PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the Race - Malaysia

steveaki13
29th March 2015, 10:24
Time to vote for the Driver of the Race. We have a poll for Driver of the Race, but feel free to give views on drivers efforts.

rjbetty
29th March 2015, 10:33
I just woke up and tuned in on lap 43. What am I seeing? Vettel about to win on merit???

Wooooooooah dude!

steveaki13
29th March 2015, 10:46
I vote Sebastian Vettel as Driver of the Race

Other mentions:

Kimi Raikkonen - Wonderful pace and comeback after that unfortunate puncture early on.
Max Verstappen - Great effort by the kid. Overtaking, defending and general racing. Very Good
Carlos Sainz - Great effort too by Sainz.
Roberto Merhi - Nice to see Manor get to the end of the race and only 3 laps down. So decent effort.

jens
29th March 2015, 10:51
Sebastian Vettel, of course. :D

Other than that, the young Max Verstappen. I am getting on his hype-board. Hard to believe he is THAT young. Reminds me some other sports, like ski jumping, where we have had teenage stars.

AndyL
29th March 2015, 11:03
Other than that, the young Max Verstappen. I am getting on his hype-board. Hard to believe he is THAT young. Reminds me some other sports, like ski jumping, where we have had teenage stars.

He is looking like the real deal isn't he. Strong all weekend.

Mia 01
29th March 2015, 11:34
Sorry Seb, i gave it to Kimi.

rjbetty
29th March 2015, 11:38
Yup, given Kimi seemed stronger on long run pace in practice (is that true?) what could he have done today from a top 4 grid slot?! Still 4th is alright and helps for FGP.

longisland
29th March 2015, 12:21
Seb
Max
Kimi

Storm
29th March 2015, 16:01
I don't think I have ever watched a race and thought Vettel was the great one. Here he was....add to it he was also quite likeable at the podium/interview among the sulking world champion and his sidekick. :eek:

So Seb gets the vote from me.

Kimi was amazing, if only he had started from the 2nd row or so?
Verstappen, only 17 and definitely got the overtaking gene from Jos :)

The Black Knight
29th March 2015, 16:30
Guess it has to be Seb for this one. It looks like he has lucked into another good car yet again. He was superb today though and deserved the victory. Ferrari have done an amazing job during the winter.

Verstappen had a great drive as well. Thoroughly enjoyable race. Don't know what people are on about Hamilton sulking as he certainly wasn't.

N. Jones
29th March 2015, 18:12
Max, what a drive!

Mercedes handed Seb the win.

A FONDO
29th March 2015, 18:15
Max was amazing today. His lines, his positioning... just wonderful.

Vet was obligated to win with all the circumstances.

Doc Austin
29th March 2015, 19:24
Vettel simply seized the race with both hands today. There were a lot of good performances, but only one DOTR, and that's got to be Vettel.

gm99
29th March 2015, 19:52
Seb - it must have been very sweet for him to lap the Red Bulls towards the end :P

Kimi - great recovery, which also showed that Ferrari had genuine pace this week-end.

Max - impressive drive from the teenager in his second GP.

anfield5
29th March 2015, 21:08
Never thought this would happen, but I voted for Seb. Beat the Mercs on merit all class. Well done Ferrari for putting the right people in the right places and turning last years pile of crap into a decent car.

The Black Knight
30th March 2015, 09:10
Max, what a drive!

Mercedes handed Seb the win.

To give credit where it is due, I think that Vettel would have won regardless. If you look at the times before the safety car, Lewis wasn't pulling away from Seb at all. In fact, Seb was actually closing in on him, so I don't think Mercedes handed Ferrari the win, I think Ferrari would have taken it anyway. It may have been a different story had Hamilton a better weekend in FP sessions, he might have had a better car balance but I think Ferrari have done an amazing job with this new car and I'm really excited to see what is going to happen over the coming races.

journeyman racer
30th March 2015, 09:31
Personally? I thought it was Grant Elliott, despite being in the losing side.

Storm
30th March 2015, 10:32
^;)

CNR
31st March 2015, 14:16
Raikkonen lost downforce with puncture damage
http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/196227.html

to be +53.822s behind after about 3 minutes for the first lap and lack of downforce it may have been Ferrari 1 - 2