PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Hamilton - World Champion 2015

steveaki13
25th October 2015, 21:48
His 3rd world title.

Great effort well done

gm99
25th October 2015, 21:52
Dominant driver of the season, although his team-mate did make it a bit easy on him...

steveaki13
25th October 2015, 21:56
You have to respect him doing donuts when the team tell him not to.

He releases his emotion.

Mark
25th October 2015, 22:02
Fantastic race and fantastic season. Well done Lewis. The first time a British driver has won two in a row!

steveaki13
25th October 2015, 22:07
I agree about fantastic racing today but cant agree its a fantastic season. I preferred last year when at least Rosberg was in the fight.

Overall not had a great title fight for years

henners88
25th October 2015, 22:27
Fully deserves it after all the hard work he's put in throughout his career. Well done Lewis!

I didn't witness him clinch this one live as I haven't seen any of this weekend but that's life.

N. Jones
25th October 2015, 22:51
Great drive from him again and well deserved.

steveaki13
25th October 2015, 22:59
I think he moves up a level after winning this 3rd title. I think he has joined Vettel as they are at a very similar level and now amongst the greats of the sport.

Really would love to see a head to head Hamilton v Vettel v Rosberg next season for the title. At least.

It may be more realistic to think Lewis may win easy again to make it 4-4 going into 2017 when the rules change.

(Respect to Vettel. He is a true racer. He is so gutted to be out of the title hunt even when we think he wasnt in the title hunt. He is a winner. I have gained more and more respect for him this season)

Javi013
26th October 2015, 00:14
Fully deserved, I admire this driver, I can't really remember any mistake this season from Lewis

I'm only sad because he has now more titles than a man that has at least the same talent as him...

Nitrodaze
26th October 2015, 00:18
Congratulation Lewis, A well deserved 3rd title.
This is Hamilton's strongest title win. He dominated as a real champion that he is and sealed the title with 3 races to go. This one is special because unlike the first 2 which went to the wire with a high level of uncertainty of the championship winner until the very last race, this 3rd title was clinched comprehensively with very clear dominance of the field.

He can set his sights now on matching Vettel's four titles in 2016 and surpassing his hero Senna. With the continued dominance of the Mercedes engine, this is all so realistic.

Triumph
26th October 2015, 01:15
Well done Lewis. I would be surprised if he doesn't win at least one more world title, so we have that to look forward to. Or if not, then I hope Vettel can win some more.

Tazio
26th October 2015, 02:39
Congrat's to the Boss, well deserved!

rjbetty
26th October 2015, 06:39
Just got in from a long night's work, loaded up the bbc page wondering about the result, then was presented with "Hamilton wins 3rd title". Real happy for him, very deserving. This is making up for those relatively barren years of disappointment.

We just need at least one more title for Alonso now.

Storm
26th October 2015, 20:03
I guess he was always good enough for 3.

Really hard to see Alonso stuck on 2 though. If he is double champion while Vettel a 5/6 and Hamilton a 4/5 time champion it will be travesty if it isn't already.

Zico
26th October 2015, 20:30
The most dominant season performance by Lewis for his third WDC, thoroughly deserved, well done.

Yep, Alonso deserves a couple more now though to set things right. ;)

steveaki13
26th October 2015, 20:56
I think Lewis won this title without a wobble. Unlike 2008 & 2014. So he should only get stronger.

Did anyone here him get the year of his first title wrong on Sky UK? He was talking about his first title in 2007.................... :rotflmao:

henners88
26th October 2015, 21:24
I guess he was always good enough for 3.

Really hard to see Alonso stuck on 2 though. If he is double champion while Vettel a 5/6 and Hamilton a 4/5 time champion it will be travesty if it isn't already.
I can't see Alonso getting another championship before he retires in 1 to 2 years time. As much as it is a travesty I can also be safe in the knowledge he is the best driver of this generation. I'm a Hamilton fan and also a big admirer of Fernando and we all know how good he is. Two world titles is more than many drivers end their careers with and its been a shame Fernando could not have challenged more over the past 9 years. Sadly some of his decisions a few years ago sculpted how his future turned out and I wish I could rewind time and shake the lad. Had he kept his head he could be where Lewis is now and ending his career on a multi championship run. He is still a legend in my eyes though.

anfield5
26th October 2015, 21:53
I think it is quite well known that I am not a fan of Hamilton in any way shape or form... but credit where it is due. He made very few mistakes and dominated his team mate, so what more could he do?

Sure a Merc was always going to win this time round, but much like the Red Bull years, it is not the drivers fault that his car is best.

As for next year, there is no reason to suspect that Merc will not be better than all again, and Rosberg is average at best, so there is a real likelihood of another title for Hamilton. Ferrari and Vettel might challenge more closely, if Ferrari can continue on their upswing, but Merc know this and will undoubtedly put in an even bigger effort in the off season. Can't see Honda finding a magic bullet, so Alonso wont be a factor and it will be difficult for RedBull if the Dans have to push the cars around the track

Big Ben
26th October 2015, 22:51
He did the job at hand but let's face it, did any driver had it so easy before? Did any team benefit from regulations like the ones that are in place right now when one team gets it right and gets to dominate for years? I've started watching f1 in 1996 and the last couple of seasons have been the weakest I've seen. Not his fault but there's been absolutely nothing worth remembering from his last 2 wdc. There's a big chance his next wdc will be just as forgettable.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

henners88
26th October 2015, 23:00
He did the job at hand but let's face it, did any driver had it so easy before? Did any team benefit from regulations like the ones that are in place right now when one team gets it right and gets to dominate for years? I've started watching f1 in 1996 and the last couple of seasons have been the weakest I've seen. Not his fault but there's been absolutely nothing worth remembering from his last 2 wdc. There's a big chance his next wdc will be just as forgettable.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

We've had some good racing these last couple of years, not all the time but we've had some of the best races in the sports history too. Unfortunately in F1 it has always been the case that the best car and driver win the championship and Mercedes have had nobody come close. We had 4 straight years of Vettel dominance and 5 straight years of Schumacher making us yawn all the way to the finish. That is just the way f1 is and Hamilton's championships are in no way inferior to anybody else's. He's been lucky with the car and regs and that is all any team asks for. It's not like he lacks the talent to to get to the finish.

All that said I have only watched 2 full races this season and the rest highlights or even missed them completely. That isn't Hamilton's fault though or the racing. F1 is changing and no longer does it need to be witnessed, but at least recorded in history.

anfield5
26th October 2015, 23:11
As I said, he was in the only car capable of winning the title, but he did dominate his team mate (ok Rosberg is average at best) and more importantly he didn't make ore than one or two errors.

Big Ben
27th October 2015, 08:37
We've had some good racing these last couple of years, not all the time but we've had some of the best races in the sports history too. Unfortunately in F1 it has always been the case that the best car and driver win the championship and Mercedes have had nobody come close. We had 4 straight years of Vettel dominance and 5 straight years of Schumacher making us yawn all the way to the finish. That is just the way f1 is and Hamilton's championships are in no way inferior to anybody else's. He's been lucky with the car and regs and that is all any team asks for. It's not like he lacks the talent to to get to the finish.

All that said I have only watched 2 full races this season and the rest highlights or even missed them completely. That isn't Hamilton's fault though or the racing. F1 is changing and no longer does it need to be witnessed, but at least recorded in history.

I didn't say it didn't happened before that a team dominated for several years. What I don't recall ever happening is having the rules that actually seals the pecking order for such a long period of time. Did anyone have any doubts who's going to win the title this year even before the first race? Does anyone have much hope for next season? Hamilton is an excellent driver but I was more impressed by his first 2 seasons with all the mistakes than by the last 2. Or when he grabbed a win here and there from a Vettel driving a much better car.

IMO as long as we have that retarded gimmick called DRS there's not going to be anything that can be included in the "best races in the sports history" category.

The Black Knight
27th October 2015, 11:25
I didn't say it didn't happened before that a team dominated for several years. What I don't recall ever happening is having the rules that actually seals the pecking order for such a long period of time. Did anyone have any doubts who's going to win the title this year even before the first race? Does anyone have much hope for next season? Hamilton is an excellent driver but I was more impressed by his first 2 seasons with all the mistakes than by the last 2. Or when he grabbed a win here and there from a Vettel driving a much better car.

IMO as long as we have that retarded gimmick called DRS there's not going to be anything that can be included in the "best races in the sports history" category.

Yeah I agree and DRS really needs to be done away with. I don't mind the concept of DRS in itself but only if every driver gets it and not just the driver behind within a second of the car in front. It's the way that DRS is being used is my main problem with it.

jens
27th October 2015, 15:46
Congrats to Hamilton for the WDC!

As for the Alonso discussion. Well, title counts are never based on "fairness", whatever it means for anyone. One of the all-time legends, Jim Clark, also has 2 titles. One less than Jack Brabham. Other legends and benchmarks of their time, such as Moss and G. Villeneuve, didn't get any titles at all. So 2 titles for Alonso is nothing to sniff at - it is a good achievement.

But it is always the rule that in addition to talent you need to sit in the right cars as well to win titles - and not everyone can sit in the "right cars" simultaneously. Usually only one top driver at a time!

Back to Hamilton. It doesn't really look like he is about to stop at "3". And who knows, where could momentum bring him from here. Remember, at the age of 30 M. Schumacher was still only on 2 WDCs!

Jag_Warrior
27th October 2015, 16:39
I'm hoping that Hamilton can get #4 next season. But with how strongly Ferrari has come on over the past year, I'm expecting much more of a dog fight next year (from Vettel anyway). And between next weekend and the end of next season, I'd love to see him move to #2 on the wins list, with at least 52 victories.

Nitrodaze
27th October 2015, 16:52
I'm hoping that Hamilton can get #4 next season. But with how strongly Ferrari has come on over the past year, I'm expecting much more of a dog fight next year (from Vettel anyway). And between next weekend and the end of next season, I'd love to see him move to #2 on the wins list, with at least 52 victories.

The anticipation of a Vettel Hamilton duel next season is so tantalizing l want to fast forward to next season already. A battle of two of the most successful drivers in F1 at the moment is bound to make 2016 an epic season. It would be great if Alonso can somehow dip into the duel on occasions as well.

steveaki13
27th October 2015, 21:04
The anticipation of a Vettel Hamilton duel next season is so tantalizing l want to fast forward to next season already. A battle of two of the most successful drivers in F1 at the moment is bound to make 2016 an epic season. It would be great if Alonso can somehow dip into the duel on occasions as well.

A battle bewteen two of the most successful drivers ever.

A title fight between a 3 times world champion and a 4 times world champion is very rare. Senna v Prost for a few races in 1994 must be the only occasion.

gm99
27th October 2015, 22:38
A battle bewteen two of the most successful drivers ever.

A title fight between a 3 times world champion and a 4 times world champion is very rare. Senna v Prost for a few races in 1994 must be the only occasion.

Prost didn't race in 1994...

steveaki13
27th October 2015, 23:16
Prost didn't race in 1994...

God I must be slipping. :p:confused:

Thanks for correcting me :) Even rarer then lol.

jens
29th October 2015, 17:01
I wouldn't yet project a titanic title battle for 2016. History is littered with great expectations before the next season only for the season itself to turn out dull. Though of course - some seasons indeed turn out to be legendary as well.