PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the Race - Spain

steveaki13
10th May 2015, 15:37
Vote for who gets your vote and tell us who else done a good job.

N4D13
10th May 2015, 15:41
Well, Rosberg has had a perfect weekend, so he's the obvious choice. Hamilton also gets an honourable mention for his charge near the end of the race, but the fact is, that wouldn't have been necessary had he done a better start.

Anyway, pretty much everyone in the points has driven a great race. Personally, I'm glad that Sainz is in course for points after such a great qualifying session.

AndyL
10th May 2015, 15:50
Having given Merhi the "donkey" last time, this time I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and make Will Stevens driver of the race for drubbing his team-mate by 40 seconds again.
Ricciardo was pretty good from that point of view too.

truefan72
10th May 2015, 16:02
I guess rosberg

Tazio
10th May 2015, 16:14
A lot of good drives near the front, with the exception of Kimi, he is the only driver in the top 10 that under-performed his car this weekend, although he had a decent race considering where he put his car on the grid. I thought Danny boy had a quiet but effective race! Rogro also rallied from some race issues. Also Pastor was having a good race until the damage to his car!

A FONDO
10th May 2015, 16:19
HAMILTON is clearly the driver of the day. The only one pushing today.

rjbetty
10th May 2015, 16:22
I'll go for Rosberg as he won this fair and square.

Bottas and Hamilton complete my podium, though I wonder how well Ricciardo is doing. Very hard to tell when looking invisible in poor cars.

Zico
10th May 2015, 19:30
Rosberg made it easy for himself by getting pole then staying out in front at first corner so would be my driver of the weekend.... but joint driver of the race only (as per thread title) goes to Bottas and Hamilton. I can only pick one so will give it to Valteri to give him a confidence boost as I know he frequents this forum but uses a different name... in fact scrub that, is Ioan still banned? :D

longisland
10th May 2015, 20:09
My vote goes to the Lotus jackman eventhough he's not a driver. Bottas was cool and calm despite sustaining relentless assault from another iceman. Rosberg got the job done on Saturday & he did it comprehensively.

donKey jote
10th May 2015, 20:26
Having given Merhi the "donkey" last time, this time I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and make Will Stevens driver of the race for drubbing his team-mate by 40 seconds again.
Ricciardo was pretty good from that point of view too.
Merhi always whines on Spanish TV about the team ordering him to let Stevens past... as if that would explain 40 seconds :laugh:

steveaki13
10th May 2015, 22:33
So I gave Driver of the Race to Nico Rosberg - Fine win and comfortable drive.

Other Mentions:

Lewis Hamilton - Decent pace and driving to fight back to second.
Sebastian Vettel - Done all he could, but just not fast enough.
Valterri Bottas - Held off the faster Ferrari for 4th.
Kimi Raikkonen- Great first few laps and good drive on different strategy.
Daniel Ricciardo - Thought he did OK, but a fair way behind the leaders.
Romain Grosjean - Another nice drive for points.

Special mention for Button - for keeping going in that Mclaren with its wheels always spinning

Storm
11th May 2015, 07:22
The guy who left early and reached his home first :D

I guess Rosberg. Definitely a confidence boost for him.

Mia 01
11th May 2015, 08:07
Nico Rosberg

naffnaff
11th May 2015, 23:26
I know they are not drivers, but have got to give some credit to front jackman of both Alonso (for having quick enough reactions to move out of the way) and Grosjean's (for landing his jump) car

The Black Knight
13th May 2015, 09:28
Rosberg gets it today for me. He did everything he needed to in order to get the race win, can't fault him.