PDA

View Full Version : Fgp 2015

Pages : [1] 2

N. Jones
22nd February 2015, 14:52
Welcome one and all. Throughout the season I will be posting the results and the standings in this thread.
For those returning players please go here: https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/ and start creating your teams.

For those of you that are new please read the following summary of how FGP is played:

Everyone has a budget of 48,000,000 with which you use to build a team. Your team will consist of:
- two official drivers
- a 3rd driver, which is used if one of your official drivers misses a race and your 3rd driver races.
- one chassis
- one team-engine.
Lastly, choose a Grand Prix that will be your Bonus GP. Your team will score double points at that race.
Once complete please choose a name for your team and then post your entry in this thread.

The deadline for entering a team is the end of Friday, March 13th.

Thank You for Reading. Good Luck!

N. Jones
22nd February 2015, 15:18
Since I stunk last year and steered my son wrong we will go first:

N. Jones Jr.:

The Golden Stars:
Kimi Raikkonen
Max Verstappen
Seb Buemi
Mercedes
McLaren-Honda
UAE

N. Jones
22nd February 2015, 15:19
Now me. Oxy Clean is gone so POSF1 is now only sponsored by Lionel. THis team hopes to make the top ten and be a thorn in the swide of the contenders for the entire season:

Daniil Kvyat
Kimi Raikkonen
Esteban Guitierrez
Ferrari
Ferrari
Belgium

pino
22nd February 2015, 16:18
Red Passion Team

Vettel

Verstappen

Buemi

Ferrari

LotusF1-Mercedes

Monza

Tazio
22nd February 2015, 16:53
We are going to put a powerful hurt on ya''awl boys!

steveaki13
22nd February 2015, 22:31
http://thumb9.shutterstock.com/thumb_small/77577/77577,1263152799,2/stock-vector-funny-hedgehog-cartoon-44202358.jpgAki's Hedgehog Racing Team is currently still in negociations and will launch its line up on Saturday 7th March 2015.

The worlds media awaits with interest following the teams solid midfield form from 2014.

N. Jones
23rd February 2015, 02:26
We are going to put a powerful hurt on ya''awl boys!

You talk without backing it up.
Who ya crappin?

COD
23rd February 2015, 11:55
Force Finland

Raikkonen
Nasr
Kovalainen
Mercedes
Williams-Mercedes
Mexico

pino
23rd February 2015, 13:11
Dear N.Jones, can we make any changes before the dead-line ?

N. Jones
24th February 2015, 00:41
No. Once a team has been posted it is final.

henners88
24th February 2015, 13:16
Team: HennersF1 Racing

Driver 1: Kimi Raikkonen
Driver 2: Marcus Ericsson

Reserve: Jean-Eric Vergne

Chassis: Ferrari
Engine: Mercedes

Bonus GP: Montreal.

:)

Tazio
24th February 2015, 15:19
You talk without backing it up.
Who ya crappin?

So sorry I'm going to spank/whup ya' 'awl boys!

Tazio
24th February 2015, 16:38
The Fighting Anglo Mafia sponsored by The Bilderberg Group

Mercedes Lump
McLaren Chassis
Daniel Kyvat
Marcus Ericsson
Jos Verstappen

Bonus race - Monaco

Good luck lads!! :dork:

Tazio
24th February 2015, 16:54
Force Finland

Raikkonen............. 10
Nasr ............. 6
Kovalainen .............1
Mercedes ............20
Williams-Mercedes .13
Mexico = 50 :confused:

COD
24th February 2015, 21:36
= 50 :confused:

You are absolutely right. If N. Jones allows me correct, I will. Or then he will just exclude me��

anfield5
24th February 2015, 22:41
Bottas 23 million
Grosjean 8 million
Vergne 1 million
LotusF1 6 million
McLaren/Honda 10 million

TOTAL 48 million

Bonus GP - Japan

anfield5
24th February 2015, 22:42
Bottas...............23 million
Grosjean..............8 million
Vergne................1 million
LotusF1...............6 million
McLaren/Honda....10 million

TOTAL................48 million

Bonus GP - Japan

oops sorry about the double post, both are the same, the second one is just easier to read

mybad?

Plus I forgot to name the team.

Pool-R-Evil Racing

Tazio
25th February 2015, 03:07
You are absolutely right. If N. Jones allows me correct, I will. Or then he will just exclude me��
I think that is a change he will allow! ;)

Tazio
25th February 2015, 03:08
Bottas 23 million
Grosjean 8 million
Vergne 1 million
LotusF1 6 million
McLaren/Honda 10 million

TOTAL 48 million

Bonus GP - Japan

Interesting picks mate, but you will lose!! :p:

Koz
25th February 2015, 03:54
Team Marlboro Koz Racing

Kimi Raikkonen - 10
Daniil Kvyat - 12
Ferrari - 25

Reserve - Jean-Eric Vergne - 1

Team Principal - Flavio Briatore

Cheerleaders - Jacques Villeneuve, Susie Wolff & Juan Pablo Montoya

Bonus GP: Spa

Tazio
25th February 2015, 04:18
Nice team Koz.......but you well lose! :angel:

Koz
25th February 2015, 04:23
Nice team Koz.......but you well lose! :angel:

Probably, but not to you methinks!

Tazio
25th February 2015, 04:36
So? :p:

N. Jones
25th February 2015, 05:10

Oh yes, a goof up on the total must be corrected. Please repost your team.

N. Jones
25th February 2015, 05:15
Team Marlboro Koz Racing

Kimi Raikkonen - 10
Daniil Kvyat - 12
Ferrari - 25

Reserve - Jean-Eric Vergne - 1

Team Principal - Flavio Briatore

Cheerleaders - Jacques Villeneuve, Susie Wolff & Juan Pablo Montoya

SO!

You knew I finally picked a winner and you just HAD to copy me, eh???????????

Tazio
25th February 2015, 08:03
:stareup: Yup!

Sorry Koz, just kidding! :devil: :angel:

Koz
25th February 2015, 08:35
SO!

You knew I finally picked a winner and you just HAD to copy me, eh???????????

Ah! I didn't look at others' teams!! Since our teams are the same, can I change mine?

jens
25th February 2015, 12:53
Jens GP still hasn't announced its line-up. The team is having trouble in putting the team together, they are lacking funds and sponsorship currently. Hopefully further news will be announced in March.

COD
25th February 2015, 15:02
Ok, here we go again, I hope my math is right this time:

Force Finland

Raikkonen 10
Kvyat 12
Kovalainen 1
Mercedes 20
Sauber-Ferrari 4
= 47
Bonus Mexico

Tazio
25th February 2015, 16:13
Jens GP still hasn't announced its line-up. The team is having trouble in putting the team together, they are lacking funds and sponsorship currently. Hopefully further news will be announced in March.
The Fighting Anglo Mafia has an announcement about Jens GP:

"You will lose.......again!" :wave: ;)

N. Jones
25th February 2015, 16:51
Do you really want to? You team is legal.

N. Jones
25th February 2015, 16:53
Quit waiting for a miracle and pick yer team!

anfield5
25th February 2015, 19:45
Interesting picks mate, but you will lose!! :p:

I ALWAYS lose

jens
25th February 2015, 22:13
The Fighting Anglo Mafia has an announcement about Jens GP:

"You will lose.......again!" :wave: ;)

Not too bad, dear FAM Team! As long as we make it to the grid, we have achieved our main goal already.:p:

Jens GP is currently in negotiations with two investors. Talks are expected to be concluded by the end of the week.

Robinho
26th February 2015, 01:40
I'm currently mulling over 5 different team options at the moment. Think I need to see the last round of testing before making the final decision

N. Jones
26th February 2015, 01:42
COD - your team is changed.
All teams up to this point have been entered.

COD
26th February 2015, 11:41
COD - your team is changed.
All teams up to this point have been entered.

Thanks a lot! Sorry for the mess

jens
26th February 2015, 17:39
So, sooner than expected, Jens GP has finally concluded a title sponsorship deal, plus acquired some minor sponsors to get the team a 48 Million per annum budget. Tazio’s remark about being a loser gave Jens an inspiration to contact company named Underdog, who is a hopeless supplier of various goods. However, the firm was determined to get into FGP, viewing the series as a good marketing platform for losers.

Returning Team principal Jens has ruled out taking anything from the shaky McLaren-Honda package, and is certain his team must include something from Mercedes, having also turned his eyes to the Ferrari option on the back of half-impressive winter testing campaign. The prices have made the 2015 FGP choice very challenging, because there is no obvious bargain, like last year Ricciardo and Bottas were.

But the final decision is to put all eggs in Mercedes basket, gambling on a similar season like 2014 in terms of performance trends.

So, there you go…
Underdog Jens GP Racing
Driver #1: Marcus Ericsson (5M)
Driver #2: Manor1 (4M)
Driver #3: Jean-Eric Vergne (1M)
Chassis: Mercedes (20M)
Team-Engine: Mercedes (18M)
Bonus GP: Spanish GP, Barcelona

Underdog Jens GP has immediately created the first scandal of the season by controversially signing a non-existent Manor driver. However, TP Jens claims this decision is legal, because they were among the price options, even if the driver himself and team never appears on te grid.

anfield5
26th February 2015, 20:02
So, sooner than expected, Jens GP has finally concluded a title sponsorship deal, plus acquired some minor sponsors to get the team a 48 Million per annum budget. Tazio’s remark about being a loser gave Jens an inspiration to contact company named Underdog, who is a hopeless supplier of various goods. However, the firm was determined to get into FGP, viewing the series as a good marketing platform for losers.

Returning Team principal Jens has ruled out taking anything from the shaky McLaren-Honda package, and is certain his team must include something from Mercedes, having also turned his eyes to the Ferrari option on the back of half-impressive winter testing campaign. The prices have made the 2015 FGP choice very challenging, because there is no obvious bargain, like last year Ricciardo and Bottas were.

But the final decision is to put all eggs in Mercedes basket, gambling on a similar season like 2014 in terms of performance trends.

So, there you go…
Underdog Jens GP Racing
Driver #1: Marcus Ericsson (5M)
Driver #2: Manor1 (4M)
Driver #3: Jean-Eric Vergne (1M)
Bonus GP: Spanish GP, Barcelona

Underdog Jens GP has immediately created the first scandal of the season by controversially signing a non-existent Manor driver. However, TP Jens claims this decision is legal, because they were among the price options, even if the driver himself and team never appears on te grid.

Manor1 is Will Stevens

N. Jones
27th February 2015, 00:38
Will Stevens has been added into the price list, replacing the Manor1 place holder.

N. Jones
27th February 2015, 00:42

Jens has not shocked anybody by blowing more smoke out his behind that the exhaust out of the team's cars!

N. Jones
27th February 2015, 00:45
Jens... your Underfrog team needs to go sit next to the other big-headed team - The Fighting Jabronie's Mafia....

:D

N. Jones
27th February 2015, 00:48
Henners - you can change your team if you want since it is exact to mine.

Koz
27th February 2015, 03:30
Do you really want to? You team is legal.

Yes, I do! It will be terrible scoring the same points as me every race, you know it! And even though this is the winning team that we have picked, I'd very much rather come last than share the glory victory!

Raikkonen - 10
Sainz - 7
Chassis - Mclaren - 12
Engine - Mercedes - 18
Jean-Eric Vergne - 1

Spa

N. Jones
27th February 2015, 14:49
Everybody loves that discount Raikkonen in aisle 5!

N. Jones
27th February 2015, 14:52
Yes, I do! It will be terrible scoring the same points as me every race, you know it! And even though this is the winning team that we have picked, I'd very much rather come last than share the glory victory!

Raikkonen - 10
Sainz - 7
Chassis - Mclaren - 12
Engine - Mercedes - 18
Jean-Eric Vergne - 1

Spa

I meant Koz. Sorry. This is changed.

rjbetty
28th February 2015, 16:35
FORD FOCUS F1 TEAM ANNOUNCEMENT

The Ford Focus F1 Team would like to announce we will be making an announcement on an entry into the 2015 FGP series - and just when everyone thought we were dead and buried! Nope, no-one is getting their hands on our prize money from last year.

Rumours are that team boss rjbetty, who has kinda deserted the team but seems to be out there somewhere, wants to defy all logic by again continuing with a McLaren line-up, despite the fact they single handedly ruined the teams first 2 seasons in the sport!

"We feel we need to do something different in order to have a chance to get ahead in the game. No-one is choosing McLaren. No-one is choosing Red Bull either, but they're too expensive, and it seems the boss thinks they will slip back slightly this year".

If we keep choosing McLaren every year, one day we have to hit the jackpot.

Stay tuned for an official announcement.

N. Jones
1st March 2015, 02:49
so, in other words, you're planning to plan?

aryan
1st March 2015, 03:39
Due to current financial turmoil, the Mt. Damavand F1 team is struggling to find a title sponsor.

Despite being the reigning champion, it seems few brand want to associate with us now that our name was tarnished when we received NSA's money last year.

NSA meanwhile has expressed no desire to continue this successful relationship, as they proclaimed that they now have access to everyone's data across the board and do not need to engage in any PR spin anymore.

Interested parties who can fund at least AUD $20 to become the title sponsor of the reginging champions are encouraged to PM the team owner urgently!

Tazio
1st March 2015, 04:13

Wow you are really living on the edge! :rolleyes:

call_me_andrew
3rd March 2015, 04:23
Team: Chatter Ham
Chassis: Mercedes
Engine: Williams-Mercedes
Driver 1: Raikkonen
Driver 2: Manor2
Driver 3: Vergne
Bonus: Italy

jens
3rd March 2015, 14:54
Wow you are really living on the edge! :rolleyes:

Underdog Jens GP Racing agrees with the claim.

"We indeed are living on the edge and our team choice follows the "all or nothing" principle. However, this is our only chance if we want to win. Last year we were fifth. But just being a frontrunner is not good enough for us any more. To take the next step you need big risks," claims returning team principal Jens.

jens
3rd March 2015, 14:56
Jens has not shocked anybody by blowing more smoke out his behind that the exhaust out of the team's cars!

Jens may not have shocked with words, but the team aims to shock with results this season. Whether in a good or bad way, remains to be seen!

"Whatever happens, at least the season is going to be exciting for us, that's for sure. We would not be unhappy to finish 10th or below as long as we put up a good show and fight. Spirit is the keyword!" says Jens.

jens
3rd March 2015, 14:59
Jens... your Underfrog team needs to go sit next to the other big-headed team - The Fighting Jabronie's Mafia....

Underdog Jens GP Racing is unsure whether comparisons to The Fighting Anglo Mafia team might actually be a compliment or not. But Jens shakes off all rumours that the two teams might be (illegally) co-operating.

"They are a good and strong competitor to us, and that's how we take them. Media has portrayed both of us as big-headed teams already, which could be a stretch, but never mind - one thing is sure, we do not lack ambition!" claims TP Jens confidently to interviewer.

Tazio
3rd March 2015, 15:36
Underdog Jens GP Racing is unsure whether comparisons to The Fighting Anglo Mafia team might actually be a compliment or not. But Jens shakes off all rumours that the two teams might be (illegally) co-operating.

"They are a good and strong competitor to us, and that's how we take them. Media has portrayed both of us as big-headed teams already, which could be a stretch, but never mind - one thing is sure, we do not lack ambition!" claims TP Jens confidently to interviewer.
That's right mate, keep it on the down low. ;)

truefan72
3rd March 2015, 22:30
Team Truespeed

Driver 1: Grosjean: 8
Driver 2: Maldonado 6
Driver 3: Magnussen 1
Chassis: Mercedes 20
Team-Engine: Williams-Mercedes 13

Total 48m

Extremerevs
4th March 2015, 02:26
Team name: McLaren F1 forever!!!
Chassis: McLaren
Engine: McLaren Honda
Driver 1: Alonso
Driver 2: Nasser
Driver 3: Magnussen
Bonus Gp: Belgium

Firstgear
4th March 2015, 02:32
Well I had some good results last year, so I'm going to tweak as little as possible.
I can't afford Bottas anymore, so I'll have to rely completely on my machinery - not expecting anything from my drivers. Hopefully a new team name can help move me up a place in the standings.

Team Name: Top Step Racing

Mercedes - 20
Mercedes - 18
Ericsson - 5
Manor2 - 4
Kubica - 1
Bonus - Australia (looking for the early lead)

N. Jones
4th March 2015, 05:21
Team Truespeed

Driver 1: Grosjean: 8
Driver 2: Maldonado 6
Driver 3: Magnussen 1
Chassis: Mercedes 20
Team-Engine: Williams-Mercedes 13

Total 48m

Are you going to give us a bonus GP or are you going to be radical? :)

pantealex
4th March 2015, 12:54
LAKKA

Sainz
Manor2
Magnussen
Mercedes
Mercedes
UAE

SkyTom
4th March 2015, 16:03
Team 137

1 Raikkonen (10)
2 Manor2 (4)
3 Liuzzi (1)
c Mercedes (20)
e Williams-Mercedes (13)
b Spa

Champion in 2012. Third in 2014. What will 2015 bring?!

N. Jones
5th March 2015, 01:19
All to this point have been added on the Teams page: https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/teams

jens
5th March 2015, 10:21
LAKKA

Sainz
Manor2
Magnussen
Mercedes
Mercedes
UAE

Underdog Jens GP Racing would like to launch another scandal of the pre-season and files an official protest against Team LAKKA, claiming they have exceeded the budget cap limits. CS (7) + M2 (4) + KM (1) + MB (20) + MB (18) together gives 50 M.

gm99
5th March 2015, 14:45
Il ritorno di Sebastiano

Driver #1: Vettel (21 m)
Driver #2: Nasr (6 m)
Driver #3: Magnussen (1 m)

Chassis: Force India (9 m)
Engine: Ferrari (11 m)

Bonus: Melbourne

truefan72
5th March 2015, 22:51
Are you going to give us a bonus GP or are you going to be radical? :)

lol

sorry about that

Bonus GP
Australia

N. Jones
6th March 2015, 05:26
Underdog Jens GP Racing would like to launch another scandal of the pre-season and files an official protest against Team LAKKA, claiming they have exceeded the budget cap limits. CS (7) + M2 (4) + KM (1) + MB (20) + MB (18) together gives 50 M.

You are correct. This team will have to be resubmitted.

Robinho
6th March 2015, 07:38
Ok, let's play, trying to finally win the thing instead of podiums and top 5's.

Team Name: Bobby's Bits

Driver 1: Ericsson 5m
Driver 2: Manor 2 (not will stevens) 4m
Driver 3: Vergne 1m
Chassis: Mercedes 20m
Engine: Mercedes 18m

Bonus GP: Australia

Total 48m

steveaki13
6th March 2015, 08:39
It can be announced that Aki's Racing Team is splitting with last season's sponsor Hedgehog Gutter Brush. The sponsor is in financial trouble and may end up in its own gutter.

Therefore it can also be announced that for the 2015 FGP season the new title sponser will be Twix

Making the official team name Twix's Aki's Racing Team or TART for short :p

The teams line up will be announced tomorrow as originally Stated.

Tazio
7th March 2015, 03:57
Making the official team name Twix's Aki's Racing Team or TART, with Gadji being our official McPit Babe. :love:

Sorry.....:angel:

rjbetty
7th March 2015, 05:59
FORD FOCUS F1 TEAM STATEMENT

We announce today that we intend to make our announcement soon on a team for the 2015 FGP season.

Delays are caused by trying to scrape the money together, and this time waiting to see what TART and others come up with.

It appears there is much not in the way of sensible choices this year, so most of the teams are looking very similar. This should at least ensure a very close title fight, which we hope to be in the thick of this time.

We are seriously considering finally wising up and dumping McLaren, who ruined our first 2 seasons in the sport. But you just know if we do, they will come good by the Spanish GP and be the 2nd best team from then on, at good value. :mad:

As for drivers, we are thinking of possibly letting go of Kevin Magnussen, especially now he won't be actually in F1 (much) this year. We took heed of the saying "fortune favours the brave", but we've never got anything for our bravery except rubbish results and mediocrity. After much agonising, we decided against signing Daniel Ricciardo for just £1M more - and wouldn't you know it, he turned out to be the find of the season. :mad:

At least we didn't make the biggest facepalm of all - that went to certain others who thought it would be a good move to dump Valtteri Bottas, who we had the foresight to hire, for Maldonado! (I kinda feel bad for not saying something about that at the time).

We are in a race with the real Manor team to see who can announce their line-up last, since we have learned from last year and resisted announcing our team early before testing.

Watch this space...

steveaki13
7th March 2015, 09:40
This is the official Launch of the Line Up for Twix's Aki's Racing Team

The team has found a new title sponsor for the 2015 FGP season and due to contract deputes will be dispensing with both its drivers from last season. Ricciardo led the team brilliantly in 2014, but increased wage demands have meant that TART will have to let him go. Maldonado will also leave the team after a disastrous 2014.

After discussions for the last 3 months with several drivers, TART can announce their lead driver as Kimi Raikkonen. After a 2014 of lows the ice cream demands are at a decent level and TART have invested in the former World Champion.

Joining him in car 2 this season is youngster Marcus Ericcson. Having been average in a snail paced Caterham last season, TART believe he can step up and score a few points in 2015.

While the easy answer is to go for all Merecedes chassis and engine line ups, TART are going for a gamble. Maybe the team may end up down the field, but hope this brave decision will pay off.

The chassis will this season be designed by Ferrari, while the team keep the Mercedes engine.

Gutierrez will join as the 3rd driver unless he gets a drive in Manor 2.

The line up is similar to Henners F1 Racing, but will differentiate by having Spa as their bonus round.

team boss Steveaki13 said: "We are happy enough with our 2015 line up. We had hoped to employ Mercedes chassis & engine plus Hamilton and Rosberg but at 96 million it was slightly over our price range. However Kimi is going to show everyone this season he hasn't lost his ice, while Marcus will finally make a splash. The engine is mighty again for 2015 and our new Ferrari chassis is a gamble based on testing times. He who dares wins."

2015 FGP line up

Team Name: Twix's Aki's Racing Team
1st Driver: Kimi Raikkonen - 10m
2nd Driver: Marcus Ericcson - 5m
Reserve Driver: Esteban Gutierrez - 1m
Chassis: Ferrari - 14m
Engine: Mercedes - Mercedes -18m
Bonus GP: Spa/Belgium

Total: 48m

steveaki13
7th March 2015, 09:42
My father is happy to enter again if we want an extra team if we are low again.

Let me know

airshifter
7th March 2015, 14:53
Team Loco Americano F1

Driver 1: Raikkonen
Driver 2: Manor2
Reserve: Magnussen

N. Jones
8th March 2015, 03:52

We announce today that we intend to make our announcement soon on a team for the 2015 FGP season.

Delays are caused by trying to scrape the money together, and this time waiting to see what TART and others come up with.

It appears there is much not in the way of sensible choices this year, so most of the teams are looking very similar. This should at least ensure a very close title fight, which we hope to be in the thick of this time.

We are seriously considering finally wising up and dumping McLaren, who ruined our first 2 seasons in the sport. But you just know if we do, they will come good by the Spanish GP and be the 2nd best team from then on, at good value. :mad:

As for drivers, we are thinking of possibly letting go of Kevin Magnussen, especially now he won't be actually in F1 (much) this year. We took heed of the saying "fortune favours the brave", but we've never got anything for our bravery except rubbish results and mediocrity. After much agonising, we decided against signing Daniel Ricciardo for just £1M more - and wouldn't you know it, he turned out to be the find of the season. :mad:

At least we didn't make the biggest facepalm of all - that went to certain others who thought it would be a good move to dump Valtteri Bottas, who we had the foresight to hire, for Maldonado! (I kinda feel bad for not saying something about that at the time).

We are in a race with the real Manor team to see who can announce their line-up last, since we have learned from last year and resisted announcing our team early before testing.

Watch this space...

Shut up and post your team already!

N. Jones
8th March 2015, 03:55
My father is happy to enter again if we want an extra team if we are low again.

Let me know

I'll take whoever I can get.

Alex Rider
8th March 2015, 22:56
The Green What?

Rosberg
Grosjean
The Stig
Lotus F1
Manor-ferrari
Monaco

Rollo
9th March 2015, 00:07
Team: Flying Yorkie Zakspeed Express
Driver 1 - Raikkonen £10
Driver 2 - Verstappen £7
Driver 3 - Magnussen £1
Chassis - McLaren £12
Engine- Mercedes £18

Bonus GP - Britain

Rollo
9th March 2015, 00:18
Official Team Announcement - Flying Yorkie Zakspeed Express

We are proud to announce team partners:
Workjuice - Official finest coffee in the known world.
The Eagle Hand Laundry Company - of Walla Walla, Washington.
Footo - The wonder boot exploder.
Tyrell Corporation - More human than human.
Aperture Science - We do what we must because we can.

Prancing Horse
9th March 2015, 05:01
Team: Lion in the West
Raikkonen
Stevens
Glock
Engine: Williams
Bonus: Germany

pantealex
9th March 2015, 15:45
You are correct. This team will have to be resubmitted.

NO!

OK, my bad :(

pantealex
9th March 2015, 15:49
LAKKA

Sainz
Manor2
Magnussen
Mercedes
Mercedes
UAE

drop Sainz
and
take Ericsson

now it´s 48M

Rica
9th March 2015, 21:50
Team Name : Team Name
D1 : Ericsson
D2 : Stevens
D3 : Me
Chassis : Mercedes
Engine : Mercedes
Bonus : Germany

aryan
10th March 2015, 07:18
I know the Merc - Merc combination is going to win, but I tried that last year and I won and frankly now I don't really want to stick to that formula again.

Maybe I'll just pick a team-driver combination that I can feel kind of passionate about. Sure it's going to finish in the bottom half, but what the heck, it will at least be more exciting than watching paint dry (which was last year)

I think I will have to retire the "Mt Damavand" name though. That team is the champion, doesn't deserve to have it's name dragged through mud this year.

aryan
10th March 2015, 07:37
Team Name: Victoria Bitter's Mt Gambier Boganwagon F1 Team
Chassis: Williams 16m
Engine: Williams 13m
Driver1: Verstappen 7m
Driver 2: Raikkonen 10m
Reserve driver: Magnussen 1m
Bonus GP: Melbourne

Total £47 million, and I'll have £1 million reserve to party!

airshifter
10th March 2015, 12:16
I know the Merc - Merc combination is going to win, but I tried that last year and I won and frankly now I don't really want to stick to that formula again.

Maybe I'll just pick a team-driver combination that I can feel kind of passionate about. Sure it's going to finish in the bottom half, but what the heck, it will at least be more exciting than watching paint dry (which was last year)

I think I will have to retire the "Mt Damavand" name though. That team is the champion, doesn't deserve to have it's name dragged through mud this year.

Quite in the interesting move, but I completely understand it. Last year I picked my team early before testing showed us much, and the team sucked. But this year my initial though was the same as yours. Just go Merc/Merc and pick what you can with the money left over. But there is just no challenge in that, and similar to you I don't want the dominance they had last year.

So I picked a team that covered several of the teams I hope will be near the top. And I hope I do good because the only way it will happen is if the podiums are a bit more mixed up than they were last year!

getrad
10th March 2015, 19:23
Team name: Four Lemona
Driver 1: Verstappen 7m
Driver 2: Raikkonen 10m
Driver Reserve: Jean-Eric Vergne 1m
Chassis: Mercedes 20m
Engine: McLaren-Honda 10m
Bonus GP: Austria

Totals 48m

Mia 01
10th March 2015, 20:02
Team name; Team Mia Witt & Tom Horn
D1: Kimi
D2: Hulkenberg
D3: Mia Witt
Chassis: Ferrari
Bonus: Spa

Firstgear
10th March 2015, 21:31

I've got money (well not money - just lunch) riding on this, so no room for sentiment in my picks. But after looking at ExtremeRevs team, I think I could have added quite a bit of sentiment and had a free lunch as well.

aryan
10th March 2015, 23:26
I've got money (well not money - just lunch) riding on this, so no room for sentiment in my picks. But after looking at ExtremeRevs team, I think I could have added quite a bit of sentiment and had a free lunch as well.

The existence of ExtreneRevs makes me very comfortable, knowing that I won't come last :D

N. Jones
12th March 2015, 01:24
It's Thursday and we have 26 teams.
This site is dying..... what is the point?

Tazio
12th March 2015, 01:31
My uncle Lazio wants to enter a team! :angel:

Robinho
12th March 2015, 04:48
Can I ask what will happen should van de garde replace either of the rostered sauber drivers, either for this race or part/whole season, or if they rotate the 3? It's not a simple reserve driver situation as it not the driver missing a race due to illness, injury or suspension . I would hope that anyone with Ericsson or Nasr would receive Van De Garde's points in any races he replaces the other 2 as it is an unknown at this point who the Sauber contracted drivers are/will be

steveaki13
12th March 2015, 07:42
Dying Like real F1 sadly

My fathers team which I hoped would suck :p
Nickaki13

Team name: Sinclair Single F1
First Driver: Felipe Massa - 16
Second Driver: Max Verstappen -7
Reserve Driver: Kevin Magnussen -1
Chassis: Williams - 16
Engine: Force India Mercedes - 8
Bonus: Brazil

Total: 48

getrad
12th March 2015, 19:07

This is my first year on the forum, so that's unfortunate to hear. How many teams are there normally?

steveaki13
12th March 2015, 21:32
This is my first year on the forum, so that's unfortunate to hear. How many teams are there normally?

35 odd teams last season

45 odd the season before

and more beyond that

vvvvv
12th March 2015, 22:59
※ Vivaldi Mercedes-Ferrari
Driver 1: Pastor Maldonado (#13) (£6 mln)
Driver 2: Nico Hülkenberg (#27) (£10 mln)
Reserve driver: Jean-Éric Vergne (#π) (£1 mln)
Chassis: Mercedes (£20 mln)
Engine: Ferrari (£11 mln)
Double points: UAE
Team budget: 48 mln
Main sponsor: Vivaldi browser (Technical preview)
https://www.vivaldi.com/buttons/files/230x50.png (https://www.vivaldi.com)

Press release:
In an unprecedented move Mercedes decided to switch it dominant power unit to one delivered by Ferrari. In even more shocking news, they decided to fire reigning champion Lewis Hamilton and replace him with Pastor Maldonado. “We’ve already proven that our car is the fastest” says team boss. “Now we want to prove it’s also the safest one and I’m sure that signing Pastor is the right decision.” The team’s second driver will be, no surprise here considering his nationality, Nico Hülkenberg. “Nico has a particularly strong record of not finishing on podium” team boss continues. “We hope he will display similar strong form with us and keep his record untarnished. We’ve already got lots of stuff labeled ‘Nico’ from the past years so I’m sure he will fit well within the team.”
He also gave us some reflections on the past season. “Fans complained about our domination. With current lineup we’ll try our best to stay away from any potential podium. We put our trust in Maldonado, that with his outstanding racecraft he will produce some amazing pile-ups to spice up the usually dull and boring races, that will be remembered for years.”
After being released by Scuderia Toro Rosso Jean-Éric Vergne found his new home as Mercedes’ reserve drive. “We don’t know how he got here” says engine department director. “He jumped out of one of the boxes with the engines. We were really surprised. It turns out Ferrari runs some kind of loyalty program and gives away free drivers with every engine. One of our mechanics mistook him for some lose part and attached him to the exhaust. It radically improved the sound but it didn’t pass the scrutineering, FIA considering him a movable aero device.”
During the presentation the team announced their new sponsor. Marketing director spoke to us about the new deal. “They don’t know they are sponsoring us. I hope they won’t notice until the end of season.”
With the beginning of new season lurking from the next corner, team boss gives his final message to the fans. “We can’t wait to hear the gentle whistles produced by our new turbo engine, so do our casual fans. Please give us thumbs up on assbook.com. It means more for us than any championship.”

rjbetty
12th March 2015, 23:55

We announce tonight that we are ready to make the announcement we announced previously, and announce an entry for FGP 2015 as follows:

FORD FOCUS F1 TEAM

Driver 1: Kimi Raikkonen = 10M
Driver 2: Manor 2/Roberto Merhi* = 4M
Chassis: Mercedes = 20M
Engine: Williams - Mercedes = 13M
Reserve Driver: Kevin Magnussen = 1M

=48M

Bonus GP: Spain

How does it work if Merhi does only 1 race? If you choose "Manor 2", does that include all drivers who fill that seat?

We need to check to see if no-one else has this combination. And yep! Truefan has the same team! It's SO unfair - WE wanted Australia as our bonus! Now we have to choose Spain instead (we hope to grab our first podium here, or even better...)

Our simulations show that Jens' and others' brave Merc-Merc-Rubbish drivers line-up should win the title. We REALLY want to go for that, but want to risk something slightly different to try and capitalise on a great invidual result somewhere. We really don't think Kimi will finish higher than 6th-8th in the WDC despite Ferrari's testing form, but we will still hire him as the bargain driver of 2015, having learned from our mistake of rejecting Ricciardo last season.

It should be a very close title fight indeed due to the narrow sensible choices available this year. :)

You may have noticed we have finally had enough of McLaren and dropped them from our line-up entirely. So obviously they will now come good at the Spanish GP and be clear 2nd best team from then on, :mad:

N. Jones
13th March 2015, 00:09
Can I ask what will happen should van de garde replace either of the rostered sauber drivers, either for this race or part/whole season, or if they rotate the 3? It's not a simple reserve driver situation as it not the driver missing a race due to illness, injury or suspension . I would hope that anyone with Ericsson or Nasr would receive Van De Garde's points in any races he replaces the other 2 as it is an unknown at this point who the Sauber contracted drivers are/will be

Giving Someone who chose Ericsson or Nasr the points van der Garde might score is unfair to everyone else.
If Sauber rotate all three then a FGP team will have to choose one.

I will say this:
Any team that choose a Sauber driver will get the chance to change ONLY to a different Sauber driver if they so choose. van der Garde will cost the same as Ericsson.

N. Jones
13th March 2015, 00:11

When I took over there were 80 entrants. It has gone steadily downhill since.

Robinho
13th March 2015, 00:15
Giving Someone who chose Ericsson or Nasr the points van der Garde might score is unfair to everyone else.
If Sauber rotate all three then a FGP team will have to choose one.

I will say this:
Any team that choose a Sauber driver will get the chance to change ONLY to a different Sauber driver if they so choose. van der Garde will cost the same as Ericsson.

When can we make that change? I've got Ericsson, if Sauber turn up with Nasr and Van De Garde I'd want to change, but they could change again between FP1 and race day

N. Jones
13th March 2015, 02:15
If we do not find out until qualifying who is racing I will allow a change to be made. I understand the uncertainty surrounding this.

aryan
13th March 2015, 03:01
When I took over there were 80 entrants. It has gone steadily downhill since.

Has nothing to do with you mate. It's just that these forums are dying.

This place used to be fun and informative. That's not how it is anymore. I used to be an active participant in all the threads, now I just come here for the FGP. Can't be bothered with the nasty personal attacks and shrill fanboys anymore.

I registered in 2004 and have taken part in FGP every year since. It used mean something to get top 10. Now, not so much. I totally understand if you can't be bothered running it anymore. You've kept it on life support all these years.

Tazio
13th March 2015, 03:21
※ Vivaldi Mercedes-Ferrari
Driver 1: Pastor Maldonado (#13) (£6 mln)
Driver 2: Nico Hülkenberg (#27) (£10 mln)
Reserve driver: Jean-Éric Vergne (#π) (£1 mln)
Chassis: Mercedes (£20 mln)
Engine: Ferrari (£11 mln)
Double points: UAE
Team budget: 48 mln
Main sponsor: Vivaldi browser (Technical preview)
https://www.vivaldi.com/buttons/files/230x50.png (https://www.vivaldi.com)

Press release:
In an unprecedented move Mercedes decided to switch it dominant power unit to one delivered by Ferrari. In even more shocking news, they decided to fire reigning champion Lewis Hamilton and replace him with Pastor Maldonado. “We’ve already proven that our car is the fastest” says team boss. “Now we want to prove it’s also the safest one and I’m sure that signing Pastor is the right decision.” The team’s second driver will be, no surprise here considering his nationality, Nico Hülkenberg. “Nico has a particularly strong record of not finishing on podium” team boss continues. “We hope he will display similar strong form with us and keep his record untarnished. We’ve already got lots of stuff labeled ‘Nico’ from the past years so I’m sure he will fit well within the team.”
He also gave us some reflections on the past season. “Fans complained about our domination. With current lineup we’ll try our best to stay away from any potential podium. We put our trust in Maldonado, that with his outstanding racecraft he will produce some amazing pile-ups to spice up the usually dull and boring races, that will be remembered for years.”
After being released by Scuderia Toro Rosso Jean-Éric Vergne found his new home as Mercedes’ reserve drive. “We don’t know how he got here” says engine department director. “He jumped out of one of the boxes with the engines. We were really surprised. It turns out Ferrari runs some kind of loyalty program and gives away free drivers with every engine. One of our mechanics mistook him for some lose part and attached him to the exhaust. It radically improved the sound but it didn’t pass the scrutineering, FIA considering him a movable aero device.”
During the presentation the team announced their new sponsor. Marketing director spoke to us about the new deal. “They don’t know they are sponsoring us. I hope they won’t notice until the end of season.”
With the beginning of new season lurking from the next corner, team boss gives his final message to the fans. “We can’t wait to hear the gentle whistles produced by our new turbo engine, so do our casual fans. Please give us thumbs up on assbook.com. It means more for us than any championship.”

What about Slash? :(

jens
13th March 2015, 12:47
Our simulations show that Jens' and others' brave Merc-Merc-Rubbish drivers line-up should win the title. We REALLY want to go for that, but want to risk something slightly different to try and capitalise on a great invidual result somewhere.

Underdog Jens GP Racing is glad to hear that the team is considered to be among the favourites for the season.

But team principal Jens wants to refute claims that they should be put to the pedestal already, even if the goals of the team are high.

"Basically it is still a high risk game we are playing. Keep in mind one thing - if Mercedes has a double retirement in one race, we are doomed. It is as simple as that. Of course as long as Merc are winning, we should be doing fine, but one double retirement could destroy our season."

"Last year Merc didn't have a double retirement. They had 16 wins, 2 second places, one third place. If they have such balance of results this year as well, we would be happy. But we fear a double DNF somewhere."

jens
13th March 2015, 12:53

26 teams? That's still more than we have cars on the real F1 grid! So it is not that bad yet.:)

N. Jones
13th March 2015, 16:08
LOL. Very true.

moto99
13th March 2015, 22:43
‘Save Internet Explorer’ Williams-Mercedes
Mercedes 20
Williams-Mercedes 13
Raikkonen 10
Stevens 4
Vergne 1
Austria
Total: 48mln

rjbetty
14th March 2015, 03:02
So we now have 28 teams? That's only 4 less than last year.

Tazio
14th March 2015, 03:28
My team is my will/Life :dork: :p: :angel:

N. Jones
14th March 2015, 14:18
That's it. Open Enrollment is closed.

Good luck everybody and let's have some fun!

steveaki13
14th March 2015, 18:22
TART (Twix Aki's Racing Team) hopes the 2015 FGP season will be a good one, and in true F1 style wishes all its rivals hideous luck and bad reliability. :p

Tazio
14th March 2015, 20:03
The FAM is starting on the back foot with McLaren and an RB pilota, but we have every expectation that we will be respected, and gained more influence before summer holiday! :o

On a a more serious note we've had to slap a restraining order on Slash, after he showed up at a team meal drunk and agitated. We thought we had the situation resolved to our satisfaction, however we were noit too terribly surprised when the word came to "headquarters" that the horses head we left in his bed was hideously disfigured with what had to be an extremely sharp object!:D

N. Jones
15th March 2015, 03:20
I am quite happy with Ferrari's performance!

COD
15th March 2015, 08:26
What a start for Force Finland, 1 driver out before the start, second also retired.

Tazio
15th March 2015, 09:02
I want to speak with moderator, pronto (and remove these consecutive posts)
Dawg, just click on edit then you can delete it yourself on the next screen mate.
You sound very angry! :crazy:

N. Jones
15th March 2015, 13:47
Half the league was ruined once Raikkonen went out.

vvvvv
15th March 2015, 15:19
What about Slash?
We wanted to keep it a secret but it somehow found a way to the media.
We’ll be organizing a private drag party before the Australian GP and Mr Slash will be one of our special guests. One of the main attractions will be a drag race using last years cars (hence the name drag party). The drags will be provided by our Wenezuelan driver Pastor Maldonado – his country being one of the leading producers of high quality drags. The tracks will be prepared by none other than Ross Brawn himself – and he will put the white lines in place personally. In use will be a special biodegradable powder to highlight the value our team puts to ecology. The event will be invitation only – closed to media and general public.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e6/Slash_live_in_Rome_by_Paride.jpg/250px-Slash_live_in_Rome_by_Paride.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slash_(musician))

(this press release was double checked for spelling mistakes but not grammatical ones, blame the unpaid Eastern European interns)

vvvvv
15th March 2015, 15:27
"※ Vivaldi Mercedes-Ferrari in legal trouble after contract dispute"
As it emerged yesterday, former Mercedes drivers, champion Lewis Hamilton and 2nd in the standings Nico Rosberg might be entitled for the drive during the upcoming season. Their lawyers claim their contracts are legal and binding and the team must give them the cars. We’ve tried to reach the aforementioned drivers for comment but they were unavailable. The team boss didn’t want to comment on the case either shouting to our reporter “You can prove nothing until you find bodies” and driving away. We reached to team’s PR representative for official statement. “We consider the case closed and deep buried” he stated. “Both drivers had performance clauses in their contracts which activated at the end of last season. They were released from their contracts with the last day of previous year. Our current drivers are Pastor and Nico and they will be representing our team during Australian GP.”

vvvvv
15th March 2015, 15:30
“Australian GP starts with huge controversy”
The new season started with huge controversy when ※ Vivaldi Mercedes-Ferrari team was denied access to the track. Our anonymous source says organizers did this because they feared another Mercedes domination. The team missed test sessions and qualifying but during the night mechanics cut the fence and placed the cars on the grid.
The team tried to contact the organizers before the race – but to no avail. “We read the FAQ, filled the contact form to administrations, send PM to organizers – tried every form of contact. Our every post on the forum was getting flagged ‘awaiting moderator approval’ - but never published. The head of our IT department managed to cheat our way to the forum and we were finally able to get some message” says the team. “In a desperate attempt our team manager went onto the track. He used a technique learned during his childhood – he went on the track and started jumping and screaming. To no avail – only one marshal told him to move to another corner because they had some work on this particular one, apparently not understanding the message.”
“We are a professional team and we expect the same from the organizers” says angry team manager. “Just before the race it turned out we hired Nico Hülkenberg and not Nico Rosberg. He came to us wearing a helmet with the name ‘Nico’ on it – and we haven’t noticed any difference. We wanted to replace him with Kimi Räikkönen – but were prevented by moderator, not authorizing our posts. The deadline passed and we’re not allowed any changes now. All the vodka jokes already ordered by the team will have to be poured down the storm drain. To add salt to the injury, Kimi was signed by rival Williams-Mercedes team just before the end of transfer period. It’s very unfortunate, because it motivated Nico to score good points, while Kimi scored retirement so sought by our team. The only highlight of the race is the brilliant performance of Maldonado. We were sure he wouldn’t disappoint – his first lap crash being the only highlight of the otherwise dull and boring race.”
“The morale within the team is currently very low” he continues. “We wanted to miss the upcoming Malaysian GP but our contract with the promoter obligates us to start in every GP. Our lawyers are currently closely examining the contract. Our board of directors will meet next Tuesday to discuss if there’s a future for our team in FGP.”
“Our lawyers already contacted the organizing body and are awaiting his response” team’s PR representative concludes.

N. Jones
15th March 2015, 21:53
Australian Grand Prix Results:

https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/results/australia

1 Top Step Racing 108
1 Bobby's Bits 108
3 Il ritorno di Sebastiano 102

This is also the overall standings.

anfield5
15th March 2015, 22:03
Awesome.

1 race in and I am dead last, 14 points away from second last.

The more things change - the more they stay the same :(

Tazio
16th March 2015, 01:02
The Fighting Anglo Mafia got it's ass kicked :p:

rjbetty
16th March 2015, 04:41

ROUND 1: Melbourne (which is in Australia)

We announce today we are hardly surprised to not be in the top 10 for this Grand Prix, as that is what we are well used to by now.

As usual, we were well beaten by Jens, and we were also led home by TART. However, 12th place represents a decent start.

Turns out, as per usual, we chose the wrong engine, believing Williams to be best of the rest, but sure enough, Ferrari lived up to the hype - every single time we go for a hyped team, they crash and burn. :mad:

However, we breathe an unbelievable sigh of relief as after much agonising, we dumped the McLaren-Honda engine. This decision has saved our season, though we're sure since we dumped them, this obviously means they will transform into the second best team before long!

We learned from previous seasons where we believed the sayings "fortune favours the brave" and "he who dares wins". We spent our first 2 seasons in the sport daring - and lost every time. :mad: So we went with the flow for 2015 and signed up bargain bin driver Kimi Raikkonen. At least we can reap some benefit of Ferrari's good form, except surprise surprise, he retired near the end, meaning a grand total of 0 pts from our lead driver.

Also, poor N.Jones Jr must be sad to see Kimi and Ferrari go well now, having persevered with them last year. :(

As for our 2nd driver, Roberto Merhi/whoever's in that seat, he didn't even take part, so a fat 0 there too - great start from our drivers!

At least we kept the Mercedes chassis - only a fool would get rid of that right now.

We are dismayed to get our 2nd driver choice wrong as we could have chosen Nasr. Those who had the foresight to take a Sauber driver look to be well rewarded with at least semi-regular points this year.

All in all, no title this year, but we are hoping to capitalise on our bonus GP in Spain, since no-one else seems to have chosen it, we hope to be unchallenged for an easy victory! Or at least, our first step onto the podium - We can't wait!

airshifter
16th March 2015, 12:10
Having gained huge influence on the governing body due to the crazy party antic during a bad season, back of the pack teams last year Team Loco Americano F1 and Team Mia Witt & Tom Horn have been allowed to enter two teams of the same name. At seasons end we will total our points and move up in the standings!

It is rumored that team boss Airshifter introduced Lotus development driver Carmen Jorda to race management during the off season, and the request for a second team was granted promptly following that event.

Seriously though, me and Mia have two teams!

airshifter
16th March 2015, 12:13
Turns out, as per usual, we chose the wrong engine, believing Williams to be best of the rest, but sure enough, Ferrari lived up to the hype - every single time we go for a hyped team, they crash and burn. :mad:

With Bottas out, I don't think we can really read too much into this first race. I chose the Williams powerplant as well, and have to admit that most of that decision was due to Bottas rather than Massa driving the car. I also covered that bet by having Kimi as a driver so I'll also get some of the Ferrari points.

N. Jones
16th March 2015, 17:01
As usual I cannot make it to the top half of the field. Just bad luck for my drivers (Kimi & Max) yesterday.
I'm happy about the Ferrari package though. They have a good pace to challenge for a podium (well, 3rd).

N. Jones
16th March 2015, 17:04

ROUND 1: Melbourne (which is in Australia)

We announce today we are hardly surprised to not be in the top 10 for this Grand Prix, as that is what we are well used to by now.

Also, poor N.Jones Jr must be sad to see Kimi and Ferrari go well now, having persevered with them last year. :(

"Junior" insisted on using the silver painted cars. I didn't want to stick him with Merc-Merc, and possibly two junk drivers (boy, did Sauber prove me wrong!) but maybe I should have... I know, McLaren is more gray than silver.

N. Jones
16th March 2015, 17:06
Kimi had bad luck in Oz, so I doubt this will be frequent.
Kimi being constantly behind Seb each race, now that is something I would count on!

jens
17th March 2015, 10:26
Press release

In hindsight Underdog Jens GP Racing is sad not to have used Australian GP as their bonus race, because #1 driver Ericsson scored points, which he is unlikely to do later in the season. An unlikely opportunity well-missed!

But compared to the rest of the field it is obviosuly a good start.

jens
17th March 2015, 16:17
Jens would like to ask the series organiser if they once again can add asterisk to the team, who has already had a bonus race.

"We may be sixth in the championship standings, but we are still slightly confused about our overall position since a few teams above us have already had their bonus race," comments team principal Jens on the needed addition.

N. Jones
17th March 2015, 22:49
Yep. I just forgot to do so, Thanks!

N. Jones
17th March 2015, 22:53
Didn't anybody notice that there are 32 teams in the standings and only 30 teams in the Teams list?

Two teams got duplicated, which I will fix tonight.

airshifter
18th March 2015, 04:23
Didn't anybody notice that there are 32 teams in the standings and only 30 teams in the Teams list?

Two teams got duplicated, which I will fix tonight.

I did, and pointed it out in post #124. I figured you just got so used to me and Mia having teams that sucked last year that you formed second bad teams for us at the back of the field!

Having gained huge influence on the governing body due to the crazy party antic during a bad season, back of the pack teams last year Team Loco Americano F1 and Team Mia Witt & Tom Horn have been allowed to enter two teams of the same name. At seasons end we will total our points and move up in the standings!

It is rumored that team boss Airshifter introduced Lotus development driver Carmen Jorda to race management during the off season, and the request for a second team was granted promptly following that event.

Seriously though, me and Mia have two teams!

Google some photos of Carmen before you make the change. You might want to let me keep two teams. :)

steveaki13
18th March 2015, 11:53
So after Round 1 the Twix Aki's Racing Team is pleased to review our team after the first race.

Kimi Raikkonen - We are very pleased to have Kimi on board for 2015 and were very pleased with his speed and ice cream in take. However we are ready to fire the mechanic who did not put his wheel on properly. :mad: Otherwise our decent weekend could have been even better.

Marcus Ericcson - Viewed by many to be unable to drive a nail into a piece of wood, we were pleased with Marcus adding points to the teams total early in this season. Already scoring more than our second drivers of the last two seasons. Bottas & Maldonado. We hope 14 cars start more often if this helps the team.

Ferrari - We are delighted that Ferrari seem to have designed a real decent chassis for 2015 and but for Kimi's unfortunate retirement we could have been in the top 5.

Mercedes - The Merc Engine is again legendary and should rake in the points for 2015. Nothing can be said against it.

Overall a good weekend for the team.

A quote from team boss Steveaki13

"We were pretty happy with the pace shown by the team this weekend. Kimi is heart broken that his ice cream freezer broke down, but also a bit fed up with the mechanic leaving his wheel off. Marcus has settled in well and added points. We look forward to the season and are happy to be in the top 10 after Round 1. "

N. Jones
19th March 2015, 02:09
Fixed:
https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/results/-00-standings

rjbetty
19th March 2015, 07:26
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb335/rjbetty/FGP%202015_zpsuichzmru.jpg (http://s1200.photobucket.com/user/rjbetty/media/FGP%202015_zpsuichzmru.jpg.html)

jens
20th March 2015, 12:51
So now there are two kinds of standings - rjbetty and N.Jones point systems.:p:

N. Jones
20th March 2015, 13:36
Since it looks like the German GP is not going to happen, anyone who choose that GP has the option to change it.

vvvvv
22nd March 2015, 19:05
“Australian GP results unofficial as protest fly”
The results of Australian GP remains unofficial as ※ Vivaldi Mercedes-Ferrari lodged a protest.
“The full name of our team is ‘※ Vivaldi Mercedes-Ferrari’” says team boss. “‘※ Vivaldi Mercedes-Ferrari’ without the ‘※’ is like ‘Formula 1’ without the ‘1’. It’s important part of our identity. They’ve been sponsoring us for a long time. What happened is really scandalous.
We request the name of the team to be displayed correctly and the results of the race to be annulled. We can prove that Maldonado’s crash was caused by improper display of team’s name.”
※, a leading Internet company, is a subsidiary of Unicode Group.

Tazio
22nd March 2015, 21:24
N. Jones does a very good job providing and maintaining this little competition. Be thankful for that or....split dawg!
:sailor: sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry :angel:

vvvvv
23rd March 2015, 00:17
he's doing a very good job
but he's very poor in responding PMs (no response at all)
also moderators here seems really unwilling to help (I couldn't post for a few days and got no help whatsoever - and because of that couldn't fire Nico before the start of the season)

my bad signing Horner as team boss :( I knew Briatore would be better
nothing personal against N. Jones - I'm striking at his (governing) body ;)
I just find it more fun responding with full articles ;)
if he's not happy I can stop
I'm here for fun - not results, as you can see by bulding the team around Maldonado :)

split? well, I might threaten to split and create my own championship ;)
do we have FOTA here?

Tazio
23rd March 2015, 02:18
Just messing with you bro! Hang, don't split, N Jones can speak for himself at any rate :dog:

vvvvv
23rd March 2015, 10:23
“※ Vivaldi Mercedes-Ferrari takes legal action against FGP”
After a troubled start to the season ※ Vivaldi Mercedes-Ferrari decided to go to the court. The team boss explains:
“We were prevented from changing our driver, the team was denied access to the track and forum before the first race of the season and to top it all the team’s name was displayed incorrectly. We were completely ignored with no PM answered.
We demand formal apology from the governing body, removing moderator responsible from his job, €10 000 000 for repairs of Maldonado’s car and €100 000 000 to FORD CH (Formula One Retired Drivers Care House).”

vvvvv
23rd March 2015, 11:59
I'm armed with van der Garde's lawyers and won't hesitate to use them ;)

Mia 01
23rd March 2015, 13:05
As for me I´m grateful that N. Jones arranged this competition.

My team are dead last as usual.

anfield5
23rd March 2015, 20:20
As for me I´m grateful that N. Jones arranged this competition.

My team are dead last as usual.

Hate to rain on your parade my friend, but I think you will find that I am dead last with 4 hard earned points. Less than a quarter of the amount of second last and 104 points away from the leaders. You on the other hand are a solid second last.

If you want to mess with dead last you are going to have to try really, really, really hard to be suckingly aweful, it is not as easy as simply showing up and not competing!! It takes dedicated adherence to failure and mediocrity over a period of many long lonely years

Mia 01
23rd March 2015, 20:28
Sorry anfield5, missed that. But next round we will see who gots the longer stick. I to got some education, lurking around at the bottom for many years now.

anfield5
23rd March 2015, 21:58
Sorry anfield5, missed that. But next round we will see who gots the longer stick. I to got some education, lurking around at the bottom for many years now.

This sounds like WAR :D

N. Jones
23rd March 2015, 23:38
I'm armed with van der Garde's lawyers and won't hesitate to use them ;)

Keep this up and we may have to "have a talk" :p

vvvvv
24th March 2015, 00:35
I take correcting my team's name on entry list as a sign of good will - but on standings it's still wrong

but I've just noticed that you've listed Maldonado as a #2 driver :shock: - what a blasphemy, he's been my lead driver from the start
that will be a lenghty legal battle ;)

Rollo
24th March 2015, 01:18
This sounds like WAR :D

Wartburg Automobilwerk Racing?

Fun fact:
The two-stroke engines in Wartburgs from 1956-1988 only had seven moving parts: three pistons, three connecting rods and the crankshaft.

East German Engineering, YEAH!

jens
24th March 2015, 15:36
Underdog Jens GP Racing says that if ※ Vivaldi Mercedes-Ferrari decides to kick-start a ※ Breakaway Series, ※ Jens GP Racing would also consider participating in this series, provided Company named ※ supports us a little bit to go racing in the ※ Breakaway series led by ※ Vivaldi.

However, Underdog Jens GP Racing also continues in FGP, and plans to participate in both series were such an opportunity to arise. However, we would need some further sponsorship assistance to manage that.

Rica
24th March 2015, 21:16
Since it looks like the German GP is not going to happen, anyone who choose that GP has the option to change it.
Please revise my bonus from Germany to Canada

Thanx

N. Jones
25th March 2015, 02:21
Please revise my bonus from Germany to Canada

Thanx

Will Do.

Prancing Horse
25th March 2015, 02:22
I want the British GP instead of Germany.

vvvvv
27th March 2015, 18:20
Breakaway Series
It will be a great series – addressing all the current problems, like:
- fans complaining about the engine sound – the new series will be run using electric engines so we won’t hear complaints that the sound is bad
- one team domination – all cars will be completely identical, drivers even won’t be permitted to change settings
- predictability of results – before every race there will be an official draw (live on TV) during which the drivers will learn for which team they will drive the next day.
The winner will be the driver who saves the most energy during the race and will be awarded 100 points. Points will be awarded to all teams, so no one will feel sad. (There was proposal to introduce the medal system but it’s cheaper to give points and one medal at the end of season for the overall winner than to give medals on every GP.)
The new series will be created with the fans in mind. It will be centered around our precious paying fans and will allow them to be part of the action. The official race winner will be declared by facebook voting - this way we’ll always have popular champion that majority of the fans like.
All teams entering the new championship will be given 1 000 000 likes on facebook as a form of support.
Anyone else wants to join?

Also my team’s official name isn’t written in bold :vader: (unless you want to highlight it in the text).

N. Jones
27th March 2015, 21:55
I want the British GP instead of Germany.

Done.

vvvvv
28th March 2015, 01:52
@N. Jones
for the good name of the sport I propose formal apology from the governing body for preventing my team from entering the track and payment of undisclosed sum of money ;)

Tazio
28th March 2015, 06:22
[QUOTE=vvvvv;1046325]@N. Jones
for the good name of the sport I propose formal apology from the governing body for preventing my team from entering the track and payment of undisclosed sum of money ;)[/QUOUTE]
You will get spanked dawg ::mark:

vvvvv
28th March 2015, 12:00
“Teams unite for the good of the sport”
After controversial start to the season there were voices there was a need for creating a team's association. Yesterday, under the lead of ※ Vivaldi Mercedes-Ferrari, the FTA (FGP Teams Association) was born.
“There are quick actions needed to prevent our beautiful sport from destruction. We need to unite to oppose the greedy soulless governing body” says ※ Vivaldi Mercedes-Ferrari team boss. “Creating such association is very important for small team like us who stand no chance against such huge behemoth.
The main objective of our work group will be drinking and having fun. Our team already has a huge warehouse full of vodka from the aborted attempt to sign Kimi.”

N. Jones
28th March 2015, 19:48
@N. Jones
for the good name of the sport I propose formal apology from the governing body for preventing my team from entering the track and payment of undisclosed sum of money ;)

Nothing happens "for the good of the sport". Don't you watch F1?

vvvvv
29th March 2015, 12:29
Has the season already started? :confused:
I prefer WRC - it's more sebastian than F1 :p

N. Jones
29th March 2015, 17:40
Malaysian Grand Prix Results:

https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/results/malaysia

1 POSF1 Sponsored by Lionel(!) 64
1 Red Passion Team 64
3 HennersF1 Racing 55

N. Jones
29th March 2015, 17:46
Overall Standings:

1 Il ritorno di Sebastiano 156
2 Bobby's Bits 144
2 Top Step Racing 144
4 Team Truspeed 113
5 Victoria Bitter's Mt Gambier Boganwagon F1 Team 108
6 HennersF1 Racing 102
6 Twix's Aki's Racing Team 102
8 POSF1 Sponsored by Lionel 100
9 Red Passion Team 97
10 Vivaldi Mercedes-Ferrari 92

airshifter
29th March 2015, 18:06

1 Red Passion Team 64
3 HennersF1 Racing 55

This day should be noted in history.

POSF1 Sponsored by Lionel was the FGP race winner!

Team Mia Witt and Tom Horn also showed a strong race and change in form to finish 6th in this race!

With no teams picking Malaysia as their bonus GP, there was still a 64 point spread in finishing positions. It looks like the "sure thing" Mercedes/Mercedes combination might be up in the air.

Good win N. Jones, and about time! :laugh:

N. Jones
29th March 2015, 18:15
:laugh:

This win goes out to all of YOU who poo-poo'ed picking Ferrari this year.
Last season, they sucked, we sucked, but we stuck together and made it work.

Ya-hoo!!! :D

steveaki13
29th March 2015, 18:27

1 Red Passion Team 64
3 HennersF1 Racing 55
3 Twix Aki's Racing Team 55

Fixed. I resent being left off the podium above. :mad:

airshifter
29th March 2015, 18:33
:laugh:

This win goes out to all of YOU who poo-poo'ed picking Ferrari this year.
Last season, they sucked, we sucked, but we stuck together and made it work.

Ya-hoo!!! :D

I strongly considered having Ferrari on my team, but passed it up since Kimi was such a deal and still driving in the Ferrari. Although I've been critical of their recent management bungles, I consider myself borderline Tifosi and have great respect for their passion.

And if their form continues, even though it would likely destroy any chances of me reaching an FGP top 10, I'll enjoy you and the others with Ferrari teams talking smack! And I'll enjoy it even more that those with double Mercedes picks have to pick up their jaws!

And even if things change and Mercedes return to dominance, Taz will be giving everyone on the forum $1000 if that pig of a car called the McLaren doesn't make it to the podium! :) Oink, oink, Tazzy.... not even Fred will be able to podium in that thing!

pino
29th March 2015, 19:00

1 Red Passion Team 64
3 HennersF1 Racing 55

Finally a 1st place !!! :bounce:

Thanks Ferrari, thanks Vettel, thanks Kimi, and thanks to amazing kid Verstappen ! :D

rjbetty
29th March 2015, 19:53

We report today on the Malaise-ian GP where we scored a decent result of 8th. To go with our 12th place in Melbourne we currently sit 14th in the standings - and already a long way off the championship lead. *sigh*

As we recover from the shock of a Sebby and Ferrari win on merit(!), those of us who chose Kimi can but wonder what he might have done given a clean weekend. As it was, 4th matched his best result of last season and we look forward to Kimi mumbling his way to his own win soon.

We banked on a Williams engine this year, and while they are solidly 3rd best team for now, clearly we have once again made the wrong choice!

Burnt twice by believing McLaren hype in our first 2 seasons, we were sceptical of Ferrari's testing pace, so passed up the chance to sign them even though they were cheaper. So guess what? Yup, the one time I DON'T follow the hype, they turn out to be the revelation of the season!

To make matters worse, McLaren made a lot of improvement. At this rate, they could overtake Williams by Spain - and having persevered with them so long!!

All this means we are set for a long season of midfield adequacy while others get all the success. (jealous) :(

We remain winless and podiumless into our 3rd season of FGP. We look forward to breaking those ducks soon. The big news today is that perennial loser and FGP laughing stock N.Jones caused the biggest shock in FGP history by winning the race - meaning he's gotten a win before us. And even Steve's dad got a podium in Singapore last year, while we still wait for a top 3 finish.

Our main hope to salvage some dignity in this season is our bonus GP in Spain. It doesn't look like many people have chosen this, so we have a good chance to claim our objective of a top 3 here. Therefore you would probably do well to put money on Kimi retiring and Williams being nowhere. :mad:

Also, thank you again to Mr Jones for organising the championship. We would just like to point out that "Team Mia Witt & Tom Horn" and "Team Loco Americano F1" are still listed twice for the Australian GP, and to cheekily point out, Ron Dennis style, that "Force Finland" got spelt wrong. :D

Well done all, we congratulate you on your success (through gritted teeth).

gm99
29th March 2015, 19:54
Overall Standings:

1 Il ritorno di Sebastiano 156

How very apt for a team of that name to be leading after this week-end :)

Mia 01
29th March 2015, 20:49
As team owner I´m very happy today. We are used to finish at the bottom but todays result is as a win for us!!

vvvvv
29th March 2015, 21:11
Vivaldi Mercedes-Ferrari
:mad:

vvvvv
29th March 2015, 21:11
“Great race win for Ferrari powered Mercedes”
The new Mercedes-Ferrari combination is proving quite potent this season, with comfortable win during Malaysian GP. The engine crossed the line first, with chassis following closely behind.
“It’s a bizarre situation” says team boss. “One of our mechanics mistakenly put the engine in the front instead in the back. It slightly affected handling of the car and tire wear. It made no difference for the points scored [the new scoring system introduced this season allows both chassis and engine to score points] but it might have confused some of our casual fans.
We’re very pleased with winning this race. Unfortunately our drivers couldn’t catch up with the car and it cost us a significant number of point.”

N. Jones
29th March 2015, 23:24
Fixed. I resent being left off the podium above. :mad:

There's no room for you. :P

N. Jones
29th March 2015, 23:36

We remain winless and podiumless into our 3rd season of FGP. We look forward to breaking those ducks soon. The big news today is that perennial loser and FGP laughing stock N.Jones caused the biggest shock in FGP history by winning the race - meaning he's gotten a win before us.

That's right, baby, the Minardi of FGP won a race!!!

steveaki13
29th March 2015, 23:44
There's no room for you. :P

:p

jens
30th March 2015, 00:08
Underdog Jens GP Racing press release

Team principal Jens claims that Malaysian Grand Prix basically means their season is down the drain. "With the package we have chosen, basically we gambled it all in Mercedes basket, which means we banked on them winning all races this year. In fact it was the only option. If Mercedes showed any weakness, we knew our season would be down the drain. As it is, they have lost and we have lost. We have no alternative strength apart from Mercedes!"

"But that's why we are underdogs. It is all or nothing! Maybe if Mercedes puts in a string of 5 consecutive race wins again, we could bounce back into top 10 again. But it will be hard to compete against packages, who have got Mercedes, Ferrari, and Räikkönen included in a single team."

anfield5
30th March 2015, 00:56
I blame Honda. They are the treason we have finished last... again. Yes we were better this time than in Melbourne, and if we keep closing the gap by 1.5 seconds per race we will be on pole by the start of the European season.

Rollo
30th March 2015, 01:04
Flying Yorkie Zakspeed Express: Team Statement

We regret to inform investors that we misread some key clauses in our suppliers contracts and this has led to poor results.
Specifically we read a document as:
McLaren Technology Centre, Working, Sunday; when we should have read it as McLaren Technology Centre, Woking, Surrey.
Clearly this is not the case as McLaren chassis do not work on Sunday or on any other day of the week.

Firstgear
30th March 2015, 01:32
Congrats to all those who were silly enough to go way out on a limb and take Ferrari. I think today was just a bit of an anomaly, but I agree with Rosberg that it's nice to have another team fighting up front.

N Jones - I think there are errors (at least one) in the scoring. "Team Name" has MercedesX2 and Ericsson just as I do, but only has 36 points in the overall standings. This can't be right.

N. Jones
30th March 2015, 01:43
Mercedes were second. 18 points for engine and team-engine would be 36 points.

Koz
30th March 2015, 03:47
Why did I change my team?!!!
I feel almost as bad as Alonso right now!

Firstgear
30th March 2015, 16:44
Mercedes were second. 18 points for engine and team-engine would be 36 points.
Yes, but it shows 36 points in the overall standings. Looks like the points for Australia are missing in the overall standings.

N. Jones
31st March 2015, 03:13
Oh, gotchya...

N. Jones
31st March 2015, 03:16
Fixed:

N. Jones
12th April 2015, 17:37
Chinese Grand Prix results:

https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/results/bahrain-1

1 HennersF1 Racing 56
1 Twix's Aki's Racing Team 56
3 Chatter Ham 52
3 Team 137 52
3 Team Loco Americano F1 52
3 Lion in the West 52
3 FORD FOCUS F1 TEAM 52
3 ‘Save Internet Explorer’ Williams-Mercedes 52

N. Jones
12th April 2015, 17:41
Overall Standings:

1 Il ritorno di Sebastiano 199
2 Bobby's Bits 195
2 Top Step Racing 195
4 Team Truspeed 159
5 HennersF1 Racing 158
5 Twix's Aki's Racing Team 158
7 Victoria Bitter's Mt Gambier Boganwagon F1 Team 150
8 POSF1 Sponsored by Lionel 148
9 Red Passion Team 142
10 LAKKA 141
10 Team Name 141
10 Underdog Jens GP Racing 141

pino
12th April 2015, 17:53
Bad luck, that Verstappen had to retire, with only 3 laps to go ! I could have won this :p:

rjbetty
12th April 2015, 18:15

Round 3: Chinese GP

We bring an announcement regarding the recent Chinese GP. With Mercedes winning, Kimi coming 4th and Williams as 3rd best engine, these factors have conspired to place us... IN THIRD FOR OUR FIRST PODIUM EVER!! YAY!!!

However, there was controversy during the podium ceremony as it seemed we had to share the podium with 7 other people, including 6 on our step and no-one on the 2nd place step. We found it very difficult to bunch up with the others and try not to fall off the step during the entire ceremony. The officials had a problem trying to give 3rd place trophies to all of us as there was only one available, causing the 6 of us to fight over who got to take it. We have agreed that the trophy is to be cut up into 6 equal pieces, though we are delighted we get to take a piece of podium trophy back to proudly put on display at our team base.

Strangely, we have dropped a place in the overall standings to 13th but seem fairly well in the mix. We look slightly stronger than last year due to our copout policy of now making more 'mainstream' and conventional choices for our line-up this year i.e. no more pie-in-the-sky gambling on McLaren (who will probably make a big leap by Spain).

It doesn't look like we will beat Aki or Jens' teams though since those smartypants chose better than us again. :(

Tazio
12th April 2015, 19:35
Well it looks like I'm in a race for the bottom. What the heck was I thinking? :confused:

pino
12th April 2015, 19:37
Me choosing Lotus Renault, what was I thinking ! :mad:

getrad
12th April 2015, 20:17
Ha, I'd be doing sooo much better if my team could just finish more races. At least my sinking ship isn't lonely :)

N. Jones
12th April 2015, 20:19
WHOSE in 8th overall?????????????????????

ME, THAT'S WHO! bwhahahahahahahaha!
Who had faith in Ferrari for the second year in a row? Who is reaping the benefits?

Oh Yeah, ME!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYY!

pino
12th April 2015, 20:32
9th overall me ! ;)

anfield5
12th April 2015, 22:05
YE HAAAAA off the bottom of the table :) :) :D

truefan72
12th April 2015, 22:42
maldonado cost me a double points finish for my drivers.
but at least i collected some points from grosjean for my first in the drivers category for the year :)

but it is encouaging and the car looks like it might be in the top 10 on a regular basis
hopefully more to come in bahrain

steveaki13
12th April 2015, 23:36
Twix's Aki Racing Team announcement

The team is delighted with its first win in FGP of 2015. Second victory overall after one in its debut season in 2012.

The team have been pulling together and results have shown. A victory along with Henners means the team is 5th in the World Championship. Its been a great start.

Congrats to the Ford Focus team too for its first ever podium.

jens
14th April 2015, 11:07

It doesn't look like we will beat Aki or Jens' teams though since those smartypants chose better than us again. :(

Underdog Jens GP Racing isn't too happy with the state of affairs though. It looks like even if Mercedes is winning, Ferrari + Räikkönen combo, whoever have chosen it, is a genuine match to the Mercs and can even outscore us. Plus Mercedes not winning in Malaysia put a huge dent on our season, because we expected to win all races this year!

At least Ericsson has got some points, this is clearly above expectations so far.:p:

airshifter
14th April 2015, 15:56
Underdog Jens GP Racing isn't too happy with the state of affairs though. It looks like even if Mercedes is winning, Ferrari + Räikkönen combo, whoever have chosen it, is a genuine match to the Mercs and can even outscore us. Plus Mercedes not winning in Malaysia put a huge dent on our season, because we expected to win all races this year!

At least Ericsson has got some points, this is clearly above expectations so far.:p:

If the Ferrari's and Kimi keep it up, it is possible something other than the Mercedes/Mercedes combo could come out on top. But the season is far from over, and at this point it looks like the FGP season might have a lot of varied results!

vvvvv
19th April 2015, 01:48
"Mercedes wins, again"
Mercedes team scored another dominant win during Chinese GP, however not without a last minute drama. The team was on course for a podium lockout when leading Mercedes GT S steered into the pit lane on the last lap with the finish lane in sight. The two Mercedes’ cars remaining on track finished in 1st and 2nd position.
After the race rumours appeared that the leading car might have actually been ordered to drive off the track to secure the double win for the new state of the art Mercedeses W06, the team boss not being keen on seeing less advanced GT S crossing the finish lane first.

airshifter
20th April 2015, 02:33

Round 3: Chinese GP

We bring an announcement regarding the recent Chinese GP. With Mercedes winning, Kimi coming 4th and Williams as 3rd best engine, these factors have conspired to place us... IN THIRD FOR OUR FIRST PODIUM EVER!! YAY!!!

However, there was controversy during the podium ceremony as it seemed we had to share the podium with 7 other people, including 6 on our step and no-one on the 2nd place step. We found it very difficult to bunch up with the others and try not to fall off the step during the entire ceremony. The officials had a problem trying to give 3rd place trophies to all of us as there was only one available, causing the 6 of us to fight over who got to take it. We have agreed that the trophy is to be cut up into 6 equal pieces, though we are delighted we get to take a piece of podium trophy back to proudly put on display at our team base.

Strangely, we have dropped a place in the overall standings to 13th but seem fairly well in the mix. We look slightly stronger than last year due to our copout policy of now making more 'mainstream' and conventional choices for our line-up this year i.e. no more pie-in-the-sky gambling on McLaren (who will probably make a big leap by Spain).

Being several of us had the same teams with the exception of the bonus GP, I had to look and see if anyone picked this race. Nobody did. Which is a shame, because all of us are going to score really good at Bahrain. :)

N. Jones
20th April 2015, 03:05
Bahrain Grand Prix Results:

https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/results/china

1 HennersF1 Racing 62
1 Twix's Aki's Racing Team 62
3 Chatter Ham 59
3 Team 137 59
3 Team Loco Americano F1 59
3 Lion in the West 59
3 FORD FOCUS F1 TEAM 59
3 ‘Save Internet Explorer’ Williams-Mercedes 59

N. Jones
20th April 2015, 03:08
Overall Standings:

1 Bobby's Bits 245
1 Top Step Racing 245
3 Il ritorno di Sebastiano 235
4 HennersF1 Racing 220
4 Twix's Aki's Racing Team 220
6 POSF1 Sponsored by Lionel 205
6 Team Truspeed 205
8 Victoria Bitter's Mt Gambier Boganwagon F1 Team 199
9 ‘Save Internet Explorer’ Williams-Mercedes 196
9 Chatter Ham 196
9 FORD FOCUS F1 TEAM 196
9 Lion in the West 196
9 Team 137 196
9 Team Loco Americano F1 196

steveaki13
20th April 2015, 07:43
Twix's Aki Racing Team is delighted to have won its second race in a row and moves into 4th in the Championship.

The team is enjoying a stunning start to the season. With the same line up as Henners F1, we await the bonus rounds with interest. This being the only thing that can split these two.

Mia 01
20th April 2015, 09:53
For the first time since our start we picked up the last Point. It wont be our last this season!!

vvvvv
20th April 2015, 10:16
“Team not happy with Maldonado’s pointless finish”
After running in top 10 during the race Pastor Maldonado again failed to score any point, for the 4th time during this season (from 4 starts, including 3 consecutive retirements in previous rounds). However his team is not pleased with the result.
“His objective was clear this season” team boss explains. “Keep on the back of the grid and cause some spectacular pile-ups to spice up the boring races. And he hasn’t delivered. He hasn’t crashed into any notable driver, hasn’t disrupted fight for the win. Even more, he allowed former champion Jenson Button to crash him out of the previous race. And today he simply finished outside the points. He showed absolutely nothing, driving a clean race. Even worse, he was heading for a strong top 10 finish – luckily some mechanical fault hampered his progress. We expect to have a serious talk with him before the next race.”
However he insists Maldonado has full team’s support. “We all know it’s difficult to join the new team and start crashing right off the bat” he says. “But overshooting pit entry during last race in China was promising. We hope he will unlock his potential during next race in Barcelona. He already won there, so he won’t feel pressure to win there again.”

vvvvv
20th April 2015, 10:18
‘pointless’ has a double meaning ;)

N. Jones
20th April 2015, 15:46
Sooooooooooo happy I stuck with Ferrari!

vvvvv
20th April 2015, 22:28
Sooooooooooo angry I'm stuck with Nico! (angry at moderators/admins responsible)
But I'm happy with Maldonado as my lead :)

jens
22nd April 2015, 20:22
Underdog Jens GP Racing faces the danger of finishing midfield this year. "The all-Mercedes gamble is not working out", says team principal Jens. "But when we signed this deal, we knew it is all or nothing and we are underdogs."

N. Jones
22nd April 2015, 23:32
That means you'll be lower than me!
Feel the burn.

Robinho
23rd April 2015, 04:43
Underdog Jens GP Racing faces the danger of finishing midfield this year. "The all-Mercedes gamble is not working out", says team principal Jens. "But when we signed this deal, we knew it is all or nothing and we are underdogs."

I'm all Mercedes and I'm top at the moment, so what have you down wrong, site I've used my bonus already, but can't see why you shouldn't be mixing it at the sharp end?

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

jens
23rd April 2015, 21:16
I'm all Mercedes and I'm top at the moment, so what have you down wrong, site I've used my bonus already, but can't see why you shouldn't be mixing it at the sharp end?

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

I think most of the teams haven't had bonus race yet and you are leading by the virtue of bonus race mainly. Right now in front of me there are plenty of teams, who haven't had bonus race either, so the bonus is not going to help me much as they'll get one too.

N. Jones
28th April 2015, 19:52
Pretty much.
This is going to be an interesting season FGP wise due to how the Ferrari's are doing.

vvvvv
3rd May 2015, 15:37
now that we established FTA wonna boycott some GP? :D

vvvvv
3rd May 2015, 15:39
“FTA shows its power”
After recent disagreements with the governing body all teams unanimously decided to boycott the German GP. It’s without a precedent, as never in the history of F1 was a GP canceled due to teams’ boycott.
It means that for the first time since 1960 there will be no GP held in Germany in the calendar.

vvvvv
3rd May 2015, 15:39
I feel sorry for the fans, but actions were needed

vvvvv
5th May 2015, 23:44
Monza will be next :vader:

vvvvv
7th May 2015, 09:06
“Will Nicogate plunge ※ Vivaldi Mercedes-Ferrari?”
Recently a man appeared claiming to being Nico Rosberg and requesting his toothbrush back from ※ Vivaldi Mercedes-Ferrari. The team hasn’t released any official comments but we asked team’s second driver Nico Hülkenberg. “It’s mine” says the other Nico. “It has my name written on it. See, there’s ‘Nico’ written on it. It’s mine” he shouts and starts sobbing. Our inside source claims the toothbrush in question was in use by the team since 2010.
We’ll keep you updated how this fascinating story develops with daily reports until the next boring race in Barcelona.

N. Jones
10th May 2015, 19:07
Spanish GP Results:

https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/results/spain

1 Underdog Jens GP Racing 100
1 FORD FOCUS F1 TEAM 100
3 HennersF1 Racing 53
3 Twix's Aki's Racing Team 53

N. Jones
10th May 2015, 19:14
Overall Standings:

1 FORD FOCUS F1 TEAM 296
2 Bobby's Bits 295
2 Top Step Racing 295
4 Underdog Jens GP Racing 291
5 HennersF1 Racing 273
5 Twix's Aki's Racing Team 273
7 Il ritorno di Sebastiano 272
8 POSF1 Sponsored by Lionel 252
9 Team Truspeed 249
10 ‘Save Internet Explorer’ Williams-Mercedes 246
10 Chatter Ham 246
10 Lion in the West 246
10 Team 137 246
10 Team Loco Americano F1 246

steveaki13
10th May 2015, 22:10
Another podium for Twix Aki's Racing Team means a strong 5th in the World Championship without using a bonus race yet.

The team would like to offer congratulations to Ford Focus Team and Jens GP for a fine win.

steveaki13
10th May 2015, 22:16
TART (Twix Aki's Racing Team) is celebrating a strong start to the 2015 FGP season.

After 5 Rounds, with no bonus taken yet the team are 5th in the Championship after securing two wins and two podiums in the five races.

truefan72
10th May 2015, 23:26
still hanging on to a top 10 spot.
My, how our fortunes would be different if the lotus drivers could finish in the points, sigh :(

N. Jones
11th May 2015, 01:25
POS F1 is so overjoyed to be in the top ten that we aren't even going to complain about out driver lineup!

rjbetty
11th May 2015, 10:22

We issue a press release on the latest round of the 2015 FGP season; Round 5, the Spanish GP.

*Looks at results, does double take*

Joy of Joys! We are pinching ourselves at the realisation that we have actually managed to not be mediocre for a change, and not only that, but at the 43rd time of asking we have finally WON our first ever GP! What's more, we actually get to stand on half a step this time, and enjoy much more room on the podium, as well as actually getting to take home half a trophy this time!

We would like to throw a party to celebrate this most auspicious of occasions.

Team boss rjbetty had this to say:

"We could not have imagined our season would so far have gone so well. Especially since once again, we backed the wrong engine in choosing Williams instead of Ferrari (where for once Ferrari's testing form was real - just as we stopped believing it re:2011, 2013!).

"This fully vindicates our decision to unceremoniously dump McLaren from our line-up after years of being held back and being a laughing stock. What a difference a season makes."

"We had found out the hard way what a load of tosh the saying "fortune favours the brave" is, and are now reaping the rewards of more conventional choices for our line up this year, having been a very silly billy indeed in our first two seasons."

The team principal also extended congratulations to other friendly rivals in the field. He continued:

"It's another win for Jens, who has really been building up his trophy cabinet in recent times. We watch with interest to see how his Mercedes-or-nothing strategy works out"

and also offered this to say to long time rival Twix's Aki's Racing Team

"We've come a long way eh Steve?"

"Two seasons ago, we were both battling at the back, absolute donkeys and an embarrassment, and always seem to be in pretty close company as we have climbed the field each year. Only thing is, we must fight for our honour and beat him to make it best of 3 this year"

Having gone our first 40 races without a podium, we now have 3 in a row! All this means, incredibly, we are leading the championship! Beggars belief really, good times indeed.

We are aware though, that our bonus race has been used, and only 50pts separates 1st to 10th. But it does seem that after a reasonably solid start, we are right up there.

Once again, we speak for all teams in thanking N.Jones for running the championship and doing a much better job than Bernie.

#Good times

vvvvv
14th May 2015, 19:17
“Manor 2 linked with possible Mercedes drive”
After showing strong form during preseason testing young promising driver Manor 2 was set to make his Formula 1 debut in Australia with Manor Marussia F1 Team. Everyone was shocked when just few days before the race he was replaced by Roberto Merhi. “I’m very disappointed” says Manor 2. “He appeared a few days before the race with bucket full of money taking my race seat. It’s sad but it’s the current situation in F1 – the contracts are not honored and the drivers with most money gets the seats, not ones with talent. But I’m not giving up and working hard to do at least a few practice drives during the season with one of the top teams.” Our source claims it might be the ※Vivaldi Mercedes-Ferrari, but the team boss swiftly denied. “We’re very happy with our current driver lineup” he says. “Maldonado already provided us with invaluable crash test data. We won’t be replacing any of our drivers anytime soon.”

rjbetty
23rd May 2015, 15:33

ROUND 6: MONACO GP QUALIFYING

We bring a quick update for our team at Monaco:

Well, no surprise with the Mercedes,so thankfully we have their chassis.

However, Kimi still qualifies slowly in 6th. His good race pace won't be much use here. To cap it off, our engine partners Williams are down in 14th and 17th.

That's the end of our title hopes then; as we prepare to tumble out of our 1pt championship lead. So glad we didn't choose this as our Bonus GP, having actually learned from that last year!

Good luck everyone else (Bah!)

vvvvv
23rd May 2015, 20:14
After Monaco GP all members of FTA (FGP Teams Association) are invited to a conference held on my yacht. We plan to study effects of various types of alcohol on FGP teams. The results won’t get published. I have wide selection of samples to taste/test but feel free to bring your own (in sufficient quantity for everyone).

rjbetty
23rd May 2015, 22:10
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb335/rjbetty/FGP%202015%20Spain_zps7dvpaqh7.png (http://s1200.photobucket.com/user/rjbetty/media/FGP%202015%20Spain_zps7dvpaqh7.png.html)

Hey, no-one's finished in 2nd place this year!

Also, FGP 2015 according to real F1 points (Top 10, no bonus/double points):

1.HennersF1 Racing - 81pts
1.Twix's Aki's Racing Team - 81pts
3.FORD FOCUS F1 TEAM - 59pts
4.Chatter Ham - 44pts
4.Team 137 - 44pts
4.Team Loco Americano F1 - 44pts
4.Lion in the West - 44pts
4.'Save Internet Explorer' Williams-Mercedes - 44pts
9.Top Step Racing - 37pts
9.Bobby's Bits - 37pts
11.Underdog Jens GP Racing - 35pts
12.POSF1 Sponsored by Lionel - 27pts
13.Red Passion Team - 25pts
14.Il ritorno di Sebastiano - 25pts
15.LAKKA - 20pts
15.Team Name - 20pts
17.Victoria Bitter's Mt Gambier Boganwagon F1 Team - 16pts
18.Team Truespeed - 12pts
19.Team Mia Witt & Tom Horn - 9pts
20.Vivaldi Mercedes-Ferrari - 2pts

21.Force Finland - (best finish 11th)
22.The Golden Stars - (best finish 11th)
22.Flying Yorkie Zakspeed Express - (best finish 11th)
22.Four Lemona - (best finish 11th)
25.Team Marlboro Koz Racing - (best finish 11th)
26.The Green What? - (best finish 19th)
27.Sinclair Single F1 - (best finish 20th)
28.The Fighting Anglo Mafia - (best finish 23rd)
29.Pool-R-Evil Racing - (best finish 26th)
30.McLaren F1 Forever - (best finish 27th)

steveaki13
23rd May 2015, 23:03
I prefer your standings rjbetty

Tazio
23rd May 2015, 23:10
I jnust may spank ya'awl boyz this race if Jense and Danny K score good points :confused:

vvvvv
23rd May 2015, 23:39
I'm the Marussia of FGP - red colors, new Ferrari engine, 2 points, and the driver who scored it will land critically injured in the hospital if he won't improve his results :) And I might not see the end of the season.

vvvvv
23rd May 2015, 23:39
I hope we won’t accidentally remove any more GPs from the calendar during the conference ;)

vvvvv
24th May 2015, 16:24
Hulk smash! (into the barrier)

N. Jones
24th May 2015, 16:36
Monaco GP results:

https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/results/monaco

1 The Fighting Anglo Mafia 84
2 The Green What? 60
3 POSF1 Sponsored by Lionel 56

N. Jones
24th May 2015, 16:48
Overall Standings

1 Bobby's Bits 345
1 Top Step Racing 345
3 Underdog Jens GP Racing 341
4 FORD FOCUS F1 TEAM 331
5 HennersF1 Racing 324
5 Twix's Aki's Racing Team 324
7 Il ritorno di Sebastiano 322
8 POSF1 Sponsored by Lionel 308
9 LAKKA 291
9 Team Name 291

steveaki13
Twix's Aki Racing Team or TART is pleased to have another strong 5th placed finish as they and look to move up the championship standings.

N. Jones
Unless Ferrari win some races I am going to be stuck in the bottom of the top 10.

Tazio
24th May 2015, 17:02
Monaco GP results:

https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/results/monaco

1 The Fighting Anglo Mafia 84
2 The Green What? 60
3 POSF1 Sponsored by Lionel 56

:rolleyes: :laugh: Sorry! :angel:
Excuse me, Slash and I are going out to celebrate! :idea:

airshifter
24th May 2015, 18:41

I freaking protest this whole race. How in the world did Tazzy win? :laugh:

Make sure to take Nico with you to celebrate. If Slash is looking for some extra cash tell him to talk to Lewis. I'm sure Lewis wouldn't mind a broken glass being used on a couple people on his team!

Even more funny that this is a commanding win for Taz, 26 points ahead of any other team, and that team was a bonus GP at Monaco as well! Well freaking done Taz! :laugh:

Unless Ferrari win some races I am going to be stuck in the bottom of the top 10.

Actually it looks like you are sitting in a pretty good position. There are only a couple teams ahead of you that haven't used their bonus GP, so that will be a big factor. It's those of us all tied for 11th that really have to hope our bonus races score big points.

Belgium is going to really shake things up, as there are a lot of us that have Spa as our bonus GP.

steveaki13
24th May 2015, 19:38

I call fix, sabotage or good old fashioned Brittany cheating. :mad::dozey:

Tazio
24th May 2015, 20:30
I call fix, sabotage or good old fashioned Brittany cheating. :mad::dozey:Well it is helpful that I have finally gotten some assistance from the Russian Mafia!:dozey: :p:

N. Jones
25th May 2015, 01:15
That was some bupkis but the FGPIA has decided that there was no rule that was broken.

rjbetty
25th May 2015, 02:56
Actually it looks like you [N.Jones] are sitting in a pretty good position. There are only a couple teams ahead of you that haven't used their bonus GP, so that will be a big factor. It's those of us all tied for 11th that really have to hope our bonus races score big points.

Belgium is going to really shake things up, as there are a lot of us that have Spa as our bonus GP.

I'm concerned about Henners and Steveaki. They're only a few pts off the lead with no bonus GP used. Real dark horses - not to mention - unbelievably - POSF1.

Belgium will be interesting as 7 teams have that as bonus!

steveaki13
25th May 2015, 10:29
Myself and Henners will only be split by our bonus GPs...... Game on Henners :ninja:

Mia 01
25th May 2015, 11:24
I pick with my heart, not my mind.

Hope to luck in some Points.

COD
25th May 2015, 23:04
Force Finland gets its first decent result of the year. Hope this means my team will continue to climbe from the middle up

truefan72
26th May 2015, 19:03
tumbling all the way down to 16th because the lotus drivers with a good car can never get it into the bloody points