28th September 2007, 09:55
Much more bull**** than information...

I agree !

GigiGalliNo1
30th October 2007, 13:26
Galli & Garde in a PH team?

Thought Garde was with Suzuki?

Translate from italian to eng please?

" WRC - Scoop: Galli e Gardemeister lasciano il team PH-Sport!
Alcune fonti esclusive di Racingworld.it hanno confermato che Gigi Galli e Toni Gardemeister hanno deciso di non utilizzare più la Citroen Xsara WRC del team PH-Sport.

La squadra transalpina è ora senza un pilota nel Mondiale Rally, dal momento che Gigi Galli - che ha corso con la Xsara PH-Sport nei rally di Svezia, Norvegia e Portogallo - dovrebbe scegliere altri team, qualora proseguisse il programma iridato.

La trattativa imbastita dal manager del pilota finnico Toni Gardemeister, si è ugualmente conclusa con un “nulla di fatto”, prefigurando un proseguo della stagione al volante della comunque competitiva Mitsubishi Lancer WRC della MMSP."

COD
30th October 2007, 17:17
Galli & Garde in a PH team?

Thought Garde was with Suzuki?

Translate from italian to eng please?

" WRC - Scoop: Galli e Gardemeister lasciano il team PH-Sport!
Alcune fonti esclusive di Racingworld.it hanno confermato che Gigi Galli e Toni Gardemeister hanno deciso di non utilizzare più la Citroen Xsara WRC del team PH-Sport.

La squadra transalpina è ora senza un pilota nel Mondiale Rally, dal momento che Gigi Galli - che ha corso con la Xsara PH-Sport nei rally di Svezia, Norvegia e Portogallo - dovrebbe scegliere altri team, qualora proseguisse il programma iridato.

La trattativa imbastita dal manager del pilota finnico Toni Gardemeister, si è ugualmente conclusa con un “nulla di fatto”, prefigurando un proseguo della stagione al volante della comunque competitiva Mitsubishi Lancer WRC della MMSP."

How old is this news???

alleskids
30th October 2007, 17:21
Galli has left the PH team a long time ago, but Gardemeister drove with them in Germany.

A bit of a mess with the direct treanslation, but this should be the article.

WRC - Scoop: Galli and Gardemeister leave the PH-Sport team!
Some exclusive sources of Racingworld.it have confirmed that Gigi Galli and Tony Gardemeister have decided not to use the Citroen Xsara WRC of the PH-Sport team anymore.

The square transalpina is hour without a pilot in the World-wide Rally, from the moment that Gigi Galli - that she has run with the Xsara PH-Sport in the rallies of Sweden, Norway and Portugal - other teams would have to choose, in case continued the iridato program.

The negotiation imbastita from manager of the finnico pilot Tony Gardemeister, equally has been concluded with a "null one of fact", prefiguring continues of the season to flying of however the competitive Mitsubishi Lancer WRC of the MMSP."

GigiGalliNo1
31st October 2007, 02:25
oh so its old ok thanks :)

WRCfan
31st October 2007, 02:44
Breaking news just in...

~~Rallysport media press release~~

31 October 2007 - 09:56

"It has been announced that today by the FIA, who governs the World Rally Championship that the 2008 championship will have a very different look to that of the 2007 one.

There has been several changes to the rules and calendar it was announced this morning. The governing body met last night and all came to an agreement this morning to the changes with a overwhelming majority vote.

Changes are as follows:

1. Drivers will no longer wear the three-layer fireproof overalls but rather they will be adorned in a bright pink tutu and fishnet stockings.

2. Championship points will not be awarded for placing in the overall rally, points now are awarded for most sideways driving and how much debris you can leave scattered on stages/road sections/ spectators, and bonus points are awarded for additional greenery hanging off your car come stage end.

3. All teams are to replace their current engines with ride-on lawnmower engines. Turbo chargers will be allowed.

With these swift moves coming in for the beginning of the 2008 year, Max Mosley has stated he believes these changes to be in the best interest of the sport. As a "motorsport expert" he knows what he is doing and is one hundred percent in touch with the needs of the World Rally Championship to take it into the future.

~~Worldpress Organisation~~

J.Lindstroem
31st October 2007, 09:12
WRCfan, where do you get everything from and how do you manage to be so freaking funny all the time?

WRCfan
1st November 2007, 01:32
It was a gift given to me by the angel's before the stork delivered me when I was a baby.....

GigiGalliNo1
1st November 2007, 01:51
nawwww how sweeet

WRCfan
1st November 2007, 04:00
I sweeter than sugar Matt baby, will rott your teeth too :O

Where you disappeared to? Lunchbreak?

grugsticles
1st November 2007, 04:53
Lawnmower engines... I like it!!!

WRCfan
1st November 2007, 05:41
It's the way of the future my friend. WRC wants cost cutting, they got it!!!!

GigiGalliNo1
13th November 2007, 02:05
huh?:

" WRC - Sainz con una Skoda Fabia WRC al Rally Shalymar
L’ex due volte Campione del Mondo della Citroen, Carlos Sainz, tornerà sui suoi passi questo weekend correndo il Shalymar Rally con una Skoda Fabia WRC, lasciando la abituale Volkswagen Touareg utilizzata nei Rally-Raid.

Sainz, ritiratosi dal WRC nel 2004, avrà a disposizione la vettura semi-ufficiale del ceco Jan Kopecky nella gara in cui iniziò la carriera. Il rally si correrà il 23 e 24 novembre, con partenza dallo stadio calcistico del Real Madrid prima di spostarsi sul circuito di Jarama per una Superspeciale."

Josti
13th November 2007, 07:56
huh?:

" WRC - Sainz con una Skoda Fabia WRC al Rally Shalymar
L’ex due volte Campione del Mondo della Citroen, Carlos Sainz, tornerà sui suoi passi questo weekend correndo il Shalymar Rally con una Skoda Fabia WRC, lasciando la abituale Volkswagen Touareg utilizzata nei Rally-Raid.

Sainz, ritiratosi dal WRC nel 2004, avrà a disposizione la vettura semi-ufficiale del ceco Jan Kopecky nella gara in cui iniziò la carriera. Il rally si correrà il 23 e 24 novembre, con partenza dallo stadio calcistico del Real Madrid prima di spostarsi sul circuito di Jarama per una Superspeciale."

Yes, he will drive this Spanish rally in a Skoda. Probably because of his involvement with Volkswagen. I would have assumed it was on gravel, but as said on European rally forum, it's a tarmac rally.

Donney
13th November 2007, 10:21
It is a tarmac rally and he participated last year driving a Porsche as 0 car with former codriver Juanjo Lacalle calling the notes.

Mihai
14th November 2007, 10:52
What about the Estonian Word Rally Team. A local newspaper in Estonia wrote about this.

http://www.rallifoorum.ee/foorum/viewtopic.php?t=3559
http://www.rally.ro/?req=articol&id_a=1925

http://www.rally.ro/img/poze/big/1468.jpg

Brother John
14th November 2007, 11:11
What about the Estonian Word Rally Team. A local newspaper in Estonia wrote about this.

http://www.rallifoorum.ee/foorum/viewtopic.php?t=3559
http://www.rally.ro/?req=articol&id_a=1925

http://www.rally.ro/img/poze/big/1468.jpg

A nice dream for the Estonian fans, I wish them much luck and that their dream ends up :up: in the future.

Jaanus
14th November 2007, 11:41
The Estonian Rally Team will not happen next year, they don't have the time or money to do it. But it might happen sometime in the future.
Next year Urmo Aava will drive atleast 10 rallys with Suzuki or Ford. It looks like Urmo will rent a Focus because the Suzuki offer was not good enough.

Micke_VOC
17th November 2007, 01:31
About Suzuki...Today i heard that Garde is for 100% is first driver next year in Suzuki... and that were from very reliable sources....'

I Hope that its true and PG and Aava and Wilks is sharing the second driver position...

noel157
17th November 2007, 15:21
I spoke lastnight to some of the people involved and at present nobody has been signed, not Toni G (although he is favourite) nor Wilks, PG or Aava. Offers have made to the last 3 - that is, you pay, you can drive.
I think it's a disgrace a factory which has spent millions of dollars on a WRC project will only accept 2nd drivers who come with cheque book in hand. It's not the ideal way to launch a team. Certainly the drivers they have asked are very talented and will do well but it just doesn't seem correct. What is Monster up to?
Press conference in Japan Dec 13th to announce driver(s).

Tomi
17th November 2007, 15:26
I spoke lastnight to some of the people involved and at present nobody has been signed, not Toni G

With who did you speak??

Brother John
17th November 2007, 15:35
With who did you speak??

With a mechanic maby? Or some one ho clean the cars? :rotflmao:

Tomi
17th November 2007, 15:36
With a mechanic maby? Or some one ho clean the cars? :rotflmao:

lol, i was thinking maybe Santa or Jesus, for some reason i think Micke is right.

Roy
17th November 2007, 15:39
lol, i was thinking maybe Santa or Jesus.

Well...the last one is involved in everything...

And my 1000th post :bounce:

noel157
17th November 2007, 17:07
If it was Jesus or Santa they have both shaved their beards off...............(and Santa has been on a diet and Jesus looks very young for his age)......... :)

Josti
17th November 2007, 18:25
If it was Jesus or Santa they have both shaved their beards off...............(and Santa has been on a diet and Jesus looks very young for his age)......... :)

...so Toni and Suzuki for 2008 :up:

Tom206wrc
18th November 2007, 11:16
Good news for Gardemeister ;) but let's hope the SX4 will have really improved from its first outing in Corsica :s

I am evil Homer
18th November 2007, 11:33
Silly question maybe as I haven't kept up with this thread...but next year is anyone going to be using the C4 apart from the works team? I suspect they'd be very expensive - too much for most privateers - but could Citroen create an M2 team along the lines of Stobart?

Tomi
18th November 2007, 11:47
Silly question maybe as I haven't kept up with this thread...but next year is anyone going to be using the C4 apart from the works team? I suspect they'd be very expensive - too much for most privateers - but could Citroen create an M2 team along the lines of Stobart?

I think there is alot of good cars there, but drivers have problems to find sponsors, an other thing is also that there is not available work seats, only 1 Suzuki seat left for drivers to compete about. It's more clever to drive highly competitive national series and develope as driver that way, than to burn big sums of money for nothing.

Tom206wrc
18th November 2007, 11:54
I hope also we will see C4s in national championships soon(I'm thinking of french tarmac/gravel rallies championship for example) :)

1LM1
19th November 2007, 12:52
In a French newspaper (L'Equipe) dated from this morning, Petter Solberg reveals that he will still be a Subaru driver next year.
But He was very angry after Prodrive. Loeb came to congratulate Petter after the Norse was quickest in the last stage and Petter explained to Loeb that he can only set decent times in short stages like that with his car.

So Latvala will replace Marcus for sure.

That's a good thing for the championship:

Loeb/Sordo
Hirvonen/Latvala
Solberg/Atkinson

Good drivers in every team.

Tom206wrc
19th November 2007, 13:58
I have the feeling that if the Subaru hasn't improved next year, 2008 would be the last one of Solberg P in the team :s

Frozzy
19th November 2007, 14:01
but didn't Solberg sign a contract to stay with subaru until 2010?

1LM1
19th November 2007, 14:11
but didn't Solberg sign a contract to stay with subaru until 2010?

He already has a contract with Subaru for next season (maybe until 2010, I don't know)
Actually, the French newspaper say that Solberg will honor his contract with Subaru.

Recent Rumours has linked him with Ford either to replace Marcus or to partner his brother. That's why I brought this news that confirms he will continue with Subaru.

JAM
19th November 2007, 14:12
I think it's a disgrace a factory which has spent millions of dollars on a WRC project will only accept 2nd drivers who come with cheque book in hand. It's not the ideal way to launch a team. Certainly the drivers they have asked are very talented and will do well but it just doesn't seem correct. What is Monster up to?
Press conference in Japan Dec 13th to announce driver(s).

That's why WRC is going down and down and down and down to the bottom

A team that don't even knows the competitive value of his own car is asking money to the drivers.... :eek:

AndyRAC
19th November 2007, 15:57
In a French newspaper (L'Equipe) dated from this morning, Petter Solberg reveals that he will still be a Subaru driver next year.
But He was very angry after Prodrive. Loeb came to congratulate Petter after the Norse was quickest in the last stage and Petter explained to Loeb that he can only set decent times in short stages like that with his car.

That's a good thing for the championship:

Loeb/Sordo
Hirvonen/Latvala
Solberg/Atkinson

Good drivers in every team.

Three works teams and 6 drivers,....What kind of a World Championship is that??

Josti
19th November 2007, 19:05

Add Suzuki to it.

ITC55
19th November 2007, 22:19
He already has a contract with Subaru for next season (maybe until 2010, I don't know)
Actually, the French newspaper say that Solberg will honor his contract with Subaru.

Recent Rumours has linked him with Ford either to replace Marcus or to partner his brother. That's why I brought this news that confirms he will continue with Subaru.

How could he sign a contract to drive a car that will not be developed to any extent for the majority of next year while his rivals drive into the distance? The gap is going to be bigger next year with the current impreza and the stobart team are overtaking them

1LM1
20th November 2007, 16:57

Three manufacturers? that's not so bad.
Once Lancia was alone!
And yes, don't forget Suzuki.

To ITC55: I am not saying Solberg was right to stay with Subaru!

Tom206wrc
20th November 2007, 17:17
I've read on Autosport CZ that Markko Märtin would test a Subaru Impreza WRC with official Prodrive/SWRT team :eek:

bennizw
20th November 2007, 17:44
Ok, tell us more?

MJW
20th November 2007, 17:49
I've read on Autosport CZ that Markko Märtin would test a Subaru Impreza WRC with official Prodrive/SWRT team :eek:
As a test driver, also possibly as the lead test and development driver for the new 2008 car. Maybe that teh F1 frolick with Prodrive is delayed / suspended/ binned maybe they spend the correct resources on WRC. Lest hope Toyota join them as well and leave F1 to the courtrooms.

DonJippo
20th November 2007, 18:28

You got that one right :D

noel157
20th November 2007, 19:51

As announced some weeks ago Kris Meeke is also being considered for the role of test and developement driver. Markko or Kris? Should know in the next week or two.

Jaanus
21st November 2007, 12:35
Ex-Subaru World Rally Team driver Markko Martin will make a one-off competitive appearance in a works-prepared Impreza World Rally Car at next month's Bettega Memorial Rallysprint.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/21112007/29/markko-martin-set-bettega-memorial.html

noel157
21st November 2007, 14:47
As announced some weeks ago Kris Meeke is also being considered for the role of test and developement driver. Markko or Kris? Should know in the next week or two.

Does anybody know if Martin's SWRT test is simply for the Bettega sprint or is it for the role of test driver for the team as well?

Eyvind
21st November 2007, 21:16
Mikkelsen with Focus WRC 06 in 2008? Also in Wales 2007? Someone who can translate?

http://rajdy.autoklub.pl/17883,news.html

SubaruNorway
21st November 2007, 21:23
Mikkelsen with Focus WRC 06 in 2008? Also in Wales 2007? Someone who can translate?

http://rajdy.autoklub.pl/17883,news.html

Old news. He will have three cars, one for use in the norwegian championship and two for wrc. He will do a three day test this weekend with the new car.

Eyvind
21st November 2007, 21:27
Old news. He will have three cars, one for use in the norwegian championship and two for wrc. He will do a three day test this weekend with the new car.

Thanks !

Buzz Lightyear
22nd November 2007, 09:29
There is a rumour that there will be at least one change in the Subaru 3 car line up next year.

bennizw
22nd November 2007, 09:43
Ok, give us some more info Buzz? ;)

Frozzy
22nd November 2007, 10:14
There is a rumour that there will be at least one change in the Subaru 3 car line up next year.
i'm guessing that maybe xavi pons will be replaced? i mena he hasn't had the greatest of seasons this year

JAM
22nd November 2007, 10:15
i mena he hasn't had the greatest of seasons this year

He had that problem too in 2006 :rolleyes:

Brother John
22nd November 2007, 10:23
Donnelly need a new sponser!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7106449.stm

Frozzy
22nd November 2007, 10:41
will that make way for Donnelly to get sponsorship with Esker again like he did with the Carolla?

COD
22nd November 2007, 11:44

Well, Pons and his "sponsors" may well not be happy with what they got for the money they paid, so why wouldn't he swich to something more competitive?

Tomi
22nd November 2007, 12:01
Well, Pons and his "sponsors" may well not be happy with what they got for the money they paid, so why wouldn't he swich to something more competitive?

Exactly, if he got the money why not switch to a proper car, it's stupid to make a fool of your self and to pay for it as well.

JAM
22nd November 2007, 13:40
Exactly, if he got the money why not switch to a proper car, it's stupid to make a fool of your self and to pay for it as well.

Proper car? A Focus WRC06?

Why not buy a place at Suzuki? They are searching drivers with money.

Tomi
22nd November 2007, 13:48
Proper car? A Focus WRC06?

Why not buy a place at Suzuki? They are searching drivers with money.

Both very good choises.

Paul.G
22nd November 2007, 20:05
Donnelly need a new sponser!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7106449.stm

Yes, I thought I read this before Rally Ireland somewhere, have to see if iv got a few quid spare :D

Gard
23rd November 2007, 07:03

MMmmm...

Roy
23rd November 2007, 07:55
i'm guessing that maybe xavi pons will be replaced? i mena he hasn't had the greatest of seasons this year

Replaced by Mads Ostberg?

ITC55
23rd November 2007, 09:40
There was some talk of Meeke and Mikkelson being in the frame for some kind of subaru supported drive, i'm not sure if it was in a test situation or rally

Roy
23rd November 2007, 09:55
There was some talk of Meeke and Mikkelson being in the frame for some kind of subaru supported drive, i'm not sure if it was in a test situation or rally

Mikkelsen in Subaru? I hope and thought he was supported by Ford (Norway) for some years.

bennizw
23rd November 2007, 10:27
Mikkelsen is for Ford yes. Østberg had the choice of doing a handful of rounds as a third driver with SWRT next year, but decided to do it as a private team, as he'll have more time for testing back here in Norway and to make his own setups (Which fits him much better than the taylormade versions from Prodrive). Anyway, he will be driving a S12B in the WRC rounds he chooses, and staying with his car for this year, the S10 for the Norwegian championship.

Lalo
23rd November 2007, 12:30
Any news on Suzuki's lineup for 2008?

Simmi
23rd November 2007, 13:38
This weeks Autosport says Gigi Galli is apparently close to getting a seat in the Stobart team next year. He has admitted he has spoken to the team and is hopeful of putting something together. Matt Wilson is staying on for another season and it looks like Henning could possibly be heading to Munchis Ford if the article is to be believed.

Roy
23rd November 2007, 13:49
This weeks Autosport says Gigi Galli is apparently close to getting a seat in the Stobart team next year. He has admitted he has spoken to the team and is hopeful of putting something together. Matt Wilson is staying on for another season and it looks like Henning could possibly be heading to Munchis Ford if the article is to be believed.

Again a Ford armada with average drivers. Not the best, but not the bad boys.
Has Autosport a website with the article?

noel157
23rd November 2007, 15:34
Any news on Suzuki's lineup for 2008?

I believe press conference in Japan Dec 12th.
Obviously Toni G is favourite. Rumour that Wilks has agreed a pay drive for 5 European rounds but like all rumours..........

1LM1
23rd November 2007, 15:46
I believe press conference in Japan Dec 12th.
Obviously Toni G is favourite. Rumour that Wilks has agreed a pay drive for 5 European rounds but like all rumours..........

I would love to see Wilks again in the WRC after what he showed last week. Hope the rumour is true.

Jaanus
23rd November 2007, 16:19
Suzuki line up will be:

1 Gardemeister
2 Aava(10 rallys), Wilks(5 rallys)

1LM1
23rd November 2007, 17:03
Suzuki line up will be:

1 Gardemeister
2 Aava(10 rallys), Wilks(5 rallys)

Promising line-up.
Aava deserves it I think.

I should have prefered:

1. Gardemeister 6, Wilks 10
2. Aava 16

or

1. Gardemeister 6. Aava 10
2. Wilks 16

If Suzuki want Wilks and Aava to become top drivers, Isn't it a good idea to make them enter as many rallys as possible ASAP?

Garde is an excellent driver but Aava and Wilks could be even more promising considering Garde's improvement potential is now limited I suppose.

Roy
23rd November 2007, 17:27
Is this a rumour/true, or you what you think Jaanus?

Buzz Lightyear
23rd November 2007, 17:43
Has PG ruled himself out because he is not willing to pay?

SubaruNorway
23rd November 2007, 17:49
Some rumours PG will do the Norwegian championship, also rumors there are three 307wrc over here next year, these rumours are very loose yet though

noel157
23rd November 2007, 19:09
Has PG ruled himself out because he is not willing to pay?

He kinda said last week that he wasn't willing to pay (and no I wasn't talking to the guy that cleans his cars... :) )

Jaanus
23rd November 2007, 19:13
Is this a rumour/true, or you what you think Jaanus?

It is what I think will happen. But the truth here is that Suzuki made an offer for 10 rallys to Aava and now there is a strong romour than Wilks will get 5 rallys so it kind of fits.

Roy
23rd November 2007, 20:00
I hope for Wilks he get morerallies. He does a great job this year. He is the best Brit now. I hope for him Stobart will see and supported this Brittish star instead of (or also) Wilson and Clark.

I don't know right know what i can expect from aava. He didn't wrong things with the Mitsu, but not the speed what Wilks have... (IMO)

Tomi
23rd November 2007, 20:08
I don't know right know what i can expect from aava. He didn't wrong things with the Mitsu, but not the speed what Wilks have... (IMO)

I think Aava is a good a fast driver, his first WRC event in NORF showed it well.

Does the Swedes know what Andersson will do, driving about Norwegian championship sound just pathetic.

SubaruNorway
23rd November 2007, 20:52
I think Aava is a good a fast driver, his first WRC event in NORF showed it well.

Does the Swedes know what Andersson will do, driving about Norwegian championship sound just pathetic.

The Norwegian championship is one of the most competative WRC championships in the world though, Just look at Mads Östberg, Andreas Mikkelsen, Anders Gröndal and Thomas Schie. Sweden and Ireland are almost only made up of gentlemen drivers same goes for Finland i asume?

pathetic?
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6c50ed59-ed4a-43f9-a902-99a40165ea8e.htm

COD
23rd November 2007, 21:05
The Norwegian championship is one of the most competative WRC championships in the world though, Just look at Mads Östberg, Andreas Mikkelsen, Anders Gröndal and Thomas Schie. Sweden and Ireland are almost only made up of gentlemen drivers same goes for Finland i asume?

At the moment in WRC yeas. And WRC-cars will no longer be eligible for championship points after 2008. Gr. N on the other hand is very competitive here.

Tomi
23rd November 2007, 21:11
[quote="SUBARUNORWAY1"]The Norwegian championship is one of the most competative WRC championships in the world though, Just look at Mads Östberg, Andreas Mikkelsen, Anders Gröndal and Thomas Schie. Sweden and Ireland are almost only made up of gentlemen drivers same goes for Finland i asume?

Well even our gentlemen drivers has a seat in all wrc teams, but Citroen.

But what I mean is that Andersson is i belive a rallydriver with big potential, it would be better for him to drive selected WRC events, instead of driving willage events in Norway.

Roy
25th November 2007, 00:01
This is news, so I put it in these tread.
If you haven't noticed: M-Sport has a new looking site with all press releases of their teams and info about the company. http://www.m-sport.co.uk

And finaly BP-Ford has a news site too! http://www.bpfordwrc.com All in flash, but you can download some pics, Podcast/iTunes news. Nice, good looking site! A champion worthy.

MikeD
25th November 2007, 14:15
Are there any news regarding Astra Racing running a couple of Citroens next year?

And is it final that Kronos will leave WRC next year?

And there was a rumour that Subaru would run an M2 team with Østberg. What's the status on that one?

GigiGalliNo1
25th November 2007, 14:18
So this is what it will look like:

BP-Ford Abu Dhabi WRT
HIRVONEN-LATVALA-GRONHOLM-AL QASSIMI
B Team (expert - stobart are leaving)
H SOLBERG-GALLI
C Team (munchi's)
VILLAGRA-WILSON-CLARK

gronholm will be contesting near first 6 rallyes next year.

bennizw
25th November 2007, 15:04
Mads will run a handful of WRC rounds as a private team. These chose this solution, because it doesn't limit how much test time they can recieve, and that they can play around with their own setups (Which have proved to be better than the one's Prodrive have sent them).

Corny
25th November 2007, 16:50
Is that certain already?

Magnus
25th November 2007, 17:50

Is that certain already?

Roy
26th November 2007, 09:33
So this is what it will look like:

BP-Ford Abu Dhabi WRT
HIRVONEN-LATVALA-GRONHOLM -AL QASSIMI
B Team (expert - stobart are leaving) :confused:
H SOLBERG-GALLI
C Team (munchi's)
VILLAGRA-WILSON-CLARK

Gronholm will be contesting near first 6 rallyes next year. :confused:

I don't think so. wher do you find, heard this, our is it yoor own thoughts?

GigiGalliNo1
26th November 2007, 11:07
racing world italia

SubaruNorway
26th November 2007, 17:11
Petter and Henning are doing the Race Of Champions http://www.pettersolberg.no/article/news/2007/11/26/petter-in-race-of-champions/?lang_pref=en

Brother John
5th December 2007, 15:00
Markko Märtin testdriver at Subaru!
Markko Märtin become next year most likely of the test driver at Subaru. The estonian have already tested before rally of Wales for Subaru and that now leads to more test work. Subaru had been very set up after the test with the feedback of Martin, which disappeared after the deadly accident with its co Michael park in Wales 2005. There is much work on the Subaru. The current Subaru WRC need a new approval and beginning 2008 is started with the test work on the new Impreza. With Martin as test driver can Petter Solberg and Chris Atkinson concentrate for the in abundance on the WRC rallys.
http://www.pitstoptv.info/pitstop/?p=3576
No comback for Markko Märtin as a driver!
One of the numerous prominent visitors of the WRC final in Wales was Markko Märtin. The former Peugeot factory driver stood for something lost and friendly smiling at the time keeping, in order to meet a few old acquaintance again. It could subsequently, be invited by Ford technique boss Christian Loriaux to the meal. Märtin accepted a partial time job with Subaru. In the week before the WRC final it tested the current Impreza, in order to give engineers assistance with the problem search. One week to the Rallye Wales will sit the Estonian in the new Impreza, in order to settle first function tests. Maertin could quite understand itself also medium-term a role as development drivers to take over. "that would already interest, says me" it. Markko Märtin spoke never about whether its retreat from the Rallye WRC with the deadly accident of its front seat passenger Michael park had to do or with its futile attempt to be competitive in the Peugeot 307. A comeback in the Rallye WM excludes i categorically: "that is not any more, as it was. When I still drove, I had to begin against the best ones of the world and not only against young, they have money."
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/r/wm/d/n/d/2007/12/05/maertin-hat-keine-lust-auf-comeback/index.html
Altavista used for translations! :s mokin:

COD
5th December 2007, 15:48
[B]Altavista used for translations! :s mokin:

And it shows :laugh:

But on a more serious note, nice that Markko has found a job he likes to do.

Buzz Lightyear
5th December 2007, 16:07
Markko Märtin testdriver at Subaru!
Markko Märtin become next year most likely of the test driver at Subaru. The estonian have already tested before rally of Wales for Subaru and that now leads to more test work. Subaru had been very set up after the test with the feedback of Martin, which disappeared after the deadly accident with its co Michael park in Wales 2005. There is much work on the Subaru. The current Subaru WRC need a new approval and beginning 2008 is started with the test work on the new Impreza. With Martin as test driver can Petter Solberg and Chris Atkinson concentrate for the in abundance on the WRC rallys.
http://www.pitstoptv.info/pitstop/?p=3576
No comback for Markko Märtin as a driver!
One of the numerous prominent visitors of the WRC final in Wales was Markko Märtin. The former Peugeot factory driver stood for something lost and friendly smiling at the time keeping, in order to meet a few old acquaintance again. It could subsequently, be invited by Ford technique boss Christian Loriaux to the meal. Märtin accepted a partial time job with Subaru. In the week before the WRC final it tested the current Impreza, in order to give engineers assistance with the problem search. One week to the Rallye Wales will sit the Estonian in the new Impreza, in order to settle first function tests. Maertin could quite understand itself also medium-term a role as development drivers to take over. "that would already interest, says me" it. Markko Märtin spoke never about whether its retreat from the Rallye WRC with the deadly accident of its front seat passenger Michael park had to do or with its futile attempt to be competitive in the Peugeot 307. A comeback in the Rallye WM excludes i categorically: "that is not any more, as it was. When I still drove, I had to begin against the best ones of the world and not only against young, they have money."
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/r/wm/d/n/d/2007/12/05/maertin-hat-keine-lust-auf-comeback/index.html
Altavista used for translations! :s mokin:

markko has not been confirmed as a test driver. i think alot of the relates to an article in last weeks autosport in england, as i read it at rally gb. He said he would like to be a test driver, but the decision is still with subaru. i suppose any decision would relate to how well markkos setup was recieved by the drivers at rally gb

Dilek
5th December 2007, 20:07
Mikkelsens's news ;) but from rallye-magazin.de

http://http://www.rallye-magazin.de/r/wm/d/a/d/2007/12/03/groenholm-wird-fahrlehrer/index.html

SubaruNorway
5th December 2007, 20:19
Mikkelsens's news ;) but from rallye-magazin.de

http://http://www.rallye-magazin.de/r/wm/d/a/d/2007/12/03/groenholm-wird-fahrlehrer/index.html

Hard to read the translation but are they trying to run a two car team possibly with Janne Tuohino ore Stohl, going to be very valuable for Mikkelsen to have Marcus as a mentor.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

noel157
5th December 2007, 20:52
markko has not been confirmed as a test driver. i think alot of the relates to an article in last weeks autosport in england, as i read it at rally gb. He said he would like to be a test driver, but the decision is still with subaru. i suppose any decision would relate to how well markkos setup was recieved by the drivers at rally gb

Kris Meeke's "interview" with Prodrive:-

http://www.irelandssaturdaynight.co.uk/the-buzz/article3221481.ece

alleskids
5th December 2007, 21:31
Andreas' fatherSteiner asked Marcus to become the mentor of Andreas Mikkelsen. After the Rally Ireland Marcus took up the challange, he drove toghether with Andreas in Ramsport's 2006 Focus WRC, and gave Andreas tips and advices. Marcus wil not go to the ralliies, it will be a kind of desk job so to speak :) . Ramsports wants to become a MT team, but then they need a second driver, and a driver for Greece and Turkey, the rounds that Andreas will skipp, due too other appointments.

Marcus will also play a part in the BP Abu Dhabi Ford team. That's what I make out of the article.

Brother John
12th December 2007, 12:43
Suzuki will announce next friday,december 14th, it´s drivers line-up for next year wrc.

source; http://www.wrc.com/page/News/BreakingNewsDetail/0,,10111~1188783,00.html

swordsman
12th December 2007, 14:14
Actually, I've heard that PG will be driving full season with Suzuki. Don't know if it's true - but actually I seriously think so. However, it's a big turn from previous rumours. I guess Tajima can't get anyone to pay - PG most certainly doesn't :)

SubaruNorway
12th December 2007, 16:11
Pg is doing a small rally in Norway on the 29th of december in a A8 not anounced what car yet but most likely the 02 Focus

SubaruNorway
15th December 2007, 21:27
Conrand Rautenbach will most likely do the first round in the norwegian championship in a impreza N4 http://www.norsk-rally.com/modules/module_123/proxy.aspx?D=2&C=2&I=5080
http://www.mrally.no/

SubaruNorway
15th December 2007, 22:02
Pastrana won't do full PWRC http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wrc/news/158162-0/pwrc_pastrana_its_not_quite_gone_to_plan.html

Josti
17th December 2007, 10:28
I heared Petter say that Subaru will do the first 4 events in 2008 with the '07 Impreza and then switch to the '08 version. Just for confirmation, this is the whole new lined Impreza right?

koko0703
17th December 2007, 11:10
I heared Petter say that Subaru will do the first 4 events in 2008 with the '07 Impreza and then switch to the '08 version. Just for confirmation, this is the whole new lined Impreza right?

Considering there isn't even news of Subaru testing new rally car, I don't think it is impossible for SWRT to use a new car in Monte. Beside I read somewhere their new car won't come out til Finland.

GigiGalliNo1
17th December 2007, 12:39
This is new:

http://www.gigigalli.com/

Castrol R
17th December 2007, 12:45
During Wales RallyGB the rally fans at the service park had the opportunity of seeing the introduction of rallying on Water with the specially designed Viper Craft. Not sure if this is a new motorsport in its infancy but it looked liked it captured the interest of David Richards.

Did any one else get a chance to see the boats in action and if so have you any pics.

Tom206wrc
17th December 2007, 14:05
What about the rumour of Manfred Stohl driving a Ford Focus on WRC08 ??? :confused:

Frozzy
17th December 2007, 14:35
i wouldn't mind seeing Mark higgins getting the second seat at stobart for next season but probably won't happen at any rate ;(

sniffmydiff
17th December 2007, 14:39
Are rumours about hyundai 'returning' in 2009 just rumours or they want to take part in wrc?

from a very good source was told meeke and donnelly are to sit for Hyundai but only doing selected rounds. the sponsor is still not settled. talks of bus eireann backing them but unsure on this. the rest is deffo.

Buzz Lightyear
17th December 2007, 15:25
from a very good source was told meeke and donnelly are to sit for Hyundai but only doing selected rounds. the sponsor is still not settled. talks of bus eireann backing them but unsure on this. the rest is deffo.

are you on drugs??

SubaruNorway
17th December 2007, 17:40

Ya heard him say that to on ROC, but only maybe though, Weren't Petter supposed to test the car two weeks after Wales Rally GB?

Helstar
17th December 2007, 21:49
This is new:

Sounds like big news is incoming... I hope...

ste898
17th December 2007, 22:29
Its about time Mark Higgins got a decent drive with Stobarts

Roy
17th December 2007, 22:54
Its about time Mark Higgins got a decent drive with Stobarts

Mark? I hope for Wilks or Bettega. How old is Mark Higgins?

Motorsportfun
18th December 2007, 07:32

Bettega is working with his team (Scuderia TRT) and some sponsors to do 6 or 7 events with a Ramsport-run Ford Focus06 (source Racingworld.it) :D

pino
18th December 2007, 07:42
Bettega is working with his team (Scuderia TRT) and some sponsors to do 6 or 7 events with a Ramsport-run Ford Focus06 (source Racingworld.it) :D

Great news, grazie :up:

Josti
18th December 2007, 07:53

Great, very great!

Yes, SUBARUNORWAY1, I heared Petter say that on the RoC. Pretty up to date at least.

Wim_Impreza
18th December 2007, 08:23

Mark Higgins is 36 years.

SubaruNorway
19th December 2007, 15:58
PG won't do Romjuls Rally in Norway because he has to do some sponsor work for Suzuki, maybe they should get theire prioreties right. The man hasen't even driven a WRC in the forest.

CABAIO E'LONA
19th December 2007, 16:41

Alessandro Bettega is a good diver...

SubaruNorway
19th December 2007, 17:24
Alessandro Bettega is a good diver...

Ya bet they have some nice clifs to dive off in Italy ;)

Koppomsbo
19th December 2007, 17:41
PG won't do Romjuls Rally in Norway because he has to do some sponsor work for Suzuki, maybe they should get theire prioreties right. The man hasen't even driven a WRC in the forest.

Guess he have driven some in their two day test in france this week

Lalo
19th December 2007, 17:43
There's a piece of news on ewrc.cz that Duval will drive in Monte-Carlo with a Focus 07 from Stobart! Great news for Francois.

Viking
19th December 2007, 17:54
Andreas Mikkelsen 2008

http://www.wrc.com/page/News/BreakingNewsDetail/0,,10111~1194029,00.html

7-9 rounds WRC + Irish Tarmac Championship.

alleskids
19th December 2007, 17:58
There's a piece of news on ewrc.cz that Duval will drive in Monte-Carlo with a Focus 07 from Stobart! Great news for Francois.

He has gottena X-mas gift from Vergokan, the same sponsor that was behind Pieter Tsjoen for many years. He will drive a 2007 spec Focus WRC. There is a possibilty for more WRC rallies.

Brother John
19th December 2007, 18:20
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1728/monte114et8.jpg

Josti
19th December 2007, 18:37
Great for Francois, Eddy Chevaillier is a very good codriver too :up:

noel157
19th December 2007, 18:47
Andreas Mikkelsen 2008

Any news on Ramsport becoming an M2 entrant? Team mate?

alleskids
19th December 2007, 18:53
If Guy Wilks had the money to buy himself into a parttime drive with Suzuki, then he should soon be back at the Ramsport team were he drove a Focus WRC last year. With a couple of other drivers (Mikkelsen, Wilks, Bettega) Ramsport could make it to a 10 round/2 car MT.

SubaruNorway
19th December 2007, 19:44
Andreas Mikkelsen 2008

And Norwegian Rally Championship

ITC55
19th December 2007, 19:54
Great news for Mikkelsen, i think he must be the current favorite to win the Irish championship if he is doing all of the rounds (Miggins, Donnelly or Meeke havn't announced anything yet)
he should be interesting on the Norwegian champ too, Subarunorway, is he nearly finished school? because all of this driving is taking up a huge amount of time

Simmi
19th December 2007, 20:01
I think it is admirable he is still bothering with school. It would appear his future lies in rallying regardless of exams.

ITC55
19th December 2007, 20:06
I think it is admirable he is still bothering with school. It would appear his future lies in rallying regardless of exams.

yeah, i can't imagine he has anything left to learn that he hasn't learned off his family business, travelling around the world and meeting new people, very admirable that he has the dedication to finish school, must be a few flights involved too!

ste898
19th December 2007, 20:55
Anymore news on Galli in a Stobart Focus, hope Duval has'nt taken his seat!!!

Glee
19th December 2007, 21:08

If you look here:
http://www.andreasmikkelsen.com/wip4/

and see the logo to NTG.
That is "Norsk Toppidrets Gymnas", or in english: The Norwegian College of Elite Sport

His major is Rally...

Corny
19th December 2007, 21:11

Maybe Gigi will do the gravel events, and Francois the tarmac ones? Would be a great:d

ste898
19th December 2007, 22:09
Maybe Gigi will do the gravel events, and Francois the tarmac ones? Would be a great:d

Yeh that would be a great team.......

pejda
19th December 2007, 22:26
When Gigi will do gravel events and Francois tarmac, who will start in Sweden? :-)

pucky54
19th December 2007, 22:33
Gigi is fast on tarmac too, they should give him a full time job

cut the b.s.
19th December 2007, 22:38
Gigi is fast on tarmac too, they should give him a full time job

They wont 'give' anyone the job, someone will buy the seat, would be great to see Duval and Gigi both getting out on more WRC events

GigiGalliNo1
20th December 2007, 05:36

News will be just after Christmas ;)

pino
20th December 2007, 05:40
When Gigi will do gravel events and Francois tarmac, who will start in Sweden? :-)

If Stobart sign Gigi, he will be in Sweden, no doubt about it. Very soon we will know that... meanwhile I cross my fingers :D

Helstar
20th December 2007, 06:18
For sure something is going on because the site is "coming soon" ...

Would be fantastic xD

VodkaKick3
20th December 2007, 14:00
i heard it was going to be confirmed today that galli was doing all 16 rounds in a stobart focus

Roy
20th December 2007, 14:11
i heard it was going to be confirmed today that galli was doing all 16 rounds in a stobart focus

In which championship are 16 rounds? :rolleyes:

Tom206wrc
20th December 2007, 14:12
It really looks like there will be even more Focus next year then :mark:

Roy
20th December 2007, 14:21

WRC is in 2008 FRC (Focus Rally Championship)

Why Gigi to Stobart? No Henning, is he go Munchi's? Why?

MikeD
20th December 2007, 14:23

...and that's a very good thing. Without Ford, this sport would be in serious problems right now. It's the only manufacturer who provides several competitive cars and several car for privateers.

As much as I support Citroen, I will always have a weak spot for the blue oval!

MikeD
20th December 2007, 14:28
WRC is in 2008 FRC (Focus Rally Championship)

Why Gigi to Stobart? No Henning, is he go Munchi's? Why?

I think it's because Munchi's only wants to support one car in 2008. 11 rounds for Villagra and 4 rounds for Perez Companc. So the team needs a driver will a full budget for the second car, and since Henning has already secured the budget then he will fit right in. He has his own livery so for him it shouldn't matter if it a "M-Sport Stobart" Ford or a "M-Sport Munchi's" Ford.

But if Galli gets a full season with Stobart, and Duval gets the other seat in some rounds, then where will Matt Wilson go? I thought the team said he was now so experienced that they would use him to score manufacturer 2 points again?

turves
20th December 2007, 14:34
From Crash.net

http://rally.racing-live.com/wrc/en/headlines/news/detail/071220144902.shtml

Apologies, just back-read that this is old news... Good to see Dudu back though. He could upset the applecart in Monte...

GigiGalliNo1
20th December 2007, 15:25
So that looks like two Yellow Ford Focus's in 2008 :D

Tom206wrc
20th December 2007, 15:43
What about Urmo Aava ??? Shouldn't he announce his 2008 program this week ??? :confused:

dot-niek
20th December 2007, 17:54
Also Germany and Catalunya for Duval!!!

Raini
20th December 2007, 18:16
What about Urmo Aava ??? Shouldn't he announce his 2008 program this week ??? :confused:

Aava is not competing in Monte probably, there is problem with signing a contract....

Corny
20th December 2007, 18:22
Also Germany and Catalunya for Duval!!!
Germany might get another winner this year, finally :D

c4
20th December 2007, 21:01
Stobart expected to announce plans/drivers tomorrow.

jonas_mcrae
20th December 2007, 21:30
wow Duval in the focus on tarmac is going to be really good to watch! Ford doing a Frequelin type move on Loeb!! LOL

c4
20th December 2007, 22:01
Heard a rumour on another forum that Galli will be sponsored by a new title TVsponsor.

Zes
21st December 2007, 06:39
I hope that Duval has now a trustworthy sponsor. It wouldn't be first time if Dudu loses his seat because of money problems. Anyway, it looks like many good drivers seems to get their deserved seats this year Duval, Garde, Galli...

Brother John
21st December 2007, 06:59
Duval has the best sponsor for rally in Belgium at the moment, Vergokan. Same sponsor as for Loix in IRC.
That men want to work on Duval´s future.
He told that this is Duval´s last chance in wrc, he want to see him in 2009 in a factory team. After 3 rallys he will buy a 07 Focus. He still owns the focus 05 where Tsjoen was driving with + the Punto S2000 and the new Peugeot S2000 for Loix. Great men for the rally sport in Belgium.

Tom206wrc
21st December 2007, 07:51
Aava is not competing in Monte probably, there is problem with signing a contract....

Problems signing a contract with what team ??? :confused:

Raini
21st December 2007, 08:02
Problems signing a contract with what team ??? :confused:

Actually Aava's manager's said:

"We and the Team are waiting for specific confirmation from FIA , that's the reason of delaying announcement of decision."

I think , the team (what team, is not said also, but rumours are Citroen) is ready for Aava, but ...the problem is in confirmation of FIA in some unknown reason?!!!

Tom206wrc
21st December 2007, 08:38
Yep I don't understand why Mosley and his men would have something to say in Aava's plans for 2008... :rolleyes:

Tom206wrc
21st December 2007, 08:39
By the way, at what time Stobart team make an announcement today ??? :confused:

turves
21st December 2007, 09:14
Yep I don't understand why Mosley and his men would have something to say in Aava's plans for 2008... :rolleyes:

Could it be to do with a licence?

J.Lindstroem
21st December 2007, 09:41
Could it have something to do with fireproof underwear?

pino
21st December 2007, 10:08
Gigi will enter Montecarlo on Stobart Focus :D

http://www.italiaracing.net/news.asp?id=1289&nome=RALLY&cart=RALLY

GigiGalliNo1
21st December 2007, 10:10
haha I KNEW IT!! :D :D

GigiGalliNo1
21st December 2007, 10:11
Pino! I should give you a hug! haha

Now I knew it! Gigi had invited me to Monte!!! But I always new about the drive! :p

Finni
21st December 2007, 10:17
This is getting really interesting. I have always thought that Galli could have potential to do it to the sharpest top. Interesting to see how Duval and Galli will do on asphalt. At the moment I am bit unsure if Focus if fully at the level of C4 on tarmac but we can be much wiser if Gigi and Dudu will do asphalt races with that car. With Gigi and Dudu back with Focus Monte certainly looks exciting.

Tom206wrc
21st December 2007, 11:18
Gigi will enter Montecarlo on Stobart Focus :D

http://www.italiaracing.net/news.asp?id=1289&nome=RALLY&cart=RALLY

Absolute great news for him :up:

General Prim
21st December 2007, 11:21
All Wrc!!!!

A.F.F.
21st December 2007, 11:40
Galli :hot:

Leon
21st December 2007, 11:57
Pino! I should give you a hug! haha

Now I knew it! Gigi had invited me to Monte!!! But I always new about the drive! :p

thanks for sharing the news with your fellow forumers

Maui J.
21st December 2007, 12:13
Great to see Gigi and Francois back. Monte 08 looks very interesting. Here's hoping for a possible upset victory.

So does this mean no room for Henning in Stobart team?
Does he go to Munchis?
Wilson in the 3rd Stobart car?

Zes
21st December 2007, 12:36
Great to see Gigi and Francois back. Monte 08 looks very interesting. Here's hoping for a possible upset victory.

So does this mean no room for Henning in Stobart team?
Does he go to Munchis?
Wilson in the 3rd Stobart car?

No. Gigi and Henning will drive all events. Gigi is nominated for points in all events, the second nominated driver will be decided case by case. Duval is nominated for Monte and most likely to all other tarmac events.

Daniel
21st December 2007, 12:42
Well good news for Gigi and most of all Pino :p

I honestly don't see much coming of this but if it makes forum people happy and we can continue the Gigi argument thread then it's all good :p but at least next year we'll be able to say once and for all whether Gigi is the driver people say he is. Proper car and proper team :)

Pino. Could you have asked for a better Christmas present? :)

Josti
21st December 2007, 13:12
I think I'd rather support the Stobart Team then the official BP outfit :p :

Great news for Galli and especially his fans. Monte sets to be a very interesting rally with both Duval and Gigi as possible podium finishers.

Daniel
21st December 2007, 13:15
I think I'd rather support the Stobart Team then the official BP outfit :p :

Great news for Galli and especially his fans. Monte sets to be a very interesting rally with both Duval and Gigi as possible podium finishers.
I'll be honest and say there's little chance that Gigi will be on the podium for the Monte unless he's been involved in testing those new Pirelli's ;) Duval and Loeb are 1000% guaranteed to be on the podium barring mechanical failure or driving error. I think Mikko will be up there too with JML not far behind.

MikeD
21st December 2007, 13:36
1.) Anybody have any news regarding Stohl and his possible seat at Ramsport?

2.) And what about Red Bull? - I actually thought they would get back in the A8 group at some time, but will they just keep supporting Aigner and the useless BRR team?

White Sauron
21st December 2007, 13:58
Can we see Stobart finishing the season ahead of BP-Ford?))

Daniel
21st December 2007, 14:02
In regards to repair bills? Yes definitely.

sal
21st December 2007, 14:05
In regards to repair bills? Yes definitely.

Guess the order for spare shells has already hit the workshop!

DonJippo
21st December 2007, 16:48

No

BeerBro
21st December 2007, 16:49
anyone know why the WRC coverage never interview the Stobart principal director? or any managers from their team?

White Sauron
21st December 2007, 17:01
anyone know why the WRC coverage never interview the Stobart principal director? or any managers from their team?

Maybe because when they ask Ford's principal Malcolm WIlson, he also mentions of Stobart's achievements, the team director of which he also is...

ARF
21st December 2007, 17:02
Because Stobart is run by the same people as BP Ford. The same M-Sport principals - Wilson, Loriaux etc.

GigiGalliNo1
21st December 2007, 17:29
Well good news for Gigi and most of all Pino :p

And mee!!

Micke_VOC
21st December 2007, 18:16
i think wrc 2008 gonna be fun to watch... maybe the best from spectators view of last three years...

BeerBro
21st December 2007, 18:28
Because Stobart is run by the same people as BP Ford. The same M-Sport principals - Wilson, Loriaux etc.

thanks for the info :)

Finni
21st December 2007, 18:42
I'll be honest and say there's little chance that Gigi will be on the podium for the Monte unless he's been involved in testing those new Pirelli's ;) Duval and Loeb are 1000% guaranteed to be on the podium barring mechanical failure or driving error. I think Mikko will be up there too with JML not far behind.

Weird, no mention about Sordo. I think Sordo is favourite over Duval not to mention Mikko or Jari-Matti.

Simmi
21st December 2007, 19:44
Weird, no mention about Sordo. I think Sordo is favourite over Duval not to mention Mikko or Jari-Matti.

I'd say Sordo will be pushing for the win with Seb on the Monte. I wonder if 2008 will see Dani take his first victory?

A.F.F.
21st December 2007, 20:36
If Monte is not dry, it means experience is what rules the most.

No way in that situation Sordo is threat to Loeb.

Simmi
21st December 2007, 20:47
If Monte is not dry, it means experience is what rules the most.

No way in that situation Sordo is threat to Loeb.

Good point. If conditions were the same as this year I'd like to think Dani has a chance. Saying that even Loeb dropped it in 2006 so we'll see.

SubaruNorway
21st December 2007, 22:15
Pons droped by Subaru
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wrc/news/158294-0/pons_to_be_dropped_by_subaru.html

SubaruNorway
21st December 2007, 22:31
Interesting interview with Loriaux on S2000 and the future of rallying
http://www.crash.net/radioplayer/radioPlayer~radioURL~4043.wma.htm

Brother John
21st December 2007, 22:36
Pons droped by Subaru
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wrc/news/158294-0/pons_to_be_dropped_by_subaru.html

I think Subaru/Prodrive has a better deal or is more intrested with Ostberg Team Norway! :s mokin:

SubaruNorway
21st December 2007, 22:48
I think Subaru/Prodrive has a better deal or is more intrested with Ostberg Team Norway! :s mokin:

No, they were offered to drive in the B-team with Pons but thanked no because they will be able to do lot more testing running by them selfs but still with Prodrive support on wrc events.

pucky54
21st December 2007, 22:55

Yes, there are drivers who learn, and there are drivers who never learn.

Østberg belongs to the first group. I remember his first tarmac event in a WRC last Year. He rolled the car two or three times and finished 4th. He came back to the event this year and won it. (His second tarmac outing).

Pons I think belongs to the second group who never learn. I can't remember a run with the Subaru this year where he not crashed the car....do you?

So thats what I think. Give Mads the chance to get to the top....

Tom206wrc
21st December 2007, 23:14
Therefore Pons showed some pace in the Kronos Xsara last year :confused:

alleskids
21st December 2007, 23:42
Maybe Pons is more comfortable in the Citroen Xsara WRC, were Stohl and Henning Solberg are more comfortable with the Peugeot 307 WRC, as they all 3 got good results with these specific cars, were they are not doing well with better/more modern WRCars.

Maui J.
22nd December 2007, 04:03
No, they were offered to drive in the B-team with Pons but thanked no because they will be able to do lot more testing running by them selfs but still with Prodrive support on wrc events.

Any idea what events Mads is intending to do in 2008?

Also from a Norwegian point of view, who do you believe is the better, Mads or Andreas? I know very little about these guys, and haven't really been keeping tabs on their results.

koko0703
22nd December 2007, 06:59
If Pons is out of SWRT, it must be financial problem 'cuz the only reason he's there is his money in the first place. If Subaru is trying to build their future, Mad Ostberg or other young ones (Aava, Wilks, etc.) would be much more worthy than Pons.

GigiGalliNo1
22nd December 2007, 07:28
maybe doing a 50/50 style seat with Atkinson and someone else?

I don't see Atkinson with any more potential then what he has now.. same with Wilson. But thats my opinion and I can surely see someone else in Atkin's shoes for next year..

Daniel
22nd December 2007, 07:55
It's not Chris' fault. It's the car. Anyone who thinks Gigi has talent should think Chris is a driving god. Such is the gulf of talent between them.

Helstar
22nd December 2007, 09:14
It's not Chris' fault. It's the car. Anyone who thinks Gigi has talent should think Chris is a driving god. Such is the gulf of talent between them.
Bad comparison... Atko is very talented and I really admire him, but Gigi got NO less. They're very close I think ... sometimes Gigi better (snow, Finland...) sometimes Atko (certain gravel rallies like Australia etc), there is not huge gap of talent between them as you say.

And anyway, now it seems Chris crashes a lot more :p
But we'll see in 2008 ... Oh let me guess, if Gigi will make less errors it is surely because he has a Focus 07 under his b*tt while Atko that crappy undrivable Subbie uh :> ? Reminds me of Gigi's Mitsu time... but now things have turned in a bad way for ya :p

Brother John
22nd December 2007, 09:25

Exactly what I mean, it is better to suport a private team than someone who only makes scraps! It is cheaper for prodrive when a private team does their tests!

SubaruNorway
22nd December 2007, 09:34
Any idea what events Mads is intending to do in 2008?

Also from a Norwegian point of view, who do you believe is the better, Mads or Andreas? I know very little about these guys, and haven't really been keeping tabs on their results.

8 european events on all surfaces i understand, in a S12B and norwegian championship in a S10.

From my point of view Mads is better, very consistent wining all 7 rounds in Norway. No ones done that since Henning From what i remember he was infront of Andreas in the final round on tarmac before Mikkelsen went off on some gravel. But then again Andreas is like a year behind Mads drivingvise and he has only done one event on snow exept the one on tarmac were he retired on ss2. So it's going to be very interesting to see the results next year when they are both doing the whole championship.

They both have news in english
http://www.madsostberg.no/index.php?open_menu=24&page=nyheter&id=26&open_menu=23
http://www.andreasmikkelsen.com/wip4/

Here's the tarmac event they both drove Mads first and Andreas second on the road.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6c50ed59-ed4a-43f9-a902-99a40165ea8e.htm

VFTS
22nd December 2007, 10:31
Its not for sure that Andreas will do he whole norwegian championship. They will do the first winter rallies, and then they will decide if they continue the season in Norway.

bennizw
22nd December 2007, 11:08
Andreas isn't a year behind Mads when it comes to WRC driving no. He started testing the 02 Focus in December 2005, and that's around the same time Mads became 18 and drove Leipzig rally. So basically they are equal from the start, wheres Mikkelsen has done a lot more testing since. Mads had done some teenager rallies in a Volvo 740 in Sweden a year and a half before turning 18, but experience from a WRC seems alike.

Daniel
22nd December 2007, 11:16
Bad comparison... Atko is very talented and I really admire him, but Gigi got NO less. They're very close I think ... sometimes Gigi better (snow, Finland...) sometimes Atko (certain gravel rallies like Australia etc), there is not huge gap of talent between them as you say.

And anyway, now it seems Chris crashes a lot more :p
But we'll see in 2008 ... Oh let me guess, if Gigi will make less errors it is surely because he has a Focus 07 under his b*tt while Atko that crappy undrivable Subbie uh :> ? Reminds me of Gigi's Mitsu time... but now things have turned in a bad way for ya :p
Thing is you can't crash when you don't have a drive ;)

SubaruNorway
22nd December 2007, 11:45
According to swedish media FIA has anounced that S2000 and N4 will take over from 2011, what tuning measures that will be taken on the S2000 will be concluded in march, it's not expected to include using a turbocharger.

http://www.bilsportborsen.se/news.php?id=1586

Helstar
22nd December 2007, 21:02
Thing is you can't crash when you don't have a drive ;)
We will see in 2008 smarta$$ ;)

DonJippo
22nd December 2007, 21:27
Interesting interview with Loriaux on S2000 and the future of rallying
http://www.crash.net/radioplayer/radioPlayer~radioURL~4043.wma.htm (http://www.crash.net/radioplayer/radioPlayer%7EradioURL%7E4043.wma.htm)

I just hope people in charge are listening what he says...

GigiGalliNo1
23rd December 2007, 11:30

jparker
23rd December 2007, 20:20
I just hope people in charge are listening what he says...
Yes, but people in charge don't work for Ford, so they are not obligated to do what Ford likes and don't like.

DonJippo
23rd December 2007, 21:49
Yes, but people in charge don't work for Ford, so they are not obligated to do what Ford likes and don't like.

Think they are more than you can imagine....

noel157
23rd December 2007, 23:18

I agree DJ, the FIA do listen to the manufacturers a lot more these days. With so little factory involvement they have little choice. A lot has changed since the old days of Balestre etc.

jparker
24th December 2007, 01:16
I agree DJ, the FIA do listen to the manufacturers a lot more these days. With so little factory involvement they have little choice. A lot has changed since the old days of Balestre etc.

Yes, I agree, but there are two types of manufacturers. The current once (who spend tons of money and put Abu Dhaby on their cars), and the once not currently involved. I hope they both ask FIA for the same thinks, then I'll admit I'm wrong.

jparker
24th December 2007, 01:20
Yes, I know what you mean, but then we are going to end up watching Fords only in WRC.
However, I do agree with Loriaux that we can have powerful cars that are not that expensive, but I disagree that S2000 can't be these cars.

Woodeye
3rd January 2008, 20:19
Here's a newsflash for you! There will be no Ouninpohja in this years NORF. Unfortunately there's np link in English but here's the one in Finnish:

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/urheilu/uutinen.asp?id=1471852

Basically the speed is too high and therefore the stage is dropped. It has been decided together with FIA to do so. Hopefully they still wil drive at least some part of the stage. Infact I'm pretty sure they will do so.

MJW
3rd January 2008, 20:28
Here's a newsflash for you! There will be no Ouninpohja in this years NORF. Unfortunately there's np link in English but here's the one in Finnish:

Basically the speed is too high and therefore the stage is dropped. It has been decided together with FIA to do so. Hopefully they still wil drive at least some part of the stage. Infact I'm pretty sure they will do so.
And also no remote service at Jamsa I am told, all service now at Paviljonki.

Helstar
3rd January 2008, 21:53
Oh damn.... we'll miss the usual Galli and Hirvonen huge jumps :\

Buzz Lightyear
3rd January 2008, 23:51

surely finland/fia should have waited till they seen the effect of controlled tyres.. rumours are 4s/km slower? anyone any more information on this.

Mirek
4th January 2008, 00:05
4s/km? That can't be even in a bad dream, gr. N cars would be faster...

L5->R5/CR
4th January 2008, 05:13
]4s/km? That can't be even in a bad dream, gr. N cars would be faster...

Except the group n cars are on the new tires as well.....

4s/km seems to be HUGE though.

Viking
4th January 2008, 08:46
4s/km...No way they are that slow, we would see JWRC cars fighting for rally wins then! 0.4s maybe.

Magnus
4th January 2008, 09:14
I guess they can fix this problem; they have had the same problems in Sweden. One possibility is to skip the start or the end; which is fastest. Another is to put a few chicanes or other obstacles or some extra turn inte to woods on a few places.
Since it is a classic, which I regrettably have not had the possibility to see live(summer=boats=bad combo), I think they will/should to what they can.

Mirek
4th January 2008, 10:44
L5->R5/CR: Ok, than private N4 cars would win rallys ;) :D

Viking
4th January 2008, 11:54
]L5->R5/CR: Ok, than private N4 cars would win rallys ;) :D

No all 4wd cars must use Pirellis. This is also making it more ekspensive to enter with a private 4wd car :down:

Mirek
4th January 2008, 12:00
Hmm, stupid... but that changes nothing on the fact that 4 s/km is way too much to be reality. Maybe 0,4 s/km as someone wrote before...

pantealex
4th January 2008, 13:15
JWRC also use Pirelli, only private 2wd cars can use what they want.

MYCROFT4
10th January 2008, 16:21
Taken from the NORF Homepage.
Just confirming what others have been saying.

9.1.2008 16:51

Big Changes in the Pipeline for Neste Oil Rally Finland Route

The Finnish Round of the World Rally Championship, Neste Oil Rally Finland, is the 9th round of the 2008 season. There will be plenty of action on the gravel roads of Central Finland in the late July - early August when, in addition to the WRC aces, drivers of both the Junior World Rally Championship (J-WRC) and Production Car World Rally Championship (P-WRC) will compete for glory in the legendary "Grand Prix on Gravel".

- We are happy that Finland is included in all three calendars - and our event is the only one this season. A single WRC round can not get more exciting and interesting than this. We can offer the Finnish fans more rally action than ever before, says Jarmo Mahonen, the Managing Director of the rally organiser AKK Sports Ltd, with a pleased smile.

- Naturally, this had an immediate effect on the Neste Oil Rally Finland route "jigsaw puzzle". This year the durability of the roads is a main factor that needs to be taken into consideration when planning the route, Mahonen continues.

Thus, there will be big changes to the rally route. The number of special stages will remain roughly the same as last year, but approximately half of the route itself will again be new. The special stage distance will be approximately 350 kilometres.

- The route can not be published in more detail as of yet - not before all the permits are in order. However, we already know that the most demanding stage in the world, Ouninpohja, will not be driven in 2008, Mahonen says.

The reason for dropping this legendary stage from the route is its speed.

- The matter was discussed with the FIA already last year, and at the time we were able to keep Ouninpohja as a part of our route. This year we have to leave it out for safety reasons, continues Mahonen.

The service park will again be located at the Jyväskylä Paviljonki, and all the services during the rally will take place there.

The route of Neste Oil Rally Finland will be published in March.

DonJippo
10th January 2008, 17:42
This is also making it more ekspensive to enter with a private 4wd car :down:

It is? Is this a quess or do you know this for sure?

Tom206wrc
10th January 2008, 17:47
It's just a rumour for now, but Jean-Marie Cuoq would run 5 WRC rounds this year with his whale(Monte-Carlo included) ;)

Viking
10th January 2008, 18:54
It is? Is this a quess or do you know this for sure?

Well you cant use your own tyre-supplier/sponsor, you have to "buy" every one from Pirelli at 320Euro/tyre. Used tyres still belongs to Pirelli so you cant use them for testing nor sell them on secondhand.

c4
10th January 2008, 20:19
Dave Richards concentrating on WRC and abandons F1 for now

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64623
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64620

MJW
10th January 2008, 20:47
Dave Richards concentrating on WRC and abandons F1 for now

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64623
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64620
And some really encouraging comments from Frequelin's replacement (Quesellain or something) about how cloverleaf routes and central service park has not worked and how rallying needs to re-look at these things. Also tv for Monte will include Col De Turini and Monaco superspecial.

N
10th January 2008, 21:13
What do you mean with "tv for Monte will include Col De Turini and Monaco superspecial."? Last year, the whole of day 3 coverage was the Monaco SS.

MJW
10th January 2008, 22:26
What do you mean with "tv for Monte will include Col De Turini and Monaco superspecial."? Last year, the whole of day 3 coverage was the Monaco SS.

I think that tv will show Col du Turini and Monaco Superspecial live.

jonkka
11th January 2008, 07:04
And some really encouraging comments from Frequelin's replacement (Quesellain or something) about how cloverleaf routes and central service park has not worked and how rallying needs to re-look at these things.

Any specifics as to how those "have not worked"?

MJW
11th January 2008, 10:35
He said that it was supposed to increase tv exposure, and that it had failed on two accounts in that a) it had not done anything for better TV and b) that it had alienated a lot of the fans. He went on to say that rallying is difficult to cover with TV - source Autosport magazine UK

DonJippo
11th January 2008, 10:59
Well you cant use your own tyre-supplier/sponsor, you have to "buy" every one from Pirelli at 320Euro/tyre. Used tyres still belongs to Pirelli so you cant use them for testing nor sell them on secondhand.

Was not aware that you have to return tyres back to Pirelli after the event. After checking this found out that you can buy tyres for testing but can't use those in events...

About the prices, information I have is a bit different, 240€ gravel and 310€ snow/ice.

ARF
11th January 2008, 14:38
For rallies:
gravel 240, tarmac 240, snow 240, ice 340.
For testing:
gravel 210, tarmac 210, snow 210, ice 310.

Frozzy
14th January 2008, 10:22
Matthew Wilson has teamed up once again with Scott Martin as his co-driver for this Season while Michael Orr wonder if this allow matt to acheive better results or not (Source MotorSport News)

GigiGalliNo1
16th January 2008, 07:27
not sure where i could write or discuss this but there are no mouse in the tires right, and mikko says that a good thing. what about getting rid of the restart rules? when you retire yu retire! unless its one of your fav drivers haha :p

eppel
16th January 2008, 09:01
I have heard that Suzuki SX4 WRC-project is a disaster. There is not enough money, and the car is worser than Hyundai Accent WRC.. When they tested in Sweden three of the mechanics from Japan hadn´t seen the car before and some others where local Swedish mechanics. They are also kicking out all the French people, like Nandan, and replace them with people from Japan.

However, they are developing a S2000-car beside..

GruppoB
16th January 2008, 10:02
I have heard that Suzuki SX4 WRC-project is a disaster. There is not enough money, and the car is worser than Hyundai Accent WRC.. When they tested in Sweden three of the mechanics from Japan hadn´t seen the car before and some others where local Swedish mechanics. They are also kicking out all the French people, like Nandan, and replace them with people from Japan.

Absolutely horrible if true...

Frozzy
16th January 2008, 10:04

their writing off their challanger already? (0_o) if thats true suzuki mustn't have very much faith in the team or drivers to get good results then