PDA

View Full Version : RIP Jules :-(

kfzmeister
18th July 2015, 04:57
Just read the sad news that Jules has passed. How sad that we'll never see his talent......
It marks the first death since the great Senna in 1994. RIP Jules....

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/family-statement-jules-bianchi-dies-at-the-age-of-25

Robinho
18th July 2015, 05:22
Sadly inevitable, and so unnecessary

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Ranger
18th July 2015, 05:24
Terrible news. :( RIP - to think he was being earmarked as a future Ferrari driver too.

The greatest tragedy is that it was so preventable. It was the exact same circumstances as Martin Brundle's accident in Suzuka 20 years earlier, with a rescue vehicle on a wet track in racing conditions. Mercifully then, no one was killed.

I hope for the Bianchi family's sake, F1 has a long hard look at itself and carefully considers any response to this.

Au revoir, Jules.
http://www.jules-bianchi.com/images/jules_bianchi.png

rjbetty
18th July 2015, 05:36
It's awful to see this news, but very sadly not too unexpected.

2014 was a horrible year for this. With Michael's accident, Jenson's dad and Brian Hart passing, amongst others early on, at that time I had a bad foreboding of something happening to a driver and wish I had said something back then. :(

I agree F1 must learn from this because it was needless as drivers took increasingly more risks with yellow flags without anyone stepping in and stopping it.

truefan72
18th July 2015, 06:07
I will save my comments about the incident for another day
but for now, this is just awful news
I'm sure the family, especially his father, have braced themselves for this inevitable day
RIP Jules, gone but not forgotten

http://espn.go.com/racing/f1/story/_/id/13276268/jules-bianchi-french-formula-one-driver-dies-injuries-sustained-2014-crash

henners88
18th July 2015, 07:42
Awful news to wake up to, but at least his family can now find peace. It's been a very difficult and long drawn out nightmare for them. So much potential gone in a fraction of a second on track.

RIP Jules you won't be forgotten.

AAReagles
18th July 2015, 08:01
... I agree F1 must learn from this because it was needless as drivers took increasingly more risks with yellow flags without anyone stepping in and stopping it.

Excellent point. I just got done watching hi-lites of the 1973 British GP, and having watched footage from the aftermath of Scheckter's accident that I haven't seen before; it was unbelievable that the entire officiating focus was directed towards the scene itself and NO red flag (or yellow) was presented to the leaders until Stewart already entered Woocote Corner w/Peterson in close tow - both narrowly including themselves in the melee.

It's unacceptable that a similar matter would be a topic of today, over 40 years later.

anfield5
18th July 2015, 08:07
Sad news indeed, but at least he is at peace now.

RIP Jules you will be missed and never forgotten

steveaki13
18th July 2015, 08:36
RIP Jules.

A very sad day for Formula 1.

jens
18th July 2015, 08:59
RIP Jules...

The last day he probably experienced the world with senses was the Japanese GP day...

But officially now... first F1 death since Ayrton Senna. Tragic. But sometimes it was argued "this can't last forever, anything can happen" even though we have enjoyed very high level of safety standards for some time by now.

Arnold Triyudho Wardono
18th July 2015, 09:09
Just, damn..:(
#RIPJules.
I guess we'll see Manor JBxx in next season. (in the same manner as Ligier JS series & DW12)

The Black Knight
18th July 2015, 10:45
Words can't express the sadness I feel. Woke up to a text this morning informing me that he was gone. A truly nice person and great driver that never got to prove how great he truly was - but all us F1 fans knew he walked with the greats of the sport even if he was only with us for a short time. Monaco 2014 and all his brilliant drives proved that!

#RIPJules - F1's lost star!

Tazio
18th July 2015, 15:21
A very sad day indeed. RIP Jules

kfzmeister
18th July 2015, 16:23
Very cool gesture by F1. Lap 17 at the Hungarian GP will be run "silently" under the Virtual SC.....

Jag_Warrior
18th July 2015, 16:48
Very sad for his passing. But if he wasn't going to get better, at least he is at peace now.

Mark
18th July 2015, 17:12
Desperately sad. :(

WUff1
18th July 2015, 19:39
Very sad :( RIP Jules

rjbetty
18th July 2015, 23:57
This hasn't really sunk in for me yet tbh...

Maybe because it's sadly not a huge surprise. Though I always kept hoping; it's the only way I know.

Max Chilton has deidicated his Indy Lights Pole to Jules, and I think I heard/read other motorsports are holding a minute's silence too, but not sure.

anfield5
20th July 2015, 07:44
It would be nice if all teams in Hungary painted the nose cones of their cars black and ran 17on the nose instead of sponsor logos

zako85
20th July 2015, 14:59
This is terrible news. And it seems like a death that could have been avoided. Poor Jules. I viewed him as the most talented among the Formula 1 junior drivers.

This does serve us as a reminder that open wheel racing is still a dangerous motorsport. A tragedy can happen in a blink of an eye. A whole lot of F1 drivers have dodged a sure death in the recent times only by a few inches and some luck. Felipe Massa could have easily died from his 2009 incident, and both Alonso and Schumacher could have been about decapitated in horrific incidents in 2010 and 2012 respectively. Some of the inherent danger of motorsports racing cannot be eliminated no matter what, and it takes a certain breed of very brave individuals to continue competing no matter what in the face of a possible injury or death.

kfzmeister
20th July 2015, 23:11
It would be nice if all teams in Hungary painted the nose cones of their cars black and ran 17on the nose instead of sponsor logos

I'm sure we'll see some nice dedications......

andyone
22nd July 2015, 09:40
May he Rest in Peace Gone too Soon

anfield5
23rd July 2015, 01:20

Would also be a nice mark of respect if all drivers were to wear Jules' helmet design for the weekend

AAReagles
23rd July 2015, 05:44
No doubt there will be a decal of some sort representing him (car#, national flag).

Another honor should include dismissing the use of recovery vehicles within the confines of the racecourse (inside the barriers) during an active track. And a predisposed contingency plan should it be necessary at all to do so - in which everyone is on board with the procedures, from RC on down.

Speaking of Race Control, all personnel should be required to perform a (FIA-standards) functions test of some sort - at least that's what seasonal workers have to do in other jobs.

And yeah I know, it's all wishful thinking on my part.

Nitrodaze
24th July 2015, 09:52
A real talent. He showed all the traits of the young Alonso in the Minardi, I was looking forward to seeing Jules in a competitive car to see what a force he might have been given the chance. A loss to the sport no doubt. RIP Jules.

Mekola
25th July 2015, 02:48
He will be missed, as he did well in F3, GP2 and FR 3.5 and was the only driver to score points in one of the "three little" teams that made their debut in 2010. RIP Jules.

BleAivano
26th May 2016, 10:26
Family is going to take legal action against FIA, Marussia and FOM.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/124484/bianchi-family-launches-legal-action

Nem14
26th May 2016, 20:33
Ya. That's typical these days.

The Black Knight
26th May 2016, 22:02
I'm unclear as to what the family is trying to achieve in taking legal action against the FIA. At teh end of the day it was the responsibility of Jules to slow down enough. What happened could not have been foreseen and the FIA have taken action by the introduction of the virtual safety car to mitigate the possibility of anything like this ever happening again. This is just prolonging the pain and agony for themselves more than anything.

AndyL
27th May 2016, 10:17
I'm guessing the basis of the case will be the presence of the unprotected recovery vehicle, covered only by yellow flags. That is something that people had warned about before and a risk that could have been foreseen.

But yes it does look like a case where the only real winners will be the lawyers.

schmenke
27th May 2016, 21:43
Oh dear.
Shades of the Italian prosecution of team Williams in the death of Senna, so many years ago. Completely unnecessary and awkward for all.

yodasarmpit
28th May 2016, 23:14
If it helps prevent a tractor accessing the trackside of the barriers, whilst cars are running at anything close to racing speed, then I can support this move.