PDA

View Full Version : Skky's F1 TV Coverate

The Black Knight
18th November 2015, 11:28
The following article is actually really good and it's something I've noticed and has bothered me a little, especially over the last couple of weekens. It has been obvious, especially since Hamilton won the championship that the TV coverage of him, not to mention Sky's distorted view of what Hamilton's reality is becoming quite an issue. The below article sums it up nicely.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/11/18/formula-ones-hamilton-centric-media-coverage-must-end-now/

Generally I really like Sky's TV coverage but there's really nothing in the above link I can disagree with and I think Sky need to rebalance their reporting.

Thoughts?

Warriwa
18th November 2015, 22:43
Rubbish article.
Any driver who dominates will attract attention.
This guy should try tuning into the German channel during a race or
an Italian channel when Valentino Rossi is racing.

edit... Ok, I've thought about this a little more and because I haven't seen much of the last two races my comments are meaningless. The author may have a point. Please feel free to tear me apart . . .

N4D13
18th November 2015, 23:38
I haven't watched Sky's coverage - not that I recall, anyway. When I watched races on the BBC, I was actually quite happy with their commentary - it seemed to be really well-balanced, in contrast to Spain's broadcasters, who make it Alonso Hour. It would be sad if Britain's broadcaster went that same way...

acescribe
19th November 2015, 10:59
, in contrast to Spain's broadcasters, who make it Alonso Hour.

How on earth do they manage that ?!

Rollo
24th November 2015, 12:14
http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/11/18/formula-ones-hamilton-centric-media-coverage-must-end-now/

Generally I really like Sky's TV coverage but there's really nothing in the above link I can disagree with and I think Sky need to rebalance their reporting.

Thoughts?

I'd like to point out the hypocrisy here.

The only way this guy saw the GP live was because he paid for Foxtel. By paying for Foxtel, he's voted with his cash. The fact that Sky (and Foxtel) continue at all is because people like him continue to pay for it.
I hate to say it but if you're actively paying Rupert's lot to sell you muck, they will sell you muck. You don't get a choice.

I think Sky need to rebalance their reporting.

I think Sky need to go bankrupt; instantly. Chapter 7 style; with the whole lot being nationalised. Aunty is better than the mad Uncle.

henners88
25th November 2015, 08:52
Sky for me is only an option if I am in on a Sunday (rarely) and the BBC don't have the race live. I much prefer the Beeb as they are streets ahead IMO. Sky follow a very commercial script and dare I say I can't stand Martin Brundle any more. They do go overboard with the champion worship too.