PDA

View Full Version : Pickem! 2015 Australian Grand Prix

Mark
2nd March 2015, 12:41
It's nearly time!

Get your pickems in here http://www.motorsportforums.com/listpickem.php?series=f1&round=1

anfield5
2nd March 2015, 20:06
Hurray! - my yearly chance to prove I know nothing about F1 :)

Tazio
3rd March 2015, 02:52
I miss Valve Bounce, and Ozrevhead around this time of year! :(

Tazio
3rd March 2015, 16:15
Mark........will there be (relatively) current standings, and maybe even a winner declared for this seasons exercise? :rolleyes: ;)
Thanks in advance :angel:

jens
3rd March 2015, 17:16
After a long time (read: many years) decided to play this game again.

But I have traditionally been very bad in this sort of race predictions game. If I am in the first half of the competitors, it would already be a very good results by my standards.:D

anfield5
3rd March 2015, 19:46
After a long time (read: many years) decided to play this game again.

But I have traditionally been very bad in this sort of race predictions game. If I am in the first half of the competitors, it would already be a very good results by my standards.:D

SO it will be a race for bottom spot for us two then :)

steveaki13
4th March 2015, 00:18
Mark........will there be (relatively) current standings, and maybe even a winner declared for this seasons exercise? :rolleyes: ;)

Just as well you didn't see the results for last season Tazzie baby. I would have left you weeping :stareup:

Anyway it would be nice to see results for 2015.

Also may keep for favourite friend away Taz. Pob :p

Tazio
4th March 2015, 03:26
:stareup: I've had the longest one season championship reign in Motorsports Forums history :champion: :dog:

steveaki13
4th March 2015, 08:22
:stareup: I've had the longest one season championship reign in Motorsports Forums history :champion: :dog:

I won the Pob championship. :smokin:

Tazio
4th March 2015, 08:39
Well played mate !
Pob = interloper :smokin:

airshifter
4th March 2015, 12:01
SO it will be a race for bottom spot for us two then :)

Whoa.... just hold on here. I greatly suck at picking the finishing order race to race, and I demand inclusion in this statement! :laugh:

I managed a third place finish in FGP one year, but still sucked at Pickems that year too. I often get busy and forget to do Pickems for a race or two, but even if I didn't, I could compete for the loss!

Maybe we should see how many would get in on a sig line promise before the season start. We could play off of Tazio's current sig and make it "Reigning Pickems Biggest Loser" or something. :)

steveaki13
4th March 2015, 12:19
Maybe we should see how many would get in on a sig line promise before the season start. We could play off of Tazio's current sig and make it "Reigning Pickems Biggest Loser" or something. :)

I'm in :)

Tazio
4th March 2015, 16:54
Good idea but it wouldn't work due to the "playa rate of attrition" factor. It's freakin' on dukie if you would want to take it to a personal level.....bro :cool:

anfield5
4th March 2015, 20:05
Whoa.... just hold on here. I greatly suck at picking the finishing order race to race, and I demand inclusion in this statement! :laugh:

I managed a third place finish in FGP one year, but still sucked at Pickems that year too. I often get busy and forget to do Pickems for a race or two, but even if I didn't, I could compete for the loss!

Problem with that is - If we all try and win the biggest loser comp, we will end up picking the correct result every race :)

airshifter
4th March 2015, 20:25
Problem with that is - If we all try and win the biggest loser comp, we will end up picking the correct result every race :)

That might be my best tactic. I rolled the dice and picked Alonso in the top 8 for the first race! :laugh:

On the flip side I can now see how loads of people will pick K Mag as the reserve driver for their FGP teams, and I haven't picked my team yet. Does anyone want to guess who my reserve will be?

Mark
4th March 2015, 21:09

I hope so! It all went a bit Pete Tong last year.

Mark
4th March 2015, 21:11
Note: under the standard rules if a driver is a direct stand in then picks will still count so picks for Alonso will count for Magnussen.

anfield5
4th March 2015, 21:40
Note: under the standard rules if a driver is a direct stand in then picks will still count so picks for Alonso will count for Magnussen.

Good to know. But no disrespect to Kev, if you picked Fred to finish 4th, there is very little chance that Kev will match that :)

Tazio
5th March 2015, 02:32
If you picked Fred to finish 4th, maybe you need your head examined as well :angel: ;)

anfield5
5th March 2015, 03:11
If you picked Fred to finish 4th, maybe you need your head examined as well :angel: ;)

Just checking.... hold on.... I din't include a McLaren in the top 10, so a 1-2 finish is on the cards then.

jens
5th March 2015, 10:33
Good to know. But no disrespect to Kev, if you picked Fred to finish 4th, there is very little chance that Kev will match that :)

As Murray Walker would say - this is Formula One and anything can happen! Like it was completely unexpected Magnussen would in fact come second last year in Australia.

But... I would not predict K-Mag that high this time around! :D

AndyL
5th March 2015, 10:40
As Murray Walker would say - this is Formula One and anything can happen!

"And it usually does." :D

inimitablestoo
5th March 2015, 12:14
I'd make my picks but don't recall seeing the 2014 results anywhere yet...