PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the race

veeten
26th July 2015, 16:01
Ok folks, it's that time again...

Pick YOUR "Driver of the Race", and why. :D

A FONDO
26th July 2015, 16:03
Must be Vettel for his trouble-free race. Solid drive and deserved win.

gm99
26th July 2015, 16:04
Vettel for being one of the few who didn't screw up today and had a faultless race.

Alonso as well.

Ranger
26th July 2015, 16:04
Vettel, Ricciardo, Verstappen, Alonso. In more or less that order.

Honourable mention to Kvyat as well.

rjbetty
26th July 2015, 16:09
I'm actually going to narrowly choose Alonso for that 5th place, just ahead of Vettel. Max Verstappen fills out my podium today.

I will make an honourable mention to Kvyat as it seems unfair to leave him off. I knew he would come good and he is now only 6pts behind Ricciardo.

truefan72
26th July 2015, 16:12
Vettel is the clear winner, he was pretty much flawless today
excellent start, kept his nose clean and had no problems

Alonso, Verstappen and kyvyatt all are in one step behind

Honorable mention to kimi who was doing an excellent job until his car failed
Honorable mention to Ricardo who drove well, and had an excellent strategy

Mia 01
26th July 2015, 16:38
Vettel, Alonso and Ericsson in that order.

pino
26th July 2015, 16:50
The one and only Vettel !!! :thumbs up:

Tazio
26th July 2015, 16:55
Seb with a flawless performance.

Nitrodaze
26th July 2015, 17:00
It has to be Alonso and Vesterpen for getting top 6 positions with cars that are over a second off the raw pace of the sharp end of the grid.

longisland
26th July 2015, 17:07
Vettel. The guy who can only win from the pole with the best car won the race.
Mclaren for team of the race after fulfilling their promise having both cars scoring points for the first time.

EightGear
26th July 2015, 17:16
It has to be Alonso and Vesterpen for getting top 6 positions with cars that are over a second off the raw pace of the sharp end of the grid.
Who is that Vesterpen guy?

Robinho
26th July 2015, 17:21
Can't see past Vettel, definite mention for Verstappen, but his 4th was down to circumstance, whilst Vettels win was all down to him

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

henners88
26th July 2015, 17:37
Vettel and Alonso for me.

zako85
26th July 2015, 18:28
Vettel, Verstappen, Alonso. Raikkonen gets a honorable mention. He drove well but the car failed. I was hoping for Ferrari 1-2.

Nitrodaze
26th July 2015, 18:30
Who is that Vesterpen guy?

I get it, of course l meant Verstappen. And apologies if you are Dutch.

ShiftingGears
26th July 2015, 23:20
Vettel, Ricciardo, Verstappen and Alonso. Kvyat was pretty fortunate to finish ahead of Ricciardo, but then again, he also let Ricciardo through earlier in the race.

anfield5
27th July 2015, 07:12
Danny K strong drive to second, apart from flat spotting first set, didn't do a thing wrong. Vettrl deserves the award for a superb drive, as does Kimi. Dsnny R. Could have won, even with a wounded bull and Fred again showed just how good he is

Big Ben
27th July 2015, 09:31
I'd vote everyone in top 5 except Ricciardo. The move on Rosberg was silly (Rosberg's response too).

CNR
27th July 2015, 11:38
i think toro rosso deserve a mention four drivers out of the red bull program in the top 4

Nitrodaze
28th July 2015, 11:58
Can't see past Vettel, definite mention for Verstappen, but his 4th was down to circumstance, whilst Vettels win was all down to him

I think Mercedes and their drivers handed the win to Vettel. Dodgy start launch system which has been plaguing the car for sometime. Which at one point cost Lewis a race win. They claim to have changed some spring in the clutch l think to fix this. But returned as a horrible start at Silverstone and now at Hungary. The real disappointment was they never quite recovered from the bad start this time. Due to poor tyre strategy and a catalog of driver errors. Vettel simply drove off with chaos in his wake as Merc fell apart.

I chose Alonso and Verstappen, because they had to have driven an exceptional race to end up in positions where you would expect the Williams to be; even on a bad day. More so, they finished ahead of both Mercedes cars which is not a trivial achievement.

I suppose it is difficult to prove the fix worked until the car next run alongside a different car in rcace conditions. But all the evidence suggest that Mercedes have an enduring problem which would put them in the reach of Ferrari, if they do not sort it out.

Like l said in my past posts, Ferrari and Redbull can smell blood as the Mercedes team is showing signs weakness in their operation. Enough for their drivers to show high levels of desperation at a number of races. They can lose the drivers championship even with the fastest car as Mclaren did in 2007. Incidentally, that was with Hamilton as well; though in his rookie year and a bit of Alonso grumpiness.