AndyL
25th September 2015, 11:30
We've missed two sessions now but let's check the times of the remaining ones:

Saturday 26 Sept
Free practice 3 starts: BST 4:00 AM, local 12:00 PM
Qualifying starts: BST 7:00 AM, local 3:00 PM
Sunday 27 Sept
Race starts: BST 6:00 AM, local 2:00 PM

Sainz and Kvyat have topped the rain-affected practice sessions today. The weather forecast is better for the rest of the weekend, but with a possibility of a light shower on Sunday.

Mia 01
25th September 2015, 11:52
Rain, rain and more rain. Hope it stays dry tomorrow.

Nitrodaze
25th September 2015, 11:53
I finally got a chance to hear the Honda engine properly. Wow it has got a really great sound, kind of a fat bubbly sound at low revs and liter motorbike sound at high revs. I love it. Shame it is not fast.

And hello Mia

Nitrodaze
25th September 2015, 12:34
Suzuka is always a great race to watch and the Japanese do embrace the weekend with creative zeal. I can't help appreciating those hats with all kinds racing car wings. Atmosphere looks great.

steveaki13
25th September 2015, 14:26
I like a bit of rain. However these days races get cancelled if its too wet.

steveaki13
25th September 2015, 22:38
I really would love to see Kimi win this one. He has had so much bad luck this season, he really deserves some good luck and for it all to come together. Nothing against Seb, but Kimi needs it.

dj_bytedisaster
26th September 2015, 05:06
I really would love to see Kimi win this one. He has had so much bad luck this season, he really deserves some good luck and for it all to come together. Nothing against Seb, but Kimi needs it.

He might need it, but he hasn't got it anymore. Sorry, but every time Seb wins we hear that Kimi was 'uncomfortable with the car'. He's just past his sell-by date.

N4D13
26th September 2015, 08:15
What happened to Max? It's odd to spin there on what I would expect to be an out lap, but it's also really strange to stop your car there of all possible places.

Edit: Autosport says spin.

Edit: Antena 3 says that he had a sudden power loss.

truefan72
26th September 2015, 08:57
well. that was tough luck in Q1 and Q3
thankfully Kyatt is ok
But...both sessions have really been ruined by incidents not allowing folks to improve.
oh well
on to the race

henners88
26th September 2015, 09:14
Glad Kvyat is ok after that smash. Nico will probably shake his hand as it effectively handed him pole after Hamilton looking stronger in every session.

It'll be a race to watch this one.

longisland
26th September 2015, 09:32
We just found the answer for track limits. I'm not advocating hazard to drivers but Kvyat's shunt serves a reminder the penalty on driver error. I'm not a fan of the AstroTurf, it would be better off with rumble strips/ same goes to other Tarmac runoffs. the run offs should be able to slow the cars down as a deterrent and a safety feature. I'm suggesting a rough surface pavement.

henners88
26th September 2015, 13:23
I quite like having the grass as it forces the driver to respect the limit. If they don't then they have a shunt.

Nitrodaze
26th September 2015, 15:26
I quite like having the grass as it forces the driver to respect the limit. If they don't then they have a shunt.

In the wet or abit of damp, grass is as good as driving on ice as it does little to slow the cars. Gravel has been the best answer in the past l think. It is very effective at slowing the cars and they get bugged down in it as punishment for their mistake. Astroturf is no better than grass in damp conditions.

That accident looked like a repeat of Bianchi all over again for a moment [ l mean fatal]. Glad Kyvat is ok and unscathed. I am sort of happy for Rosberg, as his season has seemed quite ordinary by his 2014 standard. Winning tomorrow is another thing but he has the job half done at this stage.

Mercedes must be quite relieved to resume their dominant position after Singapore. I would be glad to eat humble pie if hey continue on this path to the end of the season.

dj_bytedisaster
26th September 2015, 15:27

That's all jolly well, but not every overstepping the track limits is intentional, and a driver error shouldn't come with the death penalty. On one hand we want drivers to push hard, which means inevitably mistakes are made, but on the other hand we want to see them punished if they leave the track. Well, Jules Bianchi went off-track...

Nitrodaze
26th September 2015, 15:31
That's all jolly well, but not every overstepping the track limits is intentional, and a driver error shouldn't come with the death penalty. On one hand we want drivers to push hard, which means inevitably mistakes are made, but on the other hand we want to see them punished if they leave the track. Well, Jules Bianchi went off-track...

I agree, on tight circuits like Suzuka, an effective run off that slows the cars dramatically is required. Lessens hasn't been learnt in this area of the track.

henners88
26th September 2015, 15:37
Sorry perhaps you are right. I get my priorities mixed up as I enjoy road racing where the danger is the thrill and with f1 the aim has gone the other way. Safe is good even if it waters the thrill down a bit. I wouldn't want to see another Bianchi incident either.

steveaki13
27th September 2015, 06:56
Morning Guys, Girls, Donkeys and Dawgs

Koz
27th September 2015, 07:03
Is it me or did Hamilton push Rosberg off the track?

steveaki13
27th September 2015, 07:13
It was rude but unless the stewards look at it, I guess it was fine.

Koz
27th September 2015, 07:19
Williams actually did something interesting and right with their pits!
A miracle!

steveaki13
27th September 2015, 07:26
:p

Good move by Rosberg. Really needed that.

I wonder if he can catch Vettel?

The Black Knight
27th September 2015, 07:34
After that overtake by Rosberg which Bottas could have completely prevented, I am going to go out on a limb and say that I think Bottas is overrated and, to be quite frank, useless.

I really can't see what the big hype is about the man.

steveaki13
27th September 2015, 07:42
Alonso saying the engine is embarrassing and then saying its a GP2 engine......

Not a happy bunny

N4D13
27th September 2015, 07:43
After that overtake by Rosberg which Bottas could have completely prevented, I am going to go out on a limb and say that I think Bottas is overrated and, to be quite frank, useless.

I really can't see what the big hype is about the man.
Well, I think that was completely unexpected, so I can't blame Bottas for that. It's like when Kobayashi used to divebomb in the hairpin and pulled lots of overtakes there. If the car being overtaken doesn't yield, it's just a crash.

By the way, I'm sure there will be some ear tweaking in McLaren after Alonso complained about his "GP2 engine".

kfzmeister
27th September 2015, 07:43
Alonso saying the engine is embarrassing and then saying its a GP2 engine......

Oh maaaaaaan, did he just really say that????

AndyL
27th September 2015, 07:45
Alonso: "GP2 Engine! AAARGH!" Uncomfortable listening for the Honda bosses in their back yard.

N4D13
27th September 2015, 07:46
Is it me or did Hamilton push Rosberg off the track?
He did, but it's not like there is a lot of room in these corners - you certainly can't drive in parallel to another car there.

steveaki13
27th September 2015, 07:47
Oh maaaaaaan, did he just really say that????

Yep.

steveaki13
27th September 2015, 07:47
Williams strategy resumes its usual giving places away.

Rosberg up to second.

The Black Knight
27th September 2015, 07:50
Well, I think that was completely unexpected, so I can't blame Bottas for that. It's like when Kobayashi used to divebomb in the hairpin and pulled lots of overtakes there. If the car being overtaken doesn't yield, it's just a crash.

By the way, I'm sure there will be some ear tweaking in McLaren after Alonso complained about his "GP2 engine".

There have been many overtakes at that corner throughout the years so I can't see how it could be unexpected.

I can't blame Alonso for what he is sayings Hinda should have know the challenge they faced when coming into F1 and starting development so late on that Engine. It is going to take them years to catch up.

steveaki13
27th September 2015, 07:50
Pretty dull Japanese GP so far. :( Mostly DRS passing or pit passing.

steveaki13
27th September 2015, 08:01
Alonso now saying

Who are these guys we are racing? Poor guys! :D

Koz
27th September 2015, 08:04
He is trying to get sacked by humiliating Honda?

N4D13
27th September 2015, 08:08
The best evidence that the race has been a borefest is that most comments until now have only been about Alo's whining.

steveaki13
27th September 2015, 08:10
Of all the races this season, I think I would say only 3 have been good.

The rest have been OK or worse. A very poor season IMO.

steveaki13
27th September 2015, 08:11
Rossi just about passes Stevens in that scary moment.

kfzmeister
27th September 2015, 08:14
I can't blame Alonso for what he is sayings Hinda should have know the challenge they faced when coming into F1 and starting development so late on that Engine. It is going to take them years to catch up.

I think it really is more due to them not inviting/ recruiting people with know-how, like has been mentioned. They stubbornly refuse and insist on figuring it all out themselves. That is costing them sweet time. Honda is seriously gonna have to pay McLarens way next year, cause all sponsors will be gone!

steveaki13
27th September 2015, 08:23
Nasr retiring because he was behind a Mclaren Honda? :p;)

truefan72
27th September 2015, 09:02
I am split on the Alonso comments. On one hand it was really not the right race to air his grievances over the radio. On the other hand I understand his frustration. but overall. i think he should have kept quiet just one race instead of embarrassing the team and honda ( more than their poor car) on their home soil in front of all their people.

I know he thinks he is trying to send a message but, I fail to understand what that message is going to yield.
Nothing will change at Mclaren until ron dennis leaves.

But Herbert's comments are a little miopic and angry though

henners88
27th September 2015, 09:10
I'm glad he's airing his frustration because Honda need more pressure to resolve this situation. Alonso deserves better than this and he's remained professional IMO.

In any other form of Motorsport we'd see drivers/riders giving their team grief and I think Ron Dennis shares Fernandos views in any case.

Great to see Hamilton force his authority back over Nico again. A well deserved win.

steveaki13
27th September 2015, 09:13
I think everyone knows that Alonso is very emotional and passionate and that will sometimes overspill and lead to this. Even though its probably not right, it is also not a surprise to me.

Nitrodaze
27th September 2015, 13:22
I think Alonso should have been a little bit sensitive to amount of support given to the Mclaren team by the Japanese fans. That said, it was obviously very difficult and frustrating to not be in a position to give these fans a positive race. But this is Alonso we love, he tells you like it is. He is a relentless racer, a winner and a world champion, he can be forgiven for his lapse of sensitivity on this occassion.

zako85
27th September 2015, 16:36
The camera focus on the battle for 12th position in the remaining 10-15 laps showed that racing can be interesting even with predictable race winners.

Also, with both Red Bulls having a poor start, as well as Massa, it was interesting to observe which of the midfield teams would capitalize on this situation. Force India, Lotus, and STR should be heading home pretty satisfied. Lotus did very well for its current financial situation, with 7-8 double-points finish. The Toro Rossos did pretty fine by scooping up the remaining points positions 9 and 10. Niko Hulkenberg did incredibly well, by finishing 6th after starting 13th in the gird.

Nitrodaze
27th September 2015, 19:34
The camera focus on the battle for 12th position in the remaining 10-15 laps showed that racing can be interesting even with predictable race winners.

I have to say, the televising of the Suzuka race wasn't great. The producer did not give the full spread of the grid an even coverage. We missed a lot of relevant actions, like Kimi getting into 4th, Hulkenberg reaching 6th or the Lotus pair securing top ten possitions for example. The coverage spent a lot of time on the actions outside the top ten and missed a lot of the action within the top ten. The top ten teams missed out on air time for their sponsors as a result.
The race appeared boring because the coverage was too narrow, thus made it appear boring.

Nitrodaze
27th September 2015, 19:49
On commentating, l have to compliment the pairing of Edwards and Coultard. Their commentating has been quite enjoyable and exemplary. The best pairing the BBC has put forward since Murray Walker and Martin Brundle. I am finding Coultard in particular most refreshing. He has become quite objective in his commentary and refreshingly candid with his frank but honest opinions. And Jordan is alway entertaining to behold. Suzi anchors the whole event in a manner that simply surpasses any of her predecessors. The BBC F1 team in general have made the limited coverage of F1 in recent times more bearable with their exemplary performance. Bravo guys, thumbs up from me.

AndyL
27th September 2015, 21:31
I have to say, the televising of the Suzuka race wasn't great. The producer did not give the full spread of the grid an even coverage. We missed a lot of relevant actions, like Kimi getting into 4th, Hulkenberg reaching 6th or the Lotus pair securing top ten possitions for example. The coverage spent a lot of time on the actions outside the top ten and missed a lot of the action within the top ten. The top ten teams missed out on air time for their sponsors as a result.
The race appeared boring because the coverage was too narrow, thus made it appear boring.

Martin Brundle suggested that Mercedes weren't getting any TV coverage as punishment for refusing to supply engines to Red Bull. He was joking - I think...

dj_bytedisaster
27th September 2015, 22:55
Martin Brundle suggested that Mercedes weren't getting any TV coverage as punishment for refusing to supply engines to Red Bull. He was joking - I think...

Not quite. Bernie's arse is up against the wall. If nobody gives RB engines, he loses two teams. With Lotus still in limbo, it could very well be three. It's not the first time he's used TV blackballing as a 'negotiation tool'.

Bagwan
28th September 2015, 01:48
On that "forceful" move by Hamilton , he said :
“I didn’t feel it was particularly that close. The inside line is the inside line so it was my corner. We were very close – I was understeering, running out of grip. I imagine Nico ran out of road but that is what happens when you’re on the outside.”

So , it wasn't that close , but they were very close ?
What ?

Nervous answer , where he admits he understeered into Nico's path , forcing him off the track , because he had the right to do so , being that he was on the inside .

And , Nico says he had to run wide to avoid an accident , which was a very measured response .

This is exactly the same situation that had Nico angry enough last year to hold his ground and be a part of an accident .

And Hamilton knows it .
He had acres of space to his right , and pushed his team mate off .

There is no doubt in my mind that had they been on different teams , there would have been a protest of the move .

rjbetty
28th September 2015, 05:54
“I didn’t feel it was particularly that close. The inside line is the inside line so it was my corner. We were very close – I was understeering, running out of grip. I imagine Nico ran out of road but that is what happens when you’re on the outside.”

What ?

Nervous answer , where he admits he understeered into Nico's path , forcing him off the track , because he had the right to do so , being that he was on the inside .

And , Nico says he had to run wide to avoid an accident , which was a very measured response .

This is exactly the same situation that had Nico angry enough last year to hold his ground and be a part of an accident .

And Hamilton knows it .
He had acres of space to his right , and pushed his team mate off .

There is no doubt in my mind that had they been on different teams , there would have been a protest of the move .

Oh shut up :mad:

Big Ben
28th September 2015, 08:26

What ?

He's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but a tool nevertheless.

Mia 01
28th September 2015, 11:29
The stewards are afraid of the powerful Mercedes board. Thats why no punishment.

rjbetty
28th September 2015, 12:04
The stewards are afraid of the powerful Mercedes board. Thats why no punishment.

Could be. Maybe that's why Nico Rosberg never got punished for anything last year.

But then Bernie is acting like a child messing about with Mercedes' TV time, so he's probably not afraid of upsetting them.

Bagwan
28th September 2015, 13:26
Oh shut up :mad:

Yeah , I know .
This one's hard to defend , isn't it ?

By the way , did you notice Seb , feeding into the awkward pre-podium moments , by speaking with Nico in German ?
Fart smella that Seb . Stir the pot .

Bagwan
28th September 2015, 13:34
He's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but a tool nevertheless.

The inside line is the inside line .

dj_bytedisaster
28th September 2015, 13:53
Autosport now saying that Rosberg was down on power due to engine heat related issues and Wolff blames it on Nico's formation lap. Seriously? Is that guy trying to tell us you can actually overheat the engine on the formation lap? My guess would be he was left sitting on the grid a trifle too long. It's a pet peeve I've had with F1 for ages. The front row cars are idling forever in cars that rely on moving for the cooling.

henners88
28th September 2015, 14:07
The inside line is the inside line .

My thoughts exactly which is why Rosberg ran out of space on the outside and was forced to avoid the closing gap on the exit.

Racing can be tough, especially when not on the inside line.

henners88
28th September 2015, 14:08
Autosport now saying that Rosberg was down on power due to engine heat related issues and Wolff blames it on Nico's formation lap. Seriously? Is that guy trying to tell us you can actually overheat the engine on the formation lap? My guess would be he was left sitting on the grid a trifle too long. It's a pet peeve I've had with F1 for ages. The front row cars are idling forever in cars that rely on moving for the cooling.

It wouldn't be the first time it had happened. Barrichello overheated his engine on a formation lap in 2009. It's happened a few times with drivers throughout the years.

I am evil Homer
28th September 2015, 14:55
If that's true (still an 'if' but could explain the slower start) perhaps that's by product of the 'no communication/help' for the starts? For example, if you could see on the monitor that the back of the field is a long way behind, you could back it up a little, avoid sitting on the grid too long.

henners88
28th September 2015, 18:32
Just imagine Rosberg = Rene Arnoux, Hamilton = Gilles and on Sunday we were watching Formula One and the start was actually ok Bagwan. ;)

The Black Knight
28th September 2015, 21:10

This annoys me as well and the only way to resolve it is for it to be like a safety car situation where you can't stay more then say 3-4 car lengths behind the car in front coming up to the grid. It's the way it is now, but I agree that something should be done about it as, potentially, a team could use it to their advantage if their car was sat running 2nd and the other car much further back decided to take his sweet time eating to his grid slot. There should be some unambiguous rules implemented to govern this type of situation.

The Black Knight
28th September 2015, 21:12
My thoughts exactly which is why Rosberg ran out of space on the outside and was forced to avoid the closing gap on the exit.

Racing can be tough, especially when not on the inside line.

And when not on the racing line, as Hammy was on Sunday and in Belgium last year where Rosberg blatantly took Hammy out of it!

dj_bytedisaster
29th September 2015, 10:03
And when not on the racing line, as Hammy was on Sunday and in Belgium last year where Rosberg blatantly took Hammy out of it!

Rosberg did not take Hamilton out at Spa. It was in fact pretty much the same situation as on Sunday. Hamilton squeezed Rosberg into a tight space and gave him a simple choice: Back off or have a crash. At Spa Nico didn't back off and option 2 happened. You make it sound as if he was deliberately crashing into Hamilton, which is wrong.

There are several cases of that happening, where Hamilton brought them into such a choice - Bahrain '14, Hungary '14. It was always the same: He ran Nico out of space and left him only that one choice. Same happened at turn 1 in Suzuka. Maybe Lewis just doesn't trust his ability to overtake in a clean fight.

henners88
29th September 2015, 14:49
I think it's a bit rich excusing Rosberg when it comes to squeezing drivers off track. In Bahrain 2013 he put Alonso on the gravel approaching turn 3 and did the same with Lewis the following year. Lewis did the same back to him of course.

Let's look at this clearly rather than executing favouritism. Both these guys are guilty of pushing their luck which is why I have no issue with what happened on Sunday.

Bagwan
29th September 2015, 16:07
I think it's a bit rich excusing Rosberg when it comes to squeezing drivers off track. In Bahrain 2013 he put Alonso on the gravel approaching turn 3 and did the same with Lewis the following year. Lewis did the same back to him of course.

Let's look at this clearly rather than executing favouritism. Both these guys are guilty of pushing their luck which is why I have no issue with what happened on Sunday.

They have a clear directive from the team due to prior indiscretions , and Nico followed this policy .

Whereas Lewis knew he didn't .

He got away with one , as his team was never going to protest him forcing his team mate off .

The Black Knight
29th September 2015, 18:40
Rosberg did not take Hamilton out at Spa. It was in fact pretty much the same situation as on Sunday. Hamilton squeezed Rosberg into a tight space and gave him a simple choice: Back off or have a crash. At Spa Nico didn't back off and option 2 happened. You make it sound as if he was deliberately crashing into Hamilton, which is wrong.

There are several cases of that happening, where Hamilton brought them into such a choice - Bahrain '14, Hungary '14. It was always the same: He ran Nico out of space and left him only that one choice. Same happened at turn 1 in Suzuka. Maybe Lewis just doesn't trust his ability to overtake in a clean fight.

Yes he did, Hamilton had the racing line in Spa. As evidenced by the accident, his from wing was nearly level with Hamilton's rear tire. So, instead of being a man and accepting he lost the position, he turned the steering wheel into him and punctured his tire. Therefore, I have no issue with Hammy serving him some humble pie, to the cheat Rosberg! karma is a bitcg and it is biting Rosberg for Monaco and Spa last year.

henners88
29th September 2015, 18:55
They have a clear directive from the team due to prior indiscretions , and Nico followed this policy .

Whereas Lewis knew he didn't .

He got away with one , as his team was never going to protest him forcing his team mate off .
He didn't force him off, he took the line, was ahead and it was Nico's responsibility at that point to not cause an accident. There is no issue, it's not even in the F1 headlines.

This is only an issue on forums for bashers with axes to grind. We all know the agenda here and that's the last I will say on it.

See you all next race if there is something interesting to discuss.

Nitrodaze
30th September 2015, 09:05
On cold tyres as it is at all start of the race, close racing like it was at Suzuka was always going to result in some sliding due to lose of grip at the corners. It was unfortunate for Rosberg that he could not get his car ahead, hence was going to lose the racing line to the car that was ahead. Should Hamilton have given some room to Nico? I don't think he could without handing over the advantage to him. Particularly with the car losing grip as it did at that corner.
I am sure Rosberg did not enjoy being wedged out at the corner, but that was going to happen regardless of who the driver in front was Hamilton or Vettel. This is racing, get ahead or get dumped back.

dj_bytedisaster
1st October 2015, 14:23
Yes he did, Hamilton had the racing line in Spa. As evidenced by the accident, his from wing was nearly level with Hamilton's rear tire. So, instead of being a man and accepting he lost the position, he turned the steering wheel into him and punctured his tire. Therefore, I have no issue with Hammy serving him some humble pie, to the cheat Rosberg! karma is a bitcg and it is biting Rosberg for Monaco and Spa last year.

This is the sort of response that immediately identifies a Hamfosi. If Rosberg is a cheat, please list the cases and penalties from the gouverning body he received for his transgressions. In case you can't, you shouldn't be bandying about such allegations.

The Black Knight
1st October 2015, 16:19
This is the sort of response that immediately identifies a Hamfosi. If Rosberg is a cheat, please list the cases and penalties from the gouverning body he received for his transgressions. In case you can't, you shouldn't be bandying about such allegations.

Lol this is rich coming from a Bieberboy.

Fortunately for Rosberg he's lucky that the governing body favours some drivers over others and, certainly, I think Warwick has been very lenient on Rosberg because he's buddy's with his Dad which, imo, should by default mean that he should never be involved in the stewarding of incidents involving Rosberg.

It's widely accepted in the Pitlane that Rosberg intentionally instigated Monaco qualifying but got no penalty.

As for Spa, once again, he clearly l intentionally took a second swipe at the steering wheel to take Hamny out. It's there in the video footage - Hamilton had the racing line and was entitled to take it, Rosberg then took a swipe at him.

This is actually a pet peeve of mine in F1 - drivers getting away with this sort of thing and, it's much like many sports, the guilty aren't always convicted, just like life, but that doesn't mean they aren't guilty!

dj_bytedisaster
3rd October 2015, 23:30
It's widely accepted in the Pitlane that Rosberg intentionally instigated Monaco qualifying but got no penalty.

Are you familiar with the term 'weasel words'? And how can you know what's widely accepted in the pitlane? You never were in one, at least not during an F1 race.

As for Spa, once again, he clearly l intentionally took a second swipe at the steering wheel to take Hamny out. It's there in the video footage - Hamilton had the racing line and was entitled to take it, Rosberg then took a swipe at him.

Funny how that 'second swipe' was only seen by people who babble #44 at every possible opportunity. Are you seriously suggesting that Rosberg would still be driving a Merc if he had intentionally taken Hamilton out?

rjbetty
4th October 2015, 04:50

Just wanted to chip in here. I always thought if that's the standard for things, then this thread shouldn't exist.

...Are you seriously suggesting that Rosberg would still be driving a Merc if he had intentionally taken Hamilton out?

Bagwan has answered this already

...He got away with one , as his team was never going to protest him forcing his team mate off .

But I think Henners has already hit the nail exactly on the head. That was a K.O. post imo.

Nitrodaze
4th October 2015, 11:50
Most motorsport site seem to have linked Ecclestone to the coverage of the Suzuka race which gave the Mercedes team as little coverage as was really possible. A coverage that only showed the start and its battle, a brief coverage of the pitstops and very briefly the end showing Hamilton crossing the line to win the race.

My thoughts during the race was that this was the worst TV coverage of a race l have ever seen. But why would Bernie fall out with the Mercedes team? One reason seem to be that he is not happy the Redbull teams are not getting Mercedes engines. Regardless of the reason, if this were true, this would be the most audacious abuse of office ever demonstrated in the clear view of the public. It also demonstrates the considerable power of the rights holders have over the series. Another way to look at it would be to say, it demonstrates how powerless and lacking of commercial influence the FIA is relative to the F1 rights holders. While the relationship of the Right holders and FIA is essentially a symbiotic relationship of sorts, it also seems like a puppeteer to puppet relationship most of the time such as demonstrated at Suzuka. Most of the issues faced in F1 at the moment can be traced to consequence of the unbalance in the relationship between these parties. An example would be the tyre specifications that Pirelli produce their tyres to.

The Black Knight
4th October 2015, 13:09
Are you familiar with the term 'weasel words'? And how can you know what's widely accepted in the pitlane? You never were in one, at least not during an F1 race.

Funny how that 'second swipe' was only seen by people who babble #44 at every possible opportunity. Are you seriously suggesting that Rosberg would still be driving a Merc if he had intentionally taken Hamilton out?

That's a big assumption that I have never been in the pit lane during a race. I generally prefer to go out into track though and watch the action there but I have been in the pit lane during a race, from time to time, however that's really beside the point. If you listen to certain pundits, they have themselves said that it's widely accepted that Rosberg did this intentionally. It's plain as day and, as I said, Rosberg's a lucky boy that Warwick was one of the Stewards.

Yes, Rosberg would be driving a Merc had he tried to take Hammy out as clearly he is still driving a Merc having successfully taken Hammy out.

The second swipe is very clear on the screen. Anthony Davisdon even mentioned it in his analysis of the incident although he stopped short of saying he felt it was intentional, though it clearly was. If you can find it, and I'm sure it's on YouTube, have a look at his analysis, it'll show you the swipe since you're unable to see it with your own eyes.

easy rider
4th October 2015, 21:23

Can anyone honestly, really doubt that Rosberg's action during Q3 at Monaco wasn't deliberate?......it was!

judge for yourself.

https://vimeo.com/96710217

The Black Knight
5th October 2015, 08:40
Can anyone honestly, really doubt that Rosberg's action during Q3 at Monaco wasn't deliberate?......it was!

judge for yourself.

There is absolutely not doubt that it was deliberate. It's clear that he saws the wheel and then locks up. But you know what, the blind will always be blind :)

Anyway, I've had enough of this thread now. See you all in a few days for Russian GP :)

zako85
5th October 2015, 13:54
My thoughts during the race was that this was the worst TV coverage of a race l have ever seen. But why would Bernie fall out with the Mercedes team?

I actually enjoyed the coverage of the last 20 laps. Instead of seeing the front cars driving in solitude for half hour, I really liked the battle for the 12th position. It was a nice battle even with no points involved.

dj_bytedisaster
5th October 2015, 20:47
That's a big assumption that I have never been in the pit lane during a race. I generally prefer to go out into track though and watch the action there but I have been in the pit lane during a race, from time to time, however that's really beside the point.

No you haven't, unless you're riding semantics. I'm 100% positive, you've never been to the pit lane during an F1 weekend. Neither have I, but I was at the winter tests (that's the only accreditation non-commercial bloggers can afford) and what you call 'widely accepted in the pitlane' sounded distinctly different when you talked to people at Jerez and Barcelona, so I'm pretty sure you made that up.

dj_bytedisaster
5th October 2015, 20:49

judge for yourself.

People say, Hamilton wasn't penalized for his 1st corner push at Suzuka, hence it cannot have been deliberate. Rosberg wasn't penalized for Monaco, neither was he penalized for Spa 2014. So which one is it?

Nitrodaze
5th October 2015, 22:14
I actually enjoyed the coverage of the last 20 laps. Instead of seeing the front cars driving in solitude for half hour, I really liked the battle for the 12th position. It was a nice battle even with no points involved.

I have to agree with that, the midfield was where the action was. And there was plenty of good racing action to keep me interested, but l still need occasional reminder of what is going on at the front. Even if the Mercs were running away with it.

Duncan
6th October 2015, 00:26
People say, Hamilton wasn't penalized for his 1st corner push at Suzuka, hence it cannot have been deliberate. Rosberg wasn't penalized for Monaco, neither was he penalized for Spa 2014. So which one is it?

I would characterize all of these incidents as "deliberate" to some extent or another. I kind of get the impression that the stewards treat anything that happens between team mates as self-penalizing and not worthy of action.

I think Nico's Monaco move was deliberate, but with just enough plausible deniability to avoid any penalty. I'm sure Nico studied Michael's clumsy effort a few years earlier at La Rascasse and adjusted accordingly. The swipe at Spa looked pretty plain to me also; unfortunately for him it was just a bit too obvious.

As for Suzuka, that move of Hamilton's had the expected result; it certainly wasn't accidental on Hamilton's part. His attitude was along the lines of "One of us is yielding the corner. And let's face facts, Nico: it's you".

F1 has always included drivers pushing the boundaries of legality, because the mentality is necessarily incredibly aggressive. And you can only find out exactly where the boundary is by going right up to it and over it.

The Black Knight
8th October 2015, 08:52
No you haven't, unless you're riding semantics. I'm 100% positive, you've never been to the pit lane during an F1 weekend. Neither have I, but I was at the winter tests (that's the only accreditation non-commercial bloggers can afford) and what you call 'widely accepted in the pitlane' sounded distinctly different when you talked to people at Jerez and Barcelona, so I'm pretty sure you made that up.

Not riding semantics but how I have been in the pitlane during races is not something I'm going to disclose.

Warriwa
8th October 2015, 13:14
Well I have been in the pitlane during a race. It was the 1986 Adelaide Grand Prix. I was thirteen years old and a lucky guest in the Clipsal box. The rear stairs led straight into the McLaren garage. I entered many times at free will. Nobody ever spoke to me, I think they all assumed I was the offspring of somebody important. I sat on Alain Prost's car. When he won the race the crowd were throwing flowers at him. I was standing next to him and started throwing the flowers back into the crowd. He laughed at me and also started throwing flowers. Thats right. Alain and I had a moment. Needless to say I was hooked on F1. Now I require binoculars to see into the pitlane. At the time I didn't appreciate it. Now I would cut my arms off for such access.

Bagwan
8th October 2015, 14:17
Well I have been in the pitlane during a race. It was the 1986 Adelaide Grand Prix. I was thirteen years old and a lucky guest in the Clipsal box. The rear stairs led straight into the McLaren garage. I entered many times at free will. Nobody ever spoke to me, I think they all assumed I was the offspring of somebody important. I sat on Alain Prost's car. When he won the race the crowd were throwing flowers at him. I was standing next to him and started throwing the flowers back into the crowd. He laughed at me and also started throwing flowers. Thats right. Alain and I had a moment. Needless to say I was hooked on F1. Now I require binoculars to see into the pitlane. At the time I didn't appreciate it. Now I would cut my arms off for such access.

There would be no more flower throwing if you cut your arms off .