PDA

View Full Version : Donkey of the Race - Spain

steveaki13
10th May 2015, 15:33
Vote time

N4D13
10th May 2015, 15:34
You've got to say McLaren for throwing away what would have most likely been their first point finish in the season. However, I think the racing has been quite good today, so there are no true donkeys.

By the way, why did Maldo retire?

veeten
10th May 2015, 15:42
It's McLaren, going away. The car's a dog's dinner, and Alo will let everyone know about it on NO uncertain terms.

truefan72
10th May 2015, 15:53
mercedes pit stop crew that nixed any hope of the vettel undercut

mclaren for producing a crap car, honda engine or not.
Unless there is a significant shakeup in their engineering dept. then they will continue their downwards spiral.
And it all starts with ron dennis and his corporate nature. His management style and corporate philosphy seems to now be detrimental to the team's success

Tazio
10th May 2015, 16:16
Has to be Fred he finished dead last!

A FONDO
10th May 2015, 16:24
McLaren for that piece of crap they hand to respectable drivers.

Vettel for crying like a 3 year old girl for blue flags when being so far behind and not much faster.

dj_bytedisaster
10th May 2015, 16:34
Donkey of the race: All those who blasted Rosberg for not being able to overtake Hamilton at China. The son of god couldn't overtake a Ferrari that was 1.5 secs a lap slower.

Tazio
10th May 2015, 16:52
Donkey of the race: All those who blasted Rosberg for not being able to overtake Hamilton at China. The son of god couldn't overtake a Ferrari that was 1.5 secs a lap slower.
Who were they? I'm guessing maybe TBK, and definitely driveace (he is probably the worst homer on the forum) Truefan maybe, but at least he is mostly rational :p:
Who else?

N. Jones
10th May 2015, 19:03
McLaren-Honda. what a disaster.

dj_bytedisaster
10th May 2015, 19:10
mercedes pit stop crew that nixed any hope of the vettel undercut

He could have just overtaken. Oh, wait...

longisland
10th May 2015, 20:15
Maybe Grosjean for almost killing the jackman.

truefan72
10th May 2015, 20:16
Who were they? I'm guessing maybe TBK, and definitely driveace (he is probably the worst homer on the forum) Truefan maybe, but at least he is mostly rational :p:
Who else?

lol, mostly!

Anyway, leave it to a certain poster to bring complete irrationality into the forum
He has waited 5 races to have his day in the sun, and of course used a befuddled argument to further alienate himself.
although that german 1-2 finish was foiled today lol:)

dj_bytedisaster
10th May 2015, 20:19
lol, mostly!

Anyway, leave it to a certain poster to bring complete irrationality into the forum

What's so irrational about the fact that Lewis failed to overtake? Rosberg was rapped for the same after China. This time it was lewis who couldn't pull it off. And unlike Lewis, Rosberg was up against an identical car, not one that turned out 1.5 secs/lap slower. Face it, he was just outperformed the whole weekend.

truefan72
10th May 2015, 20:21
Maybe Grosjean for almost killing the jackman.

It was a rough race. first he nearly takes out his much faster teammate which lead to his eventual retirement then he nearly cost me the few remaining points for FGP with the pit incident.
I'll have to have an internal conversation with him. It was not a good race with a rapidly improving car that would have finished ahead of Ricciardo's RBR.

That lotus is now the 4th fastest car IMO and both drivers should have finished well into the points.
oh well.

Zico
10th May 2015, 20:35
What's so irrational about the fact that Lewis failed to overtake? Rosberg was rapped for the same after China. This time it was lewis who couldn't pull it off. And unlike Lewis, Rosberg was up against an identical car, not one that turned out 1.5 secs/lap slower. Face it, he was just outperformed the whole weekend.

Merc really need Nico to be closer to Hamilton to maximise the publicity and exposure for marketing reasons. Hammy was obviously sabotaged at the first stop to ensure he didn't pose a threat to Nico. ;)

truefan72
10th May 2015, 20:38
although i don't comment to posters on my ignore list i'll make an exception just this once.

the difference between hamilton and Rosberg is as follows

One driver at least tried to overtake and eventually did, then tried to hunt down the leading car before being finaly told a few laps before the end that it was virtually impossible and that he should consolidate 2nd place. And also suffered a poor pitstop that prohibited him from probably passing earlier and chasing down the leading driver in a track that is very difficult to overtake on.

the other never wanted to overtake and never even considered that option. And at no point ventured anywhere near enough to even attempt an overtake. Going even as far as asking his team to tell the leading car to go faster so he would not fall into the clutches of the "faster" (in his mind) Ferrari behind him. All this on a much easier track to overtake on

I'd rather have a guy trying his best to pass the ferrari in a difficult track, change his strategy, put in a sublime stint, eventually pass him and then chase down the race leader, than one worried about the "slower" ferrari chasing him down to the point where he ask for the leading car to go faster instead of trying to overtake. Nevermind the fact that the leading car is his rival for the WDC.

and who argued that Rosberg did not outperform him this weekend?
Rosberg took pole and had a clean race. which earned him my driver of the race this weekend.
So that wasn't even an issue, except for the one made up in your mind.

anfield5
10th May 2015, 22:00
It was that boring there wasn't one. Maybe F1 itself for going back to Barcelona year upon year, and every year serving up this tedium

N4D13
10th May 2015, 22:07
It was that boring there wasn't one. Maybe F1 itself for going back to Barcelona year upon year, and every year serving up this tedium
I think I am going to add this post to bookmarks and copy and paste it after the Monaco, Hungary and Abu Dhabi races. Not to take anything away from your point, but I think this could be extensible to a few other circuits as well.

COD
10th May 2015, 22:19
Toro Rosso for being able to loose what they had gained in Quali

steveaki13
10th May 2015, 22:24
Toro Rosso for taking such a wacky decision to make them snails along the straights.

Mclaren again.

F1 for such a predictable top 3 and top 6.

truefan72
10th May 2015, 22:44

maybe bring back Valencia. I quite liked that track

truefan72
10th May 2015, 22:55
I forgot to mention an honorable mention to the ferrari race engineers for not covering Hamilton.

Tazio
10th May 2015, 23:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXfeQ3mcugI

:laugh: :angel:

anfield5
11th May 2015, 03:24
I think I am going to add this post to bookmarks and copy and paste it after the Monaco, Hungary and Abu Dhabi races. Not to take anything away from your point, but I think this could be extensible to a few other circuits as well.

You'll get no argument from me :). I will defend Monaco, but as an historical race, not usually as an exciting one - unless it rains, then all bets are off.

anfield5
11th May 2015, 03:30
maybe bring back Valencia. I quite liked that track

What is wrong with Jerez? Sure it is a wee bit twisty, but it was better than Barcelona

Jag_Warrior
11th May 2015, 05:04

I have to agree. McLaren would be my pick too.

Ya know, they could have bought the Caterham designs for a song. I mean, ya know, it would have saved them a boatload of money... for about the same results.

Hey, I'm just sayin'. :smurf:

COD
11th May 2015, 23:07
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXfeQ3mcugI

:laugh: :angel:

:laugh:

The Black Knight
13th May 2015, 09:29
Maldonado gets the standard donkey token.

Mintexmemory
15th May 2015, 11:47
Just back from Barca holidaying post-GP
DotR has to be the McLarens - The engine just sounds like elephants farting continually!!

kfzmeister
16th May 2015, 05:40
I forgot to mention an honorable mention to the ferrari race engineers for not covering Hamilton.

From a race analysis that i read elsewhere, it wouldn't have made a difference.