundai he would have full support and concentrate only on driving. Let's hope it's not just a rumor.

EightGear
13th December 2015, 18:51
Hyundai has already said they will not register for WRC2.

Rallyper
13th December 2015, 20:06

That´s not necessary if they are building for a future with fast young drivers. Not regitered doesnt mean they cant compete.

RS
13th December 2015, 20:29
Is Bergkvist not under some long term contract with Opel?

If not I would like to see Peugeot Rally Academy sign him for ERC2016, then he can move to Citroen WRC2/WRC campaign in 2017 as per Lefebvre this year if the results are good enough.

Rallyper
13th December 2015, 23:25
Yeah Opel have him but I think he is free to go if something comes up. Unless Opel might have a R5 standing somewhere...

Lundefaret
14th December 2015, 15:30
Strange if not Kajetanowicz is considered by Hyundai.

WUff1
14th December 2015, 15:50

... as another test driver? Surely not for active rallying I suppose. He shouldn´t do this, he´s to old, he should have fun in ERC or WRC2.

Rallyper
14th December 2015, 16:09

Well, he´s certainly not a new Loeb, Ogier or Camilli, is he? Talking about check outs needed for a pick to a team...

Lundefaret
14th December 2015, 16:23
... as another test driver? Surely not for active rallying I suppose. He shouldn´t do this, he´s to old, he should have fun in ERC or WRC2.

This age thing again...
Rally is a craft more dependent on competence and knowledge than Young age and big testicles.
Tanak is a very good example of that. Great speed, no doubt, but lacking in the knowledge department. (He needs to work on the pace notes, and placing of the apex)

Kajetanowicz is a very good driver, with a very goo driving style, and could have very good WRC potential.

Andre Oliveira
14th December 2015, 18:16
What the hell happened to rally fans? Every time saying too old. This is not football.

RS
14th December 2015, 18:35
Well, he´s certainly not a new Loeb, Ogier or Camilli, is he? Talking about check outs needed for a pick to a team...

I would currently rate him at least as high as Camilli.

Is it this new obsession to find the new Ogier which is causing teams to try and skip the driver development process?

N.O.T
14th December 2015, 18:52
Has this Camilli guy won anything ever in his life and you started rating him that high ?

Rallyper
14th December 2015, 21:09
I would currently rate him at least as high as Camilli.

Is it this new obsession to find the new Ogier which is causing teams to try and skip the driver development process?

No, my answer was to Lundefaret having a long comment on rules chosing Ogier and Loeb back in the days, in a way defending why MW chose Camilli. Suddenly Kajto was fulfilling his mentioned qualifications, which I couldn´t see they where.

nafpaktos
15th December 2015, 01:43
Kajetanowicz is a very good driver, with a very goo driving style, and could have very good WRC potential.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,very good wrc potential??????????Only if you teach him nose end first technique.

Zeakiwi
15th December 2015, 09:32
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,very good wrc potential??????????Only if you teach him nose end first technique.

Will the 2017 car require different driving style/ technique with the different differentials? Little as possible sideways with active diffs?

N.O.T
15th December 2015, 13:57
Will the 2017 car require different driving style/ technique with the different differentials? Little as possible sideways with active diffs?

no.

makinen_fan
16th December 2015, 14:06
Al-Attiyah livery for 2016

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWWAja-WsAALg8t.jpg

GigiGalliNo1
16th December 2015, 16:02
No Al-Kuwari in Monte but confirmed to enter 2016 WRC2 Champs.

janvanvurpa
16th December 2015, 18:10
What the hell happened to rally fans? Every time saying too old. This is not football.

Well they have become consumers..They eat the diet fed to them--likely the journos who blog and blab are also consumers who eat the PR Dept Press releases..
Marketing rules at every step and the "Target demographic" which is little 14 to 25 year old boys who in a social sense are basically powerless and suppressed supposedly want to see "heoes" who look like them---because its all a fantasy for them..They'll never SIT in a rally car like the current WRC cars, so you can't reach them that way, you have to present them with young boys who don't even shave yet for the Target Demographic to be able to "identify with" the "persona" the ad agency has created..

This all happened in my old sport when the Japanese really started pouring money into the sport...suddenly the hero guys (in America first, then everywhere) were shaving..Yeah! and they all got the same haircut..
Haircuts!!!???

The riders became products..packaged products...

Same since the early 2000s in rally.

Bartolbia84
16th December 2015, 22:53
crew and programm (not ufficial)

WRC2 2016

Lappi (FIN - Skoda R5): SWE + in definizione
Tidemand (SWE - Skoda R5): SWE + in definizione
Kremer (DEU - Skoda R5): MC, POR, ITA
Raoux (FRA - Skoda R5): MC + in definizione
Fuchs (PER - Skoda R5): MEX, ARG, POR, ITA, POL, WAL, AUS
Al-Attiyad (QAT - Skoda R5): MEX + definizione
Parn (EST - Fiesta R5): in definizione
Aasen (NOR - Fiesta R5): in definizione
Al Kuwari (QAT - Fiesta R5): MEX, ARG, ITA
Gilbert (FRA - Citroen DS3 R5): MC + definizione
Serderidis (GRC - Citroen DS3R5): MC e GER
Ptaszek (POL - Skoda R5): MC, SWE + definizione (Italia al 99%)
Trivino (MEX - Citroen DS3 R5): MC, MEX, ARG, ITA + da definire
RENDINA (ITA - Fiesta R5): MC + da definire ????
TEMPESTINI (ITA - Fiesta R5): work in progress (fonte MC TEMPEST)
Kajto (POL Fiesta R5): definizione
Bonomi (ARG - Fiesta R5): MEX, ARG, ITA
Martinez (PER - Fiesta R5): MEX, ARG
Pons (ESP - Peugeot 208T16): MC

WRC3

TEMPESTINI (ITA - Citroen DS3 R3T): POR, POL, DEU, FRA, FIN, ESP
ANDOLFI ?? (ITA - Peugeot 208 R2): MC, POR, ITA, FIN, FRA/SPA/WAL (2 di queste)
XXXXX (ITA - Peugeot 208 R2): MC, POR, ITA, FIN, FRA/SPA/WAL (2 di queste)

AL14
16th December 2015, 23:02
Is Rendina going to Monte Carlo? I heard he has been arrested or something

tc10a
17th December 2015, 00:27
crew and programm (not ufficial)

WRC2 2016

Lappi (FIN - Skoda R5): SWE + in definizione
Tidemand (SWE - Skoda R5): SWE + in definizione
Kremer (DEU - Skoda R5): MC, POR, ITA
Raoux (FRA - Skoda R5): MC + in definizione
Fuchs (PER - Skoda R5): MEX, ARG, POR, ITA, POL, WAL, AUS
Al-Attiyad (QAT - Skoda R5): MEX + definizione
Parn (EST - Fiesta R5): in definizione
Aasen (NOR - Fiesta R5): in definizione
Al Kuwari (QAT - Fiesta R5): MEX, ARG, ITA
Gilbert (FRA - Citroen DS3 R5): MC + definizione
Serderidis (GRC - Citroen DS3R5): MC e GER
Ptaszek (POL - Skoda R5): MC, SWE + definizione (Italia al 99%)
Trivino (MEX - Citroen DS3 R5): MC, MEX, ARG, ITA + da definire
RENDINA (ITA - Fiesta R5): MC + da definire ????
TEMPESTINI (ITA - Fiesta R5): work in progress (fonte MC TEMPEST)
Kajto (POL Fiesta R5): definizione
Bonomi (ARG - Fiesta R5): MEX, ARG, ITA
Martinez (PER - Fiesta R5): MEX, ARG
Pons (ESP - Peugeot 208T16): MC

WRC3

TEMPESTINI (ITA - Citroen DS3 R3T): POR, POL, DEU, FRA, FIN, ESP
ANDOLFI ?? (ITA - Peugeot 208 R2): MC, POR, ITA, FIN, FRA/SPA/WAL (2 di queste)
XXXXX (ITA - Peugeot 208 R2): MC, POR, ITA, FIN, FRA/SPA/WAL (2 di queste)

Kremer - 7 events

denkimi
17th December 2015, 01:32

vw also didn't register for swrc in 2012. if i remember correctly it meant that they could test not-homologated parts or something like that.

Bartolbia84
17th December 2015, 09:31
Napoca Rally Team entry in wrc2

JUF
17th December 2015, 11:31
Kremer will contest MCO, POR, ITA, POL, DEU, FRA and ESP

Bartolbia84
17th December 2015, 15:05
Villanueva (ESP - Citroen DS3 R5): start program in sweden

dimviii
17th December 2015, 16:51
Pirelli exclusive supplier ERC Junior
By Vincent • December 17th, 2015 • Category: Miscellaneous

The 2016 Champion will compete in the Cyprus Rally R5

While there will certainly be no Belgian competitor to the ERC Junior year, this competition remains a real springboard. The ERC Junior 2016 Championship calendar will be unchanged, competition calling at Liepaja, Ireland, the Azores, Ypres, Estonia and the Czech Republic.

Eurosport Events has announced the conclusion of a two-year agreement with Pirelli, which thus becomes the exclusive supplier of tires for the competitors of the ERC Junior. A course always reserved for R2 championship.

As had been able to Emil Bergkvist the Rallye du Valais on a Peugeot 208 T16, the 2016 Junior Champion ERC will have the privilege of playing in late season the Cyprus Rally on R5.

http://www.autonews-magazine.com/blog/?p=44195

pantealex
17th December 2015, 17:00
vw also didn't register for swrc in 2012. if i remember correctly it meant that they could test not-homologated parts or something like that.

Reason was/is: in WRC2 they can only drive 1 test day, if you are privateer you can test as much you want. Only bad thing is starting position behind all WRC2 and WRC3 (bad roads)

dimviii
17th December 2015, 21:19
Augusto Bestard from Paraguay at wrc2 from Sweden

https://www.facebook.com/notes/augustobestard/bestard-presenta-su-proyecto-mundialista-hoy/1682761545312927

Co-driven
18th December 2015, 16:37
Augusto Bestard from Paraguay at wrc2 from Sweden

https://www.facebook.com/notes/augustobestard/bestard-presenta-su-proyecto-mundialista-hoy/1682761545312927

His program include Sweden, Argentina, Portugal, Italy, Poland, Finland and Spain.

Car will be run by Italian team Bernini Rally, under the name of ABR World Rally Team.

jbmarcus21
18th December 2015, 17:24
Great news... Meeke, Lefebvre, Breen and Al-Qassimi enters to Abu Dhabi WRT 2016 ith dS3WRC
Meeke+ Lefebvre = Monte CArlo
Meeke + Breen + AlQassimi = Sweden
http://planetemarcus.com/4-pilotes-chez-abu-dhabi-total-world-rally-team-2016/

EstWRC
18th December 2015, 17:29
this is shocking, Didnt know they will enter in WRC2 class. :p

AL14
18th December 2015, 17:57
this is shocking, Didnt know they will enter in WRC2 class.

About who are you talking about?

EstWRC
18th December 2015, 19:31
look jbmarcus post

tommeke_B
18th December 2015, 20:37
http://www.rallye-sport.fr/bonato-sattaque-au-wrc-2/ Yoann Bonato will enter WRC2 and the French championship. First event in WRC2 is Portugal. Bonato was supported by FFSA before they decided to support Ogier in stead. People who follow French rallying know how fast he is, another driver to look forward to. :)

dimviii
18th December 2015, 21:09
http://www.rallye-sport.fr/bonato-sattaque-au-wrc-2/ Yoann Bonato will enter WRC2 and the French championship. First event in WRC2 is Portugal. Bonato was supported by FFSA before they decided to support Ogier in stead. People who follow French rallying know how fast he is, another driver to look forward to. :)

nice news for a truly fast guy at asphalt at least.
2 years programm! with Giraudet as co driver.
Jean-Claude Vaucard is the same guy from peugeot sport from 80-90s? what his role with Bonato?

pantealex
18th December 2015, 22:17

Car? PSA/Skoda/Ford???

tommeke_B
18th December 2015, 22:28
Car? PSA/Skoda/Ford???

208 R5, as he used in the French championship. I'm wondering if he will drive Pirelli in WRC2 as well. In Rallye du Var last month he outpaced both Gilbert (DS3R5/Michelin) and Loix (FabiaR5/Michelin) with his 208 R5 on Pirellis. :)

It looks like WRC2 is becoming a real big thing, now let's hope for some coverage of the championship.

Rally Power
19th December 2015, 04:29
Suarez (208 Cup winner) will also be at MC in a 208 R5 (from Sainteloc). Probably he will do WRC2 instead of ERC.

http://www.autohebdosport.es/rallyes/cohete-al-montecarlo-con-peugeot/18175/

Simmi
20th December 2015, 20:34
Suarez (208 Cup winner) will also be at MC in a 208 R5 (from Sainteloc). Probably he will do WRC2 instead of ERC.

http://www.autohebdosport.es/rallyes/cohete-al-montecarlo-con-peugeot/18175/

Confirmed now for Suarez. 5 rounds in WRC2 (why not 6???)

http://www.peugeot-sport.com/en/2016-peugeot-rally-academy-rings-changes/

Looks like Peugeot might have scrapped their ERC programme.

WUff1
20th December 2015, 20:48
Yes, Peugeot Rally Academy leaving ERC (and I´m not really suprised about this).

PLuto
21st December 2015, 00:11
Yes, Peugeot Rally Academy leaving ERC (and I´m not really suprised about this).

I am quite surprised as in ERC they should be able to fight for win (maybe not with Suarez), but in WRC2 they will be nobody...

mousti
21st December 2015, 01:06
And how many rallies will they finish?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Rallyper
21st December 2015, 01:34
So coming week three days of possible news. What could we expect? A seat in WRC2 for Bergkvist somewhere?

OldF
21st December 2015, 02:05
I don’t know if this has been said already on this thread.

“Suninen is aiming for seven rounds in WRC2”.

http://www.hs.fi/urheilu/a1449554230137

Göögle translated. For some reasons Göögle didn’t translate the page but below is the copied text translated. Shit as usual.

“If Teemu Sunisesta will one day rally world champion, he will have to tell the same story of his youth, yet many times.

Suninen was witnessed school shootings in Jokela on 7 November 2007. Surmissa shooter died, including nine people. There were Suniselle familiar with the school nurse.

"The doors were locked and we did some homework consoles. Then came the police bear, whose rushed out of the shelter. I have never run the kilometers as fast as then, "remembers Suninen, which was the 7th grade.

Moreover, Suniselta had missed mobile phone at home, and the parents were upset when they were not allowed to contact his son. "The incident left a permanent mark in my mind" Suninen quietly.

Now, at age 21 Suninen is the next turning point in his life. Suninen is Mäkelänrinne sports in high school and the Armed Forces sports school visited a gifted athlete.

Suninen is pushed up to the age of six karting and playing floorball and football. Close by was that Suninen would have an interest in following the Finnish seats in F1.

F1 pattern crashed four years ago. Suninen belonged to Red Bull junior program kart motoring. Formula ykkösissäkin involved in the company closed the program, when the loss was thin.

Sunisen own career in karting ended the last competition series victory in Las Vegas. "The victory came too late. Ending the program Junior was the most difficult moment of a career and a big disappointment. "

But one door closes is opened up new opportunities. Suninen moved to drive rallycross, where he changed two years ago to rally.

Exchange favor, because Suninen won this season's World Series Decision Wales Rally WRC class 2.

That next step is to get to drive a full-blooded WRC1-class rally car, which the Finnish drives are currently the only Jari-Matti Latvala.

Next season Sun. not yet see the WRC one-car wheel. His first need to show their skills and expertise.

Sunisen is designed to run for at least seven WRC WRC 2 -autolla French Orecan racing stables, whose founder Hugues de Chaunac is a former AGS Formula 1 chief -tallin.

Well-known French F1 drivers Jean Alesi, Alain Prost and Jacques Laffite have won eleven o'clock in the garage due course championships in the French F3 series.

Tallin cars have performed well in the Le Mans 24 hour race and the Daytona.

Rally ORECA expanded its operations until this year, when it was founded by young talents in their own special program with Toyota. Kuljettajikseen it chose Sunisen and Frenchman Eric Camillin.

Both names have been present when the four-time world champion Tommi Mäkinen, led by Toyota returns to World Championship rallies in season 2017.

"I have to be ready before you get up there. Can not be bothered to go to tarnish the reputation as day-old chicks, "says Suninen that drove this year in a few rallies in the Finnish Toni Garde Master team Skoda.

In contrast to many seeking to the top rally driver Sunisen do not have to buy supporters. Sunisen supported by the Finnish Rally godfather Timo Jouhki, which has been Juha Kankkunen, Tommi Mäkinen, Mikko Hirvonen and Latvala in the background.”

dimviii
21st December 2015, 15:44
Any news about Kubica at the link?

http://sokolimokiem.com/sekrety-projektow-rajdowek-kubicy

dimviii
21st December 2015, 15:49
M-Sport compelled to commit as "Manufacturer" ...
By Vincent • December 21, 2015 • Category: WRC
And what of Abu Dhabi World Rally Team?
The deadline for registration in the World Rally Championship has been postponed by one week. Moving from 19 to 26 December.
The cause? Obviously, a point of law raised by a team. To be precise, this is 4.1.1, which states that a World Rally Car is approved only if the manufacturer is committed to the World Rally Championship concerned.
So for the Teams - Team DMACK as such - engaging Fiesta RS WRC can score points in the World Championship, it is absolutely a commitment "Manufacturer" by M-Sport and Ford ...
However, the British team had to settle for a Team commitment for 2 cars, retaining the ability to not be present for example in China. Team A commitment costs € 15,000 (for 2 cars) instead of EUR 316,830 claimed for a commitment "Manufacturer".
The FIA ​​has left an additional period of weeks to Malcolm Wilson to meet the listing requirements as well as manufacturer and thus confirm the presence of the team on the calendar with 14 events 2 cars. Team A commitment does not impose this obligation.
Now the question will also arise logically about the Abu Dhabi World Rally Team. If the team does not commit as "Manufacturer", pledging to be present at all events, the team should not be able not score points in the championship with his DS3 WRC. It remains to see if this interests Khalid Al Qassimi to see the team be at the World Championship Constructors ...

http://www.autonews-magazine.com/blog/?p=44208

EstWRC
21st December 2015, 15:57
Thanks dimviii...Interesting article but i dont understand it correctly due to the translation, can someone translate better? M-sport doesnt want to enter as a manufacturer?

oh it seems we are in a wrong topic too :p

RS
21st December 2015, 16:02
What would be the problem with only registering as a team and not a manufacturer? A 'team' still scores points does it not?

French_Paulo
21st December 2015, 16:06
What would be the problem with only registering as a team and not a manufacturer? A 'team' still scores points does it not?

You can't score points as a team if your car isn't use by a manufacturer too.
So if M-Sport will not compete WRC2016 as a manufacturer, DMACK WRT can't register as a team.

EstWRC
21st December 2015, 16:30
ok. from the translation i understood that Dmack Team can score points.

rallyfiend
21st December 2015, 16:39
I'm not convinced about that interpretation that the manufacturer needs to be registered. The rule is a bit loose.

It could be interpreted as using the same homologation. Given that Citroen aren't registering as a manufacturer, they can't change the homolgation of the car anyway (it's fixed for development in 2016), and the cars need to just be the same as when it was a manufacturer car....

WRC Team:
7.3.1 Will be eligible to score Manufacturers’ points only if cars of the same homologation number (homologation extension 100/01 KSR and its WR extension or homologation extension 200/01 WRC or homologation extension 300/01 WRC) are used as those of a Manufacturer under Art. 7.2 or as a new Manufacturer under Art. 4.1.2.

PLuto
21st December 2015, 17:05
Thanks dimviii...Interesting article but i dont understand it correctly due to the translation, can someone translate better? M-sport doesnt want to enter as a manufacturer?

oh it seems we are in a wrong topic too :p

You should find english version (original source) in Motorsport Monday, digged by Martin Holmes.

EstWRC
21st December 2015, 17:10
We need Simmi for that, i think he has MM.

E: never mind, i confused it with motorsport news

Simmi
23rd December 2015, 10:28
Anyone heard anything about Protasov for 2016?

Andre Oliveira
23rd December 2015, 11:01
My guess that he is the Official R5 driver of M-Sport

dodge33cymru
23rd December 2015, 18:37
Unlikely, especially if they're trying to find a drive for Evans.

Simmi
28th December 2015, 11:42
Giordano confirms WRC2 for next year - http://www.rallye-sport.fr/programme-double-pour-giordano/

Simmi
28th December 2015, 15:47
Interesting if true - Al-Attiyah apparently wont defend WRC2 title as he concentrates on the Olympics.

http://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/al-attiyah-exits-wrc2-to-focus-on-olympics-preparation-665066/?utm_source=RSS&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=RSS-WRC&utm_term=News&utm_content=www&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

He had said after winning the title in October that he'd be back next year.

GigiGalliNo1
28th December 2015, 16:11
Perfect to Al-Kuwari :D

PLuto
28th December 2015, 16:13
Without RRC car I think Nasser shouldnt be so strong. Despite big number of entries to WRC2, I dont see any rival who can beat Skoda drivers. Maybe Elfyn...

SubaruNorway
28th December 2015, 17:05
Without RRC car I think Nasser shouldnt be so strong. Despite big number of entries to WRC2, I dont see any rival who can beat Skoda drivers. Maybe Elfyn...

Read the Skoda's top speed at a test in Norway was 196kph, heard the DS3 even struggles to reach the limiter at 175kph...

Mirek
28th December 2015, 17:09
DS3 has a long gearbox available too but it's not widely used. Also the DS3 peak power is afaik higher than of Fabia therefore on simple straight it shall be able to reach similar speeds without problems. The issue with DS3 is lack of torque hence the need for shorter gearbox.

GigiGalliNo1
28th December 2015, 17:31
R5 Fabia TBA with a certain Qatari driver :D

mousti
28th December 2015, 18:31
I saw something today that Nasser wont do WRC2 for his olympic ambitions.

Mirek
28th December 2015, 18:43
He ordered a lot of Fabias, so I guess he wants to use them somehow...

seb_sh
28th December 2015, 20:34
Nasser will do various stuff, but not WRC2:

http://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/al-attiyah-exits-wrc2-to-focus-on-olympics-preparation-665066/

GigiGalliNo1
29th December 2015, 04:15
*certain Other Qatari (will be competing in R5 Fabia in 2016)

Fiat-131-Abarth
29th December 2015, 11:10
He ordered a lot of Fabias, so I guess he wants to use them somehow...

How many Fabias has he ordered?

wwbroe
29th December 2015, 14:04
How many Fabias has he ordered?

I think he ordered four Fabia's R5, but i don't know if this number is correct.

PLuto
29th December 2015, 14:13
AFAIK, he wanted to order five pieces.

mousti
30th December 2015, 21:34
Oreca doing at least 7 rounds with Suninen (2c Fabia R5) their tweet hinting there could be someone who takes Camilli's place.

rp
30th December 2015, 21:50
Oreca doing at least 7 rounds with Suninen (2c Fabia R5) their tweet hinting there could be someone who takes Camilli's place.

2C Compétition is already preparing Julien Maurin´s Fabia...

Sulland
30th December 2015, 22:03
Finally WRC2 looks to get the numbers and drivers it deserves! Hopefully they will have tight battles, and get the TV time they should be in title to.

EightGear
30th December 2015, 22:06
Finally WRC2 looks to get the numbers and drivers it deserves! Hopefully they will have tight battles, and get the TV time they should be in title to.
We thought that about last year too but it didn't turn out to be as good as hoped/expected.

PLuto
31st December 2015, 01:20
Nobody will be able to beat Skoda guys. Maybe only Elfyn...

Simmi
31st December 2015, 01:26
The Elfyn WRC2 project will be interesting to watch (if it happens). Motorsport News said that he would do some WRC2, some full WRC events, and also potentially some BRC appearances. So I think right now it's an assumption to think he'll do the entire WRC2. If he gets off to a good start then maybe?

mousti
31st December 2015, 03:34
2C Compétition is already preparing Julien Maurin´s Fabia...

Fiesta R5 could be a other option aswell do one of the other rallies who's not in Maurin's program.

dupanton
31st December 2015, 11:19
The big problem in WRC2 is that it is possible for 2 title contenders to never meet each other... That kills the competition. Drivers that (have the budget to) go to rally's like Argentina, Mexico, Australia and China, will take easy points there.

mousti
31st December 2015, 15:35
Al Kuwari will do something of that again in 2016 with a Fabia R5 from Nasser (??)

Sulland
31st December 2015, 16:35
Nobody will be able to beat Skoda guys. Maybe only Elfyn...

Well, the Fiesta Evo 1 is still an unknown beast.
lets hope it is close to the Fabia, so it wont be a one type cup !

PLuto
1st January 2016, 20:04
Well, the Fiesta Evo 1 is still an unknown beast.
lets hope it is close to the Fabia, so it wont be a one type cup !

It is not only about car, but also about drivers...

PLuto
5th January 2016, 00:28
Hubert Ptaszek confirmed 7 WRC2 events with Fabia R5 from Wevers - MON, SWE, PRT, POL, FIN, FRA and GBR. He will do also other WRC events with R5 car of different brand...

GigiGalliNo1
5th January 2016, 11:01
Al-Kurwari will be in a Fiesta now... initially he told me he will have R5 Fabia..

Lord_Shaitan
5th January 2016, 12:25
Hubert Ptaszek confirmed 7 WRC2 events with Fabia R5 from Wevers - MON, SWE, PRT, POL, FIN, FRA and GBR. He will do also other WRC events with R5 car of different brand...

And that's a one hell of a program... I am truly surprised but good for him. As a countryman I'll keep an eye on him a bit closer than last season. Nevertheless, he needs to make a really big progress in terms of speed and effectiveness. Maybe he's not the most talented guy in our polish backyard but he's young and the most important pretty well funded.

If only Kajto would have such a program... Shame, because it looks like he's staying in ERC...

mousti
5th January 2016, 12:30
Why should Kajto do WRC2 it's more expensive and almost no coverage. WRC2 is ideal for youngsters who graduated from a championship like ERC and have WRC ambitions so they need to learn the stages.

Lord_Shaitan
5th January 2016, 13:17
Why do you thing he hasn't got a WRC ambition? It's very true ERC has a way better coverage, but I believe there is still time for him to have a proper shot in WRC (as Kubica had). He's ready to step up to WRC2 and be fairly competitive right out of the box. The only thing he's missing to have a full package is an experience. Another season in ERC, ever with another title won't bring him any closer to being competitive in WRC.

GigiGalliNo1
5th January 2016, 14:20
No, Al-Kuwari confirmed now with R5 Fabia! Always up in the air but now confirmed

PLuto
5th January 2016, 22:15

And another 7 WRC2 events he will do with Peugeot 208 T16 under colors Peugeot Sport Slovakia...

RICARDO75
5th January 2016, 22:15

Hubert Ptaszek also with Peugeot Sport Slovakia on MEX, ARG, ITA, DEU, CHI, SPA and AUS

Simmi
5th January 2016, 22:22
Wow that is some programme for Ptaszek.

Mirek
8th January 2016, 15:16
Škoda officially confirmed that all three drivers will take part in WRC2. It's not clear how many events who will do but rumors are that each one will do 7 (plus Lappi some extra with BRR).

EightGear
8th January 2016, 15:53
No excuses for Lappi to screw it up again then.

RS
8th January 2016, 16:13
Škoda officially confirmed that all three drivers will take part in WRC2. It's not clear how many events who will do but rumors are that each one will do 7 (plus Lappi some extra with BRR).

I suspect Kopecky will do less if necessary.

Fast Eddie WRC
8th January 2016, 18:05
Skoda - full WRC-2 2016 info

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc-2/news/2016/january-2016/skoda-return/page/3121--51-51-.html

Mirek
8th January 2016, 18:08
Again their best driver is mentioned by one line at the very bottom. That just sucks.

RS
8th January 2016, 20:46
And another 7 WRC2 events he will do with Peugeot 208 T16 under colors Peugeot Sport Slovakia...

Why does a Pole drive for Peugeot Sport Slovakia?

Is he the next Mikelssen/Skoda UK saga? :D

Simmi
8th January 2016, 21:11
Not sure if it's true or not but this report says that Sebastien Loeb Racing will also be in WRC2 this year - running Quentin Giordano.
https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.autonews-magazine.com/blog/%3Fp%3D44247&edit-text=

mousti
8th January 2016, 21:28
Why does a Pole drive for Peugeot Sport Slovakia?

Is he the next Mikelssen/Skoda UK saga? :D

More about money this.. And probably beated Koci in an offer?

Mirek
9th January 2016, 03:32
Koči is going to drive JWRC. I think his last season with 208 T16 was sadly a wasted one.

Rallyper
9th January 2016, 03:38
Again their best driver is mentioned by one line at the very bottom. That just sucks.

A few lads maybe agree with you. The rest dont.

RS
9th January 2016, 07:17

Sometimes you should take the Swede-tinted glasses off Per ;)

Last year Kopecky scored more points per event than anyone. I do expect the other two have more long term potential but it is a shame Kopecky is not recognised by the team for his results a little more, but then it wouldn't fit with the plan..

Simmi
9th January 2016, 11:25
Press releases aside - I think the fact that Skoda have entered 3 works cars into WRC2 is recognition of Kopecky and his abilities. They didn't have to do that, and he's held a works contract with them for years. So he's not exactly in a bad position.

Mirek
9th January 2016, 13:04

So far Kopecký has delivered a lot more to Škoda than both Lappi and Tidemand together. That may change in the future but so far it hasn't been like that.

b3637853
9th January 2016, 15:39
So far Kopecký has delivered a lot more to Škoda than both Lappi and Tidemand together. That may change in the future but so far it hasn't been like that.

I know that is very good for a driver to have stability like Kopecky has with Skoda, but I think he should get a real WRC chance. He is great all-round driver who is fast and consistent. If Skoda wants him to win championships he does it no matter if its ERC, Asia or Czech chamionship. It is just a shame that age plays such an important role. Besides, Kopecky isn't that old to be another Baumshlager or Loix to settle for endless national championships.

PLuto
9th January 2016, 17:50
I know that is very good for a driver to have stability like Kopecky has with Skoda, but I think he should get a real WRC chance. He is great all-round driver who is fast and consistent. If Skoda wants him to win championships he does it no matter if its ERC, Asia or Czech chamionship. It is just a shame that age plays such an important role. Besides, Kopecky isn't that old to be another Baumshlager or Loix to settle for endless national championships.

Lappi and Tidemand are not pushed only because of their age...

Rallyper
10th January 2016, 02:05

So why dont they promote him as #1 driver then? There must be reasons in the background. I´m not saying this because of the quote between the lines kind of bashing the two others, saying just because they are the future. Kopecky not.

Mirek
10th January 2016, 02:54
So why dont they promote him as #1 driver then? There must be reasons in the background. I´m not saying this because of the quote between the lines kind of bashing the two others, saying just because they are the future. Kopecky not.

That's a good question and the likely answer is VW interest.

makinen_fan
11th January 2016, 13:42
Teemu Suninen Racing ‏@TeemuSuninenRac 23m23 minutes ago
My WRC2 season 2016 consists of at least 10 rounds in Europe. I will drive Skoda Fabia R5 run by Team Oreca.

RS
11th January 2016, 17:47

I think he would be a better bet than someone like Camili at this stage, but I don't think he will leave Skoda. He will only get a WRCar chance again if VW leave and Skoda replace them, which doesn't look likely anytime soon.

Lundefaret
11th January 2016, 23:13
Never in a long time has the feeder series to the WRC represented more opportunity than the WRC2 in 2016.

In 2017 and 2018 there is going to be an even bigger fight for talents. Depending on som X factors I think we can see at least one or two moves by the top drivers. And Toyota will demand two or three drivers. Citroën number two spot is up for grabs depending on how the current proteges deliver.

It is going to be interesting to follow, and I guess some team bosses will follow quite closely too.

skarderud
12th January 2016, 22:20
Interesting startlist for wrc2 in sweden, even grřndal in a fiesta.
Its not going to be a walkover in this class this year:)

Simmi
12th January 2016, 22:30
Biiiiig fight in WRC2. Not sure how many of that entrylist will be down for WRC2 points but still. Surely most of them. Definitely a treat for those out on the stages (which thankfully I am again this year).

EstWRC
12th January 2016, 22:31
Kruuda not in the list but he said that he will start in sweden

Simmi
12th January 2016, 22:33
Kruuda not in the list but he said that he will start in sweden

Hopefully a late entry - but then if he was so sure why isn't it already there? Often seems to go quiet with Kruuda these days. I really hope he will be on the final list.

EstWRC
12th January 2016, 22:48
Yesh lets wait for the final list. He said he will be there but he doesnt in which car but his was a month ago or so.

stefanvv
12th January 2016, 23:43
Interesting startlist for wrc2 in sweden, even grřndal in a fiesta.
Its not going to be a walkover in this class this year:)

may be RBMH would pay more attention to it, lets hope so....

rp
13th January 2016, 09:12
Yesh lets wait for the final list. He said he will be there but he doesnt in which car but his was a month ago or so.

Kruuda´s DS3 R5 is still in the Printsport´s garage. I thought that he will drive also Arctic Lapland before Sweden, but it seems that the situation is different...

Sulland
13th January 2016, 09:41
Still a few S2000 cars left. Will be a point to see how well they can follow the latest R5 models released.
I think the Fiesta will surprize us.....

samWRC
13th January 2016, 09:54
Kruuda´s DS3 R5 is still in the Printsport´s garage. I thought that he will drive also Arctic Lapland before Sweden, but it seems that the situation is different...
In Kruuda's website it is said that Arctic Rally will be his next event.

EstWRC
13th January 2016, 09:58
Maybe he will use Peugeot or Fiesta then. I havent heard nothing of him since the last interview about a month ago where he said he will start his season in sweden.

Vladik
13th January 2016, 10:26
Maybe he will use Peugeot or Fiesta then. I havent heard nothing of him since the last interview about a month ago where he said he will start his season in sweden.

Today he will be at estonian yearbook presentation and I'm sure somebody from press wil ask about his plans for this year. Need only to wait till evening, when this interview will be released. At least I hope it will be released :)

pantealex
13th January 2016, 10:27
Kruuda has two DS 3 R5...

Interesting that he want´s to drive some other. (2015 was very bad for him)

EstWRC
13th January 2016, 16:55
Finally an interview with him in estonian news site and he has money problems. He has got 60% of the budget at the moment and he doesnt know if he gets it together. Portugal will be the first rally if he gets the money together at all.

sindroms
13th January 2016, 17:03
Finally an interview with him in estonian news site and he has money problems. He has got 60% of the budget at the moment and he doesnt know if he gets it together. Portugal will be the first rally if he gets the money together at all.

I tried so hard to help him by buying "Tere" brand yogurts... seems like it wasn't enough :)
But in fact - sad news.

EightGear
15th January 2016, 16:26
So it looks like Jim van de Heuvel will do 6 rounds in WRC2 with a Lancer Evo. His program will be Sweden, Poland, Finland, Germany, France and Spain.

Have to say it looks like a bold move, after only 1 year of rallying in the Netherlands with a Fiesta R2, but good luck to him.

Fast Eddie WRC
15th January 2016, 17:21
Evans WRC-2 Fiesta 'R5 Evo'

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYmdzxWWsAAyJG-.png:large

pantealex
15th January 2016, 20:36
WRC2 entries:

Monte: (15) 4x Fabia R5, 2x Fiesta R5, 6x DS3 R5, 1x 208T16 R5, 1x207 S2000, 1x Mitsu EvoX

Sweden: (19) 4x Fabia R5, 12x Fiesta R5, 1x DS3 R5, 2x Mitsu EvoX

Sulland
16th January 2016, 01:11
WRC2 entries:

Monte: (15) 4x Fabia R5, 2x Fiesta R5, 6x DS3 R5, 1x 208T16 R5, 1x207 S2000, 1x Mitsu EvoX

Sweden: (19) 4x Fabia R5, 12x Fiesta R5, 1x DS3 R5, 2x Mitsu EvoX

Swederally also has a couple of Fabia S2000s, one of them Johan Kristofferson, from RX Supercar, amd a 207 S2000.

dupanton
16th January 2016, 10:52
Swederally also has a couple of Fabia S2000s, one of them Johan Kristofferson, from RX Supercar, amd a 207 S2000.

But they are not WRC2 registered ;)

Fast Eddie WRC
18th January 2016, 23:03
Interview - Evans confident :)

http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2016/01/evans-confident-for-competitive-wrc2-start-in-monte-carlo/

Go Elfyn !

dodge33cymru
18th January 2016, 23:16
There's something very classic about the 'Citroens in the south, Fords in the north' feel to those two entry lists. Was originally planning on skipping Sweden this year, but finding myself flight hunting now......

Fast Eddie WRC
20th January 2016, 20:40
Evans the target on Monte
http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc-2/news/2016/january-2016/evans-the-monte-target/page/3162--51-51-.html

dupanton
27th January 2016, 13:12
Al-Kuwari starts his season with Mexico and Argentina. He will drive a Fabia R5.
He is joined by his compatriot Al-Suwaidi in a Fiesta R5. He will compete in 7 rallies.

mousti
27th January 2016, 13:36
Al-Kuwari starts his season with Mexico and Argentina. He will drive a Fabia R5.
He is joined by his compatriot Al-Suwaidi in a Fiesta R5. He will compete in 7 rallies.
Like suspected doing the rounds with the lessiest (is that a english word? :p) competition.

Hartusvuori
27th January 2016, 13:52
Like suspected doing the rounds with the lessiest (is that a english word? :p) competition.

The word you're looking for is defiantly "least".

dimviii
27th January 2016, 16:35

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/12604738_958581404211776_6987282884313512678_o.jpg
https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/12622197_958581274211789_3663039279796636869_o.jpg

WUff1
27th January 2016, 20:03

Car is from Wallenwein Rallye Sport / Germany.

CapitalKarts
1st February 2016, 11:51
The design on the Skoda looks pretty damn cool.

RICARDO75
1st February 2016, 20:37
Armin Kremer is going to Mexico, despite being outside the initial program

Mirek
1st February 2016, 21:23
My bet is that it is because Lappi is going there with BRR (he shall do all WRC events either with works team or BRR).

liposh
1st February 2016, 21:35
it makes sense.

Simmi
2nd February 2016, 11:08
Quentin Giordano switches to Sebastien Loeb Racing and a Peugeot 208 T16 for a six-round WRC2 programme.

http://www.sebastienloebracing.com/sebastien-loeb-racing-en-wrc-2-et-coupe-de-france-des-rallyes-avec-quentin-giordano/

dupanton
2nd February 2016, 13:05
Interesting rumor on Autonews (= leading Belgian rally magazine) website. Citroën might organize a DS3 R5 cup in some European WRC Rallies, prize is a drive in a Citroën WRC in Spain and GB.
Still a rumor though!

Simmi
2nd February 2016, 14:01
Interesting rumor on Autonews (= leading Belgian rally magazine) website. Citroën might organize a DS3 R5 cup in some European WRC Rallies, prize is a drive in a Citroën WRC in Spain and GB.
Still a rumor though!

That would be a cool initiative if true. Might help them shift a few more R5s too.

PLuto
3rd February 2016, 14:20
Armin Kremer is going to Mexico, despite being outside the initial program

He thinks that he has a chance for easy points there ;)

Rallyper
3rd February 2016, 18:15
These news is about one week, but Emil Bergkvist says he will have his start in Rally Sweden as the beginning of doing maybe six rallies in WRC2 in 2016. Co-operation with J-Sport and in a DS3 R5.

"WRC2 is potentially more important", says Emil on FB.

dimviii
3rd February 2016, 21:30
Another sign that we will not have to Kubica in #WRC for now. Maciek Szczepaniak copilotará the pilot WRC2 Hubert Ptaszek in MEX and SWE.

Iván Fernández ‏@fernischumi

Otra seńal de que no tendremos a Kubica en el #WRC por ahora. Maciek Szczepaniak copilotará al piloto del WRC2 Hubert Ptaszek en MEX y SWE.

RS
3rd February 2016, 21:43
These news is about one week, but Emil Bergkvist says he will have his start in Rally Sweden as the beginning of doing maybe six rallies in WRC2 in 2016. Co-operation with J-Sport and in a DS3 R5.

"WRC2 is potentially more important", says Emil on FB.

I am not convinced a private WRC2 programme in a DS3 R5 will be all that good for his career.

What happened to his Opel contract?

dupanton
3rd February 2016, 21:54
I am not convinced a private WRC2 programme in a DS3 R5 will be all that good for his career.

What happened to his Opel contract?

An other year with the Adam R2 wouldn't make any sense, so leaving Opel was imo the best thing he could do. It's only strange no other manufacturer picked him up!

Rallyper
3rd February 2016, 22:47
I think everyone has to bring money, no matter what they say publically. And money for rallying is rare in sweden. We have so many talented guy who missed the train during the years. I´m glad Fredrik Ahlin will do the BRC and oc we have Tidemand.

Let´s hope for his try this year and I know his goals stays. Youngest WDC ever!

Tom206wrc
6th February 2016, 12:13
Any idea of the entrylist of the newly created Citroën WRC2 Ultimate Challenge :confused:

Looks like Bonato and Bergkvist are part of the challenge regarding their program...

mousti
6th February 2016, 13:42
Bergkvist? He did crowdfunding for his home rally, so he needs big help to do a WRC2 program..

RICARDO75
6th February 2016, 15:23
Gustavo Sosa from Spain, will start in three WRC events: POR, ITA, ESP with Fiesta R5

Rallyper
7th February 2016, 15:27
Take a look at Emil Bergkvist FB from preparations before Rally Sweden. Zero-car in first round of SRC. WRC tires on Evo IX.

https://www.facebook.com/EMIL-Bergkvist-MOTOR-514805148554356/

Filip Giedo
7th February 2016, 15:44
I'm really looking forward to see how Emil will perform in Rally Sweden. I hope he will do the job ;)

BTW : Hello everyone! I'm newely registered on the forum but I was reading it for a while,

itix
10th February 2016, 22:47
Saw this nowhere else on the forum so I'm throwing this in here:
Emil Bergkvist plans to do select rounds of the season with J-motorsport. He goes on to mention that he felt at home in the car and that the plan is to do "half a dozen events" in their DS3.

Source, his FB.

mousti
10th February 2016, 22:52
Probably with support of Citroën Racing.

itix
10th February 2016, 23:04
Translation:
Rally Sweden - step up to the big boys.
After securing a European championship for juniors in 2015, Emil Bergkvist and Joakim Sjoberg are now taking a big step up on their joint career ladder to the top. In collaboration with belgian J-Motorsport, the duo will participate in half a dozen rallies on the big WRC circus. The rallies will take place in the WRC2 class with a Citroen DS3 R5 and they will premiere in the car at their home Rally Sweden.
During the week, tests have been carried out before the start of the recce, and Emil quickly felt at home in the new car. "We tested for a day and I am very satisfied with the response we have received and the car feels fantastic to drive. We have been looking forward to this enormously and we can not thank everyone who helped make this possible enough."

The race is also the start of a new collaboration that has started to take shape in the tests. "J-Motorsport is a very professional team and our collaboration worked very well from the beginning. It's feels very good to be developing this further during the year" says Joakim Sjöberg.

"We know that we will be fighting with some of the best in the world and although we always strive to perform at maximum, the focus this week to gather experience and knowledge. Although we won't hide the fact that we look forward to compare our times against some of the best in the industry. "Emil's approach to Rally Sweden is clearly colored by the team's long-term goal, but if you believe that the duo only have the ambition to slowly roll through the event, one would think wrong, something that Emil clarifies. "It is neither my or Joakim's personality to do things half-way. We will not hold back but we probably will not be the ones who take the biggest risks, either. "

itix
10th February 2016, 23:05
Probably with support of Citroën Racing.

Hopefully

Sulland
14th February 2016, 17:14
WRC2 had a superb copetition in Sweden. Changes all the time on the leaderboard, two brands that are equal on the loose, maybe two more on asphalt.

this class has so much potential with privat and manufacturer cars being the same out of the box.
Good job by Evans pulling off the win in Sweden, with so many Nordic drivers participating!

Fly
15th February 2016, 12:35
I follow the RC2 closely. Exciting battles. A lot of young drivers with potential for the future.
However, many of us draw conclusions before any driver step up to RC1.
Al Attiyah, Ketomaa among others were (are) top drivers in the RC2 category but are far from the top in RC1 (And it's not only because of a lack of experience)
Yves Matton said on Belgian TV that the gap is big between the two categories. Everything is happening much faster in a RC1. You must be able to handle it.
However, the RC2 school is good to reach the top and it gives an idea of what the future in WRC1 will look like.
BTW: Suninen is my favorite. Good start from Bergkvist and Veiby.

Mariusz
15th February 2016, 16:40
And there is Elfyn Evans who is a great index for anybody in RC2 who would try to think that they would be fast in RC1. It seems for me that there is nobody close to it.

Mirek
15th February 2016, 16:52
And there is Elfyn Evans who is a great index for anybody in RC2 who would try to think that they would be fast in RC1. It seems for me that there is nobody close to it.

Tidemand did one stage with FWD only and lost one minute. Evans could of course only defend the lead after that but I think we can at least guess that Tidemand would be a tough opponent for him. Let's see in next events.

mousti
15th February 2016, 16:56
Protasov is withdrawing from WRC2...

Andre Oliveira
15th February 2016, 19:51
Why?

Nasser with Fiesta R5 at Mexico :)

Aquagen
15th February 2016, 22:20
Why?Unfortunately he has no sponsor for this moment :(

Andre Oliveira
15th February 2016, 23:16
Bad :(

GigiGalliNo1
16th February 2016, 04:12
Protasov's team have pulled out so no car no team

RS
16th February 2016, 11:01

How can you know until they get that chance?

The gap between the fastest R5 drivers and the slower WRCs was not so big in Sweden. I'd say they're extracting nearly the maximum from those cars, but it would take some experience and time to then extract the maximum from a World Rally Car.

Luckily for these youngsters in the coming years there will be more seats available than fast and experienced drivers.

Mariusz
16th February 2016, 20:06
I'm all for them to get a chance, but let's be realistic. If they can't beat Evans in R5, they wouldn't miraculously become faster than Evans was in WRC after they switch to a faster car.

EstWRC
16th February 2016, 20:12
Exactly, completely agree.

RS
16th February 2016, 21:38
I'm all for them to get a chance, but let's be realistic. If they can't beat Evans in R5, they wouldn't miraculously become faster than Evans was in WRC after they switch to a faster car.

It depends how you rate Evans.. if you check out his times from Sweden last year they were pretty competitive in what was probably the slowest World Rally Car.

My impression is that Malcolm thinks his car is much better than it really is and that Evans and Tanak were scapegoated somewhat.

Andre Oliveira
16th February 2016, 22:31
I think that is opposite, fans thinks that Ford is worse than it is.

Ogier win with Ford, bet all my money on that.

EightGear
24th February 2016, 19:34
Abbring steps up R5 testing

Kevin Abbring put Hyundai Motorsport’s i20 R5 through a second phase of gravel testing in southern France earlier this week.

The Dutchman spent three days on the notoriously rough roads at the Fontjoncouse test area folllowing initial work there at the end of January focused on reliability.

Since then the team has been developing dampers and other suspension parts at its base in Alzenau, Germany, and Abbring concentrated on honing the car’s handling in this week’s session which ended on Monday.

The i20 R5 is due to be homologated in the summer after which it will be eligible for customers to use in WRC 2 against other R5 cars such as Citroën’s DS 3, the Skoda Fabia and Ford Fiesta.

Customer project manager Andrea Adamo said Hyundai would now step up the test programme of its first customer project with Abbring.

“Our testing schedule now increases its pace as we work to finalise the car for production in time to have it competing in the hands of our customers before the end of the year.

“To have another successful test of the New Generation i20 R5 is a big step towards our planned homologation date in late summer. Going through a test on the demanding surface of Fontjoncouse is a huge positive as we continue to develop the car,” he said.

Adamo added that more experienced personnel would join the project in the coming months as the pace of development increased.

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc-2/news/2016/february-2016/abbring-tests-r5/page/3277--51-51-.html?utm_source=WRC.com

mousti
25th February 2016, 21:52
Cédric Cherain will do 7 WRC-2 Rallies!

https://www.facebook.com/TACrally/photos/a.181134701965679.47661.181112608634555/954711787941296/?type=3&theater

RICARDO75
25th February 2016, 22:43

https://www.facebook.com/TACrally/photos/a.181134701965679.47661.181112608634555/954711787941296/?type=3&theater

Portugal, Poland, Finland, Deutschland, France (Corse), Spain and UK

pantealex
26th February 2016, 15:13

1st Belgian driver ever in WRC2!

Fly
26th February 2016, 21:05
1st Belgian driver ever in WRC2!

Serderidis is not as fast as Cherain but he was the pioneer in WRC2 ;)

dupanton
26th February 2016, 21:10
Serderidis is not as fast as Cherain but he was the pioneer in WRC2 ;)

I think he drives with a Greek licence. He is half Belgian, half Greek.

Andre Oliveira
26th February 2016, 21:13
Serderidis is greek

Fly
26th February 2016, 21:41
You're all right.
My mistake! Sorry! ;)

nafpaktos
27th February 2016, 04:11
Serderidis is greek
Without speaking greek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dodge33cymru
27th February 2016, 12:51
Sucks that he's not doing Ypres this year, but he should be decent on some of those tarmac rounds.

RICARDO75
29th February 2016, 13:44
Julien Maurin 2016 program: Portugal, Italy, Poland, Deutschland, France and Spain + french championship
http://www.oreca.fr/blog/2016/02/29/un-double-programme-nationalmondial-allechant-pour-julien-maurin/

PLuto
29th February 2016, 23:57
I think he drives with a Greek licence. He is half Belgian, half Greek.

Sorry, but he is driving with belgium licence. He has only greek nationality as he has born there. But for sure, belgium licence.

PLuto
29th February 2016, 23:58

I dont think that this is good choice for him. But Mr. Wilson is very strong in persuading... My bet is that Cedric will not do all planned rallies...

mousti
1st March 2016, 08:16
I dont think that this is good choice for him. But Mr. Wilson is very strong in persuading... My bet is that Cedric will not do all planned rallies...

Offcourse not ERC would fit him better. He was quite dissapointing in Haspengouw last weekend btw.

Fly
5th March 2016, 20:37
Ghislain de Mévius is supposed to contest WRC2 this year.
Skoda Fabia R5 from BMA. Nothing official yet.

Jarek Z
7th March 2016, 14:08
Guys, did you see the results from Mexico? The difference between the winner and the second-placed driver was... 20 minutes and 11 seconds! Is this the biggest difference ever? ;)

Final results (WRC2):
1. Suninen Teemu, Skoda Fabia R5, 04:43:59.20
2. Ptaszek Hubert, Peugeot 208 T16, +20:11.60

AL14
7th March 2016, 14:18
Do we know in what events Suninen will be eligible for points?

pantealex
7th March 2016, 17:08
Do we know in what events Suninen will be eligible for points?

NO, he will drive atleast all european rounds, I believe he/they will make their choose race by race.

Sulland
7th March 2016, 18:19
I think that is opposite, fans thinks that Ford is worse than it is.

Ogier win with Ford, bet all my money on that.

Would be an interesting experiment, to put all WRC boys in R5 cars for a rally, to see if the result will still be the same ;)
Maybe a ERC rally where all WRC teams are invited!

AL14
7th March 2016, 19:25
NO, he will drive atleast all european rounds, I believe he/they will make their choose race by race.

Just let's hope they won't chose only rallys without opponents. Would love to see him, Skodas and Elfyn fighting for points.

wwbroe
7th March 2016, 20:32
Just let's hope they won't chose only rallys without opponents. Would love to see him, Skodas and Elfyn fighting for points.

They were already fighting in Sweden, Evans won, while Suninen was one of his closest opponents, only beaten by Tidemand in last stages of the rally.

AL14
7th March 2016, 20:38
They were already fighting in Sweden, Evans won, while Suninen was one of his closest opponents, only beaten by Tidemand in last stages of the rally.
I wrote "figthing for points". Not just figthing.

Hartusvuori
7th March 2016, 21:11

Suninen beat Tidemand in Sweden. By a considerable margin of 0,1 seconds.

Mirek
8th March 2016, 00:58
True, still Tidemand lost one minute driving FWD on one stage.