Qualifying starts: BST 8:00 AM, CET 9:00 AM, local 3:00 PM
Sunday 12 April
Race starts: BST 7:00 AM, CEST 8:00 AM, local 2:00 PM

AndyL
9th April 2015, 19:28
2000 posts! Well that didn't take long.

EMGEE
10th April 2015, 03:58
I'm in California,USA, and have been following F1 live commentary (by Nate Saunders) on ESPN. Suddenly (since Malaysia) the ESPN USA page has changed to the UK version - and Nate's live commentary has disappeared -- or at least I can't find it.

Anybody have a link to find online live commentary in the US?

Storm
10th April 2015, 08:22
Hamilton fastest in FP1
1+ sec faster than Vettel, so it looks like we are back to the usual pecking order...anyways sudden change at the top was always going to be a one-off.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/2015/chinese-grand-prix/results/practice

TheFamousEccles
10th April 2015, 09:31
What are you guys on about? There's no F1 happening. The next race is in Bahrain.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and to prove my point, I am going to run blindfolded into this non-existent brick wall)

Hawkmoon
11th April 2015, 05:52
Looks like Mercedes have some margin over Ferrari so it'll will be difficult for the Scuderia to take it to them in a straight fight. Hopefully the Reds get through qualifying without a mishap and we see who's quicker, Vettel or Raikkonen. Vettel has had the edge so far but Raikkonen has had all the bad luck. For the first time since 2008 it seems Ferrari will have two cars at the front.

rjbetty
11th April 2015, 06:22
I quite fancy a Chinese right now. Haven't had one for 20 years now (can't believe it's really been that long!)

steveaki13
11th April 2015, 11:36
Wow. Mercedes looking pretty mighty here after the blip in Malaysia. A second clear again.

Vettel as ever seems like a clear best of the rest. Williams looking closer here.

Also nice to see Sauber doing so well.

Mclaren still struggling.

zako85
11th April 2015, 22:30
There is nearly a second difference between the slowest Mercedes and the third car on the grid. I just hope the difference will be less in the race trim.

dj_bytedisaster
12th April 2015, 00:17
The Merc Engines were turned down in Malaysia.

Thejudge13: Mercedes turn up engines in Shanghai (http://thejudge13.com/2015/04/11/mercedes-turn-up-the-engines-in-shanghai/)

steveaki13
12th April 2015, 07:15
I wont be watching the race until late tonight. I am off to the First round of the WEC at Silverstone today, so will be driving during the race, and listening on the radio.

Enjoy it guys

jens
12th April 2015, 09:46
So, that's it.
Ferrari gave a good run for Merc' money on soft tyres, but were no match on the mediums.

In the end clear class differences throughout the field. First Mercedes together, then Ferrari, then Williams, then Lotus. Maldonado threw it away again, as standard already.

Good to see Sauber delivering the points this time. Red Bull is a firm midfield team right now at least. McLaren still at the back, bar Manor. The reliability of Renault power unit - not much to say.

Oh, and I agree with Martin Brundle. That Max Verstappen is going to be a star. Seriously, it has been some time I have seen a rookie, who leaves such an impression. Of course often rookies can have some good races here and there (like also Nasr in Australia), but there seems to be something more about Max.

Rollo
12th April 2015, 10:03
Wait, what? There was a ChineseGP?
In free-to-air-tv land, Freddy Flintoff won... or maybe Amber on Neighbours.

Highlights will happen on One at 09:30pm on Monday - a full 28 hours after the race ended. Thanks, Fox Sports.

journeyman racer
12th April 2015, 10:13

Highlights will happen on One at 09:30pm on Monday - a full 28 hours after the race ended. Thanks, Fox Sports.
Overseas people don't know what's on our fta tv. I saw the race at a relative's house. Despite there being no ads, I still flicked back and forth between the race and Hawthorn choking to Essendon.

Ranger
12th April 2015, 10:17

Having watched it at a pub, I wouldn't bother. It was pretty dull.

dj_bytedisaster
12th April 2015, 10:27
Having watched it at a pub, I wouldn't bother. It was pretty dull.

That's quite an insult to the word dull. It was less fun than drowning.

truefan72
12th April 2015, 10:30
so...rosberg gets my donkey of the race.
his comments alone in the post race press conference were flawlessly absurd.
smh

dj_bytedisaster
12th April 2015, 10:41
smh

So saying that Lewis is a dickhead is wrong? I don't think so. because he was. 'Tyre saving' and as soon as Rosberg pits he goes faster by over a second instantly. He didn't want to beat Rosberg, he wanted to humiliate him. And that makes him the biggest douchebag since Nelson Piquet had a go at Mansell's wife.

The sad bit is, he doesn't need to act like that. He's the faster driver, so he doesn't need to revert to douchebaggery like that. He could beat ROS fair and square any time.

The Black Knight
12th April 2015, 10:42
smh

Haha yeah, he did a 43.7 when he was asked. Seems to me as if Lewis has broken Nico. Nico hasn't been a happy chap this weekend. He knows he can't beat Lewis. Moanings of a broken man haha

Mia 01
12th April 2015, 11:31
Kimis start made the race for me, from sixth to fourth in only a couple of corners.

rjbetty
12th April 2015, 11:33
Wow so Lewis is a dickhead now?

And if it was the other way round, we know the feeling would be the same. Nice and consistent. :)

I feel it was the wise and prudent thing for Lewis to race as he did, as he could not have known if the tyres would have gone right off the cliff, especially after Malaysia.

I'm very open to try and understand if anyone disagrees.

rjbetty
12th April 2015, 12:12
Too late to edit previous post now, so.

1.Hamilton - Pretty much 10/10 this wknd yet still he's an evildoer to some! I thought he did get the best result for the team rather than end up like Kimi/Lotus/2012.
2.Rosberg - Apparently he tried a nasty dig at Lewis by saying we will discuss it in debrief - I wouldn't want to look like an idiot. Nico, you have looked like a complete idiot off track all season, with more and more people getting concerned by your weirdness. I thought you said you wanted Ferrari to be closer to you #confused . Just a spiteful and horrible person, I'm really sorry to say. :( (no hate here, just disappointment)
(also Nico did finish 2nd so what's the big deal?)

3.Vettel - Got the result ahead of Kimi in a clean race.
4.Raikkonen - Not his best weekend but good enough job.

5.Massa - Mildly surprising me by outqualifying Bottas 3/3, and being better today.
6.Bottas - Okay but not great. Is his back still bugging him?

7.Grosjean - Hard to tell. That chassis is disappointing imo, now masked by the engine.
8.Nasr - Okay, but I feel 8th owes more to car than driver.

9.Ricciardo - Some people might be dripping with hatred having spent all last season writhing on the floor hoping for bad things to happen to him. Lets stick him in a 3rd Ferrari to see how "average" he really is.
10.Ericsson - Nice to see him in the points again, but he ain't no great sadly.

11.Perez - Beat Hulkenberg, so thumbs up.
12.Alonso - Same as always. Good stuff.

13.Button - Seems to go well at China. Shame he spoiled it with a Magnussen style error!
14.Sainz - What happened here? :/

15 and 16. A 2 car finish for Manor is a big deal for me as a lot of people have said a lot of unkind things about this humble team, which I believe is unfair and unwarranted. Not bad for a dead team. Sorry Bob and Bernie!!

17.Verstappen - Like I said, I always believed in him. Well done me boy.
18.Maldonado - There is a good driver in here somewhere I think. Maybe one day he'll sort of get it together. 3 race collisions in a row and not his fault? Wowza.

19.Kvyat - Inconclusive again. So far, his best result in F1 remains a 9th, but for the doubters, remember Ricciardo's best result around this time last year remained 7th.
20.Hulkenberg - Bit disappointing, Sadly I saw this coming in 2013 so was braced for it. :(

N.B. Lewis has been criticised all his career as not looking after his tyres. Now he looks after his tyres and there is outrage. At least I know that if it had been Rosberg, the condemnation would have been the same. Right? Right?

The Black Knight
12th April 2015, 12:47
2.Rosberg - Apparently he tried a nasty dig at Lewis by saying we will discuss it in debrief - I wouldn't want to look like an idiot. Nico, you have looked like a complete idiot off track all season, with more and more people getting concerned by your weirdness. I thought you said you wanted Ferrari to be closer to you #confused . Just a spiteful and horrible person, I'm really sorry to say. :( (no hate here, just disappointment)
(also Nico did finish 2nd so what's the big deal?)

Well he has tried it all hasn't he? He simply has no answer to Hamilton's blistering pace. He has tried cheating, he's tried mind games but ultimately Hamilton knows that he has the pace on Rosberg on the vast majority of weekends. It's unfortunate because Nico is an amazing driver and, driving perfectly, he has Hamilton's pace in qualifying and in the race, he showed this last year. It has never been more obvious to me than after this race that Hamilton has broken him. Losing the championship couple with 3 races of being hammered has gotten to him. He might come back but, barring reliability or unforeseen events, I can't seem him beating Hammy over the course of a season, particularly with the mindset he has now. Hamilton is under his skin.

journeyman racer
12th April 2015, 13:31
A small thread for this race. Half of the posts are about something Rosberg said afterwards (Which I haven't yet heard or read), that's got sand in the Hamilton fangirls panties. :o

AndyL
12th April 2015, 14:13
I've just listened to the drivers' comments after the race (I went back to bed at 8:45 :)) - very interesting what Nico and Lewis had to say.
Based on the radio messages that were played during the race, I thought at the time that Lewis was just following the target times he was given: they told him to speed up to a 43.7 and his subsequent laps were all 1:43.6 - 1:43.7. Later they told him to speed up to 43.3 and he started doing times under 1:43.3. I was slightly surprised he didn't say in his defence that he was just doing what the team told him. But of course Lewis is quite happy for Nico to think that he is the engineer of all Nico's misfortune.

truefan72
12th April 2015, 17:32
A small thread for this race. Half of the posts are about something Rosberg said afterwards (Which I haven't yet heard or read), that's got sand in the Hamilton fangirls panties. :o

well perhaps you should listen to it , read the statement, then come back with an informed opinion before making a post that sounds like something rosberg would say these days. lol

rjbetty
12th April 2015, 18:05

Hmmm I'm not gonna apologise for not liking Rosberg's antics. It's out of order and needs to be called out! But it is really entertaining too. :D (I can get a bit sensitive cos I've encountered people like this in my life recently, so a bit close to home)

I just like things to be nice and fair, regardless of if a driver is my favourite or not.

Have a good day.

Tazio
12th April 2015, 18:33
For starters, I don't get too wrapped up in what drivers say during a race weekend unless it is absurd. The Boss is faster than Nico, and that is that. It was a rather dull race, and I don't think anyone drove an especially outstanding race. Shame it had to end behind the safety car. Congrat's to the Boss, he already has the championship in his pocket. After all these years I can say objectively without fear of recrimination, that he has finally and thoroughly matured as a racer. I find it very hard not to like the guy in his current iteration.

kfzmeister
12th April 2015, 20:18
.....and I don't think anyone drove an especially outstanding race.

Really? Can't even think of a super young guy today?

My favorite part of the race came towards the end with BUT and MAL. Actually enjoyed the Macca-Lotus sandwich for a few laps. There appears to be some progress.....

In the front, HAM surely was in control from the flag. Watching ROS crumble is sad. Where is is aggressiveness?
Funny watching SEB with a smile on his face during the post race HAM-ROS squabble. Not too long ago it was often him that was in the middle of such things.

I don't think that Ferrari really had a chance for a win here. They looked more competitive, yet HAM really cruised outfront while SEB had to work hard to make any ground. It really became evident towards the end when Merc pulled a 20 second gap.

Storm
12th April 2015, 21:03
Rosberg was broken by Hamilton last year. Unless he has a lot of badluck I can't see him losing the title this year.

steveaki13
12th April 2015, 23:18
Well I am just watching the race back. It was not a classic.

You obviously missed me as this thread only has 4 pages today. :p

N. Jones
13th April 2015, 03:18
If Hamilton was going slow, why didn't Rosberg try to pass him? Is Nico so intimidated by Lewis that he already beaten?

Tazio
13th April 2015, 03:56
.....and I don't think anyone drove an especially outstanding race.
Really? Can't even think of a super young guy today?
Yes Max is a super pilot for his age, and a talent in his own right. But if I didn't give it to The Boss, Seb, or Kimi, I can't give it away in consideration of Max's age, although he had a very good race!

N4D13
13th April 2015, 09:20
If Hamilton was going slow, why didn't Rosberg try to pass him? Is Nico so intimidated by Lewis that he already beaten?
The tyres would have been cooked in two or three laps had he tried that. I hope you don't mind me dodging the second question... :)

andyone
13th April 2015, 14:00
Yes Max is a super pilot for his age, and a talent in his own right. But if I didn't give it to The Boss, Seb, or Kimi, I can't give it away in consideration of Max's age, although he had a very good race!

that is what Alonso thought when Lewis was recruited by McLaren. and he was super right there.. dont underestimate these rookies. they can surprise you

Tazio
13th April 2015, 14:22
that is what Alonso thought when Lewis was recruited by McLaren. and he was super right there.. dont underestimate these rookies. they can surprise youCheers Andy,
I'm not underestimating him. All I was justifying is that I didn't think he deserved driver of the race. But I think you are right in comparing him with Hamilton, He is demonstrating the kind of skill that Mike, and Fred had when they broke into F1 also. It's just really hard for me to ascertain the quality of a particular race as they have become strategic chess matches to a degree.
I really admire the kid who is very likely a future WDC

zako85
13th April 2015, 14:25
If Hamilton was going slow, why didn't Rosberg try to pass him?

Apparently, according to Rosberg, getting close to Hamilton would have destroyed his tires. So what he was apparently asking the team is to make Hamilton lap faster so he could keep a decent gap to third place Vettel. To me the whole issue looks like a PR stunt by frustrated Rosberg who is trying to save face after finishing behind his teammate three races in a row.

Of course, another explanation is that Mercedes cars are so hard on their tires, that they really require to a team-wide coordination effort to preserve them. Ferrari knows this. While Mercedes is the fastest car, I think we will see a few surprising races ahead, just like in Malaysia.

Tazio
13th April 2015, 14:35
What I think Nico was implying by those comments, in a back handed way was; he is a team player, and The Boss is selfish, which is absurd because every driver up, and down the grid are selfish to a degree. They all have to drive their own races, yet be team players at the same time, which Lewis is every bit as much as Nico.

N. Jones
13th April 2015, 22:43
The tyres would have been cooked in two or three laps had he tried that. I hope you don't mind me dodging the second question... :)

Doesn't matter, you race to win, especially early in the season.

journeyman racer
14th April 2015, 01:48
well perhaps you should listen to it , read the statement, then come back with an informed opinion before making a post that sounds like something rosberg would say these days. lol
At the time, I didn't have too. Because I now how precious posters like you and TBK are about Hamilton. But since, I have seen footage of the presser, and the "juicy bits" have been played on sports radio here a couple of times. It just confirmed my original thought. He didn't say anything offensive. He just called Hamilton out and stated an opposite view. An opposite view that can be validated, if not confirmed.

"Fans" like you drag the discussion of F1 down a fair bit.

journeyman racer
14th April 2015, 02:06

Doesn't matter, you race to win, especially early in the season.
Thanks Ayrton. Maybe Rosberg is lacking some confidence. Maybe he feels under siege. After all, after attempting to be aggressive and pass Hamilton at Spa. He got crucified for an innocent misjudgement, even by some in his own team, never mind every butthurt Hamilton fan. Even though he pulled out last split second. It wouldn't matter what he did, clowns will find a reason to **** on him.

Now he's not even attempting to pass, just requesting that Hamilton go quicker. Which is an unusual request for someone in his position. Normally they'd ask the teammate to pull over if they're struggling. Yet, the unnecessarily cynical view is still taken. Have you made a post asking why he'd ask that? Is there some backroom understanding done in MB over how Rosberg an Hamilton will race this season?

Ridiculous.

airshifter
14th April 2015, 02:54
It would seem to me that some clown is whining and crying that some are stating as fact that Hamilton controlled the race and Rosberg whined. I agree that it is ridiculous. If a driver is faster they pass. The driver in front controls the pace they want to run, and has no obligation to move to keep a crying driver behind from getting butt hurt about it.

I think it's comical that you pretend to post without bias, especially in light of your sig line. Anyone not biased against Hamilton will in your view be a fanboi.

Lewis had the better of Nico all weekend long. It's really that easy. If anyone needs a tissue, get over it and quit blaming it on bias. :)

rjbetty
14th April 2015, 04:04
He got crucified for an innocent misjudgement, even by some in his own team, never mind every butthurt Hamilton fan. Even though he pulled out last split second. It wouldn't matter what he did, clowns will find a reason to **** on him.

If you can take that same view were the roles to be reversed, I will take notice. I don't think anyone wants to hate on Nico. We are not dj, and I think most of us who like Hamilton can accept it if he is beaten fairly. Remember TBK was praising Nico and rating him highly during the 2013 pre-season. I always thought highly of Nico's talent too. It's just that, with good reason, I find it hard to trust the guy these days.

Now he's not even attempting to pass, just requesting that Hamilton go quicker. Which is an unusual request for someone in his position. Normally they'd ask the teammate to pull over if they're struggling. Yet, the unnecessarily cynical view is still taken. Have you made a post asking why he'd ask that? Is there some backroom understanding done in MB over how Rosberg an Hamilton will race this season?

Ok but this conspiracy doesn't have a very solid base, imo no more so than Hamilton's slow pitstops last year, or Toto not really congratulating Hamilton, but commiserating with Rosberg for example.

Also, why ca't it just simply be Hamilton is better? Why is it Rosberg is just that good to be beaten over a season without suffering a conspiracy?

Ridiculous.

Yup.

P.S. Did anyone read dj's latest column. It was good and I liked it, but he pretty much said Rosberg is an innocent team player while Hamilton is a sly selfish driver who will do whatever it takes, and who has an arrogant "I am the greatest" mentality and rubs it in! (unlike anyone who sticks their finger up in a "me me me me" kinda way) :/

I wonder which stage of grief dj is in at seeing the hated Hamilton do so well. I think anger still. :P

(Oh I know, I'm being naughty tonight)

Tazio
14th April 2015, 07:05
OK this is starting to get pretty ugly, in a jingoistic sort of way ;)
I fully expect (if The Boss punks Nico again in Bahrain) for the rumors to get legs that their are currently talks with Mercedes, and Fred, the latter exercising his escape clause from McMcLaren, to hammer out a deal that will see him join the Boss at Mercedes (which would be bad news for Mecedes and Lewis because every team Fred moves to turns to Sh^t). I mean Fred did just say he wants to retire at McLaren so that's as good as saying "I'm gone Johnson!" Thus creating a cascade effect bouncing Nico to Ferrari, and Kimi signing with Hollywood Haas :cool:
Yeah, it could happen :idea: :angel:

jens
14th April 2015, 12:34
It is a pity if the main thing to discuss about the race are post-race comments. How bad must the race have been? :p:

henners88
14th April 2015, 12:48
Rosberg wasn't fast enough and wanted to push the attention away. Hopefully he'll come back stronger, leave the comments aside and give Lewis a fight on the racetrack. I think for entertainment value for those watching, we need that.

jens
14th April 2015, 13:48
Hmmm I'm not gonna apologise for not liking Rosberg's antics. It's out of order and needs to be called out! But it is really entertaining too. :D (I can get a bit sensitive cos I've encountered people like this in my life recently, so a bit close to home)

I just like things to be nice and fair, regardless of if a driver is my favourite or not.

Have a good day.

Oh. You have encountered people like Rosberg in your life.:p:

Well, I have encountered all kinds of people. Maybe that's why I don't care any more (about comments and stuff). World is what it is, people are what they are. :)

zako85
14th April 2015, 14:17
For me, one of the highs of the race was the epic battle between the McLarens and Maldonado's Lotus sometimes around lap 48-49 (the idiotic NBC sports channel covered all of it with commercials and some stupid old throwback footage instead of showing the actual race). The way things were going, I was about to start questioning why we rank Alonso higher than Button, but later Button crashed into the back of Maldonado's car. Unusually, Maldonado was actually a victim in this incident. In the end, it's surprising to see how once mighty Lotus is now struggling against the backmarker McLaren, even after switching to the dominant Mercedes engine.

jens
14th April 2015, 15:36
The way things were going, I was about to start questioning why we rank Alonso higher than Button, but later Button crashed into the back of Maldonado's car. Unusually, Maldonado was actually a victim in this incident. In the end, it's surprising to see how once mighty Lotus is now struggling against the backmarker McLaren, even after switching to the dominant Mercedes engine.

I personally started questioning whether Honda is as much down on power as claimed if they could almost compete with Mercedes on a straight line. Or was it down to setup. Because so far there have been claims that McLaren chassis is very good, only let down by engine. But it could be engine is not that horrible, while chassis is also not up to scratch.

airshifter
14th April 2015, 15:46
In all fairness, Grosjean was sitting in a much better position than Pastor, so there may be some promise in the Lotus still. Being how Mercedes, Ferrari, and to a lesser extent Williams have pulled away from the pack being the best of the rest is about all they can hope for with their current drivers lineup. And though Jenson isn't one for many mistakes, he just couldn't decide which way to go when he hit Pastor.

As for Jenson, he had the better of 6/10ths Fernando all weekend, and only that bonehead move let Alonso get by him. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The last time Alonso was at McLaren the lack of being #1 by default resulted in being beaten by Lewis..... just barely, but beaten in the same car. If Button gets the better of Fred I don't know what I'll think.... has Alonso lost his edge or have I rated Jenson lower than I should have?

I thought the Ferrari strategy was also interesting. They were driving Kimi to a time delta, and seemed to want him to stay back and clear of Vettels dirty air. He ended up with fresher tires at the end, and seemingly some pace over Vettel. I think he got close enough that Vettel would have responded, as he was almost in DRS range. But in any case the safety car came out, and even if Kimi could catch him passing him would have been another story.

As for Mercedes, still ahead of the pack, but I personally think they changed tire strategy to cover the Ferrari's. At least someone is close enough to make them think now, and if humans are thinking, they can screw up on occasion. I think if Ferrari keeps doing what they are doing, they have a chance at some more race wins, or at least getting ahead of one of the Mercedes. And there are a few tracks where the power advantage of the Mercedes won't help as much, and we have a chance at some good side by side on track fights. I think all four of the drivers in those cars are capable of giving us a good show when that happens.

Nico? He just needs to get Lewis out of his head. He showed last year he can get the car on pole, and if he can get his head down and do that this year it will be a major change and Lewis will have to fight back over the race distance.

Tazio
14th April 2015, 16:52
As for Jenson, he had the better of 6/10ths Fernando all weekend, and only that bonehead move let Alonso get by him. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The last time Alonso was at McLaren the lack of being #1 by default resulted in being beaten by Lewis..... just barely, but beaten in the same car. If Button gets the better of Fred I don't know what I'll think.... has Alonso lost his edge or have I rated Jenson lower than I should have?
Not exactly my brotha', you just didn't get the whole story!

Only Button had new diffuser in China - report - Nextgen-Auto.com Motorsport, all the racing information. News, results, photos and videos from F1, Rally, WRC, IRC, WTCC, GP2, Endurance, Forums

Fernando Alonso demonstrated his "good mood" by happily racing a step behind teammate Jenson Button in China.
That is the claim of Germany’s Auto Motor und Sport, revealing that the specification of the Spaniard’s McLaren-Honda in Shanghai was not quite up to speed with the sister car.
The report said only one version of a new diffuser was brought by McLaren to China, and Alonso "generously" let teammate Button have it aboard his silver car.
Some believe the component is worth a couple of tenths per lap, and Alonso will have use of it in Bahrain this weekend.
http://www.bloob.fr/f1-formula-1-news-only-button-had-new-diffuser-in-china-report-nextgen-autocom-113822.html

Fred, good mood, giving it up for his dawg "Jense" Maybe Fred isn't as self centered and greedy as you would like to believe.....anymore ;) Although I think that if they were fighting at the sharp end (which will happen this season) Zo would have gotten it first. That is if Jenson wasn't whippin' his a$$, which I don't think will happen, but he could punk him as badly as The Boss did, but nothing like the as$-whippin' Fred gave to Kimi last year :laugh:

Finally, Alonso declined to be drawn into a row with his former teammate Kimi Raikkonen, after the Ferrari driver became impatient during the Chinese race.

"Come on, get that McLaren out of the way!" the Finn raged over the radio in Shanghai.
Alonso was quoted afterwards by the Spanish daily Marca: "I don’t say anything, because we are very slow compared to them."

:sailor: Sorry to burst your bubble ....mate! ;)

truefan72
14th April 2015, 22:15
It would seem to me that some clown is whining and crying that some are stating as fact that Hamilton controlled the race and Rosberg whined. I agree that it is ridiculous. If a driver is faster they pass. The driver in front controls the pace they want to run, and has no obligation to move to keep a crying driver behind from getting butt hurt about it.

I think it's comical that you pretend to post without bias, especially in light of your sig line. Anyone not biased against Hamilton will in your view be a fanboi.

Lewis had the better of Nico all weekend long. It's really that easy. If anyone needs a tissue, get over it and quit blaming it on bias. :)

thanks airshifter. i wasn't even going to bother to respond, and thankfully you summed up my sentiments succinctly.

journeyman racer
15th April 2015, 11:17
1It would seem to me that some clown is whining and crying that some are stating as fact that Hamilton controlled the race and2 Rosberg whined. I agree that it is ridiculous. If a driver is faster they pass. The driver in front controls the pace they want to run, and has no obligation to move to keep a crying driver behind from getting butt hurt about it.

3I think it's comical that you pretend to post without bias, especially in light of your sig line. Anyone not biased against Hamilton will in your view be a fanboi.

1 Who are you talking about?

2 What exactly did he say that constitutes "whined"? I've not read any quote that can be regarded as "whining". However, he did state a view opposite to what Hamilton. So what?

3 lol I hope you're not accusing me of bias. Regarding the 2008 season. Does a biased person say this?

http://www.motorsportforums.com/showthread.php?34755-Moral-Championship-Standings&p=1018161&viewfull=1#post1018161

Personally? I don't think Massa has the quality of Hamilton. So I'm ok with Hamilton claiming the title,

truefan and TBK do drag down discussions. truefan's first post itt is a classic example.

Remember TBK was praising Nico and rating him highly during the 2013 pre-season.

TBK called Rosberg a "cunt" a few weeks ago. So don't worry about what he said during the 2013 pre-season.

journeyman racer
15th April 2015, 11:19
Regarding my sig? It'll prevent me from having rsi. I'll gladly adjust/remove any of it, if it can be disproven.

N4D13
15th April 2015, 11:51
Fred, good mood, giving it up for his dawg "Jense" Maybe Fred isn't as self centered and greedy as you would like to believe.....anymore ;) Although I think that if they were fighting at the sharp end (which will happen this season) Zo would have gotten it first. That is if Jenson wasn't whippin' his a$$, which I don't think will happen, but he could punk him as badly as The Boss did, but nothing like the as$-whippin' Fred gave to Kimi last year :laugh:
If I were going to a team where I had a very bad reputation and the car was an absolute dog with no chance of scoring points, I would gladly "sacrifice" myself. It wasn't going to make much of a difference in the race result and it would improve my status with the team. This is not necessarily Zo being a team player but rather trying to improve his relationship with the team without losing anything of value.

AndyL
15th April 2015, 12:19
As for Jenson, he had the better of 6/10ths Fernando all weekend, and only that bonehead move let Alonso get by him.

That wasn't the impression I got, to me they looked pretty much even. There was, what, 4 thousandths between them in qualifying? I don't read too much into free practice times. McLaren split their strategies but ultimately they ended up in the same place on the track with only a few laps to go. I think there's a strong chance Alonso would have got by anyway with the option tyre and finished ahead of Button. Alonso getting past off the start was the decisive moment of the race between them.

truefan72
15th April 2015, 20:06

truefan and TBK do drag down discussions. truefan's first post itt is a classic example.

this is getting pathetic and sad on your part journeyman
nothing in my comments were inflammatory or reached the kind of depths of vitriol that yours have been poisoning the forum with. go back and read the comment then compare it to your various proceeding posts which are laced with insults, personal attacks and of course, false equivalencies. I responded to your initial general post asking you to go read the rosberg comments first before spewing unwarranted attacks and it took you a whole 4 days to do so, in the meanwhile continuing to lob attacks on fellow poster and at one point claiming " I don't need to read the rosberg comments..."

Nothing i have said has been out of order and in fact has been backed by the vast majority of poster many who were rosberg fans or not even hamilton fans in the first place. but yet you continue down an unproductive path of tripe, while falsely claiming i and others started some sort of fracas. when the entirety of the nonsense has come from you.

This is the last i'll say on the matter and advice you to put me on your ignore list if you seriously have an issue with my posts. While i reserve that action for the most serious offenders in my book, it might be time to do the same.

my apologies in advance to pino for having to uselessly take up room to respond to a belligerent member.