PDA

View Full Version : Justin Wilson please get well

mr_swiss
24th August 2015, 04:50
Wishing you all the best Justin, please pull through. You have been my favorite driver, always there for your fans. Your fans are here for you now.

rjbetty
24th August 2015, 07:43
Wishing you all the best Justin, please pull through. You have been my favorite driver, always there for your fans. Your fans are here for you now.

I just read this and watched a video of it, as I wanted to understand more about what happened. It was awful, horrible to watch. That nosecone is a much heavier object than the spring that hit Massa, and it flew so high into the air after hitting his head.

I've also been a fan of Justin since his F3000 days, so a long time, and keep up with his Indy career occasionally so feel quite invested in him. Will be thinking of him.

Jag_Warrior
24th August 2015, 07:49
I just saw this on a news feed. I have no idea what exactly happened. But I've always rather liked Wilson (since his brief stay at Jaguar F1) and I wish him all the best and I hope he has a speedy and complete recovery.

Robinho
24th August 2015, 08:20
Horrible, hoping for the best, fearing the worst

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Nem14
24th August 2015, 08:23
I am wishing all the best for you Justin and am hoping you have a speedy recovery.

steveaki13
24th August 2015, 10:05
Good luck Justin.

Like others I have followed him for some years since his Minardi days.

Really sad news.

Tazio
24th August 2015, 15:30
Get well soon Justin!

truefan72
24th August 2015, 15:55
yeah, woke up to this news.
Just awful.
I hope he makes a full recovery

anfield5
25th August 2015, 02:37
Can only add to what has been said, and hope JW makes a rapid and complete recovery

Truly terrible thing. Another million to one accident. As mentioned the most sickening thing was the height the nosecone climbed to after the impact - suggests the immense forces involved when JW made contact with it. The actual weight vs the Massa spring isn't that relevant, it is the mass of the object that is important, meaning that the spring had a grater mass and did more damage, this can be seen by the fact that the spring stuck in Massa's helmet, while the nose cone deflected away. I only mention this because it offers hope that the actual impact maybe isn't as bad as that for Massa, and Massa recovered from it.

Alfa Fan
25th August 2015, 02:48
Hate to say this but there's growing rumours that Justin Wilson has died. Press conference due in a few minutes. Hoping it's not true..

Alfa Fan
25th August 2015, 02:59
The Associate Press are reporting Wilson has passed away :(

mr_swiss
25th August 2015, 03:42
What a sad sad day :(

Rest in peace, Justin.

You will be missed.

Nem14
25th August 2015, 04:03
Rest in peace Justin.
We hate having you go but gather some solace and comfort that you were doing what you wanted to be doing.

Robinho
25th August 2015, 04:09
No, not again. Gutted

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

truefan72
25th August 2015, 05:25
Wow. This is so sad. RIP Justin Wilson

anfield5
25th August 2015, 06:10
Unbelievably tragic news, what a terribly sad waste of a life. My thoughts are with his family and Andretti.

Starter
25th August 2015, 15:51
Unbelievably tragic news, what a terribly sad waste of a life. My thoughts are with his family and Andretti.
Definitely feel for family and close friends.

I would disagree with the "waste of a life" part though. We all seem to regard any death as a tragic event. The truth is that we are all going to die. The only things in question are how and when. He was fatally injured while doing something he had made a successful career of and which, by all evidence, he loved doing. If people could say the same about me when my time comes, I'd consider that I had gone out on top. That's not to say that those close to him will not feel his absence.

zako85
25th August 2015, 16:10
Here is a piece of Justin Wilson's accomplishments which I was able to witness live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MW1F5TpoRc

anfield5
28th August 2015, 02:27
Definitely feel for family and close friends.

I would disagree with the "waste of a life" part though. We all seem to regard any death as a tragic event. The truth is that we are all going to die. The only things in question are how and when. He was fatally injured while doing something he had made a successful career of and which, by all evidence, he loved doing. If people could say the same about me when my time comes, I'd consider that I had gone out on top. That's not to say that those close to him will not feel his absence.

I fully agree, that motor racing is dangerous, and drivers competeing understand and accept the risks and JW was no exeption to this. All I meany by 'a waste' was the manner of the accident. If hed had lost control of the car and crashed, then so be it. But in this case JW did nothing wrong and was in exactly the wrong position, through no fault of his own, from this point of view it was a tragic waste of life.

You have to wonder what Sage Karems state of mind will be like at Sonoma, absolutely no blame attached to him obviously, but something like that must prey on your mind and I shudder to think what could happen if any driver isn't 100% focused on racing while in the car

Nem14
28th August 2015, 06:43
Wonder what Sage Karam's state of mind is?

Don't worry about Sage Karam.

Sage Karam made clear in comments after his run in with Ed Carpenter at Iowa that Sage Karam has his head on straight for racing at this level. If he didn't, he would not be driving for Chip Ganassi.

If you need to worry about a driver not being 100% focused on racing while in the car, worry about Ed Carpenter.

http://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/oriol-servia-to-race-no-25-in-honor-of-justin-wilson

I hope American Honda and HPD possibly donating $55,000 to the Wilson Children's Fund for a driver who "was a valuable member of our racing program" won't be a financial hardship for American Honda and HPD.