PDA

View Full Version : Austrian goat

gm99
21st June 2015, 16:00
McLaren - this team seems to be getting worse rather than better.

Shout-out to Hamilton as well - not a great start and a totally unnecessary penalty for crossing the line at the pit exit. Not one of his better races...

steveaki13
21st June 2015, 16:33
Mclaren - Bad luck for Alonso, but Button's car conking out after a few laps. Wow they are rubbish now a days.

Hamilton - Silly error, penalty deserved, but from a purely selfish point of view ruined any tension for a battle.

steveaki13
21st June 2015, 16:38
Also Kimi if he did just loose the car on his own. Silly error to ruin his weekend completely.

steveaki13
21st June 2015, 16:43
Berger also :p

Swearing on the podium when he should be controlling the drivers :D plus forgetting who Nico was.

dj_bytedisaster
21st June 2015, 17:03
Kimi. That's the second time in a row he's been driving completely inept.

longisland
21st June 2015, 17:04
Mclaren. This cars reminds me of MP4/18. Let's hope they can turn the next season around like the 4/18B did.

Mia 01
21st June 2015, 19:19
Alonso! Thers no excuse ruin Another drivers race.

A FONDO
21st June 2015, 19:32
MCLaren - getting worse and worse

N4D13
21st June 2015, 20:10
Ferrari themselves have admitted that the crash was either the car or Kimi's fault, not Alonso's.

donKey jote
21st June 2015, 22:53

Kimi for exactly the same reason :andrea:

And for sucking badly. The sooner he get's the (second) kick, the better for Ferrari :p

And McLaren and Ham and possibly Verstappen for brake testing Maldonado :bandit:

Rollo
22nd June 2015, 02:48
Bernie Eccleston:

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/bernie-ecclestone-f1-crap-product-062015
"I was talking to some engineers the other day and I told them that I was always pretty good at selling used cars, and I still am," Ecclestone, 84, is quoted in an interview published in French by the AFP news agency.
"But I told them they have given me a crap product to sell," he insisted
- Fox Sports, 20th Jun 2015

No Bernie, you've enforced a crap product on them.

Don't complain about the quality of racing when you send F1 away from countries that have 60 years of tradition behind them. Don't complain about the quality of racing when the rules lock in advantage forever. Don't complain about the quality of racing when you try to extract millions of dollarpounds from everyone.

Seems to me that the only common component of the is the greed of Bernie Eccleston.

Perhaps F1 could spend some development tokens and upgrade him to a Boris Johnson.

N. Jones
22nd June 2015, 03:13
Hmmm..... I can't think of anyone. Most who were bad have been bad all season.

kfzmeister
22nd June 2015, 05:20
Clearly Kimi. Track with def lack of grip (see Merc on Sat), starting with the harder compound, coming out of a corner again and losing it with too much accel. I'm glad they didn't try that mapping excuse again.

Storm
22nd June 2015, 08:51
I did not see the first lap incident so Hamilton for me....that error on the pit lane exit was a rookie mistake, ruined any chance of any possible battle for P1 in the last stint.

Hawkmoon
22nd June 2015, 09:22
Raikkonen.
The right rear wheel nut on Vettel's car.
McLaren.

Big Ben
22nd June 2015, 13:26
McLaren. Not only they're not improving, they seem to be getting worse. They can't even use races for testing. It's interesting... I haven't seen such a flop since that team with the stupid earth livery.

greencroft
22nd June 2015, 14:38
McLaren. Not only they're not improving, they seem to be getting worse. They can't even use races for testing. It's interesting... I haven't seen such a flop since that team with the stupid earth livery.

To be fair, McLaren's time with the Peugeot engine project wasn't much better - "the engine was generally regarded as a "hand grenade" due to frequent failures in testing, qualifying and races" - sounds familiar!

Big Ben
22nd June 2015, 14:43
To be fair, McLaren's time with the Peugeot engine project wasn't much better - "the engine was generally regarded as a "hand grenade" due to frequent failures in testing, qualifying and races" - sounds familiar!

I only started following F1 in 1996, so that was a little before my time.

The Black Knight
22nd June 2015, 20:16
Cannot look past Kimi for this one. What an amateur! Time for the man to retire - the game is up for him and, after today, he is all out of excuses - big time!

He hasn't been the same driver for nearly 9 years now. Go home Kimi!

Rollo
23rd June 2015, 01:35

"that team with the stupid earth livery" actually got better once they ditched their engine supplier...

There's so much hillariousness with that statement.

That team went from 8th and 9th to World Drivers and Constructors Champions two years later. They currently lead both the World Drivers and Constructors Championships this year; having won it last year. Their engines are excellent.

I suspect that the MP4-30 chassis is probably all right. The common component with the "that team with the stupid earth livery" and the MP4-30 is their engine supplier.

kfzmeister
23rd June 2015, 05:07

In Austria, they had major aero upgrades on ALO's car, including a new front nose. ALO was quoted as saying that they were working very well and definitely improved downforce on the car, an issue sofar.

ALO did have a lightning start and moved from 19-14 in two corners, and more than likely would have snagged RAI as well. Too bad we didn't see him finish the race.

Lets see what happens prior the summer break and in the second half of the season.

Big Ben
23rd June 2015, 08:54
In Austria, they had major aero upgrades on ALO's car, including a new front nose. ALO was quoted as saying that they were working very well and definitely improved downforce on the car, an issue sofar.

ALO did have a lightning start and moved from 19-14 in two corners, and more than likely would have snagged RAI as well. Too bad we didn't see him finish the race.

Lets see what happens prior the summer break and in the second half of the season.

At least he was saved the embarrassment of having to save fuel form lap 10 and being overtaken left and right by everybody. I have lost hope for that engine. It seems to be really bad. How can it be so slow and and so unreliable at the same time? Honda failed miserably.Again!

Bagwan
23rd June 2015, 18:56
Could Lewis be the goat here ?

He could have sailed off into the distance just like Nico did , by being ahead at the first corner .
But , maybe that was the software ?

And , he might have mounted a challenge near the end had he not crossed the line , giving Nico a cheap victory after the drive-through .
Now that's two cheap ones in a row .

One for sure goof and another likely one makes him the goat , being he was the only other guy that could challenge for the win .

Nico needs to have a quiet word , to tell Lewis to sharpen up , otherwise his trophy for winning the WDC at the end of the year will seem somewhat tarnished by having had Lewis lose it , instead of Nico winning it .

tfp
24th June 2015, 00:40
Does anyone know if Kimi has been penalised for the accident on lap 1?

kfzmeister
24th June 2015, 05:16
Does anyone know if Kimi has been penalised for the accident on lap 1?

No further action, but check out this amateur video of the crash. If anyone tagged RAI (and nobody did!), it was the RED BULL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=29&v=h5peQFW3D-I

journeyman racer
24th June 2015, 05:42
Bernie Eccleston:

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/bernie-ecclestone-f1-crap-product-062015
"I was talking to some engineers the other day and I told them that I was always pretty good at selling used cars, and I still am," Ecclestone, 84, is quoted in an interview published in French by the AFP news agency.
"But I told them they have given me a crap product to sell," he insisted
- Fox Sports, 20th Jun 2015

No Bernie, you've enforced a crap product on them.

Don't complain about the quality of racing when you send F1 away from countries that have 60 years of tradition behind them. Don't complain about the quality of racing when the rules lock in advantage forever. Don't complain about the quality of racing when you try to extract millions of dollarpounds from everyone.

Seems to me that the only common component of the is the greed of Bernie Eccleston.

Perhaps F1 could spend some development tokens and upgrade him to a Boris Johnson.
I didn't no have a goat in mind. But Rollo makes a compelling case.

journeyman racer
24th June 2015, 05:46
Could Lewis be the goat here ?

He could have sailed off into the distance just like Nico did , by being ahead at the first corner .
But , maybe that was the software ?

And , he might have mounted a challenge near the end had he not crossed the line , giving Nico a cheap victory after the drive-through .
Now that's two cheap ones in a row .

One for sure goof and another likely one makes him the goat , being he was the only other guy that could challenge for the win .
No.

Nico needs to have a quiet word , to tell Lewis to sharpen up , otherwise his trophy for winning the WDC at the end of the year will seem somewhat tarnished by having had Lewis lose it , instead of Nico winning it .
In the case of Rosberg. Since he hasn't yet won a WDC, it doesn't matter how he wins it. Win it first, then worry about the supposed "credibilty" from the fans.

journeyman racer
24th June 2015, 05:50
Well done to Maldonardo. It takes a special kind of talent to almost crash on a straight, from your own driving.

Speaking of which. People hanging it on Kimi cos he's an easy target atm.

I'd say Mclaren's time with Peugeot was a fair bit better, than what they're currently experiencing.

Bagwan
24th June 2015, 14:20
No.

In the case of Rosberg. Since he hasn't yet won a WDC, it doesn't matter how he wins it. Win it first, then worry about the supposed "credibilty" from the fans.

Nice detail in your answer there .
Good job .

He was the author of his own demise in Austria .
Pole Merc is going to be winner more times than not this year , so he effectively gave it away .

My last comment was a wee tad tongue in cheek , by the way .

donKey jote
24th June 2015, 19:16
No further action, but check out this amateur video of the crash. If anyone tagged RAI (and nobody did!), it was the RED BULL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=29&v=h5peQFW3D-I
I bet when Mia watches that, Alo will still be the donkey for not letting Kimi drive straight into the wall all on his own ! :p

donKey jote
24th June 2015, 19:20
don't check out that video! ;)

donKey jote
24th June 2015, 19:25
Well done to Maldonardo. It takes a special kind of talent to almost crash on a straight, from your own driving.

Speaking of which. People hanging it on Kimi cos he's an easy target atm.

Hmm, that video definitely showed Kimi in a somewhat maldonadoesque light...
ok it wasn't a straight, rather the exit of a curve, on cold tyres and presumably with special engine mapping for the first lap, but still... Maybe next year we'll hear him exclaiming "exactly like last year" on the radio again?