PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Mexico GP

truefan72
30th October 2015, 16:56
I already like the look of this track. reminds me of a cross between monza, australia, abu dhabi and a bit of hockenheim.
The stadium section looks incredible

thoughts?

driveace
30th October 2015, 18:08
Well opinion Is Lewis going to help Rosberg beat Vettel and come 2nd in the championship ?
Not likely !

steveaki13
30th October 2015, 19:21
I think Mercedes would like that to happen, whether it will or not.

In my opinion it should, thats the last of the pieces to slot into place for Mercedes. They will want to do all they can to secure a championship 1-2.

Starter
30th October 2015, 23:08
I already like the look of this track. reminds me of a cross between monza, australia, abu dhabi and a bit of hockenheim.

thoughts?
It's a really nice facility and the Mexican fans are incredible. I was there for the CART events in the early 2000's and had a great time.

truefan72
31st October 2015, 17:11
"sorry Kimi"
A radio call we have gotten all too accustomed to hearing.
Ferrari proving again that they are a one car team...and have always been
the fin is out of FP3 with an smoking engine
SMH

Tazio
31st October 2015, 18:06
:stareup: That doesn't bode well for Haas. Oh wait different Ferrari team with only one strong driver. ;)

airshifter
1st November 2015, 13:18

thoughts?

I thought the same, and at times could almost picture other tracks. There was also one section that reminded me of the hairpin at Canada. But really, I think the majority of passing opportunities will be on the straights.

Alfa Fan
1st November 2015, 13:27
Jenson Button's starting the race from the front row of the grid in Texas now after his latest penalty.

steveaki13
1st November 2015, 15:46
What a stupid penalty system. All very silly really.

As for the track it looks tricky and fun to drive. I imagine the only overtaking spots are the long straight though. A lot of the track is tight and twisty. Be interested to see if its a good race. Not many overtaking spots but hopefully it keeps the field tight.

truefan72
1st November 2015, 16:49
What a stupid penalty system. All very silly really.

As for the track it looks tricky and fun to drive. I imagine the only overtaking spots are the long straight though. A lot of the track is tight and twisty. Be interested to see if its a good race. Not many overtaking spots but hopefully it keeps the field tight.

Well, we can always count on Verstappen to make some fancy overtake in an unlikely spot on the track ;)

Nitrodaze
1st November 2015, 16:54
Did anyone hear the conversation between the Force India pit and Hulkenberg. Who ever it was, was the rudest engineer ever heard in open radio in F1. Clearly Hulkenberg hasn't got the right man in his corner on the pitwall. The chemistry seemed clearly counter productive. With the sort of downturn of performance with Hulkenburg recently, you have to wonder if hearing this fellow on the pitwall gives some insight to some of his [Hulkenberg] problems. One would think a change on that front would help Hulkenberg's campaign in 2016.

steveaki13
1st November 2015, 17:44
Well, we can always count on Verstappen to make some fancy overtake in an unlikely spot on the track ;)

Lets hope so

Bagwan
1st November 2015, 18:27

Not on Kimi , though .

steveaki13
1st November 2015, 19:18
Not long until the start of the race dawwgs

:p

steveaki13
1st November 2015, 19:46
Come one guys..... feeling excited about this one. When you see this crowd and atmosphere you wonder if there is a way these kind of races could take preference over Russia, Bahrain and next season Azerbaijan.....

Its so much better than those soulless tracks.

steveaki13
1st November 2015, 19:48
So

Hamilton v Rosberg side by side into turn 1 would be spicy :)

Vettel must be licking his lips for that

Tazio
1st November 2015, 19:51
I'm on it Steve. Let's get this show started! :)

steveaki13
1st November 2015, 19:55
Great stuff

Lets hope Perez gets past turn one. :angel:

Tazio
1st November 2015, 19:58
Fred's out! :(

steveaki13
1st November 2015, 19:59
Aww Fernando Out

Vettel needs a SC

Rosberg may well have this race in the bag

steveaki13
1st November 2015, 20:04
No penalty hopefully but if they do give one it must be to Vettel.

steveaki13
1st November 2015, 20:21
Seb with issues? Or pushing too hard?

dj_bytedisaster
Looks like Mr. Ricciardo needs to slash Vettel's tyres these days to compete with him. World champion material my bottom...

Tazio
Not Seb's day!

dj_bytedisaster
1st November 2015, 20:23
Not Seb's day!

Never is if you get tagged early on.

Tazio
1st November 2015, 20:27
Felipe donkey

steveaki13
1st November 2015, 20:28
Donkey Kimi

Tazio
1st November 2015, 20:31
Yeah Kimi, not VB!

Tazio
1st November 2015, 20:34
This is turning into a Mercedes white wash!

steveaki13
1st November 2015, 20:40
Hamilton should take a gamble and push hard and pit late on for softs. Championship is done, they are way clear.

Take a punt to make it exciting

dj_bytedisaster
1st November 2015, 20:43
Hamilton should take a gamble and push hard and pit late on for softs. Championship is done, they are way clear.

Take a punt to make it exciting

He doesn't need to. Rosberg will suffer a 'mysterious problem' in time...

steveaki13
1st November 2015, 20:46
He doesn't need to. Rosberg will suffer a 'mysterious problem' in time...

:laugh:

Nitrodaze
1st November 2015, 20:48
Somehow, l don't think Hamilton would challenge Rosberg for the win as he wants to help his teammate secure 2nd place in the championship. But the day is young, anything is now possible with Vettel in 6th position at the mo.

Nitrodaze
1st November 2015, 20:50
Wow, Rosberg just lapped Vettel, he should regain 2nd place if the race were to end right now.

dj_bytedisaster
1st November 2015, 20:51
Somehow, l don't think Hamilton would challenge Rosberg for the win as he wants to help his teammate secure 2nd place in the championship. But the day is young, anything is now possible with Vettel in 6th position at the mo.

That implies Hamilton thinks about anyone but himself - he doesn't. Else he wouldn't be world champion.

steveaki13
1st November 2015, 20:54
Stupid that Vettel is ordered to let Hamilton past. He was way ahead and quicker. Marshalls wave blue flags way to early these days.

Nitrodaze
1st November 2015, 20:58
The Kimi incident was just crap driving By Kimi. He seems to have a red mist moment when Bottas is anywhere near him.

Nitrodaze
1st November 2015, 20:58
Stupid that Vettel is ordered to let Hamilton past. He was way ahead and quicker. Marshalls wave blue flags way to early these days.
Vettel is being lapped by Hamilton, if Vettel ignores the blue flags, he would be penalized.

Nitrodaze
1st November 2015, 21:08
Looks like Williams are stuffing their strategy again by not pitting one of their cars in this pit window. Redbull seem set to take 3rd and 4th

Tazio
1st November 2015, 21:08
Safety car :eek:

truefan72
1st November 2015, 21:11
and once again williams completely botches the strategy.
How the heck don't they pit bottas with a free pit stop with 44 old laps????
SMH. this is just really stupid from Williams

Nitrodaze
1st November 2015, 21:12
Something bizzare about the 2nd Mercedes tyre stop.

truefan72
1st November 2015, 21:13
Looks like Williams are stuffing their strategy again by not pitting one of their cars in this pit window. Redbull seem set to take 3rd and 4th

it is completely ridiculous. time and time again
madness

truefan72
1st November 2015, 21:14
with all these lapped cars, we won't get going until lap 60 probably
oh well

they really need to think of just having them fall to the back of the pack instead

steveaki13
1st November 2015, 21:15
Vettel is being lapped by Hamilton, if Vettel ignores the blue flags, he would be penalized.

I know that, but you should only get blue flags when you are within a second or so ahead. Vettel was about 2.5 seconds ahead on track. No holding Hamilton up at all

Nitrodaze
1st November 2015, 21:18
With Vettel out of the Race, Rosberg can move into 2nd place in the championship from wining the race or finishing 2nd. This opens up the race from this point on for a duel between the Mercedes pair, l hope we get some proper racing at the front.

Nitrodaze
1st November 2015, 21:24
Great restart by Rosberg, l just wished he was driving like this earlier in the season.

Nitrodaze
1st November 2015, 21:26
The Ham is on the move. Could be a duel to the finish by all accounts

Nitrodaze
1st November 2015, 21:28
8 laps to go with a Williams in 3rd spot. The mad strategy seem to be working

Tazio
1st November 2015, 21:29
The SC really lived this race up! :)

gm99
1st November 2015, 21:33
I really, really like this track - that's old school F1 for me; like a cross-breed between Montreal and Monza!

steveaki13
1st November 2015, 21:34
Good track indeed

How did Williams get Bottas on the podium???? :arrows:

Tazio
1st November 2015, 21:40
Great race by Nico, my DOTR!

Mark
1st November 2015, 21:44
Wow that was one cold handshake.

Mark
1st November 2015, 21:45
I really, really like this track - that's old school F1 for me; like a cross-breed between Montreal and Monza!

I was thinking old Hockenheim and Monza but yeah good track.

steveaki13
1st November 2015, 21:46
and another cold handshake

Great place to have the podium..... what an excellent idea

Mark
1st November 2015, 21:49
Wor Nige

Nitrodaze
1st November 2015, 21:50
A well deserved win by Rosberg. Great to see a Williams on the podium. Bottas has really done well for Williams, though l had my doubts for most of the race. What happened to the Toro Rosso, they were going so well at one point.

steveaki13
1st November 2015, 22:06
Interesting race but a great atmosphere.

Mexico has been a very welcome return to the calendar

N4D13
1st November 2015, 22:06
A well deserved win by Rosberg. Great to see a Williams on the podium. Bottas has really done well for Williams, though l had my doubts for most of the race. What happened to the Toro Rosso, they were going so well at one point.
They just had the wrong tyres for the end of the race. Getting the softs wasn't a good idea and they started going backwards.

N4D13
1st November 2015, 22:14
Something bizzare about the 2nd Mercedes tyre stop.
Actually, it was a great idea. The whole point of the stops was to get a free pitstop, as no one was sure about whether the tyres would last to the end of the race. Both cars had more than enough time to Kyvat to make a pitstop and come out at the front, so it was a no-brainer.

Incidentally, I'm surprised that no one said anything about Hamilton's initial refusal to pit. Had he not pitted and gone on to win the race that would have been a really dirty way to take a victory, I think. Good think he changed his mind.

Javi013
1st November 2015, 23:28
That was really fun. I like too much the Lewis attitude. This time it would be a dirty move so good he changed mind, but he tried at least. After the pit started to make fastest laps

Rollo
1st November 2015, 23:46
Wor Nige

General: They've got war drums.
Geordie soldier: The thieving bastards!

Nitrodaze
2nd November 2015, 08:31
Actually, it was a great idea. The whole point of the stops was to get a free pitstop, as no one was sure about whether the tyres would last to the end of the race. Both cars had more than enough time to Kyvat to make a pitstop and come out at the front, so it was a no-brainer.

Incidentally, I'm surprised that no one said anything about Hamilton's initial refusal to pit. Had he not pitted and gone on to win the race that would have been a really dirty way to take a victory, I think. Good think he changed his mind.

I think the Mercedes had the tyres to get to the end of the race. Rosberg and Hamilton thought so. But l think the Merc pitwall was being cautious. The end result was the right one, now the boys can race head to head to the end of the season now Rosberg is 21 points clear of Vettel in a more secure 2nd place in the driver championship.

The Black Knight
2nd November 2015, 08:46
I really enjoyed that race - not a classic but not a complete bore either. The high altitude coupleD with the twisty circuit was always going to provide us with a few safety cars given the low levels of downforce the drivers were working with.

Nico clearly had the pace on Lewis all weekend. I have a feeling that Lewis is after partying a little too much over the last week. Judging from his snapchats he was having Fajita's and Taco's on Saturday night before the race and playing with a baby Tiger. He deserves it though and no biggy of Roserg winning now that the championship is over. It's interesting to see that Rosberg has had the pace on him over the last two races. It shows how good Nico is when he gets it all together. Hamilton didn't seem to be driving his best this weekend, I feel. Possibly a championship hangover but he was making many mistakes on his qualifying and throughout the race. It wasn't a champions performance but you can't win every race. Still, an impressive result from Nico. It's about time he won a 4th.

I was a little disappointed to see Hamilton obey the team orders to come in for the pit stop. I think he could have gotten to the end of the race on the set he was using. He clearly felt so as well and, if that was the case, he should have stayed out and won the race that way, imo. It was good to see him questioning the decision of the team however. This is someting I really felt he was lacking before. I think were the championship still on the line he may have taken a different approach but we won't know for sure until he's in that situation again but it's a definite move in the right direction as usually he would just blindly accept the teams instructions. I can't remember him questioning a team order ever before.

Very poor and uncharacteristic of the season showing from Vettel. I think that Danny rattled him at the start of the race and he found it difficult to recover. Still, he has had a season he can be proud of which he can carry forward with him to next years.

Kimi - not much need to say anymore there.

There is one thing this race showed very clearly though and that is that no one is anywhere near close to catching the Mercedes. They had a significant advantage for the entire race on pace. Ferrari may have been able to challenge them somehow had the race gone their way but they would have been a significant distance back the road by the end of the race I'd say.

The Black Knight
2nd November 2015, 08:47

Why would it have been dirty? Because he would have taken the initiative and not blindly followed the team like he did in Monaco? I'm disappointed he didn't ignore the team orders. If he felt the tires were good enough to the end of the race then he should have continued on, imo. There was no safety concern with those tires either, that was just BS by the team.

Nitrodaze
2nd November 2015, 09:29
Why would it have been dirty? Because he would have taken the initiative and not blindly followed the team like he did in Monaco? I'm disappointed he didn't ignore the team orders. If he felt the tires were good enough to the end of the race then he should have continued on, imo. There was no safety concern with those tires either, that was just BS by the team.

I think Hamilton did the right thing conforming to the teams instruction to pit. This is a race he did not have to win and a bit of good will and team play is good for the future. But it was definitely a race that Rosberg had to win to take full advantage of Vettel's DNF. All in all, it was great how it turned out. And very good for Rosberg's confidence; that he could win races if he applied himself.

The BBC commentators found the call to Hamilton to pit abit suspect. If we look at how Bottas was able to do 50 laps on the same tyre and still had the pace to fight his way up to a podium position, then it gives some cause to question the Mercedes insistence to override Hamilton's decision to not pit when asked to. Especially when Hamilton is stating that his tyres are fine.

Which ever way you look at it, l think it was necessary that Rosberg win the Mexico Grand Prix to ensure his 2nd place in the championship was relatively more secure than it was at Austin. Hence, even if Hamilton could have won the race, l would have expected him to give it to Rosberg. Now this is a hard thing to ask a hardened racer like Hamilton or Vettel [if you remember his move on Webber in similar circumstances]. If anything, it shows that Hamilton is more compliant than Vettel, as Hamilton could have easily ignored the team and took the victory, which was very much on the cards. He had track position and the tyres to do so.

It would be great if this sort of thing do not happen in situations where the instructed party have something to lose from such a call in the future. Merc has been very fair and simply the most exemplary team in the history of F1, in my humble opinion. Very few front end teams operate an even handed policy that lets their drivers race themselves without hinderance or favouring one driver over the other. The old Nos 1 and Nos 2 setup is fading from F1 as a result of Mercedes. We see in other teams that typically operate the old model adopting the Mercedes style which has allowed Kyvat to take the fight to Ricciado and Bottas to emerge from the shadow of a more experienced Massa.

The Mercedes era is a beautiful one from this perspective in my opinion.

Nitrodaze
2nd November 2015, 09:51
I usually criticized Williams for its race strategies in the past, l have to acknowledge that the strategy that allowed Bottas to seize the 3rd podium position at the Autodromo Hernandez Rodriquez was quite excellent. Most of us did not see it working out, but it was particularly brilliant. Bottas had a better pace than the Redbulls to the very end of the race. The Williams chassis seemed kinder to the tyres at this low grid track. Go Williams Go :-)

AndyL
2nd November 2015, 10:18
The BBC commentators found the call to Hamilton to pit abit suspect. If we look at how Bottas was able to do 50 laps on the same tyre and still had the pace to fight his way up to a podium position, then it gives some cause to question the Mercedes insistence to override Hamilton's decision to not pit when asked to. Especially when Hamilton is stating that his tyres are fine.

I don't really understand what they were suspicious about. The situation seems completely clear and unremarkable to me. There was some degree of doubt about whether the tyres would last, and Mercedes had a pit stop in hand, so they played it safe and put new tyres on both cars. Maybe they didn't need to, but they could afford to take the precaution, so why not? It wasn't going to affect the outcome of the race.

Of course if one guy had gone along with the plan and then the other guy had decided to ignore it, the first guy would be rightly aggrieved if he lost out as a result.

The Black Knight
2nd November 2015, 10:32
I think Hamilton did the right thing conforming to the teams instruction to pit. This is a race he did not have to win and a bit of good will and team play is good for the future. But it was definitely a race that Rosberg had to win to take full advantage of Vettel's DNF. All in all, it was great how it turned out. And very good for Rosberg's confidence; that he could win races if he applied himself.

Which ever way you look at it, l think it was necessary that Rosberg win the Mexico Grand Prix to ensure his 2nd place in the championship was relatively more secure than it was at Austin. Hence, even if Hamilton could have won the race, l would have expected him to give it to Rosberg. Now this is a hard thing to ask a hardened racer like Hamilton or Vettel [if you remember his move on Webber in similar circumstances]. If anything, it shows that Hamilton is more compliant than Vettel, as Hamilton could have easily ignored the team and took the victory, which was very much on the cards. He had track position and the tyres to do so.

It would be great if this sort of thing do not happen in situations where the instructed party have something to lose from such a call in the future. Merc has been very fair and simply the most exemplary team in the history of F1, in my humble opinion. Very few front end teams operate an even handed policy that lets their drivers race themselves without hinderance or favouring one driver over the other. The old Nos 1 and Nos 2 setup is fading from F1 as a result of Mercedes. We see in other teams that typically operate the old model adopting the Mercedes style which has allowed Kyvat to take the fight to Ricciado and Bottas to emerge from the shadow of a more experienced Massa.

To be frank, if I were Hamilton and I felt that I could have gotten to the end of the race on that set of tires without pitting and having the pace right to the end, I'd have taken it with the attitude of "This is for Monaco". He has no reason to help Rosberg secure second in the championship as second doesn't matter jack shit anyway. As it stands, Hamilton has 10 wins that should be 11 and Rosberg has 4 which should be 3 and I don't think he should be doing Rosberg any favours given what Rosberg did at Spa and Monaco last year. Anyway, it is what it is, but I'd expect that were the championship still on the line he'd have refused to pit. I reckon he took the attitude that he'll not ruffle the teams feathers but he may in future.

As for Merceds, I do agree with you but I think they need a separate strategist. That way each driver can chose when to pit and the race is really in their own hands. The way it is now, with a track and the aerodynamic rules as they are nowadays, it's very hard for the guy that qualifies behind to actually get by if they don't get them at the start. I think both drivers should be allowed different strategies if they would prefer. It'd make the races more interesting.

jens
2nd November 2015, 10:33
Well, the two Finns can't help but crash into each other. Wonder, what the Finns themselves think of this.:D

Yeah I know it was a racing incident, but a perfect payback from Bottas, if I ever saw one. Räikkönen got a clear taste of 'karma' now!

Vettel had his worst race of the season, while I am impressed with Kvyat going well again.

Big Ben
2nd November 2015, 10:33

It most certainly helps that rules are so that they don't really need to worry for a few years about other teams. In these circumstances it's easy not to favor one of the driver. If Ferrari or another will challenge them in the future more seriously we will see if they will stick to it.

AndyL
2nd November 2015, 10:58
To be frank, if I were Hamilton and I felt that I could have gotten to the end of the race on that set of tires without pitting and having the pace right to the end, I'd have taken it with the attitude of "This is for Monaco".

The trouble is that leaves the team in an ungovernable situation. All trust between team and driver is lost. No strategy for the benefit of the team can be made because both drivers assume the other will ignore it.

Actually forget that. Here's hoping the Mercedes drivers do go out of control, allowing Kimi to steal the 2016 championship just like in '07 :D

AndyL
2nd November 2015, 11:08
As for Merceds, I do agree with you but I think they need a separate strategist. That way each driver can chose when to pit and the race is really in their own hands.

Actually I agree this could help Mercedes' situation and make the drivers more manageable. When team orders need to be issued, the strategists won't question them because they know they can be more easily fired than the drivers, and the drivers will be less inclined to question them if they come from their own strategist.

Nitrodaze
2nd November 2015, 12:02
To be frank, if I were Hamilton and I felt that I could have gotten to the end of the race on that set of tires without pitting and having the pace right to the end, I'd have taken it with the attitude of "This is for Monaco". He has no reason to help Rosberg secure second in the championship as second doesn't matter jack shit anyway. As it stands, Hamilton has 10 wins that should be 11 and Rosberg has 4 which should be 3 and I don't think he should be doing Rosberg any favours given what Rosberg did at Spa and Monaco last year. Anyway, it is what it is, but I'd expect that were the championship still on the line he'd have refused to pit. I reckon he took the attitude that he'll not ruffle the teams feathers but he may in future.

As for Mercedes, I do agree with you but I think they need a separate strategist. That way each driver can chose when to pit and the race is really in their own hands. The way it is now, with a track and the aerodynamic rules as they are nowadays, it's very hard for the guy that qualifies behind to actually get by if they don't get them at the start. I think both drivers should be allowed different strategies if they would prefer. It'd make the races more interesting.

I hear what you are saying, but you seem to forget that the reason Hamilton had track position of leading the grand prix at that point of the race, was because Rosberg was called in first for new tyres. It would have been ugly for Hamilton to take advantage of this situation by not coming in when asked to. Rosberg also had the tyres to get to the end of the race had he not pitted. To be fair, Hamilton had to pit too in order for it not to look like the teams bringing about a Hamilton win on a day Rosberg was clearly dominant. Fair is fair and it cuts both ways.

The Black Knight
2nd November 2015, 12:35
I hear what you are saying, but you seem to forget that the reason Hamilton had track position of leading the grand prix at that point of the race, was because Rosberg was called in first for new tyres. It would have been ugly for Hamilton to take advantage of this situation by not coming in when asked to. Rosberg also had the tyres to get to the end of the race had he not pitted. To be fair, Hamilton had to pit too in order for it not to look like the teams bringing about a Hamilton win on a day Rosberg was clearly dominant. Fair is fair and it cuts both ways.

Yeah but at Monaco the only reason Rosberg won was because of the team making a pit stop blunder. Do you think for a second Rosberg would have given Hamilton the lead back if he had come out in second place? Not on your life. I think Hamilton should have gone tough luck Nico and continued on. It would have leveled things out at least win wise.

N. Jones
2nd November 2015, 17:37
Cool track. For once I am happy with the change. May they stay here for a long time!

Nitrodaze
2nd November 2015, 20:50
Yeah but at Monaco the only reason Rosberg won was because of the team making a pit stop blunder. Do you think for a second Rosberg would have given Hamilton the lead back if he had come out in second place? Not on your life. I think Hamilton should have gone tough luck Nico and continued on. It would have leveled things out at least win wise.

I am not sure why you chaps keep going on about Monaco 2014. Hamilton won the drivers title in the end, hence it is water under the bridge as far as he is concerned. You have to let it go. He has also won the 2015 title, hence it would have been childish for him to spoil Rosberg's chance of putting some gap between himself and Vettel for the 2nd place spot. It would have been quite damaging to Hamilton's image if he had done that. We would been talking about what a selfish guy he was on this forum.
The truth is Hamilton had more to lose than gain from stealing the win from Rosberg at Mexico. It is really pointless.

Zico
2nd November 2015, 21:11
I am not sure why you chaps keep going on about Monaco 2014. Hamilton won the drivers title in the end, hence it is water under the bridge as far as he is concerned. You have to let it go. He has also won the 2015 title, hence it would have been childish for him to spoil Rosberg's chance of putting some gap between himself and Vettel for the 2nd place spot. It would have been quite damaging to Hamilton's image if he had done that. We would been talking about what a selfish guy he was on this forum.
The truth is Hamilton had more to lose than gain from stealing the win from Rosberg at Mexico. It is really pointless.

Exactly my thoughts also..

Bagwan
3rd November 2015, 00:10

But , now Hamilton is saying that Nico was gifted the win by the team , so looks as selfish as if he had stolen it .
PR blunder .

Javi013
3rd November 2015, 10:00
How can you be so fanatism... Remembering Monaco 2014 to support Hamilton making a dirty move? That's how a champion plays?

Hamilton is the best in the field right now. He won last championship and this too, fully deserved. But it would have been very dirty to win in Mexico by doing that. It's obvious that Rosberg could have not pitted and won too. But it was a consensual decision just for safety, that's the point.

For once Rosberg does better than Hamilton... And you pretend to steal his race :c

He deserved Mexico, did an impressive race, just like Hamilton is doing every time though

truefan72
3rd November 2015, 16:58

I completely agree.
I've been quiet for the past few days because i was pretty pissed on how things went down with the "mandatory" pits
It was complete bollocks to claim the tires were not going to last, FFS they just did 31 on the softs with heavier fuel.

One can be teammates to a certain level. but if Rosberg's side of the garage wanted that extra pit stop, then Hamilton's side should be under no obligation to follow suit.
His race engineer continues to not look out for the best interest of his driver and more for the "team" effort.
I don't care what anyone says, Hamilton did not have to pit nor wanted to pit, he was fine in his situation. If Nico's team decided their strategy why should Hamilton have to oblige?
This isn't even remotely close to being about fairness. It is simply an orchestrated effort to ensure Rosberg take his pity win

As a fan, it would have been even more interesting to see a faster Nico close up to Hamilton in the last few laps and get a proper duel like we had in bahrain 2014
There really was no competition from anyone else. And for those who would say the safety car washed out that situation, they are wrong.
Because if Hamilton was in the lead he might have pitted under the safety car and retained his lead, or better yet, just stayed out and took advantage of several laps of little tire degradation behind the SC.

so much for allowing them to race SMH

AndyL
3rd November 2015, 17:14
One can be teammates to a certain level. but if Rosberg's side of the garage wanted that extra pit stop, then Hamilton's side should be under no obligation to follow suit.
His race engineer continues to not look out for the best interest of his driver and more for the "team" effort.
I don't care what anyone says, Hamilton did not have to pit nor wanted to pit, he was fine in his situation. If Nico's team decided their strategy why should Hamilton have to oblige?
This isn't even remotely close to being about fairness. It is simply an orchestrated effort to ensure Rosberg take his pity win

Where on earth is this coming from? Mercedes decided to pit both cars. Who is saying the idea came from Rosberg's side of the garage?

Rosberg was winning before they made these precautionary stops, and was still winning after. There is no favouritism or orchestration there. If they'd told Rosberg to come in and allowed Hamilton to stay out, then that would have been inequitable.

Look at it from the team's point of view. Even if they're 90% sure they can get to the end of the end of the race without problems, that's still a 10% chance that they will end up retiring or losing some places. With the gap they had, why wouldn't you pit both cars and make 100% sure of a 1-2 finish.

Bagwan
3rd November 2015, 18:56
Andy , stop making sense .

Javi013
3rd November 2015, 21:03
I completely agree.
I've been quiet for the past few days because i was pretty pissed on how things went down with the "mandatory" pits
It was complete bollocks to claim the tires were not going to last, FFS they just did 31 on the softs with heavier fuel.

As a fan, it would have been even more interesting to see a faster Nico close up to Hamilton in the last few laps and get a proper duel like we had in bahrain 2014
There really was no competition from anyone else. And for those who would say the safety car washed out that situation, they are wrong.
Because if Hamilton was in the lead he might have pitted under the safety car and retained his lead, or better yet, just stayed out and took advantage of several laps of little tire degradation behind the SC.

so much for allowing them to race SMH

Do you really think Rosberg needed a pit?
The team acted smartly. They thought about the blowout possibility or any other damage, which was equal for two of them. Rosberg didn't need this pit more than Hamilton or something

If Rosberg knows Hamilton is not gonna pit, he obviously wouldn't have pitted. And he would have won too!

Nitrodaze
4th November 2015, 08:19
Do you really think Rosberg needed a pit?
The team acted smartly. They thought about the blowout possibility or any other damage, which was equal for two of them. Rosberg didn't need this pit more than Hamilton or something

If Rosberg knows Hamilton is not gonna pit, he obviously wouldn't have pitted. And he would have won too!

The fact of the matter is we do not know how things would panned out if the Mercedes team had left both cars out till the end of the Mexico race. From the radio message, it seemed Rosberg needed a pitstop for tyres more than Hamilton did at that point of the race. Teams have alot of covert ways of bringing about a result and force-ably telling a driver to pit when the driver, after assessing the state of his tyres, say to the team his tyres are still good for a few more laps, is clear indication of the team meddling with the outcome of the race.

Personally, l think the outcome of the race is the right one. It is in the best interest of the team for their drivers to finish the season first and second in the driver's championship. What l take issue with, is that they did not seem to have discussed this internally and agreed the outcome between the drivers prior to the race. They have left the drivers to race each other and have appeared to have tried to manipulate the end result when the situation has gone against their desired outcome. This is where most of the frustration is stemming from.

As it is, most are seeing a pattern where the team has on occasions brought about a Rosberg win. Monaco 2014 and arguably Mexico 2015.

airshifter
5th November 2015, 05:33
It seems that lately, most here just can't enjoy the race for what it is.

http://www.motorsportforums.com/showthread.php?289-Do-we-enjoy-conspiracy-too-much

I'd rather enjoy the race and look at the events without bias myself.

I enjoyed the race in Mexico. Lots of strange little things, and a few good battles. Some of the young guns are showing talent. Some of the usual master slipped though, but it happens.

Did anyone else enjoy when Sainz waited until the stadium section to let Perez pass?

The Black Knight
5th November 2015, 08:50

I was actually on about Monaco 2015 not 2014.

The Black Knight
5th November 2015, 08:56
The fact of the matter is we do not know how things would panned out if the Mercedes team had left both cars out till the end of the Mexico race. From the radio message, it seemed Rosberg needed a pitstop for tyres more than Hamilton did at that point of the race. Teams have alot of covert ways of bringing about a result and force-ably telling a driver to pit when the driver, after assessing the state of his tyres, say to the team his tyres are still good for a few more laps, is clear indication of the team meddling with the outcome of the race.

Personally, l think the outcome of the race is the right one. It is in the best interest of the team for their drivers to finish the season first and second in the driver's championship. What l take issue with, is that they did not seem to have discussed this internally and agreed the outcome between the drivers prior to the race. They have left the drivers to race each other and have appeared to have tried to manipulate the end result when the situation has gone against their desired outcome. This is where most of the frustration is stemming from.

As it is, most are seeing a pattern where the team has on occasions brought about a Rosberg win. Monaco 2014 and arguably Mexico 2015.

I don't believe for a second that the team brought about a Rosberg win in Monaco 2014. Rosberg brought about that win by cheating in qualifying. There's not much more to Monaco 2014 than that really.

The crux of the issue here that I can see if a lack of communication between Hamilton and Mercedes. Now that the championship was over, Hamilton wanted to be able to run his own race and he never communicated that to Mercedes management. Likewise, Mercedes management should have realized with two drivers like that, they might want to run their own strategy for the remainder of the season.

In my experience, most problems are solved by better communication and this is no different here. It's a learning process for both driver and team.

Nitrodaze
5th November 2015, 11:34
I don't believe for a second that the team brought about a Rosberg win in Monaco 2014. Rosberg brought about that win by cheating in qualifying. There's not much more to Monaco 2014 than that really.

The crux of the issue here that I can see if a lack of communication between Hamilton and Mercedes. Now that the championship was over, Hamilton wanted to be able to run his own race and he never communicated that to Mercedes management. Likewise, Mercedes management should have realized with two drivers like that, they might want to run their own strategy for the remainder of the season.

In my experience, most problems are solved by better communication and this is no different here. It's a learning process for both driver and team.

It was the Mercedes team's action that brought about a Rosberg win in Monaco 2014. It was arguably an error of Mercedes, the end effect was that they caused it to happen by their actions. It was not a DNF, it was a pitwall action that caused it. They did not tell Rosberg to hand the place back to Hamilton, but rather let the race run through to its conclusion. Team orders is still legal in F1, hence they could have easily done that.
When Kyvat was ask to let Ricciado by to see if hecould win the race on fresher tyres and turned out he couldn't, he was asked to hand the place back to Kyvat as he originally had the advantage.

Hence, l do not buy the idea that it was a mistake and that is racing. Rosberg did not earn the lead by overtaking Lewis but was gifted the lead by the team. If they told Rosberg to handover the lead to Hamilton and he refused that would be another matter. They said nothing and watched a farsical win unfold. The situation would have been credible if it had happened across two separate teams, within the same team it is simply dodgy.