PDA

View Full Version : Wrc Espana-Catalunya 2015

Pages : 1 [2] 3

AL14
24th October 2015, 12:52
It is nice how after so many years some people are still trying to justify Kubica's problems and/or are surprised about Ostberg's bad pace on asphalt.

RS
24th October 2015, 13:07
Maybe Lappi risks being superceded by Tidemand as VWs next in line. Hopefully they'll both get full WRC2 next year.

dimviii
24th October 2015, 13:35
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSFB0_EXAAEvTgU.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSFB0_OWEAAa_Qi.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSFB0_bWoAAF2sK.jpg

liposh
24th October 2015, 13:44
I think "Skoda youngsters" should drive more events first of all. For example smaller events, but just practice , practice, practice. It could help even with your self-confidence and psychical stuff (Lappi case) Pre-event tests are not good for that. I know Skoda has no interest in that , it is just business, but the drivers themselves should be interested in that. It should be priority No1 for people around them. If there is some agreement between drivers and Skoda motorsport, they should push on Skoda to let them drive some "personal projects paid by their own money" :) ...For example yesterday I found statistics of Simone Tempestini. He has attended 50 rallies during seasons 2014 and 2015. And he is not factory driver, just having wealthy father. Lappi attended 18 rallies during last two years. It is not enough for somebody who should evolve into world TOP driver. The evolution is not finished yet and that is why they need the practice.

mousti
24th October 2015, 13:52
He has crashed at least once in every asphalt event this year except Corsica. In WRC2 everything was prepared by the team to make his way for the title as easy as possible, for example by placing Tidemand and Kopecký into the support role not allowed enough events to win the title. Now it might end by a farce when the only factory team might not win as it should. Lappi did exactly same job like last year in APRC. He didn't manage to win even such a crappy championship where neither Tidemand nor Kopecký failed. Even in ERC Lappi nearly lost with Wiegand who was also considered his support.

Lappi definitely has the speed but he didn't manage to be consistent in three consecutive championships which all were considered kind of a walk in the park for him prior the season. I hope the team finally wakes up and starts to use two full-time crews to avoid such a shame again.
It reminds me a bit of Mikkelsen failing time after time to get a win on tarmac in ERC. I don't remember anymore if he finally achieved that or is still searching for that win.

dimviii
24th October 2015, 14:21
He has crashed at least once in every asphalt event this year except Corsica. In WRC2 everything was prepared by the team to make his way for the title as easy as possible, for example by placing Tidemand and Kopecký into the support role not allowed enough events to win the title. Now it might end by a farce when the only factory team might not win as it should. Lappi did exactly same job like last year in APRC. He didn't manage to win even such a crappy championship where neither Tidemand nor Kopecký failed. Even in ERC Lappi nearly lost with Wiegand who was also considered his support.

Lappi definitely has the speed but he didn't manage to be consistent in three consecutive championships which all were considered kind of a walk in the park for him prior the season. I hope the team finally wakes up and starts to use two full-time crews to avoid such a shame again.

Lappi when choosed as a works driver his high light was Finn champion with s2000 car against n4 evos.
Now you see the results of this decision.

dimviii
24th October 2015, 14:23
M-Sport ‏@MSportLtd

Mechanics assess damage to @OttTanak's Fiesta. If they think it can be fixed & @fia agree, work will soon begin #WRC

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSFRcQ2WoAAipNs.jpg

French_Paulo
24th October 2015, 14:25
Considering that Nasser seems to be quite slow on these asphalt roads there still seems to be a change for Pontus to win the title. Let's see.

And also for Protasov !

Fast Eddie WRC
24th October 2015, 14:27
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSFQK8DW0AA9oms.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
24th October 2015, 14:30
SS14: OSTBERG
WRC TV crew reports a 'strong, bad smell' coming from Mads' car when it passed them at the 6km point. :laugh:

GigiGalliNo1
24th October 2015, 14:31
Ouch for M-Sport :(

dimviii
24th October 2015, 14:35
Citroën Racing ‏@CitroenRacing Salou, Catalunya

#WRC SS14 @MadsOstberg 14:51.0 "I'm very pleased as I'm much quicker than this morning. I'm trying to reach the limit of the car."

Mads Østberg ‏@MadsOstberg

SS14 14.51.0 "I was driving to the limit of the car. A couple of seconds quicker than the last run" #WRC

lol

liposh
24th October 2015, 14:39
Lappi when choosed as a works driver his high light was Finn champion with s2000 car against n4 evos.
Now you see the results of this decision.

Yes, I agree. After one good season it was kind of reckless choose. BUT during following years we all have seen he has IT. He has the talent. You just need to work with him. Teach him. It is kind of responsible job to look after future star. And as you can see, Škoda doesn´t want to rise the star, they just want to use or let´s say abuse him, so they will harvest what they plant.

Fast Eddie WRC
24th October 2015, 14:39
Sordo is struggling to stay on the podium. Citroen's wont lose many points to him..

dimviii
24th October 2015, 14:40
Mikkelsen passed Sordo for 0,4 sec

N.O.T
24th October 2015, 14:55
Its a 3 way battle now and only the white knight Sordo can save us from the darkness of another VW 1-2-3.

French_Paulo
24th October 2015, 14:56
Go Dani, Go !!

dimviii
24th October 2015, 14:59
ι wish too,but imho he cant manage to stay in front of polos.

RS
24th October 2015, 15:16
Yes, I agree. After one good season it was kind of reckless choose. BUT during following years we all have seen he has IT. He has the talent. You just need to work with him. Teach him. It is kind of responsible job to look after future star. And as you can see, Škoda doesn´t want to rise the star, they just want to use or let´s say abuse him, so they will harvest what they plant.

I don't agree at all. It looks more like the opposite. Ie. that VW are using Skoda to train drivers even though it now looks like that will lose them the WRC2 title this year.

Mirek
24th October 2015, 15:17

And You base that opinion on what? If they use someone it's Kopecký who has been doing a hell lot of work through the years with them never allowing him to be a No.1.

Fast Eddie WRC
24th October 2015, 15:20
Tricky... I want Sordo to stop the VW 1-2-3, but I want the Citroens to beat Hyundai in the Ch'ship.

Fast Eddie WRC
24th October 2015, 15:24
Is that Malcolm getting his hands dirty at MSport ?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSFfBoEWoAEwN7e.jpg

Eli
24th October 2015, 15:24
Tricky... I want Sordo to stop the VW 1-2-3, but I want the Citroens to beat Hyundai in the Ch'ship.

hope Ogier will go Off, then let's say Latvala Wins, and Sordo Stops VW 1-2-3 and Citroens still beat Hyundai in the Ch'ship.

Rallyper
24th October 2015, 15:29
I think "Skoda youngsters" should drive more events first of all. For example smaller events, but just practice , practice, practice. It could help even with your self-confidence and psychical stuff (Lappi case) Pre-event tests are not good for that. I know Skoda has no interest in that , it is just business, but the drivers themselves should be interested in that. It should be priority No1 for people around them. If there is some agreement between drivers and Skoda motorsport, they should push on Skoda to let them drive some "personal projects paid by their own money" :) ...For example yesterday I found statistics of Simone Tempestini. He has attended 50 rallies during seasons 2014 and 2015. And he is not factory driver, just having wealthy father. Lappi attended 18 rallies during last two years. It is not enough for somebody who should evolve into world TOP driver. The evolution is not finished yet and that is why they need the practice.

So why do you think Tidemand has done this progress? He´s finally having opportunity to drive more rallies than in the past. Remember one offs with WRC car he had, doing well but nothing more. Without driving as much as you can there will be not much progress. Just like you say.

liposh
24th October 2015, 15:30
And You base that opinion on what? If they use someone it's Kopecký who has been doing a hell lot of work through the years with them never allowing him to be a No.1.

Yes, Kopecky is very visible case , but Skoda is doing it to all their drivers. Just for example one of many cases: Lappi´s last appearance in 2014 was Tour de Corse in the beginning of November and first appearance in 2015 was Rally Portugal at the end of May. It means 7 month break. Which could be very bad for progress of young driver. And there are a lot more.

IN FACT Mirek, we both agree. In my opinion Kopecky is "the material" for important things. He can drive full WRC2 season without problem. On the contrary Lappi could drive czech championship and learn a lot on the tarmac. What would happen if he fail to Pech? Nothing. Plus 4 rounds in WRC2 ...plus for example british championship paid by Skoda UK. Whatever. Just not so important rallies and much more quantity.

French_Paulo
24th October 2015, 15:33
Only 3 brakes for Kubica :/

Quad
24th October 2015, 15:51
Only 3 brakes for Kubica :/

it's his fault, he don't know how to brake

:arrows:

French_Paulo
24th October 2015, 16:00
it's his fault, he don't know how to brake

:arrows:

Hahaha.

Low cost Fiesta RS WRC by M-Sport :p

Fast Eddie WRC
24th October 2015, 16:17
RK stopped now.

N.O.T
24th October 2015, 16:19
Its VW 1-2-3 once more... the white knight has fallen my brethren...

http://i.imgur.com/NZncxGw.jpg

denkimi
24th October 2015, 16:22
Yes, Kopecky is very visible case , but Skoda is doing it to all their drivers. Just for example one of many cases: Lappi´s last appearance in 2014 was Tour de Corse in the beginning of November and first appearance in 2015 was Rally Portugal at the end of May. It means 7 month break. Which could be very bad for progress of young driver. And there are a lot more.

IN FACT Mirek, we both agree. In my opinion Kopecky is "the material" for important things. He can drive full WRC2 season without problem. On the contrary Lappi could drive czech championship and learn a lot on the tarmac. What would happen if he fail to Pech? Nothing. Plus 4 rounds in WRC2 ...plus for example british championship paid by Skoda UK. Whatever. Just not so important rallies and much more quantity.

i don't think skoda forbids him to drive rally's on his own. he might have to find the budget himself, but thats the case for almost every driver.

Fast Eddie WRC
24th October 2015, 16:23
Close Citroen-Hyundai battle, even today's last short stage could be important.

5. Ostberg +1:40.7
6. Meeke +1:42.1
7. Paddon +1:53.9
8. Neuville +1:56.5

denkimi
24th October 2015, 16:36
Hahaha.

Low cost Fiesta RS WRC by M-Sport :p

i think i might well be that his fiesta is the most expensive of them all. rebuilding the chasis after every rally, rebuilding the suspension on average 2 times per rally, ... :p

Mirek
24th October 2015, 16:37
Now let's see if Kopecký is allowed to overtake Tidemand. Since his morning technical problem he has done 1:05 on Tidemand on 6 stages (102 km).

RS
24th October 2015, 16:44
Now let's see if Kopecký is allowed to overtake Tidemand. Since his morning technical problem he has done 1:05 on Tidemand on 6 stages (102 km).

I doubt it whilst Tidemand still has a chance at the title.

Looks like Kremer might be able to help out too.

Mirek
24th October 2015, 17:02
Let's see. If Camilli keeps pushing then Kopecký can not just slow down and let him in front.

HaCo
24th October 2015, 17:12

5. Ostberg +1:40.7
6. Meeke +1:42.1
7. Paddon +1:53.9
8. Neuville +1:56.5

You forget Sordo +1:00.8

What an awesome rally of the Spaniard!

Fast Eddie WRC
24th October 2015, 17:27
You forget Sordo +1:00.8

What an awesome rally of the Spaniard!

Didn't forget him at all, just that's he's not in the close battle.

Fast Eddie WRC
24th October 2015, 17:29

Ostberg loses time and drops below Meeke now, Hyundais getting closer to him...

HaCo
24th October 2015, 17:35
Looking forward to tomorrow for the rest of that battle!

French_Paulo
24th October 2015, 17:37
i think i might well be that his fiesta is the most expensive of them all. rebuilding the chasis after every rally, rebuilding the suspension on average 2 times per rally, ... :p

Haha, you're right ! His Fiesta is the most expensive but the less reliable !

Mirek
24th October 2015, 17:43
Hups, Camilli lost a lot of time on the show stage. Now there is for sure a space for team tactics...

Mirek
24th October 2015, 17:47
Was it posted here? Another crash of Bertelli from today's first stage. Quite embarrassing in fact...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIVSM7A9C1s

Rallyper
24th October 2015, 18:08

As I count you for a wise man I don´t understand this quote. Tidemand has cruised all day. Do you really think he will let Kopecky even come near for a victory? Come on! Tidemand will be the winner with or without teamorders.

liposh
24th October 2015, 18:19
...Rallyper, do you remember what happened on the last 2 stages of Jaenner rally 2013? So do you really think it is impossible? :) For sure don´t underestimate Kopecky. ;)

Rallyper
24th October 2015, 18:22
...Rallyper, do you remember what happened on the last 2 stages of Jaenner rally 2013? So do you really think it is impossible? :) For sure don´t underestimate Kopecky. ;)

I have no memory at all. But don´t say Tidemand will let this go in hands of someone else. No way.
One thing I remember - he did win here in Spain before.

Mirek
24th October 2015, 18:22
As I count you for a wise man I don´t understand this quote. Tidemand has cruised all day. Do you really think he will let Kopecky even come near for a victory? Come on! Tidemand will be the winner with or without teamorders.

You can believe in whatever You want but so far Ponstus hasn't showed much of speed on asphalt with 4WD.

Rallyper
24th October 2015, 18:29
You can believe in whatever You want but so far Ponstus hasn't showed much of speed on asphalt with 4WD.

Well, he won Germany WRC2 last year.

liposh
24th October 2015, 18:35

In fact it doesn´t mean anything. Sandell back in 2010 won both Germany and Alsace and one year later he was nearly not able to score any points in competition with IRC guys like Hanninen, Mikkelsen, Kopecky, Neuville etc. He was just tragic.

EDIT: Yeah, I remember it right. Sandell statistics seems very funny to me. SWRC2010: 2 tarmac events- 2 wins. ...IRC2011: 3 tarmac events- 9th, 9th, 12th

Mirek
24th October 2015, 18:38

Yes, I know but the competition wasn't very good therefore I wouldn't overestimate that result. Tänak on DMacks finished one second behind him. Just a week later Tänak was nowhere close to the top in ERC Barum with the same team and tyres. Just look where is the other DMack driver now - Ketomaa. I don't believe he is soooo slow when few years back he was able to fight with Hänninen on asphalt rounds of SWRC...

dimviii
24th October 2015, 19:16
borl day 2
https://youtu.be/RK49cbgQ5-A

AL14
24th October 2015, 19:57
Was it posted here? Another crash of Bertelli from today's first stage. Quite embarrassing in fact...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIVSM7A9C1s

This is what happens when you want to reach a level without respecting it, even if you have the possibility to compete there. This is the same reason why when Lappi won 2 rallies in a row I said he should stay in WRC2 at least another year (don't misunderstand I'm not saying Lappi and Bertelli are similar, Lappi do have hopes), and the reason why I said from the very beginning that Bertelli did not belong to the sport.

He did some good thing last year but he won Sardinia when every other competitors had problems, he took some good points on other rounds but he participated to extraeuropean rally with few competitors, he took 3rd place in Wales but with 2 minutes gap from leader.
He did not consider this, he just saw himself leading the category only because he did more rounds at the beginning. But the WRC does not forgive anything and now he is paying for his haughtiness toward the sport.

Too much excessive judgement? Maybe, but I see it form this point of view, WRC is not a game or a joke, is a serious thing in my opinion. It's not a question of achievements. For example I respect Prokop, he is slow but he has a role in the championship, he is a serious driver, works hard, knows what rally is about, do not blame his co-driver when he did bad events and do not retire before power stages to go home early.

Rallyper
24th October 2015, 19:57
In fact it doesn´t mean anything. Sandell back in 2010 won both Germany and Alsace and one year later he was nearly not able to score any points in competition with IRC guys like Hanninen, Mikkelsen, Kopecky, Neuville etc. He was just tragic.

EDIT: Yeah, I remember it right. Sandell statistics seems very funny to me. SWRC2010: 2 tarmac events- 2 wins. ...IRC2011: 3 tarmac events- 9th, 9th, 12th

So what you guys saying is that Tidemand outpacing everyone day 1 in Spain doesn´t mean anything to you. He still is just a mediocre driver.
Isn´t it a matter of how much you can drive rallies? Sandell to me did soemthing but lack of funding didn´t get him any chances to drive rallies.

Regarding Tidemand all bla bla bla about every other driver, including Camilli, Lefebvre, Kopecky, Ketomaa, Breen etz, being equaly fast or maybe even faster is total rubbish atm. Note this is a tarmac rally and not gravel.

AL14
24th October 2015, 20:01
Any video of Latvala puncture?

tommeke_B
24th October 2015, 20:16
Seen some very nice action on the tarmac stages as well, especially from the R5 cars. Did only 3 stages today, we thought it was better to choose some spots we really liked, rather than just choose the easiest access for maybe one more stage. People who say tarmac is boring are clearly choosing the wrong places... :)

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/12087165_1163092720369279_1465177599050675862_o.jp g

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/t31.0-8/12022500_1163092553702629_3118117945005471850_o.jp g

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/11247715_1163092240369327_5169936101774646988_o.jp g

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/905569_1163092690369282_6747263025961877449_o.jpg

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/12182917_1163092450369306_3794775906157177840_o.jp g

liposh
24th October 2015, 20:29
So what you guys saying is that Tidemand outpacing everyone day 1 in Spain doesn´t mean anything to you. He still is just a mediocre driver.

Tidemand is not mediocre driver. He is one of the best from young drivers on all surfaces. But let´s say on tarmac he has least experience. It is just...win last year Germany doesn´t mean anything. Nobody from us here knows how good the level of rallying in WRC2 is. And Kopecky is capable to achieve that and beat Tidemand. Just imagine situation: Rally Finland. Kopecky first and Tidemand second chasing Kopecky. Would you bet on Tidemand? I would. Finnish gravel is Tidemand´s surface. And this is Kopecky´s surface. That is all. :)

dimviii
24th October 2015, 20:42
People who say tarmac is boring are clearly choosing the wrong places... :)

+1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Tt1OVah8as

N.O.T
24th October 2015, 20:45
People who say tarmac is boring are clearly choosing the wrong places... :)

these people are usually hairpin guys and people who follow the sport for other reasons than the action.

dimviii
24th October 2015, 20:48
onboard crashes from Tanak and Evans
https://youtu.be/LPg2FWHKh1M

RS
24th October 2015, 21:07
Tidemand is leading because he did a great job yesterday and because of Kopecký's 'problem' this morning.

I believe without slowing on today's first stage Kopecky could have taken Tidemand today, but whether he would be allowed to is a different matter, especially now that Lappi is out of the title race.

Rallyper
24th October 2015, 21:23
And of course it´s one day still to go for everyone.

RS
24th October 2015, 22:38
Yes, Kopecky is very visible case , but Skoda is doing it to all their drivers. Just for example one of many cases: Lappi´s last appearance in 2014 was Tour de Corse in the beginning of November and first appearance in 2015 was Rally Portugal at the end of May. It means 7 month break. Which could be very bad for progress of young driver. And there are a lot more..

I think a lot of young drivers would kill for the opportunity Lappi has. A works drive, plenty of testing, the best R5 car.

I think Lappi himself would admit his reliability on tarmac has not been good enough. Maybe as you suggest, WRC2 + Czech Championship next year would be a good idea.

juho
24th October 2015, 23:10
lappi accident
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpRFmiIvhiU

itix
25th October 2015, 03:48
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSFB0_EXAAEvTgU.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSFB0_OWEAAa_Qi.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSFB0_bWoAAF2sK.jpg

Little known fact:
Fiestas are keen herbivores!

They sometimes have to stop to top up on the green stuff, as seen in above pictures... that's what makes them so EcoBoost!

itix
25th October 2015, 04:04
"On the last stage I don't know what happened. When I hit the brakes the car went sideways and we had a moment. The car is now only braking with three wheels."

I know it is fashion to bash on Kubica these days but to do third fastest stage time with three bakes is GOOOOD! He has pace in abundance! Seems to be getting more and more consistent as well. He hasn't gone off the road as much as before. Needs to learn where potential punctures could happen though (I guess).

You can't say the pace he showed today wasn't impressive. I was impressed anyway!

EstWRC
25th October 2015, 06:48
onboard crashes from Tanak and Evans
https://youtu.be/LPg2FWHKh1M

damn! Tänak almost got away with it, almost :(

dimviii
25th October 2015, 07:04
MICHELIN Motorsport ‏@michelin_sport

#tyre information: all #michelin drivers with 5 Michelin Pilot Sport H except Ogier and Latvala 6H #wrc #rallyracc

Sordos steering wheel
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSI61Y7XIAIz_wt.jpg

RS
25th October 2015, 07:58
Looks like Kopecký is settling for 2nd then.

danon
25th October 2015, 08:02
https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11045481_1102124033145800_3339398784262562189_n.jp g?oh=89c37a86d9158161b691540d4b6a27d7&oe=56C9E738

dimviii
25th October 2015, 08:07
Looks like Kopecký is settling for 2nd then.

Kopecký Jan - Dresler Pavel "I hope just to get to the finish - I have the same problem with the slipping clutch and diff. Coming out of the corners it's like a front-wheel drive car."

#48 flag Camilli Eric - Veillas Benjamin Reports a leak in the exhaust

dimviii
25th October 2015, 08:17
Paddon now very close to Meeke(+5,2) and Ostberg(+12,5sec)

dimviii
25th October 2015, 08:20
Meeke spun,and while he was 2,2 ahead of Ostberg,now he is +7,3 behind.

EstWRC
25th October 2015, 08:21
Great to see progress from Tänak on tarmac, great time on SS19 without pushing while MIkkelsen and Latvala are pushing. Shame about the crash yesterday. Great battle for 2nd between Mikkelsen and Latvala

HaCo
25th October 2015, 08:26
Shame about spin of Neuville and Meeke, let's see how it will end.
Paddon showing great performance again!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D2303 met Tapatalk

Hartusvuori
25th October 2015, 08:38
Kopecky just took 16,3s from Tidemand's lead. Gap o/a down to 15,2s now.

dimviii
25th October 2015, 08:52
Camilli retired,probably with the leak he had mentioned at previous stage.

Al-Attiyah Nasser - Baumel Matthieu "I saw him on the stage with the bonnet open. Not a crash. We do our best now. Okay, we will see."

RS
25th October 2015, 09:36
Kopecky just took 16,3s from Tidemand's lead. Gap o/a down to 15,2s now.

He won't overtake. Looks like Al-Attiyah will get the title today then, but whilst there is still a chance for Tidemand, Kopecky won't overtake.

Mirek
25th October 2015, 09:36
With Nasser in third is there still a chance for the title for Tidemand? Anybody who knows the math here?

Medved
25th October 2015, 09:41
Nasser third = 15 pts = 112 pts total for Nasser

25+25 (Catalunya and Wales) for Tidemand = 111 pts total for Pontus....

I hope it is correct

dimviii
25th October 2015, 09:41
that must help,find it at French forum

http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_10_2015/post-533-0-80345800-1445761453.png

dimviii
25th October 2015, 09:42
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSJmQqnWsAAIgmQ.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
25th October 2015, 09:44
Better times by Ostberg since.. I knew his super slow times yesterday morning where not just his 'tarmac pace'. Setup was clearly the issue and no tarmac shakedown.

maciotacio
25th October 2015, 10:29
I pressume, that a lot of drivers are preserving their tyres for power stage. But nevertheless, todays Mads pace on tarmac is better that i was expecting.
By the way, strange weekend for Kris.
And Thierry, again beaten by his teammates...

EstWRC
25th October 2015, 10:36
Yeah Mads is suprising me a lot too! And so happy to see the progress of Tänak.

French_Paulo
25th October 2015, 10:47
With Nasser in third is there still a chance for the title for Tidemand? Anybody who knows the math here?

With that, only Protasov and Nasser could win WRC-2 in Wales. It's sad for Pontus.

dimviii
25th October 2015, 10:58
Neuville stopped..

HaCo
25th October 2015, 11:01
Neuville :( :( :(

dimviii
25th October 2015, 11:03
Mikkelsen with very slow first split!!!!!

maciotacio
25th October 2015, 11:04
Go home Thierry (like some forum badass would say)

HaCo
25th October 2015, 11:05
Meeke closing up on Mads.

HaCo
25th October 2015, 11:07
Paddon very harsh on Neuville:

SUN 11:12 - SS22: PADDON
Quickest time so far but he's furious. "I don't know why he's gone off. He had absolutely no reason to push. It looks like he's cocked up under braking. He just had to keep the position. Now it's made our job more difficult to fight with Citroen. Unbelievable. This is a team sport."

N.O.T
25th October 2015, 11:08
Lol...

HaCo
25th October 2015, 11:10
Apparantly technical problem from Neuville:

SUN 11:14 - SS22: NEUVILLE
Thierry completes with the loss of almost five minutes. What happened? "The transmission broke under braking. When I came on the throttle we went off. I tried to get it back. We will try to finish like this. We will see."

Fast Eddie WRC
25th October 2015, 11:14
Looks like the Citroen's have the points in the bag now. :)

dimviii
Sun 11:18 - SS22: Mikkelsen
Sixth quickest and a slow opening split. What happened? "A spin just after the start line. I tried to push after that." Could it be game on again in the fight for second?

French_Paulo

N.O.T
25th October 2015, 11:15
Nice double civil war on the final stage....

dimviii
25th October 2015, 11:16
Paddon very harsh on Neuville:

i can t find the reason to say all these at stage stop....

wia5958
Does that excuse make sense to anyone apart from neuville?

N.O.T

for the Lolzzz... :):)

EstWRC
the last stage is gonna be epic, battles between Mikkelsen and Latvala and Meeke-Ostberg

N.O.T
25th October 2015, 11:17
Does that excuse make sense to anyone apart from neuville?

he is using the Kubica tactics for every crash and mistake a technical fault is the one to blame.

dimviii
25th October 2015, 11:19
for the Lolzzz... :):)

too many Lollzzz today with Paddon Neuville and Vale Marquez.

Fast Eddie WRC

Paddon didnt know he had a technical problem... 'It looks like he's cocked up under braking.'

N.O.T
Its war not a sport anymore :(:(

Jeppe
25th October 2015, 11:20
Nice battle in WRC2 Championships. Nasser vs. Kremer only 0.1 sec between them before last stage.

dimviii
25th October 2015, 11:21
Sun 11:20 - SS22: Latvala
Quickest! And he's just 1.4sec behind Mikkelsen in the fight for second. "It's very exciting going into the last stage. We need to keep pushing - that's the reality. There is smoke in our car, the jack was banging round in the back and some oil is burning."

Protasov stopped at stage.

Mirek
25th October 2015, 11:22
Nice battle in WRC2 Championships. Nasser vs. Kremer only 0.1 sec between them before last stage.

That's gonna be interesting for the championship.

Francis44
25th October 2015, 11:22
Unbelivable Neuville. Even if it was caused by a technical problem he must have been forcing something, he is old enough to stop acting like a brat just because the team didnt give him the new car. I wouldnt be too sad if he got sacked.

dimviii
25th October 2015, 11:24
Its war not a sport anymore :(:(

you typed wrong emoticon.http://www.petrolheads.gr/images/smilies/oldforum/rtfm.gif

Jeppe
25th October 2015, 11:25
Protasov +3.02,5 to Kopecky in SS22. Puncture.

wia5958
25th October 2015, 11:28
Neuville. Broken driveshaft

dimviii
25th October 2015, 11:29
nice power stagehttp://www.petrolheads.gr/images/smilies/smooth/yahoo.gifhttp://www.petrolheads.gr/images/smilies/oldforum/superman.gif

Sun 11:31 - SS22: WRC 2 Protasov
He stopped to change a puncture. Also had a problem with his wheel-change gun.

Mirek
25th October 2015, 11:29
Shaky video but watch it for DMack Trophy drivers. To me it seems it's the tyres why they drive sideways with FWD on asphalt...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0fpNGdR9bE

dimviii
25th October 2015, 11:51
seems Neuville was right about transmission problems that caused the exit of road

https://www.facebook.com/christophe.dupont.90857/videos/1918909895000195/

wia5958
25th October 2015, 11:57
seems Neuville was right about transmission problems that caused the exit of road

https://www.facebook.com/christophe.dupont.90857/videos/1918909895000195/

Should have really gone of the road from that though? Too much speed looked to be the problem

dimviii
25th October 2015, 11:58
Sun 11:50 - SS23 Start order
To suit the live TV schedule (and WRC+ don't forget) the Power Stage has a different start order. Here's how the WRC runners will line up: 1. Tanak, 2. Evans, 3. Al Qassimi, 4. Kubica, 5. Prokop, 6. Neuville, 7. Paddon, 8. Meeke, 9. Ostberg, 10. Sordo, 11. Latvala, 12. Mikkelsen, 13. Ogier. All will start at three-minute intervals.

RS
25th October 2015, 12:08
So no WRC2 on tv again..

AL14
25th October 2015, 12:10
I bet my money on Ogier doing two circles at the roundabout. Who's with me?

N.O.T
25th October 2015, 12:12
I bet my money on Ogier doing two circles at the roundabout. Who's with me?

keep your money, he will win the power stage.

AL14
25th October 2015, 12:15

We'll see. In the meantime prepare your money for giving me then... :)

dimviii
25th October 2015, 12:21
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSKHXvzXAAAkVIC.jpg

EightGear
25th October 2015, 12:28
Probably both....

dimviii
25th October 2015, 12:36
Paddon Hayden - Kennard John "Nice and easy to bring the car home. We'll look at the order when we get back to service. Perhaps I can stop and get a picnic somewhere? I apologise if my words earlier were a bit harsh to Thierry - it seems he had a technical problem|"

Neuville Thierry - Gilsoul Nicolas "We can't fix it. We had to finish and take the maximum points for the championship. We are quite unlucky. I don't know what will happen with Paddon. I just have to bring back the car with the problem we have."

dimviii
25th October 2015, 12:38
Mikkelsen 1 sec faster from Latvala at split 1

N.O.T
25th October 2015, 12:38
first battle goes to ostberg

Fast Eddie WRC
25th October 2015, 12:41
Good job Citroen boys.. especially Mads on a 2/3 tarmac rally. :)

dimviii
25th October 2015, 12:41
Ogier faster at split 1

Fast Eddie WRC
25th October 2015, 12:42
Hahaha !!!

dimviii
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSKRt_KWIAAcEIv.jpg

denkimi
ogier crashed

thuGG
25th October 2015, 12:43

lol.

Fast Eddie WRC
Who said Ogier will win the PS !!??

noel157
What was that about a bet?

dimviii
25th October 2015, 12:44
lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!

AL14
What. The. Hell.

N.O.T
Who said Ogier will win the PS !!??

the person you ignore depending what suits you or not...

dimviii
25th October 2015, 12:45
Mikkelsen gets his maiden win,Sordo on podium.

dimviii
25th October 2015, 12:47
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSKS_7DXIAARR1e.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSKSvy-WUAAlCD0.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSKTQ6-XIAAJBXW.jpg

cosmin_sb
first victory for Mikkelsen...lool

N.O.T
very nice... poor Ogier there goes his target of a perfect season.

http://i.imgur.com/jUImAKm.jpg

HaCo
25th October 2015, 12:48
Sordo on the podium!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D2303 met Tapatalk

AL14
25th October 2015, 12:52
What was that about a bet?

Tha bank won, as always. :)

Fast Eddie WRC
25th October 2015, 12:55
the person you ignore depending what suits you or not...

I ignore you, someone else quoted you.

dimviii
25th October 2015, 12:55
https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlt1/v/t1.0-9/11222225_10153242994820678_6679164919582487865_n.j pg?oh=1561fb2f2ade35cb99fe2f128f7f39dd&oe=56C8CAEE
https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/12049510_10153243000090678_7647171407137006671_n.j pg?oh=2ab3dffc129808a7931104ffabd6f203&oe=56BF59D2

RS
25th October 2015, 12:58
Did Tidemand slow for Ogier?

dimviii
25th October 2015, 12:59
Did Tidemand slow for Ogier?

seems like that from his time

EstWRC
25th October 2015, 13:00
what an unbelievable ending!!!!

GigiGalliNo1
25th October 2015, 13:01
Ogier has been injured in final stage crash

Fast Eddie WRC
25th October 2015, 13:02
Hyundai overtake Citroen in the Manufacturers battle according to TV, cant be right ???

Sulland
Big congrats to Andreas and Ola with first win!!
and in Spain with gravel/ asphalt is special for a norwegian!

yiiiiiiihaaa!

And also for Andreas to win now, after girlfriend seems to have won her fight with cancer, is perfect for both!

TWRC
Will be interesting what happens to WRC2 now...

dimviii

really? link please!

Fast Eddie WRC
25th October 2015, 13:03
Sébastien Ogier ‏@SebOgier 15m15 minutes ago
Crew is ok but Rally Spain is over

Sch17
25th October 2015, 13:05
Hyundai overtake Citroen in the Manufacturers battle according to TV, cant be right ???

206 points for citroen
199 points for hyundai

I think they did a mistake on the live stage

Fast Eddie WRC
25th October 2015, 13:07
Mads Østberg ‏@MadsOstberg
Congrats to Andreas and Ola for the win! A good day for us Norwegians! #heiaNorge

GigiGalliNo1
25th October 2015, 13:07
really? link please!

No link. News from service park. From the TV Crew.

EstWRC
25th October 2015, 13:08
i think i saw him limping from the coverage but nothing serious

Fast Eddie WRC
25th October 2015, 13:08
SS23: WRC 2 TIDEMAND
He is the only WRC 2 competitor through so far. It looks like the stage has been stopped and we will need to wait to see the top 3. One thing is certain however - Tidemand is the winner.

makinen_fan
25th October 2015, 13:09
The rally is stopped now... So no WRC2 fight? I wonder what the notional times will be...

dimviii
25th October 2015, 13:13
206 points for citroen
199 points for hyundai

I think they did a mistake on the live stage

we have to wait,because till the last time control maybe Paddon be late to help Neuville climb one position for the manufacture points.

Fast Eddie WRC
25th October 2015, 13:17
All good things come to he who waits...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSKX9-2WUAA00o1.jpg:large

GigiGalliNo1
25th October 2015, 13:18

:D

Mirek
25th October 2015, 13:19
SS23: WRC 2 TIDEMAND
He is the only WRC 2 competitor through so far. It looks like the stage has been stopped and we will need to wait to see the top 3. One thing is certain however - Tidemand is the winner.

It's really unfortunate end as if they suspend the stage it means that Nasser is the champion although Kremer needed to take only 0,1 seconds to give a chance to Tidemand.

Fast Eddie WRC
25th October 2015, 13:19
Ogier crash https://youtu.be/Wg5930xzlFc

Fast Eddie WRC
25th October 2015, 13:22
Sordo happy too

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSKZKRJW0AAVitH.jpg

EightGear
25th October 2015, 13:22
What???? I leave for an hour and this happens??? Loooooool.

French_Paulo
25th October 2015, 13:23
I don't understand. Nasser wins WRC-2. But what about Protasov ??

Fast Eddie WRC
25th October 2015, 13:24
What???? I leave for an hour and this happens??? Loooooool.

Never stop believing, excitement can happen anytime ! ;)

Fast Eddie WRC
25th October 2015, 13:25
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSKYM4vXAAAeb_s.jpg:large

Fast Eddie WRC
25th October 2015, 13:26
hope Ogier will go Off, then let's say Latvala Wins, and Sordo Stops VW 1-2-3 and Citroens still beat Hyundai in the Ch'ship.

This nearly happened !

EightGear
25th October 2015, 13:26
WRC.com fail.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/25/450421cd625c8688b753d513f80a3a03.jpg

bassist
25th October 2015, 13:30

Well done Andreas/Ole! Fantstic win-just shows the little Frenchman is Human!!

Fast Eddie WRC
25th October 2015, 13:30
Emotional Ola ..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSKWRCmWcAA9eSk.jpg:large

dimviii
25th October 2015, 13:42
ŠKODA Motorsport ‏@MotorsportSkoda

Now it's official. @PontusTidemand wins #RallyRACC! Jan #Kopecky finished 2nd. #SKODA wins #WRC2 team championship!

dimviii
25th October 2015, 13:47
Norway at its best today

Marius Aasen ‏@MariusAasen

Yes!!! Amazing!!! We have won the #DDFT! Just a little road section back to parc farme!

Micke_VOC
25th October 2015, 14:03
Norway at its best today

Marius Aasen ‏@MariusAasen

Yes!!! Amazing!!! We have won the #DDFT! Just a little road section back to parc farme!

So it means that Aasen will drive 6 events in a Dmack-WRC2 car next year ?

GigiGalliNo1
25th October 2015, 14:05
Ogier left stage in Helicopter

wia5958
25th October 2015, 14:14

Yeah his ego took an awful thump in that accident. Wonder how cross capito will b with him throwing away a 1,2,3 for 3 bonus points he didn need.

N.O.T
25th October 2015, 14:25
Yeah his ego took an awful thump in that accident. Wonder how cross capito will b with him throwing away a 1,2,3 for 3 bonus points he didn need.

I do not think he will say anything... these things happen.

Mirek
25th October 2015, 14:28
So Nasser is champion in WRC2. Despite Škodas taking all top 4 places today and being dominant through the season I still have to say that they managed to come with quite an extraordinary fail when despite all that they didn't manage to take the title. It's quite clear that the responsibility goes to wrong management decision to put everything only on Lappi.

AL14
25th October 2015, 14:29
Even if it was a costly mistake Capito would never say anything against him.

Maybe he was pushing in order to make the two circles and win the stage. Lol, this sounds so plausible to me. We'll never know. :)

Barreis
25th October 2015, 14:34
It's still 1-2 for VW, but it's better then 1-2-3...

Sulland
25th October 2015, 14:35
So it means that Aasen will drive 6 events in a Dmack-WRC2 car next year ?

For free, or will he have to pay a ton of money?

dimviii
25th October 2015, 15:43
Last 6 rallies points for Latvala 131 for Ogier 91
Last 7 rallies points for Latvala 141 for Ogier 112
Last 8 rallies points for Latvala 161 for Ogier 140
Last 9 rallies points for Latvala 161 for Ogier 143

http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_10_2015/post-4-0-90312600-1445781640.jpg

Latvala could fight for the championship if he hadnt 3 dnf at first 4 rallies.Actually if he had one dnf less.
Impressive how better he is at 2nd half of the year.

edit. sorry guys the points i copied are wrong.
the right is 154 for Ogier and 168 for Latvala from Portugal till Spain.
Still he could fight for championship if he hadn t the 3 dnf at first half.

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/results/championship/drivers/page/193-290---.html

Arnold Triyudho Wardono
25th October 2015, 15:51
LOL, Seb.O is still a mortal after all. :D

Mirek
25th October 2015, 15:59
WRC2 by average points per event (just out of curiosity)

Kopecký - 3 events and 58 points - avg. 19,3 points/event
Al Attiyah - 7 events and 112 points - avg. 16 points/event
Protasov - 6 events and 90 points - avg. 15 points/event
Tidemand - 6 events and 86 points - avg. 14,3 points/event
Al Kuwari - 6 events and 76 points - avg. 12,7 points/event
Lappi - 7 events and 88 points - avg. 12,6 points/event

AL14
25th October 2015, 16:07
Last 6 rallies points for Latvala 131 for Ogier 91
Last 7 rallies points for Latvala 141 for Ogier 112
Last 8 rallies points for Latvala 161 for Ogier 140
Last 9 rallies points for Latvala 161 for Ogier 143

http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_10_2015/post-4-0-90312600-1445781640.jpg

Latvala could fight for the championship if he hadnt 3 dnf at first 4 rallies.Actually if he had one dnf less.

edit. sorry guys the points i copied are wrong.
the right is 154 for Ogier and 168 for Latvala from Portugal till Spain.
Still he could fight for championship if he hadn t the 3 dnf at first half.

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/results/championship/drivers/page/193-290---.html

I made the same counts at the end of the rally but we must be realists. Those number have not too much meaning.

1) Ogier would not have been first in the road in some of the rally you mentioned.
2) Ogier would have been very much concentrated than ha has been in the last few rallies.
3) Ogier is clearly the man to beat, showed better pace than Latvala in Corsica and here in Spain.

But we should also praise Latvala that has finally showed consistency from Finland till now. I don't know if he never had finished 5 events in a row in first and second positions only. Of course it would be another thing to see such performances when championship is not yet gone for him.

dimviii
25th October 2015, 16:07
borl video the raly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lra__-v4ol0&feature=youtu.be

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSKtT8zWIAA-jHU.jpg

AL14
25th October 2015, 16:09
WRC2 by average points per event (just out of curiosity)

Kopecký - 3 events and 58 points - avg. 19,3 points/event
Al Attiyah - 7 events and 112 points - avg. 16 points/event
Protasov - 6 events and 90 points - avg. 15 points/event
Tidemand - 6 events and 86 points - avg. 14,3 points/event
Al Kuwari - 6 events and 76 points - avg. 12,7 points/event
Lappi - 7 events and 88 points - avg. 12,6 points/event

This is nice Mirek.
Is it also the same ranking of the oldest to the youngest? :)

dimviii
25th October 2015, 16:11
I made the same counts at the end of the rally but we must be realists. Those number have not too much meaning.

1) Ogier would not have been first in the road in some of the rally you mentioned.
2) Ogier would have been very much concentrated than ha has been in the last few rallies.
3) Ogier is clearly the man to beat, showed better pace than Latvala in Corsica and here in Spain.

But we should also praise Latvala that has finally showed consistency from Finland till now. I don't know if he never had finished 5 events in a row in first and second positions only. Of course it would be another thing to see such performances when championship is not yet gone for him.

man, i just said that '' he could fight for the championship''
didn t said that he would beat him.Of course Ogier is the man to beat.

AL14
25th October 2015, 16:14
man, i just said that '' he could fight for the championship''
didn t said that he would beat him.Of course Ogier is the man to beat.

Didn't read, just saw your match and made post. It's sunday, I'm a bit lazy. ;)

N.O.T
25th October 2015, 16:16
if he hadnt 3 dnf at first 4 rallies.Actually if he had one dnf less.

If IFs and BUTs were pots and pans, everyone would be scrap metal merchants...

he is better in the second half because he has no pressure... it is always like that with kids they are good with fun and games but not that good when they have hot coals in their pockets...

dimviii
25th October 2015, 16:20

he is better in the second half because he has no pressure... it is always like that with kids they are good with fun and games but not that good when they have hot coals in their pockets...

pitty for him,because its not down to less driving capabilities,but down to psychological reasons that dont allow his driving capabilities.

focus206
25th October 2015, 16:22
For once that I couldn't watch the power stage this happens, damn! Anywhere I can watch it again? Congratulations to Mikkelsen, finally his first win. Congratulations also to Nasser (if Kremer would have passed him on final stage, the championship would still be open? Such a shame) and Aasen.

Mirek
25th October 2015, 16:23
As one guy from our Czech forum pointed out we have now a first season since 2002 when two or more drivers made their maiden victories. This year it was Kris Meeke and Andreas Mikkelsen, 13 years a go it was two icons - Sebastien Loeb and Petter Solberg...

tommeke_B
25th October 2015, 16:23
A few photos from today. Did only 2 stages, twice the short one this morning. some long flat-out section before they arrived, then a right corner (flat out for the fastest), then the road bends left into braking for a slower right corner with a big cut. After a few cars the dust/gravel started getting on the road which meant a lot of fun. Ptaszek (Fiesta R2T) did a big crash there, he was braking way too late and went straight. Spectators were quite lucky, if the wall would have been half a meter lower the car would have rolled onto it I think... All in all a great event, going to try to come back sometime. :) I wouldn't mind if it would be a complete asphalt rally.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/12034293_1163560246989193_5379767094812899243_o.jp g

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/t31.0-8/12031474_1163560113655873_3898310255779293176_o.jp g

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/t31.0-8/12186733_1163559916989226_5343857461923434366_o.jp g

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/12183963_1163560086989209_3990342494493740645_o.jp g

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/12182533_1163560230322528_5788681148340024776_o.jp g

NoFear85
25th October 2015, 16:29
dimvii: where you take this pictures with results? its tottaly wrong, JML take 18 for o/a and 2 from PS in Spain. Ogier win in Australia o/a and PS, thats mean 28point not 21 lika in a pictures. All points from pictures are non-sense, or not from this season

N.O.T
25th October 2015, 16:38
A few photos from today. Did only 2 stages, twice the short one this morning. some long flat-out section before they arrived, then a right corner (flat out for the fastest), then the road bends left into braking for a slower right corner with a big cut. After a few cars the dust/gravel started getting on the road which meant a lot of fun. Ptaszek (Fiesta R2T) did a big crash there, he was braking way too late and went straight. Spectators were quite lucky, if the wall would have been half a meter lower the car would have rolled onto it I think... All in all a great event, going to try to come back sometime. :) I wouldn't mind if it would be a complete asphalt rally.

No lakes, no hairpins, not even flowers or rocks and no filters and heavy post processing... follow the useless pros next time they know best.

AL14
25th October 2015, 16:39

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/12034293_1163560246989193_5379767094812899243_o.jp g

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/t31.0-8/12031474_1163560113655873_3898310255779293176_o.jp g

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/t31.0-8/12186733_1163559916989226_5343857461923434366_o.jp g

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/12183963_1163560086989209_3990342494493740645_o.jp g

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/12182533_1163560230322528_5788681148340024776_o.jp g

Really great photos and great spots. Congrats to you and thanks for sharing

dimviii
25th October 2015, 16:42
dimvii: where you take this pictures with results? its tottaly wrong, JML take 18 for o/a and 2 from PS in Spain. Ogier win in Australia o/a and PS, thats mean 28point not 21 lika in a pictures. All points from pictures are non-sense, or not from this season
ι have edit my post and have write the right points mate.

AL14
25th October 2015, 16:48

Yes but he is far from being a "kid good with fun and games". Very few people would be there where he is, still capable of battling with Ogier, after so many years of troubles and strong rivals like the two Sebs. We all have seen people in rally and not only fall down after 2-3 years of rivaltry against the bests, they just could handle their pinnacle. But he is still there. Something not common and to be praised of in my opinion.

N.O.T
25th October 2015, 16:57
Yes but he is far from being a "kid good with fun and games". Very few people would be there where he is, still capable of battling with Ogier, after so many years of troubles and strong rivals like the two Sebs. We all have seen people in rally and not only fall down after 2-3 years of rivaltry against the bests, they just could handle their pinnacle. But he is still there. Something not common and to be praised of in my opinion.

i do not see any battle with Ogier all these years... he can battle for some stages and maybe a day or two but many people can do that...

when Latvala was second in the championship everyone who got it that season had their easiest championship in their lifetime both Loeb and Ogier.

Fast Eddie WRC
25th October 2015, 17:04
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSLCKQFWIAA4csA.jpg

AL14
25th October 2015, 17:08
i do not see any battle with Ogier all these years... he can battle for some stages and maybe a day or two but many people can do that...

when Latvala was second in the championship everyone who got it that season had their easiest championship in their lifetime both Loeb and Ogier.

Seems to me too much extreme. At a championship level you are right, but they don't fight only for stages like you said.
Ogier had to took risks and felt the pressure from him for entire rallys in the last two years. Who else did it? Only Mikkelsen in Sweden this year.

Fast Eddie WRC
25th October 2015, 17:12
WRC MANUFACTURERS’ STANDINGS

1) Volkswagen Motorsport: 387,
2) Citroën Total Abu Dhabi World Rally Team: 206,
3) Hyundai Motorsport: 202,
4) M-Sport World Rally Team: 173,
5) Volkswagen Motorsport II: 116,
6) Hyundai Motorsport N: 67,
7) Jipocar Czech National Team: 51,
8) FWRT SRL: 9

N.O.T
25th October 2015, 17:12
Seems to me too much extreme. At a championship level you are right, but they don't fight only for stages like you said.
Ogier had to took risks and felt the pressure from him for entire rallys in the last two years. Who else did it? Only Mikkelsen in Sweden this year.

On the important ones the battle was over soon most of the times... i do not see Latvala as a challenger for the title anymore he brakes easily.

AL14
25th October 2015, 17:15
On the important ones the battle was over soon most of the times...

This is true. Germany 2014 is representative. Latvala had the chance to open a real fight for the championship and crashed stupidly with one minute lead and Ogier retired.

MartijnS
25th October 2015, 18:15
Really enjoyed the rally once again!
Few photos already online on Facebook.
More will follow tuesday when I get back home :)

https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/12140778_973937242649669_4980212457901727904_n.jpg ?oh=75ed48215f3eff1e9be63d0fc785bb8f&oe=56BEB79E

https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/11251114_974321292611264_5116272526503349991_n.jpg ?oh=c21fb1e8736df7ec7bae36900f8a2ff0&oe=56D1A912

https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12038012_973937442649649_7546858829557130250_n.jpg ?oh=6db6f2a08c72f7b85eec5618d183347d&oe=56BB1240

https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/12144872_973645779345482_8842330252014346063_n.jpg ?oh=48b919d54021b9b06b2ee6b5fa18d05f&oe=5686873F

bluuford
25th October 2015, 18:19
I don't understand. Nasser wins WRC-2. But what about Protasov ??

6 best scores count, his worst score is 10 points.even if he wins, he is able to collect 15 more points only.

denkimi
25th October 2015, 18:49
ogier will start to dislike asphalt. only 2 out of 7 retirements in the last 3 years were on gravel.

PLuto
25th October 2015, 19:28
ogier will start to dislike asphalt. only 2 out of 7 retirements in the last 3 years were on gravel.

I think it is because most of WRC events is on loose surface (gravel or snow) and he is "loosing experience" on tarmac...

PLuto
25th October 2015, 19:34
As one guy from our Czech forum pointed out we have now a first season since 2002 when two or more drivers made their maiden victories. This year it was Kris Meeke and Andreas Mikkelsen, 13 years a go it was two icons - Sebastien Loeb and Petter Solberg...

There is only one difference - in 2002 there were lot of drivers fighting for win and both their wins were after proper battle with the best drivers in that time. Wins of Meeke and Mikkelsen are possible only because Ogier retired...

Hartusvuori
25th October 2015, 19:38
There is only one difference - in 2002 there were lot of drivers fighting for win and both their wins were after proper battle with the best drivers in that time. Wins of Meeke and Mikkelsen are possible only because Ogier retired...

Only once has Ogier been beaten in straight fight this year, in Finland by Latvala. I think it was the same in 2014 as well.

dimviii
25th October 2015, 19:43
Sébastien Ogier
‏@SebOgier

Routine checks at the hospital confirmed that I'm fine. Everything is ok for Julien as well. Thank you all for your support

NOT send me also this twitter via pm.

Andrea Kaiser
‏@AndreaKaiser

@SebOgier is just back from the Hospital- He is ok ����

dimviii
25th October 2015, 19:49
Colin Clark ‏@voiceofrally

This sums up that wonderful moment of disbelief as @AMikkelsenRally is told he's won! Fab pic @mchphotocz

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSLbI0hWsAAxaYC.jpg

Andreas Mikkelsen ‏@AMikkelsenRally

Winning is a team job! Thanks to my safety-crew Timo and Bernt for your excellent job! #RallySpain #WRC

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSLUOvoWUAAWpe7.jpg

AL14
25th October 2015, 19:58
Only once has Ogier been beaten in straight fight this year, in Finland by Latvala. I think it was the same in 2014 as well.

Also Argentina in 2014. ;)

dimviii
25th October 2015, 20:05
nice video
https://youtu.be/2k7CHnoAOxc

dimviii
25th October 2015, 20:59
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/typo3temp/yag-galleries/45/22/Rallye_Spanien_2015_020_452263_5628dbf14.jpg
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/typo3temp/yag-galleries/45/67/Rallye_Spanien_2015_120_456763_562c9707c.jpg
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/typo3temp/yag-galleries/45/72/Rallye_Spanien_2015_RM_167_457255_562d072cc.jpg
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/typo3temp/yag-galleries/45/72/Rallye_Spanien_2015_RM_152_457273_562d072dc.jpg

dimviii
25th October 2015, 21:02
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4piZJJ5abN4&feature=youtu.be

EstWRC
25th October 2015, 21:58
look at this post from photographer Jaanus Ree in instagram! https://instagram.com/p/9RKjuqNS4D/?taken-by=jaanusree

SubaruNorway
25th October 2015, 22:00
Thought i should celebrate the Norwegian victory today by editing a video of the 4 events I've been to with Andreas, the video with footage from all the way back to the Rally Norway candidate event in 2006 will have to wait until his overall win ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXrFGKe34uU

dimviii
25th October 2015, 22:38
"It was a long left turn, twice," said the driver. "This morning on the first pass, I had corrected the note because the exit of turn was faster than what we had originally noted. The problem is that I am also entered quickly in the first round . The car was deported, the trajectory has grown 10 centimeters too and this is the rail that stopped us anywhere. "

"It's a bit stupid mistake because we had won the race. It was one day that we managed our lead and I wanted to enjoy myself by attacking in the last special. I played and I lost. I accept full responsibility and the consequences which fortunately are not too serious. The key is that Julien and I are safe, and I want to thank all the hospital care teams their care. "

"I'm sorry for Volkswagen, which has once again done a great job. It is important for me to know that the team is still rewarded with an excellent result, thanks to this doubled my teammates."

http://www.sebastien-ogier.com/fr/actualites/rallyes-2015/rallye-d-espagne/fin-de-rallye-decevante-pour-sebastien-ogier-et-julien-ingrassia

French_Paulo
25th October 2015, 22:53
6 best scores count, his worst score is 10 points.even if he wins, he is able to collect 15 more points only.

Thanks ! Sad for Yuriy :/

Eli
25th October 2015, 22:56
This nearly happened !
close close, I wasn't sure Mikkelsen had it in him to beat Latvala on a sealed surface.

Fast Eddie WRC
25th October 2015, 23:01
close close, I wasn't sure Mikkelsen had it in him to beat Latvala on a sealed surface.

Liked your thinking though.. you never know in sport what might happen and we should always keep believing in the possibilities..
And what is the alternative - no excitement, no hope.. you might as well give up on life !

Eli
25th October 2015, 23:20
Liked your thinking though.. you never know in sport what might happen and we should always keep believing in the possibilities..
And what is the alternative - no excitement, no hope.. you might as well give up on life !
yeah shame I hadn't had a bit more belief and also pickems wise... I hope all the time that the stranglehold of Ogier & VW will end.. and this time I think for the first time this season, Ogier made a mistake. Honestly though I hope Latvala & Mikkelsen will move away from the VW camp to Toyota soon enough to kick the Ass out of that Polo R WRC & Jost Capito.

janvanvurpa
26th October 2015, 00:53
Oh Noez!
Ogier admits he's done in WRC..making stupid mistakes

"It's a bit stupid mistake because we had won the race. It was one day that we managed our lead and I wanted to enjoy myself by attacking in the last special. I played and I lost.

"It's a bit stupid mistake because we had won the race. It was one day that we managed our lead and I wanted to enjoy myself by attacking in the last special. I played and I lost.

The rally won and a safe lead, the SS won, the WRC crown won..
And he still makes stupid misttakes..and admits it!

I think we should start a Wilson Jr/Petter Solberg/Sordo/Kubica/Hirvonen type thread "Is he really washed up?" or "Can't even control himself from gambling, Ogier career over"
thread.

Burnt out.

NOT good for anything...:bigcry:

itix
26th October 2015, 01:19
There was one thing that confused me this sunday... why would Hyundai gain from Paddon taking a penalty and how would that elevate neuville?
I really don't understand how taking road penalties would work in Hyundais favor :S

raybak
26th October 2015, 03:43
There was one thing that confused me this sunday... why would Hyundai gain from Paddon taking a penalty and how would that elevate neuville?
I really don't understand how taking road penalties would work in Hyundais favor :S

If Paddon had of booked in early say 5 mins he would have got 5 mins of penalties thus falling behind Neuville giving him more points.

itix
26th October 2015, 04:42
That would effectively kill their efforts in the manufacturers champ... no it wouldn't. I'm being an idiot because Paddon is in the N team. Disregard what I said! He's so good these days you forget that he is in the secondary team.

This was a rally for guys in support teams if you think about it. Mikkelsen, Paddon did well, Tidemand.

Mk2 RS2000
26th October 2015, 07:57
I would love to see the telemetry on Nuvelle's car, what's the bet that the half shaft failed while he was trying to regain the road. In my experience they do not break under braking. He did go off nose first, it was not as though he was trying to save an overshoot. Sounds a bit like BS to this kid.

skarderud
26th October 2015, 08:10
Mikkelsen said at norwegian News yesterday that ogier told him before last stage that it was imposible to make mistake at PS and it was flat out.....:)

Jeppe
26th October 2015, 08:37
Mikkelsen said at norwegian News yesterday that ogier told him before last stage that it was imposible to make mistake at PS and it was flat out.....:)

Typical mental game before the stage. This time Ogier lost it ;)

N.O.T
26th October 2015, 08:55
Typical mental game before the stage. This time Ogier lost it ;)

mental game towards a guy 1 minute behind with 1 stage to go ??

thuGG
26th October 2015, 10:31
Kubica onboards: 14, 15, 16:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNxS6kpHA8c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye_gLBIP1RU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnqCqn2hGSU

Karukera
26th October 2015, 11:20

And Duval, Ostberg, Sordo... All ended up stuck in the middle if not fat.

tommeke_B
26th October 2015, 12:13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ2Ovo39kh8 The video one of my friends made last weekend.

ziggysony
26th October 2015, 13:28
http://youtu.be/smc5bZQ7D-E My Video WRC rally ESPAÑA Costa Daurada 2015

b3637853
26th October 2015, 13:45
My few conclusions after the rally:

- Ogier is yet a human altough his concetration may not have been too high
- Mikkelsen finally got his win, altough it took him 64 WRC events
- Latvala having 155 WRC starts still needs to change "mental approach" every few events
- Evans is not in form and podium in Corsica was rather lucky
- Neuville is so not in form I can't even describe it
- Kubica should get a seat in works team (at least for 7-8 rallies)
- Tanak needs to improve a lot on tarmac
- Sordo, Meeke and Ostberg did good 'team-scoring-oriented' rally

thuGG
26th October 2015, 14:06

Hmm, to me he looked quite impressive on tarmac.

b3637853
26th October 2015, 14:50
Hmm, to me he looked quite impressive on tarmac.

For me he is on Ostberg's level on tarmac, If he wnats to be top WRC contender his bar should be rised higher.

EstWRC
26th October 2015, 15:45
My few conclusions after the rally:

- Ogier is yet a human altough his concetration may not have been too high
- Mikkelsen finally got his win, altough it took him 64 WRC events
- Latvala having 155 WRC starts still needs to change "mental approach" every few events
- Evans is not in form and podium in Corsica was rather lucky
- Neuville is so not in form I can't even describe it
- Kubica should get a seat in works team (at least for 7-8 rallies)
- Sordo, Meeke and Ostberg did good 'team-scoring-oriented' rally

i agree with everything. Tänak looked good yesterday on tarmac and the progress was very impressive from Corsica and Germany but he still has a long way to go on tarmac. I think its because he hasnt driven on tarmac for 3 years and now in spain he started to get the feeling again.

AL14
26th October 2015, 16:31
i agree with everything. Tänak looked good yesterday on tarmac and the progress was very impressive from Corsica and Germany but he still has a long way to go on tarmac. I think its because he hasnt driven on tarmac for 3 years and now in spain he started to get the feeling again.

Est. Do you know how Tanak train himself to improve on tarmac? Paddon for example analyzes onboards, make practice with some specialized coach and so on. What Tanak do instead?

EstWRC
26th October 2015, 16:50
i dont know actually, he doesnt talk and reveal such things on such way like Paddon so we have to just guess. I know he doesnt have a coach like Paddon has but im sure they all watch onboards and so on. Yesterday Tänak said they are not driving on maximum and they are correcting pacenotes and he is looking for the right lines to drive. If you take this account then the pace was very good and you can see it on the Day3 result http://www.ewrc-results.com/leg.php?e=19130&s=96983&leg=3&t=RallyRACC-Catalunya-Costa-Daurada-2015

only VW's and Sordo were faster and they were not cruising! After Corsica i was already hopeless because i thought we will see progress there but he was even worse than in germany. Anyway im very happy with the progress because i know that he is fast on tarmac too :)

Overall i think the rally spain was great. On friday Tänak was matching the VW's and the top3 were separated only by 3 seconds before the second pass of Terra Alta
. On Saturday Ogier went on his own way but the fight for 2-3 was great to watch and all the drama on Sunday of course. And the rally was good to follow because there werent huge gaps between stages and you got long stages and short stages.

Lundefaret
26th October 2015, 17:26
I am very positively surprised by three things in Spain.

1) Andreas Mikkelsen
Watching Mikkelsen on the first Super Special he was back at driving slow/fast (neat correct lines, knowing where to be slow to go fast), and he was very precise, not over doing it on entries (if You take away that one corner which probably cost him the stage win), and I was thinking to my self - could this be his rally? (I didn't dare to write it in case I would jinx it, I am after all a Norwegian.
But then he underwhelmed me a bit on the gravel. I thought he would take it to the door with Ogier, specially since there is very low grip and then the slow/fast/Nose End First style can give You an edge.
He was back fighting for the +1 min third he is used to. And it all would have ended there, if not Ogier had gone out, and Latvala had problems.
But while his position to fight for victory didn't come from pure pace, but a little bit of luck, his overall win did.
His driving on the Power Stage was hugely impressive!
In the same position earlier he has over done it, and either went out, or lost time (usually by trying to take to much in braking.) Now he went very fast, very smooth, and very (everything is relative) safe. Impressive!

2) Dani Sordo
The Hyundai is good, but not the best. And Sordo had a big challenge ahead. He has pressure from the team, the home crowd, and the fact that it was a mixed surface event. He drove a very well balanced rally, and it was in my mind one of his best performances in his career. I am very impressed by his whole weekend!

3) Mads Østberg vs Kris Meeke
Out of nowhere Mads Østberg suddenly woke up to take stage wins. I know that he earlier in the season has driven to collect points, but from the outside it has seemed slow and uninspired. What lit the fire in his belly, I dont know, but it was very good to see. Likewise i was a bit underwelmed by Meeke, who I thought could fight good here, and hadn't expected him to be beaten by Østberg.

What was negative?
1) Ogier
2) Neuville
3) M-Sport

dimviii
26th October 2015, 18:32
https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12191571_1055536531157203_5000553785327250080_n.jp g?oh=a666a19fcecde39630284d0feaaec122&oe=56BD86AF
https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/12042751_1054887571222099_8233841066816756658_n.jp g?oh=eeeae5521a2ca6bfe279448cfc12c44f&oe=56C4412E
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/12046673_1054887891222067_2258566757798997866_n.jp g?oh=93ba7f558bab29e69a7fd0a9dbae484c&oe=56BB2B4C
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/12065686_1055532724490917_5150267929951264103_n.jp g?oh=1c916d05c7d460d210b1a9c5c62ac111&oe=56B36638

more
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1054080554636134.1073741869.162025460508319&type=3

Simmi
26th October 2015, 21:36
That will be why I didn't see the Quattro ahead of the power stage then...

dimviii
26th October 2015, 22:10
Mikkelsen was very lucky to spin with that speed and stay on the road...
https://youtu.be/65GWRMr-3_Q

RAS007
27th October 2015, 02:05
What was negative?
1) Ogier
2) Neuville
3) M-Sport

I really wonder what the future holds for M-Sport. With the occasional exception, they aren't competitive anywhere, normally finishing a distant 7th or 8th or worse, and its been that way for a very long time now. How much longer will Malcolm continue with this fruitless endeavor? I do wonder….