PDA

View Full Version : 2016 WRC Calendar

Sulland
17th October 2015, 22:11
Fighting on 13 vs 14 rounds, and where they should be arranged. Promotor, teams and FIA does not agree.

Monte Carlo and Korsika has not signed, and we could se ERC snap them up, like in the IRC days.

How would you like the 2016 calendar to lookk like, and why?

Eli
17th October 2015, 22:33
Fighting on 13 vs 14 rounds, and where they should be arranged. Promotor, teams and FIA does not agree.

Monte Carlo and Korsika has not signed, and we could se ERC snap them up, like in the IRC days.

How would you like the 2016 calendar to lookk like, and why?

First off it's Corsica & not Korsica & if Corsica sucks like it did this year (organizers aspect) it shouldn't be on the calendar & it would be nice to see what China can throw up it's sleeve. Although competitively it would be better if the WRC had more rounds to my opinion. Would be a shame to lose Monte-Carlo, already lost it's WRC status back in '09,'10'11. would be nice to see other new & old events come (back) to the calendar but that's beyond 2016.

stefanvv
17th October 2015, 22:55
14 rounds are fine for me, just shorten the tests. Rallye de France is recommended, even if it is just for all stages TV coverage....

Franky
17th October 2015, 23:25
I think one round is enough. Starts in late January and ends mid-November.

Simmi
18th October 2015, 01:08
I just want to see some dates on a page so I can start planning for next year. If they need to ditch a rally (which they won't) then get rid of Corsica for 2016 and give them 18 months to get a really amazing event together.

French_Paulo
18th October 2015, 12:43
14rounds is good for me. But i want more "world rallies"... WRC is, at the moment, ERC and some rallies in the rest of the world. Monte-Carlo & Corica could be join ERC.
Bring Back New-Zealand !!

AndyRAC
18th October 2015, 12:51
Agree about NZ, criminal that it's left out; should always be in the WRC, rather than Australia - which is a 'nothing' event since it left Perth.

I do think the early season needs a proper full Tarmac event; Corsica in early May would be welcome. However, both Monte & Corsica have yet to sign. Could be interesting.

Toyoda
18th October 2015, 23:54
Bring back NZ!

dodge33cymru
19th October 2015, 09:06
This is getting daft, rumours the Monte might not be in and it's only 3 months away...

AL14
19th October 2015, 09:19
What's the problem with TV rights? Why Monte and Corsica are the only two not acting like the others?

itix
19th October 2015, 13:16
The promoter would never be so stupid as to leave out MC again. They did that mistake once and probably (hopefully) never again. MC has always been allowed more freedom than the rest and I hope this will continue. It is literally the worlds oldest rally and so great to watch.

If they don't want to sign, the promoter will let them onto the calendar anyway, I am sure. It is their commercially most lucrative rally I'm sure. No other motorsport going on so early in the year, stunning scenery, unpredictability, history in the loads...

They'd be upsetting sponsors and everything... the Monte has that kind of power.

Andre Oliveira
19th October 2015, 13:50
What's the problem with TV rights? Why Monte and Corsica are the only two not acting like the others?

Because are the only ones that have comparation times with IRC/ERC and WRC coverage

rallyfiend
19th October 2015, 14:05
Because are the only ones that have comparation times with IRC/ERC and WRC coverage

And yet they both dumped the IRC / ERC to come back to WRC.....

AL14
19th October 2015, 18:01
Forgive my ignorance Andre, but what are comparation times?

SubaruNorway
19th October 2015, 18:44
Not sure if they are next year but why would MC want to start in the middle of the week on a Wednesday and end on a Friday or Saturday as i think they did one year? Any good reason for it?

Andre Oliveira
19th October 2015, 19:34
Sorry, my bad. Comparation between seasons with IRC/ERC coverage and WRC coverage :)

AndyRAC
19th October 2015, 19:35
Not sure if they are next year but why would MC want to start in the middle of the week on a Wednesday and end on a Friday or Saturday as i think they did one year? Any good reason for it?

I actually preferred the years they ran it that way. In fact, I think some events worked better midweek than the weekend; the old RAC got huge crowds, and usually ran from Sunday - Weds/ Thursday. Weekends are crowded with more popular sporting events - moving some events to midweek wouldn't hurt. Obviously it won't happen.

AL14
19th October 2015, 20:07
Sorry, my bad. Comparation between seasons with IRC/ERC coverage and WRC coverage :)
Oh ok thanks. It is clear now, so basically they want more money from promoter? Lol, I can understand Monte but Corsica...
BTW it is not nice move, every other round agreed with actual offer, they should not do this. WRC needs Monte for sure, but Monte needs WRC. They can have a great event in ERC but it is not the same thing.

tommeke_B
19th October 2015, 22:12
Oh ok thanks. It is clear now, so basically they want more money from promoter? Lol, I can understand Monte but Corsica...
No, they don't want more money, they want to pay less to the promotor... ;)

AL14
20th October 2015, 00:07
No, they don't want more money, they want to pay less to the promotor... ;)

lol, yes I meant to write that but did the opposite. thanks ;)

EstWRC
20th October 2015, 18:31
Rally Jordania wants to be back too http://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/rally-jordan-eyes-return-to-wrc-calendar/

itix
21st October 2015, 03:16
I for one wouldn't mind that. Half of the middle east is already in the WRC 1, 2 and 3 so why shouldn't WRC be in the middle east?
A bit of a rougness and toughness test as well as the visual difficulties to tell where the road goes etc etc. That was definitely a rally that test your notes system!

Sure, not a huge number of spectators and difficult political situation in the area but...

rayh_mx
21st October 2015, 17:53
Do any of you have the dates that are being made each of the Rounds?